The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

So right now I'm considering a vote for either DH, DF, and LC. Not necessarily in that order.

timmer has made some good observations re: LC and reminded me why I was pinged so heavily by him earlier, and I found TH made some good points regarding DF as well, a suspicion I've carried for a little while now.

Snow Dog wrote:
I apologise for being tetchy. It's me not you. :) I am having difficulty as usual on finding anything really to latch on to. My fault again as I should be reading more thoroughly. I will try and get down to rereading some stuff.

About DH. Well i don't really know much about his playstyle. I guess you'll go and show me how many games played with him now, but for my part I don't remember. But what i read sounds believable. Do you think he is bad? If so can you concisely explain why?

Made is civ. That's what I think anyway.
Elo's vote for zeek pinged me a bit.
No problem! Thanks for responding.

Honestly, I don't remember hardly any games that you played with DH, so I was wondering if you had a perspective about him that wasn't influenced by his gameplay.

I'm torn on him, personally, but I am considering him as a candidate for my vote today.

How do you feel about zeek?

DFaraday wrote:Zeek, to address your point about whom I trust or suspect, I don't have anyone I feel very sure of as being civ (other than myself), but I'm feeling pretty good about Dom, SVS, and FZ. I disagree with FZ's line of thinking, but I feel like this is similar to her civvie style from Cars.

As for suspects, Made is still on my radar for how weird his actions have been (although I'm less suspicious since we found out he's not necessarily lying),and the way Boomslang did a NO U on Dom has me eying him a bit more. DH is still a big question mark for me.

I also find it weird how so many people trust MP, as I don't have a stance on him either way this game.
You really think FZ.'s playstyle here seems similar to Cars? Interesting. Because I'm not sure if I feel that way. That said, I don't have a read on her right now.

I don't understand what you mean by "how weird his actions have been". What do you mean?

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Seemed set on dismissing? Yeah, I suppose you could say that, because I didn't comprehend any logical reason that he would lie as a baddie.

I don't understand how it was very un-MP-like, but if you think that, then I don't know what else to say about it.

Where are you looking right now?
It was logic enough for 8 people. I'm not going to beat you over the head with this but I just don't see why you didn't give it more consideration. But there you go, we've reached an impasse on that.

I don't know who to really look at right now. Got 5 people on my shortlist: Boom, DH, DF, Rox and yourself.
"It was logic enough for 8 people"? Not sure how that justifies it. But nonetheless, impasse indeed.

Why those 5?

FZ. wrote:I really have no idea who I'm going to vote for. I feel there are too many players not active enough, and the fact that there was so much chaos surrounding Made's forced vote did not help things much. I think it just made it easy for the baddies to blend in.

I have a few questions:
1. I noticed a lot of Dom's posts end with a question of the "can you see how..." type. Is that what he normally does? Because I don't remember that. I was wondering if people might have input on that.
2. LC and Made both felt very strongly about DH, yet I haven't seen either of them pursue that strong feeling recently. I have to wonder why. Is it that they backed of because it didn't work for them because people were not following, or did they actually change their mind and if so, why?
3. Any thoughts concerning Mongoose?

I would really like to hear more from Roxy, TH, Mongoose and all the rest that have kind of disappeared.
I suppose it's typical of Dom. Not sure about that specific wording, but he does ask those kinds of questions.

Very good point about LC and Made. I'd like to hear about that from them too.

I have found Mongoose mildly suspicious, but I'm far from sure. What do you think of her?

FZ. wrote:By the way, TH, did you not see that I said all the things you said? Did you see and choose not to say you agree with me? And is it good that you agree with me? Because everyone tells me my logic is flawed.
Why do you say this? Who is everyone? I've not said that. I have been publicly in agreement with you regarding Made.

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:The llama suspicion being weak, and the subtle defending from Bass and TH (and possibly others, I can't recall specifics and its too late atm to go fishing)

I do recall Bass making a post along the line of "I see the case on Made, but can we really afford to pull the trigger?" and TH's support of Made is well documented.
You call that subtle defending? lol I was pretty outspoken about it. I absolutely believed we should not lynch Made based on yesterday's "evidence". I think it was ignorant to vote for Made without considering all points of view. I stated a few times that Made could still be a baddie, but not for the reasons that people were voting for him. That said, I've felt good about Made in all his recent posts so I'll continue to subtly defend him because I think he's a civvie.
DharmaHelper wrote:Logically, in a game like this and in actual detective work, etc, it makes the most sense to start with the larger picture and work your way down into smaller chunks that are easier to analyze.

