okay

so like are you done now or do you want to keep typing at me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 15

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am it literally says right there in the post you quoted that the thing that bugged me was the discrepancy in your treatment of Scooty and SD
Yes. I know. My point is that I still don't see why this was suspicious in the first place. You're just saying that it bugs you. I don't know why.

And I'm trying to understand why you voted for me beyond self-preservation. I'm struggling. You've referenced this, and you've referenced that you felt vaguely bad about me, but then you've also said that you were just trying to dispute my claims about my behavior needing to be civilian-indicative. I'm not sure what your thought process was at the end of this last day phase.

was I genuinely suspicious, or was I not? what were the reasons one way or the other?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:56 am okay

I should be done, it's 3 AM and I'm very tired.

sorry for getting all fired up at you. It's more just vengeful excitement than anything else, and I feel like I needed to inject some emotion into my gameplay and you're the nearest target.

I also really do not know what you were thinking though, and anything you can do (now or later) to clarify that would make my time reading you a lot easier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I legit thought you were a good candidate for being the pika2 killer so I pushed that option. maybe i was a little too driven by the fact that if i didnt manage to figure out who it was asap then I was the most likely to get chopped off the PoE chopping block. maybe that led me to what I now see was probably a wrong conclusion or whatever. Its not the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:03 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:56 am okay

I should be done, it's 3 AM and I'm very tired.

sorry for getting all fired up at you. It's more just vengeful excitement than anything else, and I feel like I needed to inject some emotion into my gameplay and you're the nearest target.

I also really do not know what you were thinking though, and anything you can do (now or later) to clarify that would make my time reading you a lot easier.
it's really okay and emotions are fine i guess

its good that you're finding a way to be involved again even if it's kind of inconvenient for me
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:48 am it literally says right there in the post you quoted that the thing that bugged me was the discrepancy in your treatment of Scooty and SD
Yes. I know. My point is that I still don't see why this was suspicious in the first place. You're just saying that it bugs you. I don't know why.

And I'm trying to understand why you voted for me beyond self-preservation. I'm struggling. You've referenced this, and you've referenced that you felt vaguely bad about me, but then you've also said that you were just trying to dispute my claims about my behavior needing to be civilian-indicative. I'm not sure what your thought process was at the end of this last day phase.

was I genuinely suspicious, or was I not? what were the reasons one way or the other?
when i see people propping themselves up on faulty arguments it irks my buttons. it looks bad. that's what i saw happening with you. you were saying "I would only do ____ things as a civ and never as a mafia" even though there was still clear benefit to doing those things as mafia. it wasn't the fact that you did the things at all but the fact that you insisted that they were things only a civ Sloonei would do that irked me, along with the contradictions in your treatment of Scotty versus Sloonei in your PoE list. I thought your dismissing SD from any possibility of being sprityo's killer despite her being basically in the same category as Scotty was contradictory and a sign of you not caring about the roof at best, and opportunism at worst. the possibility of SD being removed from your pool because of background knowledge didn't occur to me until like 10 minutes before the end of day.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:03 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:01 pm I don't think we're talking about the same thing
You dominated and lead the Day 15 phase. And to be honest, I don't think you were listening to anything anybody else had to say. It lead to a bad result.

That's my perception of it.
I steered the thread Day 5. Whenever anyone tried to bring the discussion around to LC maybe being good, I forced them to confront the Facebook lie. Sloonei did it by setting the parameters for acceptable discussion. Lots of posts =/= steering. I did not steer anything today, setting litmus tests is steering and telling people what to discuss is steering. When I say steering I don't mean dominating, I mean something specific. Steering isn't always bad, but when maintained over time I tend to view it that way.

If you want to blame me for a bad result then go for it, I don't disagree. I listened to everything, I just didn't agree.

And yeah winning is the goal. So is having fun and keeping low posters engaged.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 321

Post by S~V~S »

And for clarity, that bit about having fun was a mafia in general remark, and is not directed towards this thread or this game. It was a philosophical thing, and prolly should have been in green. I was replying to a comment before the one I posted.

