Total votes: 14
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Re: [Day 2]: Film Directors.

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Here's the only working theory I could come up with for Sabie being targeted by her own team:

Sabie opens her role PM and she's a baddie. This is not what Sabie wanted so she instantly asks to be replaced. Mongoose tells the thread she needs a replacement, but retracts her request shortly after.

So what could have happened here is that Sabie's team suggests, instead of getting replaced, that they target her with the kill and protect. The gambit is that everyone will assume one of the three role blocking roles was responsible for the missed kill. Sabie skates through the game with no suspicion and doesn't have to play her role. Meanwhile the three roleblockers will each be thinking to themselves "Did I block the killer?" And so that knowledge might color their own individual suspicions and lead them all on wild goose chases.

It's possible, and would be a great move, but I'm not sure who's capable of it, and I find it much more likely that a roleblock was responsible.
That's an interesting theory and the first one that actually talks about what they have to gain from it. Because making us even notice Sabie without a pay off would be just stupid, because no one was thinking she's bad up until that point. But why not just get a kill and do what you suggested later. They need as many people dead now, and when people finally started paying attention to Sabie, that would be a good time to use it.

linki: Bass, why did you choose to vote for MM last day? It seemed like a wasted vote, and you didn't even try to convince anyone. Also, does it mean that you think all the people who had votes on them prior to your vote, are civvies?
This early in the game I play with my gut more then anything and my gut is telling MM is bad. I didn't think AP was bad I really not sure about vomps though I think people have pointed out things that are starting to make me think he is bad. So I might me voting him or MM this time. Also why only ask me this question when I wasn't the only person to vote for someone that didn't have any votes?
Thanks for the answer. I'm asking you because after there were 4 votes on AP and 3 on Vomp, you were the first one to vote for someone else. Was just wondering. Can you please remind me why is it that your gut tells you MM is bad?

linki: According to the host's answer, a block is indeed an option. It still doesn't answer why they chose to target Sabie in the first place, though. Who would kill her?

There are a few players who have just vanished, like Lizzie, Timmer and Made. I wonder where they are.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:That's good to know Roxy. Glad you decided to keep playing! :)
That changes things. Also note, one roleblocker wouldn't have taken effect last night.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:That's good to know Roxy. Glad you decided to keep playing! :)
That changes things. Also note, one roleblocker wouldn't have taken effect last night.
Wait what
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I think SVS is acting weird and suspicious, but the number of people who have jumped on that is making me nervous. I also, like MP, acknowledge that I am bad at reading her. Does anyone agree with my "if Vompatti is bad, SVS likely saved shim, so let's lynch Vompatti first and see" logic?
No because I don't agree that Vompatti is bad in the first place. I think SVS has gained suspicion on her own-- separately from Vompatti.
Black Rock wrote:SVS, I had responded to why I put you on a watch lynch. At the time that's how I felt. Trust you less this game cause I trust you too much lately. That kind of bull. Now though you seem to be twisting in the wind. I would not be surprised if you flipped baddie. You don't have your usual civvie calm logic flowing here. I also am looking at the players that also feel this way, these are players that know you well. I don't believe they are all a baddie team setting you up so I am taking there opinion into consideration.
Question: Who are the players speaking out against SVS that, in a mafia way, know her well?
this is a good question. And BR, "calm flow of logic"? That actually pertains more to my bad game, I think. One of the reasons I do so well as a baddie, and why people always say they can't trust me is that I am better at it. I don't do stupid shit, or am less likely to do it, when I am bad. I have people depending on me, and I am much more diligent as a baddie.

Twisting how, exactly? I made some bad votes, I called MP a drama queen, and I didn't read as well as I should have. I am off to remedy that now.

But again, suspecting someone becasue they pretty much skimmed the thread is lame, imo. Anyone who has had BTS with me, and that is lots of you, know that I lurk in there all the time. I would have known there were concerns, and I would have been all over them. Calmly. Which is why I win as a baddie and have that :feb: rep.

I am gonna start rereading back from the last lynch, and will address issues as I see them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay no death! I also think sabie's prevented death was some sort of role-blocker rather than an elaborate baddie scheme of targeting its own members, just for simplicity's sake.