For me, the most logical "chunk" to analyze is llama voters.
That might be the most logical chunk for you, DH, but I don't see the logic in it at all. I actually think that most of the Llama voters were civvies who felt Made was being wrongly accused by Llama and others. Possibly a baddie or two in there since the votes were so focused on two individuals. But I don't think there's any reason to analyze the Llama voters over the Made voters, UNLESS Made is a baddie. And we'd have to lynch Made to find that out, and I don't think he's a baddie, so... unless you get Made lynched, and he then flips baddie, unless that happens then I don't see how we can possibly walk down this line of logic.

In fact, I feel much more compelled to look at the Made voters than the Llama voters. Some people probably truly believed Made was lying, but I think others were aware that they could hop on that bandwagon without looking too suspicious. Made clearly made waves on Day 2 and I can see the baddies in their chatrooms salivating at the opportunity for an easy lynch.
I agree with a lot of this.

How do you feel about DH and LC?

timmer wrote:So I went back thru Day 1 again to see if any of the people who mentioned that the votes could be changed had said so before voting, which tripped someone up in a past game iirc, but alas, no one did.

I just through Day 2. It was mostly the Made show, and with a full read, I'd have still voted that way, it was the best lead available.

That said, I'm still getting pinged by LC.

He's smart, he know how to ask the proper questions.

So when he says this:
Long Con wrote: :srsnod:

I should note that I only asked in relation to Mr Boddy, so it wouldn't cover any secret weird stuff from another role. I think the answer would be the same.
I get pinged. A civ LC would be worried that a civ Made was getting framed. He would, imo, not only ask in relation to Mr. Boddy but also in terms of any other roles. "I think the answer would be the same"?? No. He would ask and come back with the answer. A baddie LC would post the above, though. He basically started the "ask the host, you'll see he's lying" trend, and didn't try to expand his question to provide Made with the possible out.
Interesting point, timmer, I'm glad you brought this up, and it's good to see you playing!

I didn't think of this. My suspicion of LC was pretty heavy, but I abandoned it since I started to feel a bit better about him. However, since his recent relative absence and the points you've made, I could definitely consider an LC vote today.

zeek wrote:Gonna be really honest with you guys, I'm on the fence on who to vote for and I am not inclined to investigate any further to come up with a really good reason to vote one way or another. I've just asked my girlfriend's parents for their blessing to ask her to marry me. They said yes and were over the moon! :D But that's left me wanting to enjoy the night with her when she gets back from the gym.
That's awesome, man!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, good point about LC being silenced though. He hasn't said anything all day, has he?

TH, I'm curious to hear whom else you'd be looking at today.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also would like to hear from Boomslang, Russ, Mongoose and others about whom they are actually thinking about voting today and why.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm thinking about voting Boomslang. In addition to the things others brought up, he made a point of drawing attention to a statement I made about being civvie. He said it put a target on my back which I'm aware of, so why did he even mention it once, much less twice, making the target even bigger. Would a civ do that?

There are also some good points about LC. I sent Epi my question right after LC did and I made it broad. If I can think to do that it seems like master player LC could as well. The only thing is TH (I think it was TH) made a point about LC not posting meaning maybe he is silenced. I won't vote for someone who can't defend.

I'm still scouting others who may get my vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

If LC is silenced, I will postpone my vote for him until tomorrow, then, especially when my "case" amounts to a bunch of hunches about his usual m.o.

Of course, if he isn't silenced, he "will" be now, lol.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I agree with a lot of this.

How do you feel about DH and LC?
I have found DH to be genuine so far this game, though that could obviously mean nothing. I don't suspect him though I don't always agree with his approach.