I think domineering isn't fun, and no one has done that at all in this game, and I am sorry if that was not clear.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:00 am

when i see people propping themselves up on faulty arguments it irks my buttons. it looks bad. that's what i saw happening with you. you were saying "I would only do ____ things as a civ and never as a mafia" even though there was still clear benefit to doing those things as mafia. it wasn't the fact that you did the things at all but the fact that you insisted that they were things only a civ Sloonei would do that irked me, along with the contradictions in your treatment of Scotty versus Sloonei in your PoE list. I thought your dismissing SD from any possibility of being sprityo's killer despite her being basically in the same category as Scotty was contradictory and a sign of you not caring about the roof at best, and opportunism at worst. the possibility of SD being removed from your pool because of background knowledge didn't occur to me until like 10 minutes before the end of day.
This is the part I feel you've been kinda overlooking, [mention]Sloonei[/mention]. It's the flip side of your "people weren't considering reasons I could be doing this things as civ" argument. I don't blame you for being hot, but I think it was an understandable lynch (of course I voted for it, so).

Aside: I hate no info-dumping rules.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hello again, this is your reminder that night ends at 7:09 pm EDT so your pms are due by 5:09 pm EDT. As always thank you for getting your pms in early. It makes my job easier.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 15

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:44 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:10 pm Could be a civ or bad role.

Better for a bad than a civ but that can describe every role.
how?
One hand is not enough to count the number of times I saw that role in a scum team before.

I believe my first scum role ever was a more powerful version of it. And my teammate had a copy of it that targeted three people.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

The only way I can see Sloonei 1.0 being bad at this point is if SpaceDaisy is also bad on the same team and could use their civ-sounding 1st roles as leverage in the case one of them got lynched.

I don’t think that’s the case though.

Sloonei 2.0 could be Voldemort for all I know, with all that built up VENGEFIRE he just pushed onto Kyle “The Boy Who Lived” Mii
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:17 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm what was the case on cbob? I'm not positive I read the latter half of the last day phase
His first role was mafia as fuck and he played in a way that capitalized on it.

That's why I've wanted to loynch him so far. I kind of stopped thinking of it a few times but that feeling never left.
this is bad reasoning.

also please explain how i capitalized on it, how am i supposed to stop people voting for me in a game where I can't infodrop?
Your activity Day 1-6 was crap.

You made one post suggesting to vote for someone else but it wasn't that strong. You could have insisted more.

You justified it on FE time conflict, but I never felt completely satisfied with it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:28 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:36 pm Why did scum sloonei campaign to save scotty and push to lynch kyle for multiple phases in a row, even when kyle wasn't on the poll?
This is where "I'm not engaged" fails to engage me because you clearly are.
if i was fully engaged i'd have 500 posts right now
It's easy to say that when the thread is dead and you are the one doing the most talking in it.

What posts would you make? Endless post-by-post analysis of every post in the game? There's only so much of that one can do before they get bored or realize they could be doing somethinhg useful. Besides one could say making 500 posts in a day when everyone else makes 100 combined is counter-productive to the civilians. You drown discussion in your posts and nobody reads all of them.

Are you posting less than your usual because you are busy, or because the thread is dead so you don't need to say more to dominate it?
The former. But I'm motivated and less busy now. So I'm looking at you because this post doesn't really contribute anything other than to pile shade on me when I was floundering. So I went looking for the justification of your eventual vote for me. It doesn't exist. Help me out. I see you've been mentioning me as a suspect for a while, but I don't see anything backing that up either. why should I trust you?
Piling shade on people is how this game is played. You pile shade on them until there is enough to justify lynching them.

I voted for you because it was between you and Kyle and I had a mild suspicion of you versus a town read on Kyle. So you had to go.

And trust? That's not up to me to answer. You trust me or you don't trust me. If you don't trust me vote for me.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If we don’t go Pika2 route tomorrow again (I like the name Kyle) then I’d be down for INH, who’s reads have almost been diametrically opposed to mine this whole game. Either he is super confused, a baddie, or a confused baddie. I don’t know what that means if the latter, but I don’t want to wait around to find out

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pmIf we don’t go Pika2 route tomorrow again (I like the name Kyle)
thank you, it's good cus it rhymes. :)
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:17 pm what was the case on cbob? I'm not positive I read the latter half of the last day phase

That's why I've wanted to loynch him so far. I kind of stopped thinking of it a few times but that feeling never left.
this is bad reasoning.

also please explain how i capitalized on it, how am i supposed to stop people voting for me in a game where I can't infodrop?

