Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VI]

Post by Jack Shephard »

I have to agree with Isaac here (regarding Lot's methods etc.), and since I'm in a similar boat I'm willing to give him and Jeph BOTD for now because they seem like they are also genuinely civvies who inadvertently look bad. Voting patterns are by no means any more of a secure way to determine who's bad than anything else in-thread. When I voted for Mary Mag I really thought she was bad, whereas Uzziah didn't seem like a threat. I posted my honest thoughts and now it's come back to bite me because I happened not to vote for a baddie and because I happened to vote at a certain time? Sorry I don't fit your flawless formula for innocence :shrug:

Interesting quote from Rachel there. Not sure what to make of it. I've been getting weird vibes from her all game and am definitely considering looking at her for today. There are a couple other players whose posts I might look through if I have time. I'm really afraid of wasting another lynch, but it's so hard to be sure of anyone.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Jephthah wrote:
Rachel wrote:Lot, having read the votes, I come to the same conclusions. A reread of those players is in order.
I think a reread of you is in order. I think you're the kind of baddie I like. The kind that is aggressive, that goes after people and doesn't shy away from confrontation. The kind that hopes that when their record shows they've supported the wrong person, people would think you wouldn't have been so aggressive about accusing Job, nor defending Uzziah. Especially, when you kept saying you're not ruling out Uzziah as a baddie, just sure that Job is one.

If we look at your voting record, which I'll summarize later, I think we'll see a baddie. And the following post doesn't make me feel better about you at all.

You choose the easiest person to go after- the one that missed the vote. I think this is BS. His posts are not as thought through as yours so it's easy to catch him in what appears as baddie behaviour.

My two top suspects this day are Mordecai and Rachel. I'm still looking at Samuel, who could be another one.
I cut out the stuff quoted from me for brevity's sake.
I was wrong on Job/Uzziah. I was wrong and I feel like crap for it. However, that does not make me bad. In fact, I think you're jumping the gun here, tbh. I only posted an analysis of Isaac and Jacob's posts because their votes stood out to me in a vote analysis. I'm more than open to other names being discussed and only meant to start some discussion for Day 6.
Isaac wrote:
Rachel wrote:Now for my re-read of Isaac.
Isaac wrote:Going with Job because of reasons discussed between myself and Rachel. Publicly, I might add :p
This read strangely to me because Isaac has been buddying up to me for a while now. This shows it. The publicly line could be trying to set me up to be lynched if he is as well.
Isaac wrote:The difference is that Uzziah's focus on Job is revenge, for lack of a better term.
Now, the rationalization of Uzziah's actions never made sense to me. I just assumed we had a non-rational player on our hands that would have to be caught another way if they were truly bad. Saying that Uzziah's posts and actions had a certain logic to them is strange and overly defensive of the Heathen, if you ask me.

But this is what stood out. :( That's it? Jesz....
I've never tried to lynch you, Rachel. I've even defended you.

I also never said Uzziah's actions were logical, either. Far from it actually. I simply stated that his focus on Job began as soon as Job focused in on him. That's all :)
WOAH WOAH WOAH
You are either misinterpreting my post or are manipulating it.
I didn't say you tried to lynch me. I said you might have laid the trap that if you were lynched, it would look like we were connected. That's what I said. Not that you tried to lynch me. So kindly stop spewing that garbage.
Second, you rationalized Uzziah's actions. You said it was "revenge". There's a logic to that. I simply assumed that Uzziah was a player like Vompatti who does not care what others think and simply posts things to cause chaos, regardless of alignment. You took a rational approach. I think that might have been a bit defensive of him.
Isaac wrote:Thanks, Balaam, for making realize just how useless I've been this game :P I know I've been super flip-floppy (I'm about to do it again, for crying out loud!) and unsure of my votes and reads on people. I haven't been as invested in this game as I'd like to be.

After reading Jeph's post (I think it was Jeph), I realize I may have been played. I trusted Rachel fully from the beginning, and now she turns around and says I tried to get her lynched because of my wording and based on my vote patterns? You slyyy devil, you. I don't care if I'm lynched today. If I am, it will certainly help the cause. But when I am lynched I really hope that people analyze yours and Lot's voting patterns until you're on the chopping block. It took no time at all for you 2 to put me there.

Whichever way this goes, there are no hard feelings, Rachel. You've played a mighty fine game. votes :mafia:
Oh wow.
WTF
You didn't even wait for a response. I declared you as a potential suspect and you flew off the handle. You instantly NO U'd me. LOL WTF

Lot wrote:No. Day 4 is when Job was lynched. Day three was Mary Mag. But who was lynched is not important. The fact was that at the time there were two votes on each of Uzz, Job and Rachel. Voting Lazarus would be an odd thing to do right at that point in time if bad. I could understand him voting Job or Rachel right then, or holding his vote till later and voting Lazarus a little later. But right then, voting Lazarus seems like an unlikely move when Uzz might need saving.

Not an impossible move, just that it would definitely have been to the detriment of the heathen team in that moment.
This is how I think of Day 3 Mordecai as well.
Isaac wrote:Believe it or not, I think you're a legit civ, Lot. I'm pretty confident that Rachel is a baddie, though.
I'm also inclined to trust Jep at this point. But I'm not going full on "here, hold my knife while I lace my sandals up" level of trust. I did that with Rachel, and got shanked.
SO DRAMATIC
I haven't even declared an intention to vote you! This is so laughable.
Isaac wrote: I have no idea what Rachel means by that last line, though.
Wow, it's almost like you should have asked me questions before deciding what things mean and making shit up. :)
Almost.

Anyway, it means that I was frustrated that I thought I might have been onto something in the voting records, but didn't find much in the posts.
But hey-- you couldn't wait to vote me, eh?
Jacob wrote:I have to agree with Isaac here (regarding Lot's methods etc.), and since I'm in a similar boat I'm willing to give him and Jeph BOTD for now because they seem like they are also genuinely civvies who inadvertently look bad. Voting patterns are by no means any more of a secure way to determine who's bad than anything else in-thread. When I voted for Mary Mag I really thought she was bad, whereas Uzziah didn't seem like a threat. I posted my honest thoughts and now it's come back to bite me because I happened not to vote for a baddie and because I happened to vote at a certain time? Sorry I don't fit your flawless formula for innocence :shrug:

Interesting quote from Rachel there. Not sure what to make of it. I've been getting weird vibes from her all game and am definitely considering looking at her for today. There are a couple other players whose posts I might look through if I have time. I'm really afraid of wasting another lynch, but it's so hard to be sure of anyone.
That's funny for someone who thought I was civvie just a few days ago... :)
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Lot wrote:What do I get from this?

