Don't Starve Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Okay, once more, and this time with feeling.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:00 pm

Belzy
No votes
falcon45ca
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
25%
Lime Coke
33%
motobot
17%
Porscha
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Seanzie
No votes
Zenon
No votes
Dragonfly (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Total votes: 12
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: Don't Starve Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:30 pm Seanzie and Martin are both wolfy
Tell me more about both of us please.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Creature wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:40 pm Yawn

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine
I feel like I'm the loudest voice pushing for Ricochet, and you seem to be scumreading me. How does that factor into your vote here?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:54 pm That's what I've not been seeing from you...just a general short list of ain't voting for today.

Perhaps I've missed it?
The closest thing to a comprehensive list I have posted is this. I've primarily been working within dialogues about single or smaller groups of players, so it may not always be consolidated that neatly. But it's there.

Otherwise I'm not sure what you referred to in your other comment, unless you mean full-scale associative reads charting. That's something I would like to attempt this day phase. I'd do it every day, but it's a ton of work (especially in a bigger game like this one). I don't always have the time or frankly the desire.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Could anyone that suspects Rico please just summarize their gripes? A single sentence would be super.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:17 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:56 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm rico - imo towny via tone, towny attempt at solving despite him mowing down my towncore
tell me about the tone if you can describe it
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm lime coke - i dont see why he's town
expand on this if you can as well

fmpov lime coke has been preety decent if not lean town
rico - he seems confident that he knows what he's doing

lime coke - i can't. i dont see anything. thats why i dont see him being town
Reason why I asked is that, if I recall from memory correctly, Rico doesn't have much in the tone department but his progression and case on Scotty is decent enough that I can see it from a town perspective even if I have problems with it (biggest problem in particular was how he seemed to have issue with Scotty had "flat" pushes but IMO its typical of some towns to push more than a few buttons on d1 to get the game and solving going, and I don't see Rico giving that benefit of doubt that I would).

As for Lime, I think his tone has been fairly good at times. I think this post (link) is among the better examples. The fact that you say Rico has good tone while Lime (through omission you communicate that) doesn't have that is kinda the opposite of where I am on those two slots. Is there some other reason holding you back on Lime Coke?
Meh.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:12 pm
You have an axe named Lucy. You do not need to pick “wood.” You always have wood.

If you are lynched on an Odd Day, you will transform into a Werebeaver. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance at Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.
Assuming Scotty was responsible for one of the kills, it had to be Vivax. S~V~S didn't have her vote on him at EOD.
Makes sense Scotty would kill his CW that's just good play.

D1 was T v T and a claimed doc who's hard defending the best player in this PL is still alive?

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's at least one in Tutuu JJJ cause that just doesn't track for me but I'm not gonna hard push it.

I will vote: Tutuu though.
tutuu claimed that both she and I would be protected (see claim), and I received notice to verify that at least for myself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I went to go vote Martin, but they aren't in the poll. I then realized I didn't vote Rico in the poll, so I am now voting Rico in the poll.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:19 am Could anyone that suspects Rico please just summarize their gripes? A single sentence would be super.
I literally did that like 3 posts before this one. Are you reading me, or?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:49 pm Talk to me about Neon plz, cuz I'm having troubles finding them as town
I think she decently resembles the town version of her that I saw in champs this season, primarily by way of interrogative chutzpah, and also her skepticism of people she thinks are being too widely town read (especially tutuu), and her exasperation about feeling ignored. I acknowledge the appeal to emotion in the last bit, but I don't really care about that.

