50%

Total votes: 8
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Re: [Day 10] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Vote hedgeowl. I think the case is solid, and much better then the case on the second highest vote getter. :)
What was solid about the case?
I thought MM's case of inactives makes sense. It might not have been here but I still think he brought up good points.
You are also ignoring the second part of my statement. I was in second place votes, and that wouldn't have been a better lynch. Epi is unpredictable and was saying he might tie it, so my vote was also defensive, since I couldn't be sure he wasn't waiting to swoop in and tie me with hedgie.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:though Hedgeowl would later go on to vote for Long Con.
Marsh, why treat this extremely important point as though it is barely worth a minor caveat in a big ISO? That vote was a big deal, as I suggested earlier:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Give Hedge credit for a really solid Day 1 vote. She voted for LC (Mafia 2) and at the time, it made this the tally:

6 - Long Con
5 - Cobalt
5 - S~V~S

If she is a member of Mafia 2, then this vote was very bold (and probably unnecessary). It wouldn't have been hard at all to take advantage of Cobalt's early behavior and cast suspicion on him instead of LC to facilitate a Cobalt vote. But Hedge didn't do that. I don't think it's likely she's with Mafia 2. That still leaves an opening for Mafia 1 or one of the independent slots, but those possibilities will have to be judged on their own merits.
If your intent was to link Hedgeowl to Mafia 2 (Team Wildhorn), then this point should not have been glossed over. It was crucial, and a big reason why I eliminated her from candidacy for that team.
I also disagree that this vote was a big deal in making her look civvie. If hedgeowl hadn't voted LC, she would have voted out a civvie. When LC flipped bad she inevitably would have looked EVEN worse for saving him day 1. Also seeing as how LC wasn't lynched Day 2, it stands to reason he probably knew he would survive, giving her even less credit for that vote. I think I have made my stance clear that I think LC's teammates probably bussed him.

I stayed up til 4 in case I needed saving, and now I have to spend the busy fun day I had planned running off 3 hours of sleep.
I don't like you implying no one cares about Doms game. Dom is a great friend of mine. And I think he knows how much I love this theme and game. I have tried to make it clear that I had some RL shit going on, but that I didn't want to share to feel like I was trying to gain sympathy for RL stuff since everyone has a RL. But if you'd like to know, I had an old friend of mine killed in a hit and run, so playing a game about killing wasn't top of my fun things to do atm.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:JJ, here is what I think.

I think if Bass didn't die, ninja did, and ninja is civ.
That could be. This isn't a 100% factual thing without a flip, but it could be.
Golden wrote:I think if hedge didn't die, probably DF did, and when I read DF back I don't agree with the case.
The tally does not reflect this statement.
Golden wrote:And I REALLY think I'm beginning to become suspicious of you for calling people anti-town just because they are involved in lynching civvies when there is literally no evidence that you have been voting for or casing people who are actually mafia either.
This is completely irrelevant. Even if I had taken part in all three of these lynches I would still view everyone else with some degree of suspicion. I would acknowledge that I was wrong, as anyone can be, and try to discern who among the other voters was not merely wrong. I'm not casting this suspicion upon people just because I wasn't involved with the lynches (indeed, I voted for Bass during the Cobalt lynch). I am casting suspicion because it is inherently suspicious to lynch three straight townies. No matter what. And when that happens immediately after I join a game, don't you think it makes a lot of sense that my focus would be on that scenario?
Golden wrote:I personally think there is literally no case to be made that I am bad.
We'll see about that. I think there is literally almost never a situation which satisfies this self-perception, but we'll see.
Golden wrote:I already responded to this last time. I also think if you read my post history carefully and thoroughly, someone as sharp as you can even figure out why...

So, put up or shut up. I don't want to hear you throw vague accusations around about me again until you have ISO'd and cased me, because you have now done it several days in a row...
I absolutely do not care what you want and do not want to hear from me. I care about trying to solve this game, which is always going to include looking into the player Golden. I have expressed some misgivings about you, but I have not voted for you or called for your lynch in any way. So your reaction to that is entirely nonsensical and frankly does not help you with me. You're going to have to calm down and give me an opportunity to investigate your content. Once I've done that I'll determine how I feel and you know very well that I'll post all of it. I don't care if it's the night phase.

