Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 200

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 pm
alexa wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:26 pm
alexa wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:20 pm [VOTE: FALCON] aubergine
nah the mafia here is you and Lime coke
funny
I'm not joking anymore
still funny
fair
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:19 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:17 pm @MacDougall

You have Falcon as town from what I remember, what's the reason for it?
I forgot
Who do you townread now then?
nanook
That's all?
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 52

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:24 pm i hate that i townread that post
why do you townread that post? i actually think that it's wolfy in conjunction with this:
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:21 pm
CRichard wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:10 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:09 pm
CRichard wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:05 pm Falcon can also go into the PoE as they give off UTR vibes, which isn't how I remember playing with them in Akemi Homura.
Can it be real life? Sure, though I'll add that I haven't found anything that makes me thing Falcon/Wilgy can't be team mates either.
Valid
Merry Christmas!
On a more serious note, I haven't seen you much while I was backreading the thread.
Who do you think isn't paired with Wilgy fypov? Remember Akemi Homura?
I do remember.

Nook, Mac, Alexa right off the top of my head have poor partner equity w/ Wilgy.

I have postulated that Wilgy, rather than scum push his partner like he did w/ Gav, might be more inclined to TR his partner.

I'm interested in SPF/fingersplints wagons ATM
falcon posting some vague and uncontroversial nonassociatives with wilgy and then saying "i'm interested in SPF/fingersplints" wagons feel like a pretty transparent attempt to powerwolf and push the game into the wrong direction, especially from the POV of knowing that im town. falcon hasnt interacted with any of my posts in this game and i dont believe that he actually scumreads me, and i think he might just be a wolf trying to keep a low presence and coast through as long as possible
Yeah, but I don't know you're Town & I think you could be Maf.

Howbowdat?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:37 pm i was going to spend a few hours re-reading this game and analyzing the interactions everyone had with drwilgy but instead i think im just going to post in real-time as much as possible and develop my reads from there. it's more fun and less mentally draining that way, and it requires less WIM on my part

ill be around for a while tonight, so lmk if anyone wants to bounce thoughts off of each other
Unfortunately not many are here.

Do you want to ask me about anything? I have a slight bit of energy from a nap so I can do a bit of something.
what does your immediate POE look like?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 pm
why do you townread that post? i actually think that it's wolfy in conjunction with this:
CRichard wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:05 pm Falcon can also go into the PoE as they give off UTR vibes, which isn't how I remember playing with them in Akemi Homura.
Can it be real life? Sure, though I'll add that I haven't found anything that makes me thing Falcon/Wilgy can't be team mates either.
Valid
Merry Christmas!
On a more serious note, I haven't seen you much while I was backreading the thread.
I do remember.

Nook, Mac, Alexa right off the top of my head have poor partner equity w/ Wilgy.

I have postulated that Wilgy, rather than scum push his partner like he did w/ Gav, might be more inclined to TR his partner.

falcon posting some vague and uncontroversial nonassociatives with wilgy and then saying "i'm interested in SPF/fingersplints" wagons feel like a pretty transparent attempt to powerwolf and push the game into the wrong direction, especially from the POV of knowing that im town. falcon hasnt interacted with any of my posts in this game and i dont believe that he actually scumreads me, and i think he might just be a wolf trying to keep a low presence and coast through as long as possible

Howbowdat?
but i dont get the impression that youre genuinely trying to figure out my alignment, feels like you picked a name out of a hat to lazily coast on
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:51 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:37 pm i was going to spend a few hours re-reading this game and analyzing the interactions everyone had with drwilgy but instead i think im just going to post in real-time as much as possible and develop my reads from there. it's more fun and less mentally draining that way, and it requires less WIM on my part

ill be around for a while tonight, so lmk if anyone wants to bounce thoughts off of each other
Unfortunately not many are here.