Jacob and Isaac look really very very very bad, to me. Both of their day one and day three votes both feel like they came at critical junctures. Day two and four, days when Uzz was less under pressure, neither of them voted at all. I'd gladly see us take out these two the next two days, and feel like we could comfortably say there is a high chance that each of them is heathen.

Ruth's votes came at slightly less critical junctures but day three especially was still critical enough (day one would need to be more along the lines of lynch switch protection) and then her vote for Uzz on day four could be an intentional distancing tactic, coming as it did so late.

Deborah's votes are slightly less suspicious than Ruth's, but she could definitely still be bad, especially days three and five look a bit that way.

Absalom, to me, his voting record speaks to the fact he is definitely not heathen. Mordecai and Jonathan's voting patterns also seem fairly unlikely for heathen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By no means is Jephthah's record terrible, but it isn't clean. Day three could conceivably be a save on Uzz, Day one was an irrelevant vote and directly contradicts Jeph's 'I only want to vote a way that is meaningful' stance on day four. I think my view on Jeph might come back to a reread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TL; DR...

Jacob and Isaac are probably heathen. Ruth and Deborah could be, worth a reread.
JACOB:
He honestly looks the worst out of this group you bring up, Lot. He mirrored Jonathan's ultimatum on Samson speaking or else getting a vote and his vote gave Samson a 2-vote lead. His lack of a vote Day 2 stinks because it would help fill things in a bit more. His statement D3 about Uzz being too easy certainly stands out the day after we stoned him and he flipped Heathen. Oddly though, he shows some civ nature in not wanting to vote Job b/c he wasn't around. His N4 post about "oops, I missed the vote but would have voted for the #2 guy" is convenient after lynching a civ but he was agreeing with Abs & Nic's case on me prior to the deadline. The his story changes quite a bit D5 where he starts out only thinking Rachel stands out, but goes on to be wary of Jeph and later even Uzz (not sure what Uzz's vote count was like at this point). Then he misses another vote (his 3rd miss). He is a little all over the place but he's only got two votes to his name which makes it hard to say for sure that he looks bad.

ISAAC:
Isaac's posts sound worse than his votes look, I think. He was only the third one in on Samson, missed D2's vote, wasn't even involved with Mary's train, and missed D4's vote. The worst he looks is D5 when Uzz is on the line. He jumps on Uzz's comment about Pilate being bad and says latish about not feeling good about Uzz's pending lynch. I don't see much in the votes unless he strategically skipped votes but that's impossible to prove. You may need to convince me more about this one.

RUTH:
Is your suspicion based on her late vote for Cain (perhaps helping to solidify him as leftovers for D2) and her late Mary vote D3 to help solidify her fate? Other than that, her D4 and D5 votes seem okay to me. I'm pretty neutral on her because she's been inquisitive but not too chatty. She's also been able to defend some of her choices fairly well.

DEBORAH:
She gives Cain his first vote D1, gives him a 2-vote lead D2, gives Mary a 2-vote lead D3, self-votes D4, and votes "off-topic" to nudge another player D5. To me, her votes are stinky stinky stinky. I may be biased by all the "sorry, catching up" posts she made Days 1-4. She came into her own D5 with some posts but found most everyone civ or neutral. She pegged Bathsheba, Lazarus, and Malchus as shifty or outright bad. Those aren't bad names but they're also fairly safe names to lists as sus. I'm keeping my eye on her still,

ABSALOM:
I agree with you on Absalom. He's looking mighty solid with his vote history. He sticks to his guns and has done some good theorizing. Even though he had it in for me, I agree that he's Horseman at worst. I thought I was reading some chummy behavior between him and Nicodemus since Day 1, which had me wondering if they were teammates but Nic's death and Abs's swift action on Uzz seem to rule out Heathen altogether.

JEPHTHAH:
Man, I just don't know. Half the time I find myself thinking he's right on and I like him. The other half of the time I just wonder a little. I don't feel as bad about him as you do, Lot. I'll have to go through some of his posts again. I do agree with him that there could be something going on with Mordecai. His vote came after Uzz received his 2nd and I think it marks the Pivot in Day 1. I'll have to go back and see how long people had been castigating Cain before he voted.

----------------------

Not sure where the suspicion of Rachel comes from aside from Job's mysterious vote for her. I've wavered on her from time to time but I can't help but come back around to her being more good than bad. On a totally random note, does anyone else feel that Rachel's avatar has a unique sexiness to it? No idea why that stands out to me but it's there.

Belshazzar wrote:Balaam, I think your general scan of the players' reads and votes should normally be correlated with their reads and votes on Uzziah specifically. This is something I might pursue. Just from a quick glance, the Day 3 vote presents the greatest possible shift from the opportunity to lynch Uzziah to Mary ending up lynched - how can it not be after all, Uzziah was basically leading wagon for a while, ending up second wagon, albeit at a few votes' distance.
You're half right. We should analyze posts and votes with Uzziah's Heathen nature in mind but it's not just the shift away from Uzz but the Push on other players, like Cain D1, Job and Laz D3, and me on D4. So far the Heathens have been able to choose between two different civvies each day to keep Uzziah alive- one civ that gets lynched and another to set up for the next day.

---------------

Looks like we need to get a ruler for Lot, Jeph, and Isaac. :P
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Balaam, what do you make of Isaac coming after me so hard? I'm a bit taken aback.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Also, my avatar is so sensual because Rachel is one of the most deviant, smartest, and trickiest women of the Bible. I was very happy with my sock. :D
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

Balaam wrote:Looks like we need to get a ruler for Lot, Jeph, and Isaac. :P
No need. My posts are definitely the longest :p
Reporting
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

For the record, I am working on my vote stuff right now. Don't think I forgot. In between bites of some fucking delicious corn on the cob. God I love summer
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar, I agree with you on day three and raise you day one. These are two days in which Uzziah actually had the lead in voting at different points. The behaviour of those I raised when Uzziah was in the lead is why I find some more suspicious of others. Perhaps I need to explain why I came to the conclusions I did a bit better. So here goes.