It'll probably be later this evening when I can be here long enough to take on the workload. You do have a lot of posts.
Golden wrote:Yesterday you got a, meh, can't expect JJ to have caught everything up, I can see why he isn't so ok with my last two days.

Today you get a full blown "I am now officially suspicious of you".
This progression is unfair at best and manipulative at worst. You can't expect me to just shrug at three town lynches in a row. I will never do that. It doesn't mean you're mafia, but it definitely means you're worth a reassessment.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:JJ, what do you mean about hedge's vote creating that tally on day one? I do not think it is possible for that to be correct, and the only way I can see you thinking that is if you ignore that votes were changeable in that poll.

When hedge voted LC, my vote was already on SVS. I moved it to hedge after hedge voted to avoid a tie. There was a lot of stuff going down on day one with the shifting changeable votes, and to use the day one vote poll as a weapon for why hedge wasn't on team 2 would have been foolhardy, I ignored that part of your case because I knew it to be incorrect.
I looked at Dom's archive thread for the tallies and came up with that result.

As long as the (number) next to each player's vote represents their spot in the order for their LAST vote, I think my tally for Hedge should be correct. If the number instead only represents the time of their first vote, then it's a different matter.

Can anyone tell me how that typically works in these polls?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:JJ, here is what I think.

I think if Bass didn't die, ninja did, and ninja is civ.
That could be. This isn't a 100% factual thing without a flip, but it could be.
I personally believe it is a 100% factual thing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Here are some other questions you can answer JJ

Why did you vote nutella when you first turned up but don't seem to have her in the equation any more?
To that point, nutella was the only player I'd investigated, and I found some suspicious content. She is still a suspect; I've just liked other cases more in ensuing phases. When I voted Bass during the Cobalt lynch, my only objective was to get a closer tally (like I did again with ninja during the Bass lynch) so EOD wouldn't be so easy for the mafia.
Golden wrote:Why do you instantly presume hedgeowl is not Jekyll?
I don't know if it's healthy to build significant theories around this possibility without a good way to have confidence about it. I don't have confidence.
Golden wrote:Why are you thinking we are even vaguely within the zone of talking about whether there is time to right this ship? Why are you presuming in coming to this view that independents are anti-town when we have seen no evidence of it?
Three town lynches in a row is bad news and I think good reason for a morale drop. If morale hadn't dropped, then great. The ship won't need righted. As for independents: are they not always inherently anti-town? That's a serious question. On RYM, all third-party players are considered anti-town by default. If that's not typical of The Syndicate, then I suppose that would be good news.
Golden wrote:Why would you have a problem taking out an absentee based on a pretty good case? What is your issue with hedgeowl being on wildhorn? What is it about MM's case you disagree with so vehemently that you think that was not a good vote? Who do you think civilian golden ought to have voted for?
I think you already discovered my answer to this. I don't have a problem with taking out an absentee as long as I do like the case. Civilian Golden could have voted for a number of other players. Why exactly did you lose faith in the notion of DFaraday as mafia, for example? You seemed to like my case initially.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gotta run for now. Let's keep this dialogue moving y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:JJ, what do you mean about hedge's vote creating that tally on day one? I do not think it is possible for that to be correct, and the only way I can see you thinking that is if you ignore that votes were changeable in that poll.

When hedge voted LC, my vote was already on SVS. I moved it to hedge after hedge voted to avoid a tie. There was a lot of stuff going down on day one with the shifting changeable votes, and to use the day one vote poll as a weapon for why hedge wasn't on team 2 would have been foolhardy, I ignored that part of your case because I knew it to be incorrect.
I looked at Dom's archive thread for the tallies and came up with that result.

As long as the (number) next to each player's vote represents their spot in the order for their LAST vote, I think my tally for Hedge should be correct. If the number instead only represents the time of their first vote, then it's a different matter.

