80%

Total votes: 20
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: Night 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Also, I note that zebra's death makes it very likely there are multiple baddie teams. Not quite confirmed, given role secrets, but probable.

@Mac - rico already answered which ones he was genuine about. He didn't say zebra then :p I'm on to you rico :haha: :haha:
Multiple teams or SK, I'd say.

I should have kept zebra in the mix for god-like magician cred right now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:I still think HBoys attitude towards Rico deserves a bit of scrutiny today.

Rico's behaviour was notably bizarre, and now we know it was completely intentional. I'm not sure how HB got to the point of it 'not being so bad'... and I wonder if he was trying to get some cred for rico not coming back bad.

Also, I note that zebra's death makes it very likely there are multiple baddie teams. Not quite confirmed, given role secrets, but probable.

@Mac - rico already answered which ones he was genuine about. He didn't say zebra then :p I'm on to you rico :haha: :haha:
Boomslang also.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

If SK, I think we'd have seen two deaths in the original post. I don't think DF's death was the mafia kill. I mean, I guess the mafia kill could also have been blocked. There are explanations. But Occam's Razor, for now...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:No wonder Zebra was having the most fun observing my emoji frustration. :P

Should be some great opportunities for finding her team mates. She was highly vocal.
JaggedJimmyJay

I found one such instance. I don't know if this is enough to say that she was having the most fun with your emoji frustration.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Nice dead eye, rico.

@JJ - I think it is worth you translating any of your emoji posts that a) people didn't figure out and b) you think are of value.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

If SK, I think we'd have seen two deaths in the original post. I don't think DF's death was the mafia kill. I mean, I guess the mafia kill could also have been blocked. There are explanations. But Occam's Razor, for now...
If SK, maybe something happened to the mafia kill. BTW, who can the "paper airplane fella" be - or is it flavor?

DF's death reads third party to me. If it was a civ vigi instead, what the hell was up with that choice?

linki: Custom made.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Anyone play a game where paper rock scissors was relevant? It's not ringing bells with me.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 201

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Right now I'm reading zebra's post history on the assumption that she wasn't expecting to be the first nightkill victim, i.e. that there isn't going to be too much intentional misdirection to begin with. After Rico (town), it looks like she also suspected and/or argued with me (towniest town that ever towned), RadicalFuzz (a pretty strong town read for me), and Mac (kinda neutral but rereading at least some of his posts, I have to admit that he's less chaotic this game and a gth town read for now). Her list of six was kind of random and as someone pointed out, some of the names on it were people she had barely/hadn't at all mentioned, like sig.

The conspiracy side of me also makes me want to put Jimmy into the longer-wavelength side of the color spectrum. If you're going to curse a teammate to make them look like a victim, it makes sense to do it early, and that Jimmy was able to give his own conspiracy candidate to blame gave it additional power. I don't really buy that llama was so threatened as to silence Jimmy.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

AAAAAHHHHH WHOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEY
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:I still think HBoys attitude towards Rico deserves a bit of scrutiny today.

Rico's behaviour was notably bizarre, and now we know it was completely intentional. I'm not sure how HB got to the point of it 'not being so bad'... and I wonder if he was trying to get some cred for rico not coming back bad.
I don't see it as bad at all. Ricochet got Zebra, confirmed scum, to generate a ton of posts to sift through. This is why I appreciate all content and arguments, even if I disagree with them.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

Ricochet wrote:why didn't zebra emojify me? nub nub nub nub nub nub

Sorsha is pretty present right now. Thoughts? :ponder:

@juliets: I did. Now where does that leave you? :feb:
Are you asking about thoughts from me or others thoughts on me?

If it's the first... :shrug: I'm still in superfluous mode and I'm about to go out and guzzle some margaritas right now. If I don't pass out perhaps I'll be back for some drunk posting later. :beer: note to MP: we need a margarita guzzling emoji
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thoughts on you posting a lot around the time of these deaths, actually. ;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:The conspiracy side of me also makes me want to put Jimmy into the longer-wavelength side of the color spectrum. If you're going to curse a teammate to make them look like a victim, it makes sense to do it early, and that Jimmy was able to give his own conspiracy candidate to blame gave it additional power. I don't really buy that llama was so threatened as to silence Jimmy.
This is believable. I wouldn't put a vote there without other evidence, but it is something that I can see as possible, especially given it gives 'apathetic' Jimmy the ability to post less without really taking any heat for it.

