Aka: Rondo

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:29 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:01 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:00 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Cu cu cachoo
Could you indicate which of Thunal's read(s) you found half-baked?
Their vote for SVS came out of nowhere for me:
Spoiler: show
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Their loRab push was also not strong.

Even though through a lens, I actually independently find I agree with their reads of both SVS and LoRab: where are SVS’ reads, and why is LoRab so freaked out about being townread?
Both of those pushes are low confidence, and LoRab's is even lower confidence than SVS. I woke up this morning, read the thread, and SVS's more recent posts caught my eye. I guess you could say it "came out of nowhere" but that's pretty normal/NAI at this stage in the game.
I swear I am not a wolf > source: me
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:24 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:02 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
Go drunk, LC, you’re home
No! Well yes. But no! More next break --->
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:28 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:16 am
But this is an unhinged towny post
OK, but really. Baddie LC doesn't let himself post silly/drunkish comments.
Are you sure?

--> cont'd from above: WAS it an "unhinged towny post"? Is everyone okay with JJJ's question? It blew my mind last night because I didn't feel like it was asking ANYTHING. Is it towny or wolfy? "On-brand"? So, what, is JJJ worried that I'm not really me right now? Is that what he's confirming with S~V~S??

And I still can't even handle "on-brand or not (or neither)", like, what? Are we trying to determine if I'm quasi-semi-myself before we try to think about alignment?

How does this stuff not make other people question it? WHAT DOES IT MEAN? If it has no meaning, then what does that say about JJJ?

Forget it, I don't even care.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 am
LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:28 am I assumed the swear jar was a joke, but I could be wrong!
I mean, it could be....but it seems weird to phrase it that way in the roles if it isn't important. If a civ curses, do we give money to Giles (sorry, Rupert)? Or do we take money away from him? Seems like it would be prudent to not risk giving mafia more power, and keep our language clean.

Also, hi, to all!! And, I'm Lorab :Lorab: for those I don't know. I'm an old timer, and have been convinced to come back, lol. Important thing to know is that I have a super quirky schedule, and many times that are great for everyone else are, well, not great for me. So, I'm sometimes MIA. The RAB in my screen name stands for Rabbi--and yes, I actually am. And, that means that weekends are weird. Just so you know.

For what it's worth, I'm reading LC as civ. And I mostly agree with him. Weird. I also thing J3 is probably civ, although keeping a note in my mind that he might just be acting aggressively civ to avoid suspicion, but I'm not feeling that at least for the moment.
So nice to have you back LoRab!

In case others don’t know, this :lorab: emoji is hers.

This :burp: is mine

JJJ is firmly a neutral town lean- he’s adding to discussion so he is a boon to town atm regardless
LC is not quite on my town radar yet. Lean scum
Good. I don't give you permission to townread me.

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Humoring Jay? Nah. I kinda thought I was shading him a slight bit, tbh, with the call back to the game where he was bad.

How would saying jay fooled everyone as a baddie in a game, and pointing out that he was contradicting himself by being super active be "humoring" him? Poking someone with a small, soft stick =/= humoring.
Noooo, sorry, I was loose-verbing it. You weren't "humouring him", you were "humouring in", as in, entering the thread on a little wave of mild humour.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
I like this S~V~S read of Scotty. Maybe she ain't that bad, and he is.
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:35 amLike Caterpie into Metapod, I have evolved!
After being utterly wrong about you before we were partners, I figure what I once viewed as suspicious in a vacuum is just you.

You have some quirks that i picked up on that I’m not going to reveal yet. But rest assured, dear Svs, I haven’t seen them so far. Just don’t do them and we’ll be golden :beer:
Absolute red flag. The secret S~V~S tells that he has, that he of course isn't sharing. This feels like a lie toped with a cheers for extra smoothness.
I feel like SVS would know if Scotty had secret tells on him or not and so lying about this wouldn't make much sense from Scotty.

This sort of meta read about Scotty suspecting SVS every game can go w/t either way or t/t. The only thing I think it's unlikely to be is w/w. If Scotty suspects SVS every game and both of them know it, mafia Scotty might go out of his way to suspect SVS again or he could change it to pocket SVS. SVS's post felt dramatic, with not much substance other than that it's freaking her out and I'd expect that post to go with a read or investigation on Scotty.
This nonsense response from Thunal to scotty about scotty keeping a tell secret... like... what the fuck?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:59 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:51 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:40 pm I do feel decent about JJJ this game. He's not just putting in effort, he's putting in a lot of pro-town effort and geenrating info for town so that's enough for a town lean.
I think this is an awful way to judge J3
He didn't say anything in isolation that made me think he was obvious town but I think it's good enough grounds for a townlean on day 1. He hasn't said anything that pinged me.
I saw this as Thunal coming to your defense @JaggedJimmyJay against Neon who I saw as 100% correct in game state reaction to your bullshit.

It could be TMIing you town and trying to pocket at the same time
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 pm I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing for your (JJJ) alignment though. It would be easy for mafia JJJ to townread me to try to pocket me, or push me if he thought he had a chance of getting me over. I think the former would be more likely.
This post was just... very weird to post in that thread state. like.. who is thunal talking to here?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:08 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:59 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:51 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:40 pm I do feel decent about JJJ this game. He's not just putting in effort, he's putting in a lot of pro-town effort and geenrating info for town so that's enough for a town lean.
I think this is an awful way to judge J3
He didn't say anything in isolation that made me think he was obvious town but I think it's good enough grounds for a townlean on day 1. He hasn't said anything that pinged me.
I saw this as Thunal coming to your defense @JaggedJimmyJay against Neon who I saw as 100% correct in game state reaction to your bullshit.