Mordecai

Day one - first vote on Samson, 2 votes on Uzz
Day three - first vote on Lazarus, 2 votes on Uzz (Job and Rachel had two).

Why I see this as slightly less suspicious? Uzz is in the lead on both occasions, but Mordecai does not choose to put his vote on someone who could change that. Especially in respect of day three, where there were multiple options. Jeph's day five point is fair, Mordecai's day five vote could be distancing.

Isaac

Day one - third vote on Samson, 2 votes on Uzz
Day three - second vote on Job, 2 on Uzz

Why I do see this as more suspicious? Isaac removes Isaac from the lead on day one, ties his main opponent with him on day three. (Missing votes are not a great indicator, especially in a game with so much silencing. In the case of Isaac, however, the absent day two vote is probably explained by a transition from Isaac 1.0 to Isaac 2.0).

Jacob

Day one - fourth vote on Samson, 2 votes on Uzz
Day three - second vote on Mary Mag, 3 votes on Uzz

Why do I see this as more suspicious? Jacob puts a whole votes distance in on day one, exactly what is needed. Day three, he helps be a 'pivot' in getting the direction of the lynch to change when Uzz is in the lead.

Balaam, I actually agree with you that I find Jacob more suspicious than Isaac (but I think they could still both be bad). I actually intended to vote for Jacob today, despite Isaac believing it was him I had it in for.

Deborah

Day one - first vote on Cain, 2 votes on Uzz (also 2 on Samson)
Day three - fifth vote on Mary Mag, 3 votes on Uzz.

Why is Deborah in the middle for me? Her first vote doesn't really help save Uzz. But her day three vote is like Jacob's day one vote - it's the one that creates distance. I honestly wouldn't oppose a Deborah lynch. Deborah's day five vote could also be distancing.

Ruth

Day one - fourth vote on Cain, 2 on Uzz (7 on Samson)
Day three - sixth vote on Mary Mag, 4 on Uzz.

Why is Ruth in the middle for me? Both her day one and day three votes look shady. She is the second person (after Deborah) to post a 'distance vote' giving MM a two vote lead over Uzz on day three. BUT... her day five vote might be the one that sunk any chance of Uzz recovering. If she had voted Jephthah right then, things could have turned out differently. (Of course, if Jephthah turned out to be heathen, then that might be misleading). So, having looked through that a bit, Ruth isn't a terrible option for a lynch either.

Skipping Absalom and Jonathan, I'm really feeling ok about them.
Reporting
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Going over the votes, 3 things caught my eye. When I do these vote analysis('s)(ses)(?) I look for people who consistently vote together, odd drop offs in votes after a lynch, and after somebody comes up mafia, players who voted with said baddie throughout the game numerous times.

Deborah and Balaam voted together until day 4, where Deborah submitted a vote for herself. Voted Cain day 1 and 2. Mary Magdalene on day 3.

Malchus voted with Cain for Absalom Day 1. Malchus then voted Cain day 2. Disappeared from votes entirely after Cain was lynched as a civ.

Uzziah and Rachel voted for Job Day 2. Voted together on Job day 3 again. First two votes on Day 4 for Job subsequently. Rachel flips on Uzziah Day 5.

The people I am going to dig into following this post, are Malchus, Rachel, and Deborah. Another thing that has been bothering me this whole game though that I've been keeping my mouth shut about, are all these people that come in here every single day phase with the same opener of "Sorry I've been gone! Catching up now!". One time is fine whatever. But doing it basically every day? I dont like it. I find it telling of paranoia, that people find it necessary to constantly explain away their absence even when not asked. Like they're afraid of always being watched. Unless you're a millionaire that sits at home all day, or unemployed, nobody can be here 24/7. Everybody has lives. I work 8-12 hour days 5-6 days a week. I post when I can. I dont feel like I owe anybody an explanation though, aside from when I justify my short posts because my phone is a piece of shit.

Gonna try and go back through the thread tonight to connect my voting notes to some dots.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Guys, I wish I could tell you about how crazy the last few days have been, but I can't. State secrets. Anyway, it is nice to have a clue in Uzziah's death. I've gone over the voting record, and I submit for your consideration: Ruth.

Day 1: She votes for Cain after it's clear Samson will get lynched.
Day 2: No vote.
Day 3: She votes for Mary Magdalene, bring it to 6 vs. Uzziah's 4.
Day 4: She is the only vote for Uzziah. Distancing.
Day 5: She votes for Uzziah after he has 5 votes. The next highest vote getter at the time has 3. The writing is on the wall. Time to save herself and face the inevitable.

Note the lack of consistency in the first four days. She pinballs around from suspect to suspect because she is more concerned with keeping her hands clean than pursuing bad guys.

I'm voting for Ruth right now.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

TBH idk what to make of Isaac's posts. I found both Isaac and Jacob's votes to be suspicious. Isaac flew off the handle for almost no reason beyond being brought up as a discussion point and Jacob pulled the biggest NO U. I don't know what to make of it.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

How did I pull a "No U"??? :confused:
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

We got a wolf! Woo!

Absalom beat me to it! Ruth clearly looks the worst out of anyone and I find it odd no one is going after her more. She has done absolutely no baddie hunting this game and the quote pulled where she said "I don't see the case on Mary..."

and then turns RIGHT AROUND and votes Mary 11 minutes later is the clincher for me. Her voting record stinks and she's definitely a wolf teammate.

Ruth
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:Balaam, what do you make of Isaac coming after me so hard? I'm a bit taken aback.
I'll try to re-read his posts over lunch. Very busy day today.

Looks like I'll also have to take another peek at Ruth. I was thinking Deborah looked worse but it is a new day. Glad I have my notes. I guess I'm the only one glad to have them in the thread too. :P
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

What happened to the night? We lynched Uzziah, and went straight into another lynch?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Pilate wrote:What happened to the night? We lynched Uzziah, and went straight into another lynch?
Because Epignosis is a merciful host. While he watched in disgust and sadness as civvies stoned each other to death four consecutive days, he did not abandon us. Lo, our host has heard our cries for mercy and a lucky break and has intervened on our behalf. Truly, I say unto you, it is a miracle of intercession. Rejoice civvies and repent Heathens! If Epignosis is for us, who can stand against us?

...or Joshua is still alive. Go check the roles. :-p
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Epignosis is bigger than Jesus!

