Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2)

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
unfurl wrote:Also Bye Bass
I think this is become an elitist game tbqh, where the people who arenot hard core player will going to be lynched, my prediction, less see in an a fortune teller :llama:
I disagree 100%, have you been reading the same thread as me? Golden and I have been in hot seats for almost the entire game, and Golden barely made it out of the last lynch alive. :evileye:

Meanwhile, we have TinyBubbles, timmer, and DisgruntledPorcupine, who are recently receiving a bit of heat, but have not come under near as much fire as those who have put their words on the line and posted much more.

I think your post here trying to further the divide, making this a hardcore v. non-hardcore fest, is troubling greatly. I think players with post counts of all sizes should be eyeballed with equal fervor, not lopsided, and it's entirely why I've been defending Golden because his posts have read completely reasonable as a neutral-aligned Golden. The only accusations against him legitimately fall into two categories: (1) fear mongering and (2) belief that neutral Golden would play like a civilian.
HE SAID HE WOULD
I don't understand the need for caps. I'm trying to be reasonable in my emotional demeanor going forward.

I'm aware; my intent was unclear, sorry. (2) should be supplemented with the phrase "but firmly believe that he is playing against the civilians", since that seems to be the sentiment of S~V~S and others when they say that they think Golden executed the kill.

I think Golden is, at worst, neutral, and he isn't worth my time. I'd rather catch a mafia-aligned. In before you ask about Bass, but I firmly believed Bass could be at best, neutral, and hopefully was mafia-aligned. He wasn't, which is disappointing, but I'm not upset over the former result one bit even though I wouldn't have campaigned against Bass if I thought he could be, at worst, neutral.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

rey, it's true you've been focused on Golden and anything surrounding him, so... what are your thoughts on some others in the game? I won't restrict you by asking about certain players.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

I think this is become an elitist game tbqh, where the people who arenot hard core player will going to be lynched, my prediction, less see in an a fortune teller :llama:
For what it's worth, I will not at any point have this mindset. :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, I suppose I'll vote for Position 3, lest I get called out for voting 4 again. :P 3 isn't too bad.

See you folks later. :mp:
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Make fun of me as his cheerleader all you want (actually, please do, since it's hilarious), but I have been only defending Golden with the fervor that I've had because I feel accusations against him have been driven by mere fear mongering ("he did that to Epi? What if he does it to me?!?!?!!?"), which is a silly sentiment in my opinion given that the vast majority of players in this game still don't know what side they're going to end up on.
You start this paragraph off by addressing me and end it by addressing SVS without a transition.
Some day, Some day
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

reywaS wrote:"Out of reywaS' 124 posts, I'd reckon 60% of them are about Golden (I'm guesstimating). I would expect it very easy and safe to tunnel into one person for a time"

A response to this particular snippet from Scotty's earlier post. You are right. I have been focusing on Golden a lot. I tend to get tunnel vision in mafia games when someone's posts get stuck in my head. In the past it can be a flaw of my game play style. But, I'm not always wrong when I get fixated on someone. A particular RM game comes to mind...Reality TV Mafia. I remember having a particularly over the top case of tunnel vision in that game, but I did sniff out DharmaHelper and Golden as 2 of the 4 mafiosos in the game...but for every time that I am correct in that case, there are a few instances where I was just flat out wrong. I realize this. This is why I tempered my suspicion of Golden in between Days 1 and 2, but he reignited my suspicion with the things he said in the 2nd half of Day 2. Right or wrong that is the only way I know how to play when I am not on a baddie team. I tend to have a lot more trouble when I am because in my head everything I think to write just sounds forced. A handful of people in this game know this about me. Golden is one of those people, which is why the 2 "no u's" he's flung at me in this game don't ring true to me. In Zany Dex's Superman game on RM, this dynamic was on display where I was Clark Kent and Golden was independent and eventually merged with the mafia team (and won). I got tunnel vision in that game too. I think I was wrong in that case, but regardless I got a lot of flack in that game for it.
Thanks for the response, yo!