Do you have specific concerns about her?
I actually don't really understand how feeling frustrated that I personally felt ignored at EoD is AtE
I know sometimes that term comes with a negative connotation, so no slight was intended. It's only "AtE" if you're mafia and milking it to dissuade suspicion, so add "potential for" after "acknowledge the" in my post. I don't get that impression though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:24 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:19 am Could anyone that suspects Rico please just summarize their gripes? A single sentence would be super.
I literally did that like 3 posts before this one. Are you reading me, or?
I've been answering some unrelated questions and saw that the topic of Rico was being discussed. I'll go check what you said.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:13 am Rico I've read their ISO like 3 times and honestly aside from a few very small examples, I cannot tell what they're thinking about the players they are discussing. Maybe I am just having trouble understanding them, but I also see this from people who are good at scum sometimes, speaking in such a way that can be interpreted later however they want. The one place they seem to take a strong stance on was Scotty, but that was something that was a "nosescratcing" post early on, and only once Rico was a viable wagon does he push hard there.
My impression of Rico is that he has tried to provide nuance and take care about the way he discusses the things he discusses in a similar way to myself. I believe there are takes in there; they just don't always come in that succinct "town read/mafia read" format. I cannot point to a specific example off-hand though, so I will consider what you've said when I review Rico today. I intend to review everyone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:28 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:13 am Rico I've read their ISO like 3 times and honestly aside from a few very small examples, I cannot tell what they're thinking about the players they are discussing. Maybe I am just having trouble understanding them, but I also see this from people who are good at scum sometimes, speaking in such a way that can be interpreted later however they want. The one place they seem to take a strong stance on was Scotty, but that was something that was a "nosescratcing" post early on, and only once Rico was a viable wagon does he push hard there.
My impression of Rico is that he has tried to provide nuance and take care about the way he discusses the things he discusses in a similar way to myself. I believe there are takes in there; they just don't always come in that succinct "town read/mafia read" format. I cannot point to a specific example off-hand though, so I will consider what you've said when I review Rico today. I intend to review everyone.
If you can find a specific example, I'd appreciate it. I've read their ISO like 4 times now and every time it feels like they're just recapping. The closest thing I could find to a real take was their earlygame take on Vivax where he disagreed with your scumread there, but then Vivax randomly became Rico's strongest scumread and idk why. @Ricochet

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gonna start ISOing everyone while I have some time. I may prioritize the people in the poll. That doesn't exonerate Rondo or Martin, but I don't want to spend my finite playing resources on people that cannot be voted for. If time permits I'll cover them too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:23 am I went to go vote Martin, but they aren't in the poll. I then realized I didn't vote Rico in the poll, so I am now voting Rico in the poll.
How in the world did I drop so far (link)?

I swear it seems like people are voting (or trying to vote) me for any reason. At first it was vivax and someone I've not played with before. Next its a bunch of people who think, under the circumstances, I'm the best wagon. Then comes in Creature who I've played somewhat a long while back and get told that I'm not being obvious enough and underwhelming. Now its Seanzie who semi-strongly read me back on day 1 but then suddenly sparta kicks me further down the list than he has for Rico.

The only real highlight in that department is the someone had seemingly the impressive foresight of this happening and removed me from the poll for (I presume) a time.

I'm getting a bit frazzled at this game tbh. Not like actually upset at the game but if a few of these people suspecting me are town then that's kinda frustrating in a negative-WIM way. The lows and simplicity of the suspicions also just make it difficult to discern which one are the wolves because I find them all equally baseless.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Belzy ISO

Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:16 am Hi all, just checking.
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:09 pm Tutuu is leading wagon, but also a (top) town read by many - how did this happen?
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:14 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:42 pm
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:09 pm Tutuu is leading wagon, but also a (top) town read by many - how did this happen?
Hey Belzy, about how much of the thread have you read so far?
Close to nothing. Moslty I looked at ppl's readlist.
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:15 pm
Okay, thanks for answering. Did you poke around looking for reads lists in particular?
I cannot read 1k posts rn. So colourful read list get my attention.
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:18 pm
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:16 pm I cannot read 1k posts rn. So colourful read list get my attention.
Understandable! I'll let you absorb the game at your own pace.
Thank you. I need to do a d1 raincheck. During n1 I can catch up.

There isn't much to say here, so I won't dwell. Belzy hasn't begun to play yet, essentially. They'll remain in any POE so long as that persists, but they already indicated that they will get involved. So cool beans. I gave them one basic prompt to respond to, and their responses were exactly fine. Belzy is the definition of "rand" -- I have little overt suspicion, but they're POE.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:03 am
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:50 pm Wait, I've been ghost voted?

By fuckin Martin & tutuu?

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
IDK tutuu's specific reasons but I thought you were having trouble getting into the game while not wanting to say it

Your reason for TRing Seanzie in particular kinda felt LAMIST ("look at me I am so town") because a major part of that is contingent on the belief that you, yourself, is town. Post link here. I can understand a low-level or throw-away read, as is generally given by some towns on d1 or when they're slanking, but I generally don't see it in a form where its connected to one's own alignment.

