JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fargo Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm Okee dokee. To what extent would you say you suspect Alison, Longety Conaroo?
Take a look at Marmot & nooks interactions, tell me what ya think
I shorely will! Shorely!
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:14 pm Image

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
If Odd is in your wolf reads, where does that put Alison?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
Alison is a town read but trending downwards. Her decision to hardshield Odd seems well Odd to me. Odd has done nothing noteworthy to deserve a shield from such a prolific player. Maybe she knows something that I don't :ponder:
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
Alison is a town read but trending downwards. Her decision to hardshield Odd seems well Odd to me. Odd has done nothing noteworthy to deserve a shield from such a prolific player. Maybe she knows something that I don't :ponder:
she is literally claiming mechanical knowledge that odd is a villager
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

are you not reading the thread bo? i’m confused
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Well my thought just opened up the flood gates for more thoughts. Esooa or Alison (90% sure it was one of these two) mentioned how scum should hardshield town more often. I wouldn't be shocked if this was the case, but if that is the case I got Odd and Alison reads backwards... Thoughts on that situation?
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
I don't read back no time. Read what's in front of me
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

@falcon45ca my view on tsp remains unchanged. Still my my strongest suspect.
Gro-oo-ovy
Alison
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I see the wolves are boxed in and saying the most insane shit possible to stir up chaos in the thread so townies can't coordinate and be productive. It's a busy day for me today so good luck with that. I will assign Jay to keep the thread sane.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
alison is claiming a green check on oddmerta. now you know
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 pm
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Marmot
Ted
KZA
Odd
Al
alison is claiming a green check on oddmerta. now you know
okay I'll believe her for now
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: Marmot and Nanook

From Marmot

Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:25 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:22 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:19 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:17 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:34 pmWhat'd I miss?
I'm confirmed town jay thinks you're mafia tsp thinks Jay is mafia

Thats the important bits

Cool cool, what do you think of Jay and myself? And also TSP?
Not reading until d3/4, idk, my mac impersonation says hes mafia

Which one?
Its in the order you asked

Oooooh, I thought that was a full sentence in which you yourself were not going to read the game at all until then, then said Idk, then randomly said "he's mafia"
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm I got a red peek on Nanook btw
Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:52 am I can't ignore the possibility that Jay decided he wants to hold the record for most posts in a scum game but outside of that edge case hes probably just town

JJJ probably wants that record for every alignment if we're being honest.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:57 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:17 pm My list of 9 goes as such, and I will only expand on a player when asked/prompted.

Alison, Al Sam, nanook, tutuu, LC, Marmot, Ted, Michelle TSP

All of them please.
How would you rank those 9 names?

I can't rank them because I have no read on several of them, but the ones that I do have input on:

Nanook - slight scum
tutuu - slight scum
TSP - town
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 am @Marmot could you elaborate on those nanook and tutuu reads?

Tutuu's been an active presence in the thread, but changing her reads on a whim.

Nanook said he's not going to read JJJ until Day 3-4, but he's made multiple posts like [url[https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 91#p760791]this one[/url] and this one that look like mild attempts at shade.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:03 am @Marmot could you elaborate on those nanook and tutuu reads?

Tutuu's been an active presence in the thread, but changing her reads on a whim.

Nanook said he's not going to read JJJ until Day 3-4, but he's made multiple posts like [url[https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 91#p760791]this one[/url] and this one that look like mild attempts at shade.
I believe the second one is the opposite of shade. Someone (esooa?) had made the argument that Jay was "tryharding" and that that meant he was mafia. Nanook was shooting that down, I think.

I see that now. I noticed the first one when I was reading the thread earlier, but spotted the second one when searching his iso for it.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:15 am marmot, when you get the chance, do you mind quickly breaking down your reads for me? just hearing your view of the game rn would be helpful for me
Sure. I'm about to go to bed, but here's where I'm at.

I think some of the players who are steering the thread and maintaining a cohesive, team-oriented approach are town. This includes JJJ and Sloonei. There are probably other such active players that I haven't had the chance to interact with, but these two are standouts.

Tutuu has been high activity, but low commitment to her reads, I don't think there's much sincerity behind it. I can dig into it tomorrow to see if I still feel that way.