I agree SVS seems a bit more reaction-y to these accusations than I'm used to, but I can understand it, especially since the case is easily jumped upon. Her exchange with Rico this morning gave me pause - it looked like she was baiting him with the "that's what was said in chat" comments when he referred to people's talking about her in-thread, when I thought he made a legit comment. Could make her bad. Could make her a baddie hunter. Not feeling strongly, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'm still okay at this point voting Vomps due to behavior reasons re-hashed over and over again in this thread, and to see if there was any possibility of a save attempt in the last lynch. I look forward to seeing how today unfolds.

Linki - Hiya lady!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think anyone suspects you for skimming the thread SVS, but rather thought you were dodging the thread, intentionally. That's mostly been remedied for me re: you now. I don't think you intended to ignore things.

I still think it's odd though that you voted AP on such a shaky connection to MM, but I also believe your claim that you haven't read as well as you should have and that perhaps you aren't as involved this game as you're sometimes known for being. It seems this ordeal has helped you get into the game though, no? :D

Interesting that you bring up so many points about your baddie game. The usual WIFOM game can be played there but I'm not seeing it that way.

linki - good point about her convo with Rico, bloops. That did seem a bit testy from SVS, and wasn't she the one telling us to take it easy on the new guy? :ponder:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

SVS how do you feel about people talking about their own reputation and game style?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

First screw up on my part; I got my Day 1's mixed up. D & D was the BWT lynch, AP was the Blizzard lynch. My vote was at 2:21, the poll ended at 3:43. I was in & out that afternoon shovelling. Check my Facebook, facebook friends :D

I was not trying to save Vompatti; there were several people left to vote after me, and I brought the vote to 4/3, and MP had 2. Far from a save attempt. Personally, I would not be surprised if Vomp were to flip bad, but I was, and am,nowhere near convinced of it. He was more off topic than on when he was forced to become more on topic by defending himself.

Answered this twice today, answering it again.

I thought they were teammates; why else would defending be suspicious? AP had votes at that time, MM did not. If I think they both are bad, it makes more sense to vote for the one with votes. I was wrong (have you looked at my voting record in all games? I am wrong more often than not as a civ. I get my brilliance in flashes of intuition, and I have not gotten one yet this game; when i get that flash I am a dog with a bone. Here I was a Bozo instead. If I was bad, I would not have touched that bandwagon with a ten foot pole to get rid of a self voting low poster, lol, and anyone who has had BTS with me knows it).
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama, I do think closer examining the AP voters is a good idea. However, even though you feel pretty strongly about Vompatti, what if he flips civilian? Where do you think that would lead your conclusions?
My suspicion of Vomps is not tied to suspicion of other players, so his alignment, whenever it is revealed, will not influence my other suspicions at all. I suppose if he flips bad, it will make AP voters look worse, but if he flips civ, I don't see how it changes anything.

I wills ay thta right now, SVS has rocketed onto my radar, for breaking the tied vote in favor of AP, and for using MM's behavior to justify her vote for someone who is not MM.
Ricochet wrote:Snipping and highlighting the relevant part in my own post, in order for feedback on this.
Ricochet wrote: 2. I know I just voted Llama for his case on Vomps, but I'm starting to consider looking more carefully at Vomps, given that he's not helpful in his defence so far, quite the opposite. I'd like to know what other people think: in previous games, has a Vompatti pretending to be bad turned out more to actually be bad or just a cheeky civ (or was it inconclusive)? I don't mean to say I can tell right now if he's just pretending or not. But I'd be really uncomfortable if he'd survived a few more days, playing this kind of game, and turn out to be bad.
Are You Being Served, from which FZ and LC have pulled quotes, is the most recent and blatant example.
Right. And I voted for someone who I obviously thought was MMs teammate. That would be the worlds stupidest vote otherwise, and i am not the worlds stupidest person, and neither are you (perhaps the rudest, but not the stupidest). I find it hard to believe you did not understand what I was saying when i said MM was defending too hard.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama, thanks.

I actually will echo a sentiment that you stated that S~V~S is on my radar now as well; when examining the reasoning that people voted BWT and AP, I found S~V~S's second most suspicious during BWT's lynch and most suspicious during AP's lynch. Even though she started the suspicion against BWT, I believe I counterargued her points rather well. In addition, the logical fallacy of incriminating AP based on MM defending him also struck me as suspicious.

