Total votes: 7
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Kid's Birthday Party Mafia Day 1

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:53 am The rand for wolf is 18.2%

Too low atp to waste an Elim on a null slot.

Find someone scummier.
But she isn't null.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 167
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I had to look up what game we played and

Ugh
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I don't remember anything from it tbh
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:

I remember being AtEd out of a (correct) Michelle volume tell scumread (never again) and losing because we slept at f4 cause someone misread the setup
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

lmao that doesn't sound great
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:

The flavor was funny and there were lots of old jokes so that was good

The actual game

Very meh lol
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

seems I did pretty badly that game

No wonder I praised your play then wowee
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm A few things I wanna say before we get started for those of you who don’t know. Champs, particularly in qualifiers is incredibly scumsided. The current stats are 54 wolf wins to 19 town wins for qualifiers. Not only that but from what I know there has only ever been one town sweep in qualifier game for champs, and my goal is for us to be the second . Few things I’ve picked up from that game and previous champs games this year that I think might be important for us to incorporate and areas where I picked up previous towns went wrong

-This point may already be obvious to some but : the most important thing you can do as a villager is make yourself an obvious villager. The last town that swept was led by Jjj/spf and they encouraged a playstyle that focussed heavily on finding other townies first before hunting for wolves and the best way to facilitate that is by making yourself an obvious townie and taking yourself out of the miselimination pool and working with open communication to find other townies. Champs by nature encourages a glory hunting playstyle where people want to be the one who catches wolves before everyone and be the one to bury wolves but the most successful towns have always been the ones that focussed more on working with each other and finding other townies before trying to bury wolves. If we can all do our part to raise the bar of towniness wolves will eventually out themselves and either be forced to push obvious townies and further out themselves, bus each other or just give up and lolcat.

- if the game starts too feel too easy it probably means there’s something wrong. The stats don’t lie, this is favored for wolves which means it’s not supposed to be easy for us. People often go for the easiest/least accountable votes on d1 but keep in mind wolves have teammates and I’ve rarely seen wolves bus hard d1 in champs. So if the entire lobby is dogpiling on one or two slots d1 don’t get complacent because we could be way off.
lucy posted this in Halvøsen Ridge Mafia on Day 0. Her behavior this game is a complete departure from the second point in this one.

@lucy why is this different?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

More context. lucy was town in Halvøsen Ridge.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Alison

Post by Alison »

It is a mystery. We will never find out because her play is totally and completely NAI. I guess we just have to give her more time to become obvtown on D2!
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am wavering on whether or not to give Marmot town points for going back to check Lucy's meta. On one hand I feel like I am giving a very skilled wolf points for something so easy to fake. On the other hand... if Marmot is wolves with Lucy he doesn't need to do this, and if he's wolf against Lucy town he also doesn't need to do this, he can let me and Esooa do the dirty work.

I kinda think it represents Marmot's authentic attempt to dig into Lucy's meta claims. I will give him town points.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 333
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

(marmot you can read all of lucy games to see she never follows that and she's been town for most of those games)

(idk why I'm trying to save Lucy)

(i think it's partially from the guilt of taking advantage of miseliming her last game)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 224

Post by DrWilgy »

MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:42 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:12 pm
MissSparkles wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:05 pm im slightly upset than that marmot is wasting his vote on me rn rather than voting Alison, i found it odd he isnt, maybe he doesnt want too eliminate a possible pairing early aka him and alison early on as scum which would be smart and kinda explains the vote on me more.
This is actually why im voting you lol, expressing sadness to get others to do a thing you want them to do.

You did the same thing when you expressed sadness to falcon because he hasn't changed his pfp.

You also did it when you used sad panda emotes to get nook to work with you

It's a form of AtE that is perfectly acceptable, but imo manipulative.
When is a manipulative Sparkles just and only a scum Sparkles, when youre good at the manipulation game dont you think id use it as both alignments, have you never seen me manipulate as town before really, its my claim to fame.

Votine me over Alison for this in your POV doesnèt feel very kosher, maybe im onto something.

[VOTE: Marmy] aubergine
This doesn't make sense to me.