You made one post suggesting to vote for someone else but it wasn't that strong. You could have insisted more.

You justified it on FE time conflict, but I never felt completely satisfied with it.
That has nothing to do with my role (and I also feel like isn't really true).

And
this
is
just
false.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 am DDL, INH, and Boomslang all came out of this lynch looking various shades of bad in my very biased opinion.
I was about to mock this post but your remark about biased opinion disarmed me. :fist:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pm I’d be down for INH, who’s reads have almost been diametrically opposed to mine this whole game.
That's a fucking terrible reason to lynch someone.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pm I’d be down for INH, who’s reads have almost been diametrically opposed to mine this whole game.
That's a fucking terrible reason to lynch someone.
I didn’t say that was a reason to lynch him. I’ve already stated other reasons over the course of the game.

But his voting record sure does precede itself, so it might as well be a reason.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:21 am DDL, INH, and Boomslang all came out of this lynch looking various shades of bad in my very biased opinion.
I was about to mock this post but your remark about biased opinion disarmed me. :fist:
Who should we lynch tomorrow? Who do you think is the Pika2 killer?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I hate this pika2 thing. There is nobody there I wanna lynch.

Then again I think theres nobody I want to lynch anymore. I may have exhausted my own PoE.

If I have to pick from that list it would be one of Epi/Scotty/Kyle I think, because Ive felt good about Daisy all day and you seem to be mechanically confirmed on role 1.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well theres Bob but Bob and others made some good points against my case.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:12 pm I hate this pika2 thing. There is nobody there I wanna lynch.

Then again I think theres nobody I want to lynch anymore. I may have exhausted my own PoE.

If I have to pick from that list it would be one of Epi/Scotty/Kyle I think, because Ive felt good about Daisy all day and you seem to be mechanically confirmed on role 1.
Tell me about your Epi suspicion

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Truth is, we are looking at a game with probably 2 civs left, maybe 3. Almost everyone here is civ which is why everybody looks civ at least to me. I take any "X Y and Z are bad" post with ten grains of salt.

So let's do it differently.

People I absolutely will not lynch in the near future:

DDL
SVS
Quin
Sloonei
Spacedaisy
Blooper

People I dont wanna lynch but may have to:

Rest.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:12 pm I hate this pika2 thing. There is nobody there I wanna lynch.

EBWOP: I've felt good about Daisy all game
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:16 pmTruth is, we are looking at a game with probably 2 civs left, maybe 3.
hey what??
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

oh did you mean to opposite thing
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the*
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

I... don't know?

He is Epi, if you are not a complete newbie at mafia you should know being paranoid of him is healthy.

I haven't had any reason to suspect him all game but I haven't had any reason to think he is supatown either. He has looked mostly good, like he usually does.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:17 pm oh did you mean to opposite thing
yeah lol
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What do people think of Dom?

I recall some ancient suspicion of him around the LC case on some tinfoil reason but I hated that case so I didn't go after him anymore.

He's also consistently shat on my posts all game so I've defaulted to ignoring him.

But... do people actually think he looks good?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Honestly I think I haven't read Epi as a baddie since 2015.

He has standed on a "slightly civ" limbo on every game I played with him.

It's scary.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually this is bugging me.

It feels like no one has suspected no one in this game as much as Dom has suspected me since the start.

Yet he hasn't voted me since like... Day 4?

Time to dig.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

I... don't know?

He is Epi, if you are not a complete newbie at mafia you should know being paranoid of him is healthy.

I haven't had any reason to suspect him all game but I haven't had any reason to think he is supatown either. He has looked mostly good, like he usually does.
I do think there should be a fair level of paranoia with him in general, but I’m not looking his way in regards to the Pika2 killer. He could be pulling the wool over our eyes here, but I’m at least partially allergic to wool and would have had a sneezing fit by now so I think he’s fine.

Plus a ton of people vouch for him, which has to count for something

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

He has said a lot of stuff I agreed the fuck with all game. That tends to make me read people as civ.