Absalom was part of Uzziah's scheme, as I laid out before. He is a Heathen teammate. That's how these schemes work. *votes Absalom*
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Responses in Blue.
Lot wrote:Isaac

Day one - third vote on Samson, 2 votes on Uzz
Day three - second vote on Job, 2 on Uzz

Why I do see this as more suspicious? Isaac removes Isaac from the lead on day one, ties his main opponent with him on day three. (Missing votes are not a great indicator, especially in a game with so much silencing. In the case of Isaac, however, the absent day two vote is probably explained by a transition from Isaac 1.0 to Isaac 2.0). "Isaac removes Isaac? I think you meant Uzziah. Unfortunately I can't speak for Isaac1.0. You are correct about missing the Day 2 vote.
Rachel wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Rachel wrote:Now for my re-read of Isaac.
Isaac wrote:Going with Job because of reasons discussed between myself and Rachel. Publicly, I might add :p
This read strangely to me because Isaac has been buddying up to me for a while now. This shows it. The publicly line could be trying to set me up to be lynched if he is as well.
Isaac wrote:The difference is that Uzziah's focus on Job is revenge, for lack of a better term.
Now, the rationalization of Uzziah's actions never made sense to me. I just assumed we had a non-rational player on our hands that would have to be caught another way if they were truly bad. Saying that Uzziah's posts and actions had a certain logic to them is strange and overly defensive of the Heathen, if you ask me.

But this is what stood out. :( That's it? Jesz....
I've never tried to lynch you, Rachel. I've even defended you.

I also never said Uzziah's actions were logical, either. Far from it actually. I simply stated that his focus on Job began as soon as Job focused in on him. That's all :)
WOAH WOAH WOAH
You are either misinterpreting my post or are manipulating it. Reading it again today I definitely misinterpreted it. :blush:
I didn't say you tried to lynch me. I said you might have laid the trap that if you were lynched, it would look like we were connected. That's what I said. Not that you tried to lynch me. So kindly stop spewing that garbage. My bad :blush:
Second, you rationalized Uzziah's actions. You said it was "revenge". There's a logic to that. I simply assumed that Uzziah was a player like Vompatti who does not care what others think and simply posts things to cause chaos, regardless of alignment. You took a rational approach. I think that might have been a bit defensive of him. You're right.
Isaac wrote:Thanks, Balaam, for making realize just how useless I've been this game :P I know I've been super flip-floppy (I'm about to do it again, for crying out loud!) and unsure of my votes and reads on people. I haven't been as invested in this game as I'd like to be.

After reading Jeph's post (I think it was Jeph), I realize I may have been played. I trusted Rachel fully from the beginning, and now she turns around and says I tried to get her lynched because of my wording and based on my vote patterns? You slyyy devil, you. I don't care if I'm lynched today. If I am, it will certainly help the cause. But when I am lynched I really hope that people analyze yours and Lot's voting patterns until you're on the chopping block. It took no time at all for you 2 to put me there.

Whichever way this goes, there are no hard feelings, Rachel. You've played a mighty fine game. votes :mafia:
Oh wow.
WTF
You didn't even wait for a response. I declared you as a potential suspect and you flew off the handle. You instantly NO U'd me. LOL WTF
I overreacted to a post I misread/misinterpreted in the heat of the moment. In hindsight, Lot was definitely the one who came at me more aggressively than you did. Sorry.
Lot wrote:No. Day 4 is when Job was lynched. Day three was Mary Mag. But who was lynched is not important. The fact was that at the time there were two votes on each of Uzz, Job and Rachel. Voting Lazarus would be an odd thing to do right at that point in time if bad. I could understand him voting Job or Rachel right then, or holding his vote till later and voting Lazarus a little later. But right then, voting Lazarus seems like an unlikely move when Uzz might need saving.

Not an impossible move, just that it would definitely have been to the detriment of the heathen team in that moment.
This is how I think of Day 3 Mordecai as well.
Isaac wrote:Believe it or not, I think you're a legit civ, Lot. I'm pretty confident that Rachel is a baddie, though.
I'm also inclined to trust Jep at this point. But I'm not going full on "here, hold my knife while I lace my sandals up" level of trust. I did that with Rachel, and got shanked.
SO DRAMATIC
I haven't even declared an intention to vote you! This is so laughable. I intended for it to be laughable. To kind of lighten things up slightly. But hey, misinterpretation runs rampant in this game.
Isaac wrote: I have no idea what Rachel means by that last line, though.
Wow, it's almost like you should have asked me questions before deciding what things mean and making shit up. :)
Almost. Yeah almost ;) I wasn't trying to make shit up, though. I thought I was onto something. I may be wrong, but unfortunately I can't change my vote now.

Anyway, it means that I was frustrated that I thought I might have been onto something in the voting records, but didn't find much in the posts.
But hey-- you couldn't wait to vote me, eh? Thank you for explaining. I would probably change my vote if I could. But I can't. In any case, I would change it to myself because of my shit game yesterday. I'm not being helpful at all, it would seem.
Balaam wrote:ISAAC:
Isaac's posts sound worse than his votes look, I think. Ture :/ He was only the third one in on Samson, Can't speak for this one, unfortunately. missed D2's vote, wasn't even involved with Mary's train,So? and missed D4's vote. I forgot when the deadline was. I even came in and said multiple times that I would have voted for Job. Didn't you reread the thread? :rolleyes: The worst he looks is D5 when Uzz is on the line. He jumps on Uzz's comment about Pilate being bad That wasn't the first or second time I said I suspected Pilate. So much for that reread :goofp: and says latish about not feeling good about Uzz's pending lynch. I don't see much in the votes unless he strategically skipped votes but that's impossible to prove. No strategy there. The missed Day 2 vote was before my transition in as Isaac 2.0. The missed Day 4 vote was simply a fuck up, as stated before. You may need to convince me more about this one.

Looks like we need to get a ruler for Lot, Jeph, and Isaac. :P
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Pilate wrote:Epignosis is bigger than Jesus!

Absalom was part of Uzziah's scheme, as I laid out before. He is a Heathen teammate. That's how these schemes work. *votes Absalom*
What trickery is this?

Here's the post where you "laid it out" before.
Pilate wrote:Go ahead and vote me, Isaac, if you wish. I'm a Civ.
Deborah wrote:@Pilate, I'm still catching up, but can you expand on your vote post? So Uzziah says he thinks you and Absalom are civvie, so you think they are bad for it? That's quite confusing, tbh.
Uzziah has no reason to think I'm Civ. How could anyone "read" me as Civ with the way I've been playing. Hardly here, and when I am here, I say sketchy things.