AtE in the method that Marmot detailed seems like it would be AI and would warrant Marmot's suspicion. None of the examples provided at least are using AtE in a means that would tie you to another player or indicate solving.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:16 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 pm why did u vote me @JaggedJimmyJay
You strike me as someone more likely than the average bear to respond readably to a random vote. I'm not sure that has borne fruit though.
The question is, do I feel the same about your response to my (seemingly) random vote on you?

No, I do not.

I think there's an above average chance your scum this game. Let's call it a 68% chance
idk my guy, maybe I'm missing it as I can never read Jay D1 effectively, but what about the Sabi/Jay interactions leads you to your slightly above shitpost percent suspicion?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Why am I connected with jjj? His reasoning on me was incorrect
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:45 pm To expand a little on some of my prior Alison commentary:

I think that she must be interpreted for motivation (at least before results-based assessment via flips can provide additional insight), because her principled strategies and application of her views of logic to the game are going to be consistent and generally unrevealing. For her to turn the day into a combative thunderdomy mess, ham-fisting the "murder falcon" narrative wouldn't be especially productive on its own power unless falcon is exactly mafia; indeed, it'd even remind me of Halvosen Ridge Day 1 between her and Rondo (both mafia).

Alison's handling of this incident was considerably more nuanced and more balanced, in that she seemed to understand and intend the greater function of her attacks -- to turn the game thread into something pro-town regardless of falcon. This is the kind of thing I think she associates with MacDougall, validly, and I have behaved similarly in many past games. As soon as folks began to interact with her calls to murder falcon [and then her if he flips green etc], she took inventory (e.g., #240) and morphed it into different reads (e.g., #267, #330) stemming directly from that origin combat. I think that's a nice sign.
Aye, that's where I was yesterday before I had to step away.

The Falcon strong arm is appearing to be utilized and thus I'm good with it being pro-town. I would like to add that half my bickering at it was because I wanted to see it move, but I will say that trying to be a movement pressure is so far is so far out of my crouching moron hidden slanker that I didn't know if I was assisting in a way that wasn't distracting. I think it moved in a proper direction, BUT I'm not sure if I'm correct on how to read as it moved with mechanisms that I added not knowing if I did so correctly or not.

What I'm trying to say is I agree and the outside perspective helps.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:03 pm Speaking of that, I never thought I'd get to type this sentence:

@DrWilgy be wary of the post cap.

:eek:
Unsure if I should waste a post or not responding to this with 'le fuck'

Is the 150 total or for the day? I normally postcap myself at 69 for a game anyhow so this is an odd conundrum.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:21 am Why am I connected with jjj? His reasoning on me was incorrect
idk, something Falcon was on about earlier that I didn't understand.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:38 pm I think everyones hould stop posting
This is a meme ass post and I like it. Nai but I like it. Not even sure if the contextual humor between the lucy/falc post count thing was intended or not, but that's how I read it.

Suppose I can use this moment to put reads as of this post in the thread:
Still thinking:
JJJ
MARM
SABI
FALC
ALISON

are town or pro town enough to not put in PoE.

NOOK will just inevitably need to be clipped if he doesn't stop shitposting.

Lucy's feeling off, like yes I get Lucy's relatively soft d1 meta, but something is off from the get go and idk how to describe it.

Esooa is null
OA is null

Sparkles is w lean
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:33 pm falcon/sparkles seem like fine kills to me.
Please elaborate on your take on Falcon. The image you posted above quoted "This aint it, chief" would imply that you believe Falcon to be wrong as opposed to pushing a known town, if they are wrong, wouldn't that make them town and not be a kill option for you?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:08 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:04 pm My top suspects are Marmot and Sparkles. Everyone else is various shades of null to town right now.

I don't think lucy's opening is AI for her. I would like to see the promised thoughts as it has been 5 hours. @lucy
why sparkles
The use of my SK meta to townread me is a little dubious. I get the argument that it involves no TMI but I would think you would at least hesitate a bit before applying a 1:1 correlation. Then she came under pressure and responded horribly to it.
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:10 pm I think the one that stood out to me most was when she got mad at Marmor for voting her and not me... like what? Marmot clearly suspects her too, why is it sus for him to vote one of his top two suspects?
This is well stated and reflects my questions on the chebonkle.

Alison, I do question, what do you make of them being w/w in spite of this?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:45 pm shall we honor tradition and Lynch marmot after he pelts a wolf
Is this a Lucy tr on Marmot imbedded in humor?

