Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [D4] Leporidae Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

More to come soon. I'll be poking around today as I prepare for my trip, so use that mention feature and give me your questions.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I will never not be annoyed by paging myself.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Roxy ISO next because I'm short on time + she's the player I have paid the least attention to.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:53 am Cap’n Crunch is the best non-bunny cereal mascot.
Peanut Butter? And I agree!
G-Man wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:17 pm We live in a world where both of our current no-posters (Wilgy and Splints) are baddies and planning to low-post coast through Day 1 to establish psychological advantage.

Discuss.
I'm never voting splints here.
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:48 am
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:46 am Any thoughts so far?
You and Jay have done an adequate job of hoisting this game out of the silent void it was resting in. Enough so to award you each a townie point.

Sloonei's Maf
Waffling on Sloonei is the path to destruction. One must either love him or take him out of the game. There can be no middle path.
:noble:
Outdated take.
No u.
First game-related post after a couple off-topic banter posts. Roxy is "Never voting for splints" Day 1. Unclear if that is because Roxy refuses to vote no-shows on Day 1, or if this stance is unique to fingersplints herself.

Also misinterprets my rebuttal to G-man as a "no u", with a potential implication that this is a mark of suspicion against me. I was not shading G-man. I was just stating that times have changed and I'm not the Sloonei I used to be.

A series of questions. I have no comments, just noting.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:29 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm Would not vote:

Delta
JJJ
DrWilgy
fingersplints (D1 courtesy only)
Surprised yet happy to see splints on your list.
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:27 am
Roxy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:31 am
Roxy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:58 am New game - yay! Glad we have some time as I am on my way to work.

Happy Fry-YAY!!!!!

Hello hello! o/
:hug: :workit:
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:14 am [VOTE: epi] aubergine

Trix is shitty cereal, and the Trix rabbit is bottom rung cereal mascot...does not even come close to Tony the Tiger, or Snap Crackle & Pop
WT-----A-------F???????????????????????

No, just no!
Original fake Trix with all the preservatives and shit I cannot pronounce is way better than it is now - in fact so much better they are returning to the original kind!! <3

Plus nothing is greater than Pebbles on the Fruity Pebbles box <3

Frosted Flakes and Rice Krispies are for old people ---like older than me even.

I do not even know you right now!

Still not much happening tho I do realize some are doing their jam by making something out of nothing Day 1 and I say more power to ya.

For me I have seen nothing worth mentioning as yet.
Be the cereal you wish to see in the world.

[VOTE: Roxy-Os] aubergine
but I was? Why do you hate Fruity Pebbles?

I would never be so bland as to be anything associated with an "O's" FYI!
Responds to Epi's Day 1 vote with a joke. Meh.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:43 am Ok I am caught up and tbh there really is not much here from anyone that says "hey I am bad".

I always struggle on D 1's and am astounded at those that can pick and nudge people and find stuff on D 1.

Am not sure who is bad nor who to trust just yet. It's way too early for that.

I know I probs would not vote for Wigly or splints but I probs won't vote GMan as it has been a-while since we have last played and I am hopeful for a GMan style game since he is around! (how's the kids?)

Delta is high posting.
Lime Coke feels absent.
LC feels like he is auditioning for a SNL episode.
falcon seems normal but I cannot trust my read on him any longer.
JJJ feels like and eager beaver aiming to please.
Epi seems like Epi and since I feel he is bad he is probs good.
Sloonei I cannot even remember the last time we played but I do know this feels like you are doing your best Vompatti impression.

this is where I am and honestly very unsure of where my vote will go.
Roxy expresses a lot of non-committal reads on most of the roster. To be fair, she did preface all of this by saying she was struggling to develop reads on way or the other. And I think most of us were in the same boat on Day 1. One thing I will note is that she expresses an unwillingness to vote for G-man because "it's been a while" since they played together. If we assume that mafia Roxy would extend the same courtesy for the Night 1 kill, that is a definite point in her favor.

I object to nothing that was said in this post to begin Day 2. The lack of a Day 1 vote is not ideal, but not damning in any way.
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm
Delta wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm

I'm kinda just caught off guard by it is all?
Yeah, that feels exagerrated though. Kind of fake.
I don't like this.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Nah, that's bull. I don't know if this narrative of single voters has merit, but I see no difference between them and a Sloonei voter. At all.

Delta's reaction to falcon wanting to keep players in that hadn't played in a while was not believable to me, the level of "oh my god WHAT??" was cranked too high. Artificial drama. My suspicion should be pretty legitimate upon analysis, so analyze and try again please.

b) I understood falcon's perspective because I share it. Because I agree with it. And I think most peoples' here history with me should back up that I am JUST that kind of "heart" player. I would rather keep an old friend that I miss in the game than go after them for any reason at all.

Name one player that fits the bill more than G-man, even in this game with fingersplints, JJJ, Sloonei, Roxy, G-man stands out as a very special presence that I would have liked to appreciate for more than Day 1.

The wolves made a mistake, and the result is that they might as well kill me on Night 2, now, as respectfully as possible, please remove this obviously off-target vote from me, and let's try and expand this concept further.
I dont see how I played up my reaction at all. It was one word, friend. But :shrug:
Of course, this is a game of subtleties. One word is one word; the intention behind it is what I have to decipher. My perspective on Lime's notable moves EoD1 were "geez, this is sketchy, he's in danger of suddenly becoming a counterwagon with this unusual stuff".

UNTIL he explained the reasoning, and that immediately slid the perspective back into alignment for me.

BUT you were still angling toward "this guy's unbelievable", yes with one word, but it is that attempt to hang on to that 'maybe this is enough to vote him' perspective that I read into that post... that is too far into predatory to let slide.

This is easy to defend against, because it is reading into a subtlety. But that's the game. [VOTE: delta] aubergine
While I am not I agree fully with your Lime take I do tend to agree a bit on your Delta point. Subtlety is how mafia drives elims. It's that one word the perks up ears and pricks eye brow arches.
Two things to note here: Roxy supports Long Con's point against Delta (town). But before that, Roxy expresses some hesitance to support his point against Lime Coke (status unknown).
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:25 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:54 pm Derp.
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:53 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:32 pm
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:16 pm

Enlightening

Tell me more? :D

You asked him for thoughts on the game, and he gave the most boiler plate response I can think of for a Maf to not ruffle feathers D1
Sometimes it just be like that.
OK fair...sometimes

What are your thoughts now? Have you any other reads you could share?
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 pm [VOTE: sloon] aubergine
I've had an odd time trying to develop a meta read on falcon in the few games I've played over the last couple years. He's been a constant presence in those games, and he was already a somewhat familiar face before I took my sabbatical. But over the last, say, 5-6 games that I have played I have felt like I have seen a trend where mafia-falcon is a bit more reckless with his early-game accusations. These posts felt like they leaned a bit more toward that side of the spectrum.

The initial gripe, that I gave "the most boiler plate response" possible, followed by a generic prod + vote felt hollow to me. It felt more like the version of falcon I've seen that's more interested in causing a ruckus than in actually solving the players he's grilling. Evidently I was wrong.
I get what you are saying but I disagree on the take. I feel the opposite is true. Bad falcon tends to be quieter and barely has reads he will stand by. Town falcon seems more involved in hunting than not and has no problem giving reads.
Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:42 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm Wish I could explain that a little bit better...

But I can't and feel like the best way to explain my thought process is to simply say "I'M WASHED" and that should suffice.
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:43 pm Wish I could explain that a little bit better...

But I can't and feel like the best way to explain my thought process is to simply say "I'M WASHED" and that should suffice.
Me too bud
Washed?

What are you guys? 12?

Wait until you're my age. Then you are Time's bitch. :charlieblackmon:

(Oh shit, here comes Roxy, let me hide real quick)

It's funny yah know? What I found was that if/when the Grim Reaper shows up-- he tends to run late when you are dressed and ready.

Epignosis wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:50 pm I get the impression that the quick "conflict" up to the 5pm deadline between Delta and DrWilgy was fakeballs.

Start here:

viewtopic.php?p=1117519#p1117519

That looks like two teammates getting some jabs in when the vote is all but sealed.
:ponder: it is something I had not considered but it feels natural to me at first glance. I shall reread it after I am done catching up.
Roxy disagrees with my reason for voting Falcon on Day 1. Falcon is already dead at this point, and Roxy does not engage with me beyond simply stating her disagreement about an issue that's no longer strictly relevant to solving the game. I question the purpose of her response to me here.

She also takes a seat firmly on the fence with regards to Epi's theory about Delta and Wilgy (all town).
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am I agree with Long Con's assessment though. The mafia goofed and are unaware of the dynamic here.
I agree wholeheartedly on this.

These posts by Lime concern me. This progression and vibe are off.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:06 am Alright well guys I wanted to sit down and read the game but I have 0 motivation to do that and probably nobody on when I get on so...

*Touch*
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:07 am Oh I'm being voted.

Rather unfortunate.

Also disappointing because I'm playing like this in a game with strong players.

Not a fan of Delta being voted I'd much rather me go and y'all just don't vote him ever but bleh.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 am Mmmm...