However, I know how terrible I am at reading S~V~S, and I'm not sure I suspect her heavily at this point. But she is one of the few I am most watching and advocating for tomorrow's lynch, at the moment. I need to do more re-reading and analyzing, but off the top of my head, both of her D1 votes have struck me as possibly sketchy, but especially the second one.

So I'm not sure whether that helps or hurts your case, Llama, but it's my opinion nonetheless.
Can you elaborate (but not too much :P )? Or did you and I just did not get to it yet. You have played with me for years; tell me, is it my practice to make overtly suspicious votes in general, and especially in the case of low posters/participators like AP & BWT? Anyone who has played with me for years & years, is making stupid votes for zero gain something I do as a baddie?
thellama73 wrote:EBWOP: AP had THREE votes when SVS voted for him. My point still stands.
And so does mine. I thought they were teammates. THAT IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS. Why would I try to put effort into lynchin one over the other when one already had votes?
Ricochet wrote:S~V~S is statistically the only person who voted for both lynches. I may look further into this, considering I've said I believe there has been more coordinating than reasoning in the lynches, so far.
Which is just exactly what that big scary FEB SVS would do.

I am about to hit the embed limit, plus I don;t want to make this too unwieldy. Will keep going.

Linki~ I think it depends on context, Dom. I am more asking my former BTS partners what they think. Do YOU think I would make really stupid baddie votes on two bandwagons in a row on low participators if I was a baddie?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, yeah, avoiding the thread during the dig out from a blizzard, a nieces birthday party & my brother moving, and the endgame in the Champs thread. LOL.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think anyone suspects you for skimming the thread SVS, but rather thought you were dodging the thread, intentionally. That's mostly been remedied for me re: you now. I don't think you intended to ignore things.

I still think it's odd though that you voted AP on such a shaky connection to MM, but I also believe your claim that you haven't read as well as you should have and that perhaps you aren't as involved this game as you're sometimes known for being. It seems this ordeal has helped you get into the game though, no? :D

Interesting that you bring up so many points about your baddie game. The usual WIFOM game can be played there but I'm not seeing it that way.

linki - good point about her convo with Rico, bloops. That did seem a bit testy from SVS, and wasn't she the one telling us to take it easy on the new guy? :ponder:
During day one, yeah. It is not Day One anymore, and he was dropping a bomb on me. But he is holding his own really well. I was not being testy, I was trying to get a straight answer from him.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I do tend to be suspicious of people who vote based on connections that haven't been proven yet. AP's self vote should not have been too suspicious in and of itself, but people pointed at a possible connection to MM in order to justify voting for Person. That connection is obviously impossible to defend until you're lynched and flip civ.
Thank You, you may not be agreeing with me, but at least you saw what I was saying.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:MP - how can SVS be second on your list bc of her Teeth vote? You do realize that she is the one who made the original case and vote against him, right?

Llama I see now.

TH - yeah but ot happens aa the time!

Thanks for the response MP
If by second on my list, you mean I found her BWT vote second most suspicious, yes. I do realize she is the one, but just because she started the suspicion and didn't bandwagon doesn't mean I have to find her vote the least suspicious. I counterargued against S~V~S's points and personally thought her argument to lynch BWT came down to "I disagree with your logic".

In addition, S~V~S has said many times in the past she is very good at reading BWT, so her complete lack of ability to read him this game, and her lack of acknowledging that, when she usually does acknowledge it, also surprised me.

My initial thoughts/feelings on the BWT push were as below:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Popping in for just a second before Daisy and I leave for the day, but I have the following comments since I last posted, especially since my last post was made sort of in a rush (we decided to leave later than I thought we would):

