Moderator: Community Team

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 8]

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: linki: Are you satisfied llama?
You told me who you are voting for, you didn't tell me who I should vote for, so no.
Haha, what? Are you looking for someone to place the blame on if she comes out good?
No, I am seeing how long it takes to get you to answer a very simple question.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:I just saw that Mata had already voted for me. Very interesting in light of all her other votes where she was pondering and contemplating all the aspects of everything. Have you noticed that she hasn't even asked me one question since I claimed my lynch would be a waste? Wouldn't she at all try to understand where I'm coming from.
Like you did for MM on Day 6? :suspish:
FZ. wrote:linki: I would have had more fun because I'd be sitting here pleased with myself for managing to confuse you all so much
:confused:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: linki: Are you satisfied llama?
You told me who you are voting for, you didn't tell me who I should vote for, so no.
Haha, what? Are you looking for someone to place the blame on if she comes out good?
No, I am seeing how long it takes to get you to answer a very simple question.
You're not going to get anything more than me, so I'd put back the stopwatch. I'm not marching by your drum. I usually vote for the person I think should be voted. Apparently, that's not the case for you. You tell people to vote for one person and then go and vote for another?
Now get of my case.

linki: Did you notice what number I am among his voters or any voters for that matter. If I recall correctly, I think I gave it all the time I could before I went to bed
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

*get off my case
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Flashbacks to Film Directors, where I spent two days trying to get Ricochet to say he wasn't bad. He wouldn't, and he was bad.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:linki: Did you notice what number I am among his voters or any voters for that matter. If I recall correctly, I think I gave it all the time I could before I went to bed
Yes. Fourth.

You didn't ask him any questions. You just went with what other people said about him. :shrug:

I think you knew he wouldn't get lynched.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:I just saw that Mata had already voted for me. Very interesting in light of all her other votes where she was pondering and contemplating all the aspects of everything. Have you noticed that she hasn't even asked me one question since I claimed my lynch would be a waste? Wouldn't she at all try to understand where I'm coming from.
Like you did for MM on Day 6? :suspish:
FZ. wrote:linki: I would have had more fun because I'd be sitting here pleased with myself for managing to confuse you all so much
:confused:
More interestingly, I just went to look at the polls, and Mata never voted this early. Her earliest vote was 15 on the voters and most of the times she's later than that. In addition, Mata didn't vote when we all lynched Snowman. I can't find her name on the list
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:linki: Did you notice what number I am among his voters or any voters for that matter. If I recall correctly, I think I gave it all the time I could before I went to bed
Yes. Fourth.

You didn't ask him any questions. You just went with what other people said about him. :shrug:

Actually, I was fifth.
I had to go to sleep, I admitted to not having much on him, but that I trusted those who voted for him and that it was the best option for me that day. I didn't vote for Bea because she made it seem like she couldn't be lynched with voting for herself. I didn't know he wouldn't be lynched. If I had, I would have made sure to "build" a case on him, but of course I'm lying about that too
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

llama and Epi, you're not really trying to get to the bottom of things, you're trying to convince yourselves you're right. I see no point in discussing this further, because nothing I say will matter.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yes. Fourth.

Actually, I was fifth.
:eek:

Ahhhh! I was wrong! I'm melting! melting!

:D
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:llama and Epi, you're not really trying to get to the bottom of things, you're trying to convince yourselves you're right. I see no point in discussing this further, because nothing I say will matter.
Actually, I'm trying to convince other people that I'm right. That's how this game works, if I'm not mistaken. :ponder:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

FZ, in Epi's latest long post he points out that if we lynch you and you are an unlynchable civ nothing will happen. If you're a Kira though the Death Note will be forced out of your hands. I know this seems like a dumb question but why fight so hard and make yourself miserable if the worst thing that can happen if you're civ is nothing?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:FZ, in Epi's latest long post he points out that if we lynch you and you are an unlynchable civ nothing will happen. If you're a Kira though the Death Note will be forced out of your hands. I know this seems like a dumb question but why fight so hard and make yourself miserable if the worst thing that can happen if you're civ is nothing?
That was exactly the point I made. But FZ got mad at me when I said it. :sigh:.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote: There's no way you would be defending yourself this hard if you had an unlynchable role. No way. This smacks of desperation.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:FZ, in Epi's latest long post he points out that if we lynch you and you are an unlynchable civ nothing will happen. If you're a Kira though the Death Note will be forced out of your hands. I know this seems like a dumb question but why fight so hard and make yourself miserable if the worst thing that can happen if you're civ is nothing?
I don't want to fight it, they are just getting on my nerves because they think they are sooooooooooo clever when in fact, they couldn't be farther from the truth, so I find myself arguing with them. I'm sorry that other than fighting for them, I'm actually trying to lynch those I think are baddies. I think I've just said some very good things about Mata, but they're just foolishly ignoring it. A part of me wishes they do lynch me and will then have to face the truth. But the part of me that wants to win the game, doesn't want to wast another lynch. I thought that's how we're supposed to play the game.