Asa follow up: What is your opinion of Golden now? Is he still your main lynch candidate?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:]
Bass was playing a bad/chaos-aligned neutral game... interesting...
What is Golden playing?
Why do you treat Bass' play as bad/chaos-aligned? Are therefore all Sorcerers bad for you or are they redeemable by recruitement?
I was talking about what MP had said.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not saying RIP to Bass, and, at the expense of making enemies further, I'll echo nutella's thoughts a bit and say that I'm not that sad about Bass's death either. It would have been ideal to nab a mafia-aligned recruiter or recruited, naturally, but an unrecruited Bass is still at least a somewhat favorable result. That said, I'll dearly miss him on a personal level, as always.

Maybe you all are generally more OK with it because you weren't on the receiving end of his completely baseless attack against me, which, combined with other similar attacks yesterday, actually had me feeling as though I was a solid lynch contender for Day 2. My feelings were confirmed when I was tied for the lead in votes for quite a while, though later it died down. Bass's behavior was unpredictable, he wasn't willing at all to actually engage others in conversation and see things from my point of view. He could have easily been playing a mafia or chaos-aligned neutral game, regardless of whether people think his role seems dangerous on its own, which was sort of the feel I was getting from his posts up until the end there.

I agree that it's bet at this stage for Golden to drop the Epi issue completely, but it doesn't help that others (rey and S~V~S and Boomslang, etc.) have been just as insistent on bringing it up over and over as well as Golden has.

Make fun of me as his cheerleader all you want (actually, please do, since it's hilarious), but I have been only defending Golden with the fervor that I've had because I feel accusations against him have been driven by mere fear mongering ("he did that to Epi? What if he does it to me?!?!?!!?"), which is a silly sentiment in my opinion given that the vast majority of players in this game still don't know what side they're going to end up on.
Bass was playing a bad/chaos-aligned neutral game... interesting...
What is Golden playing?
I'm not alleging that I can read into Bass's brain and see what he was thinking as he played the game, so I really don't know if he was playing a bad or chaos-aligned game. That was the impression I received from his behavior, and the fact that he really didn't seem to care who received attention as long as it wasn't him.

As to what Golden has playing, I'd say he's been playing a 100% survival-aligned neutral game. He's been under such heat for most of his tenure in this game that honestly I think he's been doing whatever he can to ensure that he doesn't die immediately. I don't think that's necessarily unreasonable at this stage, mainly because I've been reading all of his thoughts as genuine, because he's been able to articulate himself in a manner that I personally find believable. Therefore, I also believe that Golden is not actively seeking recruitment, and that he'd prefer to be a civilian. Of course, if this game will proceed how the prior games did, I could very well be advocating for his lynch, since it's entirely possible Golden and I will end up with opposing interests. I do not currently think we have opposing interests. I honestly wouldn't care about Golden as much as any other neutral if I felt players weren't exposing him to a ridiculously unbalanced amount of heat when compared to other players who should be examined as well.
Why the wishy-washy-ness on Bass?
When Epignosis pushed for his lynch, he had one vote, did he not? Golden was hardly in danger on Day 1.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I disagree 100%, have you been reading the same thread as me? Golden and I have been in hot seats for almost the entire game, and Golden barely made it out of the last lynch alive. :evileye:

Meanwhile, we have TinyBubbles, timmer, and DisgruntledPorcupine, who are recently receiving a bit of heat, but have not come under near as much fire as those who have put their words on the line and posted much more.

I think your post here trying to further the divide, making this a hardcore v. non-hardcore fest, is troubling greatly. I think players with post counts of all sizes should be eyeballed with equal fervor, not lopsided, and it's entirely why I've been defending Golden because his posts have read completely reasonable as a neutral-aligned Golden. The only accusations against him legitimately fall into two categories: (1) fear mongering and (2) belief that neutral Golden would play like a civilian.
HE SAID HE WOULD
I don't understand the need for caps. I'm trying to be reasonable in my emotional demeanor going forward.

I'm aware; my intent was unclear, sorry. (2) should be supplemented with the phrase "but firmly believe that he is playing against the civilians", since that seems to be the sentiment of S~V~S and others when they say that they think Golden executed the kill.

