Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: Severance [Evening One]

Post by leetic »

Nobody besides us thirteen can view this thread I believe (I'm allowed to say this right?) So even if the other fourteen are responsible for this, I doubt it's targeted
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

no that's succession, someone probably got off the island in another timeline and everyone that helped them got extra votes
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 262
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:21 pm Nobody besides us thirteen can view this thread I believe (I'm allowed to say this right?) So even if the other fourteen are responsible for this, I doubt it's targeted
agree
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

I don't know and don't care unless someone has hard info to give. It's antitown no matter what.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

unless the votes are on scum /s
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

so it's robyn abigail rondo with extra votes so far

and not me, tsp, ran or leetic
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 166

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:06 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:36 pm I've caught up and retained almost nothing I read this is bad

But I'm starting to think Dyslexicon might actually be town lol
I don't buy that Dyslexicon is incapable of making that long post as mafia. It was perhaps slightly towny, so I buy you placing too much emphasis on it though.
Can you elaborate on what you found "slightly towny"?
Effort level. The Gira read was okay. Their treatment of you lacked agenda.
If you find that post "slightly towny", why are you still voting for Dyslexicon?
I voted for Dyslexicon when I made my initial read.

They made a slightly towny post.

Dyslexicon as mafia is capable of slightly towny posts.

They otherwise have not yet moved the needle enough for me to move the vote.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:06 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:36 pm I've caught up and retained almost nothing I read this is bad

But I'm starting to think Dyslexicon might actually be town lol
I don't buy that Dyslexicon is incapable of making that long post as mafia. It was perhaps slightly towny, so I buy you placing too much emphasis on it though.
Can you elaborate on what you found "slightly towny"?
Effort level. The Gira read was okay. Their treatment of you lacked agenda.
If you find that post "slightly towny", why are you still voting for Dyslexicon?
I voted for Dyslexicon when I made my initial read.

They made a slightly towny post.

Dyslexicon as mafia is capable of slightly towny posts.

They otherwise have not yet moved the needle enough for me to move the vote.
If you had to move off of Dyslexicon, who would you vote?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let me tell you that when I finish my catch up. I've got about 5 pages.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

hmmmm

not leetic being around at the 24 hour mark then dipping and reappearing after the mystery votes landed
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:29 pm hmmmm

not leetic being around at the 24 hour mark then dipping and reappearing after the mystery votes landed
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m gonna miss eod because of time zone shit right
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:29 pm hmmmm

What exactly are you insinuating here?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Day ends at 8 central (note for me)
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 305

Post by Gira »

the other votes are,uh, interesting but the best interpretation is they were influenced by the severed thread, because i find it super hard to believe, say, an anti-town faction gets a large number of invisible votes as a power even if they have to be spread out

and without any effective communication i don't know what to do with that
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Mac catch up and mind meld on my new secret undisclosed claim
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Gira wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:32 pm the other votes are,uh, interesting but the best interpretation is they were influenced by the severed thread, because i find it super hard to believe, say, an anti-town faction gets a large number of invisible votes as a power even if they have to be spread out

and without any effective communication i don't know what to do with that
don't let it get you down!

there's also the interpretation that it itself is communication from other halves who are _not_ the people being voted

I do agree in general that it's not something to get super worked up about. we've got people self-reporting it, and once everyone checks in to the thread we should know the scope of them and adjust accordingly
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

eh sure I'll go for it

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:42 pm eh sure I'll go for it

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
Why? Do you really think I'm responsible for the votes? For that doesn't track at all
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 pm @Dyslexicon I have read your posts... I don't have much to say in response that isn't obvious or already said. If you are town, we can really use your head in the game, please keep on keepin on, read as much as you are able and give us your thoughts, and don't feel like "oh no ran is dead set on killing me" because that is not the case, unless you are a wolf in which case it is the case. But regardless very happy to finally get a game with you <3
It is at this point that a feeling that I have had already has now fully crystalised to a point where I feel the need to say it aloud.

