[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 12] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Whoa I just noticed the poll ends an hour earlier than I thought it did. We have 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't like that Jay offered me as the only lynch option today.
I definitely did not do this.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

I still think 'more words' is an overstatement. I feel like I have to pry reads/interaction outside of self defence out of him forcibly. There's just a complete reluctance to risk anything.

==

I agree with frustration being common for both alignments, which is why I pointed out that angry mm isn't necessarily scum mm. I won't level-of-frustration to measure earnestness.

I think the rating system is the biggest example of the disingenuousnessnessity you're talking about. It doesn't help him convey his innocence at all, and only seeks to damn you. It's more understandable when you consider he thinks you're anti town, though; if a townie thinks an attack coming at him is scummy, it's hard to resist discrediting the author whilst defending yourself. And he's had you down as bad for a while, right?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:I think the rating system is the biggest example of the disingenuousnessnessity you're talking about. It doesn't help him convey his innocence at all, and only seeks to damn you. It's more understandable when you consider he thinks you're anti town, though; if a townie thinks an attack coming at him is scummy, it's hard to resist discrediting the author whilst defending yourself. And he's had you down as bad for a while, right?
That's the issue. He called me "supatown" last phase after the Bullzeye flip and has never suggested I'm the SK. He seems to think I am town as far as I can tell.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Whoa I just noticed the poll ends an hour earlier than I thought it did. We have 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Let's avoid those tally shenanigans you hate so much. Vote.

Bads: MM, Rico, Wilgy. SK is amongst them. If there was some kind of firearm pushed up against my head I'd say Rico. Performance before last day phases's tally would be why. Still need to think about the SK placement, though.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:I think the rating system is the biggest example of the disingenuousnessnessity you're talking about. It doesn't help him convey his innocence at all, and only seeks to damn you. It's more understandable when you consider he thinks you're anti town, though; if a townie thinks an attack coming at him is scummy, it's hard to resist discrediting the author whilst defending yourself. And he's had you down as bad for a while, right?
That's the issue. He called me "supatown" last phase after the Bullzeye flip and has never suggested I'm the SK. He seems to think I am town as far as I can tell.
Pfft. what's the context for 'supatown'?

Easy way to find out pink, though.

MM, is Jay town?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Hi hi hi hi hi

Marsh, are you a girl?

I'mma read back through toDay's posts, but overall, dragging myself through the end of Hateday and through this EoD will be pretty much the same.
Don't make me pep talk you again, if you start slacking it's going to make me tinfoil. :scared:
I'm not slacking, I'm broken by a work's day. I've never had it easy when Mondays and Thursdays were EoDs and this time is no different.

Plus you have reads from me from the Night before this, you have me saying which way I'm leaning, I'm just going to survey the new posts to see if anything changes or shifts my thoughts further.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

You ain't exempt from GTHs, J.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:You ain't exempt from GTHs, J.
Sure.

MM - mafia
DrWilgy - mafia (if two remain)

SK - you

town otherwise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I do think MM's proposed Diiny/motel room couplet as SK candidates has merit if it isn't him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

METALMARSH89

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Here's my observation which bears with it a bad feel.

For a while, Dr Wilgy has been pushing J without ever voting for him iirc.
For a while, J has been pushing Wilgy without ever voting for him iirc.

Do irc?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Here's my observation which bears with it a bad feel.

For a while, Dr Wilgy has been pushing J without ever voting for him iirc.
For a while, J has been pushing Wilgy without ever voting for him iirc.

Do irc?
I had my vote on Doc for 75% of Day 11 before deciding to switch it to confirmed mafioso Bullzeye -- indeed my switch caused an exodus from Doc to Bullzeye.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

that was a pretty fickle vote change too, considering how enthusiastic you were about wilgy (you even used :omg: !)

How much worse do you feel about MM than the doc?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:that was a pretty fickle vote change too, considering how enthusiastic you were about wilgy (you even used :omg: !)

How much worse do you feel about MM than the doc?
I think the evidence is more substantive for MM.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Help ease my fears, J.