- I don't understand the suspicion of BWT. I understand S~V~S's train of thought, but I know BWT really well, and I don't see anything in BWT's posts that strikes me as anything other than just normal BWT thinking. Not only that, but while S~V~S had amazing logical points, she even admitted she gets lynched for that type of thinking all the time when she's civilian. So I'm not sure I fully understand the connection between BWT being bad because of it, only failing to logic it out like he maybe should have. Essentially, S~V~S said that she expressed others thought LC's response was genuine (including yours truly, since I found it genuine), but if BWT disagrees, should he not stick with his gut and vote LC anyway? In addition, I didn't really see BWT as "making excuses" for another player because I read Rico's responses exactly the way that BWT did, as if Rico actually did answer the question (Daisy's explanation of it is exactly what I wanted to convey, but failed to properly do so, honestly). I hope you folks are right, but that train makes me way nervous, and I'm leaning more civvie on BWT than baddie at this point.
And no problem. :)
And in the last game, he played me to death. I don't recall the game, but I was convinced he was civ, and he was not. He switched up his game big time, plus I thought his vote was opportunistic, which for me was a sign of bad BWT. What game was BWT bad in last? He really shcoked me, I was impressed tbh~ I think I was the only person NOT to vote for him, since I was so sure I could read him. He really switched up his game.

In any case, there was nothing else between ^^ and when i started posting this AM.

I still stand by my point this AM; not sure where Rico got the idea a big case was coming. What case could be made was made. SVS made some bad votes for civvies. She thought MM & AP were teammates. She was wrong. She was not around as much as usual becasue she had RL.

Is there anything else I need to address? Becasue I have not eaten dinner yet, and I need to look in the other thread.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nijuukyugou wrote:Yay no death! I also think sabie's prevented death was some sort of role-blocker rather than an elaborate baddie scheme of targeting its own members, just for simplicity's sake.

I agree SVS seems a bit more reaction-y to these accusations than I'm used to, but I can understand it, especially since the case is easily jumped upon. Her exchange with Rico this morning gave me pause - it looked like she was baiting him with the "that's what was said in chat" comments when he referred to people's talking about her in-thread, when I thought he made a legit comment. Could make her bad. Could make her a baddie hunter. Not feeling strongly, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'm still okay at this point voting Vomps due to behavior reasons re-hashed over and over again in this thread, and to see if there was any possibility of a save attempt in the last lynch. I look forward to seeing how today unfolds.

Linki - Hiya lady!
SVS is famed for her defensiveness :shrug:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:Also, yeah, avoiding the thread during the dig out from a blizzard, a nieces birthday party & my brother moving, and the endgame in the Champs thread. LOL.
endgame?
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I guess it really isn't, but It feels that way, though. So many non participators :( It has that intense "lets sit in a circle and stare at each other" feel that endgames have.

It is getting down to the brass tacks point, I think, though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

SVS, the only question I have left is... where are you looking for today?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

I don't think I am that rude.

I do think I am voting for Vompatti now, though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:I guess it really isn't, but It feels that way, though. So many non participators :( It has that intense "lets sit in a circle and stare at each other" feel that endgames have.

It is getting down to the brass tacks point, I think, though.
Ok, I have been watching that game since I died and had not looked today. Thought I missed something.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:SVS, the only question I have left is... where are you looking for today?
Not sure yet, I was actually going to take a look at Vomps and the case on him. I was also curious about the Sabie thing, but that seems to have been clarified, and nothing can be gleaned from it, am I correct?

The only thing that has stood out to me is Ricochets precocious game, but not sure how closely that is wrapped up in my mind with the push I have felt against me. Having voted for 2 civvies in a row, I am not trusting myself very much right now. I had hoped to read other cases tonight and keep my mouth shut today :) last 2 times I opened it did not work out so well.

i know who i feel good about more so than who i feel bad about. Do you have any suggestions?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S, thanks for responding. I appreciate it. It's possible that perhaps I am either overly scrutinizing your game or finding your actions suspicious when in reality they would be more characteristic of your civilian game than baddie game.

What I find interesting is that players have described S~V~S's playstyle differently (like Bass v. Black Rock). What do people make of that?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

What do you think of that MP?

Dom, who are you looking at today?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:S~V~S, thanks for responding. I appreciate it. It's possible that perhaps I am either overly scrutinizing your game or finding your actions suspicious when in reality they would be more characteristic of your civilian game than baddie game.

What I find interesting is that players have described S~V~S's playstyle differently (like Bass v. Black Rock). What do people make of that?