I think Golden is, at worst, neutral, and he isn't worth my time. I'd rather catch a mafia-aligned. In before you ask about Bass, but I firmly believed Bass could be at best, neutral, and hopefully was mafia-aligned. He wasn't, which is disappointing, but I'm not upset over the former result one bit even though I wouldn't have campaigned against Bass if I thought he could be, at worst, neutral.
This does not address Golden's change in tone. This does not address Golden's change in actions since Day 0.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.
[no Bass posts or posts on Bass (from anyone, that is) in between]
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for Bass.
Please explain.

----
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Turnip Head is still alive. What's up with that?

Why wouldn't you all listen to an unknown voice?
Why would we, really?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm not saying RIP to Bass, and, at the expense of making enemies further, I'll echo nutella's thoughts a bit and say that I'm not that sad about Bass's death either. It would have been ideal to nab a mafia-aligned recruiter or recruited, naturally, but an unrecruited Bass is still at least a somewhat favorable result. That said, I'll dearly miss him on a personal level, as always.

Maybe you all are generally more OK with it because you weren't on the receiving end of his completely baseless attack against me, which, combined with other similar attacks yesterday, actually had me feeling as though I was a solid lynch contender for Day 2. My feelings were confirmed when I was tied for the lead in votes for quite a while, though later it died down. Bass's behavior was unpredictable, he wasn't willing at all to actually engage others in conversation and see things from my point of view. He could have easily been playing a mafia or chaos-aligned neutral game, regardless of whether people think his role seems dangerous on its own, which was sort of the feel I was getting from his posts up until the end there.

I agree that it's bet at this stage for Golden to drop the Epi issue completely, but it doesn't help that others (rey and S~V~S and Boomslang, etc.) have been just as insistent on bringing it up over and over as well as Golden has.

I'm also in the mindset of not saddened at all to see him gone. Not as a person, but as a role. You guys remember Disney's Fantasia?? Remember how much of a bully and meanie that Sorcerer was when Mickey futzed with the magic brooms? Who wants that in this game? Sorcerers can be badddd in this game.

As for Golden, I feel like if he were to stop responding to every little thing said about him his heat would die down a bit, but he has kept going, much to people's chagrin, and people are finding that even more suspicious. I feel that he's probably gonna have that monkey on his back all game until we can get a better picture of who actually killed Epi (we may never).
I have no reason to believe he is anything more than neutral right now.

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Scotty wrote:
reywaS wrote:"Out of reywaS' 124 posts, I'd reckon 60% of them are about Golden (I'm guesstimating). I would expect it very easy and safe to tunnel into one person for a time"

A response to this particular snippet from Scotty's earlier post. You are right. I have been focusing on Golden a lot. I tend to get tunnel vision in mafia games when someone's posts get stuck in my head. In the past it can be a flaw of my game play style. But, I'm not always wrong when I get fixated on someone. A particular RM game comes to mind...Reality TV Mafia. I remember having a particularly over the top case of tunnel vision in that game, but I did sniff out DharmaHelper and Golden as 2 of the 4 mafiosos in the game...but for every time that I am correct in that case, there are a few instances where I was just flat out wrong. I realize this. This is why I tempered my suspicion of Golden in between Days 1 and 2, but he reignited my suspicion with the things he said in the 2nd half of Day 2. Right or wrong that is the only way I know how to play when I am not on a baddie team. I tend to have a lot more trouble when I am because in my head everything I think to write just sounds forced. A handful of people in this game know this about me. Golden is one of those people, which is why the 2 "no u's" he's flung at me in this game don't ring true to me. In Zany Dex's Superman game on RM, this dynamic was on display where I was Clark Kent and Golden was independent and eventually merged with the mafia team (and won). I got tunnel vision in that game too. I think I was wrong in that case, but regardless I got a lot of flack in that game for it.
Thanks for the response, yo!

