50%

Total votes: 14
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: Meta Mafia (day 1)

Post by Seanzie »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 pm Idk why but I feel weirdest about Syn coming out of this. Gotta think about why that is
I was going to chime in and say that I feel similarly, but then everyone else was chiming in and saying they feel similarly, so instead of chiming in and feel similarly, I think I'm going to:

chime in and say I feel similarly.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:02 pm This game state is trash
Why
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:03 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:51 pm Idk why but I feel weirdest about Syn coming out of this. Gotta think about why that is
I was going to chime in and say that I feel similarly, but then everyone else was chiming in and saying they feel similarly, so instead of chiming in and feel similarly, I think I'm going to:

Seems redundant
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:08 pm

Seems redundant
I put the done 'dat in redundant.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

Do you have nothing on my thoughts towards your point Neon?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Syn »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:52 pm
Probably because they were like the start of this, and then they backed off just to try and throw shade at like everyone
I am generally asleep between the hours of 12 AM and 9 AM and have not yet mastered the art of sleep posting
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:59 pm
I agree with this.

I'd really like to know what Syn thinks of the players they think are pocketing SVS, rather than just saying "wowee looky here"

@Syn?
ask me on D4

the point in my post seems fairly obvious and direct

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

i too feel similarly

ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:06 pm
Why
Because its stagnant and all anyone is doing is echoing the same points over and over
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:15 pm
Do you have nothing on my thoughts towards your point Neon?
Nope

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

As this point SVS is probably thread spewed town ig

Wilgz is town.

That's all. Cause this game state is awful.

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:19 pm
Why
Because its stagnant and all anyone is doing is echoing the same points over and over
What do you think that suggests
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:15 pm
Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:52 pm
Probably because they were like the start of this, and then they backed off just to try and throw shade at like everyone
I am generally asleep between the hours of 12 AM and 9 AM and have not yet mastered the art of sleep posting
Smh get good maybe

Iunno I thought you were posting thru it all (and I don't know what timezone you're in ngl I assume everyone is EST for some reason)
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Hm what about lemonfairy

If everyone thinks syn felt weird, thoughts on lemon cuz I got some sorta funky vibes somewhere along the line

It felt like they might have been trying to cause some confusion because they didn't clarify for 100% certain about their joke solve, even after it was apparent svs thought they were being serious
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:31 pm Hm what about lemonfairy

If everyone thinks syn felt weird, thoughts on lemon cuz I got some sorta funky vibes somewhere along the line

It felt like they might have been trying to cause some confusion because they didn't clarify for 100% certain about their joke solve, even after it was apparent svs thought they were being serious
Clarify without being prompted*

I had to ask, but they did clarify
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

imagine scum-reading someone because they got taken seriously by someone else

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:36 pm imagine scum-reading someone because they got taken seriously by someone else
this is me shading dennis

ImageImageImageImage
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:36 pm imagine scum-reading someone because they got taken seriously by someone else
But then why wouldn't they clarify
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:36 pm
this is me shading dennis
Oh thanks for letting me know
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:38 pm
But then why wouldn't they clarify
it's funnier not to

ImageImageImageImage
SixStrings
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:01 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:29 pm also this is irrelevant but people who are more resistant to being voted actually makes me want to push them more

so um
yeah
Maybe we just have a different approach, becasue I am always resistant to being voted :shrug:

My very good friend is hosting her first game on this site, and i hope to be here for all of it, not be miselimmed on day one for a vague reason. Also, I was not 100% sure you really believed I was bad based on what *I think* was my reaction to a host post. I am a person who over thinks things and I am trying to be more spontaneous in Mafia games, but I'm not sure that's working out for me, :haha:

*Your* name is a good role, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to my name being a bad role, so expect more "um what?" from me in the future.
SixStrings wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:01 pm OK, still pretty new at all this but I will chime in. Seems too early to decide on a vote for wolf, however so far I am convinced S -V- S is town.
This is rather astute of you; may I ask why you think so? The other game we played, Muppets, I was in Crusader Rabbit mode, rather than defense mode, as I am here. And even though i do it myself, being defensive is pretty much generally viewed as kinda scummy. So not sure why you would have this thought.
Just a gut feel on you being town. Regarding your discussion on being defensive... Although I would agree that defensiveness can be construed as guilty or bad, it could easily be justified in many cases. Yours is one of them. Finally your reasoning seemed to be backed up by a third party in the thread.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by fingersplints »