He knows I'm Civ because he is bad. He's planting seeds so that if I get lynched and flip Civ, he looks good... and if he gets lynched and flips bad, I look bad.

If Uzziah were lynched and flipped bad, the intention is for people to return to this post and read it with the knowledge that he's bad. So then Absalom and I look bad. I'm more likely to be lynched than Absalom, that's my opinion anyway. So then I flip Civ, and Absalom isn't an instant target anymore. Maybe even thought of as Civ for it. Could be a distancing thing between Uzziah and Absalom, both baddies. :shrug: Maybe not, it's my theory.

And yeah, I forgot to vote in the poll earlier. I saw the 'suaded post, and I was like "damn, I forgot!" and went and completed the vote as I had intended to.
You go from "oh it's my theory, maybe not, shrug" to "He is a Heathen teammate" in two posts. Why the sudden increase in certainty? I don't fully understand the convolutions of your theory, but I think it's fairly obvious that I cannot be Uzziah's teammate.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Absalom wrote:Guys, I wish I could tell you about how crazy the last few days have been, but I can't. State secrets. Anyway, it is nice to have a clue in Uzziah's death. I've gone over the voting record, and I submit for your consideration: Ruth.

Day 5: She votes for Uzziah after he has 5 votes. The next highest vote getter at the time has 3. The writing is on the wall. Time to save herself and face the inevitable.

Note the lack of consistency in the first four days. She pinballs around from suspect to suspect because she is more concerned with keeping her hands clean than pursuing bad guys.

I had thought about Ruth and agree that her votes look really bad. My only doubt is her vote on the last day. The fact that she voted 16th, and there were 7 votes after her meant that I could have still gotten more votes. What I'm saying is, wouldn't she wait a little longer to see where this was going? Even one more vote for Uzziah would have done it. That said, I could see the baddies talking BTSC after Job's lynch and saying Uzziah is likely going down after that, and that if it comes to that, they should save their own skin.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jephthah wrote:
Absalom wrote:Guys, I wish I could tell you about how crazy the last few days have been, but I can't. State secrets. Anyway, it is nice to have a clue in Uzziah's death. I've gone over the voting record, and I submit for your consideration: Ruth.

I had thought about Ruth and agree that her votes look really bad. My only doubt is her vote on the last day. The fact that she voted 16th, and there were 7 votes after her meant that I could have still gotten more votes. What I'm saying is, wouldn't she wait a little longer to see where this was going? Even one more vote for Uzziah would have done it. That said, I could see the baddies talking BTSC after Job's lynch and saying Uzziah is likely going down after that, and that if it comes to that, they should save their own skin.
I agree with Jeph that Ruth's D5 vote seems to work against her being teammates with Uzz. Uzz was two votes ahead and she made it three. Sometimes baddies will split the difference, with some voting for their teammate while others vote for someone else, either to save their teammate or to keep themselves spread out. For this reason, I'm not giving Ruth a free pass but I still have to think on it.

Also, Jeph, Ruth was the 12th active player to vote D5. I think you're looking at the poll page Epi makes, which include non-active voters for the host option. Check out my technicolor vote analyses again for the real vote order (in terms of who is playing the game):
Balaam wrote:DAY 1 RESULTS:

1. SAMUEL (Paul)
2. SAMUEL (Samson)

3. LOT (Gideon)
4. UZZIAH (Pilate)
5. REBECCA (Rachel)
6. PAUL (Martha)
7. BARNABAS (Stephen)
8. UZZIAH (Job)
9. SAMSON (Mordecai)
10. SAMSON (Mary Mag)

11. ABSALOM (Cain)
12. CAIN (Deborah)
13. CAIN (Absalom)

14. SAMSON (Isaac)
15. SAMSON (Jacob)

16. JEPHTHA (Rebecca)
17. ABSALOM (Malchus)
18. SAMSON (Jonathan)
19. MARY MAG (Jonah)
20. SAMSON (Belshazzar)
21. SAMSON (Samuel)

22. CAIN (Uzziah)
23. JEPHTHAH (Lot)
24. PAUL (Nicodemus)
25. CAIN (Ruth)
26. GIDEON (Hagar)
27. MARY MAG (Jephthah)
28. UZZIAH (Rahab)
29. CAIN (Balaam)

Not Voting: Barnabas, Bathsheba, Esther, Judas, Lazarus
Balaam wrote:Day 2 Results:

1. JOB (Uzziah)
2. UZZIAH (Job)
3. JOB (Rachel)
4. CAIN (Paul)
5. CAIN (Absalom)
6. CAIN (Belshazzar)
7. CAIN (Deborah)
8. CAIN (Malchus)

9. UZZIAH (Lot)
10. CAIN (Rahab)
11. STEPHEN (Stephen)
12. CAIN (Balaam)
13. JEPHTHAH (Rebecca)
14. ABSALOM (Lazarus)
15. UZZIAH (Jonathan)
16. CAIN (Bathsheba)

Not Voting: Barnabas (2), Cain, Esther (2), Gideon, Hagar, Isaac, Jacob, Jephthah, Jonah, Judah (2), Mary Mag, Mordecai, Nicodemus, Pilate, Ruth, Samuel
Balaam wrote:DAY 3 Results:

1. UZZIAH (Job)
2. JOB (Uzziah)
3. RACHEL (Lot)
4. RACHEL (Mary Mag)

5. UZZIAH (Nicodemus)
6. LAZARUS (Mordecai)
7. JOB (Isaac)
8. RAHAB (Jonah)
9. UZZIAH (Absalom)
10. MARY MAG (Rebecca)
11. LAZARUS (Jonathan)
12. LAZARUS (Gideon)

13. MARY MAG (Jacob)
14. MARY MAG (Belshazzar)
15. MARY MAG (Jephthah)
16. MARY MAG (Deborah)

17. JOB (Rachel)
18. JOB (Esther)

19. ABSALOM (Lazarus)
20. UZZIAH (Rahab)
21. MARY MAG (Ruth)
22. MARY MAG (Balaam)

Day 3 Not Voting: Barnabas (3), Bathsheba (2), Hagar (2), Judah (3), Malchus, Pilate (2), Samuel (2), Stephen
Balaam wrote:DAY 4 Results:

1. RACHEL (Pilate)
2. JOB (Uzziah)
3. BALAAM (Absalom)
4. BALAAM (Nicodemus)

5. ABSALOM (Lazarus)
6. JOB (Rachel)
7. BALAAM (Rebecca)
8. JOB (Stephen)
9. JOB (Jonah)
10. JOB (Samuel)

11. LAZARUS (Mordecai)
12. JOB (Balaam)
13. UZZIAH (Ruth)
14. LAZARUS (Rahab)
15. RACHEL (Job)
16. BALAAM (Jephthah)
17. JOB (Esther)
18. JOB (Jonathan)

19. BALAAM (Judah)
20. DEBORAH (Deborah)
21. JOB (Belshazzar)

Not Voting: Barnabas (4), Bathsheba (3), Isaac (2), Jacob (2), Lot, Malchus (2)
Balaam wrote:DAY 5 Results:

1. UZZIAH (Pilate)
2. JEPHTHAH (Rebecca)
3. UZZIAH (Stephen)
4. UZZIAH (Absalom)

5. SAMUEL (Jephthah)
6. UZZIAH (Jonathan)
7. STEPHEN (Uzziah)
8. JEPHTHAH (Lot)
9. UZZIAH (Esther)
10. JEPHTHAH (Samuel)
11. SAMUEL (Belshazzar)
12. UZZIAH (Ruth)
13. ABSALOM (Lazarus)
14. UZZIAH (Rahab)
15. JEPHTHAH (Isaac)
16. UZZIAH (Rachel)
17. UZZIAH (Mordecai)

18. MALCHUS (Deborah)
19. JEPHTHAH (Jonah)

Not Voting: Balaam, Bathsheba (4), Jacob (3), Judah (4), Malchus (3)
I'm curious to see if Bathsheba and/or Judah suffer the same fate as Barnabas. Missing four votes is just... wow.

Re:Rachel- Looks like Isaac beat me to it with his mea culpa post. I'll still try to read over him at lunch.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

So far only 11 out of the 23 players left in this game have posted anything since Uzziah's stoning. That's over half the players keeping quiet for just over 38 hours.
:wtf:
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Balaam wrote:Re:Rachel- Looks like Isaac beat me to it with his mea culpa post. I'll still try to read over him at lunch.
You can talk to me directly if you would like to... Let me know if you have any questions for me.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm torn on a vote for Ruth.

On one hand, has she been here? She might be silenced. I have less problem with that at this end of the game when there is evidence against her than I do near the start as with Cain. Especially since it's easy to fake. And there was no night. So what would cause anyone to be silenced today? But it still makes me slightly wary.

Then there was that vote for Uzz. Not too late to save him. But it's possible the team had recognised he was going and thought it was a good way to hide.

I don't know - I still prefer a vote on Jacob or Isaac whose votes I think are the worst, but I feel fairly happy if it goes Ruth's way as well, all things considered.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Ugh, this will be my worst Day phase attendance, by far, apologies. I'll start in about an hour or so to catch up on everything posted today and also try to correlate some stats, votes, reads (even though I don't fully master the Push-Pivot...forget the third analysis, so no promises of a thorough analysis until the Day ends).
Supervisor
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lot wrote:I don't know - I still prefer a vote on Jacob or Isaac whose votes I think are the worst, but I feel fairly happy if it goes Ruth's way as well, all things considered.
Me too :nicenod:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Lot wrote:I'm torn on a vote for Ruth.

On one hand, has she been here? She might be silenced. I have less problem with that at this end of the game when there is evidence against her than I do near the start as with Cain. Especially since it's easy to fake. And there was no night. So what would cause anyone to be silenced today? But it still makes me slightly wary.

Then there was that vote for Uzz. Not too late to save him. But it's possible the team had recognised he was going and thought it was a good way to hide.

I don't know - I still prefer a vote on Jacob or Isaac whose votes I think are the worst, but I feel fairly happy if it goes Ruth's way as well, all things considered.
I don't see how anyone could be silenced today. Especially not Ruth. She was able to speak Day 5, so she should be able to speak today. If the condition is "silenced until the next night phase" maybe. But I all but refuse to acknowledge the possibility. It's pretty much the same people as always either not talking or coming in late. I understand it's a lot of folks' work hours atm but what's their excuse for not at least checking in last night?

Linki: Belsh, it won't take long to analyze Day 6- about 1/3 of it was my recap posts. :rolleyes:

Here's who has posted Day 6:
Absalom
Balaam
Belshazzar
Isaac
Jacob
Jephthah
Lot
Mordecai
Pilate
Rachel
Stephen

Here's who hasn't:
Bathsheba*
Deborah
Esther
Jonah
Jonathan
Judah*
Lazarus
Malchus*
Rahab
Rebecca
Ruth
Samuel

*= didn't post at all Day 5

Oh damn! There I go with my lists again...
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I've thought about it, and I'm voting Ruth.
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Sorry I haven't participated today. Tbh, my mind is in a tailspin. There has been so much analysis - all of it good - that i can't keep straight what is being said by whom. My other issue is even with the nice lists of who voted when for whom I have to keep looking back at the original vote copy epi takes from the thread. I can just read it better that way. All this means I am very slow today in determining who I think is the most suspicious. If I had to do a quick vote right now I think I would go with Jacob but that may change before the end of the day. Right now I'm correlating the lists to see how much agreement there really is between raters and how it compares to my view of the person. I know that may seem like a convoluted process but its the only way I think I'll come away with a vote I feel good about.

balaam I can say I liked your list and agree with most of what is there. It's the lists that came afterwards that I'm having trouble assimilating. Again, sorry I have not posted today, i just don't feel like I would have added much except possible confusion.
dunya
Turnip Head
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

So I'm catching up now. I really want to keep voting absalom till he is lynched but the list could also be a big help finding out who was on uzziah's team.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam wrote:
Jephthah wrote:

I agree with Jeph that Ruth's D5 vote seems to work against her being teammates with Uzz. Uzz was two votes ahead and she made it three. Sometimes baddies will split the difference, with some voting for their teammate while others vote for someone else, either to save their teammate or to keep themselves spread out. For this reason, I'm not giving Ruth a free pass but I still have to think on it.