Asa follow up: What is your opinion of Golden now? Is he still your main lynch candidate?
Yes, but I'm not married to it. I'm going to force myself away from being fixated on him to see other points of view. If I don't have new suspicions or if Golden doesn't convince me that I'm wrong, I will vote for him again on Day 3 by default. But I'm not reserving myself to that outcome.
Some day, Some day
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted Position 4 because it sounds fun.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.
Please explain.
I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

Long Con wrote:First player to post a picture of a Hostile Hoagie will gain esteem.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey Scotty, you're really suspicious. I'll explain later.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Please explain.
I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
Bandwagoning.
Flip-flopping.
Voting in contradiction your last read/viewpoint on the player you voted for.
Also: I didn't notice before Scotty bringing this up as well, and I agree with him that you also made some stronger remarks about rey only to never pick it up again, come vote time.

These would be the problems I can enumerate off the top of my head right now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Scotty wrote:TurnipHead- [snip]
You just said you didn't know who to vote for, and actually also said that you couldn't decide between Bass or Golden.
I never said that. And even if I did, what's your point?
Turnip Head wrote:
Your answer to 'What are your thoughts' is to say that you're thinking Bass is more genuine and that you were thinking he was bad. 'Not really feeling a Golden vote either I take to mean you are unsure of who to vote for.

You had even joked 3 posts before that about voting Canuck, which is to say you hadn't made up your mind.

What's my point? You implied you couldn't make up your mind, and when you did, it seemed arbitrary.
Scotty wrote:You're literally all over the place on your reads, and don't back them up. What's up with that, bro?
No I'm not. And even if I was, what's your point?
Even now, your one-phrase answers have been fruitless at best.

Who are you suspicious of right now?

linki- I don't like that explanation at all.
"I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere."
So your vote was useless at that point, you're saying, and it could have gone anywhere, but you didn't want to just vote anywhere so as to raise suspicions? Well too bad. You raised suspicions from me for not explaining your vote or your intentions.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Scotty, you're really suspicious. I'll explain later.
Cool. I haven't even started with you yet.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:
Long Con wrote:First player to post a picture of a Hostile Hoagie will gain esteem.
Does a Hostile Hogan count?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Scotty wrote:"I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere."
So your vote was useless at that point, you're saying, and it could have gone anywhere, but you didn't want to just vote anywhere so as to raise suspicions? Well too bad. You raised suspicions from me for not explaining your vote or your intentions.
Your summary of what I said is nothing like what I said.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted like 5 minutes before the poll ended, when Bass already had a majority. A vote anywhere else would have been wasted, or worse it would have led to shenanigans. I don't see what the problem is. I had to vote somewhere.
Bandwagoning.
Flip-flopping.
Voting in contradiction your last read/viewpoint on the player you voted for.
Also: I didn't notice before Scotty bringing this up as well, and I agree with him that you also made some stronger remarks about rey only to never pick it up again, come vote time.

These would be the problems I can enumerate off the top of my head right now.
Why is bandwagonning a problem? If I had voted elsewhere, I'm sure someone would cite me "wasting my vote" as a problem, too.

Why is flip-flopping a problem? Is it a baddie thing to do?

I don't feel like my vote is in contradiction to my viewpoint. Yes Bass sounded sincere to me in his final moments, as players often do. I'm sorry that I wasn't sure about him. I said I wasn't feeling a Golden vote, and he was the only other realistic option at that point.

I brought rey up for the first time about 20 minutes before Day 2 ended. It's not even Day 3 yet.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Here's what I sent to BR, apologies if I got any votes wrong or anything else:

BASS THE CLEVER: 8 | Nutella (3), Golden (4), Devin (5), Bullzeye (23), Spacedaisy (24), G-Man (26), JJJ (30), Turnip (32)
BASS THE CLEAVER: 1 | DrWilgy (29)
BIRDWITHTEETH: 3 | Unfurl (7), Roxy (8), LoRab (9)
DISGRUNTLEDPORCUPINE: 3 | aapje (14), DP (17), tranq (31)
G-MAN: 1 | Ricochet (16)
GOLDEN: 7 | Dom (6), Dharma (12), SVS (13), reywaS (18), Bass (21), Boomslang (27), TinyBubbles (28)
MOVING PICTURES: 2 | Bass (2), thellama (20)
SCOTTY: 1 | Scotty (22)
TIMMER: 1 | Timmer (10)
TINY BUBBLES: 3 | Canuck (11), Sorsha (15), bea (25)
TURNIP HEAD: 1 | MM (1)
UNFURL: 1 | BWT (19)

