Posts in topic: 96

Re: Anniversary Game 2 - Moozik [DAY 1]

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:31 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:00 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:51 am
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill
Interesting white knighting here.

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
I like it when you read "bitey", it's indicative that you're interested in figuring things out.
Don't you dare try and pocket me, you handsome bastard
I'll pocket who I want, you unbelievably cool forum mafia player
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm I don't think I'll be able to do much tomorrow as it'll be election day.

I can prob confirm my role tomorrow in the first hour of the day.

I'd much rather we don't have stagnant wagons D1 especially on someone who doesn't have time to properly get engaged with the game.
Bruh... :confused:
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 163

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ve got no problem with Strawhenge saying he’s not engaging with people at a certain point. I’ve done the same thing plenty of times as town. NAI at best
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 319
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:02 pm
Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 pm As it stands, I don't think I can justify a vote on Falcon any longer, so [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine for now

Quas, LeRaskol and DoOm are three people who stick out for not sticking out (IYKYK), but right now I would like to hear more from DoOm as I know you the least
"Lurking is scum" doesn't seem like it warrants commentary like (ikyk)

"I don't think I can justify a vote on person the wagon isn't moving on any longer" is an interesting phrasing/way to view that situation. Do you think there should be momentum on them or not?
Lurking is scum" is not what that post is saying, and those who do know what I'm saying know what I mean, and I will leave it at that until and unless it becomes more pronounced and/or relevant later

I am not interested in talking about Falcon at this time
:omg:
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I can't help but assume iawys signature is part of all his posts as :omg: seems to fit with all of them
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
IBA
The Mark
Posts in topic: 315
Preferred Pronouns: They/them although he/him is fine tbh
Aka: Jack

Post by IBA »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:42 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:40 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pmI can prob confirm my role tomorrow in the first hour of the day.
why in the blithering fuck would you post this
I think current wagons are crap and I'm being pretty much ignored/suspected for bad reasons.
You don't have anywhere close to a wagon on you and there's a full day left

Jesus Christ

You realize that if you're town you're probably dying tonight now, right
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:46 pm I can't help but assume iawys signature is part of all his posts as :omg: seems to fit with all of them
no joke, it is my favorite emoji in existence, it was a staple of my homesite and I am very sad that MU doesn't have it but they have it here so I am happy
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:48 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pmI can prob confirm my role tomorrow in the first hour of the day.
I think current wagons are crap and I'm being pretty much ignored/suspected for bad reasons.

Jesus Christ

This should have read "close to a hammer" btw
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:02 pm
Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 pm As it stands, I don't think I can justify a vote on Falcon any longer, so [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine for now

Quas, LeRaskol and DoOm are three people who stick out for not sticking out (IYKYK), but right now I would like to hear more from DoOm as I know you the least
"Lurking is scum" doesn't seem like it warrants commentary like (ikyk)

"I don't think I can justify a vote on person the wagon isn't moving on any longer" is an interesting phrasing/way to view that situation. Do you think there should be momentum on them or not?
Lurking is scum" is not what that post is saying, and those who do know what I'm saying know what I mean, and I will leave it at that until and unless it becomes more pronounced and/or relevant later

I am not interested in talking about Falcon at this time
Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Jesus Christ

Why do you care if Creature dies?
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:44 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:24 am If I see someone trying to push someone based on how awk they are I'm shutting that down because that's such a weak excuse and screams pushing LHF for no reason cause you can't think of a good excuse.

The only time someone can be pushed for being awk and its wolfy is if their meta is so polarizing that you can figure out if they're town or wolf based off like 10 posts and I doubt anyone fits that bill

Do you have specific examples you've observed in this game, or is this just a blanket warning?
I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

It also does serve as a blanket statement although do I really think we're going to push "X" because they're super awk? From the looks of it we're past it so hopefully not.
Did you "shut it down"? I mean, it doesn't even seem like you remember the player it was happening too...did you step in and call an end to the push based off awkwardness?
I like it when you read "bitey", it's indicative that you're interested in figuring things out.
Notice you ducking me, buddy
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

HK, what are your reads on Colin and Floyd?
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:49 pm

Jesus Christ

lmao is this a serious question
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm I’ve got no problem with Strawhenge saying he’s not engaging with people at a certain point. I’ve done the same thing plenty of times as town. NAI at best
After like a single sarcastic post mocking their attempt at a tellread? Do you play with actual babies?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Jesus Christ

Well, aside from confirming Creature's flip if if happens, why wouldn't YOU be concerned? Do you know something I don't?
I know this isn't directed at me but your reaction to this was completely opposite to everyone else's who commented so far, so I want to know what's on your mind.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

OK that creature post is kinda giving me towny pings but idk maybe I'm being too charitable
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm I’ve got no problem with Strawhenge saying he’s not engaging with people at a certain point. I’ve done the same thing plenty of times as town. NAI at best
After like a single sarcastic post mocking their attempt at a tellread? Do you play with actual babies?
No but I used to play a lot with Mac lmao got em
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:36 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:31 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:26 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 pm I kinda want to call IBA's post performative but it is totally a case of the pot calling the kettle black, because I have definitely told people to sheep my reads when I die and then immediately followed it up with a comment about people ignoring dead players