I've stated my thoughts on LC before, and he hasn't really contributed enough the past two days for me to say anything more about him. He's one of the few players I have my eye on so far.
MovingPictures07 wrote:TH, I'm curious to hear whom else you'd be looking at today.
Very few. DF. I'd consider a vote for LC if he had been part of the discussion today. I feel good about more players than I feel bad about. The baddies are playing either very quiet or very slick. Or both.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

In fact I'm probably voting for DF today unless something else comes up or he says something that sways my opinion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, I am likely going to vote DF as well. Even though DH has topped my suspicion list, I'm most anxious about voting him of the three. LC is silenced and I did feel better about him for a while. DF is the only one I don't either feel anxious about voting or I really feel has adequately addressed the concerns I have about him.

That said, I am going to think on it more. But that's where I'm at right now.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Made wrote: Well that throws a giant monkey wrench in what I was thinking... are you allowed to say more?

Also, here was my thought before you said that (and the reason I voted dom on the wand poll...kinda confused on why people followed me on that but, w/e)
I think Dom is Indy, specifically Hatter. My guess is that there's a caveat in the hatter's role saying that if he forces someone to vote, he must also vote that way. I guess this could translate further and say that now has to do w/e action zeek has to?

This idea would be supported by the idea that Dom's Case on Boomslang was a weak one, something i haven't had time to look into yet.
Thoughts? I'm not sure how this theory would be affected by what Zeek must do.

Dinner, back either tomorrow or late tonight.
So, both Made and Zeek have been allowed to say that the Hatter is making them do things. This clears up Made a bit, or at least brings him back to neutral. I'm not sure I agree that Dom is the Hatter, though? Like, if your idea was the truth, why would he pick a scenario where he would be exposed so obviously? Unless you think Boomslang was, at the end of Day 1, seeming like he'd be the most likely lynch target on Day 2? That'd be an interesting backfire on Dom's part.

One thing, though, is that I doubt Epig would create the role in such a way that it would be so open to exposure with a bit of bad luck. But it's an interesting line of reasoning, anyway, even if I don't agree.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Re: Dom and your suspicions of me, I totally get it. Made seemed like the best spot for my vote, but I didn't want to post out of turn and give people points, AND I didn't end up ever having time to catch up enough to post anything worth saying, anyway. The case against Made was easy to follow with simple quick skimming, and so I voted him. I'm catching up now while I've got a rare day of peace (although I've got to go pick up the kids form school in less than an hour).
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:
Computer Lab, STLGirl hosted. I was bad with Kate, DP and I don't recall the third. Tranq was on the other bad team. I don't know that MP played that one. Kate was recruited, she won and I was not and did not. The recruit team was the Botnet.
Sorry, I'm posting as I read through individually now, but this made me LOL. This was the game where first I blatantly outed one person... canuckle maybe? and then I outed "Hey Man" by posting this video:

God, I really didn't understand the rules back then. :blush:
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:I think they are both better players than that, actually. As a planned strategy of avoidance, I dunno. And speaking of quiet, where is TH? He has not posted since before the night post. Could he be silenced? He was quiet-ish Day One. Then he was more vocal yesterday.

I would like to revisit the Day One lynch. So many people were so sure of Boomslang & DH. Then I butted in with my MM paranoia. I take the responsibility for the MM lynch. But what about everyones feelings about DH & Boom? Who was saving who? Anyone? No one?
My read of DH and his attackers on Day 1 was that DH was pushing some buttons, and some people chose to read that as a baddie action. I'm always at least a tiny bit pinged when someone with a big mafia persona gets looks on a Day 1. To me, DH was being DH, which, especially on a Day 1, indicates NOTHING of his alignment. So there were a few people, space daisy I think was one, who voted him and it surprised me. I didn't really digest the case against boomslang and don't have time go back and find it, so if someone can reiterate it for me that'd be great.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

zeek - Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!! As for your question about my concern for MP's sword votes, my concern wasn't because I thought he had baddie teammates voting him. I don't think a baddie team would have voted in a way that would have made it obvious that they were trying to place the prize in their hands. I think everyone that was around Rev's GTA mafia game would have pretty decent knowlege why that isn't the smart play. SVS, FH and I did something similar - FH won a prize when she was lynched as bad, SVS and I came tumbling down like a house of cards while our last teammate laughed at us for being so foolish.