I've already explained my read of you. Some good posts. One icky post.

Nanook is in a slightly similar boat, one post that I didn't care for, but overall has been fine. I expressed suspicion of him earlier, but when I think about it, I'd expect more slanking from him as mafia.

TSP and Bo I think are town due to volume and content. Bo in particular seems extremely comfortable and fluid here to an extent that I've never seen from himn, and he's been the Day 1 yeet in multiple recent games.

These are the players that have stood out to me thus far. Thanks for asking, this was a useful exercise for me too
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm I copped Nanook N0
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 pm [VOTE: Al] aubergine

This is the best of the current wagons.
Do you genuinely believe Al is the scummiest active wagon or is this self pres?

Also this wording implies there is someone who you'd rather see exed over Al but who isn't an active wagon. Who is it?
It is both.

I've seen reasons for both Ted and TSP to be town. Al on the other hand posted an awkward readlist yesterday and not much since then.

If this game happens to be multi-ball, Nanook and spf should be given another look. They were both suspicions I had earlier on before they claimed mason.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:10 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 am Jay sloonei tutu bo fingers all town

Falcon seemed kinda townie so ill roll with that, im also masons with spf

Joseph idk he might be town

I need what two more or three?

Maybe it was a joke, but this is the post I'm referring to
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm I didn't realize they were joking about it earlier, I thought it was an attempt from Nanook to shield spf, because at the time, she was taking a lot of heat.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:15 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm I didn't realize they were joking about it earlier, I thought it was an attempt from Nanook to shield spf, because at the time, she was taking a lot of heat.
I was also a mason in my last game and did not claim it in the thread. It led to a disastrous situation where my partner was almost yeeted and I had to vote someone I thought was town to save him.

The most telling stuff to me is in orange. We can play wifom all day if we want, but I don't care about that. This looks like a read by Marmot, one that he is actually entertaining. That he had to clarify himself and acknowledge that Nanook and/or SPF could have been joking sells that effectively. If Marmot thinks Nanook and SPF might be teamed in a multiball scenario, then Nanook is not on his team (and nor is SPF). If you, dear reader, would prefer to be more careful with this take, I don't blame you. But it's my perspective.

Red stuff: I absolutely do not care about this. I think it would be a fool's errand to interpret Marmot, more than perhaps any other player on The Syndicate, on the basis of stuff like this.

Green stuff: I am referring to the entire exchange starting with this green post. It's a soft interaction, so I say this cautiously, but I think it looks like Marmot being inquisitive with Nanook more than it looks like Marmot using Nanook as an excuse to Make Posts (in a way suggestive of a "hunt").

From Nanook

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:05 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:04 am Not only am I mafia, but I am on all of the mafia teams.
So much power, uwu
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 pm Its a good read and it says good things about Marmot but idk how much it applies here

It's a wet fart from Nanook's side. There are more posts, but they're all directly related to what I have already covered.

Overall I would lean away from associating Nanook with Marmot. I'd be more comfortable with that if Nanook had given me something more of substance to solidify that perspective. With what I have though, I'd lean toward doubt. Nanook could still fit well enough into a general POE just for his posts on their own power, so those who suspect him aren't necessarily at odds with me. We just may have different reasons.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:12 am
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:44 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:30 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:18 am i think it’s unlikely w!alison works herself into a position where she’s almost surely going to be nk’d though. alison is extremely conscious of her thread position when she wolfs and i can’t really see how she would think making a claim that ensures she’ll either die or effectively be outed of she doesn’t is optimal. if she’s a wolf she knew the game was multiball. that means both teams likely have kill power. why risk drawing kp from the opposite team by making this claim? it seems unlikely
Well the joke's already been made that Alison has drawn a NK if she's town, so that's neither here nor there.

She'll get solved, so I'm past it for now.