Seanzie after that read you positively though, which is interesting. I'm currently waiting on others to join the thread and see what they say, and whether the weigh in on you. Among other things.
If I am thinking of the same thing you are, Falcon and I had a similar start-of-game experience with not knowing the game was going on and having a hard time catching up, and he townread me for it. Personally I think it NAI, but meh.

before that

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:19 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:03 am

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
IDK tutuu's specific reasons but I thought you were having trouble getting into the game while not wanting to say it

Your reason for TRing Seanzie in particular kinda felt LAMIST ("look at me I am so town") because a major part of that is contingent on the belief that you, yourself, is town. Post link here. I can understand a low-level or throw-away read, as is generally given by some towns on d1 or when they're slanking, but I generally don't see it in a form where its connected to one's own alignment.

Seanzie after that read you positively though, which is interesting. I'm currently waiting on others to join the thread and see what they say, and whether the weigh in on you. Among other things.
You don't see how one town player had the near identical experience re: entering the game, lack of ping, finding out late your alignment in the same manner, etc, as another player...and thus giving a TR on said player...you find that suspect?

OK, I guess I can see some sus...but to what end? Like, am.I trying to pocket Sean? Is Sean someone with enough thread presence that it would be worth trying to pocket?

Given Sean & I's play history, and how he treats my slot I'm general, I can assure you it would be a useless gesture. You can ask him if you like.

I still don't see why that equates to you SR my slot, at least enough for a vote...have you even mentioned me prior to this recent interaction? (Which I engaged btw)

Why the naked vote?
I don't like this from Falcon, because while sure I wasn't the most active yesterday, I am definitely a player that can be loud and influential and able to create wagons on who I choose. I know people throw around Alison and Mac as those who can create big wagons, but I've caught numerous people, hardpushing the thread to create wagons out of nowhere, both socially and through mech.

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:43 amIf I am thinking of the same thing you are, Falcon and I had a similar start-of-game experience with not knowing the game was going on and having a hard time catching up, and he townread me for it. Personally I think it NAI, but meh.
I don't hold my belief over it anymore since my conversation with Falcon, but I thought you may have seen it suspicious for that discrepancy and that he seemed to explain that discrepancy away by mentioning his own alignment.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:43 ambefore that

Although the timing (6 minutes) was perhaps too close for you to have taken it into consideration, now that I looked at the timestamps too. Just because you read them before with that doesn't mean you haven't taken anything new into consideration as well. This was what I was referring to when I said "after that".
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I think I'm gonna take a break.

I'll be back reading the thread in like 12-14 hours and then be posting again or whatever soon after.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:41 am Belzy ISO

Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:16 am Hi all, just checking.
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:15 pm
Okay, thanks for answering. Did you poke around looking for reads lists in particular?
I cannot read 1k posts rn. So colourful read list get my attention.
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:18 pm
Belzy wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:16 pm I cannot read 1k posts rn. So colourful read list get my attention.
Understandable! I'll let you absorb the game at your own pace.
Thank you. I need to do a d1 raincheck. During n1 I can catch up.

There isn't much to say here, so I won't dwell. Belzy hasn't begun to play yet, essentially. They'll remain in any POE so long as that persists, but they already indicated that they will get involved. So cool beans. I gave them one basic prompt to respond to, and their responses were exactly fine. Belzy is the definition of "rand" -- I have little overt suspicion, but they're POE.
I'd like to hear what you have to say re:my post about Rico.

Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Porscha »

@tutuu hey I need you to solve the game so I can sheep you
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

god I forgot I have to click the thing

@tutuu look up
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Creature ISO

Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:32 pm Please don't mislynch me for just not posting
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:32 pm I was planning to post tonight or whenever I got time for it
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm search.php?author_id=648&t=2527

I got mislynched for the same reason in Art Upick and I still ended up voting a wolf right
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:34 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:28 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:22 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:20 pm No I missed that. Yikes.

Please don't tell me it was becasue of that ^^ lol I'll be annoyed that I'll have no choice but to take that into account lol
nah he aint scotty just mad we voting for 0 posting creature
Thanks :cloud9: , I just searched the thread for Creature, and found some people *thinking* Creature could be bad, but no outing that I saw.

K really shower dinner
How can I be bad for 0 posting?