The smarter move for the baddie to make is to vote someone who is gaining lots of civ credit and hope that earns them enough trust to maybe get it passed to them bts. It was why I was paranoid when I won the shield in the first champ game. I could only keep it for so long and once I passed it, I had no way of knowing if I passed it wisely till the very end of the game.

I think it's more than likely a baddie helped to put the sword in MP's hands. Just not sure which of the voters to look at. It's something to keep in mind as the game goes on though.

I have to say, lots of what timmer has said today makes sense - so it's easy to see how RL was the issue here and not nafarious things.

LC being silenced is troubling because the picture looks kinda grim for him. I can't vote for someone though untill I've at least had a chance to look at their side of things. Especially this early in the game.

There are some good points against DF as well. I've got time to wait so I'd like to hear back from him before I decide, but he's a strong vote contender for me today.

FZ - fwiw - I didn't think your logic on made was faulty at all. I'm just not very vocal. Didn't want you to think you were alone though. :)

Still very undecided on DH. None of my D1 feelings have really dissipated, but neither has my paranoia that I was just being overly jumpy D1.

I agree with you MP - I'd like to hear more from Russ and goosey as well. Add headgey and lorab to that list as well. :)

lol - I keep doing the linki dance wth timmer :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Dom wrote: TL;DR of Why I Suspect Boom
1) Boom singled out people who did not vote in the D0 post as possible lynch candidates. I asked why they might be bad. He said because more people voted than did not vote, there are more civvies in the people that voted. This tells us literally nothing and is not an actual reason. It doesn't make much sense. I pointed this out to him and I was pretty much ignored. That rose my suspicion.
2) Boom then said he was suspicious of INH for not posting. INH had not yet posted. INH could have been silenced. I asked him who he suspected and this is how he responded. That perked my brow big time. The only person he cared to lynch wasn't around to defend himself.
3) None of the questions I posed in this post were answered.

I will admit that I was shocked by how many people followed me on d1.
Scratch that, I found this. I HAD noticed that boomslang had happily agreed with llama about voting non-posters, and said so EARLY in Day 1. That is, indeed, a ping.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

and - yes - thank you for re-pointing that out timmer. And for pointing that out the first time. Boom has moved to my viable vote candidates too.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

zeek wrote:
sabie12 - I saw you were online last night but did not post (possibly didn't even come onto the thread), got anything to say?
This is problematic for me. Sable very quickly agreed with the idea of voting non-show-er-uppers, but has said NOTHING of substance since then. It's one thing to not be tuned it at all and to poke your head in now and then to say sorry, and a complete OTHER thing to be absent, barely post, but to jump in at the start of Day 1 and say "yeah, this is a good idea, let's look at these people".

If sable was indeed reading the thread, then she's a bigger ping for me.

But, how many silencers ARE there? Could sable and LC both be silenced? This is getting frustrating.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm, so I checked the roles. Two silencers. Both on a baddie team. How much you want to bet that LC and possibly sable are on opposite baddie teams and they were both silenced to avoid then getting voted today, ESPECIALLY Long Con.

Because let's look at this.

You are a baddie team. You have a silencer.

You want to silence someone to help your team survive another day unscathed. There are two ways to do this. ONE, if one of your team is in a bit of heat, silence them because you know that most players are reluctant to vote for someone who cannot defend themselves. TWO, if no one on your team is in trouble, choose someone to silence who has been playing a very pro-civ game and whose words you want to shut down. Also THREE, never silence anyone not on your team if they may be up for lynch because that is your goal, to get a person not on your team lynched.

No matter how I look at it, if both silencers are bad, Long Con being silenced is actually good evidence that he is indeed likely bad.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm, so SVS says she thinks TH is silenced. That's three people not posting (long con, sable, th) , only two silencers.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

But timmer, someone will be silenced every day... Will you say that every person who gets silenced is likely to be bad?

Linki: lol I'm right here ya goof :derp:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:So we are back to this? Two people several hours apart using the same not uncommon (in the USA) phrase must have BTSC? I don't have BTSC with Rey, nor do I have it with anyone else.