I've seen her play both ways, she's not always calm as a baddie, I have seen her cornered before and lose all cool. So, no I don't believe that. I am much more satisfied with her answers now and she's talked me into believing her. Would you say she gained composure as a civvie self or a baddie self?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:S~V~S, thanks for responding. I appreciate it. It's possible that perhaps I am either overly scrutinizing your game or finding your actions suspicious when in reality they would be more characteristic of your civilian game than baddie game.

I've seen her play both ways, she's not always calm as a baddie, I have seen her cornered before and lose all cool. So, no I don't believe that. I am much more satisfied with her answers now and she's talked me into believing her. Would you say she gained composure as a civvie self or a baddie self?
Think of what? Her defenses? I don't know; they give me some pause. I'm trying to be reasonable at this point, but I don't feel super confident about anyone, so I need to at least somewhat stick with my gut probably.

And regarding this post: I am not sure what I have seen from her, but your recollection might be more similar to mine. And I don't know.

Do you still suspect TH or Dom at all or not? Any other players you have reads on? What about LC?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 205
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am in zebra Betsey Johnson PJs and watching a documentary on Kerouac and still have not found a bird head, but I am available for any questions you may have tonight for the next 90 mins or so. Tomorrow, there might be an event...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How does everyone feel about MovingPictures?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:How does everyone feel about MovingPictures?
It is one of the best albums of all time. :noble:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Man your videos are as long as your posts :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:

No, I really freaked out in that one game at RM, where Epi said i was lying becasue i did not take long enough to eat dinner, you hosted that one, it was the one where I subbed in for Rey back into the same team, the last Recruitment. That was more of a rage quit. That embarassed me, and everyone else I think :blush:

I am better at pretending to be calm than at actually being calm (and this goes for rl, too) if that makes sense.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

I just got tickets to see Rush on May 30th.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by zeek »

Lustful
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Think of what? Her defenses? I don't know; they give me some pause. I'm trying to be reasonable at this point, but I don't feel super confident about anyone, so I need to at least somewhat stick with my gut probably.

And regarding this post: I am not sure what I have seen from her, but your recollection might be more similar to mine. And I don't know.

Do you still suspect TH or Dom at all or not? Any other players you have reads on? What about LC?
I do. LC is reading civ to me at this point but that could change. I am going back and forth on most players right now. I don't have a reason to trust anyone but it would be silly to put more than half of the players on a watch list.

What do you think about Llama?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Man your videos are as long as your posts :p
:haha:

Of all the jokes about my long posts, this one might be my favorite.

thellama73 wrote:I just got tickets to see Rush on May 30th.
I am going to see what success I have with the pre-sale tomorrow morning for Austin (May 16th), but if that doesn't work out, I'll be getting them as soon as they go on sale to the public. I've seen them 5 times now (Snakes and Arrows tour both legs, Time Machine, Clockwork Angels twice -- once in Columbus, once in Cleveland) and they were so amazing every time. Especially since the band have said this could very well be their last major tour, you can bet I won't miss it. :D

Black Rock wrote:
I do. LC is reading civ to me at this point but that could change. I am going back and forth on most players right now. I don't have a reason to trust anyone but it would be silly to put more than half of the players on a watch list.

What do you think about Llama?
Good to know. I'm having the same problem. :(

You know... I have a hard time reading Llama. That said, I have been seeing his civilian game so far. I think he may be the person I feel most confident about being civilian right now, BUT of course that could be wrong, and I may change my mind later. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
Lustful
Oh, and I feel that way about Rush too. :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:A question to the thread in general. What am I missing about Vomp? I do not know his play style well can something spell it out for me cause I don't get it. Is it just the last vote?
He is near impossible to read. I'd rather lynch someone that I feel is bad than someone I don't know about.

Linki: As I said before, I agree that it was probably a roleblocker. But I am still interested in what everyone else thinks. LC has been aloof so far. He's introducing (or commenting on) ideas and letting other players play with them, but hasn't been involved himself. I think one of SVS or LC is bad. I agree with sabie. I'd bet she's a victim of circumstance.