Also, Jeph, Ruth was the 12th active player to vote D5. I think you're looking at the poll page Epi makes, which include non-active voters for the host option. Check out my technicolor vote analyses again for the real vote order (in terms of who is playing the game):

I was looking at the poll page Epi makes, but I took out the non active players. So when I say Ruth was 16th to vote, it's true that there are non players who voted before her, but what matters is those who voted after her, and there, I took out those who are non players. So it's basically the same. I also make sure to notice the order of the votes from start to end, taking out the non players. So I think we're on the same page here.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hey Isaac, since you were interested in talking earlier, riddle me this:

You say now that you wish you could pull back your vote on Rachel. If you were still able to vote, who are your top 2 or 3 suspects as of right now?

linki: Jeph- Yeah, I think we are too. I'm just THAT big of a data person that 16th v. 12th bugs me. it drives what few friends I have left bonkers. :blush:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam wrote:Hey Isaac, since you were interested in talking earlier, riddle me this:

You say now that you wish you could pull back your vote on Rachel. If you were still able to vote, who are your top 2 or 3 suspects as of right now?

linki: Jeph- Yeah, I think we are too. I'm just THAT big of a data person that 16th v. 12th bugs me. it drives what few friends I have left bonkers. :blush:
I'll add another question to this. Isaac, do you now think Rachel is a civvie or is it just that you're not as sure, but still feel she's more bad?

And Balaam, you could have fooled me :P

Lot, can you say what made you decide to vote Ruth after being torn? I have the same problem, and I'd like to know what sealed the deal for you.

I think Isaac is good. He feels genuine to me. As for Jacob, I'm on the fence. He seemed okay, but the following post caught my eye:
Jacob wrote:I have to agree with Isaac here (regarding Lot's methods etc.), and since I'm in a similar boat I'm willing to give him and Jeph BOTD for now because they seem like they are also genuinely civvies who inadvertently look bad. Voting patterns are by no means any more of a secure way to determine who's bad than anything else in-thread. When I voted for Mary Mag I really thought she was bad, whereas Uzziah didn't seem like a threat. I posted my honest thoughts and now it's come back to bite me because I happened not to vote for a baddie and because I happened to vote at a certain time? Sorry I don't fit your flawless formula for innocence :shrug:

I'm not sure I like the way he's putting the 3 of us in the same boat and is willing to give me the BOTD. I don't know if I like it. It's like he's trying to connect us and maybe trying to get more trusted by associating himself with civvies.
So out of Isacc and Jacob, I'm more suspicious of Jacob. Still not sure yet though.

I still think we should look into Samuel and Rachel as well
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jephthah wrote:Lot, can you say what made you decide to vote Ruth after being torn? I have the same problem, and I'd like to know what sealed the deal for you.
I think Ruth's lynch would give us additional information to work with, especially if she is bad. I'm not sure Isaac or Jacob would be any more than 'yes/no' lynches at this stage.
Reporting
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

While I realize there are a few good possibilities for an Uzziah teammate based on voting history, I find r odd that some contemplating a Ruth vote due to her D5 vote.

Did anyone here actually think Uzziah was not a potential hot potato from the get go?

Does that not make it increasingly risky for a teammate to defend him as the game progresses?

If anything, Ruth's D5 vote sealed the deal for me. I will be shocked if she is not his teammate.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Ahhh typos! I meant "it" not r and I meant contemplating NOT voting for her.

Sorry, I'm on phone briefly and voted earlier because I didn't think I would be able to sneak back on here.

The more I think about everyone's behavior, the more I feel confident in my vote for Ruth.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

It's good to look at voting records and I appreciate all the work some of you have done looking into them and reporting your findings. However I I cannot get past Pilate's posts.
Absalom wrote:
Pilate wrote:Epignosis is bigger than Jesus!

What trickery is this?

Here's the post where you "laid it out" before.
Pilate wrote:Go ahead and vote me, Isaac, if you wish. I'm a Civ.
Deborah wrote:@Pilate, I'm still catching up, but can you expand on your vote post? So Uzziah says he thinks you and Absalom are civvie, so you think they are bad for it? That's quite confusing, tbh.
Uzziah has no reason to think I'm Civ. How could anyone "read" me as Civ with the way I've been playing. Hardly here, and when I am here, I say sketchy things.

He knows I'm Civ because he is bad. He's planting seeds so that if I get lynched and flip Civ, he looks good... and if he gets lynched and flips bad, I look bad.

If Uzziah were lynched and flipped bad, the intention is for people to return to this post and read it with the knowledge that he's bad. So then Absalom and I look bad. I'm more likely to be lynched than Absalom, that's my opinion anyway. So then I flip Civ, and Absalom isn't an instant target anymore. Maybe even thought of as Civ for it. Could be a distancing thing between Uzziah and Absalom, both baddies. :shrug: Maybe not, it's my theory.

And yeah, I forgot to vote in the poll earlier. I saw the 'suaded post, and I was like "damn, I forgot!" and went and completed the vote as I had intended to.
You go from "oh it's my theory, maybe not, shrug" to "He is a Heathen teammate" in two posts. Why the sudden increase in certainty? I don't fully understand the convolutions of your theory, but I think it's fairly obvious that I cannot be Uzziah's teammate.
Weak! So weak, Pilate. :eye: I am voting Pilate.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Stephen wrote:Ahhh typos! I meant "it" not r and I meant contemplating NOT voting for her.

Sorry, I'm on phone briefly and voted earlier because I didn't think I would be able to sneak back on here.

The more I think about everyone's behavior, the more I feel confident in my vote for Ruth.
This is Ruth's last post before the vote (or at all):
Ruth wrote:They might silence Rachel twice becasue she is a problem for them.

I don't think Jeph is bad (regardless of him kinda hissying on me earlier) I am going to go with Uzziah.
She mentions how I said earlier that maybe she was trying to subtly push more suspicion on me. She dismissed it here and even sai said she doesn't think I'm bad. Why do all that? Why not just vote for me.