Maybe Rey thinks I am brilliant and awesome (not an unlikely supposition) and wants to emulate me in all things :) Or maybe it was a coincidence.
I'm not back to this. I never stopped thinking about it. Maybe your maybe is correct or maybe it was a coincidence. Or maybe not. But it is evidence.
I'm just going to weigh in on this Federal Case fiasco.

If SVS and rey had posted that phrase 1 minute apart, I would think it was maybe a sign of btsc. But it was quite far apart, wasn't it? Like, hours? I don't see evidence at that point. I see people wasting time discussing side issues instead of discussing who to lynch today.

Snow Dog, who is your #1 lynch target today?
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Who would silence Sabie? Puzzling.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, now I see TH is here. Catchup imminently complete.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Was LC really in that much danger of being lynched today in order to warrant his baddie team silencing him for protection?

Is it possible there is another situation at play where the baddies are hoping people think exactly what you are outlining? Not saying I disagree just looking at things from all sides.

linki - was going to point out that I thought TH had posted since SVS said that. And TH more eliquently said exactly everything I was going to say. Thanks for making me irrelivant TH. :p

More linki - dunno? A team who had no one better to go with?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Turnip Head wrote:But timmer, someone will be silenced every day... Will you say that every person who gets silenced is likely to be bad?

Linki: lol I'm right here ya goof :derp:
LOL, yeah here y'are.

I won't say that every time, no, but let's face it, silencing a teamie to save them a day is pretty common. There ARE other ways to look at it. Maybe DH is bad and his team took out of his main attackers. Maybe DH is good but the baddies felt by silencing LC they could make DH look bad. There ARE lots of ways to spin it. I can only judge from the pov of who I think looks bad to start with.

My main problem is, though, that is LC and sable aren't around, I need someone to vote for today. I see the points on boomslang but there isn't a lot there. I won't vote for DH. I need to read DF.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

But right now, I'm off to get the kiddies. I'll leave a vote on Boomslang for now since my older one's got a dentist appt but I should be back before deadline.
My siggie.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

In answer to timmer. I still don't know who my number 1 lynch target is. Might go for boomslang again.

So many people not posting. Has hedgie posted at all this game? And where is Mongoose or Lizzy?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

Well, I'm posting this from my phone before class and so have basically no time. But I agree with Timmer and his LC analysis.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by FZ. »

I find myself agreeing with almost everything that's been said in the last page or so and the following people: TH, Timmer, MP and Bea and zeek. I doubt we're all perceptive civvies who've found the baddies in LC, DF and DH. I wish that's the case, but experience has taught me, that when there's this consensus about who the top suspects are, it turns out bad...meaning one of those I agree with the most is just playing us. I wonder which of those I mentioned is going to be that baddie. For the time being, I find myself trusting those the most.

Both LC and DF have started out being my top suspects on day 1 and I backed off because with LC, his frustration with DH seemed like a civ frustration (the sort I find myself feeling when I'm wrongfully accused). With DF, the suspicions is still there, though not as strong, so I think that might be my preferred vote, but he's gaining a lot of suspicion lately, so I'm still thinking about it. Could be he's gaining it from the other baddie team though.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Alright, I really need to go to sleep so i can wake up so i can study for exams tomorrow. My phone died mid post, so i'm on my computer now. This will probably be my last check in before the vote.

I thought for sure DH was bad D2, but now i'm wavering. I'm pretty sure he's caught on to my vague hints so i'll say them in plain text now. A while ago, when playing Resistance, DH gave insight on to his mafia game. He made the point that Facts aren't nearly as important as narrative. A convincing story explaining the reasoning why someone does something is enough to lynch. Story first, facts second. This was cemented by his vague references to Misfits. I thought DH was taunting me in a "I'm doing this, now freak out" kind of way. Wanting me to flip out so people think i'm mafia for flipping out.

Thing throwing me off however is how he's acted night 2 day 3. Just jabs at me, but in a way that seems subdued, as if he's watching someone. While I could wait for the big reveal, at this point i'm more ready to believe he's just waiting for an easy lynch or slip to capitalize on.