Maybe we never actually rand town together after all.
Roxy lends support to Long Con's G-man Kill theory. I am still tempted to award Roxy a town lean for being in the camp of players that I would expect to not want to kill G-man. But I'm not as committed to that stance as I was for Long Con.

Roxy then expresses a vague "vibes are off" suspicion of Lime Coke without going into detail. I don't disagree that Lime Coke's progression was uninspiring in those posts. But why does Roxy view them as mafia-indicative?
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm I’m feeling pretty wiped, so I am going to take it easy with Mafia today. I’ll still poke around periodically so if y’all want my take on something just say the word.

Otherwise I’ll be quiet for a bit.
This just feels awkward. But I get it and have felt this way before Idk if I have ever seen *you* make this sort of statement.
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm If we operate under the assumption that G-man was not killed by an Old Syndicate Person, that leaves us with only Lime Coke and Delta. I feel like chances are slim (but not zero) that they’re both mafia.

So which old folk(s) are most likely to have murdered G-bun in cold blood?
Uh---any of us? C'mon! While unlikely any of us would do it, it is a lie to say none of us would *ever* do it. LC with his emotional plea would be the only one I would allow ANY leeway for other than that it could be anyone in this game.
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 am I do want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about people being likely/unlikely to kill G-Man, I do think at the very least he's likely town from it because I cant see a partner pushing that kill through when he feels this strongly about it

I dont really think it's Brad though and given the main focus for people likely to kill him are those with less experience with him, I'm kinda at a loss because I'm town & I think he is as well

So it's a weird situation of 'where do I do from there'
What is happening Delta?
Why don't you think Lime aka brad is bad?
Why are you at a loss?
In every game I have played with I can't say I have ever seen you at a "loss" of any kind - def never a loss for words.
I would like to know your thought process for this vote - do you have a POE? Rainbow list? Or something else?
Roxy confesses that she actually might be inclined to kill G-man on Night 1. So I guess I can't award her the townie point that I wanted to. She also throws a tiny bit of shade at Jay for not Jaying to his normal levels. Meh.

And she prods Delta a bit. I don't explicitly object to those prods. Delta's town read on Lime Coke appeared questionable. The dig about Delta never being "at a loss" feels a bit more accusatory than it needs to be, but maybe that's just Roxy's rhetorical style.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:01 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:04 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:48 am [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Finally got through.

Meh.

Between either him or Roxy.

This is- I'm down by 3 TDs and I'm saying "fuck it, DJ Moore gotta be down there somewhere" on offense - levels of confidence.

I don't feel much like voting anyone else though.
The thing for Roxy BTW is more... like I see her catch up posts and wall posts... on paper this might actually be towny but there's a chance to give it too much credit while she's a wolf.
Granted I don't think her reason to scumread me is shitty either, because she just saw me in last game and saw what I do.
But I've also ran into this trap and I'm possibly giving too much credit there as well for having a wrong read and a mafia is taking advantage of my lackadaisical play.

I'm heavily conflicted there.
So my wall posts are from a wolf but not say JJJ's or Delta's or LC's? :huh: Like what? What about mine are are wolfy?
I do not care for this response. Roxy seems to be arguing for that the form and volume of her posts, rather than their content, should be enough to award her townie points. That's no bueno.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:03 am easy peasy catch up

@fingersplints
splints wtf are you? iyatgyaihswcet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you flying under my radar here? My paranoia know no bounds!
Roxy announces extreme levels of paranoia with regard to fingersplints.
Roxy has demonstrated zero degree of paranoia with regard to fingersplints up to this point.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:20 am
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:49 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:50 am Within the first 12 hours of the day phase, @Delta switches from Hiiiiyeeeee mode to legitimate player interactions. That's good. Most of the interactions/comments are with JJJ, Falcon, and myself, so the focus is a bit narrow.

Question for Delta: You had no interaction of substance with Long Con prior to your post where you vote for him, citing "gut pings." Will you please elaborate, because this feels a little thin.

Question for the group about Delta: I don't believe I have ever played with him before. He joined last year around the time I checked out. What objective information about his play style should I know to avoid misinterpretation?

VOTING POOL:

Delta- TBD
DrWilgy- No
Fingersplints- No
Mainly just looking at his interaction with Falcon about Sloonei, stoking the fire there a bit but not really getting his hands dirty. Ties in to why I think Long Con/Sloonei wouldnt be w/w here, just struck me as a little odd.

Was hoping leaving that pretty open ended would strike a conversation before this point but got there in the end \o/

& maybe not as useful if it comes directly from me, but regardless of alignment I'm very talkative and tend to engage people on their reads a lot. I play for thread control either way.
@Delta your post here in response to Gman is what made me get bad vibes from you since D 1.

You say here that LC was stoking the fire betwixt falcon and sloonei to not get his hands dirty but reading back *YOU* were also doing much of the same ---Trying not to get your hands dirty-----

then you plop that vote down on LC.

when you did the same thing. your tone reads as though you are not really gunning or looking for your own baddies but instead disagree or agree with others about their reads.

Make a list of your poe or rainbow peoples. Thanks in advance.
States a direct suspicion against Delta. I am lacking the full context, so I can't say much about the validity of her criticism here. I will say that I'm not sure why she demands a rainbow list from Delta here. it kinda feels like an arbitrary demand that is not directly related to the rest of the post, which deals with a specific Delta-related issue from Day 1.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 pm vote lime

It's now or never for me as I must be in YaYa mode henceforth

I voted Lime bc that is where my hed is today. I know some think he is hunting but I've seen nothing of it. I mean I asked them to expand on why I'm bad bc of my wall posts and it turns out bc mine were the only ones they read so they couldn't give an opinion on JJJ or LC.
It stuck in my craw and now I must vote them.
Votes for Lime instead of Delta on Day 2. Delta did not really emerge as a wagon this phase, so the Lime Coke vote makes sense in that regard. But her posts up to this point indicated a greater preference to vote for Delta, and then she slides into the Lime Coke vote with relative ease. There was some groundwork there, to be fair.
Roxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm Show of hands. Is the following statement valid to you, yes or no?

If fingersplints was mafia, she would be more attentive to the game and also have a teammate pushing her into the thread to post and/or vote.
This is absolutely true
Strong defense of fingersplints. Interesting.
Roxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:43 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:47 pm Well LC connection was actually both town but neither of us got anything done.

Annnnnnd of course I can't catch a wolf to save my life so yeah.

I probably should've just taken the death and moved on because I can't do anything positive in these games.
JUst excuses here again - this is a new day plz give the effort Deltas says you have been but I have yet to see it.

I did see during my catch up you trying but you only keep repeating the same stuff from the previous day except you have added Epi to your non town reads.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm My instinct is to maybe vote between Sloonei or Roxy.

More likely Sloonei because scumreading Roxy doesn't feel right at all.
I have asked far too many times about your read on me I am giving up as of this post bc you have yet to do so. Now it doesn't feel right?
:stare: could it be bc you know I am town and you are not?
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:36 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
:ponder: while I have felt town for the both of you this vote and your reasons for it feel genuine.
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:24 pm [VOTE: delta] aubergine

To spite Epi.

C'mon that eod with Lime and Delta both voting Wigly felt like it was a scramble to save Lime from elim.
I am not really sure why my Delta vote is being quoted here. It doesn't seem related to the follow-up comment. Speaking of that follow-up comment, let's see what Roxy did to pursue the "Lime Coke was saved" theory.
Roxy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:28 pm voted delta

Almost forgot to vote, no one is listening to me about Lime so I followed Epi the only other one I trust
Follows Epi onto Delta because "no one is listening about Lime". Lime Coke had been a top suspect the previous day, and Roxy did not do much to push him as a suspect on this day.
Roxy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:48 am
fingersplints wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 am fingersplints/JJJ
fingersplints/Lime Coke
fingersplints/Roxy
fingersplints/Sloonei
JJJ/Lime Coke
JJJ/Roxy
JJJ/Sloonei
Lime Coke/Roxy
Lime Coke/Sloonei
Roxy/Sloonei

Going through all possibly pairings, I even included myself there for everyone to use, but I’m going to eliminate those for myself now as I know I’m town. I’ve also said I don’t think LC and Sloonei are together.

Roxy and JJJ (along with Sloonei) voted for Lime Coke day 2 tying for most votes, since that could have led to elimination I say I will eliminate all those pairings as well. This has pretty much cleared Lime Coke for me and leaving me with these three options to think about.

JJJ/Roxy
JJJ/Sloonei
Roxy/Sloonei
Do you think I'm bad? I really thought you would come in here and be like Rox is civ.
I do like that you looked at posts made this analysis but to group me like I'm a baddie, ok I guess.