It could be TMIing you town and trying to pocket at the same time
Possibly. It's reasonably similar to LoRab's read of me, and I don't like that read.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

So you are saying Thunal/Lorab/Michelle+1?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I also have receipts on you too boo <3
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:02 pm
Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:59 pm Can we go back to being all chummy and acting like the game's over like we were yesterday when it wasn't even, 'cause the game's not gonna suddenly become more exciting. And I'm saying this knowing that I'm going to be the one around when we're down 2-3 mafia.
The game is definitely not over (or even close). But sometimes it is nice to parade around with some confidence and gusto. Is there something that you foresee down the line that concerns you and/or that you wish to be prepared for?
Day 1 is always nice. Day N for N large is never nice because the perceived room for error becomes smaller not larger and momentum stalls hard.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:10 pm So you are saying Thunal/Lorab/Michelle+1?
That's not my first guess, no. Thunal was in my broader POE of 7, so I do think there's a standalone case for her. The problem is finding teammates. I found reasons to dissociate her from everyone, including Scotty (as you suggested earlier) or the two names above.

Thunal/Abigail
Thunal/S~V~S
Thunal/Michelle
Thunal/LoRab
Thunal/Scotty

I could certainly be wrong about something. It'd help if you looked over those whenever you get to them.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:15 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:10 pm So you are saying Thunal/Lorab/Michelle+1?
That's not my first guess, no. Thunal was in my broader POE of 7, so I do think there's a standalone case for her. The problem is finding teammates. I found reasons to dissociate her from everyone, including Scotty (as you suggested earlier) or the two names above.

Thunal/Abigail
Thunal/S~V~S
Thunal/Michelle
Thunal/LoRab
Thunal/Scotty

I could certainly be wrong about something. It'd help if you looked over those whenever you get to them.
about to jump into a DND game but after I will. quote them at me again if I forget
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I have currently just seen your walls as your usual wolfy self filling up space flooding chat so I havent bothered reading them
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:20 pm I have currently just seen your walls as your usual wolfy self filling up space flooding chat so I havent bothered reading them
I understand. Sometimes people see me posting walls and just go into Vietnam flashbacks, and that's how it be.

Something I almost never do as mafia, however, is actually try to solve the entire game all at once (as opposed to spamming walls with vague undefined purpose). I think it's worthwhile, even if I know I could be wrong about it all. :shrug2:

I might even value your impressions of my town cases more. I need Wilgy, Monroe, and Cape (in addition to yourself) to be town for my entire process to work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might do a full review of Bereft and robyn for good measure after dinner now that the most important work is finished.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welp. Off I go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Yay, time to find out why I have 16 notifications!
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:28 pm Why is RondoDimBuckle town?

First: I didn't think Rondo looked town when he showed up at EOD1. He looked totally null. So I won't talk about that.

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:44 pm I was ready to come in and dome Cape/Thunal/JJJ/LonCon and just push Cape all day. But I guess I need to re-assess. Probably still staying within

Still on Cape > Thunal / JJJ. Maybe Scotty as 4th now or SVS.

Town Core:
Neon, Bereft, Dr Wilgy, LoRab, Michelle, Robyn.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:49 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:44 pm I was ready to come in and dome Cape/Thunal/JJJ/LonCon and just push Cape all day. But I guess I need to re-assess. Probably still staying within

Town Core:
cape is town 100%
Incorrect but we can disagree as long as we shoot within my POE of JJJ/Thunal/Cape [SVS/DM/Scotty]

So if I can get my town core to agree with who to shoot then I will be proven right and then we can go for cape tomorrow or whatever
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:53 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:52 pm cape is more town than bereft/jjj fmpov
cool so we agree on JJJ?

[VOTE: JJJ ] aubergine
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:20 pm JJJ I am in your head. I know you are in charge of this team and now we are playing 4d chess. This is fun
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:30 pm
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:21 pm I’ve perused back the last thirty moments of the sun gobble I can only doodle that to be one of the flibber, bungle endings to a giggle I can hummingbird. Whirlwind is an absolute harmony jester and I have no riddle if that is to be mirrored in his arrangement. Rainbow begs to be decoded and I would be vaporizing something if she wasn’t rescued yesterday. Because if Rainbow is boozy, JJJ is purported good, which would be wildly useful.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
There's someone he thinks was suspicious at EoD, but I cant for the life of me figure out who that was.

He thinks Michelle might've been rescued, and wants to flip them because if it flips red then it clears J³.

Idg how this curse works. Why is J³ not censored ugh.
yeah its a frame rescue. It was tvt d1. Wolves had full control of thread
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:10 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:20 pm JJJ I am in your head. I know you are in charge of this team and now we are playing 4d chess. This is fun
I’m willing to listen to you if you can show me that you have actual purposes for the reads you are providing. I am almost certain you haven’t read this game in full just given time constraints, so explain what you’re about.

I don’t care if you suspect me if you can give a cogent reason.
Strange cape said the same thing about me not having read the game (or was it bereft)
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:30 am Cape’s early Day 2 is fantastic.
Because you know he is wolf
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:40 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:37 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:36 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:10 am
I’m willing to listen to you if you can show me that you have actual purposes for the reads you are providing. I am almost certain you haven’t read this game in full just given time constraints, so explain what you’re about.