Can I confirm when you first vocally included MM in your suspects?

What's lacking from Wilgy's case?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Help ease my fears, J.

Can I confirm when you first vocally included MM in your suspects?

What's lacking from Wilgy's case?
I don't remember, I think I GTH'd him bad on Day 7. It is true that I didn't push against MM in any significant way until Day 12. New evidence is relevant at all stages of the game.

Wilgy is still a suspect. His defenses have seemed uninspired and it has taken him too long to give us anything. It isn't "lacking" on its own, but it might be less substantive than MM's case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Of course, but I'm scared you're just finding new players to switch your vote from that isn't wilgy whilst maintaining / pushing the idea that wilgy is bad. Just like he's been doing to you.

Wilgy's case isn't just being uninspired and avoiding interaction, it's a reliance on neutral, data based posting, some really fishy votes on scum and some really wishy washy stances. Sell me the MM case.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: [DAY 11] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:Wilgy, did you ever explain why you voted bully despite J being the scummiest of your reads?
There was a chance that I was going to be lynched, plus we don't know if drugs are still in play, I wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

I should explain my thoughts on Bullz being an OK lynch, vs the no preference I had previous. He had gone from a state of playing the game to a state of wall flowering and openly admitting he was not catching up. I think Fuzz touched up on this earlier, but had Bullzeye been a civ and given up, there was a good chance we would've lost the game. So the mentality was to get rid of the flower before we were at a LYLO situation, making him an alright Lynch candidate.

If you think I'm just parroting what Fuzz had to say, you can look at the GTH results from back when Roxy, BR, Splints, and Floyd were alive. I marked them all as bad, due to the need to pluck them before the situation was dangerous. I think I had the same opinion of Floyd when his lynch came around, pursue those that I think are bad, lynching a wallflower is alright though.

I'm unsure if Fuzz was town anymore, I'm second guessing it due to his calling of JJJ SK being false, and need to relook him.

My GTH read of Russ and MM come from their claiming of Epi as the SK... They all agreed on epi, even though I'm pretty sure Mac was the only one who had any idea of telling. I need to go back through and read them both. Now... back to the wall of posts I need to sort back through... Maybe after I read up on the current MM cases.

lini: did someone call the Doctor? I'm trying! I promise!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Of course, but I'm scared you're just finding new players to switch your vote from that isn't wilgy whilst maintaining / pushing the idea that wilgy is bad. Just like he's been doing to you.

Wilgy's case isn't just being uninspired and avoiding interaction, it's a reliance on neutral, data based posting, some really fishy votes on scum and some really wishy washy stances. Sell me the MM case.
Meh. Wilgy wasn't a consensus suspect until I put up the big :omg: case on him. He's in danger of being lynched in large part because of that. I don't mean to absorb all the credit of course, I'm just saying that I played a big role in his current lynch candidacy. I'm not opposing his lynch either.

We all have our guts and they speak to us however they may. Wilgy's most recent behavior is... weird -- hard to reconcile with any alignment. I don't know what influence it should have on my read. If people would prefer to lynch him over MM I don't see myself opposing that at the last minute. Please do understand though that my suspicion against MM isn't some diversionary crap. I specifically chose to build two huge cases against him as a mafioso AND as a serial killer for a reason.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I think Fuzz touched up on this earlier, but had Bullzeye been a civ and given up, there was a good chance we would've lost the game. So the mentality was to get rid of the flower before we were at a LYLO situation, making him an alright Lynch candidate.
This doesn't make sense. I said it then to fuzz and I'll say it now. Lynching someone who would lose you the game if he were town DOES NOT MEAN LYNCHING HIM IF HE'S TOWN FIXES ANYTHING. Excuse my caps :D

You're basing a lot of your reads over something pretty trivial: SK placement. Townies are BOUND to be wrong about something so specific. Especially as relatively early into the game as epi's death. What about their accusations of epi struck you as bad rather than just townies making a mistake as townies are bound to do on such a tricky subject?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

It would be unwise to not cast a vote in this poll. :feb:

About 1 and 1/2 hours remain in Day 12.
Ricochet

Re: [DAY 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

motel room wrote:First up, "MacBaddie" is either a hamburger themed children's character who pushes kids off swings or some douche from Grey's Anatomy.