linki: okay :rolleyes:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
I don't want to fight it, they are just getting on my nerves because they think they are sooooooooooo clever when in fact, they couldn't be farther from the truth, so I find myself arguing with them. I'm sorry that other than fighting for them, I'm actually trying to lynch those I think are baddies. I think I've just said some very good things about Mata, but they're just foolishly ignoring it. A part of me wishes they do lynch me and will then have to face the truth. But the part of me that wants to win the game, doesn't want to wast another lynch. I thought that's how we're supposed to play the game.

linki: okay :rolleyes:
I do think I'm really clever, but it has nothing to do with this game. That's a separate issue.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I'm going to step away from the game to breath...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What if she is a lynchable civ? :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Then she did herself no favors by claiming to be unlynchable.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Then she did herself no favors by claiming to be unlynchable.
Ture. I've bluffed as a civ before over a similar idea. It backfired.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Whackadoo.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Gesundheit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Perestroika.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Real talk I straight skipped the last two pages.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Yes. Fourth.

Was there anybody who thought otherwise?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yes. Fourth.

A number of people, apparently. :shrug:

Anyway, thought and knew are two different things.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

Hi FZ, I'm here. I've been following along. I was sick on Monday and busy yesterday and got distracted by the other game.

I don't think FZ is bad. I've been sitting on the fence trying to decide if I believe FZ or Epig. I believe FZ now. I don't think Epig is a detective and I don't believe he's even trying to pretend to be good. Is he a Kira? Maybe? I am going to vote Epig today. He's the one I feel the most strongly of right now.

I have been back and forth with Boo all game. Right now I don't trust him.

I'm taking my 5 year old out for a special dinner now, I'll be back later and I'll put some real time into this game tonight. I'm voting now though.
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I have an OOP test. I think I'll agree with the Mata voters. Be back later.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have been back and forth most of the day between FZ. and Mata. With Mata I feel she was inconsistent with her thoughts on whether she would discuss players she trusted in the thread. In the posts I read today, she didn't sound genuine and she didn't sound like a civ who needs people to vote elsewhere for her to be saved. Could be a lynch will not kill her, though how many of those people have we got...it can't be true for everyone. Then there are the points TH has made and even though i know TH may be bad most of his points sound good - logical and thoughtful. With FZ. I still just can't understand why she would let herself become so upset about a lynch that wouldn't happen if what she says is true. I guess her answer there is that she doesn't want to waste a civ lynch on someone who is a civ when we could lynch someone who is bad. Also with FZ there is still that weird feeling I get about her telling us all FU - why would she do that if civ, especially if the lynch would do nothing to her.

So I'm going to read a little more, think about it a little more, and then vote probably in about 30 more minutes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yes. Fourth.

A number of people, apparently. :shrug:

Anyway, thought and knew are two different things.
I agree. I used 'thought' because it was more accurate.

I'm also glad you're not ignoring me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Eh, the devil you know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The "detectives" in this game:

"Well, my gut is telling me that the man who stole your TV..."

"It wasn't a man. It was a woman. I saw her-"

"Yes, but you see, my feelings indicate that this man came in through the window..."

"But the door is broken down."

"I understand that, but if I'm being true to myself- and I've seen many crimes committed in the past- your stolen sofa can only mean that..."

"It was the TV that was stolen. The TV. You even said so yourself."

"My instinct tells me YOU are the arsonist mister." :srsnod:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

Eh, that was a nice catch up. Here's where I stand right now:

FZ - I'm kinda leaning toward lynching her purely because if she's telling the truth, nothing will happen anyway. I go back and forth on her and right now I'm leaning Epi and llama's way. Her actions just don't match her words. She's fighting so hard but has implied she's an unlynchable civ. I wouldn't really be that phased if I was unlynchable, but she clearly is.

boo - Maybe I'm biased but his case making is filled with assumptions and commentary that is patently made up. Speculation is one thing but he asks for more and then is not satisfied when he gets it. He simply then makes that the problem and procedes to make up more commentary to fit his preconceived notions. This stinks to me, but it's bound to as I've just been on the receiving end.

Mata - I'm not entirely sure of what the case is on him, outisde inconsistency and not seeming genuine, which I generally agree with. Am I missing something crucial? I don't know, I'll reread and see if it's enough to vote on as admittedly I skimmed a little bit as I was more interested in the FZ stuff.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

They're all bad. Lynch 'em all.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

heh, zeek screwed up Mata's gender. :P
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

I just saw the bit missed about Mata, TH and Rico making good points. Though I'm taking TH with a grain of salt. Spacedaisy as well with the buddying angle. Think I may have missed that page or something!