If you were voting now where do you vote?
This post does not do much. She let's splints know that she's not thrilled to be listed as potential suspect at Lylo. I see no reason why Roxy should be cleared right now. Granted, I have less history with her than figersplints. Maybe she feels there is something that splints should recognize as definitively town Roxy. But I see no such thing.
Based purely on content, Roxy looks worse than fingersplints. The only slightly confident town lean I gave her early on in this exercise was the theory that she would be among the players who would not want to kill G-man. But she negated that herself in post #436, so :shrug:

My hypothetical vote is now on Roxy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:16 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:14 pm Yes I didn’t think you were saying he was suspicious hence why shortly after I said I also wasn’t feeling a falcon vote.
That's what I thought, thanks. Wanted to get that straight from Sloonei's review.
I misinterpreted then. Apologies. It did not end up being super relevant to my final read on splints, but it does make it easier to explain her sudden turn away from the Day 1 falcon wagon and lack of vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:51 pm If self-preservation had any role to play in Sloonei's vote on Day 1, then he was aware his own wagon had two votes and almost certainly that I was one of the two votes :meany:
To respond to a single point from Jay's iso: I can honestly say that I did not notice this. All I registered was that falcon and I were tied at 2 votes apiece.

As for the general point that I've not engaged with you as much: How much have you engaged with me post-Day 1?

I can't say I've made a concerted effort to probe you, nor have I felt a need to. I don't have a reason for that, it just hasn't happened. Prior to this phase, I would have slapped the obligatory town read on you. I still do not feel I've seen anything nefarious, but the game state demands that I re-examine that read now.

I will also admit to feeling a little content on Day 3. I thought we actually were playing the game on easy mode with a Delta/Lime Coke team.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

fingersplints wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:30 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:55 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 pm Ok I decided to start with the dead players ISO/polls first. Almost all of this has certainly already been discussed, but :shrug: posting it anyways

falcon

suspicion of Sloonei

delta “probably” maf, jjj town in jjj or delta scenario

maybe suspicion of Lime Coke

Votes Sloonei
(Day ends with falcon 3 - gman, Sloonei, and delta. Sloonei with 2 - falcon, jjj. Delta, Epi, Long Con, and Roxy 1 each)

Night 1 - gman killed

gman

slight suspicion of delta but not enough to make his POE later in last post before his falcon vote

POE - falcon, both LC’s, Roxy, Sloonei

Dr Wilgy

I didn’t get a real clear idea of who he suspected or thought was town from his posts, as there was some joking as is his norm.

Day 1 - he voted Epi but I’m not clear why. Day 2 he didn’t vote.

Vote ended with a tie ( 3 Wilgy - Epi, Lime Coke, Delta. 3 Lime Coke - Roxy, JJJ, Sloonei. 1 Delta - Long Con)

Ok I’ve run out of time to do Long Con as it’s after midnight, but so far my analysis is I can see why Lime coke and delta are getting votes just based on this alone. Delta voted for town killed both days, and received some suspicion by both killed at night (very light suspicion from gman, and voted day 2 from long Con)

Lime Coke was tied yesterday, and on gmans POE so also not a great look.

I’d probably put Sloonei in my POE just based on this ^^^ falcon’s suspicion and falcon being eliminated day 1 when he had second most votes, gmans POE. However voted Lime Coke, not Wilgy so probably not team with LC.

JJJ looking good with both his votes, and seemed town read.

Need further evaluation on epi and Roxy.

JJJ

Epi/Roxy

Sloonei

lime coke/delta
Like all of this... just for bottom 2 of Delta/Me.

I was massively disappointed because I also feel like FS even when she has limited time will still make herself to be obvious town and have something to give that helps town out.
And to add to that: Find me as town because she has a good read on me.
Well I am also disappointed in my ability to play this game so far. But couldn’t be helped. I’ll be around some more today as I’m now at a nice raining beach holiday

I did mention when I voted that I think you/sloonei would impact how I feel about the other. Delta’s vouch that this is your town game holds some weight, so definitely looking at Sloonei even more now.

Are you saying at the end I have a good read on you?
Normally yes. I'm pretty sure every time we've been t/t we kinda just find each other as town and it makes the game somewhat easier for me since I can trust what you're doing.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

By the way I fucked up and clicked to look at results so I'm locked out of voting for the poll.

Obviously can still vote on tags.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:52 pm As for the general point that I've not engaged with you as much: How much have you engaged with me post-Day 1?
Less than I probably should have, but some (either talking at you or about you). e.g., seeking your take on Lime Coke, affirming your take on Long Con and including Epi (as non G-Man killers), dissociating you from Delta, responding to your general query about a Roxy/Lime Coke pairing, etc.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

vote sloonei

Idk just feels like no one will ever listen to me on my Lime theory so this is where I landed. PI'll locked me out when I checked it so I hope @Syn finds this acceptable
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well damn okay

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hope the game isn't over

For the time being I will continue working, I am mid-Roxy ISO

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I can post anything. Freaking error error error lag lag error

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:59 pm vote sloonei

Idk just feels like no one will ever listen to me on my Lime theory so this is where I landed. PI'll locked me out when I checked it so I hope @Syn finds this acceptable
What made you choose Sloonei if you felt Lime was off the table?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

226 users online

Go away ChatGPT JFC

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reviewing Roxy

Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:52 am
G-Man wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:17 pm We live in a world where both of our current no-posters (Wilgy and Splints) are baddies and planning to low-post coast through Day 1 to establish psychological advantage.

Discuss.
I'm never voting splints here.
Strong pro-splints (or at least anti-vote-splints) stance in response to G-Man's thinking aloud. I believe this is the first in a series, or at least two to my memory, such comments about splints so that'll be something to follow.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:07 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:02 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:08 amWhat if I told you that there was a Canucks playoff game last night, and hockey > Maf?
I certainly believe you that hockey > Maf, though I’m not sure hockey prevents falcon from making falcon posts.
In your own words (and go easy here as it is Saturday and I'm not trying to use my brain today) please tell me what constitutes a falcon post?
This was a fair question, because I was vague in my wording. I appreciate Roxy holding me to some kind of standard here.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm I don't think Wilgy is mafia.
Is this in the same way I feel about splints?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:30 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
What made you actually throw a vote?
These kinds of questions are less impactful and don't move the needle much.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:29 am
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:52 pm Would not vote:

Delta
JJJ
DrWilgy
fingersplints (D1 courtesy only)
Surprised yet happy to see splints on your list.
Another solid vouch for fingersplints, at this point I believe still before she had posted. This may be more policy than interpersonal (i.e., something driven by the unique relationships that exist between splints and Roxy). I'll ask about that after this review.
Roxy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:43 am Ok I am caught up and tbh there really is not much here from anyone that says "hey I am bad".

I always struggle on D 1's and am astounded at those that can pick and nudge people and find stuff on D 1.

Am not sure who is bad nor who to trust just yet. It's way too early for that.

I know I probs would not vote for Wigly or splints but I probs won't vote GMan as it has been a-while since we have last played and I am hopeful for a GMan style game since he is around! (how's the kids?)

Delta is high posting.
Lime Coke feels absent.
LC feels like he is auditioning for a SNL episode.
falcon seems normal but I cannot trust my read on him any longer.
JJJ feels like and eager beaver aiming to please.
Epi seems like Epi and since I feel he is bad he is probs good.
Sloonei I cannot even remember the last time we played but I do know this feels like you are doing your best Vompatti impression.

this is where I am and honestly very unsure of where my vote will go.
I can't quite say that these reads are actually reads. This is uninspiring.

Roxy, I believe I'd asked you what you meant exactly by "eager beaver aiming to please" before, and I don't recall seeing an answer. It could be interpreted as a good thing or as a bad thing. I'd appreciate you doing so today.
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:09 pm @fingersplints, @Roxy --> y'all didn't vote. Why
I had planned on it but rl happened with my head and a concussion. Sometimes being a YaYa hurts. Had planned to vote Lime as they are not playing in the townie way I had gotten used to expecting.
Roxy also missed the Day 1 vote. I'm content to take this explanation and move on. I hope you're doing alright, Roxy.
I had planned on it but rl happened with my head and a concussion. Sometimes being a YaYa hurts. Had planned to vote Lime as they are not playing in the townie way I had gotten used to expecting.

I totally agree with the Gman take. He has been missed and I can say that NO - you would never have made this kill. Kinda like me with newbies and not voting them on D 1's.

I also agree that Delta going after falcon for saying he wanted to keep players that they haven't played with for awhile around.

I have also noted no mention was made of me for saying basically the same thing here:
Roxy immediately accepted Long Con's appeal regarding the G-Man kill. If there's anything to do with this, it'd be to assess if a mafia Roxy would anticipate that kind of reaction to a G-Man kill (which would be motivation not to do it). I don't think I am comfortable making that leap though.
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:36 pm [VOTE: No Vote] aubergine

I'll think things over. I may just give Day 1 a reread since it was so short.
I appreciate that, as I am trying to convey the actual true passion I am feeling about the situation, and I hope this means that it is being felt.
At the very least, I can believe that a mafia team with Long Con that kills G-Man does so against his protest or somehow without communication. And that means something.
Maybe but tbh if I was on a team that did a kill behind my back, the next day they are being bussed heavily.
It'd be funny if this somehow ended up being literal. XD
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 pm I will explain my falcon vote in more detail once I have food in my belly. Full sentences too much work.
Looking forward to it bc during my catch up I disliked your reasoning thinking it did not make sense. He called your response "boiler plate" level. Which cannot be good but I think he was trying to bring you more into the game and instead of town'ing up you voted him. Seemed a bit like "nananana boo-boo"
Here's some precedent for Sloonei suspicion leading to today's vote. The rationale is a bit reachy. I'm not sure falcon was "trying to bring Sloonei more into the game" as much as he was just stating a suspicion. I can agree that Sloonei's response was iffy though.
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:25 am I get what you are saying but I disagree on the take. I feel the opposite is true. Bad falcon tends to be quieter and barely has reads he will stand by. Town falcon seems more involved in hunting than not and has no problem giving reads.
I'd have liked this response to Sloonei more if had come the previous day.
Roxy wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am I agree with Long Con's assessment though. The mafia goofed and are unaware of the dynamic here.
I agree wholeheartedly on this.