Can anyone tell me how that typically works in these polls?
It reflects their final vote. I voted at least twice after hedge voted, therefore at minimum it does not accurately reflect the fact my vote was on SVS at the time hedge voted for LC.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Why exactly did you lose faith in the notion of DFaraday as mafia, for example? You seemed to like my case initially.
Well, I liked the possibility he was on webber initially, but my read back on him, the approach he took to sig and TGG suggests to me he is not on team webber.

I never truly bought that he was on wildhorn, but I guess it isn't out of the question. But I don't think he is on team webber.

JJ - what I will say is this - I recognise that the rest of the thread is pretty much dead, but you keep coming back to questioning my vote pattern, but you really have never particularly acknowledged the relative reasonableness of my responses. Beyond that, you say it's about the fact there have been three civvie votes and you've even posted about who was in how many of those vote chains, but your focus has, from my perspective, undoubtebly focussed on me more than it has on others, without you ever having provided a particular justification for why.

So perhaps another question for you - why have you been more focussed on my record than on MMs, for example, over the last two day phases?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Independents can be many things here, JJ.

The main three I can think of:

Simply survive, win with any faction
Serial killer/last man standing
Alternate win conditions, generally compatible with a win with any faction

For example, in harry stephen keeler the independents were a team who just had to have at least one alive and hold certain items when the game ended. In Biblical, each independent simply had to satisfy their own win condition, and they could win alive or dead. In economics, the indy was a serial killer.

In this game, I have a feeling the independents are more likely to be the first or third, because we have seen no evidence that they are the second, and I'd expect we would have by day 10.

That doesn't mean they are actively helpful to the civ side necessarily. A general ambivalence might indicate a survival win con, for example, because it may be someone who is more focussed on giving no-one any reason to night kill or lynch them than on actively helping the civilians. But it also doesn't mean they are a threat.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:More people have not voted than have.

Maybe I will tie it up. :dark:
I wish you had.
Is that so? I'm not sure I believe that.

Is there any reason you left out the part where I said I was going to hold onto my vote to ensure that there would not be a tie?
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Why'd you go with Hedge?
I don't suspect Hedgeowl.
I changed my mind.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, I've changed my mind, I want my role back. :feb:

(not being serious)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Spacedaisy »

I joined this game to help the host and players have a better experience, not because I am dying to play mafia. I have a lot on my plate right now, so I have no intention of going back and reading what happened before I joined. I realize this makes me a target for manipulative cases, so if you are civ and you see one being presented you better speak up. I found the case on Hedge to be compelling because based on voting behavior she appeared to be a distancing teammate of a lynched baddie. I feel no need to apologize for my vote.

I trust golden because what I see from him is nothing like what I just saw from him as my baddie teammate in guess who. I feel very confident he is civ.

Now, MM is looking shady as shit to me right now. He presents a case in hopes someone will come in and debunk it? He voted for her though... Then the first chance he gets he is jumping on me, the easiest target in this game right now? You are looking really opportunistic to me.

Someone want to give me a bullet point overview of why they suspect Splints?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

It's been a while since I said: Rezz please. I'm bummed I was NK before JJJ came into the game. Never played with him before, but I love his style I'm allowed to say that, right?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:It's been a while since I said: Rezz please. I'm bummed I was NK before JJJ came into the game. Never played with him before, but I love his style I'm allowed to say that, right?
Hi FZ! I didn't know you were even checking in.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:It's been a while since I said: Rezz please. I'm bummed I was NK before JJJ came into the game. Never played with him before, but I love his style I'm allowed to say that, right?
Hi FZ! I didn't know you were even checking in.
Hey :D I never do after I die, but for some reason, this game stuck to me. Maybe it's because I'm on a mafia break :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, maybe you should hang around until after the night post? You never know.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I always hang around because I never know if there might be a chance of a rezz lol - and I always want one.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