I'm not splitting this post, I hate that sorry. I'm gonna work backwards through this because its huge. And I think all I can really do in response is to try and explain what my mindset on each of these players were.

Bullzeye - probably started as a borrowed read at some point but definitely soldified over the days as his behaviour became cagey and defensive, and his participation and heart level dropped. I was kinda confident Choutas wasn't scum so voted Bullzeye over him, and when Bullzeye kept up his non-interest I grew in confidence.

[like an hour later lol]
Actually sorry, there's stuff all over the place. Can you distill it to a few key issues? I'm getting swamped at work and need to focus. I hate asking people to do more legwork so I can come back to this later but yeah.
MacBaddie is how I'm calling him until I finally see a civ play from him, in a future game. :p

Re: your last paragraph, I don't get this, in general (i.e. when I'm faced up with this scale-it-down rebuttal). My last read on you is basically two paragraphs, how much more do you want me to "distill" it? Two paragraphs, not, say, a point-by-point input that JJJ usually does. Make that four paragraphs, if you include my previous "motel vs a baddie or several" reads - ok, I may have gone overboard with my third read. :goofp:

The read, in my texts, is literally the "it boils down to" part.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

motel room

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:Of course, but I'm scared you're just finding new players to switch your vote from that isn't wilgy whilst maintaining / pushing the idea that wilgy is bad. Just like he's been doing to you.

Meh. Wilgy wasn't a consensus suspect until I put up the big :omg: case on him. He's in danger of being lynched in large part because of that. I don't mean to absorb all the credit of course, I'm just saying that I played a big role in his current lynch candidacy. I'm not opposing his lynch either.

We all have our guts and they speak to us however they may. Wilgy's most recent behavior is... weird -- hard to reconcile with any alignment. I don't know what influence it should have on my read. If people would prefer to lynch him over MM I don't see myself opposing that at the last minute. Please do understand though that my suspicion against MM isn't some diversionary crap. I specifically chose to build two huge cases against him as a mafioso AND as a serial killer for a reason.
Yes, you played a large role in The Besmirching of the Name of Wilgy just as he's attempted to play a large role in The Downfall of Jay: 3. And yet, you've never voted for him, or him for you.

Even with that last paragraph it sounds like you're backing away from him. He was your TOP SUSPECT and he's only gotten, as you've said, more suspicious since then. But then the MM case(s) happen(s). I wouldn't call it diversionary; I'd call it a replacement. You're keeping Wilgy in your bad list but plopping your vote on MM. What's annoying me is that it/they is/are a good case(s).

Can you divine what I'm scared of, J?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Re: [DAY 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

Ricochet wrote:
motel room wrote:First up, "MacBaddie" is either a hamburger themed children's character who pushes kids off swings or some douche from Grey's Anatomy.

I'm not splitting this post, I hate that sorry. I'm gonna work backwards through this because its huge. And I think all I can really do in response is to try and explain what my mindset on each of these players were.

Bullzeye - probably started as a borrowed read at some point but definitely soldified over the days as his behaviour became cagey and defensive, and his participation and heart level dropped. I was kinda confident Choutas wasn't scum so voted Bullzeye over him, and when Bullzeye kept up his non-interest I grew in confidence.

[like an hour later lol]
Actually sorry, there's stuff all over the place. Can you distill it to a few key issues? I'm getting swamped at work and need to focus. I hate asking people to do more legwork so I can come back to this later but yeah.
MacBaddie is how I'm calling him until I finally see a civ play from him, in a future game. :p

Re: your last paragraph, I don't get this, in general (i.e. when I'm faced up with this scale-it-down rebuttal). My last read on you is basically two paragraphs, how much more do you want me to "distill" it? Two paragraphs, not, say, a point-by-point input that JJJ usually does. Make that four paragraphs, if you include my previous "motel vs a baddie or several" reads - ok, I may have gone overboard with my third read. :goofp:

The read, in my texts, is literally the "it boils down to" part.
Ah ok, let me go back. I was pushed for time at work and it all looked like a bunch of stufffff.
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MetalMarsh89 wrote:My vote will likely go to Wilgy because I know I don' want to be lynched.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:motel room
Consecutive posts, too.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:motel room
You suspect me?