(Despite what I've just told you about terrible reasons to lynch people :doh: )
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Every alignment-related post made by Dom about DDL since the start.
Day 3
Dom wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 am I'm good with nutella or DDL
It starts here. He had been civ/neutral on me before.

Day 4
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 pm what makes you think it's mathematically impossible?
He starts with 1.

If he lynches two baddies, he has 3 at Day 3.

If he lynches two civs, he has -1.

If he lynches a civ and a baddie or vice-versa, he's back at 1.
is everyone either a civ or a baddie?
i don't know the answer to that question
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 pm Then your proof is worthless.
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 pm You're assuming a lot.

I find it unlikely for Quin to be bad.
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:13 pm I don't think you need to.

And it doesn't help you much at all.
This is the sequence where I try to solve the mystery of Nutella's lynch and Dom tries to stop me from doing it.

Day 7
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm DDL, tell me,
For whom should I vote? Tell me.
i don't think you know.
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm Let's start with this:
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:56 pm
Day 3 has ended. DDL has been lynched. He was:

0: Bulbasaur (Pokemon). You begin each day phase with -2 votes. Each night, you may select an additional player to begin the next day phase with -2 votes. You may not target the same player on consecutive nights.

It is now Night 3. It will last for 24 hours which means you have 22 hours to get your PMs in.
DDL's first role was one of voting manipulation. This would be a powerful role for a mafia member to use to protect his team from lynches.
Golden wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Day 4 has ended. Long Con has been lynched. He was:
11: Commander Shepard (Mass Effect). Your vote value begins at one, and will be determined based on a karmic system. Each day where you vote for a member of the mafia, the worth of your vote will increase by one. Each day where you vote for a civilian, the worth of your vote will decrease by one. Changes to the worth of your vote will take effect from the following day. Your vote is capped at a maximum of 4 and a minimum of -4. You are unable to evolve.

It is now night 4. It will last for 24 hours, meaning you have 22 hours to get your PMs in
Long Con's first role was one of voting manipulation. This would be a powerful role for a mafia member to use to protect his team from lynches.

I have a hard time believing a mafia team at one point included two powerful vote manipulators.

But Mr. Epignosis, what if DDL is on the other mafia team?

Hold on there, Johnny. Let's think this over.
Golden wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 pm
Day 5 has ended. Long Con has been lynched. He was:
96: Michaelangelo, forger (Phenon). You may choose one player, and have them appear as any affiliation that you wish upon death. You may change the identity of that player at any time other than during the last hour of a phase. You are MAFIA and a member of the EVIL EVENS.

It is now night 5. It will last for 24 hours, meaning you have 22 hours to get your PMs in
Long Con's ultimate role was number 96, a member of the EVIL EVENS (scary, I know, all capitalized like that).

If we were to accept the premises that a mafia team would not consist of two heavy manipulators, and that the other team is the OBNOXIOUS ODDS, then we should expect DDL's role number this time around to be odd.
juliets wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:05 pm DDL's role number is 32.
Well, would you look at that?

Sure. First role prob was
not bad by your logic. Solid.
Alignment could change?
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:31 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:19 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 pm good ideas to think
about. but we have no way of
confirming it all
I'm not concerned with confirming anything. We have to throw ideas around and go with what we think is best. Sitting around waiting for confirmation means the mafia can dictate what happens in the thread. I'm not about that.

We had no confirmation that Long Con was lying about conversing with the hosts, so apparently you aren't about that either. :beer:
Yes that's what I meant.
Thank you for your thoughtful tort.

D could be good 1st

Then inherit evil.
Why are you ignoring that?
Sigh. Dismissive Epi.
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:34 am I vote [VOTE: DDL] aubergine
I do not know how around
I will be later
He finally decides he doesn't like my guts and votes for me.

He gets on an argument with Epi over his Civ DDL theory that ends up a little ugly. Button gets pressed before the argument ends and Dom comes with me to Cerberus.

Day 8
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:24 pm ddl and speedchuck
both could be bad in my eyes
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 pm[VOTE: ddl] aubergine
He resumes it on Cerberus. That is the weird day where Pikachu wants us to lynch Speedchuck, Cerberus decides to lynch a pirate instead, and yet somehow things work out and we end up with a dead Marmot under the christmas tree next day.

