GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D5

Post by falcon45ca »

Neither Belzy or Porscha were on Guillos wagon. Maf were on every wagon except the Guillo (lack of flips) and TSP (wolf)

I find it unlikely that Maf completely avoided Guillos wagon. The POE of remaining players from Guillos wagon has at least 1 Maf, likely 2
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Porscha »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:47 pm Neither Belzy or Porscha were on Guillos wagon. Maf were on every wagon except the Guillo (lack of flips) and TSP (wolf)

I find it unlikely that Maf completely avoided Guillos wagon. The POE of remaining players from Guillos wagon has at least 1 Maf, likely 2
can't be 2 unless it was you and jpic but I dont think its you and I know it isn't me or belzy, so
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:05 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:50 pm Can someone remind me about Belzy & Porscha?

Like, if they're confirmed, why/how, and why are they still alive?
If there is reason to reconsider Porscha and Belzy it is this: They were cleared by Alexa specifically. They were both already comfortable town reads, and had very deliberately linked themselves together in the thread. But then Alexa faked an outburst where she shouted out their role(s) as "toxic masons" to justify their connection to one another.

Alexa claimed to have learned this as the town role cop. We now know that she was not any sort of role cop or investigative role at all. However, she also had information about nutella's role on Day 1 of the game which turned out to be accurate (I think? I wasn't fully present and my memory may be wrong), so it's not unlikely that the mafia team has some sort of role cop ability and Alexa simply chose to act as a mouthpiece for that. Her report on Belzy and Porscha could be accurate.

However, now that we know Alexa's emotional outburst during which she "revealed" this information about Belzy and Porscha was fake (as in, her emotions were faked), we should call into question her motives. Was it just Alexa's attempt to secure her place in the towncore by providing accurate information about a pair of town roles? Or was it a more nefarious attempt to clear herself along with two teammates who had already backed themselves into a corner via association with one another?
Let’s let this idea marinate for a little while.
[/quote]

I like it

[VOTE: Belzy] aubergine
[/quote]

dumb. I don't think that's a sound argument. I was *not* a comfortable town read when alexa was trying to save me from c4's tunnel day 1. which I outlined yesterday, I thought was suspicious of her. belzy was then forced to out us as a potential mech pair to save me from lynch day 1. alexa was reading me as town for what I can only assume is b/c she was trying to get on my good side. alexa did fake an outburts, but my outburst back was very real when multiple people have read it as not real. I was extremely upset and didn't understand why she would do it. I didn't know how to read it.
also, as has been pointed out, me nor belzy argued that it was incorrect. which means... it's probably true. and the only people who would know if it was true or not would be other mafia since they obviously had some kind of role cop.
there is no way you can say me and belzy were confirmed town before role reveal AND be wolves backed into a corner in the same thought process. I know you aren't playing like that rn frfr!!!!
"They were both already comfortable town reads"
" two teammates who had already backed themselves into a corner via association with one another" both are pushes to read us as mafia and both are wrong and makes me feel worse about your position in my poe. how nice is it that me and belzy with confirmed roles as town are still alive so that we can maybe get voted out by sloonei instead of shot since there are stronger roles than me and belzy :thinking:
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am town, Porscha. I am not making that argument because I believe it must be right. I am making that argument because I am becoming increasingly wary that we have miscleared somebody. If this is the case, you and Belzy stand out. You were cleared by a player who has since flipped mafia in what was obviously a fabricated emotional outburst from her. I think it is worth reconsidering our reads on you at this stage of the game.

Before typing this post, I had typed out my mechanical claim. I was about to hit submit, but thought I'd keep trying to fight my way out of the POE the old fashioned way instead. I would still prefer not to expose myself to the soup at this stage, but if the game can't progress out of the assumption that I am mafia, then I fear I will need to claim sooner rather than later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i'm willing to believe you are still town, but idk why you need to try and open case against me and belzy as if there isn't a perfect good poe between jpic, lp, sabie, dya, and reach of even falcon if we believe he's deep wolfing and saving m!creature. reaching for me and belzy just seems weird as if there isn't other options b/c we "miscleared"... there are some who aren't cleared at all, so like?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:44 pm there is no way you can say me and belzy were confirmed town before role reveal AND be wolves backed into a corner in the same thought process. I know you aren't playing like that rn frfr!!!!
This is not a thing that I said.

You and Belzy were both being treated as town reads by the majority of the thread. Not "confirmed", and probably not universal either. But if there was a towncore at that point, you two were in it.
At the same time, however, you two had clearly and obviously linked yourselves together. When I say that you were "backed into a corner", I mean that you and Belzy, if mafia, could not do anything to unlink yourselves from one another. You had clearly and blatantly shielded each other. If you are mafia and alexa is your partner, this was her attempting to provide the two of you with justification for that strong connection in the thread.

I do find it a bit hard to believe. But it is easier to believe than a world where I am mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:06 am i'm willing to believe you are still town, but idk why you need to try and open case against me and belzy as if there isn't a perfect good poe between jpic, lp, sabie, dya, and reach of even falcon if we believe he's deep wolfing and saving m!creature. reaching for me and belzy just seems weird as if there isn't other options b/c we "miscleared"... there are some who aren't cleared at all, so like?
I am considering all angles here as well. All of those names are still in the POE. But I have spent some time trying to consider a world where LP is town. And in that world, I feel like we're missing something major. In that world, the first place I look is at the two players who were very publicly cleared by a member of the mafia team in what was very clearly a staged outburst from her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also I've realized that falcon is 100% confirmed town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

While I am not ruling these people out as suspects:
I struggle to see dya as mafia because they killed Marmot on Day 1 when they were absolutely not in a position to remain invested in this game longterm. Shooting a teammate on Day 1 is not a move I would expect a mafia member to make in dya's position.

I struggle to see JPIC as mafia simply because he passes the eye test. I also felt that JPIC and Mac treated him in a way that I would not expect from teammates.

I feel that sabie is town because she has a believable tone, has appeared distressed about the suspicion against her in a way that seems honest, and because dya has suggested that all of these things are reflected in their private chat as well.

LP remains as a suspect, but some of their behavior today has had me second guessing this. Additionally, I am struggling to identify the last remaining mafioso in the world where LP is bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:07 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:44 pm there is no way you can say me and belzy were confirmed town before role reveal AND be wolves backed into a corner in the same thought process. I know you aren't playing like that rn frfr!!!!

You and Belzy were both being treated as town reads by the majority of the thread. Not "confirmed", and probably not universal either. But if there was a towncore at that point, you two were in it.
At the same time, however, you two had clearly and obviously linked yourselves together. When I say that you were "backed into a corner", I mean that you and Belzy, if mafia, could not do anything to unlink yourselves from one another. You had clearly and blatantly shielded each other. If you are mafia and alexa is your partner, this was her attempting to provide the two of you with justification for that strong connection in the thread.