Ran is such obvious town that anyone who has scumread them whatsoever is entirely suspicious with perhaps the sole exception of leetic.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:13 pm @MacDougall Can you explain like I'm 5 how you think Robyn has not been towny?
In Robyn I do not see someone who has an agenda to solve the mafia game, but I see someone who has an agenda to appear like they are town and mostly just charm people.

The feeling I get from town Robyn is usually one that is more anxious and concerned with figuring out what everyone is up to. Town Robyn by process ends up getting overtly emotional and irritated.

Mafia Robyn has more emotional control over themselves, and they often end up one step ahead of everyone. They are particularly good at pocketing people by saying specific things that are designed to achieve that goal. For instance Robyn is aware that I have a predisposition for townreading people for lack of TMI and pushing me. Robyn threatened to scumread me earlier for daring to suspect them. But then they didn't, and chose to give me space instead.

I can sense in all of our interactions that Robyn is largely holding their breath and just trying to avoid having me outright bury them. Since I started posting all that Robyn has really done is crack jokes and react.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

mech info from the sign up thread, for reference
Spoiler: show
This game will be based on the AppleTV series "Severance", which boasted what I consider to be one of the greatest first seasons of all time. The jury is still out on season 2 onward (once the strikes are resolved), but the first season is pure brilliance. You are not required to have seen the show, however, to understand or function in this game.

I said "non-standard" before. I MEANT THAT. This will not be a standard Mafia game. Do not sign up for it expecting a standard Mafia game. I can at least tell you what standard elements will be present:

The game will still broadly be based upon an uninformed majority attempting to solve an informed minority. That is: civilians versus mafia -- potentially including additional affiliation(s)

I will make every usual JaggedJimmyJay effort to ensure the game is balanced and fair for everyone that participates. I cannot promise perfect balance, but I tend to have a thorough and developed understanding of how to make games as fair as they can be within reason.

Role claiming will be legal in this game, and at least a substantial portion of the players will have power roles.

Additional game details to help people make an informed choice about signing up:

~This will not be a bastard game, at least as I define that term. By that I mean: I will not lie to the players as a host, I will not give them tasks that serve no purpose, and I will not include game-ending roles that could never fairly be anticipated. If you define "bastard" to mean merely "unusual" or "non-standard", it will be those things.

~ Ideally, I would love to have a large number of players in this game. With that in mind, however: players should not expect this game to last a very long time. It is unlikely to reach a Day 10 or more, for example, even if there are 30+ participants.

~ The non-standard features are predominantly mechanical, and they tie directly to the source material (the show "Severance"). Their purpose is primarily immersion with the theme, which is always what I most desire when I design a Mafia game beyond any ordinary level of complexity.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:53 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:13 pm @MacDougall Can you explain like I'm 5 how you think Robyn has not been towny?
In Robyn I do not see someone who has an agenda to solve the mafia game, but I see someone who has an agenda to appear like they are town and mostly just charm people.

The feeling I get from town Robyn is usually one that is more anxious and concerned with figuring out what everyone is up to. Town Robyn by process ends up getting overtly emotional and irritated.

Mafia Robyn has more emotional control over themselves, and they often end up one step ahead of everyone. They are particularly good at pocketing people by saying specific things that are designed to achieve that goal. For instance Robyn is aware that I have a predisposition for townreading people for lack of TMI and pushing me. Robyn threatened to scumread me earlier for daring to suspect them. But then they didn't, and chose to give me space instead.

I can sense in all of our interactions that Robyn is largely holding their breath and just trying to avoid having me outright bury them. Since I started posting all that Robyn has really done is crack jokes and react.
Acknowledged, thanks.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:48 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 pm @Dyslexicon I have read your posts... I don't have much to say in response that isn't obvious or already said. If you are town, we can really use your head in the game, please keep on keepin on, read as much as you are able and give us your thoughts, and don't feel like "oh no ran is dead set on killing me" because that is not the case, unless you are a wolf in which case it is the case. But regardless very happy to finally get a game with you <3
It is at this point that a feeling that I have had already has now fully crystalised to a point where I feel the need to say it aloud.