Like, I always try to post something as wolf and if I am 0 posting it almost always mean I am genuinely busy and hence it's completely NAI
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:35 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:32 pm I was planning to post tonight or whenever I got time for it
There's the man/beast/monster/thing of the hour!

Is it true that you prefer to ghost when you're bad because you hate it?
I tend to ghost only under pressure

I don't ghost from the get go
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:35 pm especially because that would go against the spirits and I would get in trouble if I just ghosted my wolf games
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:37 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:36 pm ok i changed my vote to [VOTE: bezly] aubergine #forscotty

ideally i keep making creature squirm to make him spew alignment but id feel bad even tho its just a game
I don't intentionally 0 post as wolf

If I was wolf and not busy I would've already posted something

but I am busy

so I zeroposted

and it's entirely NAI
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:37 pm Don't make a fool of yourself like Art Upick town

I would call all of this material NAI. I have no grievance with Creature applying self-meta reads here, and he probably has more reason than most given his widely recognized reputation (whether it is dated or not) for being "polarized" by volume. Nonetheless, none of this makes him town.

Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:40 pm Hmm Belzy didn't post either

Why are you voting zeroposters?
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:41 pm Scotty also feels town, but I don't know exactly how his wolfgame looks like
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:56 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:52 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:35 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:33 pm
There's the man/beast/monster/thing of the hour!

Is it true that you prefer to ghost when you're bad because you hate it?
I tend to ghost only under pressure

I don't ghost from the get go
Appreciate the honesty.

Do you think any of the players that voted you (tutuu > falcon > vivax) did so with opportunistic agenda or intent?
I don't know

tutuu admitted he's just fucking with you

falcon and Vivax might be doing the level 0 read of "creature not posting = wolf" when that's clearly untrue

but aorn Seanzie's two posts look worse

I wonder if he's just as busy as I am
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:57 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:54 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:46 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:42 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:29 pm @Seanzie COME HERE FAST
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:45 am [VOTE: Red Mushroom] aubergine
Is Seanzie okay?
Seems pretty standard Seanzie. Stares into space for 12 hours and then does some shrooms in the corner
I thought Seanzie would've done something already as town

but maybe he's just as busy or legitimately doesn't care about this game
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:57 pm It doesn't feel like anyone is taking this game seriously
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:03 pm [VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine

but I am not done here
Creature wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:05 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:28 pm WAIT JJJ is playing!?
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:29 pm Hey JJJ wanna be buddies again and slam the competition? Mason time?
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:31 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:29 pm Hey JJJ wanna be buddies again and slam the competition? Mason time?
If you do your thing, my good Rondo, then I suspect we'll end up slamming by default. :nicenod:
Pocket accepted
This looks too buddying

These posts I liked more on initial inspection. To my memory, the way town Creature interacts with a game thread, beyond his token brand of discontent, is to dump a can of marbles onto it and let them splay about at random until they settle in wherever they may. The marbles are his reads, replies, and general gamestate commentary. They are unordered but authentic. And I think these posts have that appearance.

I'll acknowledge that this might present a low "how hard is this to fake" barrier, so if anyone gripes with this particular view -- please say so. It's still my prevailing perspective.