Perhaps I'm just going to hard on the 'gotta figure out how to read Lucy d1' but is it worth to juxtapose humor against lack of read claim?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:48 am
lucy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:45 pm shall we honor tradition and Lynch marmot after he pelts a wolf

Perhaps I'm just going to hard on the 'gotta figure out how to read Lucy d1' but is it worth to juxtapose humor against lack of read claim?
Lucy's referencing the recent Champs semifinals game where I subbed in, was mostly townread by the rest of the game, helped bury and chop a wolf, and then was promptly flash wagoned the next day for mostly inexplicable reasons.

As for the read, my guess is it isn't since she doesn't do Day 1 reads.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:49 am I don't get why lucy is getting this pressure when Nook plays the same style and doesn't do anything AI till later in the game.

I just think yall think of her as lhf
So, from the perspective of the slanker. There has been plenty of times where my alignment gets at least 55% discovered, while I'm literally afk.

Claims against alignment deterministic qualities are just incorrect unless one is purposely going out of their way to deny alignment. i.e. Nook. It's easy to see Nook and think 'they are publically anti town, we'll get there eventually.' I don't think we are seeing the same purposeful obstruction from Lucy, so we'd get at least a minor AI from the slot in spite of 'I'm notorious for no d1 reads.'

In that minor AI, something feels off to me. Not sure if that's the same elsewhere.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:45 am
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:08 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:05 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:04 pm My top suspects are Marmot and Sparkles. Everyone else is various shades of null to town right now.

I don't think lucy's opening is AI for her. I would like to see the promised thoughts as it has been 5 hours. @lucy
why sparkles
The use of my SK meta to townread me is a little dubious. I get the argument that it involves no TMI but I would think you would at least hesitate a bit before applying a 1:1 correlation. Then she came under pressure and responded horribly to it.
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:10 pm I think the one that stood out to me most was when she got mad at Marmor for voting her and not me... like what? Marmot clearly suspects her too, why is it sus for him to vote one of his top two suspects?
This is well stated and reflects my questions on the chebonkle.

Alison, I do question, what do you make of them being w/w in spite of this?
I don't think the interaction looks partnered. If Sparkles is wolf, she came off as being very manipulative towards Marmot in an attempt to get him off her and onto a townie (me). My read on Marmot has independently been trending up anyway (see above).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:03 am (marmot you can read all of lucy games to see she never follows that and she's been town for most of those games)

(idk why I'm trying to save Lucy)

(i think it's partially from the guilt of taking advantage of miseliming her last game)

Hmmm ok. That's the only game I've played with her.

Idk why you're trying to save lucy either :wowee:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alison wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am I am wavering on whether or not to give Marmot town points for going back to check Lucy's meta. On one hand I feel like I am giving a very skilled wolf points for something so easy to fake. On the other hand... if Marmot is wolves with Lucy he doesn't need to do this, and if he's wolf against Lucy town he also doesn't need to do this, he can let me and Esooa do the dirty work.

I kinda think it represents Marmot's authentic attempt to dig into Lucy's meta claims. I will give him town points.
I don't accept your town points either way.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Alison

Post by Alison »

Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:58 am
Alison wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am I am wavering on whether or not to give Marmot town points for going back to check Lucy's meta. On one hand I feel like I am giving a very skilled wolf points for something so easy to fake. On the other hand... if Marmot is wolves with Lucy he doesn't need to do this, and if he's wolf against Lucy town he also doesn't need to do this, he can let me and Esooa do the dirty work.

I don't accept your town points either way.
Very well, I retract them. You are back to being a top suspect.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:54 am

Lucy's referencing the recent Champs semifinals game where I subbed in, was mostly townread by the rest of the game, helped bury and chop a wolf, and then was promptly flash wagoned the next day for mostly inexplicable reasons.

Last game, where she was town, she did D1 reads and expressed a desire to change her meta.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

As I read I seem to be finding myself with a sticking thought. Comparing how Esooa and Alison are interacting with Lucy and comparing Lucy to Nook.

I believe Lucy truly does feel that their scum range and town range are the same but further think this in itself is a misconception they have come to believe. Non compliance isn't a range, it's anti-town behavior. You can do either as town or wolf, but it will nonetheless result in you appearing Wolfy or wanting to be removed by either faction.

I feel credence in Alison's w lean towards 'I'll give a read in afew hours' and a read was never given.