I do find it a bit hard to believe. But it is easier to believe than a world where I am mafia.
yeah there's no way I don't just get bussed or thrown to the wolves (no pun intended) day 1 instead of having 1 out of the few wolves put themselves out there like that. I highly doubt most people here play like that b/c it seems dumb to do, but idk, maybe it's just a thing people do sometimes and I wouldn't know.
also idk why you keep saying you have to look at me and belzy b/c there's a world where you are town. why can't you be town and still have the other poe. I dont get the relation
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:07 am

yeah there's no way I don't just get bussed or thrown to the wolves (no pun intended) day 1 instead of having 1 out of the few wolves put themselves out there like that. I highly doubt most people here play like that b/c it seems dumb to do, but idk, maybe it's just a thing people do sometimes and I wouldn't know.
also idk why you keep saying you have to look at me and belzy b/c there's a world where you are town. why can't you be town and still have the other poe. I dont get the relation
See my other post. I have doubts about the POE in general.

My thoughts are not concrete. I am actively trying to solve the game right now. That means considering all angles. "Considering all angles" will necessarily mean that I voice some things that are not correct. That could be this. It could be the suspicion against LP, or a new case that I haven't discovered yet. We will see.

Any world that has me as mafia is wrong and I am doing what I can to demonstrate that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:24 am I also felt that JPIC TSP and Mac treated him in a way that I would not expect from teammates.
ebwop
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

what is ebwop
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:35 amwhat is ebwop
"edit by way of post", since we're not allowed to actually edit posts in-game. Just correcting a typo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How do you read me at this instant, @Porscha?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I dunno I feel like most players except like LP and JPIC are playing with the same assumptions of sabie / dya possible, with LP, JPIC, maybe you (sloon) are in poe.

by way of understanding I see myself, belzy, falcon, and therefore also creature as confirmed town. so unless falcon and creature pull a sick 180 on us then I see us the confirmed town at this moment

I think it's good sabie didnt shoot pao. I know dya shot marmot but it's hard to read them as of recent just due to lack of posts. I feel LP comes off as legit as far as their role and how it interacted with alexa (who I also would have maybe given vest to early on in game) and it might have just been unlucky.
jpic talks townie but they are also only person without some kind of role claim to some degree and unfortunately it just looks kinda bad for them. like idk I feel like also pao could have just revealed and then saved himself from getting voted off and since mafia has *still* not souped then like idk. maybe jpic is goon with no role abilities trying to make it out before even his other teammate tbh. possible neeko is trying same thing by lying about her role and then framing that she role abilities b/c of alexa is possible.
also it's confirmed sabie was vigi nk right? or is it possible she claimed a kill that wasn't hers?
i'm trying to see who could have the most chance of having a no-power role for possible soup, but even you sloon have claimed that you could prove yourself, so unless you're lying too, then I dunno. i'm really on the fence here with the poe
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

from what I understand, only way last standing mafia can soup is if they are powerless goon right? that person would want to make it out before the other mafia assuming other mafia has role abilities. did we see a goon flip? was tsp a goon? wonder if we already flipped the 1 goon or something
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:14 am from what I understand, only way last standing mafia can soup is if they are powerless goon right? that person would want to make it out before the other mafia assuming other mafia has role abilities. did we see a goon flip? was tsp a goon? wonder if we already flipped the 1 goon or something
No. Any mafia member can soup any time except a vanilla goon. Vanilla goon can only soup if they are the last team member standing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

okay I just wrote out half an argument and realized it's literally moot and stupid nvm lmao
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:51 am How do you read me at this instant, @Porscha?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by Sloonei »

Let's just start reading mafia isos and see what comes out of it.

Marmot:
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:51 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 pm
Paopan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:47 pm I am a simple person spreading love.

Anyway,
LP talking from a 3rd person PoV seems new. I'd classified it as NAI at best.
But at this point. I don't see any AtE coming from him. So that's -1 credits coming from Paopan
Neeko wanted to try something new. Best not to read into it.
afaik, Neeko in LoL talks in 3rd person.
A nothing comment providing some background for LinearPoint's post gimmick. Okay.
... and that's it.

Dizzy:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 pm dizzy! long time no see
Hello, hi, hello, hope your world is filled with cats. ChAmPs
I think this looks like a sincere salutation between these two. This may or may not be the first time these two have played in a game together since the 2020 Champs finale. If that is the case, excitement and enthusiasm at seeing each other is reasonable. There might be a slight town lean for dya in this in that the greeting appears sincere, and they might have already seen each other behind the scenes if they were in a mafia chat together. But this point barely registers enough to warrant a mention. It is there.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 pm Hello to everyone actually tbh tbh
... but then Dizzy looks self-conscious immediately after. Hm.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:30 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:27 am
Hello Dyslexicon,

How are you doing and how motivated are you for this game?
Belzy! I’m happy that you’re playing.

And I’m not very motivated for this game, at least not until at least half of us has died. Hope we all die soon.
A slightly more substantial exchange with Belzy, in that Belzy at least asked Dizzy a somewhat relevant question. Dizzy's answer looks... like an answer, I guess. This tells me nothing.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:46 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 am But also there’s a lot of pretty hot and cute people in this game, so that helps.

I have one read and that is Guillo town. I’ll explain if that is controversial, but I don’t expect it to be.
I saw exactly one post from guillo last night and my gut was leaning towards town as well. I don't remember what that post was
He said he was gonna destroy wolves and gets things done on his own. And I kind of buy it, seems unnecessary flowery as a mafia lie.
JPIC and Dizzy trade guillo town reads. JPIC's post feels a bit superfluous, but more so in a careless, stream-of-consciousness kind of way, rather than a strained and obligatory interaction.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 am
Hello Dyslexicon,

And I’m not very motivated for this game, at least not until at least half of us has died. Hope we all die soon.
Where does the lack of motivation come from?

And thank you, I am happy too!
Too many words I don’t want to read, too many players to keep track of, knowing that it probably won’t matter what I do in the end cause I’m just one cog and lol role madness, plus I’m writing on my phone right now and I hate that lol

Doesn’t mean I can’t have fun though. SO MUCH FUN
These are strained words. See how hard Dizzy works to convey a sense of enjoyment. There is not enough here for me to offer an opinion as to the source of that strain; whether it is because Dizzy is feeling overwhelmed at being mafia in such a loud thread, or because he doesn't know how to act naturally in such a small interaction with a teammate.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:50 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:23 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:14 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:16 am I would absolutely pick wilgy hes a sleeper god wolf
That's how I feel about Belzy.
I searched my own name to fill my ego, and you are the only one who mentioned just me in a post before I started posting. And also thank @Marmot for the signing up appreciating that I am playing. I have not played Mafia in a while, but I do remember enjoying both of you two.