I have no particular reason why I'm saying this btw, it's just thought vomit, sorry :/
Eh, I mean, of course it's performative. Every player is performing. The question is what the performer's motivation is. It's a ludicrous fallacy, albeit a common one, to think that town don't have to perform.
Oh I'm with you 100% on that, I just haven't sat down to ponder what you were trying to accomplish with those posts as I just walked in the door.
I was kind of prodding around to see if you had posted that for the sake of posting or if you were genuinely trying to get people to listen to you, but I don't really have the attention span to figure it out now so I'll just make a note of it and look at the lead up to it when I wake up tbh.
Oh I guess mainly I'm riffing with HK as he's the person I know the best here. But it was also just true that I am very good at figuring out when he's scum and I think that gives him a lot of incentive to argue for me as the murder target if he is
This is true. IBA and I go way back, and is very good at picking out whether or not I am a wolf.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm OK that creature post is kinda giving me towny pings but idk maybe I'm being too charitable
I agree but also I haven't iso'd him yet
And it's not just because I think it's a towny thing to do, cause that depends on the player, but because of the reactions it got out of people so far
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:49 pm

I thought about doing catchups and then realized I don't want to
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:50 pm HK, what are your reads on Colin and Floyd?
Colin can die and Floyd can join him
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:22 pm I kinda want to call IBA's post performative but it is totally a case of the pot calling the kettle black, because I have definitely told people to sheep my reads when I die and then immediately followed it up with a comment about people ignoring dead players

I have no particular reason why I'm saying this btw, it's just thought vomit, sorry :/
Eh, I mean, of course it's performative. Every player is performing. The question is what the performer's motivation is. It's a ludicrous fallacy, albeit a common one, to think that town don't have to perform.
Oh I'm with you 100% on that, I just haven't sat down to ponder what you were trying to accomplish with those posts as I just walked in the door.
I was kind of prodding around to see if you had posted that for the sake of posting or if you were genuinely trying to get people to listen to you, but I don't really have the attention span to figure it out now so I'll just make a note of it and look at the lead up to it when I wake up tbh.
Oh I guess mainly I'm riffing with HK as he's the person I know the best here. But it was also just true that I am very good at figuring out when he's scum and I think that gives him a lot of incentive to argue for me as the murder target if he is
This is true. IBA and I go way back, and is very good at picking out whether or not I am a wolf.
All right, so do you think IBA is being genuine in reading you this time around?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:59 pm

All right, so do you think IBA is being genuine in reading you this time around?
what read? there's no IBA on HK read in this thread
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:01 pm

Welp
So much for trying to fish for opinions without backreading lol
I thought IBA implied that they had a read on you already that they wanted people to sheep but I guess they were just saying they were skilled at reading you for future reference.
In that case, scratch what I said earlier about IBA possibly trying to convince people to listen to them because there was actually nothing to listen to yet 😅
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Aaaand with that, I'm going to sleep and will return when my thinking cap has been put on correctly. :P
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 214

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

I don’t trust Windward at all
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:57 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:49 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:41 pm I don't think I'm white-knighting anyone here, where exactly did that come from? At the time, I remember some dude called out being awk again and after seeing it at least three times, I started getting fed up with the comment because I feel that's a horrible base for any sort of read as I stated.

I thought about doing catchups and then realized I don't want to
A townie response if ever there was one
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:05 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:01 pm

Welp
So much for trying to fish for opinions without backreading lol
I thought IBA implied that they had a read on you already that they wanted people to sheep but I guess they were just saying they were skilled at reading you for future reference.
In that case, scratch what I said earlier about IBA possibly trying to convince people to listen to them because there was actually nothing to listen to yet 😅
This feels very defensive

Are you feeling defensive
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Also INAW I’m pretty sure you and I played back when I went by Benji
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I'm disinterested in any of the following dying today:
iba
iawy
guillo
sabi
cape
falcon
raskol

I am concerned that pyxxy has fewer posts than one of the moderators/hosts. Something to keep an eye on.

I have concerns with the content being produced by nutella, creature, and deezees. All three of them are highly competent as all alignments and have the ability to take over a thread whenever they want to. Thus far I'm seeing "I am content to exist" posts from them, not a whole lot of digging into things.
Of the three nutella has done the most digging/quality content production. They're not all wolves but I'm betting on at least one of them is.

I like a bunch of the Quas posts where he's actually playing the game, they're good stuff. But sometimes it feels like he's just going through motions. I expect different things when he starts his catchup.

Valentine I think should be dying. Along with Colin and Floyd. DoOm is in the null bucket.

Windward, Risiinq, Chelsea, Schia.... Not a particular group other than I remember/know very little of what you've all talked about if it wasn't addressed directly to me. Maybe that's my fault, maybe you're lacking.