That's the majority of his Day 1. Today he has opened with two yawns and votes for Martin ("vote" in that case) and Rico. I don't believe Creature has previously discussed Rico, so that'd be a good thing to do. Expand on that vote please.

~~~

Overall I am left with vibes. I think Creature feels fine and little beyond that. Vaguely town.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I was gonna laugh at you guys for voting scotty off but then I saw he had less votes than vivax and still died so I don't get that
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:00 am I'd like to hear what you have to say re:my post about Rico.
I can provide a more complete answer when I review Rico properly. I think Vivax and Scotty are the most apparent examples of Rico providing tangible perspectives though. Scotty was the most overt and unambiguous. Vivax wasn't as clear, but I do believe an overall message resembling "I see some of your grievances with Vivax, JJJ, though I don't feel as strongly or agree in the case of this/that post" is a perspective that carries meaning. As for the development of his Vivax read, I will need to dig in and absorb to determine how I feel.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:39 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:23 am I went to go vote Martin, but they aren't in the poll. I then realized I didn't vote Rico in the poll, so I am now voting Rico in the poll.
How in the world did I drop so far (link)?

I swear it seems like people are voting (or trying to vote) me for any reason. At first it was vivax and someone I've not played with before. Next its a bunch of people who think, under the circumstances, I'm the best wagon. Then comes in Creature who I've played somewhat a long while back and get told that I'm not being obvious enough and underwhelming. Now its Seanzie who semi-strongly read me back on day 1 but then suddenly sparta kicks me further down the list than he has for Rico.

The only real highlight in that department is the someone had seemingly the impressive foresight of this happening and removed me from the poll for (I presume) a time.

I'm getting a bit frazzled at this game tbh. Not like actually upset at the game but if a few of these people suspecting me are town then that's kinda frustrating in a negative-WIM way. The lows and simplicity of the suspicions also just make it difficult to discern which one are the wolves because I find them all equally baseless.
That Lime Coke post you're claiming has good tone is awkward and wolfy AF. Apparently I misread your post though because for some reason I thought you were saying Rico also had good tone, but you weren't.
MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:52 am
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:43 amIf I am thinking of the same thing you are, Falcon and I had a similar start-of-game experience with not knowing the game was going on and having a hard time catching up, and he townread me for it. Personally I think it NAI, but meh.
I don't hold my belief over it anymore since my conversation with Falcon, but I thought you may have seen it suspicious for that discrepancy and that he seemed to explain that discrepancy away by mentioning his own alignment.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:43 ambefore that

Although the timing (6 minutes) was perhaps too close for you to have taken it into consideration, now that I looked at the timestamps too. Just because you read them before with that doesn't mean you haven't taken anything new into consideration as well. This was what I was referring to when I said "after that".
I thought 935 and 937 were post numbers, but those are two Tutuu posts (222) that don't seem relevant to what we were discussing.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Porscha wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:04 am I was gonna laugh at you guys for voting scotty off but then I saw he had less votes than vivax and still died so I don't get that
Vivax ate food, Scotty didn't, so I'm guessing it went to rand and Scotty lost the rand.

Or someone has vote manipulation, but that doesn't seem fruitful to explore right now since there is a viable explanation.

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 234

Post by Ricochet »

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:13 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:04 am I was gonna laugh at you guys for voting scotty off but then I saw he had less votes than vivax and still died so I don't get that
Vivax ate food, Scotty didn't, so I'm guessing it went to rand and Scotty lost the rand.

Or someone has vote manipulation, but that doesn't seem fruitful to explore right now since there is a viable explanation.
they laughed at me for picking food. we'll see who has the last laugh (and isn't hungry)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:08 am That Lime Coke post you're claiming has good tone is awkward and wolfy AF. Apparently I misread your post though because for some reason I thought you were saying Rico also had good tone, but you weren't.
Yeah no a big part of the reason I was inquiring about it was the claim that Rico had good tone, while Tutuu had basically nothing going for Lime Coke (whom I thought had actual good tone at times). Rico has dropped off a bit in my evaluation once you pointed out he could be doing IIOA, which could reasonably explain away some of the "pros" I had in mind for Rico's Scotty case.

I don't think Lime's post is wolfy. Its a bit twtbaw I suppose, but really I think its quite upfront and I think wolves don't do that in general. Sometimes as town I too will use the "it is what it is" that lime coke does with
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:15 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:14 pm Yeah, you’re right. This is a pretty shallow list. My vote on you isn’t actually a joke vote
It is.

I can't get my mind into this game that much, which is kinda rough.

I'm doing what I can though.
And honestly, I partially read it as towny because it fits my imagination that he's probably unconfident in his reads to some extent. In our champs game about a month ago or so he had heavily TR'ed two wolves (one of them me) and had heavily SR'ed the last wolf but got convinced off of it by people in the game. Heck I suspect he'll have some difficulty with me because of that game.
Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:08 am I thought 935 and 937 were post numbers, but those are two Tutuu posts (222) that don't seem relevant to what we were discussing.