One of my weaknesses is playing a 20+ people game, let alone 33 people, though I only counted 32 players showing up in the Discord server, but it feels like an honour to participate in a yearly champ game. If anyone has good advice how to play day 1 in such big game... i wanna play a good town game finally again, and solve and lynch the scummies.
I agree keeping up with a game this huge is hard at first sometimes. I'm a bit out of practice as well but trying to get back into having another good game for once. I'm pretty sure no one ever would have picked me for a scum team because I haven't had a good game in a long time. Hoping to change that though.
Scum pick their own teammates this game? Is this for real?
Lolwat
:ponder: We may presume that Dizzy is feigning surprise/confusion about this mechanic here. We can make no such assumptions about Belzy. I do question whether Dizzy would choose to latch onto this post if Belzy was his teammate, though. Not impossible, but it's a micro-interaction that seems slightly less likely for some reason.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 am
Hello Dyslexicon,

Too many words I don’t want to read, too many players to keep track of, knowing that it probably won’t matter what I do in the end cause I’m just one cog and lol role madness, plus I’m writing on my phone right now and I hate that lol

I am writing on my phone too. I don't play Mafia that much on computer/laptop anymore. Fun always come first.

So what can we expect from you this game? Because I do think it matters what you do, and you don't come across townly this way.
I don’t know what you can expect from me, and I don’t think having an expectation is a great way to approach me read wise.

At least I think you are town cause I don’t see you intentionally fake derp like this. Unless you just didn’t know as mafia as well, which is possible ig. But also who cares. Please join the town core.
:ponder: This exchange was going nowhere until Dizzy blurted out a town read on Belzy. Belzy seems to make reference to something adjacent to suspicion ("you don't come across townly this way"), but I'm unsure what that is in reference to. I do not think there is enough here for me to read Belzy through this exchange, but this relationship is one that I will keep an eye on as I progress.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 am Jpic is probably ok too if I had to guess.
Does Dizzy make this post if JPIC is his teammate? It seems more or less unprompted. It comes just a few minutes after Dizzy had made this post justifying the Guillo town read to Radishes. There is exactly one post in the thread between Dizzy's Guillo post and the JPIC town read. It is this post from Belzy:
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:10 am I think there is a good chance Dyslexicon is scum this game, but I don't want to make the mistake to tunnel vision day 1. So I just will try to read more players, and because EOD is at midnight for me, I am always here at EOD and I can wait with voting until later. I have no idea if it helps to speculate who would pick who, but I always believe the best way to scum hunt is to read someone as either scummy or not scummy
It is certainly not the case that both Belzy and JPIC are Dizzy's teammates. Belzy opens this post by declaring an early suspicion on Dizzy, but then spends the rest of the post talking about things that are in no way related to that read. On the one hand, I like that Belzy called Dizzy out so early. On the other hand, I dislike that this post does not actually offer any explanation of the read. We are introduced to the idea of suspecting Dizzy, but are given no impetus to push that suspicion forward.
It is impossible to tell whether Dizzy's JPIC post was prompted in any way by Belzy's post. They came just a couple minutes apart. In a vacuum, it is a strange look no matter how you slice it. Mafia Dizzy responds to Town Master Radishes to justify a town read on Town Guillotine, then after a few moments of silence, blurts out "Hey maybe JPIC is town too." Why JPIC? Why that moment? Idk.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:18 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:17 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:13 am Belzy, you can at least call me Dizzy lol
But I am your special friend, so I... okay, I will try to go back to Dizzy. Sometimes I like to be formal.
Belzybub
This exchange is confirmed cute.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:12 am On page 16 or something

Town:
Alexa
Guillo
Sean

Marmot
Belzy
Ilario

This list could probably be longer, but these are the people I care more about.
Does Day 1 Dizzy name half of his teammates as town reads during his catch-up? I don't know. it is not impossible. NOTE that Dizzy neglects to name JPIC. I am again unsure what this means. If I have to pick a side, I would say that Dizzy is likely to be more conscious of his fake read on Mafia JPIC than Town JPIC. So JPIC being omitted from the list in this case can be seen as a good thing. But I am hardly convinced of that, and I could easily go either way on that. If it matters at all. Idk again.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:14 am Did the "LP slipped" thing ever get explained. Cause I didn't see anything. I don't think LP having weird/rigid logic is scummy for them. The way they called so many people scummy is kind of towny imo.
I have talked about this post previously. Dizzy seemed hyper aware of an alleged slip from LinearPoint on Day 1. I'll do my best to look at this progression with fresh eyes this time around.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:18 am I don't really have any scum reads, but I would straight up yeet Sloonei here. He probably doesn't want to play because he's mafia.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:18 am So I guess I do have a scum read lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:20 am We should not chop Marmot D1. He's probably town and in any case his alignment will show, and I'd rather have him around if he's town.
These are three consecutive posts. Not just in Dizzy's ISO, but in the thread as a whole. Nobody else spoke a word in the time that Dizzy made these three posts, which all came within a 2-minute window. I bring this up so that I can shout the following in all caps: DO YOU SEE THIS? ARE YOU LOOKING AT THIS? AND, AFTER LOOKING AT IT, DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I AM ON THE SAME TEAM AS DYSLEXICON AND MARMOT AT THIS MOMENT? :meany: bonus content
Anyway...
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:31 am Page 23.

Swap out Marmot with Nut in my town reads.

I've thought people outed themselves by calling me Dizzy before they knew me. Not exactly the same as the Alexa/Paopan situation, but I've never seen an actual slip like "you knew this from scum chat" before I think. Alexa very town for thinking this though. No read on Paopan.
Just highlighting this post to emphasize a point about how Dizzy is interacting with known teammates here. Dizzy has (previously) defended Marmot, but appears to be backing off of that slightly at this point. Lacking the full context, but I would assume that the Marmot suspicion is growing at this point. More importantly, Dizzy introduces a new "very town" read on Alexa here. And Dizzy has also previously voiced support of Mac's soft push on me. So that's 3 teammates who Dizzy has, at one time or another, voiced support of in some form. 2 of them have been outright town reads. Dizzy does not look inclined to drive a bus over anyone at this stage. May be a bad look for JPIC. Potentially also Belzy.

End of Page 1, so I'm gonna hit submit and continue.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:10 am Also I've realized that falcon is 100% confirmed town.
What made you lock that read in?