Not Wilgy?

Cos this isn't you necessarily saving yourself, despite your cranked-up defensiveness you only have one vote atm.
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I think Fuzz touched up on this earlier, but had Bullzeye been a civ and given up, there was a good chance we would've lost the game. So the mentality was to get rid of the flower before we were at a LYLO situation, making him an alright Lynch candidate.
This doesn't make sense. I said it then to fuzz and I'll say it now. Lynching someone who would lose you the game if he were town DOES NOT MEAN LYNCHING HIM IF HE'S TOWN FIXES ANYTHING. Excuse my caps :D

You're basing a lot of your reads over something pretty trivial: SK placement. Townies are BOUND to be wrong about something so specific. Especially as relatively early into the game as epi's death. What about their accusations of epi struck you as bad rather than just townies making a mistake as townies are bound to do on such a tricky subject?
How does it not make sense?

A non playing town at lylo increases your chances of losing IMMENSELY. If there's a chance to get rid of the player before that, it is absolutely necessary to do it. It's a civ's responsibility to not get mislynched yes? A wall flower won't accept or properly carry out that responsibility.

I don't think it's trivial. I had thought there was a good chance that some players would know who the SK is, and asked those players. Other players agreed with the confirmed baddie who turned out to be lying. It's solely because they agreed with Mac. I pointed this out with Russ as soon as he did it, but decided not to follow it up because "townies making a mistake as townies" but Russ is still alive, along with MM. Both of which stated that Epi had a good chance to be SK. Do I think they are all baddies together? not really, I can't see a team of 3 baddies all stating that one person is the SK. Could one of those teammates agree with Mac? Honestly I would say most likely.

Oh geez, time is so short... If we lose because of Mac setting me up, and time not being on my side, I think my salt will overflow. Based on my actions alone, would you Lynch me Diiny? Motel Room? JJJ has stated that most of everything comes from a confirmed baddie interacting with me. If I really were a baddie, would I have lynched Mac vs You that day? If I were bad, I would've just needed to move my vote off of Mac, hell I could've voted Bcornett again and you would've died, Mac would've been alive.

To those who are here, would you rather me try to scumhunt? or go through the wall of text and try to defend myself and answer those questions? I don't have time for both, I probably don't have time for 1 of the 2 to be completed.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Ok, trying to keep this brief because I am dead tired.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:False.

Night 5: Nobody was removed from the poll on Day 6, so nobody could have been roleblocked. One of his powers wouldn't have gone through without the other one.

Night 7: Choutas was removed from the poll Day 8, meaning that somebody from the Syndicate was roleblocked. Remember that I am from RYM in this game.

Those were the two nights that Life during Wartime attempted and failed to perform a nightkill. The Night 7 one is more relevant because Strawhenge made his comment on Day 8, and Psycho Killer made a kill attempt that night (that also failed).

My point is that Strawhenge could not have targeted me on Night 7, as his roleblock would have had to gone to a Syndicate member.
So based on this, if we have any idea at all when Choutas might have flipped, then we can figure out whether the SK is Syndicate or RYM, right? And if we do that and cross-reference it with who didn't post on N5, we might be able to narrow down the SK to a very very few players? I would do it myself, but I am unable to figure out whether the above means the SK would be Synd or RYM. I'd be grateful to wiser people who were able to get on it.

I honestly think this might be the most important issue today. I think getting baddies > getting the SK under normal circumstances, but the reality at this point is that this guy could potentially kill twice tonight, and getting him now could save us from that.
There was only one roleblocker though, and two kills survived. So it is more likely that one player was protected (by his own power or another).