These posts by Lime concern me. This progression and vibe are off.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:06 am Alright well guys I wanted to sit down and read the game but I have 0 motivation to do that and probably nobody on when I get on so...

*Touch*

Rather unfortunate.

Not a fan of Delta being voted I'd much rather me go and y'all just don't vote him ever but bleh.

Unclear what the "vibe" or "progression" refer to in this context or why they are off.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm I’m feeling pretty wiped, so I am going to take it easy with Mafia today. I’ll still poke around periodically so if y’all want my take on something just say the word.

This just feels awkward. But I get it and have felt this way before Idk if I have ever seen *you* make this sort of statement.
Fair observation. I don't typically make posts like that, so I don't fault Roxy for regarding it as awkward. Covid gonna covid
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:55 amUh---any of us? C'mon! While unlikely any of us would do it, it is a lie to say none of us would *ever* do it. LC with his emotional plea would be the only one I would allow ANY leeway for other than that it could be anyone in this game.
It may be implied by the "us", but here's a good opportunity to just ask the question. Roxy, would you be willing to kill G-Man on Night 1?
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 am I do want to put stock into what Long Con's saying about people being likely/unlikely to kill G-Man, I do think at the very least he's likely town from it because I cant see a partner pushing that kill through when he feels this strongly about it

I dont really think it's Brad though and given the main focus for people likely to kill him are those with less experience with him, I'm kinda at a loss because I'm town & I think he is as well

What is happening Delta?
Why don't you think Lime aka brad is bad?
Why are you at a loss?
In every game I have played with I can't say I have ever seen you at a "loss" of any kind - def never a loss for words.
I would like to know your thought process for this vote - do you have a POE? Rainbow list? Or something else?
Can't blame Roxy for asking these questions when I found myself wondering many of the same things. Bless Delta, for he was innocent, but he seemed well out of character in the moment.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:32 am

Is there anyone you're seeing as wolfy or at the least not a townread? The best we can do is just try to form a wagon ourselves and see where it goes from there.
What makes you townread Delta? Is it bc they townread you? You are going to form your own wagon? Why not try to find other townies so we can actually find a baddie for elim? Maybe if we work together instead of new against old we would get somewhere.
That last sentence is legitimately a great sentiment. I'm not entirely sure that Roxy has lived that statement in this game, but the concept is excellent. That tension between the strategic appeal and the actual play is a bit concerning.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:03 am easy peasy catch up

@fingersplints
splints wtf are you? iyatgyaihswcet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you flying under my radar here? My paranoia know no bounds!
Dramatic. I don't know what warranted paranoia about splints in this moment. People are absent sometimes.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:20 am @Delta your post here in response to Gman is what made me get bad vibes from you since D 1.

You say here that LC was stoking the fire betwixt falcon and sloonei to not get his hands dirty but reading back *YOU* were also doing much of the same ---Trying not to get your hands dirty-----

then you plop that vote down on LC.

when you did the same thing. your tone reads as though you are not really gunning or looking for your own baddies but instead disagree or agree with others about their reads.

Make a list of your poe or rainbow peoples. Thanks in advance.
While the Delta read has since gone sour, I think I like the severity of this post. Particularly the motion from "you're just agreeing/disagreeing with others" to "make your own reads list" is a decent glimpse into a solving brain.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:51 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:37 am 1. Delta felt super solvey with what little the game had to offer early. Has continued and things like the Long Con read feels like good faith solving.
Annnnd maybe relate to him because we're on the bottom of the barrel this game and need to fight upwards.

2. I...actually don't know.
I actually feel like if this was like a bigger game like 15+ I'd just throw you into towns but it's lower so maybe that's why I'm being less generous?
ok thanks for the response?

Can you answer the questions?
What are different about my posts vs JJJ or LC?
What makes my posts "wolfy"?

You only explained that Delta felt "super solvey" and you like they continued with their Long Con read in good faith. (I disagree here but we are talking about YOUR reads).
This moment is a decent reflection of the "work together instead of new against old" that Roxy mentioned previously, so at least there's more than zero evidence of that in progress. "Working together" is a stretch, but it's amicable and leaves room for some kind of productive dialogue.
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:59 pm vote lime

It's now or never for me as I must be in YaYa mode henceforth

I voted Lime bc that is where my hed is today. I know some think he is hunting but I've seen nothing of it. I mean I asked them to expand on why I'm bad bc of my wall posts and it turns out bc mine were the only ones they read so they couldn't give an opinion on JJJ or LC.
It stuck in my craw and now I must vote them.
We must also note that it didn't hold up. Whether this is a "problem" is wholly dependent upon Lime Coke's alignment, so perhaps I'll build on that once I get to his review.
Roxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:02 pm Show of hands. Is the following statement valid to you, yes or no?

If fingersplints was mafia, she would be more attentive to the game and also have a teammate pushing her into the thread to post and/or vote.
This is absolutely true
Werd, cool, I dig. Roxy's overall reception of splints has been quite positive save that moment of paranoia, so Roxy should talk about whatever that was.
Roxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:43 am C'mon that eod with Lime and Delta both voting Wigly felt like it was a scramble to save Lime from elim.
This kind of thing doesn't thrill me. So and so was saving so and so. Meh.
Roxy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:28 pm voted delta

Almost forgot to vote, no one is listening to me about Lime so I followed Epi the only other one I trust
Okay. Maybe a bit lame to credit the miss-vote to Epignosis instead of taking responsibility.

There are some decent moments in here, though the holistic view is more ambiguous. It isn't always easy to follow where Roxy's head is at, and some of her content seems to be deceptively shallow. I wouldn't clear her on the basis of this review. Given that it's ambiguous, I'd love to hear from others (beyond just Sloonei, who has already reviewed Roxy himself).

In particular, @fingersplints, Roxy has given you unique treatment in this game (a higher level of trust). Would you say this is typical of her? How do you feel about Roxy in general, independent of POEs or associations?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If all of that was just a giant waste of my time, I get what I deserve. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd really like some confirmation that this game is or is not mechanically over before I dedicate the time to fully reviewing Lime Coke and carrying on from there. I have a lot on my plate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

why would the game be over? has someone other than Roxy voted?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:35 pm why would the game be over? has someone other than Roxy voted?
If the team is Lime Coke/fingersplints, the game is effectively over. Just need either of them to drop in for a moment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ah

well i won't have time to do heavy work tomorrow, so I'm going to attempt to dive into my two remaining ISOs now. if the game is over then i guess it will be a fun reading exercise.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I finished the night's work, so I'll go ahead and continue.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJammyJay
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:07 pm
Delta wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:05 pm I'm JaggedJimmyJay. I'm playing the Mafia game.

:bliss:
hihi JJJ o/
What kind of bun do you believe you are, deep down? Are you the bun that you wish to be in the world?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:51 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:44 pm Looking really hard for redemption after the last game because dear god the last one was absolute hell.

And knowing my luck it'll manage to go worse.
HEY! LIME COKE.

What went wrong last time, and how do you figure you'll correct it in Bunny Mafia?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:53 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

@falcon45ca this is now your training grounds with your champs game fast approaching.

You are mafia. You didn't immediately vote for anyone.
A handful of standard prods to get the ball rolling. This is fine. This is a thing that Jay is probably gonna do no matter what his role card says.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:53 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

@falcon45ca this is now your training grounds with your champs game fast approaching.

You are mafia. You didn't immediately vote for anyone.

That's not how Mafia roles are determined Jay, I thought you knew that
In Cardcaptor, you (town) got all up in Caitlin's craw in about 25 minutes. In Kagemusha, you (mafia), waited an hour and a half to do anything (barely).

Timid falcon! Timid falcon!
This is a less standard prod, and is a more pointed reaction bait. Fine. Still not telling me much.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:35 am Low bar indeed. This is fast resembling Kagemusha. At this pace the standard of “town” becomes “exist on planet Earth”, and any read is only faintly better than guessing.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:35 am Not to be a stinker for the vibe, but a little stinking seems necessary here. I will be patient.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 am Delta has displayed the closest thing to a "progression", or some kind of cognitive motion. So I appreciate that. Unlikely to vote Delta
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:52 am Lime Coke conveys a reasonably comfortable tone. That's something!
This flurry of posts is the first instance where I catch a glimpse of town Jay. These posts look antsy and impatient, like a man bunny who just wants a mafia game to happen, gosh darn it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:04 pm I’m a hare bunderwhelmed by G-Man.
:disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 pm
G-Man wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:48 am
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:46 am Any thoughts so far?
You and Jay have done an adequate job of hoisting this game out of the silent void it was resting in. Enough so to award you each a townie point.