Missed: DFaraday, Russtifinko

A 9 vs 7 between Bass vs. Golden wouldn't have excluded the chance to manipulate the situation, so it's fairly surprising that there's none to notice. Maybe the manipulators were among those ok with Bass being lynched.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

^@BR- I know that's at least missing MP's vote for Bass which was before mine.
reywaS wrote:
nutella wrote:Well I'm not particularly disappointed to lose the Magnetarch, was a dangerous role anyway. And I'm rather indifferent that he was unrecruited. Honestly I'd call this a relatively successful day 2 given the circumstances. It will be hard to find the actual baddies.

Think I'll go for Position 3.
I disagree with this 100%. Unrecruited is unrecruited IMO. I think a lot of roles are dangerous to the civvie cause IF they are recruited to the baddie teams, but they are equally non dangerous to the civvie cause if they get recruited to the civvie team. This sounds like a cop out for being wrong about someone.
To me it looks like the Magnetarch's abilities have somewhat of a random factor and would be a threat regardless of his alignment.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted Position 4 because it sounds fun.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Whoops hit submit before I finished replying, one sec
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Aapje I have only played one game with him in the past on RM he isnt as funny as I remember. :D
Well you can stay dead for all I care :fist:
DharmaHelper wrote:A Recruitment Mafia contest? Guaranteed Dutch victory.
Helps to be online at the time though :p

As for Bass, not really the best nor the worst possible outcome :shrug:

Also I can't draw for shit:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted Position 4 because it sounds fun.
:suspish:
Canucklehead wrote:
This is amazing oh my god the cheese = fangs :haha:

Rico's finding on TH's vote behavior is interesting and I'm not sure how I feel about TH's response. I can sympathize with last-minute uncertain voting during the first couple days though. Easy bandwagon to jump on, but I could see myself doing the same in that situation just as a clueless unrecruited or civ.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MM, I'm guessing you've been waiting for this kind of reaction to your behavior, but I legitimately do not like it. Really, you keep making questionable choices just for shits and giggles. I know you like to be zany but you have formed a pattern in this game of particularly disagreeable actions. It's like you're not even reading the thread or paying attention to what others have to say, you just zip through every now and then and say something totally out of touch. Especially the vote for TH/support of the Speaker's message. It seems like you're doing this on purpose, the old strategy of behaving oddly to try and garner reactions and see who jumps on you, but honestly I'll bite. I think, if that is indeed your intention, you are taking it to too much of an extreme to the point that you come across as apathetic to the game and actively being counterproductive. Even if you are just out for yourself, you should be at least somewhat wary of position 4, unless you are the poisoner.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

cheers, nutella. in fact, I had to make some other corrections, as well, fark

BASS THE CLEVER: 9 | MP (2), Nutella (3), Golden (4), Devin (6), Bullzeye (23), Spacedaisy (24), G-Man (26), JJJ (30), Turnip (32)
BASS THE CLEAVER: 1 | DrWilgy (29)
BIRDWITHTEETH: 3 | Unfurl (7), Roxy (8), LoRab (9)
DISGRUNTLEDPORCUPINE: 3 | aapje (14), DP (17), tranq (31)
G-MAN: 1 | Ricochet (16)
GOLDEN: 7 | Dom (5), Dharma (12), SVS (13), reywaS (18), Bass (21), Boomslang (27), TinyBubbles (28)
MOVING PICTURES: 1 | thellama (20)
SCOTTY: 1 | Scotty (22)
TIMMER: 1 | Timmer (10)
TINY BUBBLES: 3 | Canuck (11), Sorsha (15), bea (25)
TURNIP HEAD: 1 | MM (1)
UNFURL: 1 | BWT (19)

Missed: DFaraday, Russtifinko
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, let's bring out da dragon.