i've also been unable to look away from this game
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Perhaps the singer could sing about how everyone wants a rezz.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Finally back from a very long day of stuff. I owe Golden a thorough analysis and will look into him now. I'll post whatever thoughts I can before the turn of phase.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It'd certainly be neat to play with you some time, FZ.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It'd certainly be neat to play with you some time, FZ.
If you were to rezz one person, would it be FZ, sloonei or scotty? Or someone else entirely?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Dammit. RIP Hedgeowl :( Screw nighttime silence! I should be scared, but pfffffft.
nutella wrote:Oh my god I can't believe I fucked up AGAIN. Just like the other time, I was saving my vote for when I got back from work, and then immediately got distracted by friends (we went to see Ant-Man which was HILARIOUS). So sorry I missed it. I honestly can't say for sure whether I would have ended up going for Hedge or Splints. I see Splints finally actually defended herself, I still have an eye on her but am not as confident.
Something pinged me about this post, so I read back at nutella's posts lately, and she has A LOT of comments like this:
nutella wrote:Okay, so there are pretty strong cases that Bass, Cobalt, and Splints are bad. Bass and Cobalt look like they'd be on Team Webber, and Splints looks like Team Wildhorn. At this point I'm feeling about equally confident in all three cases, so I'm relatively equally willing to lynch any of the three. My inclination is, because tonight is Wildhorn's kill, that it should be priority today to vote for Splints. But when I think about it, she's probably not the last member of the team, there is probably one more left, so it's not like lynching her would prevent the kill, right? So actually the order doesn't really matter... whatever, I will be voting for one of the three, and it looks like Cobalt is the most likely at this point. Just wondering if anyone else had this thought though -- I find the Splints case really very compelling, and if there is much of a chance that she's the last member left, it would behoove us to get rid of her before the even night. But as it stands that doesn't seem super likely and I'd be happy to lynch Cobalt as well.
nutella wrote:Another survival! Glad you made it, Scotty.

I'm definitely interested in lynching Bass today, or maybe splints -- still need to hear more from her.
nutella wrote:God damn it :|

@Scotty: Can you explain why this makes you think either I or splints is bad? I don't understand the reasoning there. Suspecting Bass doesn't make me bad, it makes me a civ who misguidedly wanted to lynch someone who was acting suspicious as hell. But if you have legitimate reason to suspect Splints I'd be happy to pursue her further.

I am also happy with a Niju lynch tomorrow. I think it is likely that her teammates piled onto the Bass vote.
nutella wrote:Ninja's defenses keep reading genuine to me, so I'm going back and forth on her and right now thinking she's more likely civvie. As for my comment about her teammate(s) piling on, I realized if she's bad she almost certainly only has one teammate, but I still think that if so then that player could possibly be one of the last Bass votes. But yeah it's not enough to make that a reason to suspect her further.

Right now I am more interested in lynching Splints, the case on her just gets more and more solid. JJJ has interesting thoughts on DF as well, DF has totally blended into the background for me and I could see him either way.
etc., etc. You have mentioned splints in your posts for days expressing vague suspicion (nothing even concrete) and yet you haven't voted for her a single time, or really pushed for her lynch. I'm starting to think you're not being very genuine about this suspicion, which either tells me a) you're extremely wishy-washy, b) you're being opportunistic and waiting to see if anything catches on before you vote (but you did that before with me and other civs), or b) you're distancing from a teammate. Thoughts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It'd certainly be neat to play with you some time, FZ.
If you were to rezz one person, would it be FZ, sloonei or scotty? Or someone else entirely?

I'd want someone who I'd expect to post frequently, so any of those three would work. I guess I'd go with Sloonei because he is always a huge asset later in games as town.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I am genuine about the suspicion. I've just never happened to vote for her, as I have ended up voting for others that I suspected just as strongly or more (or in the case of yesterday, missing the vote). I am absolutely willing to vote for her and probably would have yesterday if I had been here.