With links this time.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i'm so bad at reading brad I think something sounds towny and the convince myself he could just do the same shit as a wolf and then we get to f3 together and lose
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

dang it really do be dead in here when i'm tryna real time fr
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:22 am
You have an axe named Lucy. You do not need to pick “wood.” You always have wood.

If you are lynched on an Odd Day, you will transform into a Werebeaver. Before succumbing to death, you will have one chance at Night to kill someone who voted for you. You are not required to kill anyone.
Assuming Scotty was responsible for one of the kills, it had to be Vivax. S~V~S didn't have her vote on him at EOD.

D1 was T v T and a claimed doc who's hard defending the best player in this PL is still alive?

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's at least one in Tutuu JJJ cause that just doesn't track for me but I'm not gonna hard push it.

tutuu claimed that both she and I would be protected (see claim), and I received notice to verify that at least for myself.
So tutuu is immortal?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Seems... extremely unlikely. I guess the ability could be one shot maybe.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

If it's nightly I simply do not believe it's town aligned

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

ask and I shall receive a zenon
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:59 am If it's nightly I simply do not believe it's town aligned
did she not say it was once
☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:25 am
Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:26 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:49 pm Talk to me about Neon plz, cuz I'm having troubles finding them as town
I think she decently resembles the town version of her that I saw in champs this season, primarily by way of interrogative chutzpah, and also her skepticism of people she thinks are being too widely town read (especially tutuu), and her exasperation about feeling ignored. I acknowledge the appeal to emotion in the last bit, but I don't really care about that.

Do you have specific concerns about her?
I actually don't really understand how feeling frustrated that I personally felt ignored at EoD is AtE
I know sometimes that term comes with a negative connotation, so no slight was intended. It's only "AtE" if you're mafia and milking it to dissuade suspicion, so add "potential for" after "acknowledge the" in my post. I don't get that impression though.
Fair. I get accused of AtE constantly for having emotions and not hiding them. This game there were times where yeah I accept I went overboard but in a lot of games it upsets me that I'm viewed negatively just for being myself

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I tried to save him

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Also Unvote

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:59 am ask and I shall receive a zenon
UwU

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:01 am
Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:59 am If it's nightly I simply do not believe it's town aligned
I don't fucking know I skipped like 1000 posts.

Okay it was probably not that much but it was like a lot

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Zenon wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:04 am
Porscha wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:01 am
I don't fucking know I skipped like 1000 posts.

Okay it was probably not that much but it was like a lot
I havent read a ton of the game either lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

also in the post jjj quoted tutuu does not specifically say it's once, so I guess I was just making that up

but there's no way it's every night
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

zenon who did you vote for yesterday
die_meatbaby
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: DMB

Post by die_meatbaby »

[VOTE: Vote: wood] aubergine
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 387

Post by tutuu »

I was unkillable
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@MartinGG99 @tutuu

What's up?
I dont have particular reasons to think ur scum, im just not finding you as town here, I have a bunch of people im not finding as town and im trying to decide who im voting for. I have no real scumread
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:40 am While I do fairly positively read Tutuu, it did bother me earlier that after the mildest contention over one of their SRs they just gave me an IDK. On my right hand, the one I solve with more, I really don't see a wolf doing that. Like it takes guts to just wave your hands in the air with nothing when being engaged directly with evidence given. On my left hand, the one I use less to solve with, I didn't find it very pro-town answer and one that was given rather quickly.

Tutuu I don't believe is going to be in contention for who I put on my sights today. But I felt it worth noting in my ISO in severe case I have to re-evaluate a Tutuu in the future.
Jjj can confirm that him and i were protected from mafia NK specifically with the fire mechanic. Which doesnt stop town kills. It only stops mafia kills. My role is confirmed unless im wolves with Jay. And im town unless u think Epi made a scum role that protects peope from scum NK
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:24 pm die_meatbaby - no comment
porscha - sean GOAT claimed godread
martin - imo town for d1 item choice + i love everything he's doing. all of his solving, tone, everything
zenon - no comment
jjj - imo town for d1 item choice

rico - imo towny via tone, towny attempt at solving despite him mowing down my towncore
sean - i thought his entrance was fine. nothing too grandiose but he's ok with me
creature - i thought his entrance was fine. nothing too grandiose but he's ok with me
rondo - no comment

motobot - i dont see why he's town
lime coke - i dont see why he's town
drwilgy - i dont see why he's town
falcon - i dont see why he's town

i notice that martin and rondo arent on the poll
Where has Rico been towny in solving? I feel like almost all his posts are just restating what happened without actually considering alignments.
attempt

Return to “Previous Jobs”