Sloonei's Maf
Waffling on Sloonei is the path to destruction. One must either love him or take him out of the game. There can be no middle path.
:noble:
Outdated take.
Is this a take you recognize from past G-Man? I found it a tad awkward.
Here's the first time JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei interact in this game (unless I missed something). So how do I feel about it? At the time I gave it no thought as something that could provide insight into Jay's alignment. It was a simple question for me to provide further clarification on a two-word post I'd made. In hindsight, if I really squeeze myself to try to come up with something, then perhaps it is Mafia Jay trying to grease the wheels on an early G-man suspicion. I did not find G-man's post to be awkward. Maybe the wording, but that would be a product of his unWavering commitment to his alphabetic shtick. Which Jay immediately acknowledges afterwards, so whatever.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm [VOTE: W-Man] aubergine

Comes off a wee bit phony
Interesting G-man vote. Explanation:
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:24 pm
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 pm [VOTE: W-Man] aubergine

Comes off a wee bit phony
How so? !_!
Just a vague sense of I don't know what to post, so I guess I'll post this
That's fair
I did kinda think his second 'x and y are mafia because z' post felt almost comically timed, considering I had mentioned that the first felt lightly townie. So can see your point there.

I dont want to lean into meta too much here, but is that out of the ordinary for G-Man? Not a player I'm familiar with at all so for the most part I attributed it to personality
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:31 pm
Delta wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:26 pm I dont want to lean into meta too much here, but is that out of the ordinary for G-Man? Not a player I'm familiar with at all so for the most part I attributed it to personality
That's a good question. G-Man hasn't played much in recent years, so it's difficult for me to provide a meaningful answer -- but if I reach far enough into the past I would describe G-Man's personality range as quite broad. He does add a lot of personality to his posting style, and that's his special G-Man charm. I'm not sure, however, that personality is generally the whole of his contribution (as it has been in these few posts). It's quite early anyway, so I'll see how G-Man carries on from here.
I never felt this way about G-man, but I was not as invested in the game on Day 1. The latter post here feels a bit more strained than I'd like, as if Jay's not totally sure how to respond to Delta's question. Which, to be fair, is part of what he says: it's been so long since G-man played regularly that we can't really have a "meta" read on him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:28 pm Wait... is Sloonei, like, a big loser now?"
Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo big losers that Buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Sloonei is never a big loser, but his playing style has definitely changed a lot in the time since his glorious conquest of champs tournament season 7. He is more grandpa than ever.
What's this post say? I can't find my cheaters.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:35 pm Delta has ascended from an "I won't vote for Delta, because in this game environment I cannot afford to vote for Delta" read to an actual town read. Neato.
Delta is town now. Noted.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:38 pm To be clear: I have no read on Sloonei. I am patient with him though. He generally gets around to the Sloonei things eventually. Or he doesn't.
To what extent have I done Sloonei things now?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm I don't think Wilgy is mafia.
I'm sitting here thinking through motivations for a not mafia read on someone with zero posts.

Do I believe a mafia Epignosis would make this read on DrWilgy if they're not teammates? I would not expect that. Why discard one's own bait?

Do I believe a mafia Epignosis would make this read on DrWilgy if they are teammates? I'm also not sure about this one, but in the interest of being responsible I won't discount it.

Do I believe a civilian Epignosis would make this read on DrWilgy? I think so. I can imagine at least one explanation for it, maybe two. Before I share those, I'll ask:

Epi, a couple words to expand on this would be super.
This post has that nice, vintage Town Jay smell I was looking for. This is a somewhat complicated reason to arrive at a town read on Epigonsis at a time when doing so might not necessarily be in Mafia Jay's best interest. I can sense the gears whirring and buzzing with this post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:25 pm I think it’s about time to start seeing Sloonei things.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
I had not been active to this point, but I like to think I would have provided enough content to prompt a more meaningful prod than this. :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:13 pm I'd be surprised if there isn't mafia among the people voting on solo wagons. Perhaps Epi can be forgiven since his was well in advance of EOD.

Delta, Wilgy, Long Con -- talk about those votes please.
Delta -- Town
Wilgy -- Town
Long Con -- Town

Just jotting things down for the record.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 pm
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:31 pm [VOTE: delta] aubergine That was easy to understand.
I'm kinda just caught off guard by it is all?
Yeah, that feels exagerrated though. Kind of fake.
I don't like this.

Why not?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm Nah, that's bull. I don't know if this narrative of single voters has merit, but I see no difference between them and a Sloonei voter. At all.

Delta's reaction to falcon wanting to keep players in that hadn't played in a while was not believable to me, the level of "oh my god WHAT??" was cranked too high. Artificial drama. My suspicion should be pretty legitimate upon analysis, so analyze and try again please.

b) I understood falcon's perspective because I share it. Because I agree with it. And I think most peoples' here history with me should back up that I am JUST that kind of "heart" player. I would rather keep an old friend that I miss in the game than go after them for any reason at all.

Name one player that fits the bill more than G-man, even in this game with fingersplints, JJJ, Sloonei, Roxy, G-man stands out as a very special presence that I would have liked to appreciate for more than Day 1.

The wolves made a mistake, and the result is that they might as well kill me on Night 2, now, as respectfully as possible, please remove this obviously off-target vote from me, and let's try and expand this concept further.
I'm willing to consider that. It was a weak ass kill. We don't get enough G-Man as it is.
Jay's initial response to LC's G-man theory is that he is "willing to consider" it. That's not a strong statement. This theory would go on to dictate a lot of the action over the ensuing two phases. How did Jay respond to that development?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 pm I'm not sure Sloonei goes for this kill either. He's G-Man's biggest fan. :ponder:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:05 pm [VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine fits G-Man theory, I think, and hasn't played like someone on a redemption arc.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:08 pm When time permits I will really dig into Delta to see how I feel about that wagon. Whatever one makes of the night kill, I think he has been arguably the game's biggest mover (and I think he has looked authentic in that effort). I acknowledge that's not as high a "game mover" bar as I would like.
After some dialogue with Long Con, Jay is approaching the Lime Coke/Delta conundrum.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:27 pm

It's not a typical sentiment of mine, no. Unfortunately someone on an airplane decided to give me a big helping of their germs.
Just noting this as the first Jay/Roxy interaction of the game.

The volume of my content dropped off as I got deeper into this ISO, but that wasn't because I was running out of steam. As I got a clearer view of how Jay has played this game from start to finish, a couple of concerns emerged that are better expressed when taking a macro view of his posts rather than highlighting any individual posts.

One of the things (I believe) Jay has said about his approach as mafia is that he is often content to let the town beat itself. So I was on the lookout for that while reading here. Town Jay, at least in the past, was not just an analytic leader, but he was also one of the thread's biggest cheerleaders and facilitators. He will poke and prod at people to dig the thread out of ruts and so on. I can fully understand and relate to taking a step back in terms of volume. But I don't think that play style necessarily needs to be one of ultra-high-volume posting. It can be done in bite sized chunks here and there. And I do not see a whole lot of it from Jay in this game. He's prodded and engaged in some back-and-forths with folks, but I have not felt like many of those exchanges have resulted in significant progress on many things.

The easiest concrete example to point to would be his approach to the duo of Delta and Lime Coke. They became the default suspects after Long Con introduced his G-man theory on Day 2. That approach was at least 50% wrong, and I now suspect it was 100% wrong. Jay engaged pretty heavily with Long Con at the time. He also spent a decent amount of time engaging with Lime Coke and Delta, but I did not see those conversations bearing a lot of fruit. Nor did a brief exchange with Epi about the theory.

Then there is also the matter of Little Ol' Me. Jay has called me out for not engaging enough with him this game. Fair. But, like, right back at ya. I think I have said enough things for Jay to have had more to say to/about me than he has. At the same time, I think I have proceeded with enough uncertainty to warrant more skepticism from him than has been directed at me. To be fair, we may be suffering from the same affliction here: in the past, we were both so noisy and so similar, that I never felt much need to actually try to read Jay. It was just going to happen eventually. But in those days there was so much content flying around that we would inevitably end up bouncing ideas off one another anyway. This game has been slow, and I am nowhere near the chatter box I once was, so maybe we are both town and just kinda missed our opportunities earlier in the game.

But that does not erase the concerns I have about the times that Jay has directed attention toward me. It has been less impactful than I would like it to be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm here and acknowledge the vote I had to drive home and forgot this game earlier.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

fingersplints wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 am Roxy and JJJ (along with Sloonei) voted for Lime Coke day 2 tying for most votes, since that could have led to elimination I say I will eliminate all those pairings as well. This has pretty much cleared Lime Coke for me and leaving me with these three options to think about.

>>> JJJ/Roxy <<<
JJJ/Sloonei
Roxy/Sloonei
If I had to solve the puzzle as a whole right now, I'd say this is the world we're living in.