I’ve low posted for 15 years of everyone already having said all the thoughts, and for once I was in time for an original thought that everyone agreed with. Feel free to agree before it comes back and bites me in the butt lol
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Day 1 is trash a lot
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:01 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:29 pm also this is irrelevant but people who are more resistant to being voted actually makes me want to push them more

so um
yeah
Maybe we just have a different approach, becasue I am always resistant to being voted :shrug:

My very good friend is hosting her first game on this site, and i hope to be here for all of it, not be miselimmed on day one for a vague reason. Also, I was not 100% sure you really believed I was bad based on what *I think* was my reaction to a host post. I am a person who over thinks things and I am trying to be more spontaneous in Mafia games, but I'm not sure that's working out for me, :haha:

*Your* name is a good role, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to my name being a bad role, so expect more "um what?" from me in the future.
SixStrings wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:01 pm OK, still pretty new at all this but I will chime in. Seems too early to decide on a vote for wolf, however so far I am convinced S -V- S is town.
This is rather astute of you; may I ask why you think so? The other game we played, Muppets, I was in Crusader Rabbit mode, rather than defense mode, as I am here. And even though i do it myself, being defensive is pretty much generally viewed as kinda scummy. So not sure why you would have this thought.
SixStrings seems very different from Muppet Mafia… is it because he is learning of affiliation change
(Not really asking, just noting I find his presence remarkably different)
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epi
Splints
Neon
SVS
Seanzie

Mata
Six
Dennis
Roxy
Falcon

Syn
Lemon

Order is irrelevant.

This is the way.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Splints is way more involved in this game than in tounge tied where we were baddies together and I distinctly remember she didn't want to be mafia then

Ergo townread for you
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Epi
Splints
Neon
SVS
Seanzie

Mata
Six
Dennis
Roxy
Falcon

Syn
Lemon

Order is irrelevant.

This is the way.
poopy list my liege

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

replace syn and lemon with mata and six

and plummet epi from the top to the bottom

thanks love you

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 105

Post by falcon45ca »

Why

Be the change you want to see in the game
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Splints is way more involved in this game than in tounge tied where we were baddies together and I distinctly remember she didn't want to be mafia then

Ergo townread for you
I got some time today. I’d like the bar kept pretty low for my posting
Gro-oo-ovy
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:40 pm replace syn and lemon with mata and six

and plummet epi from the top to the bottom

thanks love you
I could replace you with a slanker, but it's just as likely that a slanker is a free space on the uno card of life.

Lemon isn't being replaced.

Talk to me about Epi.
Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 54

Post by S~V~S »

I want to thank everyone for all the pocketing, and since almost everyone did it, I feel refreshingly uninfluenced by it.

Some things so far have not changed for me. I lean civ on Neon. I lean more wolfy on syn than I did this AM, mainly for the stated desire to go after low posters on Day One. Those folks have the same odds of randing civ as any of us, and if they're town, force the woofs to NK them if they want to win. Or sort them later in the POE.

Otherwise, my only experience with syn is Party Crasher, which is no experience at all. I'm sure they got a better look at my game than I got at theirs. So I'm more likely to rely on the opinions of others re syn.

I am going to reread Splints, her posts seem a bit ... I dunno, following the crowd a bit?

I always think Dennis is bad, lol, but I'm warming up to his game here. @Dennis , I saw you posted on Splints, on the fact that she is posting at all being AI. What do you think of what she is saying?

I saw Sixes reply, and I'm still processing it. It seemed sincere, but I'm not sure it answered my question. So not my likeliest vote as of now, but not my least likely either.

No real opinion on Falcon yet, I misread him alot when I first started playing with him so i'm fairly cautious about him, and i haven't found any hooks or tells that help me sort him as of yet.

I feel pretty good about Sean, mainly tone, no other reason. He seems very laid back, relaxed. Not the same as he felt in GOC where we were bad teammates.

Epi had zero reason as a baddie to point out what he did about my reaction to a host post. He can fool me better than most, but as of now, as I said, I don't see why he would bother making the post he did if he was bad.