If I haven't mentioned you you haven't said anything I think is important to remember.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm OK that creature post is kinda giving me towny pings but idk maybe I'm being too charitable
I notice you have 3x the average posts itt so far

Can you point me to what you consider your strongest and best post itt today
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

A little birdy told me that Sabi isn’t posting like their usual town self.

Source is sketch
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:00 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:02 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:20 am
Valentine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:09 am
Cape90 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:35 am I like Strawhedge's #464 post, even if I think the reasonings behind like their Valentine suspicion and IAWY suspicion are pretty funny reasons for scumreading someone. No idea if it's normal for them but I know it's normal for some people. But the post does show a level of thinking independantly

[VOTE: LordQuas] aubergine

For now, I just liked Guillo's response to me in #461, it is like Okay now I believe that Guillo believes what they are saying. The lack of further shade from Guillo, or the lack of Guillo shading me for it and instead explaining his POV to me is something that does ping me as a little un-Guillotina like, like I expected a loud OMGUS but whatever.
this post feels weird in retrospect

like i know the lordquas reasoning precedes this post but it feels like. weirdly shoehorned in between two reads that are like there to placate people yk. "yeah i like you two" and then boop sly vote. like the... presentation of it feels a little ?

and i think i'm offput because the general vibe i get from cape90 while skimming is that cape is erring towards townreading people or at the very least unwilling to really push down further than "could be town, could be mafia" anywhere. he feels very... gentle with his approach i guess.
So because you cannot simply unvote I do not think, I wanted to get off Guillotina for now, so I did and voted Quas, and in the post I explain why I unvoted Guillotina.

You could call the approach I took, specifically with Guillotina careful. But tbh, it is one of the better approaches to take with them
Alright Cape90 is town.
Why's that your takeaway here?
Because that is an accurate assessment from someone who has seen me wolfing and towning, wolfing specially as I'm a terrifying wolf player. There is no agenda, no attempt at pocketing me either, there is a healthy amount of paranoia, there is respect for what I'm capable of and he is willing to let me breath and produce results.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I love Guillotine’s pfp so I can’t vote them today
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm
Also lmao

I don't want to dig tho, Mac was actually the one who invited me to/informed me about this event cuz god knows I don't check in often. Which was big cuz we fought like fucking cats last game we were in together.
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:14 pmBecause that is an accurate assessment from someone who has seen me wolfing and towning, wolfing specially as I'm a terrifying wolf player. There is no agenda, no attempt at pocketing me either, there is a healthy amount of paranoia, there is respect for what I'm capable of and he is willing to let me breath and produce results.
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:15 pm I love Guillotine’s pfp so I can’t vote them today
I hate these posts back to back so much but in fairness I'm having trouble parsing if that's just because I hate Bleach
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:50 pm

Jesus Christ

It is, or I would not have asked it
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm I can prob confirm my role tomorrow in the first hour of the day.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:17 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:56 pm
Also lmao

I don't want to dig tho, Mac was actually the one who invited me to/informed me about this event cuz god knows I don't check in often. Which was big cuz we fought like fucking cats last game we were in together.
Let the record show in plaintext I love Mac
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:15 pm I love Guillotine’s pfp so I can’t vote them today
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:24 pm
Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm I can prob confirm my role tomorrow in the first hour of the day.
Why would you soft a confirmable role on day 1, with just four people on you and being so far from EoD?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:13 pm A little birdy told me that Sabi isn’t posting like their usual town self.

Source is sketch
Hmmm prey tell, I do want to hear.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:10 pm

My reads and opinions are all sprinkled in my iso. I'm a high poster in uncapped games because I like freely posting my thoughts.

🤷‍♀️

It's day one and I'm doing observations and drive by reads.
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Inawordyes wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:23 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:50 pm

Jesus Christ

It is, or I would not have asked it
Because town revealing their roles is bad for town

The obvious gotcha/followup is "oh how do you know they're town" to which the answer is, I don't, but

1) Statistically, they probably are because anyone probably is

2) While I absolutely hate this kind of action and think it's terrible for town, it's also a very town thing to do ime
IBA
The Mark

Post by IBA »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:31 pm
IBA wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:10 pm

My reads and opinions are all sprinkled in my iso. I'm a high poster in uncapped games because I like freely posting my thoughts.

🤷‍♀️

It's day one and I'm doing observations and drive by reads.
A very townie reply honestly
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Creature wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:01 pm 1) Le petit's posts felt the most awkward for me.

2) IAWY pushing two LHFs here feel so weird for then.

I dunno what to make out of nutella rn.
1) Why? I had an early TMI sus on him, what about you?

2) Who are the LHFs?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Creature wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:56 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:55 pm See, now, that's a complaint.
LOL
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Post by falcon45ca »

I love the tongue in cheek sarcasm here, it's pretty top tier tbh
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I have movie plans with friends. See yall in a few hours. 💕
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 84

Post by falcon45ca »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:27 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:24 pm
Why would you soft a confirmable role on day 1, with just four people on you and being so far from EoD?
Def an easy capitulation to pressure...folding faster than 7 Deuce off suit
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

Return to “The Syndicate's 10-Year Anniversary Festival”