55%

Total votes: 11
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by ilario »

Yeah lemme rephrase that, I don’t hate his iso and I find myself liking certain parts of it
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Sloonei has somewhat trended down for me lately, still would say the way he’s going about questioning and prodding people is >rand town but nothing is really sticking to me from his recent posts
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I like the talk of the triad, with the fact that people will be careful of reading them and not just going off of a few things without them proving anything.

When I started playing Forum Mafia back in January, my approach to SPF and a select few other players (PonyLove and Transcend specifically for the EM players) was that because I knew they had good wolf games and could probably fool me, and to be honest all 3 of them have ended up doing so, I would make a significant effort to keep them null all of Day 1 until they did something strong that would make me townread them.

However literally every game I just end up with a strong townread on those players pretty quickly. Just my instincts give me the thought that they are indeed town.

So at this rate, even if I know of the reputation of players, I'll still just let my reads ride out and see where they take me.

And if I bang my head into the wall enough times maybe I'll learn my lesson.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:13 am I like the talk of the triad, with the fact that people will be careful of reading them and not just going off of a few things without them proving anything.

When I started playing Forum Mafia back in January, my approach to SPF and a select few other players (PonyLove and Transcend specifically for the EM players) was that because I knew they had good wolf games and could probably fool me, and to be honest all 3 of them have ended up doing so, I would make a significant effort to keep them null all of Day 1 until they did something strong that would make me townread them.

However literally every game I just end up with a strong townread on those players pretty quickly. Just my instincts give me the thought that they are indeed town.

So at this rate, even if I know of the reputation of players, I'll still just let my reads ride out and see where they take me.

And if I bang my head into the wall enough times maybe I'll learn my lesson.
I screwed up but the first line should end with "And that's understandable" so that's my bad.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Okay so like I said earlier in the day:

I'm PROBABLY missing most of tomorrow because I will be spending most of the day with my friends watching the Browns game and hanging out since it's been a while that we've seen each other.

I'll check in throughout the day.

I'm fine with my vote on Sig. If I notice something iffy from a player in the game during my short check ins I'll shift my vote. Otherwise I'm remaining where I'm at.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Johanna »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:05 pm @Johanna @Dolby @G-Man just a friendly nudge.
I told you I would be busy this weekend :shrug:

Plus I've already forgotten my password so I can't log in on my phone.
► Show Spoiler
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 pm Fleabag has been on my list of Things To Watch for a while.
Don't waste time, go watch now. Fleabag>Mafia. In fact maybe when I get home tonight I'll rewatch all of Fleabag again instead of trying to make it to EoD.
Johanna
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johanna »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:42 am I hereby ban the earnest use of the words "villagery" and "wolfy" as adjectives to describe the actions of players in mafia games on the Syndicate.

President Sloonei, 2021.
wolfy tbh.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I WATCH A PLAY FOOTBALL BENGALS CINCINNATI GAME

I GO STADIUM LOSE IQ

GONE DAY BYE

SIG BEST VOTE NO NEED VOTE NOW

KEEP TALK

I VOTE LAST TIME LATER

GONE DAY BYE
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 554

Post by Dyslexicon »

Good day, good morning.

Hi, Johanna, welcome ^^
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:51 pm How arrogant would I be to theorize that Tony and sig are both mafia and we’re already seeing frantic resistance to a closed box?
I already kind of don't think this is the case. I rarely see mafia go immediately to town read their a teammate off of minimal content unless someone else is doing it. Unless it is to be deliberately weird, but few people actually do that imo. Right now I'm thinking Sig > TSP here. TSP's reads are quite against general consensus in a way that brings him some attention that if he's mafia, he can choose not to get by not going against the consensus so much. Maybe this is a bit too Mafia 101, so I welcome other perspectives. Also, I don't know what I expect Sig and TSP to do if they are both mafia. Simple brain is that I like Sig's content the least.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:32 pm Exercise for all:

Please tell me how many mafia are contained in the set of zero posters?

