Posts in topic: 362

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:36 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 pm im kind of bored tbh

does anyone wanna talk about anything
Who had the worst impression so far?
probably lily because her posts feel the most uncomfortable out of anyone who has posted so far and like she is trying to "blend in' with the casual vibe of the game instead of just playing naturally
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:48 pm mafia team is nanook / lucy / seanzie thank me in post game
this post in particular felt a bit out of place and like the type of post i would make as a nervous wolf who felt pressured to join in on the meme posting but idk if i actually believe this
I'm mindmelding with staypositivefriend so far so I think she is fine. Though, tbh the way to read spf is more wait and see (pending on flips).
Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:38 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 am i was informed in the dvc for spech chat game that wolves are most likely within players that play "suboptimally" tbh. Normally I try to be more nuanced in my reads with them but I have decided to try to push those players and see if my accuracy increases or decreases. Tl;dr you all are my test subjects tbh
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:34 pm i've noticed that most wolves tend to struggle with posting in the early game (kind of like how i picked up on twice being awkward on page 1 of the spec chat invitational that just ended but then brushed it off when he got townier, or how i was able to pick up on hells being fake-solvey right away), and that's bcuz they haven't gotten into the flow of the game yet and are primarily concerned with "blending in" and not attracting any negative attention to themselves

i think it's uniquely easy to catch wolves in the first few pages of the game because of this, and lily's posts came the closest of meeting the archetype of somebody who was focused primarily with "blending in" and trying to seem natural. it's not really about whether she does it every game - it's about the timing, the flow, etc etc

i understand that this type of read has a high margin of error though
also i agree with this take about early game posts tbh
sadly i misread variance for it, but it did make me start town reading him eventually tbh
So what you're saying is...

wolf team is Boq/Alison/??? and your plan is to powerwolf and push all the townies who play "suboptimally", while you are able to hide behind "well, I'm trying out a new strategy", and Alison hides behind playing like that always?

Did I read between the lines correctly?
yes tbh
yeet me into the sun
:shrug: okay.

[VOTE: Boq] aubergine
Kinda bad reaction test, though, if that was what you were aiming at?
Your question can be boiled down to: "Are you scum?"

What did you expect? What reaction do you possibly think any alignment would give you there? You wrote in a later post that you aim to pressure me, but your question itself is already answered by your own assumptions. I think you are aware of that and I am intelligent enough to see it. So I have no reason to answer your question seriously tbh

Tl;Dr: Ask dumb questions, get dumb answers, or
"Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"
And yet, the more we interact, the more wolf!you will wonder if I am going to bite down or back off, and even good players react differently/in AI ways when being suspected vs not. My point is not to get you to say "yes" or "no", but to make sure you're aware that I suspect you, and see how your play changes through time based on that. As I push on a you/Alison team will you become tilted? Will you defend Alison? Will you brush my push off? Do you take it as a joke? Is it worth even responding to for you? Thus far, I haven't liked your response, and will be watching you closely moving forward.
That sounded better tbh
Gotcha, you suspect me and I will meme at you when you ask me questions like that tbh - sounds like a fair deal tbh!
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by MissSparkles »

i mean nook is right, i'm already out of wolf range fam.

see my nonchalant attitude for the PROOF.
:cloud9:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:45 pm aww creatue beat me to it lol
Initiative
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:40 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:48 pm mafia team is nanook / lucy / seanzie thank me in post game
this post in particular felt a bit out of place and like the type of post i would make as a nervous wolf who felt pressured to join in on the meme posting but idk if i actually believe this
i've been making posts like this every game sadly
Also yeah this post sucks ass

It feels like typical wolf response for a push they deem wrong reasons
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:50 pm Everyone else has 150 posts today, but Sabi said I only get 15. To further get into the spirit of tenths, I will only use 1.5 posts today.
Seanzie wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:51 pm I have five reads:
Creature Town
Lilypwtal scum
I'm kinda tempted to townread this but meh I feel like wolf!Seanzie would try to pocket me.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:59 pm i enjoy being scum read in rvs because people get it out of their system early
Neon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:59 pm Lily town

I will now channel my inner Santy

Skill issue skill issue
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:03 pm
Neon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:59 pm Lily town

I will now channel my inner Santy

Skill issue skill issue
this is an opposite of a skill issue good work
Bleh idk if this is w/w.