I'd like more dialogue w/ you about the specifics of my wagon breakdown...in particular, who of the 4 from Guillos wagon is Maf? What's your take on my take away from that NF?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:10 am Also I've realized that falcon is 100% confirmed town.

I'd like more dialogue w/ you about the specifics of my wagon breakdown...in particular, who of the 4 from Guillos wagon is Maf? What's your take on my take away from that NF?
You targeted Master Radishes Night 1. If non-town targeted him Night 1, he would have received a second day vig shot.

I have not looked at any wagons or read any of your analysis on them. I'm currently still in the middle of ISOing Dizzy, but I can take a moment to look at something else. What does NF mean?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Getting Dizzier:
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:12 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 am I do kinda want to force everyone to choose recruits and think about it honestly
What's your interest in this?
First time acknowledging TSP in the game. Just noting it because TSP is the last of the flipped wolves that Dizzy has interacted with. It is a generic question to weird TSP shenanigans.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:15 pm
dyachei wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:12 pm can someone tell my why linearpoint is outed?
I've been wondering about this for a while too.
Is it possible all three of the names in this exchange are mafia? Yes! Likely? I dunno. Dizzy has "been wondering about this for a while" but has pressed absolutely nobody to talk about it and done zero work to find out the truth despite having allegedly almost read the whole game. Noted.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:24 pm Town:
Alexa
Ilario
Belzy
Guillo
Sean
Nutella
Alison
(think she cares about the game in a town way)
Paopan (don't know them, but surface level this just seems like town)

Jpic and Radish also seem ok.
Decided to color ilario green this time because, from Dizzy's perspective, he is not mafia. Also because ilario is honorary town for catching alexa. Both Belzy and JPIC are named here , so :shrug: I remember previously expressing confusion about JPIC and Radishes being listed separately from everyone else. Still confused.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:28 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:26 pmWhat do you think of Marmot and Seanzie?
I think Sean is town for raisins, and Marmot is underwhelming with a yikes post that Nutella pointed out earlier.
Belzy asks a question and Dizzy gives an answer. Noted. Marmot is underwhelming now. So there's a bus. It's a pretty slick move if Mafia Belzy asks Mafia Dizzy to give a read on Mafia Marmot like this. Not impossible, but it's a small micro interaction that I kinda like for Belzy.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:29 pm I see town potential in LP, and I'd really like to know what Urist and Mac are seeing there as "outed".
This is either Dizzy sticking up for a teammate or trying to dig up suspicion against a low hanging fruit. Considering how limply Dizzy has pursued this angle, and the alleged "town potential", I am inclined to say that this is a bad look for LinearPoint. I do not get the sense that Dizzy actually wants to be told that LinearPoint has slipped. Intead, it looks like Dizzy wants to talk about LinearPoint so that the "slip" can be argued away.
[
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:35 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:32 pmIf we throw a coinflip which two names would you use for that coinflip deciding today's lynch ... gth
Belzy and Belzybub
Probably Scotty and Sabie
quote=Dyslexicon post_id=891840 time=1643477787 user_id=499]
@sabie12 Do you have any reads or takes thus far?
[/quote]
There is a sabie mention in the spoiler of the first post. Together, these two posts are Dizzy's first acknowledgments of sabie's presence in this game. Given Dizzy's propensity toward not bussing thus far, I am inclined to call this a good look for sabie.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:43 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:40 pmThat was funny. Mine would be Dizzy and Dyslexicon then.

Or perhaps you and Axhole for real.

Scotty and Sabie are underwhelming. Why them compared to others?
Well, I did use to work as a comedian. Which I don't recommend to anyone.

I haven't seen them be topics much, and I haven't seen them be towny, so there would be a good chance there's scum there.
As for more "interesting flips" I'd say Marmot/Ender.
Also, the question is kind of meh in the first place. It's not even half way into D1 and a lot might change still.
I am starting to feel as though the Dizzy/Belzy dynamic is a good look for Belzy. Belzy is constantly the aggressor in these exchanges, and Dizzy's responses feel a bit guarded and safe. If they are partners, their tones are way out of sync in all of their interactions. I would be impressed if that is an act.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:45 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:43 pmWhat if i said im side eyeing radishes rn
I'd be interested to hear why. I don't really feel strongly about him. I mean, I do, but not alignment wise.
:ponder: JPIC expressed skepticism of our Radishy friend, Dizzy makes jokes and goads him along.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:54 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:46 pmI am more interested than just you listing some town reads, as I wonder who are your least towniest reads. Would you rather give Marmot a free pass today or pressure there?
I think it's fair to pressure Marmot. And I think he'd be a less than ideal chop if he is town here. And I think that that will be solvable in time. I'm not going to give you whatever hard commitment you want here. I want my reads to be decent, and I want to work together with other town. At the same time, I don't care all that much who gets chopped today, at least right now.
Aight Belzy might just be town then.

Hold on, let's go see what Falcon is asking me about now. Hitting submit so we can all see where I'm at currently. It's important.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:17 am Let's just start reading mafia isos and see what comes out of it.

Marmot:
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:51 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 pm
Paopan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:47 pm I am a simple person spreading love.

Anyway,
LP talking from a 3rd person PoV seems new. I'd classified it as NAI at best.
But at this point. I don't see any AtE coming from him. So that's -1 credits coming from Paopan
Neeko wanted to try something new. Best not to read into it.
afaik, Neeko in LoL talks in 3rd person.
A nothing comment providing some background for LinearPoint's post gimmick. Okay.
... and that's it.

Dizzy:
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 pm dizzy! long time no see
Hello, hi, hello, hope your world is filled with cats. ChAmPs
I think this looks like a sincere salutation between these two. This may or may not be the first time these two have played in a game together since the 2020 Champs finale. If that is the case, excitement and enthusiasm at seeing each other is reasonable. There might be a slight town lean for dya in this in that the greeting appears sincere, and they might have already seen each other behind the scenes if they were in a mafia chat together. But this point barely registers enough to warrant a mention. It is there.
... but then Dizzy looks self-conscious immediately after. Hm.

Hello Dyslexicon,

A slightly more substantial exchange with Belzy, in that Belzy at least asked Dizzy a somewhat relevant question. Dizzy's answer looks... like an answer, I guess. This tells me nothing.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:46 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:40 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 am But also there’s a lot of pretty hot and cute people in this game, so that helps.