Day 9
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 am Very Busy This Week

Wont be around much
Still suspect DDL
Ok.

After the merge, Dom's activity becomes sad. Understandably for real life reasons. Well it was a pleasure to be able to play with an active Dom for once in this site, all things considered.
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:03 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:01 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:07 pm "Wilgy isn't bad but I'm going to lynch him anyway"

Nah. That doesn't fly.

[VOTE: INH] aubergine
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm [VOTE: INH] aubergine

I'll add some weight to that.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:21 pm
Well, fuck all y'all.

Care to make points against me, or is knee-jerk bullshit how things worked over at Pikachu?
it got us to lynch LC.
This is some manipulative bullshit.

It was not a knee jerk reaction. We patiently waited for LC to come back with "lol the host told me in a facebook message".
Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm Semantics?
Nah. LC and speedchuck and partially dh fought back pretty hard.
Day 10
Dom wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:47 am
colonialbob wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:53 pm
Dom wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 pm Cbob played it lowkey for six whole game days and then only cared when his name got thrown around.
This is the last time I'm responding to this accusation - I WAS IN ENDGAME IN ANOTHER GAME. Why are you ignoring this? Vote me or don't, I don't really care at this point.
Endgame in Fire Emblem lasted from Day 1 through 6 of this game, paused for a day, then continued until Day 10 of this game?

Suspects:
-cbob
-wilgy
-speedchuck
-dll
I'm still a suspect. The vote goes to Speedchuck though, but for obvious reasons like everyone else's.
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:52 am i suspect ddl for the same reasons as i have since like day 2
Well we are on the same page at least.

He doesn't vote for me but he does call me out on "manipulative bullshit".

Day 12
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:12 pm Epi the burden of proof is for the ones who want to lynch inactives to explain why.
No, it's not. It's on people who ask questions to type them in a way that makes Epignosis happy.
Mfw I can't even bash Epi in peace without Dom coming to smear me because I'm not bashing him the way he wants.
Dom wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:23 pm INH
Boomslang
Nju
colonialbob
Daisy
DDL

who is your biggest suspect and why?
who do you trust the most and why?
He calls me out to give opinions. I actually like this post.

Day 15
Dom wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:42 pm Spacedaisy, S~V~S, Dragon D. Luffy

weird list tbh
No idea what this means.

Eh this isn't as bad as I remembered. I feel like Dom would be attacking me harder if he was actually more active, which he is not. Or he would have gone the path of Quin and left me alone already. This is consistent with someone who hasn't paid attention to this game for weeks and whose reads are reflective of when he last did pay attention. I can relate.

Back to the "I won't wanna lynch but may have to since I have no suspects" pile.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Has Dom been made to speak in haiku yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Didn't we conclude that the haiku dude and the guy who removes people from polls where Epi and Dom, not necessarily in this order?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually I think we also know the order because one of them appeared in a tribe after the button press but I dont remember who.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Doing my best to catch up.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:05 pm I wasn't comparing them; I was using Dom as an example.
Yes as an example you compared how Dom was behaving to how Sloonei was behaving. You literally said Dom is low activity but he isn't constantly apologizing for low activity. But Dom is playing his normal game. Why would he apologize for that? Sloonei on the other hand, while more engaged than the average player, he is not playing to the same standard as he normally would.

As far as cbob, I am considering it based on his sudden interest in what appears to be an easy bandwagon to jump on because it's the big topic at the moment. I'm ISOing now.
I would say I'm less involved than traditionall, but just as involved an recently.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm SVS's case against me, for instance, is a collection of questionable behavior from me. She's been astute to observe all of these things, it's nice to know someone is paying attention to me. But I fail to see how she puts all the pieces together to make me bad. I just look weird.
I don't like this line of questioning of SVS because it feels like her case is "good" but not "good enough".

Quin wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Boomslang wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 pm So... Are we just going to forget that we almost lynched cbob yesterday?
yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck
yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck
yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck
copyright dom
S~V~S wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 pm you try to control the narrative way too much for someone who is disengaged, that's for sure.
I don't disagree.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:02 pm I think lynching Sloonei right now is a bad move.
Why "right now"?
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 pm Look guys we know that there is an Even among the group left from pikachu 2.0. That at this point should narrow your list down to Epi, me, Kyle and Scotty. You are going to get a badde out of one the four of us. Please don't fuck around outside of this group. Let's lynch an Even and see if the game continues and reevaluate from there. This is why I voted Kyle. I could vote Kyle or Scotty again tomorrow. I won't be putting my vote anywhere other than one of those two.