I don’t care if you suspect me if you can give a cogent reason.
Strange cape said the same thing about me not having read the game (or was it bereft)
I mean I could be wrong about that, but I’d be surprised. :meany:
Keep trying to undermine me :ohyeah:
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:57 am not wanting to vote sean

All of these are good reason to town read Michelle.

But honestly if she doesnt post more, doesnt help me with Thunal/Cape/JJJ and find the +1 she can go into the SVS/DM/Scotty/Michelle pile of 1 of

I would much rather kill JJJ today.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:41 am You do you, Rondo. But I have seen you spam total b/s reads as mafia more than once, so forgive me if I don’t dismiss your content as “just Rondo things”.
yes yes. Rondo doing rondo things, easy dismissal.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:59 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:54 am that simply doesn't make sense to me, and i am of course taking the position that most individuals in this game understand what a strong player is, and are rational human beings
Yes, so lets lynch JJJ
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:05 am PSA: I’m being a bit edgier than usual, and I am conscious of that. If I ever upset anyone, please kick me. I am trying to regain a little edge that has degraded over the years of Mr. Nice Guy.
Or wolf in a corner
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:07 am Rondo cut the poop and mason me so we can destroy this game
No
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:21 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:14 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:07 am Rondo cut the poop and mason me so we can destroy this game
No
You’re gonna be bummed when you see the missed opportunity. We could have had it all, Rondo. We already had our powerhouse mafia team. The magic was there for the taking. Sadness.

:consoling:
Dont starve has ruined that fomo

This is all just Rondo wanting to kill me today. That read of his, on its own power, does not make him town. However, I think there's a motivation at work here that is harder for others to see -- or rather, two of them:

Halvosen Ridge (Rondo and I were both mafia)
Don't Starve (I was mafia, and Rondo wanted to kill me while most did not listen)

I will pull a little excerpt from Don't Starve to give an impression of where I think Rondo's head is. The following stuff in double spoilers is from a different game:

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:56 pm Porscha- got that fire and simultaneous looseness I associate with town Porscha
Are you able to point to what you saw from Porscha that gave you this impression?
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:54 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:56 pm Porscha- got that fire and simultaneous looseness I associate with town Porscha
Are you able to point to what you saw from Porscha that gave you this impression?
I just ISO'd her and....I dunno man, I think I'm smokin something. Need to check something. Hold on
Scotty wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:31 pm Ok so I just checked my roll and after a few comparisons, I find the Porscha here is much more playful and lolcatty than I for some reason initially thought. It actually reminds me a lot of her D1 in apathy mafia, in which she was voted and yeeted as a wolf D1. This play is different from, say, MU champs practice heist in which she got right down to business and was a bit more ready to get her hands dirty.

Yeah, I can put Porscha down onto my Vivax tier easily atm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:28 pm There's probably no reason to continue talking about this.
JJJ is mafia. If you cant figure out why from these posts I am done with you

Porscha is town

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:36 pm The reason why I quoted the above is JJJ probing and pushing Scotty to answer a question as to why Porscha is full of town fire and scotty proceeds to back out of it with a "oh maybe I am crazy" and then reverse his read. JJJ then proceeds to DO NOTHING with the response and instead proceeds to tell people to stop talking about the angle shooting.

He then tries to deflect me by saying I am quoting the wrong posts and that I dont understand what I am quoting. He KNOWS why I am quoting this but he is trying to make it look silly. Scotty KNOWS because he is in bts with JJJ and JJJ can see he is caught so scotty jumps on the wagon and wont elaborate WHY he thinks JJJ is suspect because there is a chance that JJJ thinks I am just posturing and seeing if he blinks and Scotty needs to be positioned in the right place in case I am serious and I have caught him.

So in conclusion JJJ is mafia not because of what he is saying but because of what he isnt saying and Scotty is Mafia for being opportunistic about it.

The Third is Vivax
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:39 pm The fact that JJJ And Scotty are pulling a coordinated funny man routine against my sus only confirms it to me. I better be lynched early or JJJ and Scotty go
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:22 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:51 pm things I probably did not make clear in my last post // random thoughts:

Most of the porscha talk has been very meta-y (I think) and I knida would like to hear a solid point that doesn't rely on that sometime in the future. I've known the name Porscha but my brain is recalling very few experiences with them. At least not recently.

Rondo has been rondo and I kinda just have been ignoring him. Partially a policy thing as I think their play and mindset so drastically different from mine that trying to read them may be a hazard for confidence.

Tutuu's tone has been getting better and better over-time and I don't think confirmation bias can explain that away.

SVS I think I can get an initial read on but it likely requires diving into them independently after my catch-up. Most quotes I saw at a glance didn't ring anything and some people seem to greatly fear a SVS wolf, but I reckon I'm probably better at reading invested higher-posting players than I am of lower-posting less-invested players. Scotty may qualify for that too but he seems to be vibing on a different level than I am at times....if that makes any sense.

Game has been preety fun to read.
Not going to talk about my case on JJJ?
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:33 am JJJ Bad. JJJ ask questions. JJJ do nothing with garbage answers. JJJ not give softballs. Scotty prob bad too. JJJ Asking questions to look good
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:44 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:33 am JJJ Bad. JJJ ask questions. JJJ do nothing with garbage answers. JJJ not give softballs. Scotty prob bad too. JJJ Asking questions to look good
I don't agree that Scotty's answer was garbage, and I don't think you understand my process.
I dont agree with your disagreeal that scotty's answers were garbage, and I do think I understand your process.
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:06 am why not jjj?