Btw - do you understand why Jimmy is calling you superman?
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:The conspiracy side of me also makes me want to put Jimmy into the longer-wavelength side of the color spectrum. If you're going to curse a teammate to make them look like a victim, it makes sense to do it early, and that Jimmy was able to give his own conspiracy candidate to blame gave it additional power. I don't really buy that llama was so threatened as to silence Jimmy.
This is believable. I wouldn't put a vote there without other evidence, but it is something that I can see as possible, especially given it gives 'apathetic' Jimmy the ability to post less without really taking any heat for it.

Btw - do you understand why Jimmy is calling you superman?
I think so, and that he did actually put him on the townier side for me day 1. Not because he seemingly gave me a good read, buddying makes me paranoid, but Jimmy is usually a big advocate of generating lots of content and testing the waters day 1. Had he indicated somehow that he thought Ricochet was scum, or that I was scum for defending him, I would read that as not the town Jimmy I know.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:AAAAAHHHHH WHOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEY
Now I feel bad for voting you.

Actually no I don't. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:

I don't see it as bad at all. Ricochet got Zebra, confirmed scum, to generate a ton of posts to sift through. This is why I appreciate all content and arguments, even if I disagree with them.
This is an unusual defense. It doesn't feel authentic.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:

That's because it conflates zebra being a confirmed scum with the idea that it relates to the 'content' created by rico, even though that content is void of meaning and has nothing to do with why zebra died.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Ricochet wrote:Thoughts on you posting a lot around the time of these deaths, actually. ;)
I post when I have time to post. "These deaths?" Do you just mean DF? Or are you accusing me of killing zebra the baddie?
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

MacDougall wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:

How do you expect me to defend against the accusation that I sided with Rico because I was scum and "knew" he was town? Especially since now there's apparently a Recruitment mafia thing going on which would hint multiple teams for me. Do you disagree with my point, and if so why? What is inauthentic about it? Zebra would probably have half the posts she ended up having were it not for Rico's "bad"/"no-possible-civ-mindset" posting.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:That's because it conflates zebra being a confirmed scum with the idea that it relates to the 'content' created by rico, even though that content is void of meaning and has nothing to do with why zebra died.
Yeah, I definitely disagree that the content had no meaning. What if the argument between Zebra and Rico is part of what caused Zebra to be nightkilled, for example?

Do you know why Zebra died btw? :eye:
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Re: Day 2~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Placing a preliminary vote on JaggedJimmyJay for my conspiracy idea before, and because I don't like hitting 'View results' all the time.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorsha wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Thoughts on you posting a lot around the time of these deaths, actually. ;)
I post when I have time to post. "These deaths?" Do you just mean DF? Or are you accusing me of killing zebra the baddie?
I haven't made any such official accusations. I asked others for input. I don't remember you being this active before.

And yes, "these deaths". Two players died. Zebra "the baddie"'s death leaves plenty room for speculation about a second mafia team or third party killers.

What are you rebutting against me for, anyway? I'm dead. :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Placing a preliminary vote on JaggedJimmyJay for my conspiracy idea before, and because I don't like hitting 'View results' all the time.
Placeholding is frowned upon and what goddamn results do you have to view within an hour of D2 commencing? :mafia:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Ricochet wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
I haven't made any such official accusations. I asked others for input. I don't remember you being this active before.

And yes, "these deaths". Two players died. Zebra "the baddie"'s death leaves plenty room for speculation about a second mafia team or third party killers.

What are you rebutting against me for, anyway? I'm dead. :feb:
I'm not rebutting I'm just trying to make sure I know what you're getting at :p

Would you rather have me go back to not posting?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Voting for HamburgerBoy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Golden wrote:That's because it conflates zebra being a confirmed scum with the idea that it relates to the 'content' created by rico, even though that content is void of meaning and has nothing to do with why zebra died.
Yeah, I definitely disagree that the content had no meaning. What if the argument between Zebra and Rico is part of what caused Zebra to be nightkilled, for example?

Do you know why Zebra died btw? :eye:
On what basis would it be what caused him to be nightkilled? It had NO MEANING. It literally was utterly pointless. What thing in there could have been the thing that got zebra killed? Unless people were just annoyed with the noise, and if so this still doesn't give the content meaning.

I don't know why zebra died, although I do have a theory that it was because he described himself as unkillable.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Especially since now there's apparently a Recruitment mafia thing going on which would hint multiple teams for me.
Adding onto this point, I'll say that if there are multiple teams and if the teams know there are multiple teams (they'd have to right? based on team size), that should invigorate them to push that Ricochet bandwagon, being that they legitimately viewed his posts as suspicious and wanted those sweet townie points before people knew with certainty that there were multiple teams.