But I still haven't gone swimming in the pool of Lime Coke.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:25 am I'm here and acknowledge the vote I had to drive home and forgot this game earlier.
That will do, sir. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime not voting here should affirm that there is mafia between Sloonei and Roxy. I think. If I am not too braincooked right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:23 am The volume of my content dropped off as I got deeper into this ISO, but that wasn't because I was running out of steam. As I got a clearer view of how Jay has played this game from start to finish, a couple of concerns emerged that are better expressed when taking a macro view of his posts rather than highlighting any individual posts.

One of the things (I believe) Jay has said about his approach as mafia is that he is often content to let the town beat itself. So I was on the lookout for that while reading here. Town Jay, at least in the past, was not just an analytic leader, but he was also one of the thread's biggest cheerleaders and facilitators. He will poke and prod at people to dig the thread out of ruts and so on. I can fully understand and relate to taking a step back in terms of volume. But I don't think that play style necessarily needs to be one of ultra-high-volume posting. It can be done in bite sized chunks here and there. And I do not see a whole lot of it from Jay in this game. He's prodded and engaged in some back-and-forths with folks, but I have not felt like many of those exchanges have resulted in significant progress on many things.

The easiest concrete example to point to would be his approach to the duo of Delta and Lime Coke. They became the default suspects after Long Con introduced his G-man theory on Day 2. That approach was at least 50% wrong, and I now suspect it was 100% wrong. Jay engaged pretty heavily with Long Con at the time. He also spent a decent amount of time engaging with Lime Coke and Delta, but I did not see those conversations bearing a lot of fruit. Nor did a brief exchange with Epi about the theory.

Then there is also the matter of Little Ol' Me. Jay has called me out for not engaging enough with him this game. Fair. But, like, right back at ya. I think I have said enough things for Jay to have had more to say to/about me than he has. At the same time, I think I have proceeded with enough uncertainty to warrant more skepticism from him than has been directed at me. To be fair, we may be suffering from the same affliction here: in the past, we were both so noisy and so similar, that I never felt much need to actually try to read Jay. It was just going to happen eventually. But in those days there was so much content flying around that we would inevitably end up bouncing ideas off one another anyway. This game has been slow, and I am nowhere near the chatter box I once was, so maybe we are both town and just kinda missed our opportunities earlier in the game.

But that does not erase the concerns I have about the times that Jay has directed attention toward me. It has been less impactful than I would like it to be.
I'm concerned that there were some quite positive remarks in that review, but the overall message in this summary is a negative one.

I've probably been a cheerleader less than I used to be. Frankly, I am tired of that. I don't want to be placed in that role every game, and in recent memory folks around here haven't really been receptive to it anyway. Dead games are dead regardless of me. I just suffered through that in my previous game. I'm sure there are facilitatory pushes I could have made or questions I could have asked. Even still I have been the preeminent facilitator and asker of questions that this game has had to offer.

As for skepticism of you: I tried to kill you on Day 1. I think that's an important and telling thing, and I should have extended that interaction more in the days sense. The G-Man kill was a significant event that impacted the broader solving effort across the game, including from me, and I credited you as someone less likely to be into that kill. I probably shouldn't have.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:41 am The G-Man kill was a significant event that impacted the broader solving effort across the game, including from me, and I credited you as someone less likely to be into that kill. I probably shouldn't have.
Why not? I would not have killed G-man.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:42 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:41 am The G-Man kill was a significant event that impacted the broader solving effort across the game, including from me, and I credited you as someone less likely to be into that kill. I probably shouldn't have.
Why not? I would not have killed G-man.
At this stage I cannot rely on that. While you have often praised G-Man's style and had fun with him as a host and with his playing gimmicks, that's not quite the same as the deeper connections Long Con described or the hardline policies that I associate with mafia Epignosis. G-Man included you in his POE and called you stale.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reviewing Lime Coke

Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:44 pm Looking really hard for redemption after the last game because dear god the last one was absolute hell.

There's still time to recapture this mindset. Do it.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:05 am Delta cleared the low bar for the opening of the game so he's in towns.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:02 am Today was a chaotic day and I apologize for the lack of presence...

Also lacking presence because the stores are closed...

JJJ attempting to do things upon Page 2 when nothing is happening is towny and his impatience to make things happen also reigns towny.

Falcon pressing randomly and answering things like Delta's questions putting reads on players feels towny.

Lemme check something else hold on...
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:03 am I was going to place G-Man in towns but then looked at iso and realized he wasn't really as towny so could vote there.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:05 am Townread:
Delta
JJJ
Falcon

Townlean:
LC
Solid start from an accuracy standpoint apart from half of the G-Man read. I'll give some credit here, because something I consider to be an important element of Lime's early town play is enthusiastic town reads to build a POE. It's at least meta on-brand.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:03 am I was going to place G-Man in towns but then looked at iso and realized he wasn't really as towny so could vote there.
Main reason being he kinda just spoke about a past game and that's really it.

Like yes it was in topic with talking about yeeting low-posters or people that didn't even post but yeah still didn't do much else.

Shaded a JJJ vote on him lightly.
I don't really object to this, as it came before G-Man's deeper assessments of the game.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:09 pm Damn I actually don't know who to vote in this currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:51 pm I guess Sloonei would be my pick? Kinda don't wanna get rid of him so early but...idk.
Reputation is all well and good, but I'm not sure Sloonei presented himself as someone warranting this kind of thing in this game.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:12 pm Okay would it look bad if I voted Falcon now?
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:13 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:12 pm Okay would it look bad if I voted Falcon now?
I don't much care how it looks, but what's your rationale?
Wouldn't feel as bad if it's a miss.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm
Do you have a specific suspicion of falcon that overrules your previous dark green town read?
No not really.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:24 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:23 pm No not really.
Canned Coke with Lime, I am confused. Why?
Matter of seeing most of this game consisting of players that rarely play now, while on a Day 1 that amounted to nothing thus most of them did nothing, so I'm pulling back on voting them and voting Falcon whom I've seen hundreds of times so that those people can get into the game and see a Day 2.
Quite a brazen sequence if Lime Coke is mafia. I'd respect the hustle. The rationale ties back to Sloonei and who would "feel worse" flipping town. That is definitely not a good way to approach a vote, but I acknowledge that sometimes town do this.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:36 pm
Delta wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:35 pm I dont think my reaction is exaggerated by any means given it's just a one word answer in response

Though, sure. Do you think my reaction to Brad's post is unjustified?
Why are you confused by it?
Maybe a little obtuse

Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:02 am
Delta wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:15 am

I dont know about this, actually

Entry into today kinda surprised me but I think the drive behind "I'm never killing G-Man there" is genuine and far more likely to come from town than a wolf that's pissed their partner killed G-Man - because the latter assumes someone would've pushed the kill through and I cant see that being likely in this playerlist
You could be right and I could be skill issuing but bleh.
Lime may have been the only player willing to question Long Con after the latter's big appeals about the G-Man kill. There's two obvious interpretations available:

1) Lime Coke is doing his own thing and isn't concerned with the night kill analysis in his solving
2) Lime Coke was a G-Man killer and is playing damage control after the surprising response it generated

I think I favor #1 gun to my head. It'd just be easier to stay out of the fire here (and perhaps off of Long Con's own shit list). I acknowledge the WIFOM in that read.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 pm [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

Just read the LC thing. Sure I'll buy it.
Or that!
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:28 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:34 pm

Rather unfortunate.

You have two votes at this time.

One is from JaggedJimmyJay. I would call him a strong player.

The other is from me.

I don't know what "playing like this" means. Playing like what? What are we supposed to take from how you are playing?
"Playing like this" as in I'm kinda just frozen not able to gain enough motivation to simply read everything, or at least look enough at everything once and because of that I have nothing beyond what I'm going off of for Day 1. Although even that stuff I went back on it like an idiot.

Like I'm fully aware I'm playing/looking like shit game play wise, it's gone to the point where I'm probably apologizing in post game because I'm not fully playing to potential nor am I making myself findable as a town player. Like I'm fully disappointed in myself, especially after how Avengers went and I was trying to use this game for redemption.
While this sentiment is laid on thick across Lime's post history, I am willing to give him a break on one dimension. Lime Coke's personality as a player is amenable to this existing in his town body. He is an emotional player in general (no slight intended, emotions are valid), and I can believe that his investment is emotionally-driven (for the better or for the worse). Lime Coke, my boy, if you're town let's work on this post-game.

Finally got through.

Meh.

This is- I'm down by 3 TDs and I'm saying "fuck it, DJ Moore gotta be down there somewhere" on offense - levels of confidence.

Chicago Bears anemic offense aside, this one seems a bit left field. There isn't much of any progression prior to lead to this point, so Lime Coke ought to try to return to this moment and describe what was happening in his brain.

Finally got through.

Meh.

The thing for Roxy BTW is more... like I see her catch up posts and wall posts... on paper this might actually be towny but there's a chance to give it too much credit while she's a wolf.
Granted I don't think her reason to scumread me is shitty either, because she just saw me in last game and saw what I do.
But I've also ran into this trap and I'm possibly giving too much credit there as well for having a wrong read and a mafia is taking advantage of my lackadaisical play.