Also why use neons power on me? I am just harry
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:16 am ok so in the world scotty is town is JJJ more wolf or less?

in the world that scotty is wolf is JJJ more wolf or less?

(ignoring 3P which is me so I know that it isnt JJJ or Scotty)

for legal reasons this is a joke
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:59 am
Vivax wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:58 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:53 am
Vivax wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:50 am Good morning bread
Zenon wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 am Porscha
Sean
Rondo
Zenon

Town ezpz... maybe.
I like it. Rondo‘s re-entry and stubborn push on JJJ made me town him. Looked like an against the train endeavour I wouldn‘t place as maf.

Martin on the other hand keeps giving me the feeling that his posts lack authenticity.

Tutuu is a little dust devil that could be anything. Initially I thought town for being very informative but that fell off with me being unable to follow their voting logic. I‘m also not sure if they tried to pocket me with the TR.

Scotty‘s list with the Wilgy/Seanzie/something team was refreshing but it was probably too easy as a solve.

I should probably get on a keyboard and better delve into why I think Martin is mafia. Or change my mind depending on what else I find there.

As for JJJ , I‘m not sure if he is capable of using his authoritative vibe independently of alignment.
But that‘d be my main reason for the town lean and I am watching Rondo vsing him with great interest.
Nothing to say about the fact I have you scum too?
It‘s fine Rondo, you can‘t be good at everything
Nothing to say about JJJ calling you out and Scotty agreeing? Happy for me to 1v1 JJJ to try and distract from yourself?
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:50 pm [VOTE: jjj ] aubergine
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:52 pm
Vivax wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:50 pm Maybe JJJ and Rondo have just been hiding their intention of voting for me for the entire duration of the game but that‘d be a lot of effort for a simple player
Hiding? You're my third in the jjj scotty team
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:57 pm Not happy with how he treated my case on him and jjj
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:41 pm [VOTE: jjj ] aubergine
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:56 pm It was interesting how little people actually pushed me over the past two day phases. Everyone was willing to say "oh that Rondo what a sneaky guy, I dont want to town read him but he isnt a wolf so I will bravely go out on a limb and say null" but no one seriously pushed me over more than 72 hours of solo pushing jjj
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:56 pm I am also not surprised that JJJ is unsurprised by me

In that game, Rondo was right about me (at least his conclusion about my alignment was correct). He struggled to get anyone to listen to him, and my team swept. You can see him 1) press the issue stubbornly in that game as he feels like it's not getting through, and 2) conf-bias himself into two teammates of mine (wrong about both, Scotty and Vivax) by reading everything either of them says as lock wolf.