Take a look at fingersplints ISO and tell me what you think
i don’t really think much of it. splints is poe for me but i wouldn’t really be surprised to see her flip village. shrug
I don’t mind being in anyone’s PoE for now until I have more chance to prove myself. I’m getting quite paranoid at how many people are being town cleared. It just seems like there aren’t enough people left for how many potential mafia spots there are. We should all be considering all options. There are a lot of good players in this game that can easily fool us. I’m not saying I’m ready to completely abandon any good feelings I have, but just that I’m open to exploring all possibilities.
POEs aren't static and change as the game goes on and the bar to be a confirmed town becomes higher and higher. The way you are approaching this game is disorderly. You do not begin by trying to uncover the deepwolf or throwing mistrust across the town. It is never the case that we will try to hero shot out the deepwolf before resolving slots like ted or TSP. Rather, you begin by methodically resolving every slot in the POE. Some will flip scum, others will no doubt flip town. Using that information from the POE flips, you are then able to begin extracting the deepwolf from the towncore by repeatedly raising the bar to be townie over and over. Currently we are in the mode of solving where we issue townreads freely and easily. For example I am giving the Canucks players a two or three day pass to produce results. Once the easy exes dwindle, we use the information gleaned from those exes to analyze the remaining players. Deepwolves are not solved with blind guessing, but rather more information.

tl;dr - townclear freely for now, change your mind if/when the POE runs dry.
I think you are misconstruing my approach here. I’m in no way saying “let’s lynch some of the townie reads tomorrow in hopes of getting a deep wolf!” Nor am I in any way in favour of resolving anyone before tsp or ted. Tsp especially as I am not sure my brain will move on completely until I get an answer there.
As for some of the rest I think I’m going to just have to leave it as open to different approaches. I don’t see how it’s so “disorderly” to allow yourself to question your top town reads. Again, I’m not saying vote for them right away, but as you said PoE changes and that only happens by questioning your town reads as well.
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 pm I see the wolves are boxed in and saying the most insane shit possible to stir up chaos in the thread so townies can't coordinate and be productive. It's a busy day for me today so good luck with that. I will assign Jay to keep the thread sane.
Archwolf affectation or outrageous ego? I guess we'll know after you prove yourself tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions: Marmot and Long Con

From Marmot

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:57 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 am In my experience, Long Con has displayed irritation when suspected either way, but the form of the irritation may be distinct. When he's mafia, the irritation is a more overt kind of rage, like someone railing against an offensive that truly threatens him. When's he's town, the irritation is a more sarcastic dismissal of everyone else, like they and the entire game of Mafia itself are all nonsense that should be treated like nonsense.

I don't know that I see much irritation at this point though.
I don't remember LC being that irritated when he was mafia in MtG
LC was irritated as mafia in Bike. But he was also irritated as town in Fallout.
So it's NAI then

Yes, do you suspect him for other things?

I'll iso him soon
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm There were a couple players I wanted to ISO last night and LC was one of them.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm I'm not voting for Long Con today, his efforts look normal and believable.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:45 pm I'm not voting for Long Con today, his efforts look normal and believable.
Since he has ZERO votes right now, I'm sure this makes him a lot less nervous

That is my goal. :noble:

Marmot took a decent while to acknowledge that Long Con exists, and when he did I get an impression of it being forced. It looks like Marmot talking about Long Con exactly for the sake of talking about Long Con.

I wanted to ISO LC
I'm not voting for Long Con (when he's under no threat)

So that's not my favorite thing.

From Long Con

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:11 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Self-voting is what GoC marmot did. Should i be concerned?
Marmot has been self-voting for years.

That's it. No improvement. Maybe worse.

Long Con can be Marmot's teammate. This would probably represent the most "obvious" relationship I have observed so far. I'll skip the wifom embedded in that observation and just say he's a high candidate to be Kansas City Mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:09 pm You know that the next question is.
Oddmerta, fingersplints, you, Hally (as tutuu), Michelle, JJJ... those are the ones I can remember having some little doubts about. Least suspected would be Joseph, Strawhenge, falcon. That's just off the top of my head, the players I can remember reading a post and thinking good thoughts or bad ones.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:41 pm Interactions: Marmot and Long Con

From Marmot

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:07 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:57 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 am In my experience, Long Con has displayed irritation when suspected either way, but the form of the irritation may be distinct. When he's mafia, the irritation is a more overt kind of rage, like someone railing against an offensive that truly threatens him. When's he's town, the irritation is a more sarcastic dismissal of everyone else, like they and the entire game of Mafia itself are all nonsense that should be treated like nonsense.