Kinda skeptical about Neon being contrarian here. Not sure if wolfy.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Neon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 pm There's a post cap and I forgot.

Time to speed run 150 like I'm playing champs again
Oh you're Neon Abigail?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:40 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:26 am Tmi? I would never
then why me town babeeee? this is not a trick question.
Tmi probab6
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:41 pm im so tired can someone else win this game for me for a change
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:42 pm Alison - what
arogame123 - the
Boquise - fuck
Creature - is
Falcon45ca - hey bro
Jackofhearts2005 - sweet
Lilypetal - sup
lucy - yo
MacDougall - bj
MissSparkles - how do
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - brah
Neon - heckin yeh
Porscha - hell yeh
Seanzie - this
staypositivefriend - playerlist
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:43 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:41 pm im so tired can someone else win this game for me for a change
Well Well Well.

Are you town or mafia this game Mac?
maftownia
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:43 pm
Neon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:42 pm I'm gonna not be here for a while because of outside circumstances. Please don't kill me. Or do.

I'm town though so don't.
*shields you*
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:41 pmpenis
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm 150 post cap, i can burn this fast and then i dont have to play mafia anymore
Wolfy entrance by Max so far
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:45 pm [VOTE: ] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:44 pm 150 post cap, i can burn this fast and then i dont have to play mafia anymore
[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Towny
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:27 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:24 pm
I mean, it's clearly a meme post and Lily does post stuff like that every game lmfao.

Do you actually think she believed that spf?
no, it's obvious that she didn't believe it, and that isn't what i said. i thought that the timing of the post was awkward and felt the most like somebody trying to "fit in" w/the rest of the game
oh oh, I misread your post. I thought the ending said, "but idk if she even believed what she posted." I misread why u had the sr oops.

I mean, I kind of disagree on the timing part but I can see why you would think that. I just kind of treated it like a meme post and everyone letting out the BS in their system during the RVS phaze.

I guess the post itself I could see why u would think it seems forced, but seeing as how Lily practically does it every game I have seen them do it in, idk if it means much.
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
I began town reading Aro around these posts.
It might be a stupid read but eh. Through jurying Aro's game, I found that he presented his thought process in a complicated manner (he has become more succinct tho). It is difficult to describe, but the way I read Aro's posts is that they are phrased in a complicated manner (or at least they become complicated in my head) and they are also constructed in an uh "unsmoothly" way?

I have never seen Aro wolf so maybe this is NAI. It reminds me how he plays as town tho so.
Also
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 pm Wait @falcon45ca, you do realize I voted on Mac as a meme right? He said he was a 49ers fan and I am a Seahawks fan. Seahawks and 49ers don't like each other.

Also, I voted on you cause your intro post pinged me and it didn't seem genuine to me.
This made me question my read at first. It is very defensive and felt like Aro was damage controlling/trying to explain away a vote.
But then I have a vague memory that Aro have done this as town so maybe it isn't anything tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:46 pm
this leads to you getting eliminated day 1 so as either alignment it's a bad play brah
Terrible

falcon likely spewed town
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:55 pm seanzie is town on vibe read
More spews

Would Mac townread a partner here?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Normally I would just town read plays like Seanzie's, but I got severly burned by blindly town reading that in anni so I will wait and see.
I guess if I will go tinfoil, he could be scum with someone he fears will be playing "suboptimally" and thus went on. Feels a bit too reachy tho
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

u can be honest and say vibe Nook, why so scummy fam
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am Normally I would just town read plays like Seanzie's, but I got severly burned by blindly town reading that in anni so I will wait and see.
I guess if I will go tinfoil, he could be scum with someone he fears will be playing "suboptimally" and thus went on. Feels a bit too reachy tho
It's because I play suboptimally as scum, so if I let you scumhunt based on that, you'll find me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:58 pm Town

Everyone who isn't named below

Mafia

Creature

Rest of Mafia

Alison/Boq/Jack/Sparkles/Nanook/Porscha

Y'all wanna be me
These reads look fake. Why would you townread Lily and Neon?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:00 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:59 pm mac why do u think creature is mafia
creature post weird me vibe not good me feel his posts farty bum bum
You were able to pull a much better case on both Spiritfarer and Midnight Mash.