I have one read and that is Guillo town. I’ll explain if that is controversial, but I don’t expect it to be.
I saw exactly one post from guillo last night and my gut was leaning towards town as well. I don't remember what that post was
He said he was gonna destroy wolves and gets things done on his own. And I kind of buy it, seems unnecessary flowery as a mafia lie.
JPIC and Dizzy trade guillo town reads. JPIC's post feels a bit superfluous, but more so in a careless, stream-of-consciousness kind of way, rather than a strained and obligatory interaction.
Hello Dyslexicon,

These are strained words. See how hard Dizzy works to convey a sense of enjoyment. There is not enough here for me to offer an opinion as to the source of that strain; whether it is because Dizzy is feeling overwhelmed at being mafia in such a loud thread, or because he doesn't know how to act naturally in such a small interaction with a teammate.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:50 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 am
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:45 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:23 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:14 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:16 am I would absolutely pick wilgy hes a sleeper god wolf
That's how I feel about Belzy.
I searched my own name to fill my ego, and you are the only one who mentioned just me in a post before I started posting. And also thank @Marmot for the signing up appreciating that I am playing. I have not played Mafia in a while, but I do remember enjoying both of you two.

One of my weaknesses is playing a 20+ people game, let alone 33 people, though I only counted 32 players showing up in the Discord server, but it feels like an honour to participate in a yearly champ game. If anyone has good advice how to play day 1 in such big game... i wanna play a good town game finally again, and solve and lynch the scummies.
I agree keeping up with a game this huge is hard at first sometimes. I'm a bit out of practice as well but trying to get back into having another good game for once. I'm pretty sure no one ever would have picked me for a scum team because I haven't had a good game in a long time. Hoping to change that though.
Scum pick their own teammates this game? Is this for real?
Lolwat
:ponder: We may presume that Dizzy is feigning surprise/confusion about this mechanic here. We can make no such assumptions about Belzy. I do question whether Dizzy would choose to latch onto this post if Belzy was his teammate, though. Not impossible, but it's a micro-interaction that seems slightly less likely for some reason.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:03 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:52 am

Hello Dyslexicon,

I am writing on my phone too. I don't play Mafia that much on computer/laptop anymore. Fun always come first.

So what can we expect from you this game? Because I do think it matters what you do, and you don't come across townly this way.
I don’t know what you can expect from me, and I don’t think having an expectation is a great way to approach me read wise.

At least I think you are town cause I don’t see you intentionally fake derp like this. Unless you just didn’t know as mafia as well, which is possible ig. But also who cares. Please join the town core.
:ponder: This exchange was going nowhere until Dizzy blurted out a town read on Belzy. Belzy seems to make reference to something adjacent to suspicion ("you don't come across townly this way"), but I'm unsure what that is in reference to. I do not think there is enough here for me to read Belzy through this exchange, but this relationship is one that I will keep an eye on as I progress.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 am Jpic is probably ok too if I had to guess.
Does Dizzy make this post if JPIC is his teammate? It seems more or less unprompted. It comes just a few minutes after Dizzy had made this post justifying the Guillo town read to Radishes. There is exactly one post in the thread between Dizzy's Guillo post and the JPIC town read. It is this post from Belzy:
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:10 am I think there is a good chance Dyslexicon is scum this game, but I don't want to make the mistake to tunnel vision day 1. So I just will try to read more players, and because EOD is at midnight for me, I am always here at EOD and I can wait with voting until later. I have no idea if it helps to speculate who would pick who, but I always believe the best way to scum hunt is to read someone as either scummy or not scummy
It is certainly not the case that both Belzy and JPIC are Dizzy's teammates. Belzy opens this post by declaring an early suspicion on Dizzy, but then spends the rest of the post talking about things that are in no way related to that read. On the one hand, I like that Belzy called Dizzy out so early. On the other hand, I dislike that this post does not actually offer any explanation of the read. We are introduced to the idea of suspecting Dizzy, but are given no impetus to push that suspicion forward.
It is impossible to tell whether Dizzy's JPIC post was prompted in any way by Belzy's post. They came just a couple minutes apart. In a vacuum, it is a strange look no matter how you slice it. Mafia Dizzy responds to Town Master Radishes to justify a town read on Town Guillotine, then after a few moments of silence, blurts out "Hey maybe JPIC is town too." Why JPIC? Why that moment? Idk.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:18 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:17 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:13 am Belzy, you can at least call me Dizzy lol
But I am your special friend, so I... okay, I will try to go back to Dizzy. Sometimes I like to be formal.
Belzybub
This exchange is confirmed cute.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:12 am On page 16 or something

Town:
Alexa
Guillo
Sean

Marmot
Belzy
Ilario

This list could probably be longer, but these are the people I care more about.
Does Day 1 Dizzy name half of his teammates as town reads during his catch-up? I don't know. it is not impossible. NOTE that Dizzy neglects to name JPIC. I am again unsure what this means. If I have to pick a side, I would say that Dizzy is likely to be more conscious of his fake read on Mafia JPIC than Town JPIC. So JPIC being omitted from the list in this case can be seen as a good thing. But I am hardly convinced of that, and I could easily go either way on that. If it matters at all. Idk again.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:14 am Did the "LP slipped" thing ever get explained. Cause I didn't see anything. I don't think LP having weird/rigid logic is scummy for them. The way they called so many people scummy is kind of towny imo.
I have talked about this post previously. Dizzy seemed hyper aware of an alleged slip from LinearPoint on Day 1. I'll do my best to look at this progression with fresh eyes this time around.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:18 am I don't really have any scum reads, but I would straight up yeet Sloonei here. He probably doesn't want to play because he's mafia.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:18 am So I guess I do have a scum read lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:20 am We should not chop Marmot D1. He's probably town and in any case his alignment will show, and I'd rather have him around if he's town.
These are three consecutive posts. Not just in Dizzy's ISO, but in the thread as a whole. Nobody else spoke a word in the time that Dizzy made these three posts, which all came within a 2-minute window. I bring this up so that I can shout the following in all caps: DO YOU SEE THIS? ARE YOU LOOKING AT THIS? AND, AFTER LOOKING AT IT, DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT I AM ON THE SAME TEAM AS DYSLEXICON AND MARMOT AT THIS MOMENT? :meany: bonus content
Anyway...
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:31 am Page 23.

Swap out Marmot with Nut in my town reads.

I've thought people outed themselves by calling me Dizzy before they knew me. Not exactly the same as the Alexa/Paopan situation, but I've never seen an actual slip like "you knew this from scum chat" before I think. Alexa very town for thinking this though. No read on Paopan.
Just highlighting this post to emphasize a point about how Dizzy is interacting with known teammates here. Dizzy has (previously) defended Marmot, but appears to be backing off of that slightly at this point. Lacking the full context, but I would assume that the Marmot suspicion is growing at this point. More importantly, Dizzy introduces a new "very town" read on Alexa here. And Dizzy has also previously voiced support of Mac's soft push on me. So that's 3 teammates who Dizzy has, at one time or another, voiced support of in some form. 2 of them have been outright town reads. Dizzy does not look inclined to drive a bus over anyone at this stage. May be a bad look for JPIC. Potentially also Belzy.