Also, maybe worth noting that Zebra actually waffled on the Ricochet vote towards the end. So did Black Rock iirc. I need to get a rainbow started.
Ricochet wrote:Placeholding is frowned upon and what goddamn results do you have to view within an hour of D2 commencing? :mafia:
:mafia:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:Especially since now there's apparently a Recruitment mafia thing going on which would hint multiple teams for me.
Adding onto this point, I'll say that if there are multiple teams and if the teams know there are multiple teams (they'd have to right? based on team size), that should invigorate them to push that Ricochet bandwagon, being that they legitimately viewed his posts as suspicious and wanted those sweet townie points before people knew with certainty that there were multiple teams.
Well, you see, the thing about multiple teams is that if you are bad, this cuts both ways.

You can say 'maybe they jumped on the bandwagon to get townie points thinking he was clearly on the other baddie team'
And I can say 'a baddie can defend him believing he was probably not bad to get townie points'.

Ultimately it isn't about the choice of tactic, it's about how genuine it seems.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

MacDougall wrote:Voting for HamburgerBoy
Cool. Now reply to my earlier post. Argue with me.
Golden wrote:On what basis would it be what caused him to be nightkilled? It had NO MEANING. It literally was utterly pointless. What thing in there could have been the thing that got zebra killed? Unless people were just annoyed with the noise, and if so this still doesn't give the content meaning.

I don't know why zebra died, although I do have a theory that it was because he described himself as unkillable.
I don't know why you are placing so much significance into Ricochet's intent when the thing that should matter is that Zebra posted a lot and Zebra is now dead. I'd argue at the very least that Zebra felt threatened, especially before the anti-Ricochet sentiment began to build. Maybe some of the content won't be useful after all, but I'm sure as hell not dismissing it just because it wasn't intended to be.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:

How do you expect me to defend against the accusation that I sided with Rico because I was scum and "knew" he was town? Especially since now there's apparently a Recruitment mafia thing going on which would hint multiple teams for me. Do you disagree with my point, and if so why? What is inauthentic about it? Zebra would probably have half the posts she ended up having were it not for Rico's "bad"/"no-possible-civ-mindset" posting.
I don't believe as scum you knew he was town. I also didn't scum read him. That isn't why you are reading mafia. You are reading mafia because you went out of your way to invent the concept that he was actually trying and that he posts were of value, when they were not. Arguing that he provoked Zebra into posts as a defense is revisionist and strawman.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, I find you suspicious because you didn't find rico's behaviour odd... yesterday... before rico died.

And even though it is now clear that Rico's behaviour was intentionally odd, you still don't find it bad...

Because what should matter is that zebra is dead?

Zebra's death has nothing to do with your defending of rico.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:Well, you see, the thing about multiple teams is that if you are bad, this cuts both ways.

You can say 'maybe they jumped on the bandwagon to get townie points thinking he was clearly on the other baddie team'
And I can say 'a baddie can defend him believing he was probably not bad to get townie points'.

Ultimately it isn't about the choice of tactic, it's about how genuine it seems.
Sure, not saying that I'm going to just start voting for everyone that voted for Ricochet yesterday, just that it's an angle worth looking at. For me, that's especially the case with the quieter/less argumentative, similar to how on A World Reborn, two of three anti-town players had jumped onto the sig wagon one after the other.
MacDougall wrote:I don't believe as scum you knew he was town. I also didn't scum read him. That isn't why you are reading mafia. You are reading mafia because you went out of your way to invent the concept that he was actually trying and that he posts were of value, when they were not. Arguing that he provoked Zebra into posts as a defense is revisionist and strawman.
It's not revisionist, it's exactly what I said yesterday.
HamburgerBoy wrote:Didn't RYM only pick up the RVS concept after Jimmy and Sloonei made their first pilgrimage to the Syndicate? So why can't Rico's case about you and bcornett24 being scumbuddies because of timing be a case of a silly little day 1 (correction, day 0) theory rather than deliberate evil? Dumb cases at least usually generate content, which is better than just lurking or bandwagoning.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:So, I find you suspicious because you didn't find rico's behaviour odd... yesterday... before rico died.

And even though it is now clear that Rico's behaviour was intentionally odd, you still don't find it bad...

Because what should matter is that zebra is dead?