It's very similar to what he has done today with JJJ/Thunal/Cape. He is presuming I am mafia and treating me like this is Don't Starve 2.0. He thinks he has to hard tunnel me to get anyone to listen to him because of what happened last time, and he is solving around his pre-flip of me just like he did in that game. It was Scotty/Vivax then, and it's Thunal/Cape now. Unfortunately for Rondo the starting point is also wrong this time (I'm town), but good luck convincing him of that.

~~~

I recognize this is a bit of a personal take, and it might be hard for others to absorb without fuller context of Don't Starve. But that's my best effort to explain why Rondo would be town in this game.
Tbh it's good to have this context. Part of why I have trouble sorting him is that I'm annoyed with his push and I'm trying to separate that from my read on him. My first instinct was that he was wolfing but when I stepped back for a bit I started to doubt that.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

jfc jjj has 400 posts
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm I don't like this shade, not that I find that LoRab post particularly towny, but I hate these sort of bad "TMI" reads
You're allowed to hate it, but town players that have ever seen me as mafia almost never make a read on me like the one LoRab did there.
What's LoRab's experience with you as mafia?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:37 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:35 pm what did michelle do then?
Frivolously town read me for something basic in a way town nearly never does (if they have played with me as mafia before):
Michelle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:07 pm On that note, @DarlingMonroe:

If you find it impossible to fully catch up, because the thread has grown too large, then I will make the following suggestion. Don't. I still very much want you to make posts, but if time only allows you to choose between 1) trying and failing to catch up, or 2) just entering the thread and playing from the current page --> please choose #2. Fully catching up is not always necessary to play the game, and you may be better off just jumping in fresh.

If you do have time to fully catch up AND get involved before we run out of Daylight (only four hours), then go ahead.
I don't think Jay makes this post as mafia
Same question for Michelle. And can you give a game or games LoRab and Michelle saw you as mafia in?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Why is Bereft town?

Bereft doesn't call his votes in the thread, so I will make the first point: he placed the game's first vote (for Thunal) when it was not yet confirmed they could be changed. Perhaps it was safe to assume they were changeable, but I wasn't willing to risk it. I respect the hustle.

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:19 am You're not going to contribute to "threadspewing" Darling Monroe?

This half-sarcasm ironically promotes its premise (by contributing to the positive climate for DarlingMonroe's first three posts). I suspect most mafia wouldn't have been enthusiastic about doing that with a 3-poster.

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:10 am Robyn, Cape90, J^3, Darling Monroe, LoRab

The standard fare, of course.

I asked everyone for three town reads, and Bereft provided me with five. I currently agree with four of them, so I am okay with Bereft's early production.

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:25 am #168

Yea, what J^3 said. I may as well state plainly that he has my full vote of confidence and it feels almost as if I'm not particularly going to be needed much today.

The last bit of this comment starting with "it feels almost" just struck me as a town sentiment. One could accuse Bereft of pocketing me here, though I think I assess his mindset differently from most others in this roster. This did not bother me then and still doesn't. And it's not as though he took this opportunity to just fart around -- he remained involved in essentially every significant dialogue of Day 1 at a very efficient posting rate.

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.

I found this perspective about LoRab agreeable in the moment even if I have moved on from it.

Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:54 pm Tbh I wouldn't. They're less awkward than normal, and I can't help but find it a good thing, even if I think that it should raise eyebrows.

Frankly, Scotty's first opinion on the slot is one that appears credible, and if I were in a situation where I had to make a call on S~V~S's alignment, I think I would do decently simply by comparing to their presence to Severance Mafia, as it appears they were mafia there if I'm interpreting them correctly.
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:49 pm I do actually. When prompted to iso S~V~S to find the game I was referencing for comparison, I saw some posts I liked.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:19 am
Probably. We tend to circle, and in the last game we played, I was bad and railroaded him hideously. I would be surprised if he wasn't somewhat paranoid of me. I haven't read why he susses me yet, I'm answering my @'s first.

Watching your game, I figured out what triggers me about him, he has an almost theatricality about him, that I view as acting to an extent, and to me acting = (in a Mafia game) fake = bad. So I was kinda interested to see what our dynamic was here.
Good, will elaborate on wrt the third quote, since it elaborates on this point.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
This is a correct reaction to my presence. For that matter, any interest at all in reading my slot tends to be is a good sign.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.
In my experience, mafia does not do this often, that is, give up trade secrets of how they play. If SVS if mafia, they can simply not say this and instead push LC on the expressed basis.

And in general, a recurring theme with SVS's posts is that I find them honest on a fundamental level. Whereas Scotty accused SVS of having comments and no reads, I think this is a good thing. Mafia is more inclined to bother forcing comments into reads, and whenever they get around to it to explaining their comments in more detail, SVS makes sense in why they havent turned observations into reada. I've played with town SVS at least once, and all of this has been congruent with my impression of them as generally not having alot of hard feelings on a lot of people.

Bereft resisted my early suspicion of S~V~S. There is tinfoil available here if my current theories about LoRab and/or S~V~S prove accurate. In the moment, I appreciated Bereft's willingness to challenge my reads even while granting me "full confidence" earlier.

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:20 am Wonder how it must feel to play in this game knowing half your team is AFK and possibly not to return.

I halfway "mindmelded" with this, as around the same time I was considering the prospects of highly inactive mafia members by POE.

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:12 am I'm sorry but my relationship with Robyn is of a confidential nature.

On a more serious note, if I told you that I know Robyn is town, what would you do with it?
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:28 am Not that I expected @Scotty to have an interest in it regardless, but Scotty did not answer my question.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:42 am Scotty, if you read the post, there is a sentence that ends with a question mark.

You seem very all over the place at the moment and I hate to admit that I'm struggling to parse it.
Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 am I can also be more charitable to Scotty.

Look, lets pretend you knew Robyn was town, what would you do with it?

I thought this bit was decently interrogative and purposeful.

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:21 pm Yeah, bluntly, I see {DM, Michelle, Seanzie, Rondo, ts acc} and go, "oh thats a bunch of wolves isn't it".

Thunal's fine.
Cape's fine.
Abigail's fine.
Wilgy's wilging.

I think suspecting SVS is imprudent. Ditto for LoRab. So yeah.
If Scotty was unpartnered from people I thought weren't fine, then yeah, I would've reacted, but no.

This extends the suspicion Bereft held of the least active group of players and projects his eventual Seanzie vote.

Bereft wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:59 pm Game theoretically, I'm staying the course, Michelle should be readable tomorrow, if I'm wrong about this, then sue me.

Bereft's explanation for voting Seanzie over Michelle. The game theory is fine by me. This doesn't make Bereft town, but I don't think it's suspicious either. That still seems worth saying when the elimination was a zero poster.

Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:42 pmUh.
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 pm the kill wasn't redirected so wtf
How do we know this?

Also, I had a Long Con non-town read. I just wasn't expecting it to be revealed like this.
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:57 pm I'm going to shut up and follow robyn.
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:13 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:04 pm i read cape overnight, he's towntelled multiple times, and i do have a soulread on him
This is why you should listen to me sometimes lol.
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:16 pm Im just waiting for J³'s reaction to all of this, hot mackerels.

I still have no clue who the mafia are but ya' know, half the time I'm lying when I say this, amirite.

Ok I'll stop now.
Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:18 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:15 pm @Bereft updated jjj read?
If he's mafia, then he outed with the Michelle case. I couldn't find a single thing off about him the entire goshdarn time prior to that, so I'd say town, but the NK definitely does not point to that lmfao.

I just kind of buy Bereft's reactions to the Long Con kill. Without the benefit of extensive Syndicate background or some of this playing roster, I can understand why that kill may have seemed so confounding (even if I find it reasonably ordinary by local standards).

Bereft wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:21 pm I’ve perused back the last thirty moments of the sun gobble I can only doodle that to be one of the flibber, bungle endings to a giggle I can hummingbird. Whirlwind is an absolute harmony jester and I have no riddle if that is to be mirrored in his arrangement. Rainbow begs to be decoded and I would be vaporizing something if she wasn’t rescued yesterday. Because if Rainbow is boozy, JJJ is purported good, which would be wildly useful.

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
There's someone he thinks was suspicious at EoD, but I cant for the life of me figure out who that was.

He thinks Michelle might've been rescued, and wants to flip them because if it flips red then it clears J³.

Idg how this curse works. Why is J³ not censored ugh.

I appreciate Bereft's efforts to make Scotty useful in his condition, and also his overt "do I have to tinfoil Jay" thinking out loud.

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:00 am Yeah was about to comment about thunal lol.

I was never able to feel strongly about thunal being town.

Relatable

~~~

I think this is sufficient for the time being. Essentially, I don't think Bereft is likely mafia for a number of micro moments and also the macro appeal of his holistic solving process. If there are mafia concentrated in [LoRab, Michelle, S~V~S] then perhaps there is room to ask questions.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I ask this because I had an impression JJJ wasn't that good as mafia for awhile. I saw him get caught in a couple games as a spectator (i think this was a couple years ago) and that influenced my view, but then I looked at some more recent games and now I don't have that impression.