If you're town then it's good to know that your catch on me on Midnight Mash was purelly accidental.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Mac is basically just not doing much at all - seems to be in rvs.
It is wolfy in theory but I dont want to commit to that rn.

Falcon is doing simple votes without much explanation, and following the flow. On paper I guess that is wolfy too, but ime wolves are more prone to explain their pushes.

If I am to follow this dogma that wolves play suboptimally, I would be forced to push both Mac and Falcon tbh and the team would be Neon/Falcon/Mac.
Posting that to revise it in post game to see if this approach is the superior one tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:01 pmmac is town
No
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:52 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:51 am Normally I would just town read plays like Seanzie's, but I got severly burned by blindly town reading that in anni so I will wait and see.
It's because I play suboptimally as scum, so if I let you scumhunt based on that, you'll find me.
i'm sorry for your rand tbh, i will yeet you gently tbh
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

creature not reacting to any of my posts is n o t i c e d tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:02 pm i actually kind of liked me and creature individually voting for lily at roughly the same time but i guess it probably means less in a world where lily is town
nai for creature

town creature see person spf voting for when townread spf go echo

mafia creature see person spf voting for when person is town go echo

problem in that creature townread you tbh yes

i have caught creature off this read before quite

creature does not townread players like us in the early game as town generally
I try to read players off vibes and then reinforce these reads.
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:54 am Mac is basically just not doing much at all - seems to be in rvs.

Falcon is doing simple votes without much explanation, and following the flow. On paper I guess that is wolfy too, but ime wolves are more prone to explain their pushes.

If I am to follow this dogma that wolves play suboptimally, I would be forced to push both Mac and Falcon tbh and the team would be Neon/Falcon/Mac.
Posting that to revise it in post game to see if this approach is the superior one tbh
miss sparkles falls into this category too tho tbh
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:02 pm i actually kind of liked me and creature individually voting for lily at roughly the same time but i guess it probably means less in a world where lily is town
nai for creature

town creature see person spf voting for when townread spf go echo

mafia creature see person spf voting for when person is town go echo

problem in that creature townread you tbh yes

i have caught creature off this read before quite

creature does not townread players like us in the early game as town generally
in fairness i dont think creature stated a townread on me at any point
I have a townlean on you aorn, but it's subject to change depending on flips.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Mac's posts still feel forced af in page 4. I feel like he can raise his post count a lot more naturally as town?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:13 pm I have read up to the start of page 2.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

Serious vote.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:44 pm
[VOTE: lilypetal] aubergine
What about this Lily post prompted you to vote her?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:17 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
I don't feel like Neon's vibing at all. Their first two posts were pre-emptive excuses for bad posting, which is why I originally scumread them. Since then they have posted a bunch of irrelevant fluff and claimed to be trying to speedrun to postcap by spamming. This is a very shallow and low-effort way to engage with the thread, and it is very easy for a wolf struggling to fit in to make posts like that.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:46 pm
this leads to you getting eliminated day 1 so as either alignment it's a bad play brah
Mac is wolf.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:19 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:44 pm
[VOTE: lilypetal] aubergine
What about this Lily post prompted you to vote her?
Is this your first post of the game?
No, my first post was me voting Neon. Why do you care?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:48 pm i think arogame is the most obvious villager in the game so far

does anyone disagree?
I don't have a read on him. Could you elaborate more about why you feel he's an obvious villa?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:53 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:48 pm i think arogame is the most obvious villager in the game so far

does anyone disagree?
no, they were villagery as scum in a turbo, I'm holding them to higher standards
he was ridiculously cloying to me in the one wolfgame ive played with him (ie: he opened up the game by waxing poetic about how towny i was in a very generalized way) and in this game he was immediately accusatory and skeptical toward me (ie: "do you really think that lily believed that?"),so it would be a pretty impressive reversal of his scum meta in a world where he's mafia