End of Page 1, so I'm gonna hit submit and continue.
Dude...I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna wade through this novella.

What are your big takeaways. Let's say...200 words or less if ya please
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2a

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:04 pm Guillotine (9): 112, Creature, Sloonei, dyachei, Justplayingitcool, LinearPoint,
At this exact moment, I would point to LinearPoint and JPIC. But that is based on a page and a half of Dizzy's ISO being fresh in my mind, in which nothing conclusive is offered on either of them. But the only other option here is dya, and I feel better about them than the other two.

I am unsure what more I can be expected to say here. My votes on this day were not good. At most we had two wolves available to us this day. I suspect we only had one. Other than hollowkatt, my votes were all based on vague impressions I had about the direction of the thread. I did not read most of Day 1 and was playing Day 2 as though it were my Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:44 am Dude...I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna wade through this novella.

What are your big takeaways. Let's say...200 words or less if ya please
Belzy probably town, LP maybe scum. JPIC kinda the next suspect by default.

I do not expect people to read all of those words. The big posts exist for my own sake and I'm happy to condense them for anyone who asks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Although the point about me clearly not being teamed with Dizzy should probably be read there. :meany:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The Dizzy Saga: Part III
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:50 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:49 pm
dyachei wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:41 pmyou're welcome
GOAT
Oh, dya. Nice job
Dya shoots Marmot. Dizzy pats Dya on the back. If I stare through the computer screen and try to gaze into Dizzy's soul, I sense honest disappointment and frustration in that "Nice job". Dizzy is positively SEETHING, can't you tell? Maybe. I dunno. Tentatively calling it a good look for dya. In addition to the much greater Good Luck that comes with, you know, blasting a mafioso on Day 1.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 pm I'm probably not going to catch up tonight, but I have a few things I want to say.

@Belzy I wasn't originally going to say anything, because I'm trying to be all cool lately. But I need to. You do realise that your read on me is entirely meme tier? I can not think of one single game where you don't scum read me first thing D1. I don't think you have mal intent here, but you seem to be operating with expectations of my play that are from 7 years ago. Please just consider this, and please spend time not only focusing on me.

Belzy
Sean
Guillo
Alexa

^These are the town reads I care the most about.

Sean cares about his own thoughts and suspicions and follows them up, and he's also doing classic town!Sean things in response to people either town reading him and accusing him.
Guillo has had many posts I found towny from him. Both Sean and Guillo are showing their paranoid town play styles imo. I think I'm pretty good at reading both of them actually.
Alexa is town for how she went about her role check on Nut. I also think that she wouldn't have a role check as mafia when that is how mafia makes the soup kill tbh, but that is kind of besides the point. Her posts are kind of "messy" in a way I find they are as town, while they are more deliberate as scum. I've also been pretty good at reading Alexa.

There's a bunch of players I town read to a lighter degree or even a pretty solid degree, probably too many, but the aforementioned are the ones I feel I have a better handle on reading.

In any case, I feel the game is in a pretty ok spot consensus-wise.

I have some concerns about Mac. Feels like he's not really landing any of his thoughts, and they seem to be a bit all over the place, which I find scummy for him.
I'm also suspicious of Scotty, feel like his posts are just awkward, trying to chime in but not really going anywhere.
Sabie is meh.

I think these are the things I've been thinking about the most.
More palpable frustration from Dizzy, this time directed at Belzy. Cool. Belzy town, sorry for entertaining doubts.
The bottommost section of this post introduces a bit of Suspect Salad, comprised of Mac, Scotty, and sabie. I don't think sabie names two suspects in a three-player pool. One feels like the right number. Soft good look for sabie.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:22 pm All these vigs in the world. If I had a vig shot I'd shoot Scotty or Mac. But also, don't listen to me. What I really would've done is just give the shot to Dya because Dya GOAT.
Laying it on too thick to be dya's teammate. Also noting that Dizzy is coming out more aggressively against macyo here. Distancing, but not quite rising to the level of "bussing" yet.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:10 pm Alright, if I'm shot by a town gg gl, no hard feelings. Gotta sleep.

Dya
Alexa
Belzy
Sean
Guillo
Alison

Nut
Ilario

Jpic
MR

^towns.
I think this list is long enough to contain multiple teammates. From most to least town: Belzy > dya > Jpic
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:27 am Mac might be town though. You heard it here not first.
*pretend shock face*
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:39 pm I got nothing out of reading Sabie's iso. I think I'm just done for a while and will break. I have visitors soon as well, but I'll be back before EoD.
Coooool. Without looking at sabie's ISO to confirm whether or not there is anything there RE: Marmot, I do not like this. I didn't like it earlier either. Dizzy has previously expressed the idea of suspicion toward sabie. Why pass up on a great opportunity to shade her here?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:57 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:41 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:40 pmWhy Ender?
It would be very cool if you could read my posts, even though you're so very good at reading me and sure I'm scum.
I opened the door to have a live conversation about your Ender case, and you immediately closed that door. You could have said you already made your case, but you prefer in a 3k posts game to zing me whenever I as an ADD case don't instance remember every little detail.
Please get some perspective. I am not the one closing the door on you. I will not feel bad for you. I literally need to go now. Good luck with your solving in the meantime. Would love to hear what you think of Ender.
These two are not teammates.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:47 pm Ender, Wilgy, LP all acceptable chops on the top of my head.
:salad:
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:36 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:35 pm whats the case on porscha?
c4 had stuff in his iso hold on
This exists. It tells me very little about dya. But...
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:40 pm I voted Porscha before it was cool.
... this tells me that Porscha is ALSO not Dizzy's teammate. Fancy that.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:45 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:44 pm Going back to my actual guts

[VOTE: Ender] aubergine
sell me
Read the first part of his iso and scan for the energy in it. If you have the time. Also his answer to me about me having a funeral for my emotion reading or whatever, that's maybe personal to me but it hit really weird.
Here is an interaction with Jpic that exists.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:10 pm 112
Creature
DrWilgy

hollowkatt
LinearPoint
sabie12
sig
TonyStarkPrime

Boom. If there's not wolf in here I quit mafia forever. Probably.
I believe these are Dizzy's initial 8 votes on the chaos day. Noted x8. I would not be surprised if there are 2 teammates here.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:14 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:13 pm Radishes is freaking me out ngl
I had the same feeling. That analysis.
I can once again confirm that this JPIC interaction exists.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:24 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:22 pmIn his scum game, I seem to recall him pushing a much harder agenda and was a lot stiffer in how he interacted. In the town game I have seen, he just seems detached from everything and that reminds me a little bit of that. It's mainly meta which isn't strong.