So depending on the game/experience, I could see someone else having the same impression.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:05 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:52 pm Robyn
Cape
JJJ
Bereft

Michelle
DrWilgy

DarlingMonroe
SVS
Rondo
ts account

LoRab
Scotty
Abigail
Is there any particular reason you find me towny? You seemed a little put off by my progression to voting you day 1
Yes, I'm sheeping robyn's townread.

Also I do think you've improved quite a bit today. You trying to get Rondo to explain and your handling of him felt unfiltered and towny and I've liked your analysis.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:54 pm Same question for Michelle. And can you give a game or games LoRab and Michelle saw you as mafia in?
I just skimmed over the site spreadsheet, and I admit there isn't as much as I anticipated. Michelle hasn't played in a Syndicate game where I was non-town. There may have been one elsewhere, but I can't recall. LoRab played in an open setup where I was the top poster as a serial killer (not mafia, but publicly known anti-town). That was in 2016 -- LoRab hasn't played much in recent years.

So I will concede that the "seen me as mafia once" argument doesn't quite work. I do think some doubt remains, however:

1) I post a ton in basically every game, so it's hard for me to believe LoRab thought that was clearable. Or even if it wasn't a meta read, she didn't afford Scotty the same luxury.
2) Michelle made an assessment about what I'd do as mafia without seeing me as mafia. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
one more trying to push lorab as a viability with bereft
That wasn't trying to push LoRab at all. I was trying to talk to Bereft about our different reads and possibly reconsider mine.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:57 pm I ask this because I had an impression JJJ wasn't that good as mafia for awhile. I saw him get caught in a couple games as a spectator (i think this was a couple years ago) and that influenced my view, but then I looked at some more recent games and now I don't have that impression.

So depending on the game/experience, I could see someone else having the same impression.
I think it's evident at least that Michelle doesn't feel that way given her commentary about me. I dunno what game you saw, but if Philosophy 2 was one of them, I am sure I looked like crap. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:09 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:44 pm I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing for your (JJJ) alignment though. It would be easy for mafia JJJ to townread me to try to pocket me, or push me if he thought he had a chance of getting me over. I think the former would be more likely.
This post was just... very weird to post in that thread state. like.. who is thunal talking to here?
JJJ and on some level me. I was thinking out loud about what null reading me meant for his alignment.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:08 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:57 pm I ask this because I had an impression JJJ wasn't that good as mafia for awhile. I saw him get caught in a couple games as a spectator (i think this was a couple years ago) and that influenced my view, but then I looked at some more recent games and now I don't have that impression.

I think it's evident at least that Michelle doesn't feel that way given her commentary about me. I dunno what game you saw, but if Philosophy 2 was one of them, I am sure I looked like crap. :smile:
I think it might have been, lol.

Also 2020/2021 Thunal was extremely competitive and I liked to look for weaknesses in people that often weren't there. I'm still competitive but I'm better able to separate the game from real life.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:13 pm

Also 2020/2021 Thunal was extremely competitive and I liked to look for weaknesses in people that often weren't there. I'm still competitive but I'm better able to separate the game from real life.
you strike me as extremely laid back here, i haven't figured out how to interact with you tbh

why do you buy my confidence on cape? and why am i your top town?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:05 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:54 pm Same question for Michelle. And can you give a game or games LoRab and Michelle saw you as mafia in?
I just skimmed over the site spreadsheet, and I admit there isn't as much as I anticipated. Michelle hasn't played in a Syndicate game where I was non-town. There may have been one elsewhere, but I can't recall. LoRab played in an open setup where I was the top poster as a serial killer (not mafia, but publicly known anti-town). That was in 2016 -- LoRab hasn't played much in recent years.

So I will concede that the "seen me as mafia once" argument doesn't quite work. I do think some doubt remains, however:

1) I post a ton in basically every game, so it's hard for me to believe LoRab thought that was clearable. Or even if it wasn't a meta read, she didn't afford Scotty the same luxury.
2) Michelle made an assessment about what I'd do as mafia without seeing me as mafia. :goofp:
Tbf sometimes I make reads about what someone would do as mafia without having seen them if I know their personality. I don't think your play day 1 was too detailed to be fake and that LoRab comment did ping me but it's also plausible LoRab or Michelle accidentally communicated a stronger read than they meant to.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Especially since Michelle later said she town leaned you off it and it wasn't a lock. I don't think it was a strong read for her.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:20 pm Especially since Michelle later said she town leaned you off it and it wasn't a lock. I don't think it was a strong read for her.
I suspect she softened her language in response to my suspicion. It wasn't a "lock", but it was assertive.

Anyway, I don't want to keep piling on Michelle. She ought to have the opportunity to hunt on her own without seeing constant suspicion from me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I am a little paranoid about how Michelle's been fixating on you today and my townread there isn't as strong as it was SoD.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:16 pm

you strike me as extremely laid back here, i haven't figured out how to interact with you tbh

Even though I'm having fun and not stressed now, I always care about winning lol.