Also, Post #8,000 ftw.
Wait, which Night are we talking here? Because on N7, a single player (the same one) survived a kill coming from two directions. I'm confused by this, in context of the discussion being about Night 7 and reading into Strawhenge's possible River moves.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Yes, you played a large role in The Besmirching of the Name of Wilgy just as he's attempted to play a large role in The Downfall of Jay: 3. And yet, you've never voted for him, or him for you.

Even with that last paragraph it sounds like you're backing away from him. He was your TOP SUSPECT and he's only gotten, as you've said, more suspicious since then. But then the MM case(s) happen(s). I wouldn't call it diversionary; I'd call it a replacement. You're keeping Wilgy in your bad list but plopping your vote on MM. What's annoying me is that it/they is/are a good case(s).

Have I ever been one to stay steadfast on one player I suspect until he or she is dead? I reassess everything at all times and that means my votes and my reads are nearly never static. What if I were to tell you that by process of elimination I think Doc and MM both look significantly worse than everyone else in the field? I still have to make a choice between those two because we can only lynch one player.

If you're town then you're tinfoiling me though you might not admit that. You see the capacity for Doc and I to be team mates, and I am maintaining the suspicion on him for the sake of distance while also preventing his demise with replacement votes.

Here's the problem: yesterday's "replacement vote" was for a confirmed mafioso. Today's "replacement vote" comes courtesy of brand new evidence that was not in this thread or in my brain during Day 11.

Why do you think I went to all this trouble this phase to case MM as both evil alignments?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, you really suck at counting (more than I do), considering you're about to reach 9K, not 8. :p
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*completed 100%
Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 11] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

DrWilgy wrote:If you think I'm just parroting what Fuzz had to say, you can look at the GTH results from back when Roxy, BR, Splints, and Floyd were alive. I marked them all as bad, due to the need to pluck them before the situation was dangerous.
I don't understand this part. How did marking them bad mean "plucking" them? Also, that was ages ago Versus what just happened last day period.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Wait, which Night are we talking here? Because on N7, a single player (the same one) survived a kill coming from two directions. I'm confused by this, in context of the discussion being about Night 7 and reading into Strawhenge's possible River moves.
I don't think Strawhenge's role, whatever it was, or anything else may have done behind the scenes had anything to do with the failed kills of Night 7. I do think that Strawhenge strongly believed he caused one of the failed attempts though, and that MM was the player implicated in his mind.

I rather regret mentioning Strawhenge at all when I mounted my cases, because now way too many people are wasting time talking about him when my cases were meant to be new content against MM.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

It's for reference, back then I GTH'd wallflowers as bad. I will normally always do this, because I do think Wallflowers need to be taken care of or "plucked" before they are a danger. I was comparing them to my views on Bullzeye for those who were questioning my vote.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:To those who are here, would you rather me try to scumhunt? or go through the wall of text and try to defend myself and answer those questions? I don't have time for both, I probably don't have time for 1 of the 2 to be completed.
scumhunt. The time for defense is well over.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Maybe it's my tiredness to blame, but I don't think I understand a thing of what Wilgy is projecting here. Now this is the kind of post I'd like to see, perhaps, distilled down to a few ideas of what to really look at and interpret / take into consideration.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Self pres vote on Motel Room

working on it JJJ
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Everyone not named Diiny since he already talked about it:

How do you feel MM responded to the pressure I put on him this phase? I need stances immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually, Motel, if you pres vote MM, I will join you. I'd rather lynch him than you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Maybe it's my tiredness to blame, but I don't think I understand a thing of what Wilgy is projecting here. Now this is the kind of post I'd like to see, perhaps, distilled down to a few ideas of what to really look at and interpret / take into consideration.
I kind of did that I guess.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Time is short but plenty of time to have this dialogue, wilgy

Lynching a townie has the same effect on win conditions whether they're playing or not. I can totally understand people thinking he was scum; thinking it was somehow okay to mislynch him is a different story and is what you're pushing and what fuzz was pushing, and I don't buy it. When a player stops playing, they don't die. There's still a townie the scum have to kill.