Also, you mention that you think that the idea was introduced to create confusion, but you think LC is good. LC wouldn't 'try' to create confusion if he is good, would he?
I think you are wrong. I am not bad, an tbh, I have not seen bad LC. He has a kind of snarky edginess to him when he's bad, like he can't help himself. I have never seen LC as a bumbling baddie, lol. And neither of us is batting 1000 this game. No one is, really. Does someone have to be a shredder to get your support? You seem to be heading the same way this lynch. Although I have to agree re Sabie, Mongooses' clarification re kill portrayal makes it something we can speculate on, but nothing concrete, as well as Roxy revealing that she was the person who initially requested replacement :hugs:

I am rereading the case on Vomps tonight, and parts of the thread unrelated to me :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S, I'm very intrigued to hear whom you're suspecting most after your re-read, in addition to whatever other thoughts you have.

If I had to vote right now, honestly, I don't know what I'd do with it. I am feeling better about you since your defenses, and I do doubt that a baddie S~V~S would so carelessly vote two civilians (or risk being the voter for two possible civilians), so I'll consider not throwing a vote your way.

I still don't really feel Vomps is bad; I just have barely any read on him.

I don't feel Rico, Bass, or Llama have earned my vote either; they all have seemed OK to me.

I was definitely pinged by BR earlier, but her clarification has made me realize I probably overreacted. She has been more participatory today and she seems genuine.

I have had minor pings of Dom and FZ. earlier in the game, but neither of them are on my baddie radar at all right now.

Not sure what I think about the rest.

The baddies are doing a good job this game so far, that's what I'm thinking. Either that or I just plain suck. Probably both.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:SVS, the only question I have left is... where are you looking for today?
Not sure yet, I was actually going to take a look at Vomps and the case on him. I was also curious about the Sabie thing, but that seems to have been clarified, and nothing can be gleaned from it, am I correct?

The only thing that has stood out to me is Ricochets precocious game, but not sure how closely that is wrapped up in my mind with the push I have felt against me. Having voted for 2 civvies in a row, I am not trusting myself very much right now. I had hoped to read other cases tonight and keep my mouth shut today :) last 2 times I opened it did not work out so well.

i know who i feel good about more so than who i feel bad about. Do you have any suggestions?
MP, TH asked that question earlier. Still not sure, my trust in my own judgment here is bad right now. I can see the point on Vomps, but am not sure I will feel comfortable jumping on yet another bandwagon for an unorthodox player.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

MP, TH asked that question earlier. Still not sure, my trust in my own judgment here is bad right now. I can see the point on Vomps, but am not sure I will feel comfortable jumping on yet another bandwagon for an unorthodox player.
Oh, yes, I'm sorry -- I saw your response, I just was saying if you re-read and feel differently after it, or find anything, I'm very curious if you come up with any suspects.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:A question to the thread in general. What am I missing about Vomp? I do not know his play style well can something spell it out for me cause I don't get it. Is it just the last vote?
He is near impossible to read. I'd rather lynch someone that I feel is bad than someone I don't know about.

Linki: As I said before, I agree that it was probably a roleblocker. But I am still interested in what everyone else thinks. LC has been aloof so far. He's introducing (or commenting on) ideas and letting other players play with them, but hasn't been involved himself. I think one of SVS or LC is bad. I agree with sabie. I'd bet she's a victim of circumstance.

Also, you mention that you think that the idea was introduced to create confusion, but you think LC is good. LC wouldn't 'try' to create confusion if he is good, would he?
I think you are wrong. I am not bad, an tbh, I have not seen bad LC. He has a kind of snarky edginess to him when he's bad, like he can't help himself. I have never seen LC as a bumbling baddie, lol. And neither of us is batting 1000 this game. No one is, really. Does someone have to be a shredder to get your support? You seem to be heading the same way this lynch. Although I have to agree re Sabie, Mongooses' clarification re kill portrayal makes it something we can speculate on, but nothing concrete, as well as Roxy revealing that she was the person who initially requested replacement :hugs:

I am rereading the case on Vomps tonight, and parts of the thread unrelated to me :noble:
No, there are other players I don't think are bad. This just might be the first game where you aren't on that list.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@Mongoose~ lovely hostess, are all fail kills portrayed the same way, or are distinctions made?
Hiya Mongoose. I'd love an answer to this when you get a chance.
I don't portray how the kill fails happened. Anything in the story is just for flavor :)

Thanks for requoting this, I missed it the first time.
No problem. Thank you for the answer. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