[Dolby, G-Man, Johanna]
One or two. Probably not zero, and three would be a bit sad lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:11 pm NAA is probably town. Swap him with Marmot on my list.
Why dis?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:03 pmWhat are you talking about? How are you moving from my dislike of a plethora of TRs on D1, to my reads and the connections between my SRs? It's D1, I'm not making connections between my SRs, that's a fools errand at this stage.

Since when have I had impressive reads?
I was just wondering if you saw some connections between players, cause I think you said something that I read like "If Ilarios is scum, so is Marmot", so there seemed to me like there was a connection there. I'm just generally trying to understand where you're coming from with your reads, so anything helps really.

Last game we played on PerC, I was. But this doesn't really matter. I'm just trying to encourage more words.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:37 pm Sloonei
JJJ
SPF
Ilario
Son of Anarch
Dizzy

Any questions?
Staring at the list...

I need 1 more for a correct solve.

I'll take 2 to make it 8 townreads of mine so that we box the wolves in the tightest box possible.
:smoky:
Lime town siding mafia theory intensifies :mafia:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:53 pm I think Lime Coke is town and might feel more strongly about that than I do about ilario or Son of Anarch being town. That's not really a "slight" on the latter two; they're fine.
Can you do some whys on this?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am Son of Anarch is an interesting case. I think that, on a holistic level, he looks pretty decent. There are some isolated moments where he might be a bit s t i l t e d though. I think I could even be reading him that way as a byproduct of his penchant for replacing the "ing" with " in' ". Replacin' as it were. I know that's dumb, but I'm just trying to make sense of a dumb concept like "stilted".

Still generally a town read, just with a bit more trepidation than some others have shown.
He kind of reminds me of that one player in last year's champs who role played in Game 1. =p
I think I've seen stuff from Anarch that mafia rarely says, and in general, town tells are way more reliable than scum tells imo. I may or may not feel inspired to go back and see if I agree with myself.

Right now I feel pretty good about at least five players being town. If I'm wrong on one of them, I feel like they are forced to town side quite a bit, which I'm then fine with. If I'm wrong on more than one, I'm not doing a nice job. And here is where I get my usual "but strong players" worry. But actually, history has told me that in a game with a lot of strong and active players, reliable town cores are likely to form, which in turn can break the game open quickly.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Time zones] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh yay, all players have now posted at least one time. My brain feels better. \o/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:35 am Image
I feel left out and hours apart. Can I be the blank space in the middle at least? :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:16 am Is Dolby my seventh town read?

Maybe. :ponder:
Third why to you.

Just a cautionary tale: I recently played a game with Dolby on MU, where they were mafia and won quite easily. Town (including me) were all geese that game, but what I got from it is that he's certainly capable of posting "good content" as scum. That said, he was more involved, directive and on top of things than he is here. I don't know if him coming in late and taking the game somewhat lightly is towny, but it's not scummy from that one game meta (lol) that I have. And I don't really have any problems with his takes either.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:38 am Well, I'm reading SPF's ISO and there's some damn good content.

Her take on sig earlier today was quite nuanced and one I would expect more from a townie player as opposed to a scum player for that reason. I saw that it does include a response to Dizzy, but I don't think that implicates Dizzy like I think SPF implied.

I'm also probably going to volume-clear Dizzy for Day 1. In the last game I hosted, he played as scum, and didn't really post that all that much until he had to.
Daily reminder that if Sig flips mafia, I made the same point as spf did through questioning. =p
And I don't think spf meant implicate me in anything other than being gay.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wanting to clear both me and spf is pretty towny probably
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:54 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:50 am Main Meritorious Matador Marmot, whaddya think of sig?
SPF pointed out an interesting thing, but rereading that point didn't sway me on sig, only that SPF was probably town.