Ran is such obvious town that anyone who has scumread them whatsoever is entirely suspicious with perhaps the sole exception of leetic.
oo oo oo sus me daddy mac
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will add that Mafia Robyn also subscribes to the same school as I do that the mafia alignment should be played to its own wincon. ie. They don't particularly play the same style of game when town as they do as mafia, because the primary agenda of the town is to solve the game and the primary agenda of the wolf is to survive it and avoid detection, so playing the game the same doesn't actually make much sense.

Doing the above reasonably should end up making someone easy to read and polarised, and to me, Robyn kind of has been the last few times I've played with them. But when done correctly, that is to say when one is very active and goes about saying a lot of the right things and the right times, you don't need to look like your town self. This is why Robyn pays particular attention to trying to play around or specifically at certain players who can read them better. Like Dizzy and myself. They will place significant focus on trying to pocket exactly us, and when that fails they will try to deplatform.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:56 pm

Outline your concerns with them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:35 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:34 pm I feel like I'm talking out of my ass and should probably go to sleep.

[VOTE: Bereft] aubergine

Good night lol.
seems me calling you beautiful has pocketed u
Robyn is also prone to doing things like this as mafia. Openwolfing so they can point back at it later and say "heh i even told you i was pocketing you".
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:53 pm

i am town, mafia is not obvious here. other people are making content and leetic is badgering people. i am trying to figure out where i went wrong because i currently townread everyone... which is also why my reads are worthless as of now

i am not anxious of you figuring out my alignment, if you did that would be good. specifically i am anxious of being pushed by you, i'm anxious of getting pushed by everyone really

if i had to make reads i would list gira at the bottom, but i also don't know how much i believe this

and i really don't qant to chop schweppes here anymore because if it comes down to me/him at eod this day won't end well

everything is a mess and i don't know what to fucking do
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

it is kind of funny that people stopped suspecting dizzy because he made one long post, because i think it's not impossible to see mafia making a post like that. still not going to vote him because i'm stubborn and will stick to my earlier impression and i like him asserting he should be lock town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:58 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:57 pm maybe I am
give me a full readslist so i can try to imagine what possible sensible worldview you’ve converted yourself into
And here Robyn is in the deplatforming mode. Instead of pocketing, they are doing this to TSP because TSP has displayed a lack of confidence and waiveriness in their approach. It's like a predator recognising prey.

When the person is feeble, attack them.

When the person is not feeble, suck up to them.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 730
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Am I still getting voted
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

okay yeah that's it, i don't wanna play this game everyone
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

cba to get pushed
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:05 pm Here’s the situation: not all is right. We’re about to limp into the stupidest looking bereft chop I’ve ever seen. It’s probably rand and there are somewhat good reasons not to do that. So then, who’s in this game who should know better? I promise I didn’t just immediately jump to the two voters on Bereft for the record, I think that looks slightly towny. Leetic seems to have lost a bit of the edge, can’t tell why. WWA is posting a lot but has no thread control nor have they attempted to wrest it. I won’t vote for Mac or dizzy day 1. Ted seems alright. Mac’s defending Gira. I won’t vote Rondo D1 for opposite reasons. Ran and Robyn are self resolving.
I agree, as much as it may be hard to believe I can see flickering town solving in Bereft's posts even. I would prefer they not die.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:07 pm If we are going to roll the dice better to do it on Abigail imo
I don't really think you can say that Ran and Robyn are self resolving and then say this is a better chop. Also I am townreading Abigail, why are you sheeping me townreading Gira but ignoring my townread on Abigail?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:57 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:56 pm