Although hopefully it won't be a

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

aapje wrote:
Also I can't draw for shit:
This is truly a disappointing effort, AppleMonkey, but shit! That hoagie looks goooooood! Tofu ban mi FUCK YEAH. :srsnod:

Also, my autocorrect keeps changing "shit" to "suit", which really reduces the expletive force of my vernacular. Yarrr.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Also, my autocorrect doesn't know suit about Vietnamese sandwiches. It's BANH MI, you bastard robot brain! Get your suit together!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Canucklehead wrote:Also, my autocorrect doesn't know suit about Vietnamese sandwiches. It's BANH MI, you bastard robot brain! Get your suit together!
See what I mean? :fist: Guck this noise.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Ohfortheloveofsweetbabyjesus. I can't even.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Holy gucking suit, Canuck :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

kek
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
I can't wait. Let's fight. :D
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Devin - I love the guy, but he's hardly posted any substantive content, and failed to deliver on questions I asked him from early in the game. What do folks think of him?
Yeah I'm sorry about this. I'm trying to go through and see if I missed anything I need to address before my friends and I head out for an afternoon full of activities. Please let me know what questions I missed or forgot to respond to. I am in way over my head in this game but I don't want to be replaced and I don't want it to be the reason that I skate by (hopefully people understand what I mean by this and don't put words in my mouth).

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Didn't get to record all votes live but I think this should be pretty accurate:

Day 1 short
Day 1 full
Day 2
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:

First it was Golden vs Epig.

Then came Golden vs. rey.

But we ain't seen nothing yet. :srsnod:

THIS WEEK

GET READY

AND GET HYPE

FOR THE MAFIA BOWL FOR THE AGES

THE SUPER SLAM OF THE CENTURY

(whilst everyone else just act like this guy)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I must admit I missed this in my skim, so I apologize for just getting to it now, JJJ:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am more suspicious of the MP voters than I am of the average random participant. This post by Scotty troubles me:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I have been quite clear in the fact that I vacationing at the beach until tiesday being relentless pestered by small children and trying to keep up on my phone. I'm sorry that I have been able to weigh in on every topic of discussion, but at least I am not missing votes. I am basing my votes on pings as I see them until I get back. If that makes me a liability, then don't recruit me to your team.
You're right. I'm sorry as well. I understand why you think I've overreacted because I have. I really don't want to get lynched on D2 over baseless reasons this game. Surely you can relate to being an easy lynch.

I'll move my vote.
Make sure you bold it!

linki- that goes for you too MM!

I think MP's frustrations are genuine, but I think they are coming different angles. Angry Birds shouldn't be an excuse here, and I actually don't see the passive-aggressiveness he's expressing via Rico and llama, but hey man, everybody's got something going on. It's just whooshing right over my head. Last time I saw MP this wound up was in Watchmen, and that was when he was taking a bit of heat before the vote. This, however, doesn't seem like heat for a vote, but for a myriad of personal semantic and personal reasons. He was frustrated civ in that game, but I don't know if I read that here.

Y'all ever tried crack cocaine? I was hanging out on the street yesterday with a buddy who had recently been dumped and this homeless man started talking with us about the miracles of crack. He invited us to his lair between buildings to try some, and my buddy felt like he had nothing better to do. So he joined in while I went to the pharmacy to get some mango spears. The line there had only 2 people but took like 10 minutes- no kidding!! :suspish: - and by the time I got back, my buddy had already left with a girl he had met at the bodega nearby, homeless man was nowhere to be seen. This morning he texted and said he had a crazy night, and it was the best decision of his life. Those mango spears were in so very ripe and in season and I DEVOURED them as well :workit: . All in all, a good night had by all!

Don't be afraid to try something new, MP. You do you. I know you are stressed out, and I get that feel. But you may want to check that at the door, since, to me anyway, it doesn't do your civ cred- in this game at least- any favors.
That first true paragraph is all over the place. Scotty reads MP's frustration as genuine (first highlight), but not as civilian genuine -- I view this distinction dubiously. That isn't because I don't think there can be a distinction, there can. It's because I don't follow the logic Scotty has laid out to arrive at that conclusion. He drew the comparison to frustration exhibited by MP in Watchmen (I did not follow this game closely), referencing the reasons MP was taking heat rather than MP's actual behavior. This means Scotty's interest lies in the accusations being leveled upon MP and not in MP's responses to them -- that's the wrong place to focus.
To be fair, logic sometimes makes more sense in my head than when I write it down. But actually, in this case, I felt I was pretty clear. I love that this is the tidbit you're caught up in. There can be a divide in genuine frustration- it's how he channels it that shines a light on his intention.