Not sure how to vote but I've just noticed Mata has 6 votes already. Why's everyone so confident?

linki - Oops. I did that last game with someone else :grin:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok my time is up, I have to go fix dinner. I'm going to vote for Mata this round for the reasons I explained in my last post. It was a very hard choice because there were good reasons for both but I have to pick one so it's Mata.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

I am voting FZ.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

zeek wrote:I just saw the bit missed about Mata, TH and Rico making good points. Though I'm taking TH with a grain of salt. Spacedaisy as well with the buddying angle. Think I may have missed that page or something!

Not sure how to vote but I've just noticed Mata has 6 votes already. Why's everyone so confident?

linki - Oops. I did that last game with someone else :grin:
Don't worry, I also did that a lot in my first game and actually got some heat for that, at least for a while. :P

Not sure where you saw me "making good points" about Mata, though. If it's that Misa BTSC I pointed out - again, it was only meant to clarify things.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Currently 40 minutes until lynch's end and I am missing 4 votes.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

BR's reasoning caught my attention because I think she is the second (Spacedaisy too) to have said that she won't go with FZ. because she doesn't actually think Epig is a detective and therefore doesn't (or can't) trust any of his cases / agenda etc. Which in abstracto, is perfectly fine. But I haven't seen the same angle of trust taken from Russ' side (a very likely confirmed deceased civ) and his possible check & vote for FZ. Actually Spacedaisy did say she thinks there's too much assumption or guesswork in those math assumptions about Russ' check, any way you take it. But I don't think I noticed any reasoning from BR, instead. They've voted for Elo when L made the call for her (Spacedaisy in good faith, BR more reluctantly).

Still: 100% trust in L...ok, 0% trust in Epig...ok, but not addressing Russ' chance for a good call on FZ being bad (which the math, at least, could possibly be true that it was greater than 50-50) and expressing a degree of trust or not in that... :ponder:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Currently 40 minutes until lynch's end and I am missing 4 votes.
:eek: I forgot the night was shorter and the deadline was moved two hours earlier.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Currently 40 minutes until lynch's end and I am missing 4 votes.
:eek: I forgot the night was shorter and the deadline was moved two hours earlier.
No worries, my post is merely for informative reasons, especially due to the time switch. Every player has an opportunity to vote until the deadline is complete.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

4 people haven't voted yet:
llama, Zeek, Rico and Bass.
I say at least one of them is bad. Bass is the natural option.
I also have to wonder why BR took the easy way out. If she really thinks both me and Mata are civvies, I'd get it, but she hasn't really stated that she feels that strongly about either of us, so I have to say I'm pinged by that vote.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Black Rock wrote:Hi FZ, I'm here. I've been following along. I was sick on Monday and busy yesterday and got distracted by the other game.

I don't think FZ is bad. I've been sitting on the fence trying to decide if I believe FZ or Epig. I believe FZ now. I don't think Epig is a detective and I don't believe he's even trying to pretend to be good. Is he a Kira? Maybe? I am going to vote Epig today. He's the one I feel the most strongly of right now.

I'm taking my 5 year old out for a special dinner now, I'll be back later and I'll put some real time into this game tonight. I'm voting now though.
KNEW IT

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Hi FZ, I'm here. I've been following along. I was sick on Monday and busy yesterday and got distracted by the other game.

KNEW IT
What did you know?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

KNEW IT
What did you know?
That Black Rock is full of poo,

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Show me where Black Rock even REMOTELY brought up Epi as suspicious prior to today. Why throw a vote away so late in the game??

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Where did her boo suspicion go? Where did her llama suspicion go? B-A-D-D-I-E

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ., if I would have had more time than 30 minutes, I would have gone back extensively to your supposedly "insinuative" post.

You say that if Russ would have role checked and got a baddie role, his vote would have depended on whether that role could be lynched or not.

You say that if he got an unlynchable role, he'd have suggested perhaps he thinks you're bad, but he wouldn't have voted for you. (I can agree to this, btw)
You say that the only way he would have voted for you was if he actually got a "baddie role that can be lynched". (I can totally agree with this, btw)

That's two clear, opposite options.

But I think I asked you about a third option: if Russ would have voted you, if he actually got a baddie role that can in theory be lynched, but might turn into an unlynchable role under lynch pressure, namely Light or Misa.

You decided not to answer to this, saying you've said everything there is to say (or maybe you decided not to answer to another question of mine, because I can agree my posts was mixed with questionings, so idk).

Could still give me a quick view on this third option?

Return to “Previous Jobs”