As for the Dom theory, I suppose i'll let that go because a role that could be discovered so quickly is quite absurd, however i'm still confident hat has something else going for him
timmer wrote: You want to silence someone to help your team survive another day unscathed. There are two ways to do this. ONE, if one of your team is in a bit of heat, silence them because you know that most players are reluctant to vote for someone who cannot defend themselves. TWO, if no one on your team is in trouble, choose someone to silence who has been playing a very pro-civ game and whose words you want to shut down. Also THREE, never silence anyone not on your team if they may be up for lynch because that is your goal, to get a person not on your team lynched.

No matter how I look at it, if both silencers are bad, Long Con being silenced is actually good evidence that he is indeed likely bad.
I can't see one or three Timmer. I don't think there was enough suspicion for either of them to warrant it day 2. I also don't understand how point two makes them bad.
Also, if that is you in your profile picture, you are incredibly attractive.

Lots of linki, will read tomorrow. I need to sleep. probably won't be back till after school tomorrow, but that's probably a lie because addiction.
*Voting DH for manipulativeness*
Pov: you reading my takes
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

A thousand apologies. I'm far busier than I anticipated I would be. I'll try to get myself on track ASAP

Linki - Dang Made. Dang..
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

Going to put my vote on slang for now. I may change it. Probably will knowing me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:Hmm, so SVS says she thinks TH is silenced. That's three people not posting (long con, sable, th) , only two silencers.
That was before TH started posting again. I thought LC posted once after the NP that was why I asked about when zeek got his PM. Why would someone silence Sabie? It isn't like she posts much to begin with.

I noticed that DF post TH quoted about Llama being confirmed and it got my eye too. Besides the reasons TH mentioned,that "Confirmed" seemed a bit overkill to me.

MP, not sure re DH. What swayed me was the last time he acted like this re me was in Gotham, and he was a civ. So leery of him, but not ready to vote for him.

I see some of the same folks talking voting for Boom. Bea & Juliet's, other than, "What he said" can you tell me why? Having read Dom's case, it was a better Day 1 vote than I thought, but I am not sure it holds up as a Day 3 vote. I thought he sounded fairly sincere today.

For now gonna voyte *Faraday* and can change when I get home if need be.

Oh and MM said votes were changeable after someone asked and he had already voted.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:I find myself agreeing with almost everything that's been said in the last page or so and the following people: TH, Timmer, MP and Bea and zeek. I doubt we're all perceptive civvies who've found the baddies in LC, DF and DH. I wish that's the case, but experience has taught me, that when there's this consensus about who the top suspects are, it turns out bad...meaning one of those I agree with the most is just playing us. I wonder which of those I mentioned is going to be that baddie. For the time being, I find myself trusting those the most.
This is exactly how I'm feeling at the moment as well, with the exception of Zeek who I've picked up no vibes from. These are all reasonable people, especially when they're civvies, so maybe the fact that we're all in agreement is a good thing. But I'm sure there's at least one baddie out there who's already fooled me.

The other thing I want to say... I don't agree with the DH suspicion, and Timmer doesn't have an opinion on DF yet it seems. I think LC is the only suspect that all of the above people you mentioned have agreed upon.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Has Roxy posted this day? Maybe she was silenced
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:I find myself agreeing with almost everything that's been said in the last page or so and the following people: TH, Timmer, MP and Bea and zeek. I doubt we're all perceptive civvies who've found the baddies in LC, DF and DH. I wish that's the case, but experience has taught me, that when there's this consensus about who the top suspects are, it turns out bad...meaning one of those I agree with the most is just playing us. I wonder which of those I mentioned is going to be that baddie. For the time being, I find myself trusting those the most.
This is exactly how I'm feeling at the moment as well, with the exception of Zeek who I've picked up no vibes from. These are all reasonable people, especially when they're civvies, so maybe the fact that we're all in agreement is a good thing. But I'm sure there's at least one baddie out there who's already fooled me.