I don't know that I see much irritation at this point though.
I don't remember LC being that irritated when he was mafia in MtG
LC was irritated as mafia in Bike. But he was also irritated as town in Fallout.
So it's NAI then

Yes, do you suspect him for other things?

I'll iso him soon
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm There were a couple players I wanted to ISO last night and LC was one of them.
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 pm
Since he has ZERO votes right now, I'm sure this makes him a lot less nervous

That is my goal. :noble:

Marmot took a decent while to acknowledge that Long Con exists, and when he did I get an impression of it being forced. It looks like Marmot talking about Long Con exactly for the sake of talking about Long Con.

I wanted to ISO LC
I'm not voting for Long Con (when he's under no threat)

So that's not my favorite thing.

From Long Con

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:11 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Self-voting is what GoC marmot did. Should i be concerned?
Marmot has been self-voting for years.

That's it. No improvement. Maybe worse.

Long Con can be Marmot's teammate. This would probably represent the most "obvious" relationship I have observed so far. I'll skip the wifom embedded in that observation and just say he's a high candidate to be Kansas City Mafia.
Would you prefer another Kansas City Maf or hunt a Gerhardt this RD?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It probably doesn't need to be said, but whatever: neither Marmot nor Dom said anything about one another. They're compatible by default.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm Would you prefer another Kansas City Maf or hunt a Gerhardt this RD?
Eliminating a Gerhardt, if it turns out that really is the name, would be ideal. I'd prefer to open the doors of the hunt to find both teams simultaneously, and when there's a dead body to dissect it's much more manageable. I will vote a KC suspect first though if there's any consensus forming against someone I town read as a Gerhardt suspect.

Indeed my most likely vote will fall upon someone I view as a candidate for either team. I expect some of those to exist by the time I have completed my work. This all assumes I am alive on Day 2.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

@JaggedJimmyJay what do you think we should do about Dom? I don’t know how to read him from such little content. I mean this thread is a lot, but how much time do we give? I don’t want to give someone not posting a free pass either. I don’t know the answer here
Gro-oo-ovy
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:26 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:21 am Also probably TMI slip.
?
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 amAll the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving...
:eye: :eye:
This is an incredible reach
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We'll also have to see how nova has designed his factional kills.

Across the Internet, multiple mafia teams usually means multiple factional kills every night. That's probably the most likely scenario, but it's not the only possibility. Classical Syndicate multiball of yesteryear instead featured mafia teams that alternated kills on even/odd nights. I think nova has probably been around long enough to at least see those games, and perhaps play in them (I'd have to look).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:33 am
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:29 am
?
Alison wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 amAll the townies in the thread were excited by the flip and subsequent revelations, and immediately set to work solving...
You think it's TMI to call Mac, Hally, and Jay townies? The people I've been saying are my ride or die townies for the past 50 pages?

This is not a read you believe in? At no point did the thought "Alison is mafia and TMI'd Mac/Hally/Jay as town" cross your mind. You are mafia and you need to be taken out back and shot.
You first, mafia. Either you're mafia going after low-hanging fruit, or you're town who is creating a delightful narrative that pretty much throws out anything you know about me... and I think you're a better town player than that.
BoKnows wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 am LC pulling up from DEEP
What does that mean? I'm a deep wolf?
This has been your best post by far
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think we should do about Dom? I don’t know how to read him from such little content. I mean this thread is a lot, but how much time do we give? I don’t want to give someone not posting a free pass either. I don’t know the answer here
I don't hold his disinterest in keeping up with this game against him. I kind of expected that once it became clear he wouldn't make it here until it was already an exploded game.

Likewise I don't give him a pass. He's a candidate to be mafia in that I have no reason to call him a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think we should do about Dom? I don’t know how to read him from such little content. I mean this thread is a lot, but how much time do we give? I don’t want to give someone not posting a free pass either. I don’t know the answer here
I don't hold his disinterest in keeping up with this game against him. I kind of expected that once it became clear he wouldn't make it here until it was already an exploded game.