Outline your concerns with them.
dis exchange
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:15 am
robyn wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:51 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:50 am
robyn wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:46 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:38 am
Gira wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:32 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:29 am

what are the odds wolf gira makes this post

below rand, methinks, unless there's a partner in dizzy/abi. which I have no reason to suspect
why do you think that?
there's been too much townreading so far this game

in so far as, if it's accurate, it's going to form a towncore e.g. Abigail will pop off on D2/D3, robyn will form a solve and tunnel it, I'll accidentally vote mafia and clear myself

ranmilla was one person who actually tried to shake things up re: reads, but everyone not getting the questions thing is pretty funny and humanizing

in context consider this a reaction to my previous game where I was scum and I feel like a big mistake I made was letting town find each other fairly easily

the thread feels quite chummy and I think it's generally a good thing so I would expect scum (i restate: no meta on you on this) to want to stir things more or just sit things out for a bit and let lowposters be afk and then maybe jump in with ~24h to go to start some topics, idk
if you had to list 3 names of scum who would they be
tsp ranmilla and unsure

ted feels like a lazy pick / ignoring slank cover but maybe ted
what do u think of ran finding me

and what would u say if i totally disagreed with you irt ran trying to shake things up
wouldnt think much mid ep 4 rn and it's cooking
I care more about you actually believing everyone else is sus than my sus on Ranmilla, if that makes sense
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am intentionally disregarding any ATE in this game, especially from Robyn who weaponises it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Robyn] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Gira wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:18 pm Image

yooo who's up for a MU Anni D1 re-enactment
As much as this wagon seems bad, I actually townread all three of the voters and scumread Insomnia.
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

yeah i'm unmoved

like it sucks if wrong but haven't seen reason to change
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

robyn wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 am okay yeah that's it, i don't wanna play this game everyone
Lame
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:09 am

As much as this wagon seems bad, I actually townread all three of the voters and scumread Insomnia.
Why do you wolfread tedxtr?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I kind of think TSP is mafia here. TSP has this really impressive way of getting townread for shit that usually only pleb level players get townread for like he's read by good players as a bad one and it's strictly untrue. I am sensing more of TSP's quality wolfplay here than his mafia play.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:02 am Am I still getting voted
wdym
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:55 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:50 pm Am I self resolving?
I have no idea, you tell me! You and I are at very different ends of the playstyle spectrum. Which is why I'm putting effort into trying to talk to you, I resolved to try and engage players like you more instead of just schmoozing with Logical Tryhard Crew. What's the best way for us to tell if you're a wolf?
I take offense
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:13 am
I have no idea, you tell me! You and I are at very different ends of the playstyle spectrum. Which is why I'm putting effort into trying to talk to you, I resolved to try and engage players like you more instead of just schmoozing with Logical Tryhard Crew. What's the best way for us to tell if you're a wolf?
I take offense
to what
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:09 am

i highly doubt it's scum driven it just seems kind of like a lolwagon to me. (not there on rondo but i assume there's meta there i'm not privy to)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:02 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:59 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:55 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:48 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:47 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:19 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:17 pm I do find the tedxtr wagon a bit weird, none of the three voters on the wagon are particularly inspiring. Can someone reiterate the case against them?
Well, pyxxy is the only voter who might have a "case", as RDB seems to be simple OMGUS and Bereft just seems to be roleplaying. It is a little concerning that a wagon with so little substance is ahead however.
HAhahaha. [VOTE: neon ] aubergine
So when called out on your vote, you just switch with no elaboration? Also, did TSP influence your choice of target?
You must be new here.

[/vote] Dyslexicon [/vote]
I've been here longer than you. Also, that's not exactly a bold vote you're making.
Sure maybe in chronological but you obviously havent been around lately or you wouldnt be responding to me the way you are. Notice how everyone else in the game barring Gira and Tedxtr have all just been chill with how I have been acting? Its because they are aware of me. You arent. Ergo. Not from around here [VOTE: bereft ] aubergine
The way in which you just cycled your vote onto bereft subtly while talking about a range of other things is duly noted.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:13 am
I take offense
to what
It's just a joke m8
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:11 pm Ftr if Abigail is Neon I’m keeping the vote
Fake and you're outed

Return to “Previous Jobs”