There's a lot of reasons. It started d1 with some in the thread thoughts I thought were almost unfakeable from a mindset POV. Today I doubled down on that read because I really liked how you engaged with Rondo and confidently promoted your townreads.

You were extremely confident on Cape so I believe you have good reasons for that read.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:24 pm I am a little paranoid about how Michelle's been fixating on you today and my townread there isn't as strong as it was SoD.
why has your tr on jjj lessened
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:26 pm

Even though I'm having fun and not stressed now, I always care about winning lol.

There's a lot of reasons. It started d1 with some in the thread thoughts I thought were almost unfakeable from a mindset POV. Today I doubled down on that read because I really liked how you engaged with Rondo and confidently promoted your townreads.

You were extremely confident on Cape so I believe you have good reasons for that read.
you don't strike me as the type to sheep overly confident players regardless of whether they're town or not, your entire aura is like "i don't follow appeal to authority" and that is literally exactly what i'm doing
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Why is robyn town?

robyn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:19 pm
robyn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:16 pmhello
Welcome aboard, robyn. Are you prepared to take this thread by the throat?
yes, i'm gonna play this very differently from severance for obvious reasons
robyn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:30 pm i've always been a member of the dark side, what i haven't done is emphasize intellectual and emotional control at all. i play(ed) balls to the wall. and i wanna take a reserved methodical approach here

It's often telling when someone lays out their desire to play reserved and methodically before 260-posting by mid-Day 2. Eventually the instincts take over and the town body returns to its norms (though robyn has still done well to contain emotionality).

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:14 am game theory suggests that i should accept jjj as town leader on day one here, which i will do. rabbi seems town just by posting without any hesitation after returning to mafia and posting with familiar and unfamiliar players. everyone else is comfortably null even if i'm tempted to townread long con for being identical to past games, he has yet to rand wolf after bequeathing his presence back to syndicate games
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:08 am bereft/rabbi/me
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:18 am bereft
loreb
jjj
monroe
long con

scotty

null

thunal

robyn set out early to build a viable game theory, and I think her early production was headed a believable and good direction. I think they have played off of Bereft effectively too without it seeming like some kind of pocket.

robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:50 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:46 pm i'm kinda regretting my life choices cuz idk if wolf vocally susses JJJ of all people here

[VOTE: Thunal33] aubergine
why vote thunal?
robyn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:53 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:52 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 pm
Cape90 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:46 pm i'm kinda regretting my life choices cuz idk if wolf vocally susses JJJ of all people here

[VOTE: Thunal33] aubergine
What happened here? Earlier you had me as good. Is there something in particular that pinged you?
it's more like I townread you/SVS the least out of any notable people who have talked and voting low/no posters would be kinda lame
ew, the reasoning here is lame

Early example of their desired reservedness giving way to instinct.

robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:13 pm thunal/scotty/bereft/jjj/rabbi town
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:27 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm At this point, willing to switch Scotty for really exploding my confusion with LC and LC to its max potential.
denied, go seanzie

scotty thought you wolf slipped, and he found 2 wolves as a consequence. you would be excited if you had the same beliefs he did, no?
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:31 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:28 pm
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:27 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:26 pm At this point, willing to switch Scotty for really exploding my confusion with LC and LC to its max potential.
denied, go seanzie

scotty thought you wolf slipped, and he found 2 wolves as a consequence. you would be excited if you had the same beliefs he did, no?
Why do you think Seanzie is such a hit?
he hasn't posted a message on this site since oct 12, something something sub, but i'd rather kill him than you/svs

you/svs will become clearer tomorrow, so we'd catch the wolf with a better chance, or you find one another and things go swimmingly. either way my personal game theory suggests that killing strong players is a way for an insta loss

and severance just reinforces this
robyn wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:51 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:50 pm I say we skip all votes right now and CFD lorab
denied

seanzie/michelle

robyn voted Seanzie at EOD, and they might have driven that final result more than anyone else. They overtly resisted the Scotty wagon, and they ended up preferring Seanzie over Michelle. I am broadly fine with that sequence, as robyn was gamestate-mindful about the consequences of killing an active town player. If Michelle ends up mafia, perhaps we crumple a brow, but whatever.

Town Core:
cape is town 100%
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 pm

Town Core:
cape is town 100%
Incorrect but we can disagree as long as we shoot within my POE of JJJ/Thunal/Cape [SVS/DM/Scotty]

So if I can get my town core to agree with who to shoot then I will be proven right and then we can go for cape tomorrow or whatever
no, i'm right, cape is town
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:55 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:53 pm
cool so we agree on JJJ?

you're not hearing me, cape is town
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:56 pm @Bereft cape is more town than you from my pov, figure it out

robyn's take on Cape today is vintage town robyn. They spent the night phase in thorough review of what happened on Day 1, and we have talked before about the value of simple rereads. Sometimes that's the most insightful work, and with a clear mind they came to a conclusion about Cape's Day 1 productivity that I found agreeable in my own analysis of Cape. Give robyn credit for getting there before I did.