"Scotty's interest lies in the accusations being leveled upon MP and not in MP's responses to them -- that's the wrong place to focus."
Keep in mind, MP's responses up to that point had been few and far between in comparison to his usual Long Days Journey Into Night type posts.. And the ones that were there looked laboured and not necessarily substantive while he was in that mindset. There definitely seemed to be a difference in tone and backlash that, at the time, seemed to resonate with some sort of darker feel. In Watchmen, he was scrambling to contain his civ image (and an important civ role, no less) but it wasn't in forms of settling accusations. I dunno, I got uncomfortable with the entire situation. I felt bad for voting for someone that felt attacked and not enough time to respond, but I would only expect the same from others in regards to how I was handling myself early game.

Lack of time in a game like this is as desirable as a mustachio'd mail-order bride.

Looking back (and why he is not currently near the top of my sus list), I saw that he DID come back and respond to the accusations in a calmer manner later on. If he had continued to hold some grudges I don't know if I would have believed him to be just a frustrated civ.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
I'm a pacifist. But I know a guy down the street that is not.

Yo JJJ, what's your address? It's for a friend of mine.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
Well, I suppose you're right; I perhaps am not being understanding enough of the opposite perspective myself, but I'll still be very disappointed if Golden gets lynched and flips neutral (or, worse, civilian-aligned, but I would doubt that).
See what I dont understand is why people are cool with me flipping neutral. Can someone explain that to me?

yah I do not get this mindset either.
Its ok if Bass flips Neutral and his role is considered bad EVEN though he is Neutral.
Disappointing if Golden gets lynched as a Neutral - seems no matter the role.
Typhoony is NK'ed and determined to be a Sorcerer - before we knew Bass had the supposed bad role everyone was ok for Typh to come back even though there is a chance he is a Sorcerer killer or he could have been this bad role Bass turned out to be.

This is such a double standard and so clique-ish imo.

MovingPictures wrote:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<snip I've considered the fact that Golden seemed more intent on lynching you over me, but didn't seem to have too strong of an opinion on either of us, but it really has no effect on the fact that his posts read exactly the way he's been crafting them, all game.
What does this mean any chance you can rephrase this bc it does not make sense.
Crafting posts does not sound like a civ thing it sounds like a bad thing.

Catching up when In can I will be hit and miss I voted #2 earlier before work bc we skipped 2 and went straight to 5 and 5 is right out.
;)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

What troubles me most about JJJ is I think he has been the biggest baddie-hunter this game. He doesn't really have any flak, and has been climbing the rock wall of logic, so to speak. That's a very advantageous strategy that could help the civs and baddies tremendously. I know if I were Abzurgan I would pop a chain and collar around his neck and let him sniff some socks for scent for sure.

Let's start here though:

I do not believe for a second that JJJ is a recruiter. That would be poor planning on his part.

I do believe that JJJ is a VERY high candidate for being recruited or having been recruited already.

JJJ, do you feel like you would be a good candidate to be recruited? Why or why not?

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::ponder:

If Bass is somehow a recruited mafia, my bet's on Rox for his teammate.
Its cars mafia all over again. lol
What do you think of Rox?
This is where you start trying to pee on me and you do this like every game.

You suspect someone I do not I explain why you do not approve and start saying we teammates before a role or alignment has even been revealed. It has led to me being wrongly lynched by your lead many times.

Why did you immediately jump to - if Bass is bad I bet Rox is on his team?

How dumb would that be? You would never recruit Daisy the same way I would never recruit Bass. Yet you instantly throw this our there like a fact. Why would anyone want to recruit Bass in the first place?
He was not paying attention (which is obv by his posts)
He was barely posting
He was starting to get suspicion
yet you single him out like he would be this amazing recruit LOL you srsly believe that?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Tranq wrote:
Tranq wrote:Uh i got drunk and fell asleep... Why did DP, Scotty and timmer vote for themselves?
I'm voting for one of these three players.