Same for Wilgy, and his level of solve is good, and he isn't posting go along to get along opinions. I'm not as sure about Lemon as he is, I still think Lemon was sincere in his reasons for pushing me. Lemon doesn't know me, and in addition to being OG, I have always been a bit quixotic even back in the day. I learned my lesson about judging people based on stylistic differences in the Anni game.

Mata is incredibly insightful, and i hope she brings some of that. @Matahari come play with us.

Roxy is also a bit of a question mark for me; she graciously defended me, but I am looking forward to hearing her suspects, or her town, or her reads in general. I find she is very insightful and gets to the crux of the matter, without pulling any punches.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

am back
will backread for a bit
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

I don't really want to read though
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:10 pm
I lean more wolfy on syn than I did this AM, mainly for the stated desire to go after low posters on Day One.
I am voting for Epignosis, who is not a low poster
Those folks have the same odds of randing civ as any of us, and if they're town, force the woofs to NK them if they want to win. Or sort them later in the POE.
assuming that chopping into low posters is a thing that's going to happen (and I am not suggesting it should be, because it's lazy), you would sort low posters early on, not in the late game

and your argument that you "force the woofs to NK them" makes no logical sense in any way whatsoever. why would wolves NK low posters who aren't contributing or are likely to not be present enough to make an informed vote. no comprende

ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:32 pm
Why

Be the change you want to see in the game
Nah that ain't me

ImageImage

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:51 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:36 am
Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:33 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:31 am
Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:28 am
Dennis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:07 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:06 pm
wrong chat wrong chat
shitshitshit HI THReAD! I AM TOWN!!
Vote: Dennis
No.
Yes.
Maybe.
Progress
idk this is probably not w/w
weird convo
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:01 am Maybe we just have a different approach, becasue I am always resistant to being voted
I do try to look past it if I think it's more likely NAI but it is more of a first reaction I have and sometimes I mess up and it overrides other stuff
eh we'll see
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 amFeels weird ngl
what feels weird?
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Roxy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:19 am And I'll be damned if I give one care about being defensive when I get a suspicion/vote. I will *ALWAYS* defend as it is our duty as town to preserve/prove ourselves in order to be here another day helping/voting for the town.
it's good to try your best to not get elimmed but being defensive is imo not a great way to do it
and I'm not really trying to dissuade people from being defensive because at the end of the day, I can't control other people's reactions to being pushed - I just wanted to give a heads up on how I tend to react to defensiveness
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lemonfairy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:22 pm
Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:53 amFeels weird ngl
what feels weird?
SVS の動作

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm bored

ImageImage

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

fingersplints wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:56 am I think S~V~S looks slightly better than Neon in this exchange going on, but I could really see it being t/t. Neon is being a bit nitpicky and finding things in S~V~S posts that I don’t really agree with and am about seeing, but that points to maybe justified honest scumhunting. I think SVS being on the defensive this early also likely town trait for her. All in all, I’m ok with both of them for now
I didn't really feel Neon was being nitpicky?
felt like idk normal
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:36 pm Epi
Splints
Neon
SVS
Seanzie

Mata
Six
Dennis
Roxy
Falcon

Syn
Lemon

Order is irrelevant.

This is the way.
Tell me about Lemon.

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

I also don't think SVS's initial post is actually worth reading much into and it felt like a waste of time for so many people to comment on it
I liked their later posts though
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Epignosis »

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:06 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:44 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 pmUm what?
Mafia S~V~S wouldn't react this way.
um what?
My statement was unequivocal.
but why do you think scum SVS wouldn't react that way?
I've been reading along and I feel like this question has been addressed.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:35 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:06 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:44 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 pmUm what?
Mafia S~V~S wouldn't react this way.
um what?
My statement was unequivocal.
but why do you think scum SVS wouldn't react that way?
I've been reading along and I feel like this question has been addressed.
yeah, it has
just skip it
☆Princess Abigail☆

Vote Lemon

ImageImage

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Dennis wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:11 pm Ooh like talk in baddie chat about already getting called out, I see

I only played with maf svs once and I don't remember a single thing so I'm gonna trust other people's meta reads, but I was already townleaning her so
this feels like town
and it's more specific than the "feelings" I had last game so hopefully it's right this time
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:38 pmVote Lemon
are you telling me to vote or are you telling people to vote me?

Return to “Previous Hustles”