And like I have said numerous times before, yes I waffle in how strongly I suspect people, yes I am wishy-washy, yes I become doubtful and hedge around a lot because I don't want to get overconfident and lynch more civvies than we already have. But Splints grew into one of my stronger suspicions of this game thus far, and that's why I keep bringing her up, because I don't want her to fall out of discussion.

As for my reasons for suspecting her, I honestly don't remember who made the initial case a few days ago, but it was strong enough to put her on my short list, and then you (Niju) only added credence to the case, showing how she was "opportunistic" (whatever the heck that overused word even means anymore) and her interactions with BR etc. I may try to find the older case (maybe it was JJJ? idk) and re-examine it in light of her current defenses. She did sound genuine in her last few posts/defenses which is why I am more hesitant now, but I still can't really think of anyone I suspect more than her at this point.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Here is JJJ's original ISO of splints which shows that her voting record would fit with her being on Wildhorn
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm finding myself getting a little confused about the night kills -- particularly who perpetrated each. A lot of people are taking it as gospel that specifically Team Wildhorn or specifically Team Webber attempted to kill [Player X]. I only see one phase in which a mafia role is explicitly employed to describe a kill attempt though (Bonnie and Clyde on Night 5). So how do we know when each mafia team is given the night kill?

This is not a statement of suspicion, I seriously don't know. I think people received some behind the scenes information at some point that I never saw or something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote:Here is JJJ's original ISO of splints which shows that her voting record would fit with her being on Wildhorn
What do you think of her Black Rock vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm finding myself getting a little confused about the night kills -- particularly who perpetrated each. A lot of people are taking it as gospel that specifically Team Wildhorn or specifically Team Webber attempted to kill [Player X]. I only see one phase in which a mafia role is explicitly employed to describe a kill attempt though (Bonnie and Clyde on Night 5). So how do we know when each mafia team is given the night kill?

This is not a statement of suspicion, I seriously don't know. I think people received some behind the scenes information at some point that I never saw or something.
From knowledge of the relevant musicals.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, and also, because we have had opportunities to decode certain PMs. Wildhorn had the ability to corrupt on odd nights and kill on even nights. So, logical thinking..

But also, odd night kills have had references to Webber musicals like the Phantom, so it's played out as expected.

That is also a pretty usual kill pattern when there are two mafia teams.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry, at first I thought you meant how do we know kills happened by specific people, but I realised you just meant specific teams.

The time we saw 'Bonnie & Clyde' named specifically was interesting, because it otherwise went against the pattern (and also happened on the same night as a webber kill).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Is that so? I'm not sure I believe that.
It is so. I don't mean that I wanted the final tally to be a tie, but a tie during the final stretch could have definitely generated interesting content from those looking to avoid it however they may. It's not an accusation though.
Epignosis wrote:Is there any reason you left out the part where I said I was going to hold onto my vote to ensure that there would not be a tie?
Because it wasn't an accusation. The only mildly accusatory text I sent your way was my inquiry about your change of heart on Hedgeowl.
Epignosis wrote:I changed my mind.
If that Hedgeowl post inspired you to change your mind, what made you read her with non-suspicion before that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I know absolutely nothing about any musical ever written, so I'm going to have to trust y'all on that stuff Golden.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also never received any PM to be decoded, so that portion of this setup is lost on me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I also never received any PM to be decoded, so that portion of this setup is lost on me.
It's probably because your predecessor didn't vote on the polls. We got them depending on how we voted.

However, you don't need to trust only me. You'll see quite a bit of discussion about these things in the early game if you search for it. I'm not suggesting you have to, just that it's there if you choose not to trust but to search for yourself.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, Golden -- earlier you'd asked me why I wasn't focusing as much on Marsh as I have been on you. I should be; the difference was that I observed more reasons for suspicion in your cases in recent phases than in his. But he obviously warrants examination too, very much so. Hopefully time permits soon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Is that so? I'm not sure I believe that.
It is so. I don't mean that I wanted the final tally to be a tie, but a tie during the final stretch could have definitely generated interesting content from those looking to avoid it however they may. It's not an accusation though.
Epignosis wrote:Is there any reason you left out the part where I said I was going to hold onto my vote to ensure that there would not be a tie?
Because it wasn't an accusation. The only mildly accusatory text I sent your way was my inquiry about your change of heart on Hedgeowl.
Epignosis wrote:I changed my mind.
If that Hedgeowl post inspired you to change your mind, what made you read her with non-suspicion before that?
Your post seemed a tad revisionist to me, but fair enough.