Do you want to ask me about anything? I have a slight bit of energy from a nap so I can do a bit of something.
what does your immediate POE look like?
Falcon/Dolby/Gira

Gira's recent posting makes me want to yeet him the least.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:35 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:14 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:52 am The fact that Dizzy didn't flip VT perhaps might indicate as I said before that it was a PR kill. That would explain a world where Alexa, Mac and Nook are all town and they survive 2 night kills in a row.
fwiw i think this thought from CRrichard is kind of towny, regardless of whether or not its correct. i imagine that the wolves would probably want to be injecting as much paranoia in the thread as possible at this stage in the game (particularly if the "consensus" POE is headed in the right direction), and this post effectively accomplishes the opposite of that. it might benefit CR to say this if their teammates were buried super deep but i still think it's kind of a towny observation to make in the first place

i also think that CR is town for emotional reasons that should be self-evident, but i feel dirty townreading him for that so im trying to substantiate my read with logic lol
If he's partnered with Gira or alexa it makes sense for him to push this, yeah?
with alexa maybe, but definitely not gira. gira is "consensus" POE at this point, so i don't think CR would be incentivized to push that angle if he was partnered with him
Why would he not be incentived to push that the nk of a person scumreading Gira was for reasons besides their reads?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:02 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:35 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:14 pm
CRichard wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:52 am The fact that Dizzy didn't flip VT perhaps might indicate as I said before that it was a PR kill. That would explain a world where Alexa, Mac and Nook are all town and they survive 2 night kills in a row.
fwiw i think this thought from CRrichard is kind of towny, regardless of whether or not its correct. i imagine that the wolves would probably want to be injecting as much paranoia in the thread as possible at this stage in the game (particularly if the "consensus" POE is headed in the right direction), and this post effectively accomplishes the opposite of that. it might benefit CR to say this if their teammates were buried super deep but i still think it's kind of a towny observation to make in the first place

i also think that CR is town for emotional reasons that should be self-evident, but i feel dirty townreading him for that so im trying to substantiate my read with logic lol
If he's partnered with Gira or alexa it makes sense for him to push this, yeah?
with alexa maybe, but definitely not gira. gira is "consensus" POE at this point, so i don't think CR would be incentivized to push that angle if he was partnered with him
Why would he not be incentived to push that the nk of a person scumreading Gira was for reasons besides their reads?
the point is that CR was pushing the narrative that alexa/mac/you are all town and that the consensus POE is largely correct - gira is part of that consensus POE

if his plan was to subtly protect gira by downplaying the reads of the person who got nightkilled, it isn't reflected in the rest of his posts today
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wait can I read falcon real quick
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lean solid mafia
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Him not posting days 2/3 is not helpful
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Reasons why I'm townreading everyone else that isn't in my POE.

Alexa - Pushed on Wilgy and spoke about how scummy he was most of the day. Shows town entitlement by reacting to scumreads from SPF, Esooa, and Fingers - moreso the last 2 after the Wilgy yeet- by OMGUS'ing.

Mac - Pushed the Wilgy wagon right before End of Day 1, had that reaction test gimmick on Day 2 with myself and Alexa which I doubt Mac tries to touch if he's mafia.

Nanook - Pushed on Wilgy when he was nearing the top wagon before EOD when other targets like Finger were available.

Esooa / CRichard / TSP - Esooa Day 2 got annoyed at how people were playing the game and started to go through isos; then proceeded to get mad about how no one was apparently taking it seriously and left. Then CRichard came in, start of Day 3 outed rage about the quick hammer and then left, don't remember what TSP posted but I'm willing to call this slot a "Giant Ball of Towny Frustration" and call it a day.
Now we need someone to sub into this slot on Day 4 so that we have one slot be a modified Team Mafia slot.

SPF - Her reaction to my push and specific posts about "You shouldn't have to townread me to try to work with me otherwise you'll be conf-biased" and a select few others felt kinda towny to me. I had to look back and see why I put her as town and it was pages 18 and 19 where she progresses a read on Alexa that feels pretty natural, defends Nanook from Esooa's suspicion and says that she thinks his recent posts at that point were towny, which is the "stance taking" part I was talking about that I thought was missing from SPF's iso originally.

This is pretty much in order.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:52 pm
Valid
Merry Christmas!
I do remember.

Howbowdat?
but i dont get the impression that youre genuinely trying to figure out my alignment, feels like you picked a name out of a hat to lazily coast on
That kinda sounds like a you problem?

I don't know what to tell ya. My read is real
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Valid
Merry Christmas!
I do remember.

Howbowdat?

is your read based on anything other than "gut"?

if the answer is no, then how am i supposed to know that your read is real?

and if the answer is yes, what else is your read based on?
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 276

Post by Gira »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:56 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:18 pm also, if there's a bus, who do you think bussed him? it seems unlikely to me that his wagon was entirely pure (particularly because, to my memory, the thread was super stagnant during the last hours of the EOD1 and wilgy getting killed was pretty much inevitable, so it would be weird if at least one wolf didn't jump on in an attempt to get townread) but i think: "there was a bus" is the type of read that's kind of empty if it isnt backed up with specific names
i don't know

i'm bad at this
mind talking about your townread on falcon more? i think that's the thing that made me the most concerned about you while catching up tbh
i don't know. i was doubting it earlier looking through wilgy's iso because they barely talked about each other, but he made those posts and i said "hmm these seem fine like he's doing his idiosyncratic thing rather than going with the flow of the consensus" and then you came in and were like "actually, these are bad" and so i doubted myself again and feel like i have nothing useful
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:32 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:29 pm

Merry Christmas!
I do remember.