Only scummy thing I remember was the marmot interaction I had with him
Alright. I don't really have a strong feeling either way. I actually think I liked part of his iso, or rather, I liked some posts particularly that seemed like town and not mafia would say, which should way heavier, so you might be right. I don't like him repeating a scum read on me when I'm pretty sure he doesn't know my play very well, as I don't know his. That seems "agenda-y", though I kind of hate that word.
Creature is the "he" in these two posts. There continues to be absolutely nothing of interest between Dizzy and JPIC, but they are talking to each other quite a bit.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:47 pm [VOTE: 112 Wilgy Paopan TSP Sabie Sig] aubergine

Suddenly I have votes to spare but that's ok
New votes. Paopan added. Creature, hollowkatt, linearpoint removed. Creature unvote is justified by posts. Hollowkatt and LinearPoint have not been mentioned once, unless I missed something, in Dizzy's ISO in the time between his two vote posts.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:51 pm People I should iso/get clearer on so that I might feel forced to do it: MR, Sig, Sabie, HK, Falcon
Four confirmed towns + sabie. Okay.

---------------------------------------------------
Thus concludes the Dizzy saga.
Condensed thoughts on the remaining uncomfirmed players:

Belzy is town. Dizzy gets visible frustrated with Belzy's constant suspicion at multiple points, and Belzy never relents. If they are teammates, this is absolutely masterful distancing. Their tones are way out of sync and they both look completely authentic.
And, of course, if Belzy is town then so is Porscha. Dizzy also hopped on the Porscha wagon Day 1, which is a point in her favor independent of Belzy.
Dya looks slightly good for Dizzy's reaction to marmot's death. It does not look like Dizzy expected it to happen and I could sense some deflation when it happened.
A few question marks surrounding each of sabie and JPIC. More so JPIC because Dizzy talks at him several times, but the two of them never have anything of substance to say to or about the other.
LinearPoint looks like a partner that Dizzy can't justify a town read, but also does not want to push hard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's 2:30 AM so I'm not about to dive into mac/tsp/alexa ISOs right now. But Dizzy's ISO just brought me right back to where I started today. [VOTE: linearpoint] aubergine again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

for the record sloonei I read all of your word salads and I think it was good analysis
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I am glad that dizzy hopping on my vote wagon could clear me as town because I swear to god I cannot do it with my words. glad you came around on belzy too. the interactions were wild
I also think jpic / lp are likely at LEAST one wolf if not both
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:51 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 am
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:38 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:34 am Anyway, I'm going to start to look at Marmot connections, cause I don't think anyone did that yet
Tbh several people have done that but it's not like I'd expect you to dig through game this size. The main thing that I've arrived at as a result of the Marmot flip is believing that there are 2 triumvirates that maybe contain a wolf in them. That being the people voting for Scotty (a confirmed town), and the people who were voting Paopan with the latter predicated on Paopan being town themselves. Given Paopan isn't flipped I am preferring to dig into the Scotty voters whomst are you, Creature and Master Radishes. Creature has been handling me in good faith and hasn't really pinged me while you and Radishes have not only had shit reads on me you've had shit reads on me, you've also both been lacking in general. Though to Radishes credit I can see the wheels turning whereas with you, right now, you're resorting to some weird defeated general butthurt ate thing that I don't vibe with at all.
I actually haven't even made my mind up about you. I've felt that you haven't really landed anything coupled with Alison's concerns from earlier. Maybe you have landed things now on me/MR. Which I don't think is good. Admittedly I haven't payed too much attention to MR. But like ok.

Do you think there was no mafia who voted Marmot when he died?
Do you think it's meaningful where people voted, and how?
I think there is a chance mafia was voting Marmot but it's not as big of a chance as one of the mafia voting town Scotty who looked like a viable mischop counterwagon to Marmot.

Are you seriously asking me if I think where people vote and how is meaningful? Like what is the implication here? Of course I fucking do. And so do you because you were about to go searching for my reasoning for voting Marmot? What is this question?
So not sure if anyone ever looked back at this when I brought it up before, but I thought it might be worth noting that this is how mac and dizzy interacted as teammates. On the surface it doesn't seem like teammate interaction but now we know this was all obviously fabricated.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:31 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 pm Rolecop is just not a Town role people. Alexa basically claiming Mafia.
i never claimed rolecop and why TF would i out like that?
not w/w
Looking through Phil and Gloria iso which is a lot but this interaction would be funny in fact all 3 were mafia
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2

Post by sabie12 »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:07 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:06 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:05 pm Current top 10:

112 (7)
c4e5g3d5 (7)
DrWilgy (11)
hollowkatt (8)
LinearPoint (7)
Paopan (7)
Phil and Gloria (7)
sabie12 (11)
sig (11)
TonyStarkPrime (9)
Probably only not a fan of lynching c4e5g3d5, hollowkatt, LinearPoint and Phil&Gloria
what exactly is the issue with flipping linearpoint's ass?
There were quite a few interactions with macyo and LP and this post came very soon before that bus gif of mac bussing teammates.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:23 am jpic has seemed fine to me mostly and he's usually an ez read
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am I don't think that's how Creature treats teammates. It's too uncharitable.
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:50 am
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:33 pm Do we just lynch Marmot?
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:35 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:34 pm
sell me
idk

Thought they seemed wolfy and Mac is voting them
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:37 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:36 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:35 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:34 pm
sell me
idk

Thought they seemed wolfy and Mac is voting them
what do you find wolfy about them
Very unimpressive for Marmot standards
These are posts
yes probably town
I apologize I'm phone posting so this is not all the examples but macyo, at least to the point I read, was townreading jpic and creature quite a bit and defending them. Then he voted to supposedly save jpic from being in the poll. This seems a little different than the dynamic with LP and dizzy but then later on mac and creature had that interaction before eod where everyone was suspecting mac.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:34 am
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:30 am

You targeted Master Radishes Night 1. If non-town targeted him Night 1, he would have received a second day vig shot.