youre valid though
Oh, this. I noticed he was less of a simp than he was in Cats vs Dogs but given how over the top he was in that game, I think he would make an effort to dial it down if he randed mafia again. So, I don't think that this is a particularly town indicative meta shift (especially because of how easy it is to make) and it definitely doesn't rise to the level of making him an obvious villager.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:29 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:53 pm

does anyone disagree?
I mean, I agree :p

But considering the last game we played in SPF in C v D, I am just curious if you do have some skepticism or some cautiousness. Cause usually when I play with someone again after I wolfed against them, they usually are very cautious with their read on me.
This is kinda townie though, especially coming off a game where he solidly pocketed me and cruised to an easy victory. I think town would approach that with a degree of pride and "fear me, I snowed you all" sentiment, while scum would be more likely to just accept the read and say nothing.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:27 pm alison has caught me i must leave before i spew my team
How about you stay and explain why you made that reply to falcon? You know he is the kind of player that will throw out votes on whoever he finds wolfy especially early, and thinks very little about the broader strategic impact they have on his thread position. Nor is he the kind of player to be cowed by "you'll get voted out if you try this, oooo". So what were you hoping to achieve by saying that to falcon?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:32 pm lucy is probably my top townread.
I feel a lot more fire in these Alison posts than she had last game where she was wolf.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:59 pm @Alison @Boquise @Jackofhearts2005 @MissSparkles @Porscha @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2 of you are mafia and the other 1 is creature
Hard claim creature
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:01 am [VOTE: sean] aubergine

Preemptive omgus
I dunno how to read NANOOK. GTH this is town.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:16 am
Neon wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 pm im kind of bored tbh

does anyone wanna talk about anything
Who's the best league character? Your answer will determine my read on you
good god how are you supposed to pick only one
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:29 am
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:17 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:12 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:09 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 pm Wait @falcon45ca, you do realize I voted on Mac as a meme right? He said he was a 49ers fan and I am a Seahawks fan. Seahawks and 49ers don't like each other.

Also, I voted on you cause your intro post pinged me and it didn't seem genuine to me.
You don't like Mac cuz he's a 49ers fan?

I thought it would've been cuz he's Australian.

They're all descendent from criminals who think their eco system is oh so precious and must be protected. Southern Hemisphere Snobbery

And my intro post was genuinely my first post of the game
lol, but didn't you say you voted me cause you thought I was sheeping ur vote or something?

and about ur into, I didn't like how at the end there you had like the "oh, I am town" as if you forgot or something and it didn't feel right to me. I just didn't vibe with it.
I did not say that's why I was voting for you, tho I did ask Mac about you sheeping my vote.

Oh, I did do that, but I didn't forget that I was town. I actually knew the whole time
meh, it didn't really come off like that to me which is why I felt that post was kindy pingy and felt unnatural.

So why did you vote me then, cause I thought it was cause you thought I was "sheeping your vote" when it was a meme vote.
falcon literally always begins his first post by mentioning he is town, so he had to make sure to add it in at the end
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:32 am
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:34 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:32 pm lucy is probably my top townread.
oh, did you not TR me last game bc my reads were good and you had to put me in the poe?
dying
Porscha wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:35 am good first day fellas guess i'll be back tomorrow to catch up on 20 pages of posts after work
Did Porscha rand wolf this game?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:57 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:47 am Bad mac
why bad?
I'm v fragile this game
ur being too towny and shit
lolspew
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alright I retract my townread on Seanzie. He can be wolf especially if Lilypetal is town.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:56 am
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:44 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:02 pmSILVERKEITH GOD
so true
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:45 pm i rolled town again luckily so i can have a relaxing stress free mafia experience
Are you someone on MU who played the spec mountainous game tbh? Whats your username there if so?
lilypetal didn't play the last spec game ftr.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:54 am Mac is basically just not doing much at all - seems to be in rvs.

Pushing Falcon early on is usually suboptimal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:05 pm Alright I retract my townread on Seanzie. He can be wolf especially if Lilypetal is town.
If it helps, this only makes my townread on you stronger. I have a nice warm pocket over here if you change your mind about me.