Likewise I don't give him a pass. He's a candidate to be mafia in that I have no reason to call him a civilian.
I guess we cross the Dom bridge when we get to it.
(As in maybe once all the obvious suspects are gone, before we start turning on the more town reads) I don’t know
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom would be a good vigilante target. He'd be a boring vigilante target, but I'd shoot 'em.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm
?
This is an incredible reach
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:56 pm Image
Which players exactly do you suspect Alison has semi-TMI'ed?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

1. Falcon - don’t kill
2. Tedextr - kill
3. Nanook - meh
4. Odd - don’t kill
5. Sloonei - meh
6. Esooa - don’t kill
7. Strawhenge - don’t kill
8. JaggedJimmyJay - don’t kill
9. Staypositivefriend - don’t kill
10. KZA - kill
11. MacDougall - don’t kill
12. Dom - kill
14. TSP - meh
15. Long Con - kill
16. Fingersplints - meh
18. JPIC - meh
19. Michelle - don’t kill
20. Alison - don’t kill
21. BoKnows - meh
22. Al Sama - kill

don’t kill:
falcon
odd
esooa
straw
jay
spf
mac
michelle
alison

meh:
nook
sloonei
tsp
splints
jpic
bo

kill:
ted
kza
dom
lc
al_sama

i want to refine this more but gth i guess this is where i’m at. meh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:56 pm Dom would be a good vigilante target. He'd be a boring vigilante target, but I'd shoot 'em.
i was going to suggest this, yeah. would be a fine shot
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang, who's my next Marmot analysis? I have falcon on my list, so maybe I guess. I think he's town meh

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm Hey gang, who's my next Marmot analysis? I have falcon on my list, so maybe I guess. I think he's town meh
who have you done already again?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One nice thing: Sloonei suggested earlier that it's not yet a certainly that we really are in a multiple mafia teams game. Whatever convenience some might worry about aside, it is technically the truth.

But it really doesn't matter, at least not given my view of the game. The suspects seem to be generally the same either way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One nice thing: Sloonei suggested earlier that it's not yet a certainly that we really are in a multiple mafia teams game. Whatever convenience some might worry about aside, it is technically the truth.

But it really doesn't matter, at least not given my view of the game. The suspects seem to be generally the same either way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:56 pm Image
Which players exactly do you suspect Alison has semi-TMI'ed?
She didn't say, she just said "all the townies" were playing ideally or something.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:00 pm Hey gang, who's my next Marmot analysis? I have falcon on my list, so maybe I guess. I think he's town meh
Long Con
Nanook
tedxtr
KZA
JPIC
fingersplints
BoKnows
AL_Sama

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I could do Sloonei, though I tend to believe that if any suspicion of him is entertained it'd need to be the other team. I think he drove the Marmot elimination more than everyone else on the Marmot wagon save arguably one or two.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 pm She didn't say, she just said "all the townies" were playing ideally or something.
One she clarified her town reads though in her dialogue with you, did anyone stand out among those names as inordinately trusted?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:06 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 pm She didn't say, she just said "all the townies" were playing ideally or something.
One she clarified her town reads though in her dialogue with you, did anyone stand out among those names as inordinately trusted?
I don't really know how to judge the veracity of a given player's true level of trust.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm
I don't really know how to judge the veracity of a given player's true level of trust.
Do you understand why this accusation might be harder to believe without a greater degree of specificity or who?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm
Do you understand why this accusation might be harder to believe without a greater degree of specificity or who?
If you don't think it's true, then that's fine; if you do think it's possible, then you can look into it. It's not a case I built, it's a reaction to a single post.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:04 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm
Long Con
Nanook
tedxtr
KZA
JPIC
fingersplints
BoKnows
AL_Sama
tony?
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:57 pm 2. Tedextr - kill
meanie
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:28 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:57 pm 2. Tedextr - kill
meanie
:charlieblackmon:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:26 pm tony?
Good pick

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey @tedxtr why did you elect to ISO Marmot in the first place?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 pm Hey @tedxtr why did you elect to ISO Marmot in the first place?
i don't believe there was any reason, just happened
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:35 pm Hey @tedxtr why did you elect to ISO Marmot in the first place?
i don't believe there was any reason, just happened
:charlieblackmon:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tfw you just spontaneously start shielding a wolf for no reason