Sorry I couldn't stop the lynch train Sloonster.
Spacedaisy, this is a good theory, yes.

But it doesn't mean there aren't baddies outside of this group either. Why not both?
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:39 pm 6:55
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:55 pm fuck it

voting sloonei to tie it up, and to see how others react

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
6:58
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 pm Kyle is reading civ for me, Sloonei is reading more indie/possible baddie. Had to go with the one who's given me more reason for suspicion.

I don't think Sloonei has properly justified his "weirdness," IMO.
Agree.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 pm Didn't we conclude that the haiku dude and the guy who removes people from polls where Epi and Dom, not necessarily in this order?
:shrug: I wasn't in pikachu and never saw this discussed in depth
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:06 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:43 pm Didn't we conclude that the haiku dude and the guy who removes people from polls where Epi and Dom, not necessarily in this order?
:shrug: I wasn't in pikachu and never saw this discussed in depth
Pretty sure it was in here that I saw the discussion.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dom and Epi are the only people from Pika1.0 who are still in the first life. So they have to be those two roles by elimination.

And we can probably determine who is which by fiding a haiku or a poll removal in the tribe threads after the button press. Cuz Dom was in Cerberus and Epi was in Pikachu.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:18 pm If we don’t go Pika2 route tomorrow again (I like the name Kyle) then I’d be down for INH, who’s reads have almost been diametrically opposed to mine this whole game. Either he is super confused, a baddie, or a confused baddie. I don’t know what that means if the latter, but I don’t want to wait around to find out
I'm down for this.
colonialbob wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:46 pm

this is bad reasoning.

And
this
is
just
false.
I'm not sure those posts do what you think they do.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:49 pm Actually this is bugging me.

It feels like no one has suspected no one in this game as much as Dom has suspected me since the start.

Yet he hasn't voted me since like... Day 4?

Time to dig.
I really enjoyed your post you made about this. I'm trying to catch up and participate more.

I identified with the part where you said you keep the suspects from before you stopped paying close attention. It rings true to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 pm Dom and Epi are the only people from Pika1.0 who are still in the first life. So they have to be those two roles by elimination.

And we can probably determine who is which by fiding a haiku or a poll removal in the tribe threads after the button press. Cuz Dom was in Cerberus and Epi was in Pikachu.
The first day in this thread would be the best place to look for that, I think. The night prior to that would have been the only nighy any of us could have targeted in the reshuffled tribes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Dom wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:46 pm

this is bad reasoning.

And
this
is
just
false.
I'm not sure those posts do what you think they do.
They show I indicated people should not just give up and vote me multiple times, which was exactly what I wanted them to do.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:29 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 pm Dom and Epi are the only people from Pika1.0 who are still in the first life. So they have to be those two roles by elimination.

The first day in this thread would be the best place to look for that, I think. The night prior to that would have been the only nighy any of us could have targeted in the reshuffled tribes.
No sign of haikus but that's the day when Speedchuck got removed from the poll.

So it has to be Dom. And Epi is Refrigerator.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Golden »

The Citadel Council were tiring of keeping the same generic space setting for so long.

Suddenly, the remaining champions found themselves on the bridge of the Normandy. The corpse of Long Con was sitting in the captains chair. As the players looked around, they realised that all of the chairs of command contained the corpses of other champions. Sig was in the communications chair. Speedchuck was the pilot. LoRab had her finger poised above some kind of button, but no-one was quite sure what it did. Ninja was monitoring...

The champions gasped! Ninja was alive when they had last seen her. The Council had taken the opportunity to reduce their numbers yet again. A morbid pall fell over the champions. If ever there was a place that reinforced just how important it was to avoid the fate of death, this bridge was it.

Night 15 has ended. Nijuukyugou has died. She was:
5: The Gunslinger (All Fall Down). Once, during a day phase, you may kill a player (by sending a PM to the hosts).

It is now day 16. It will last for 48 hours.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”