Experience with evil Hedgeowl has led me to believe that Hedgeowl is a team player, eager to do whatever her team needs of her with a warm smile and a whetted knife. I have been bad with her three times, I think.

I dismissed that experience for two reasons.

First, the night posts have been written in such a way that they reveal when someone has been targeted and survives, versus when (presumably) no one has been targeted. That indicates a want of activity, I daresay.

Second- and I know people will dislike me for this and I give no shits- if a person isn't voting, then you don't lessen the civilian tally by voting the person out. With potentially missed kills, you may nab Mafia. People don't like voting no-shows because it's the "easy" way, but sometimes the easy way is also the right way.

I must go now. My people need me. :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looking into Golden

There seems to be evidence that Team Wildhorn attempted to kill Golden. This is clearly a good reason to disqualify him from candidacy for that team. I'll focus any suspicion I may have then on candidacy for Team Webber or for an independent role.
Golden wrote:I wish it were wider. I'm afraid of the day being derailed by the cobalt vs lc thing.

Right now it is the quieter people who are pinging me more, in that a lot of people who are talking aren't really. I see the case on sig. It sort of bothered me that Scotty might have thought I had solved the strange message, but I'm not sure if it bothered me in a baddie way or not.

Here are the quieter people who have been bothering me:

BR - who has managed to pop in and achieve some stuff (and solve the book message) but still really hasn't said much about what is going on in the thread
Neverwhere - who has been bad every other time she has played, so I'm sure that colours my view, but I really want her to talk more about her thoughts on what is going on.
DREAM - where is she?
Bullz - fluff posts remind me a bit of when he was in keeler. I'm not sure bullz is a high poster generally, I can't really remember if I played much with him or at all back in RM days...
Canuck - where is she?
splints - where is she?

And I want bwt to talk more too.

This is in addition to existing suspicions of people for their actual content - hedgey, cobalt.

I'm getting civ vibes from sloonei, timmer, DF, nutella, Scotty for the most part.