I have not looked at any wagons or read any of your analysis on them. I'm currently still in the middle of ISOing Dizzy, but I can take a moment to look at something else. What does NF mean?
I had been unsure because the claim on the Phil and Gloria shot seemed weirdly delayed but yeah this is a good point that MR would have received a second shot. Only way that wouldn't have happened is if falcon didn't ever actually check MR and just said they were town. I thought about falcon and it seemed like it wouldn't have made sense to fake a red on tsp so early in the day when they could have potentially tried for a town mischop.
~Darren Shan~
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Porscha wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:12 am I dunno I feel like most players except like LP and JPIC are playing with the same assumptions of sabie / dya possible, with LP, JPIC, maybe you (sloon) are in poe.

by way of understanding I see myself, belzy, falcon, and therefore also creature as confirmed town. so unless falcon and creature pull a sick 180 on us then I see us the confirmed town at this moment

I think it's good sabie didnt shoot pao. I know dya shot marmot but it's hard to read them as of recent just due to lack of posts. I feel LP comes off as legit as far as their role and how it interacted with alexa (who I also would have maybe given vest to early on in game) and it might have just been unlucky.
jpic talks townie but they are also only person without some kind of role claim to some degree and unfortunately it just looks kinda bad for them. like idk I feel like also pao could have just revealed and then saved himself from getting voted off and since mafia has *still* not souped then like idk. maybe jpic is goon with no role abilities trying to make it out before even his other teammate tbh. possible neeko is trying same thing by lying about her role and then framing that she role abilities b/c of alexa is possible.
also it's confirmed sabie was vigi nk right? or is it possible she claimed a kill that wasn't hers?
i'm trying to see who could have the most chance of having a no-power role for possible soup, but even you sloon have claimed that you could prove yourself, so unless you're lying too, then I dunno. i'm really on the fence here with the poe
Im a wolf because I haven’t claimed?

I have hinted at my role, and have provided some mech info from it
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei i will read your walls once i have recovered from hangover
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D3

Post by sabie12 »

LinearPoint wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:50 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:43 pm
Phil and Gloria wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:23 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:21 pm
Phil and Gloria wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 pm
Phil and Gloria wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:01 pm

Linearpoint, Creature, Ilario, Alexa

This is my solve.

React
so LP would have to be lying about giving alexa vest and alexa would have to lie about it popping while ilario harrasses alexa all game . idk
ilario 100% would do exactly that with alexa otherwise it would be obvious they are teammates because ilario as town always does that to mafia alexa
You're theory is all kinds of wack.
It'd have to be that Alexa was Mafia Bulletproof and ilario coach Neeko to fake claim giving a vest to Alexa.
And why does Creature then show up in the solve? It just feels randomly tacked on.
How are you even still alive when you scumslipped d1 and both players who caught you were night killed?
sorry to inconvenience you mac especially if it got posted further down where I haven't read yet, but could you post the slip from LP and who caught it? (no need to respond if you already did - I'll catch up)
He thinks neeko had made a false slip with not knowing what soup kill did because she missed that part of the OP or it was edited later.
Nutella said that she also thinks she didn't see soup initially so pretty sure it was edited after Neeko read it.
Neeko did read the thread as soon as it was posted since she was on, so it's probable that's what happened.
Hmmmm Alexa did end up being mafia bulletproof. The more I read LPs ISO the more I feel like it could be them. As sloonei said though I'm not sure about who the remaining teammate would be. [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:54 am Sloonei i will read your walls once i have recovered from hangover
It's really not that important. You can if you want to, but I don't write those posts because I think people need to read them. I do it for my own sake and so that I can reference back to it in later conversations.

The key point with regards to you is that I felt your interactions with Dizzy were all very hollow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 637
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

The work Sloonei is putting in gives me a pause on reading them. Lp is a good lynch today, but then the final one is still something my mind is doubting.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Belzy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:23 pm The work Sloonei is putting in gives me a pause on reading them. Lp is a good lynch today, but then the final one is still something my mind is doubting.
I am currently trying to find reasons why it can't be JPIC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:25 pm
Belzy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:23 pm The work Sloonei is putting in gives me a pause on reading them. Lp is a good lynch today, but then the final one is still something my mind is doubting.
I started off this day with LP+JPIC, and then LP+Sloonei.

JPIC looked good for their vote on TSP, but maybe worth to look into the context.

Dya, I still give them toen credits for the Marmot kill, but that is potentially dangerous to do.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Belzy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:25 pm
I started off this day with LP+JPIC, and then LP+Sloonei.

JPIC looked good for their vote on TSP, but maybe worth to look into the context.

Dya, I still give them toen credits for the Marmot kill, but that is potentially dangerous to do.
I have been reading JPIC's ISO but not commenting on it. I was surprised at how underwhelming his TSP interactions were this time around. Granted, I am reading him through the lens of him being mafia right now.
He consistently suggests that TSP is a suspect, but never makes a real push on him or engages in any meaningful discussion around him. It has plenty of distancing potential.

The TSP interactions are what I initially gave him a town-read for, but I no longer feel that is warranted. None of his interactions with the other flipped wolves are inspiring either. The same can be said of his interactions with LinearPoint.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also did not like JPIC's reaction to ilario's claim. It felt exaggerated. He was one of the most vocal opponents to the notion of "trusting a 3p." But, as I was arguing at the time, we were not being asked to trust a 3p. ilario poisoned alexa, then presented his argument for doing so, then told us he was 3p. All actions had already been set in motion by the time the claim came out. Jpic's resistance to ilario feels now like a sort of smoke screen to keep us from diving too deeply into the "Alexa is mafia" worldview that day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:38 pm I also did not like JPIC's reaction to ilario's claim. It felt exaggerated. He was one of the most vocal opponents to the notion of "trusting a 3p." But, as I was arguing at the time, we were not being asked to trust a 3p. ilario poisoned alexa, then presented his argument for doing so, then told us he was 3p. All actions had already been set in motion by the time the claim came out. Jpic's resistance to ilario feels now like a sort of smoke screen to keep us from diving too deeply into the "Alexa is mafia" worldview that day.
Context matters.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:38 pm I also did not like JPIC's reaction to ilario's claim. It felt exaggerated. He was one of the most vocal opponents to the notion of "trusting a 3p." But, as I was arguing at the time, we were not being asked to trust a 3p. ilario poisoned alexa, then presented his argument for doing so, then told us he was 3p. All actions had already been set in motion by the time the claim came out. Jpic's resistance to ilario feels now like a sort of smoke screen to keep us from diving too deeply into the "Alexa is mafia" worldview that day.
Context matters.
Yes, I believe that was part of my argument at the time as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

What if alexa had flipped town (as that was what I was expecting to happen) and ilario was still around. We just blindly allow a 3p running amok in the game
Belzy
Money Launderer

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D3

Post by Belzy »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:43 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:42 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:24 pm [VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine

falcon mvp
This feels a bit pockety.

Or am I being paranoid?
You are paranoid
Qfr

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”