Reading TSP's "obvious town" read of sig caught my eye more. Once I'm done sorting through his ISO, I'll take a look at sig.
What's your critique of spf's point, if it didn't sway you? Or how do you see it?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:09 am I read sig's ISO. It's 12 posts. It's not townie. I could see him being town, but I could also see him being scum. I can't make up my mind on him right now. I can't tell what he's trying to do, except pick a fight with a player that's roleclaimed. Those are the kind of waves that, at least to me, don't make sense for a scum player to make.

I'd love feedback on this take.
I think it's unclear whether Sig is aware that Anarch roleclaimed. His beef was about Anarch suggestion the Vendor to claim, which is a beef I don't understand. I'm a vegetarian. I also think that picking that as a point to argue is very easy for scum to do, and it's unclear to me why Sig thinks it's scummy behaviour rather than something he "doesn't like".
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 am
I feel left out and hours apart. Can I be the blank space in the middle at least? :noble:
Me u and soa have our own triad

Why do you think I specifically tagged both of you in my recent post about marmot :p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:02 am @Dyslexicon @Son of Anarch

Watcha both think of marmot?

I like his iso
I already liked the admittedly little content he had, and I also think his solving just now looks like what I expect from a town!Marmot. There's some nuanced thinking there, and I'm also fine with the direction he has. It's possible I'm giving too much cred for too little, still I feel pretty good about The Marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:20 am
Me u and soa have our own triad

Why do you think I specifically tagged both of you in my recent post about marmot :p
Aw, I feel seen and loved. Thank you! This actually warms my heart. Wow, I got issues lol, but it's nice ^^
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

The Tale of the Two Triads.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I love the tackiness of the glow text. It's a party.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:05 am Thorough read of what I missed.

I like both Marmot and Dolby.

They can be number 7 and 8 in my townreads.

I'm satisfied with my list.
Why do you read them town?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:44 am The Tale of the Two Triads.
Lmaooo I love this

Imagine if one of the triads was full of wolves, now that would be spicy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:46 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:44 am The Tale of the Two Triads.
Lmaooo I love this

Imagine if one of the triads was full of wolves, now that would be spicy
What if we were mafia together? I would love that.

Saying this for the wifom :noble:
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

If either of us flips mafia the other is gonna look so towny from spew Atleast
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going to attempt making a full ordered list, but just know that I kind of hate this exercise and I could second guess a lot of placements that ultimately doesn't end up mattering lol

Ilario - Husband material. Even if he's pulling off the deepest pocket of my career, he would be husband material.
Sloondog - He's doing his town things, he's not doing his one scum thing, and Jimmay says he is town.
SPF - I really like how she brought up the Sig mismatch thing, and I also feel good about our interaction. Funny thing is that her claiming stoned alleviated my worry around the one post that stood out the most to me lol.
Jimmay - I have followed his reads and thoughts, and I think our reads are pretty much identical or only minor variances, and there is of course no need to be paranoid!
Anarch - Not familiar, but I think he's done things that mafia pretty much just doesn't do. Creds if he is tbh. Also like his direction.
Marmot - I have no issues with The Marmot.
Dolby - Is probably fine. His posts are fine.
Axe - I don't know really.
Lime - I'm not quite convinced on Lime tbh. I feel he is very spongy, and I didn't like his woe is me post, cause it read more like he thought it was unfair that he was read mafia rather than it being wrong. Still appreciate his activity and solving, and not really interested to chop today.
TSP - He certainly has posts. Probably maybe not teamed with Sig? Could easily be town tbh
Falcon - Don't know, and don't particularly understand his takes. To be fair, he's not typically the most active or consensus player in general to my knowledge.
G-Man - There's nothing to read really.
Johanna - Honestly, those posts leaves nothing but mhhh in my mouth.
Sig - I read the thread/didn't read the thread, no good. And his approach to me felt like buddying. Unconvincing attack on Anarch, kind of feels like a crutch.