No, there are other players I don't think are bad. This just might be the first game where you aren't on that list.
Well, then you don't know me very well XD

Seriously, i jumped on two Day One bandwagons in a row. I'm an idiot, but I'm a civvie idiot :derp:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But you're still trying to convince me that all my reads are wrong. ;) That's the impression I get.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The baddies are doing a good job this game so far, that's what I'm thinking. Either that or I just plain suck. Probably both.
:evileye: It's Day 2. AP is the only dead player. You're giving the baddies waaay too much credit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The baddies are doing a good job this game so far, that's what I'm thinking. Either that or I just plain suck. Probably both.
:evileye: It's Day 2. AP is the only dead player. You're giving the baddies waaay too much credit.
That's not what I meant. I was talking about the fact that I don't have anyone I feel super suspicious about.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
That's not what I meant. I was talking about the fact that I don't have anyone I feel super suspicious about.
You could always self-vote. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You could always self-vote. :p
No. :p

What do people think of Canuck?

And is timmer silenced or something? Is there even a silencer? I'd have to go check. It's almost :offtobed: time for me though.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Post by timmer »

Sorry, I'm here, I'm just having a busy day at work. I'll reread Day 1.1 on my supper break, I'll finish when I get home.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:Sorry, I'm here, I'm just having a busy day at work. I'll reread Day 1.1 on my supper break, I'll finish when I get home.
That was quick answer to your question MP.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:Sorry, I'm here, I'm just having a busy day at work. I'll reread Day 1.1 on my supper break, I'll finish when I get home.
That was quick answer to your question MP.
Yeah, I suppose it was. :p

Well, folks, I'm out of here. :offtobed: See you for the vote tomorrow!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote: Linki~ I think it depends on context, Dom. I am more asking my former BTS partners what they think. Do YOU think I would make really stupid baddie votes on two bandwagons in a row on low participators if I was a baddie?
I don't.
I would like to think I know your game fairly well, as well. :)

I remain on the fence about you.
Black Rock wrote:What do you think of that MP?

MP, mainly. Llama, in recent posts, has assuaged concerns I had with him-- for now, at least. SVS is a potential suspicion for me, but I think her rebuttal was nicely put. Ricochet has said a few things that made me twitch, but nothing major.

While we're at it, can you answer my question about who you think knows SVS's game well enough to judge her? I'm curious who you think that would be.
I don't trust him one bit. :D
MovingPictures07 wrote: No. :p

What do people think of Canuck?

And is timmer silenced or something? Is there even a silencer? I'd have to go check. It's almost :offtobed: time for me though.
Canuck is someone that I don't feel I know well anymore. I used to play with her more, but I'm not getting a solid read either way quite yet. I hope to play with her lots more (ya here that, Canuck? :D)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I think I'm understanding SVS completely clear right now. Thank you.

Now who do I want to vote this day period? I agree with MP (although he's on my watch list) I think the baddies are doing a wonderful job right now. I'm starting to see a lot of civ on civ things coming together. It's like I had a couple of drinks tonight and everything started coming together... or I'm just getting drunk. Who knows how I'll feel in the morning. Maybe someone will confess to their sins.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Linki~ I think it depends on context, Dom. I am more asking my former BTS partners what they think. Do YOU think I would make really stupid baddie votes on two bandwagons in a row on low participators if I was a baddie?
I don't.
I would like to think I know your game fairly well, as well. :)

I remain on the fence about you.
Black Rock wrote:What do you think of that MP?

MP, mainly. Llama, in recent posts, has assuaged concerns I had with him-- for now, at least. SVS is a potential suspicion for me, but I think her rebuttal was nicely put. Ricochet has said a few things that made me twitch, but nothing major.

While we're at it, can you answer my question about who you think knows SVS's game well enough to judge her? I'm curious who you think that would be.
There was a few people, Roxy made me think the most. I am thinking differently now and I am less comfortable with Roxy. MP, TH, and you also hit that point.

I thought when I hit this thread today I had a few things figured out but now I am questioning myself and every ones intentions. Completely embarrassing for me.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:I think I'm understanding SVS completely clear right now. Thank you.
Why did everyone just pile onto, then fall off SVS in one collective swing???

As far as I know, BR is the only one who's been drinking.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”