Why did/do you think there was a good chance that people would have somehow known who the sk was? It's getting pretty late and there's differing opinions all around.

My case on you is based on you. The spew reviews are helpful, but more of dressing on the Wilgy salad. As for your penultimate paragraph's wifom, I'm not sold.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Two of my suspects voted my third suspect, one of them without ever having had intentions to vote said third suspect literally a post before.

Hrm... :suspish:
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

DrWilgy wrote:Self pres vote on Motel Room

working on it JJJ
I'll switch to metalmarsh G L A D L Y if you follow your self pres vote?

In fact I might just do it anyway and spread the cheeks on these votes - metalmarsh

linki - just saw your post, ok
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh wait, I didn't noticed Wilgy switching to MM.

Hrm nevertheless.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Have I ever been one to stay steadfast on one player I suspect until he or she is dead? I reassess everything at all times and that means my votes and my reads are nearly never static. What if I were to tell you that by process of elimination I think Doc and MM both look significantly worse than everyone else in the field? I still have to make a choice between those two because we can only lynch one player.

If you're town then you're tinfoiling me though you might not admit that. You see the capacity for Doc and I to be team mates, and I am maintaining the suspicion on him for the sake of distance while also preventing his demise with replacement votes.

Here's the problem: yesterday's "replacement vote" was for a confirmed mafioso. Today's "replacement vote" comes courtesy of brand new evidence that was not in this thread or in my brain during Day 11.

Why do you think I went to all this trouble this phase to case MM as both evil alignments?
I am not calling you teammates in the traditional sense. I do not suspect you are mafia. I admit wholeheartedly to tinfoiling the jjj wilgy relationship, but there's no harm airing my suspicions if they're incorrect, right?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

How does it not make sense?

A non playing town at lylo increases your chances of losing IMMENSELY. If there's a chance to get rid of the player before that, it is absolutely necessary to do it. It's a civ's responsibility to not get mislynched yes? A wall flower won't accept or properly carry out that responsibility.

I don't think it's trivial. I had thought there was a good chance that some players would know who the SK is, and asked those players. Other players agreed with the confirmed baddie who turned out to be lying. It's solely because they agreed with Mac. I pointed this out with Russ as soon as he did it, but decided not to follow it up because "townies making a mistake as townies" but Russ is still alive, along with MM. Both of which stated that Epi had a good chance to be SK. Do I think they are all baddies together? not really, I can't see a team of 3 baddies all stating that one person is the SK. Could one of those teammates agree with Mac? Honestly I would say most likely.

Oh geez, time is so short... If we lose because of Mac setting me up, and time not being on my side, I think my salt will overflow. Based on my actions alone, would you Lynch me Diiny? Motel Room? JJJ has stated that most of everything comes from a confirmed baddie interacting with me. If I really were a baddie, would I have lynched Mac vs You that day? If I were bad, I would've just needed to move my vote off of Mac, hell I could've voted Bcornett again and you would've died, Mac would've been alive.

To those who are here, would you rather me try to scumhunt? or go through the wall of text and try to defend myself and answer those questions? I don't have time for both, I probably don't have time for 1 of the 2 to be completed.
Yellow: I understand what you're saying here Doc.

Orange: Here's the emotion, folks. Diiny called it WIFOM perhaps validly. Bullzeye got emotional in the end and flipped mafia. Like I said though -- not everyone is this way. Doc's emotion is stemming from frustration about being cased heavily based upon the contributions of other people (Mac, specifically in my case).

My preference for a lynch of MM over Doc is stronger than it was before this post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Everyone not named Diiny since he already talked about it:

How do you feel MM responded to the pressure I put on him this phase? I need stances immediately.
He was defensive and standoffish. He eventually gave responses to the cases after trying to discredit the entire approach first but they were weird and the "rating" part was gimmicky which always stinks to me.
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Now I'm alone on wilgy. I'm probably going to secure MM over motel. Last chance to hop aboard the wilgy train. Choo choo.

linki:

wen ur tryin 2 post but a new post keeps cumin up when u hit submit

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”