I'm not sure that this provides Roxy with much of an avenue to reply. It doesn't necessarily have to do that.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:47 pm Look the way Delta has played entirely makes me think he's town.

From how he's solving.

To how he's fighting from the ground up but not taking the shortcuts on getting whoever is available and keeping his own mind to the game.

Overall think he's town.
I'll use this post as a representative for a larger set featuring the Lime Coke town reads Delta message. To separate "correct" from "TMI", I think our best tool is to rely on past experiences between the two of them. I did that here, and I think it lends some support to the idea that these two just have a good vibe together.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:19 pm

This one?

It's not a bad idea overall.

I don't think I'd try to vote her out since I just spent the last day voting out the other blue low poster.
Decent that Lime was willing to throw at least loose support on this pro-splints perspective. Now it's mechanically affirmed they're not mafia teammates, so the most obvious mafia motivation is no longer applicable.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:27 pm I hate that Long Con as the night kill for 2 reasons.

1. It isn't me and I'm forced to continue playing like ass.

2. I need to now look at Delta although I don't want to vote the dude at all because I townread him all game and I don't wanna go back on it.
#2 conflicts some with Lime's later consternation about the votes for Delta. He should speak about that.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:49 am
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:23 am The thing is that I doubt we come to like...any middle ground considering you're probably using legit thinking and I barely am doing that because I can't get out of my own head.

That being if we're both town.
Do you have any town reads? And why?
JJJ and Delta.

Delta for basically remaining active in solving and much like me has been at the bottom fighting upwards, though he's not just taking whatever name is thrown at him he's making preferences like not taking the LC vote when I present it.

JJJ relatively the same thing with actively solving minus fighting upwards.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:34 pm Okay well.

My vote is on either JJJ or Sloonie.

Main reason being that these two should know 1. How to find someone that is obvious town like how Delta was and 2. That the POE might be massively fucked and something MIGHT need to change about it.
I think this specific progression (Day 3 into Day 4) shows a good mindset for Lime with the game on the line. This is a final five that begs for some amount of tinfoil, and Lime went straight to that -- without regard for what his reads were previously.

The prevailing themes here are positive. There are a couple isolated moments that aren't clear, so let's get all of that sorted. I think the more important point for Lime than his individual appearances is that I cannot find a valid teammate for him. He's mechanically cleared from being with fingersplints. He and Roxy have been perhaps the game's most antagonistic pair. Sloonei voted him into a Day 2 tie with DrWilgy when he probably wouldn't have had to do so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:45 am G-Man included you in his POE and called you stale.
As has been discussed elsewhere, this is not something I would have cared about, let alone noticed, on Day 1 of this game. I wasn't just stale, I was absent and expired. And, as mafia, I'm not the type to be scared of a smattering of Day 1 suspicion like that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:41 am I'm concerned that there were some quite positive remarks in that review, but the overall message in this summary is a negative one.
There are definitely posts that crackle with the energy I want and expect to see from you as town. Those are there and I'm not 100% convinced we're living in the Mafia Jay World. But it's not impossible to envision that reality right now.

Even right now, I have to note that one thing you have not addressed is my concern that you have stated that, as mafia, you prefer to let the town beat itself by staying out of their way when they're wrong. Is that not an approach you've ascribed to yourself in the past?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:58 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:45 am G-Man included you in his POE and called you stale.
As has been discussed elsewhere, this is not something I would have cared about, let alone noticed, on Day 1 of this game. I wasn't just stale, I was absent and expired. And, as mafia, I'm not the type to be scared of a smattering of Day 1 suspicion like that.
I don't think you were "scared". It's just a concrete, visible motivation that I'm not going to discard. G-Man suspected you, and he died. Someone killed him.

If you believe I am mafia, why would I kill G-Man?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:41 am I'm concerned that there were some quite positive remarks in that review, but the overall message in this summary is a negative one.
There are definitely posts that crackle with the energy I want and expect to see from you as town. Those are there and I'm not 100% convinced we're living in the Mafia Jay World. But it's not impossible to envision that reality right now.

Even right now, I have to note that one thing you have not addressed is my concern that you have stated that, as mafia, you prefer to let the town beat itself by staying out of their way when they're wrong. Is that not an approach you've ascribed to yourself in the past?
I addressed that tangentially by referring to cheerleading.

I think any mafia team is glad to let town eat themselves. I have probably said something like that before.

For an example to the contrary in this game: I voiced concrete town rationale for falcon at EOD1 and opposed his elimination. It kind of fell on deaf ears, or at least non-voting ears.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:01 am
I don't think you were "scared". It's just a concrete, visible motivation that I'm not going to discard. G-Man suspected you, and he died. Someone killed him.

Because it would plunge the town into 2+ phases of darkness where they convince themselves that ONLY Lime Coke or Delta could have committed such a heinous crime.

Or because he had not said or done anything that would be traced back to you or your partner. Perhaps you even liked that his death would give you ammunition to go after other town targets in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:01 am

I addressed that tangentially by referring to cheerleading.

I think any mafia team is glad to let town eat themselves. I have probably said something like that before.

For an example to the contrary in this game: I voiced concrete town rationale for falcon at EOD1 and opposed his elimination. It kind of fell on deaf ears, or at least non-voting ears.
What's the towniest thing you've done this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:01 am

Because it would plunge the town into 2+ phases of darkness where they convince themselves that ONLY Lime Coke or Delta could have committed such a heinous crime.

Or because he had not said or done anything that would be traced back to you or your partner. Perhaps you even liked that his death would give you ammunition to go after other town targets in the thread.
I think there's visible evidence in the thread that I wouldn't have had that first plot in mind. I spent Night 1 suspecting all of the people voting on solo wagons, and voted for Long Con out of the gate on Day 2 for being a part of that. Only when he brought up the G-Man kill as a defense did I consider that.

The other two reasons you suggest are where I invoke my own wouldn't kill G-Man. Epignosis asked me about this earlier, and I said I would need a really good reason. Those reasons are lame.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:06 am What's the towniest thing you've done this game?
Maybe voting for you on Day 1. If I am mafia and Sloonei is town, I'm not interested in drawing your attention directly to me if I don't have to. Nobody else has read me correctly in the early stages of play more consistently than you have.

Maybe my reception of Lime Coke today, based largely on Delta's appeals yesterday. I don't have to care about dead town reads.

Maybe my willingness to consider the improbability of a completely silent and voteless fingersplints yesterday. I don't have to try to find clearance for the game's least active player.

Maybe my willingness to call Epignosis town for doing something weird (clear Wilgy when he had zero posts) that doesn't have to be called town.

That's off the top of my head.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll take a closer look at associations soon and see where that leads me

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Sloonei you've suggested a lot of general unawareness of the events of late Day 1. Have you gone back to look at that stretch of the game apart from within ISO reviews? As in, have you gone back and read it in proper sequence with context? If so, what's your impression of what you had missed? If not, why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [D1] Leporidae Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke

Wants redemption for a game which I am wholly unaware of.
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:02 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:55 pm Lime Coke, we could try and hook up the LC Connection for some stability here because I already have a good feeling about you, and furthermore I am a Town bunny.
Are we actually town together then finally? If so then hell yes I'd 100% go for that.
Is this Mafia Lime Coke overcompensating with a Too Eager Townie Declaration on Day 1? Idk, does that ever really happen?
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:55 pm
G-Man wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:31 pm We live in a world where Delta and Lime Coke are the baddies because fate has brought me back to a game with so many familiar and beloved people.

Discuss.
I actually wouldn't mind that but no.
lol G-man actually posited the Delta/Lime Coke pairing on the first page. It's almost prophetic, in a way.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:05 am Delta cleared the low bar for the opening of the game so he's in towns.
Lime Coke almost immediately town reads Delta. This turned out to be accurate.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:02 am Today was a chaotic day and I apologize for the lack of presence...

Also lacking presence because the stores are closed...

JJJ attempting to do things upon Page 2 when nothing is happening is towny and his impatience to make things happen also reigns towny.

Falcon pressing randomly and answering things like Delta's questions putting reads on players feels towny.

Lemme check something else hold on...
I don't object to this at face value, but will be looking to see how that G-man read develops.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 am
Main reason being he kinda just spoke about a past game and that's really it.

Like yes it was in topic with talking about yeeting low-posters or people that didn't even post but yeah still didn't do much else.

Shaded a JJJ vote on him lightly.
Oh, fair.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:09 pm Damn I actually don't know who to vote in this currently.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:51 pm I guess Sloonei would be my pick? Kinda don't wanna get rid of him so early but...idk.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm
Do you have a specific suspicion of falcon that overrules your previous dark green town read?
No not really.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:38 pm Like I can switch to Sloonei off the pure reasoning of me not finding him towny but if it's wrong we lose someone strong.

Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:45 pm

Remember that bit about redemption?

Time to saddle up, cowboy.
Yeah I was supposed to do that wasn't I?

Rather unfortunate.