The other thing I want to say... I don't agree with the DH suspicion, and Timmer doesn't have an opinion on DF yet it seems. I think LC is the only suspect that all of the above people you mentioned have agreed upon.
Oh, okay. Not sure what to think of DH myself. What Made said about him was interesting, but I can't say I feel comfortable voting for him either at this stage
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy posted yesterday, and I was wrong about LC. His last post was before the NP.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

SVS my additional ping about Boomslang came because he pointed out not once but twice that I had made a civ aligned statement and therefore had a target on my back. This makes no sense to me - it's like he's pointing at me when if he is a civ, he should just be cool and silent. I really don't understand why he brought it up again after I explained once. This really pinged me in addition to what others have said.

I'm also looking at DF for a possible vote, and LC if I come to believe he's not silenced.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by reywaS »

Made wrote:ReywaS, I'm assuming that the shaking head means you aren't allowed to edit post or quote only part of a message?
;)
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will still likely vote DF, but I'm open to consideration. I just don't feel confident enough that DH is anything other than being DH, even if he has made me wary multiple times, and LC is clearly silenced.

juliets wrote:SVS my additional ping about Boomslang came because he pointed out not once but twice that I had made a civ aligned statement and therefore had a target on my back. This makes no sense to me - it's like he's pointing at me when if he is a civ, he should just be cool and silent. I really don't understand why he brought it up again after I explained once. This really pinged me in addition to what others have said.

I'm also looking at DF for a possible vote, and LC if I come to believe he's not silenced.
Here's my problem with the suspicion on Boomslang.

Many of those who have suspected him have seemed to do so, IMO, because they disagree with things he has said or think that things he has said have been illogical. Problem is, practically every game I've seen him play, this is always the reason he gets lynched. It's hard to say since he doesn't have a very long history of playing mafia -- last game he played was WWE, over a year ago.

Juliets, what benefit would he have in saying that to you if he were baddie?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If someone can correct me re: Boomslang, I'm all ears. But frankly, while I have no idea what his alignment is, he has consistently read genuine to me and I do NOT get the suspicion on him at all.

The only things that have made me nervous about Boomslang are a lack of suspects/baddie hunting and his ignoring of answering certain questions/posts occasionally.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks JC I have not totally caught up, I missed that. And I think LC is prolly silenced, with his name being bandied about, I think he would have posted by now. Hard to tell who else might be. We have had both low posters and vote kissers :(

And Rey, are you allowed to vote?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lol autocorrect FTL, vote MISSERS.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If someone can correct me re: Boomslang, I'm all ears. But frankly, while I have no idea what his alignment is, he has consistently read genuine to me and I do NOT get the suspicion on him at all.

The only things that have made me nervous about Boomslang are a lack of suspects/baddie hunting and his ignoring of answering certain questions/posts occasionally.
I agree.
MP, you said earlier in the game that you trust Rey, right? Or was it Russ? Has any of that changed?
I get that Rey is manipulated somehow, but he can do what he's doing now for posts of people he thinks are bad. I mean there's a way to baddie hunt even in that situation, and I don't see him doing so. All he's doing is posting replies to things that concern him
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I admit you make a good point there MP. What does he have to gain? Pointing it out to the other team he is not a part of? I don't know, it just struck me all kinds of wrong. I have only played one game with him though so it's news to me he gets lynched for the things you point out. That's a big consideration I have to take into account.

I have reviewed the case on DF and if I decide not to vote Boomslang based on your points here I will probably vote for him. It seems that everyone has mentioned DH so I'll say the DH I see in this game is the DH I associate with civ DH. Unless something else happens I'm not likely to vote for him today or in future days. Let me reiterate "unless something happens" or if i find something in the past I slid right over that becomes important.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If someone can correct me re: Boomslang, I'm all ears. But frankly, while I have no idea what his alignment is, he has consistently read genuine to me and I do NOT get the suspicion on him at all.

I agree.
MP, you said earlier in the game that you trust Rey, right? Or was it Russ? Has any of that changed?
I get that Rey is manipulated somehow, but he can do what he's doing now for posts of people he thinks are bad. I mean there's a way to baddie hunt even in that situation, and I don't see him doing so. All he's doing is posting replies to things that concern him
It was rey, yeah. Really it's just because all of the posts he has made have come across as genuine to me.

That said, I was looking VERY much forward to hearing what he had to say today, especially re: suspects.