Anarch and above are pretty comfortable town. Add Marmot too, if I'm feeling a bit frisky.
Don't really have active suspicion on anyone except Sig.
Something like that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:54 am If either of us flips mafia the other is gonna look so towny from spew Atleast
Win-win :lorab:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Johanna What is your experience with mafia, what sites have you played on, who are you familiar with here if anyone etc etc hi hi
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

It's Election Day here, so I'm going to go out and vote now. Obviously not as important as voting in mafia, WHICH IS SOMETHING EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO BEFORE EOD OK. Thanks
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Dunno how much I’ll be able to check in or have phone charge. Let’s keep the day moving though, the wagon needn’t stall that.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 446
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:38 am Well, I'm reading SPF's ISO and there's some damn good content.

Her take on sig earlier today was quite nuanced and one I would expect more from a townie player as opposed to a scum player for that reason. I saw that it does include a response to Dizzy, but I don't think that implicates Dizzy like I think SPF implied.

I'm also probably going to volume-clear Dizzy for Day 1. In the last game I hosted, he played as scum, and didn't really post that all that much until he had to.
This post is entirely pockets / perhaps a partner slipped in there. Its entirely fluff and no substance.

I feel the same way about JJJ, working pretty hard, but has nothing interesting to say.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Actually, I think Marmot is a PR.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:26 am Actually, I think Marmot is a PR.
If this is ever proven false, I recommend killing them.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Also I think Sig and JJJ are high probability opposite alignments
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 381
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:22 am

This post is entirely pockets / perhaps a partner slipped in there. Its entirely fluff and no substance.

I feel the same way about JJJ, working pretty hard, but has nothing interesting to say.

Is there a difference in your mind between people who are working hard with nothing interesting to say, and people working hard in order to look town?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm not sold on a Dolby TR yet. I've been trying to explain that my SR of Sloonei was a joke, but he still maintains that I was serious, and that he TR's me for it. Reason being, I expect scum to lock themselves into reads more, and I expect townies to be more fluid.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 am
ilario wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:02 am @Dyslexicon @Son of Anarch

Watcha both think of marmot?

I like his iso
I already liked the admittedly little content he had, and I also think his solving just now looks like what I expect from a town!Marmot. There's some nuanced thinking there, and I'm also fine with the direction he has. It's possible I'm giving too much cred for too little, still I feel pretty good about The Marmot.
Did you slot me into Unad? Can I upgrade to a Triad?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I leave now, will probably be back for the final 1-2 hours.

Good luck players of all unities, I believe in you. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Son of Anarch »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am Son of Anarch is an interesting case. I think that, on a holistic level, he looks pretty decent. There are some isolated moments where he might be a bit s t i l t e d though. I think I could even be reading him that way as a byproduct of his penchant for replacing the "ing" with " in' ". Replacin' as it were. I know that's dumb, but I'm just trying to make sense of a dumb concept like "stilted".

Still generally a town read, just with a bit more trepidation than some others have shown.
Hey Jimmy, I appreciate the town read n' all, even if it's comin' with some strings attached. Can ya maybe quote a post or two where ya feel I might be stilted?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:08 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am (perhaps i should be taking a closer look at my read on Son Of Anarch - i wrote him off as town almost immediately when i have no idea what his range is like or how competent of a wolf he is)
I was having this thought just a moment before I read your post. My current stance is that Son of A Narc is town and perfectly agreeable and a helpful voice in the thread. But he's also new to me, but clearly not new to the game, and a player in that position could very quickly and easily disarm us if they know what buttons to push.

This is not something I would take action on right now, but it is something I would be mindful of if the game begins to take a shape that we do not like.
Hey man, I'm tellin' you all to be scared of me :) I'm not scum this game, but I can tell you all that I'm not half-bad.
Dolby wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 am
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.
Hate this post, I’m always against claiming earlier especially d1
Weird callout. Especially since Anarch already established themselves as pro-mech claim where they claimed watcher. Just takes the call for fruit vendor to claim, which isn't bad, and strips away a past context which makes it look better.