I feel that the marmot comment I quoted earlier was implying a tl on marmot even if there was context to the joke, which contradicts the 'lack of read' Lucy has.

These things put Lucy in what I'd perceive as W range.

Esooa without the 'read' but wanting to elim anti town behavior keeps Esooa in a state of the vote could be from either faction.

Nook's non-compliance probably has minutia similar to Lucy's to pick up on but I haven't seen it yet.

So Lucy is a slight W read that I can definitely be wrong about. Alison's w read on Lucy I can believe to be genuine. Esooa's is NAI. Nook's slightly higher on the totem pole that Lucy.

Lucy, if you are town, you need to show some of town range, as you are in fact showing wolf range. If we yeet you for non-compliance, i'd say it's a hard argument for you to make that you didn't contribute to the loss. The entire vulture discussion indicates that you'd break meta to not lose, why would not breaking meta here to show town range, not count as a loss in your book?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alright, I'm caught up now.

Esooa can have a town lean. Sparkles/Lucy slots in the current to yeet.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Sabiplz can you please elaborate on the Alison vote? I want into your head again.
Image Image Image
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 207

Post by robyn »

Alison wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:06 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:54 am

Last game, where she was town, she did D1 reads and expressed a desire to change her meta.
scum successfully pushed me lmao, the past returned
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:42 pm @Sabiplz can you please elaborate on the Alison vote? I want into your head again.
Basically nothing towny from her. She moved from one lhf (Falcon) to another (lucy). Her reasoning to push her is weak and for someone that wants to win, she has no care that her policy pushing is going to force us into limlo due to miselims. It's anti town.

None of her pushes and reads have been pro town. It's all been centered around Alison.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:34 pm As I read I seem to be finding myself with a sticking thought. Comparing how Esooa and Alison are interacting with Lucy and comparing Lucy to Nook.

I believe Lucy truly does feel that their scum range and town range are the same but further think this in itself is a misconception they have come to believe. Non compliance isn't a range, it's anti-town behavior. You can do either as town or wolf, but it will nonetheless result in you appearing Wolfy or wanting to be removed by either faction.

I feel credence in Alison's w lean towards 'I'll give a read in afew hours' and a read was never given.

I feel that the marmot comment I quoted earlier was implying a tl on marmot even if there was context to the joke, which contradicts the 'lack of read' Lucy has.

Esooa without the 'read' but wanting to elim anti town behavior keeps Esooa in a state of the vote could be from either faction.

Nook's non-compliance probably has minutia similar to Lucy's to pick up on but I haven't seen it yet.

So Lucy is a slight W read that I can definitely be wrong about. Alison's w read on Lucy I can believe to be genuine. Esooa's is NAI. Nook's slightly higher on the totem pole that Lucy.

Lucy, if you are town, you need to show some of town range, as you are in fact showing wolf range. If we yeet you for non-compliance, i'd say it's a hard argument for you to make that you didn't contribute to the loss. The entire vulture discussion indicates that you'd break meta to not lose, why would not breaking meta here to show town range, not count as a loss in your book?
because I'm town, among other things
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:56 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:42 pm @Sabiplz can you please elaborate on the Alison vote? I want into your head again.
Basically nothing towny from her. She moved from one lhf (Falcon) to another (lucy). Her reasoning to push her is weak and for someone that wants to win, she has no care that her policy pushing is going to force us into limlo due to miselims. It's anti town.

None of her pushes and reads have been pro town. It's all been centered around Alison.
So am I correct to assume that you believe the reason Alison has provided for the Wolf lean on Lucy is fake?

What do you make of me voting Lucy since I seem to be on a similar wavelength at least on that one?
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm

So am I correct to assume that you believe the reason Alison has provided for the Wolf lean on Lucy is fake?

What do you make of me voting Lucy since I seem to be on a similar wavelength at least on that one?
I'm holding Alison to a higher standard than to you. I have seen her scum hunt and provide cases that were reasonable in other games that I'm not seeing here at all from her.

I don't get why you and Falcon voted for her besides to bandwagon.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:03 pm

I'm holding Alison to a higher standard than to you. I have seen her scum hunt and provide cases that were reasonable in other games that I'm not seeing here at all from her.

I believe I've iterated it quite clearly above that it's a combination of W lean for contradictions and anti-town behaviors.