I understand what you're saying, but if in his position why not just wait until the curse is over? How much can you really say about someone? And we don't know what his curse stipulations say.

Not defending him, but I don't see anything wrong with giving him until N3 or D4 to see what he thinks.

Do you suspect him?

And I have no opinion of Russ, though I really want to hear from him. Especially since he voted for me N2 for the wand but didn't really explain it.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Congrats, zeek! That's amazing news!

I want everyone to know I survived the Birthday Curse. Mostly because there wasn't a lynch or NK yesterday, but I still feel like I dodged a bullet.

Sorry all, I have been more occupied lately than I anticipated. The poll time is also proving tough, since I work 8-5 and then have to Skype my girlfriend before she goes to sleep. So I'm mostly logging on just around when things are ending.

Anyway, I'll try catching up as much as I can over the next few days. I've been able to read about a page at a time, but you're all posting about 5 :P.

As far as thoughts for now, I'm leaning Boomslang. It looks to me like zeek (I think?) cleared Made, and I'm inclined to give DH a bit more time to be DH before I decide on him. Boomslang has been known to be rightly lynched early, iirc. (At the very least he's done it once, in MOTU.) He also wanted to lynch non-participants Day 1, which is always a major potential baddie move in my book.

However, I admit to ignorance of what the case on DF is. So if someone could be so kind as to enlighten me before the poll ends I'll consider that as well when I log back on from Skyping.

*placeholder (and potentially final vote) for Boomslang*

Linki: Gaah let me post!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:I admit you make a good point there MP. What does he have to gain? Pointing it out to the other team he is not a part of? I don't know, it just struck me all kinds of wrong. I have only played one game with him though so it's news to me he gets lynched for the things you point out. That's a big consideration I have to take into account.

I have reviewed the case on DF and if I decide not to vote Boomslang based on your points here I will probably vote for him. It seems that everyone has mentioned DH so I'll say the DH I see in this game is the DH I associate with civ DH. Unless something else happens I'm not likely to vote for him today or in future days. Let me reiterate "unless something happens" or if i find something in the past I slid right over that becomes important.
Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I see why it caught your attention as odd, but I just don't personally feel the leap to suspicious. But who knows? I could be defending a baddie Boomslang all this time.

Personally, just knowing him RL and having seen him in practically every game he's ever played, I just have not had any reason to suspect him yet. I felt nervous about him not baddie hunting enough, but that's really about it. But that's just my read on him.

That's interesting re: your read of DH as civ DH. I'll take that into consideration.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:Congrats, zeek! That's amazing news!

I want everyone to know I survived the Birthday Curse. Mostly because there wasn't a lynch or NK yesterday, but I still feel like I dodged a bullet.

Sorry all, I have been more occupied lately than I anticipated. The poll time is also proving tough, since I work 8-5 and then have to Skype my girlfriend before she goes to sleep. So I'm mostly logging on just around when things are ending.

Anyway, I'll try catching up as much as I can over the next few days. I've been able to read about a page at a time, but you're all posting about 5 :P.

As far as thoughts for now, I'm leaning Boomslang. It looks to me like zeek (I think?) cleared Made, and I'm inclined to give DH a bit more time to be DH before I decide on him. Boomslang has been known to be rightly lynched early, iirc. (At the very least he's done it once, in MOTU.) He also wanted to lynch non-participants Day 1, which is always a major potential baddie move in my book.

However, I admit to ignorance of what the case on DF is. So if someone could be so kind as to enlighten me before the poll ends I'll consider that as well when I log back on from Skyping.

*placeholder (and potentially final vote) for Boomslang*

Linki: Gaah let me post!
That's interesting... :ponder:

You know Boomslang RL like I do, why did you vote for him? You said he wanted to lynch non-participants D1, is that the only reason?

The case on DF... TH had some really well illustrated points, and I've been saying for a while that his D1 vote for MM smelled opportunistic, and his refusal to comment on either LC or DH even though he previously said he was wary of DH seemed odd to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Additionally, DF's suspicion of Made struck as equally opportunistic, and his most recent sentiment is that Made is still a suspect for acting "weird" even though he says he's less suspicious.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If I did this right here is TH's case on DF: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 85#p106185

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”