Howbowdat?

is your read based on anything other than "gut"?

if the answer is no, then how am i supposed to know that your read is real?

and if the answer is yes, what else is your read based on?
You've had several posts re: player's having concrete reasons, or not their reasoning not being valid to you (I mean, you've just done it to me)...

That's one way for Wolves to appear solvey, while actually just discrediting players for reasons that are difficult to quantify...like, you've said my read on you isn't genuine. I guess that means you think I'm Maf?

The thing is tho, I'm not, and my read on you is real.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

meh i'm back to thinking falcon believes what he's saying

i have actually voted dolby in the poll now given that he has done ~nothing to make me believe he is town so far
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

havin' another coffee with egg nog
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:00 pm havin' another coffee with egg nog
Fuck I've never done that before, and now I feel like Luke when he gets his first lightsabre

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Gira wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:00 pm havin' another coffee with egg nog

I interrupt my general host strategy of not interating with players to say "this sounds freaking tasty".

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

true delight of the season
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ah right back to paying attention
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

game has basically died as far as i can tell
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

but I'm still some 800 posts away from passing Nanook again so gotta keep up the energy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:37 pm game has basically died as far as i can tell
Well, you were keeping it alive for so long...

Oh wait

Nice to see you BTW.

Since you're basically brand new to the game, how bout' some fresh takes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon town

I'm gonna flip a coin, heads Dolby is in anti-spew, tails this is dadv
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I googled coin head and almost immediately regretted it
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:06 pm I googled coin head and almost immediately regretted it
lmao
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Dolby wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:31 pm I barely remember what I thorugh from my first read through tbh
this was his last post, so, like
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

in fact if someone could show up to put the 4th vote on him to avoid any possibility of shenanigans that'd be grrrreat
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

If anyone has any reason to confidently say Falcon is town and can give reasons why I'd like to know because everyone else looks townier/has reasons to be town over him.
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

ok hi i am here
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Like I'm fine with either Falcon or Alison/Dolby slot going over, same reasoning as "Everyone else has reasons to be townread over them" and that's been it.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

tsp agreeing on falcon maf makes me feel fine on the vote

though i need to check who tsp subbed in for but i think crichsoa
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

ok yes crichsoa

but yes tsp has a good falcon read so that's fine
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:27 pm tsp agreeing on falcon maf makes me feel fine on the vote

though i need to check who tsp subbed in for but i think crichsoa
Yes the Esooa/CRich slot.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Which I think is just town due to "ball of rage" from both of them-
Granted Esooa wasn't "Rage" it was just annoyance.
and I'm not really looking to vote that slot ever.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

TSP thinking he can read falcon is a legit thing, he did it when he subbed into a scum slot with me on RYM but like specifically because he thought falcon was 3P, and he apparently had his read on falcon right every time in the last so yeah his approach there is towny and probably sheepable
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 pm TSP thinking he can read falcon is a legit thing, he did it when he subbed into a scum slot with me on RYM but like specifically because he thought falcon was 3P, and he apparently had his read on falcon right every time in the last so yeah his approach there is towny and probably sheepable
past*
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:58 pmfalcon town
pls explain
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:31 pm TSP thinking he can read falcon is a legit thing, he did it when he subbed into a scum slot with me on RYM but like specifically because he thought falcon was 3P, and he apparently had his read on falcon right every time in the last so yeah his approach there is towny and probably sheepable
The fact that he came to that conclusion at a short amount of time kind of makes me think he's confident in it or at least is accurate?

I'm just confused as to why Mac keeps townreading him.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Okay good timing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 pm
pls explain
gut
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 pm
The fact that he came to that conclusion at a short amount of time kind of makes me think he's confident in it or at least is accurate?

I'm a God
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:38 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 pm
pls explain
gut
that ain't gonna cut it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

call it "absence of wolf or self pres agenda"
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:39 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 pm

I'm a God
Who is mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

how many wolves are left?

Return to “Previous Heists”