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 am i was informed in the dvc for spech chat game that wolves are most likely within players that play "suboptimally" tbh.
Oh oops guess it was me.

But yeah playing dumb and/or intentionally making poor decisions is wolf indicative.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:20 am
Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:02 am i was informed in the dvc for spech chat game that wolves are most likely within players that play "suboptimally" tbh. Normally I try to be more nuanced in my reads with them but I have decided to try to push those players and see if my accuracy increases or decreases. Tl;dr you all are my test subjects tbh
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:34 pm i've noticed that most wolves tend to struggle with posting in the early game (kind of like how i picked up on twice being awkward on page 1 of the spec chat invitational that just ended but then brushed it off when he got townier, or how i was able to pick up on hells being fake-solvey right away), and that's bcuz they haven't gotten into the flow of the game yet and are primarily concerned with "blending in" and not attracting any negative attention to themselves

i think it's uniquely easy to catch wolves in the first few pages of the game because of this, and lily's posts came the closest of meeting the archetype of somebody who was focused primarily with "blending in" and trying to seem natural. it's not really about whether she does it every game - it's about the timing, the flow, etc etc

i understand that this type of read has a high margin of error though
also i agree with this take about early game posts tbh
sadly i misread variance for it, but it did make me start town reading him eventually tbh
So what you're saying is...

wolf team is Boq/Alison/??? and your plan is to powerwolf and push all the townies who play "suboptimally", while you are able to hide behind "well, I'm trying out a new strategy", and Alison hides behind playing like that always?

Did I read between the lines correctly?
yes tbh
yeet me into the sun
This is wolfy for you.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:22 am So like I feel like Nook's town read on me is TMI. I should probably vote there.

Hi Seanzie.
Towny
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Boquise wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 am creature not reacting to any of my posts is n o t i c e d tbh
I wanted to keep my replies linear and not get distracted by new posts.
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

i mean u know i'm gonna ask so why bother not saying why CREATURE
MissSparkles
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MissSparkles »

I'm just vibin to whoever said i'm playing suboptimally, sure i'm not like in super scumhunt mode but like can't a bitch vibe first?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lol I am explaining pretty much all my reads.

I don't really think Mac and falcon are together. Idk if falcon would bus Mac here, but I also find it even unlikelier wolf!falcon would push town!Mac.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:08 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:05 pm Alright I retract my townread on Seanzie. He can be wolf especially if Lilypetal is town.
If it helps, this only makes my townread on you stronger. I have a nice warm pocket over here if you change your mind about me.
Just find wolves and you should be fine.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MissSparkles wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:12 pm i mean u know i'm gonna ask so why bother not saying why CREATURE
I dunno if wolves push the players townreading them for TMI unless they think they're gonna sound even townier from it.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Meh I'm feeling too lazy to keep track of all my reads now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 77
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:59 pm @Alison @Boquise @Jackofhearts2005 @MissSparkles @Porscha @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2 of you are mafia and the other 1 is creature
Hardclaim Creature.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:26 pm
Hardclaim Creature.
I didn't know you were in the game.

Also you're late, Boq already made that joke.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Hello what up? At work but briefly skimmed and currently I like Creature and Boq, and had a slight sr on Seanzie.

I didn’t really understand his push on Boq and it seemed performative and in bad faith. At first I thought it was a joke but it seemed he was really pressing on it and I was like “wtf.” And the way he’s been kind of teasing Boq that he has to plays suboptimal so he finds him just doesn’t sit right with me, and almost like an egotistical mafia lmfao.

@Seanzie do you have any mafia and town games that I could look at please?
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Also, I didn’t mention it earlier and but I have a slight tr Lucy more so because I feel like just like me, they are motivated to be better and are attempting to learn how different people play in this game and use their past knowledge to apply it in this game.

I will admit that this is more pro-town from Lucy and though I haven’t seen her mafia game, I’m inclined to give her a slight tr for how she’s come into the game so far.

Additionally, I liked her response to Nanook about questioning why they were on the list. Thought it was funny lol. Good sense of humor.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alright the whole gang is here.

Looked good:

Alison
arogame123
Creature
falcon45ca
lucy