Townreads Dizzy

Don't care about the response to the SPF stuff.
sig wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 pm Also son of arch is just doing a very obvious omgus and salty that I disagree with others on his town rwae
would have to read for context

Basically the whole ISO is being defensive and talking about Anarch. I strongly dislike the sus on Anarch from sig, nor do I like that beyond the Dizzy toneread it's the only thing he's put out. There is space to improve since he hasn't backread but does not look good.
I appreciate your analysis here, Dolby. Keep sheepin' my reads and I'll take care of ya, although I gotta say, I kept confusin' you for ilario here because of the avatar.
I don't think any of the spoiled bits are that important and to be honest with you all, the quoting on this website is a bit difficult/hard to keep up, so I'm just gonna be talkin' about things without quotes and then if ya need me to quote for whatever reason, just ask me.

@ilario I think Marmot's recent posts are alright. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. I guess you could say his posts are mostly safe, but not really that scummy t'me. I know that's kinda avoiding givin' a direct answer, but probably wouldn't feel comfortable labeling the dude one way or the other.

And Sloonei man, I honestly don't know what you're tryin' to say there. I get you don't want to enforce a read on Jimmy or make people think you have to follow your read, but I think from my perspective it seems pretty obvious that ya town read the guy. Reason bein' that you haven't really contested the triad idea, keep askin' leading questions that sorta attempt to guide people towards the read, and I don't think you'd give Jimmy this much thread control if ya thought the guy was scum, eh? So I don't get why you're makin' such a big deal about not givin' a read on him.

Dyslexicon had a good point earlier by the way. I know ya guys haven't ever played with me, but I think some of my posts here are pretty hard to fake as scum just in general. I'd listen to the good man here and town read me to make the game easier on you all :) Hah, but if you don't wanna that's okay too. I just wanna remind you all though that cowboys are good at catchin' criminals.

Also, I accept my place in the triad with you Ilario. I was readin' over your ISO earlier and I'm thinkin' you're just town. Reason being that I think some of your ideas and posts are just too whacky to be scum and your confidence is so fire. I know I said earlier confidence could be scum-indicative, but it's the kinda confidence that's enforced for the sake of pushin' the game along and not the kind of confidence I see a wolf present in order to be town read. Dyslexicon seems like a pretty cool dude as well, high-energy and all. Not that that makes someone town, but I've seen him present a few reads or push in a few directions that I feel like would be pretty ballsy to do, also everyone else seems to town read him and I doubt the whole thread would be wrong on that sorta read since he seems to be a regular on the site.

Here's a reads list for everyone's trouble by the way (it's not ordered between tiers):

Stayposi
Ilario
Jimmy
Dyslexicon
NAA

-------

Dolby
Sloonei
Marmot
Falcon

-------

G-man
Johanna

-------

Lime Coke
TSP

-------

sig
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will let Sloonei explain himself regarding his handling of me. All I’ll say now is: I’m not worried.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

@JaggedJimmyJay how confident are you on sloonei being town this game? I know I asked you the same question in rym when I was mafia but this time I’m asking as town because I’m very certain in my top 2 trs (aka the rival triad) and I’m fairly certain that you’re town. If you are sure on sloonei that means I have 5 slots that are never mafia which is 1/3 Of the game already on IC levels for me.

To explain my JJJ read:

His handling of both mine and LCs slot has been very towny. JJJ started off the game somewhat reluctant to out a read on me, which is very reasonable after our most recent game together. It was clear he had some paranoia on me but the thing that makes it towny is that he never voiced this paranoia whereas as mafia I feel like he would have used it as a crux to avoid taking a stance on me, or if anything use it to discredit any townreads on me. He never voiced his paranoia but I’m almost certain it was there because that’s how almlst everyone treats me after they play with me more than a couple times. Despite all that, he still ended up townrrading me at what felt like a very natural time to do so for him. Ultimately it comes down to the idea that I’m used to being tinfoiled a lot in almost every game after people get to know me and from that I feel like I’ve learnt to tell apart towny paranoia vs scum agenda, and the way jjj approached me feels very pure. Whilst I have not come around to finding LC as town just yet, I do think that JJJ believes his read on LC and his progression there also feels very natural.

Return to “Previous Heists”