I really need to leave. Still torn
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I need to toI'm just going to vote her. I hope it's not a mistake.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hmm. All the cool kids seems to be voting for Ruth, so I may follow suit. Then again, I may vote for Deborah because my notes on here are pretty negative. I'll compare notes and posts on both and vote after dinner.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

my notes on *her
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Out and about, got through the thread a bit last night and then fell asleep. Havent been home since like 6am. Unless I manage to get home with enough time to tear through all 43 pages, I may place my vote on Rachel.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Lot wrote:
Jephthah wrote:Lot, can you say what made you decide to vote Ruth after being torn? I have the same problem, and I'd like to know what sealed the deal for you.
I think Ruth's lynch would give us additional information to work with, especially if she is bad. I'm not sure Isaac or Jacob would be any more than 'yes/no' lynches at this stage.
hmmm. I have been leaning toward Jacob but can you expand at all on what you mean by this? For example, what kind of info would you expect that we get with a Ruth lynch? Maybe a Ruth vote is where I need to be.
dunya
Turnip Head
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Jonathan wrote:Sorry I haven't participated today. Tbh, my mind is in a tailspin. There has been so much analysis - all of it good - that i can't keep straight what is being said by whom. My other issue is even with the nice lists of who voted when for whom I have to keep looking back at the original vote copy epi takes from the thread. I can just read it better that way. All this means I am very slow today in determining who I think is the most suspicious. If I had to do a quick vote right now I think I would go with Jacob but that may change before the end of the day. Right now I'm correlating the lists to see how much agreement there really is between raters and how it compares to my view of the person. I know that may seem like a convoluted process but its the only way I think I'll come away with a vote I feel good about.

balaam I can say I liked your list and agree with most of what is there. It's the lists that came afterwards that I'm having trouble assimilating. Again, sorry I have not posted today, i just don't feel like I would have added much except possible confusion.
This. Almost all of this precisely. I've been attempting to keep up, but there are so many lists, analyses, and weird colors that I was (and still am) having trouble sifting through it all interpreting graphs and large amounts of data have never been my strong suit...I prefer puzzle-y math TBH I read the thread last night intending to check in with a post but got flustered and shut the laptop (this was also factored with being tired, but). I appreciate the thought behind lists and attempted analyses, but it's more confusing than anything and makes hell for reading.

People seem to be turning on Rachel. Not enough for a vote today, it seems, but perhaps pushing towards her for future lynches. Why? I don't see it, but I could be missing something?

People keep saying "we should look at Samuel" but don't seem to be doing so. So I will. 19 posts are fairly easy to go through, and his voting record has been posted, but just for my sake and ease of reading:
Day 1: Samson (last)
Day 2: No vote
Day 3: No vote
Day 4: Job (5th to vote out of 9)
Day 5: Jephthah (3rd to vote out of 5)

Besides missing the vote twice in a row but still posting, the post that raised my eyebrow was the following:
Samuel wrote:Balaam, show me where I said that I was voting Absalom because I think you are good. I have no opinion on you. I voted Job because I believe Absalom is bad. If given a choice between two options and Absalom has voted already, I'm not going to vote the same way he does because I believe he is bad. Which is what I said. I would have rathered vote Absalom, but it was clear the votes were already falling on job and Balaam and I do not wish to waste my vote.
Now, later he admits that he "misread" Balaam's post, but that's not what gets me. Perhaps it has been pointed out before, but Samuel voted fairly early when there was not only enough time to possibly keep Job safe, but to actually vote for Absalom (Lazarus had already voted before him), the person he was supposedly trying to thwart and believed was bad. It's similar logic that Jeph used for his Balaam vote, but Jeph waited for quite a while. Samuel went "gut" with plenty of time. Thoughts?

Lazarus and Pilate still give me the willies. Behavior proved to be an effective factor in catching Uzziah, so they're certainly candidates.

Okay. I know there's a lot more going on today than that, esp. regarding Ruth with all the votes on her so far, but that's all the analysis I can handle right now (like I said, data's not my favorite thing to work with), so I need a break and some food. I'll come back in a few.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jonathan wrote:
Lot wrote:
hmmm. I have been leaning toward Jacob but can you expand at all on what you mean by this? For example, what kind of info would you expect that we get with a Ruth lynch? Maybe a Ruth vote is where I need to be.
I by no means want to force everyone into thinking the way I am and I don't think there is a place we 'need' to be. Jacob would be a fine vote, I think. Ruth could still be civ (I don't share Stephen's absolute certainty).

What I meant, though, is that I thought back in particular to day one when Ruth took a bit of heat for asking everyone about what word they used to mean the heathen and I thought, if she comes back bad, a reread of day one and what other people thought of Ruth's posts on day one might tell us some more stuff. I don't see it as a massive thing, it was just the 'tipping point', which was what Jephthah asked for.
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ok Lot, I got it. Thanks for your response.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

The case on Ruth is intriguing. I have to agree with Stephen that she could easily have been a teammate hiding in the Uzziah vote/not voting for Jeph because it would look like a save. I'm going to do a bit of my research on Rachel and then likely vote for one of these two R-ladies.

Lot, lynching me would not be just 'fine' tbh :p I assure you, I'm worth keeping around. I know I haven't contributed much in thread but I am helpful for the civvie cause and I will try to participate more in the next few days.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Read through Rachel's and Ruth's posts. It does seem that Ruth suspected Uzziah consistently for a few days and was vocal about it, so it seems unlikely she's his teammate. Rachel, well, I don't really know what to think of Rachel. She seemed genuinely surprised that Job was good and Uzziah was bad, but idk I'm getting mixed vibes from her. I think I need to reread a couple other players before I decide.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Lazarus and Pilate both think Absalom is bad. What is the reasoning behind that?

Also, Laz has been voting Absalom for several days, to the extent that he's not contributing to the lynches at all. I find this post incredibly suspicious:
Lazarus wrote:So I'm catching up now. I really want to keep voting absalom till he is lynched but the list could also be a big help finding out who was on uzziah's team.
He's not at all enthusiastic about hunting for Uzz's teammates, he has this tunnel vision about Absalom. Meanwhile, Pilate insists that Absalom is in fact Uzziah's teammate. What to make of all this? I have sort of low-key trusted Absalom for most of the game, but if someone has evidence against him I will listen; otherwise I think Lazarus and maybe Pilate as well are full of BS.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Ruth was the 6th vote for Uzziah when Jeph had 3, and also suspected Uzziah throughout.

Save one baddie by sacrificing a teammate is not the most optimal situation for a team, but it happens.

It looks like Jeph tried to push Samuel with 3 votes on Uzziah already, and that may have backfired when other votes were cast for Jeph himself.

However, he has 0 votes at the moment. And in lieu of that, I feel most comfortable about casting a 2nd vote on Rachel, most likely to be his and/or Uzzy's teammate who had to vote to sacrifice him.

Return to “Previous Jobs”