Is that difficult to understand/do you have arguments to the contradiction I've noticed?
Image Image Image
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:05 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:03 pm

I believe I've iterated it quite clearly above that it's a combination of W lean for contradictions and anti-town behaviors.

Is that difficult to understand/do you have arguments to the contradiction I've noticed?
She behaved the same way in asmr, was town.

She gave fake reads during d1 of two state that everyone called her out for that got her killed. Forcing her to do reads, she herself doesn't believe in, is going to get her yeeted again. It's not anti town behavior to not want to make reads when you aren't confident in them.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Alison will believe I'm scum for not thrashing around, among other things. it's a legitimate read, it's just wrong
this game is a reactionary response to last game where things didn't go so well
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:34 pm As I read I seem to be finding myself with a sticking thought. Comparing how Esooa and Alison are interacting with Lucy and comparing Lucy to Nook.

town and wolf range are very similar, if not identical, asking me to show town range is quite silly. there are more reasons why it's inevitably pro town that I can't say for many reasons. Also even if I thoroughly iso people starting now and spend hours on the game solving I'd still get lynched for this, then the next game I'd get pressured into doing the same and we're back at this exact scenario where I'm being pressured to change
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:13 am
lucy wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm A few things I wanna say before we get started for those of you who don’t know. Champs, particularly in qualifiers is incredibly scumsided. The current stats are 54 wolf wins to 19 town wins for qualifiers. Not only that but from what I know there has only ever been one town sweep in qualifier game for champs, and my goal is for us to be the second . Few things I’ve picked up from that game and previous champs games this year that I think might be important for us to incorporate and areas where I picked up previous towns went wrong

-This point may already be obvious to some but : the most important thing you can do as a villager is make yourself an obvious villager. The last town that swept was led by Jjj/spf and they encouraged a playstyle that focussed heavily on finding other townies first before hunting for wolves and the best way to facilitate that is by making yourself an obvious townie and taking yourself out of the miselimination pool and working with open communication to find other townies. Champs by nature encourages a glory hunting playstyle where people want to be the one who catches wolves before everyone and be the one to bury wolves but the most successful towns have always been the ones that focussed more on working with each other and finding other townies before trying to bury wolves. If we can all do our part to raise the bar of towniness wolves will eventually out themselves and either be forced to push obvious townies and further out themselves, bus each other or just give up and lolcat.

- if the game starts too feel too easy it probably means there’s something wrong. The stats don’t lie, this is favored for wolves which means it’s not supposed to be easy for us. People often go for the easiest/least accountable votes on d1 but keep in mind wolves have teammates and I’ve rarely seen wolves bus hard d1 in champs. So if the entire lobby is dogpiling on one or two slots d1 don’t get complacent because we could be way off.
lucy posted this in Halvøsen Ridge Mafia on Day 0. Her behavior this game is a complete departure from the second point in this one.

@lucy why is this different?
my own meta contradicts it, after that achro Lynch I have good reason to revert into my old ways
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That lucy post Marmot referenced from Halvosen ridge is a copypasta. illario posted that in champs game 7.

I don’t know that this means much, but it seems important to clarify. Lucy herself didn’t clarify this unless I missed it, so that’s confusing.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:21 am Why am I connected with jjj? His reasoning on me was incorrect
What did I get wrong, Sabiroo?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:57 pm That lucy post Marmot referenced from Halvosen ridge is a copypasta. illario posted that in champs game 7.

I don’t know that this means much, but it seems important to clarify. Lucy herself didn’t clarify this unless I missed it, so that’s confusing.
Does this make them not partners?
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:03 pm
That I wasn't doing enough solving in my wolf game.

I could still be in my wolf range. Each of my wolf Rands have been different. 🤷‍♀️
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:57 pm That lucy post Marmot referenced from Halvosen ridge is a copypasta. illario posted that in champs game 7.

Does this make them not partners?
Perhaps, though I would hesitate to draw strong interactive conclusions around a post that was made in a different game.

The two don’t strike me as particularly teamed anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sabiplz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:03 pm
That I wasn't doing enough solving in my wolf game.

I could still be in my wolf range. Each of my wolf Rands have been different. 🤷‍♀️
Okay. Keep in mind my initial read of you was based on the first couple hours of play in each game rather than on full bodies of posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”