I remember agreeing with some of timmer's posts so he won't get my vote. A quick look through their posts shows Scotty has been trying to play while DP has not.

*votes DisgruntledPorcupine*

Weak vote for reason imo with everything that was happening in the thread. Were you trying not to be associated with someone who was making a case? Or did you just not see Bass as bad?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:I do not get why it is ok to lynch someone you do not think is recruited bc he is a good choice for recruitment - huh? Obv not bc it has led to a likely lynch.

I have been questioned over my suspicion but to me this is really weak.

Keep dreaming MP I see now you are indeed looking for easy lynches.
I don't understand your first line. Can you reword? I don't understand who "he" is.

You've been questioned over your suspicion because it seems several players do not legitimately understand fully why you suspect BWT. Perhaps you should realize that's not because we have skipped your posts but because it's not entirely clear.

I am, yeah? Okay then. Think what you want.
I was obv talking about Bass and others reasons for voting him and something you also touched on.

I did not understand your suspicion but I did not immediately label you and Nutella as likely teammates. I explained my suspicion I am sorry if you "don't think its clear" - last time you claimed my posts were not clear was on Ksite and you were bad :nicenod:

Oh and BTW me and Bass were teammates as we both are Neutral. :P
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::ponder:

If Bass is somehow a recruited mafia, my bet's on Rox for his teammate.

I am leaving the thread before I pee all over MP
Bummer.
You are bummed bc I left the thread BEFORE I let you upset me in the game? Twisted! :|

got a meeting will do more in a bit
;)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Day 1 you were very questioning, and pretty forthcoming with your thoughts on people.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bold assertion:

The original recruiters have not pushed distinct agendas in this thread, at least not yet. They've done everything in their power to keep their names out of everyone else's posts.
I actually agree with this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've just had an absolutely miserable evening, and my ability to put any focus on a mafia game is decimated. I'll request replacement if I've not recovered by tomorrow. Sorry everyone.
Man, looks like we had very similar days. Glad we both stayed in.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
unfurl wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
unfurl wrote: BWT, got a lot votes, maybe is worth lo look at him or his voters, some manipulation may be going on in that situation :eye: something I may look into later on
I agree re-reading the BWT voters might be a traditional way to spot some potential bandwagoning, but what manipulation do you plan to unearth, considering the Day officially ended before BWT received 7 out of his 8 total votes?
Mearly that Im curious as to he received 8 votes (looking at the image poll) from Devin-Lorab-TurnipHead-jaggedjimmy -DrWiggly-Golden-Typh-Tranq
More toward the end of the lynch poll
And even if the day ended early, and we have no clue to bwt alliance, I think is intersting to see if people still feel the same about him or if something changed?
I voted for BWT for two primary reasons:

1.) I thought he'd make a better lynch than DFaraday, who was leading the tally.

2.) He had the highest quantity of posts that pinged me in some way.

#2 can be tempered some by the fact that BWT simply has a decent number of posts and thus more opportunities to be perceived as suspicious. This also seems to be happening to MP and Golden as far as I can tell. Right now I find BWT a little less suspicious than I did on Day 1. I admire his tenacity; he's been a consistent and important presence since surviving the lynch -- and not to such a degree that there should be concern of overcompensation.
You are forgetting that BWT had no votes in the abbreviated lynch so he was a non-factor after all. What about BWT's presence do you like? What does tenacity mean in this context?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Scotty - His content is not very much like what I saw in Broadway and I've already referenced one post which pinged me a lot.
What kind of content did you see? Less? Because I'll give you that much. How am I different now? How is my driving? Call 1-800-4-SCOTTY

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Ricochet wrote: First it was Golden vs Epig.

THIS WEEK

GET READY

AND GET HYPE

I get to be on SummerSlam and hit Cena with a chair? It's been my lifelong dream ever since Sunday night!
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:

THIS WEEK

GET READY

AND GET HYPE

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

aapje wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:

THIS WEEK

GET READY

AND GET HYPE

I'm watching you...

Return to “Previous Jobs”