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:10 am
Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:09 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:05 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:04 am Cape frozen
get off him
Rondo's been voting J³ the whole while, lol.
i don’t care much about that atm, jjj will show his colors today
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:36 am if jjj wolf monroe town, had this thought overnight and just remembered
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:56 am @JaggedJimmyJay
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:07 am ‪cape
Bereft‬
‪Rondo

DarlingMonroe‬
‪LoRab‬

‪☆Princess Abigail☆‬
DrWilgy‬
‪JaggedJimmyJay‬

‪Michelle‬
‪Scotty‬
‪S~V~S‬
‪Thunal33‬
‪ts account‬

i think this is where i'm at

This is a very believable progression on me. Given the Day 1 miss (on a player I endorsed eliminating) and the [perceived] weird Night 1 kill, it makes perfect sense for robyn to view me with more distrust. I also like that when Rondo came aboard with suspicion of me, robyn didn't just egg that on. They managed that well while also maintaining healthy independent skepticism of me. I find it quite believable.

~~~

I am pretty secure in robyn's townhood. I think they're playing to their own meta even while trying not to do so, and that's probably the oldest town trope in the book.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:30 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:26 pm

you don't strike me as the type to sheep overly confident players regardless of whether they're town or not, your entire aura is like "i don't follow appeal to authority" and that is literally exactly what i'm doing
I'm usually not but I feel good about that specific read.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:26 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:24 pm I am a little paranoid about how Michelle's been fixating on you today and my townread there isn't as strong as it was SoD.
why has your tr on jjj lessened
I meant my townread on Michelle, not JJJ.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:33 pm I'm usually not but I feel good about that specific read.
why?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have laid out reasons why these six players are town:

robyn, Bereft, DrWilgy, DarlingMonroe, RondoDimBuckle, and Cape90

If I am wrong about any of those, my entire process tumbles. I'd be grateful to hear of any disagreement from anyone. If those town reads are correct, then it leaves the POE of seven names I mentioned earlier. That's one more than a game-winning POE pool would allow for (six players). On that basis, I'd also love to hear everyone's top town read in this pile:

ts account, Scotty, S~V~S, LoRab, Michelle, Thunal, Abigail

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:35 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:33 pm I'm usually not but I feel good about that specific read.
why?
i gave 0 reasoning, you bought my confidence, you've also been referring to your own cape read as sheeping me
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:37 pm
why?
i gave 0 reasoning, you bought my confidence, you've also been referring to your own cape read as sheeping me
One reason was your turnaround between your read on Cape day 1 and your read on Cape day 2.

I also found the read believable myself and thought Cape had towny moments.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:42 pm
why?
One reason was your turnaround between your read on Cape day 1 and your read on Cape day 2.

but why did you phrase it as sheeping my read, when you are clearly analytical and need reasons for everything, and would have 0 trouble producing good reasons as either alignment

what's your read on scotty rn
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 411
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:55 pm If there are mafia concentrated in [LoRab, Michelle, S~V~S] then perhaps there is room to ask questions.
No, you see, that's the beauty of it. Its not going to hold water over here on the Syndicate, and I will not pretend anyone cares, but I have to brag. But A. There is mafia concentrated there probably. B. I don't actually defend my teammates as mafia, definitely never multiple. As robyn said, schweppes (as w) is one of the best town players in existence.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:36 pm I have laid out reasons why these six players are town:

robyn, Bereft, DrWilgy, DarlingMonroe, RondoDimBuckle, and Cape90

If I am wrong about any of those, my entire process tumbles. I'd be grateful to hear of any disagreement from anyone. If those town reads are correct, then it leaves the POE of seven names I mentioned earlier. That's one more than a game-winning POE pool would allow for (six players). On that basis, I'd also love to hear everyone's top town read in this pile:

ts account, Scotty, S~V~S, LoRab, Michelle, Thunal, Abigail
GTH I'd say SVS at this point. If our PoE is about right, Scotty is never wolf with SVS and I think the Long Con kill looks good for her. Both from the POV of her always wanting to push LC and that LC died townreading her while everyone else was suspecting her.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:45 pm
why?

but why did you phrase it as sheeping my read, when you are clearly analytical and need reasons for everything, and would have 0 trouble producing good reasons as either alignment

I'd rather talk about something else.

I scumlean Scotty. I feel like he spent a lot of his time trying to appease SVS and there were a couple reads that felt forced from him.
ImageImage
robyn
screaming

Post by robyn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 pm
why?

I scumlean Scotty. I feel like he spent a lot of his time trying to appease SVS and there were a couple reads that felt forced from him.
mechanically if targeted by mafia he's town, no?

why do you wanna talk about something else?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:50 pm GTH I'd say SVS at this point. If our PoE is about right, Scotty is never wolf with SVS and I think the Long Con kill looks good for her. Both from the POV of her always wanting to push LC and that LC died townreading her while everyone else was suspecting her.
Thanks for the answer. At least behaviorally, S~V~S may be the among the less problematic names on the list. I disagree pretty strongly about the Long Con kill, but for the time being I'll leave it alone (understanding how folks feel about night kill analysis).

When you say "our POE", does that imply your own POE consists of the six not-you players in my POE?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bereft wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:55 pm If there are mafia concentrated in [LoRab, Michelle, S~V~S] then perhaps there is room to ask questions.
No, you see, that's the beauty of it. Its not going to hold water over here on the Syndicate, and I will not pretend anyone cares, but I have to brag. But A. There is mafia concentrated there probably. B. I don't actually defend my teammates as mafia, definitely never multiple. As robyn said, schweppes (as w) is one of the best town players in existence.
@robyn would you agree that Bereft is highly unlikely to stand in defense of one or more mafia teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:52 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:51 pm
why?

mechanically if targeted by mafia he's town, no?

why do you wanna talk about something else?
He could curse himself or fake having it. I've actually done it myself in The Emperor's Soul where I had a self-imposed postcap.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”