Here is a sampling of posts from the phase of the game that I would label as "Lime Coke Doesn't Know What To Do". Would I have liked to see more activity geared toward solving? Certainly. But do I think this makes Lime Coke look unaligned with the town? I don't know. If his mafia here, then his defense strategy was essentially to play dead, shrug his shoulders and hope that we all move on. Is that viable or believable? Maybe. If Lime Coke is mafia and he just unwittingly performed a Night 1 kill that would immediately point back to him, he might feel that it's his best option. In this case, he would be a prime bussing candidate, in which case we'd probably have to reintroduce him to a broader POE pool. But is that the most believable thing? Delta seemed certain that he is town, and it's also entirely possible that Lime Coke is truly just feeling at a loss. In a game as quiet as this one, it is not easy to manufacture reads. I can just as easily say that a mafia Lime Coke would feel pressured to provide anything more concrete than what he has in the posts highlighted here.
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:22 pm [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

Just read the LC thing. Sure I'll buy it.
I thought you might. Sorry that this leaves you on the other side.
If I'm being real I prolly kill LC or Delta.

This is maybe my first game with G Man so idk his game at all.
"You stand accused of murdering G-man. How do you plead?"

"Honestly, yeah, seems like something I'd do, Your Honor."

Finally got through.

Meh.

Chooses Wilgy as his Hail Mary counterwagon to himself on Day 2. They would end up tied, and Wilgy would in a tragic coin flip accident.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:49 am
Delta wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:45 am

Is there anyone you're seeing as wolfy or at the least not a townread? The best we can do is just try to form a wagon ourselves and see where it goes from there.
I think Sloonei's timing to push Falcon and now myself has felt odd, but would like to pick at his reasoning for pushing me a bit more at least. Just kinda looking at his shift to Falcon yesterday to bring them tied feels sketchy, doing so again today to make me killable when I had said yesterday I would likely vote him just feels weird
Oh hey I was writing my post for too long.

I can also do Sloonei.
I'm also an option.
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:32 am
Roxy wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:51 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:37 am

What makes you townread Delta? Is it bc they townread you? You are going to form your own wagon? Why not try to find other townies so we can actually find a baddie for elim? Maybe if we work together instead of new against old we would get somewhere.

Finally got through.

Meh.

So my wall posts are from a wolf but not say JJJ's or Delta's or LC's? :huh: Like what? What about mine are are wolfy?
1. Delta felt super solvey with what little the game had to offer early. Has continued and things like the Long Con read feels like good faith solving.
Annnnd maybe relate to him because we're on the bottom of the barrel this game and need to fight upwards.

2. I...actually don't know.
I actually feel like if this was like a bigger game like 15+ I'd just throw you into towns but it's lower so maybe that's why I'm being less generous?
ok thanks for the response?

Can you answer the questions?
What are different about my posts vs JJJ or LC?
What makes my posts "wolfy"?

You only explained that Delta felt "super solvey" and you like they continued with their Long Con read in good faith. (I disagree here but we are talking about YOUR reads).
I couldn't respond to the part about JJJ or LC's posts because I didn't fully read those wall posts and I prolly won't now because I lack sleep and motivation.
I could only respond about "why your wall posts are scummy" portion and yeah...like they're really not scummy I'm sorta just getting useless paranoia/grasping at straws as I can't find anything good to push on.
A post like this feels almost too brazen to be dishonest. If Lime Coke is mafia, then he probably has a better argument cooked up than "Idk, I'm lazy and grasping at straws." This feels instead like he had a sincere observation, but felt unable to articulate it beyond the basic statement of it.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:19 pm

This one?

It's not a bad idea overall.

I don't think I'd try to vote her out since I just spent the last day voting out the other blue low poster.
This post again just feels very sincere to me. This is such a simple reason to not vote for fingersplints. Unless the team is exactly splints/Lime Coke, she's the type of target that he would probably want to have available to him. Instead he swats the theory away with a very vague and flimsy dismissal.
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:09 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:41 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm My instinct is to maybe vote between Sloonei or Roxy.

More likely Sloonei because scumreading Roxy doesn't feel right at all.
Why is Roxy a candidate at all then?
I had a random gut read there that also gets blocked from voting there at the same time.
Do you care to articulate either side of this read?
I wish I could.

It was like a matter of me looking at her catch up posts the other night and being like "Okay it isn't bad but also she ends up voting me in the end so maybe I'm giving too much credit for the catch up attempts and she could be taking advantage of me being a wagon?"

And the scumread has sorta lingered but hasn't really strengthened so now it's just in a non-confident state.
I am sorry, but I feel like we are getting further away from the starting point with each answer.

Your initial premise was that one of myself or Roxy would probably get your vote. In the exact same breath, you also suggested that you’re not actually interested in voting for Roxy. That leaves you with little old me as your only option. Which makes me wonder: why bring up Roxy at all?
:shrug:

I couldn't really bring anyone else up in her place.
In the full context of Lime Coke's posts, I have less beef with this progression than I did at the time. When I questioned him on it earlier, I thought it looked a nervous mafier who didn't know what to do with his made up suspicions. Taking a more zoomed out view, I can see the world where Lime Coke is town with nothing but vague reads and hunches to go off of.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:34 pm Okay well.

My vote is on either JJJ or Sloonie.

Main reason being that these two should know 1. How to find someone that is obvious town like how Delta was and 2. That the POE might be massively fucked and something MIGHT need to change about it.
Enters Day 4 with myself and Jay as his main focus. I disagree that Delta was obviously town. But I have played either 0 or 1 game(s) with Delta in my life, and Lime Coke has played many more than that, so I suppose there may have been something "obvious" that I could not see. I do not disagree that the POE had been off.

Lime Coke has since entered the thread and did not immediately plop a vote on me after Roxy initiated the voting. So that may be a good sign, I guess. As of his most recent posts, he seemed to be leaning towards a pairing of me/splints. That ain't it.
I can see a town player in these posts. But, at the same time, these posts are too lacking to be definitively declared as town. The driving theory for much of this game pointed toward a world where Lime Coke is mafia. That may still be the case. Delta's flip shook my confidence in that world quite a bit, though perhaps more than it needed to.

If I look purely at these posts, I would lean slightly in favor of a town read. But if I look at Lime Coke's position within the game, I would be less sure of that. HOWEVER, I then also have to identify a Lime Coke teammate if he is mafia. As splints pointed out, he may not fit on a team with any of the remaining players. But that's only if we assume he was not being bussed. And it could also be Lime Coke/fingersplits. BUT fingersplints' ISO is the only one that I've come out of with an actual town read.

All of this is to say that Lime Coke is the wildcard for me at the moment. It is also 2:30 AM and I am quite tired. I'll have to sleep on things. As I leave for the night, my feeling is that we are living in a Jay/Roxy world. But my mind is not made up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:21 am @Sloonei you've suggested a lot of general unawareness of the events of late Day 1. Have you gone back to look at that stretch of the game apart from within ISO reviews? As in, have you gone back and read it in proper sequence with context? If so, what's your impression of what you had missed? If not, why?
I have not. I've got a clearer picture of it now that I've done these ISOs, but I haven't gone back to read the entire thing in sequence. Why not, you ask? I think my stance on ketchup is well documented.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

the most towny thing I've done is the last 3 hours. goodnight.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei should regard Roxy as confirmed mafia right now given the locked vote and lack of hammer, so the "still thinking it over" stuff at least in her case is a little difficult to believe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Sloonei/Roxy dynamic is bizarre in general. Her name shows up in only three Sloonei posts before this day phase, and her vote for him today was pretty out of the blue.

I'm not sure if Roxy is the type to bus in this manner, but I am considering it. Final five busses aren't terribly uncommon to secure final three wins.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:02 am The Sloonei/Roxy dynamic is bizarre in general. Her name shows up in only three Sloonei posts before this day phase, and her vote for him today was pretty out of the blue.

I'm not sure if Roxy is the type to bus in this manner, but I am considering it. Final five busses aren't terribly uncommon to secure final three wins.
@fingersplints you may have a uniquely insightful perspective on this one

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't see anything from Roxy in previous days to discount it.

She called him Vompatti. XD

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyway that theory is likely resolved with a raw assessment of personality. Either Roxy and Sloonei are the types, or they are not the types. I wouldn't put it past Sloonei, but I am unsure in Roxy's case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [D3] Leporidae Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:48 am
Roxy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:46 am
Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 am Okay I'd be open to voting Roxy out of annoyance. Fuck it.
I'd dissociated Roxy and Lime Coke for this. It's not a ton I acknowledge. Lime just felt legitimately antagonized to me. This stems from his other semi-doomer posts (hopefully "doomer" isn't regarded as derogatory, kick me if so, I'm old) and builds to the annoyance, fuck it, and elipsis. Roxy is the statue of Lime's general irritation with the game experience.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [D1] Leporidae Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:28 am If I look purely at these posts, I would lean slightly in favor of a town read. But if I look at Lime Coke's position within the game, I would be less sure of that. HOWEVER, I then also have to identify a Lime Coke teammate if he is mafia. As splints pointed out, he may not fit on a team with any of the remaining players. But that's only if we assume he was not being bussed. And it could also be Lime Coke/fingersplits. BUT fingersplints' ISO is the only one that I've come out of with an actual town read.
fingersplints/Lime Coke is mechanically confirmed to not be the team. You'd be dead and the game would be over if they were.

:ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Hustles”