Don't yet know what to make of epi 2.0
It's important to check out Golden's interactions with the confirmed Team Webber players (sig and TGG/G-Man) during the early phases if this case is to be of any significance. The underlined portion of this Day 2 post shows him lending some vague support to the public cases being presented against sig. He talks about a large number of players in this post and is more substantive with most of them than he was with sig. Without a more descriptive comment than this I am not inclined to view it as a good look. It isn't necessarily a bad look either. It's just kind of there.
Golden wrote:The only bit of the sig stuff I found suspicious - and I still do, despite sig's defence - is that the approach to SVS/Cobalt did seem off when cased by Sloonei. However, I'd go back and read the whole thing myself before I considered voting that way.
This is a pretty decent post. If he's Team Webber and it's his desire to distance himself from sig, then he's elected a high-pressure means of doing so here -- perhaps higher than necessary. I underlined the portion I liked. He expressed a specific cause for suspicion and asserted it with some conviction even in light of sig's attempt at self-defense. It should be said that sig didn't seem to be in significant danger of being lynched, so it might not have been as pressuring as it appeared. I'd have to look at sig's posts to see how she handled Golden on this front.

~~~

I just don't have enough time for this tonight. I got home way too late. If I survive I'll continue during the day phase. Here's what I'd compiled so far, it's barely a beginning though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree with epi's post.

I do think the difference between night two and three versus night four might be explaining by way of doctor save vs roleblock. But I also think between epi and MM they've made a decent case for why B & C may be a relative inactive.

Night four kill ought to have been put in by BR anyway, so I'm not sure whats up there.

It will be interesting to see if there is any sign of a wildhorn kill tonight. If not, I'll be looking into Neverwhere, and it will reinforce my feeling that bubbles may well actually be jekyll after all.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Re: [Day 11] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Eleven
ENTER SINGER
SINGER: Everybody says vote
Everybody says vote
Everybody says vote when it isn't right
Vote, but it isn't nice

Everybody says vote
Everybody says vote
Everybody says vote the obvious
Don't disturb the peace, don't skate on the ice

Well I say vote, I say
Vote for the ladies, they are meant to hang
I say vote. Tilt towards the ladies
And when you’re right you’ll sing

Everybody says rezz
Everybody says rezz
Everybody says resurrect a civ
When they say that, then civvies, that's a sign

Right at this moment
Civvies, we aren’t doing so fine
Make just a rezzie, you say, be brave
This time a Scotty, next time Sloonei.

Sometimes you have to give chase
Making the tiniest case
Maybe you're going to fall
But it's better than not suspecting at all

Everybody says can't fight the mafia
Can't upset the civs
Can't laugh at the baddies
Well I say, try!

I say
Laugh at the baddies or they'll make you cry
Lose your credit
Fall if you have to, but civvies, make a noise

Yes
Everybody says don't
Everybody says can't
Everybody says wait around for rezzies

That's the way the game is played
But I insist on cases if you do them
Rezzies might come true
But I say don't
Don't be afraid!

EXIT SINGER
ENTER CANUCK. SHE SITS CS. ENTER HOODED FIGURE. CANUCK HIDES FROM HOODED FIGURE.

HOODED FIGURE TOUCHES THE GROUND, TRAP DOOR OPENS, AND SLOONEI RISES.

BOTH EXIT.

CANUCK: What in the wo--

GUNSHOT.
CANUCK IS DEAD.

Canuck has been killed. Sloonei has been rezz'd. It is now Day 11. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: BoB Mafia Polls

Post by Dom »

to lynch! (not changeable)

Poll ended at Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Bass The Clever
No votes
JJJ
No votes
Devin
No votes
DFaraday
JaggedJimmyJay (8) 7%
Canucklehead
No votes
SpaceDaisy
No votes
Fingersplints
DFaraday (5), nijuukyugou (13) 13%
Golden
No votes
Gumshoe
No votes
Hedgeowl
Metalmarsh89 (9), Golden (11), Spacedaisy (12), fingersplints (14), Epignosis (15) 33%
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Epignosis 2.0
No votes
Neverwhere
No votes
nijuukyugou
S~V~S (3) 7%
Nutella
No votes
SVS 2.0
No votes
for MEE (host/non)
Dom (1), Scotty (2), TinyBubbles (4), juliets (6), Sloonei (7), MovingPictures07 (10) 40%
Total votes : 15
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Yes, I edited the Night Post. I forgot to include something. :blush:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey all! It's great to be back! I've followed along pretty keenly since being killed and my opinion on ninja has not changed. She's getting my vote unless someone can convince me I've been wrong this whole time. I do not think I have been. I saw Golden hint a few times at her being some specific role, but I do not know what that is all about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mega thanks to whoever brought me back, of course. If it was ninja i'll eat my shoe. I don't think it was ninja. I think I know who it actually was.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also i'm definitely getting the sense that at least one of the no-shows is scum. Gumshoe was my early hunch, but there's no real substance to that, and it could just as easily be devin or someone
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jay, your next ISO target is nijuukyugou.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Don't have any big posts in me tonight, nor do I feel like playing catch up right now. I'm far too tired. Tomorrow is wide open though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Votes are changeable today, meaning everyone should cast a vote on their top suspect as soon as they get here, no excuses.
I see Golden already has voted, but has not spoken. Good to know the silencer is still hangin around.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

RIP Canuck. WB Sloonei. I'll take your suggestion and vote for my top suspect which is still Splints.
Since Golden appears to be silenced, are you still going to push heavily for a Niju lynch without hearing his side of things? He seemed to have reason to trust her, and I'm inclined to trust what he says.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”