Zebra's death has nothing to do with your defending of rico.
I found his self-voting odd, and I said so. I didn't find his arguments odd, because I didn't have a good reference for what a typical Ricochet argument would look like. I should remind you that Ricochet was arguing with two RYMers, both of which have a history of big arguments that people tend to gloss over, and that my initial post interpreted that as Rico being caught up in their antics.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 49

Post by sig »

So zebra was mafia, that most likely means JJJ wasn't on her team. I did see the idea that she picked him, but this makes little sense for day 1. I think it is worth looking into the players who after Rico flipped made comments, like saying how they hope he isn't as spammy or it would be better to have lynched a baddie. I find the first group to almost be trying to weaken Rico's credit thus giving him less of an opinion and basically neutering him, and the second group to just be scummy.

I think a few mafia members were on the Rico wagon, however I also think there is a good chance that either LoRab or Llama are scum.

I don't have many civ or scum reads right know, but I do think Long Con is a civilian, and I'm leaning scum on Llama. Know here is my question do you think the early snipping that Llama and Zebra did was fabricated? It was only a little bit, but I'm curious what people think of it.

I think with Zebra's lynch it also makes it less likely that Mac is on her team.

One last thing, if Roger Rabbit was a civ role last game wouldn't it be odd for it to be a scum role this game? Could this be some sort of seemer/prankster thing? Remember Night 0 scum was able to do actions in theory they could have targeted Zebra and then killed her today. This could be a seemer role where it replaces the scum who used it, just switched the alignment, or let the seemer pick a role.
I think the chances of this are low, but then again the chances of hitting a mafia night 1 is also small.
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Here's my rainbow so far, people in black don't have enough content for me to judge. Far from definitive though, I expect by tomorrow many of those yellows will be in green or orange, and a couple of oranges in red.

Ricochet (in the clouds strumming his harp)

RadicalFuzz
Draconus
golden

LoRab
Epignosis
Matt
MacDougall
Boomslang
MetalMarsh
sig
Elohcin/FZ
juliets
thellama73
nijuukyugou
Dom
DrWilgy

Long Con
DharmaHelper
Sorsha
JaggedJimmyJay
Black Rock

bcornett24
Bass_the_Clever
Spacedaisy
Timmer
Tranq
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Re: Day 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Hey sig
sig wrote:I don't see the Lorab wagon at all I'd suggest the people on it switch to llama :nicenod:
sig wrote:I think a few mafia members were on the Rico wagon, however I also think there is a good chance that either LoRab or Llama are scum.
sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I find both the LoRab AND the llama wagons fishy as fuck.
Why?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

hello HB how are you doing?

I'm keeping my eye open however, I don't see the reason why everyone thinks Lo Rab is scummy. I will admit I was skimming those areas so I might've missed something, but from what I read she looked null.

What do we think of Elo being replaced? Is she more likely to replace out as mafia or is it unrelated to meta?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Burger is no longer Superman. The notion that I am on Zebra's team is beyond tinfoil. It's crackpot.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

sig wrote:hello HB how are you doing?

I'm keeping my eye open however, I don't see the reason why everyone thinks Lo Rab is scummy. I will admit I was skimming those areas so I might've missed something, but from what I read she looked null.

What do we think of Elo being replaced? Is she more likely to replace out as mafia or is it unrelated to meta?
You just said that you thought there was a good chance LoRab (or llama) was scum though. Why do you think that?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Burger is no longer Superman. The notion that I am on Zebra's team is beyond tinfoil. It's crackpot.
Why did you call me Superman earlier to begin with?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hamburger Boy can you talk a little bit about your suspicion of DH? DH, do you know why you are orange on Ham Boy's scale? I probably just missed the basis of a suspicion.

@sig - I can't say for sure that Elo was or wasn't bad but she generally doesn't like big games where there are a lot of posts and it's hard to keep up with. I haven't noticed her alignment when dropping but that's usually the reason. Epig could speak to this issue better than me I think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Why did you call me Superman earlier to begin with?
I appreciated that you seemed willing to explore Rico's behavior more deeply/impartially than anyone else was. I wasn't convinced his behavior had to be non-town, and I was [in emojis] voicing to Golden that I felt an explanation might exist. His behavior reminded me a lot of a particular portion of Talking Heads in which I "went bonkers", causing Golden to turn on me hard because he didn't think there was a town motive for it, for the sole purpose of getting the thread into a frenzy. Whether the content Rico produced was valid or useful or even sincere was less important to me than the fact that a huge thread was generated on the strength of it -- something I think is mostly pro-town (perhaps in a game less occupied by people with time constraints like The Syndicate's games often are).

I didn't really maintain that perspective through the end of Day 1 because Rico never "shut it down" and offered a substantive explanation. But now we know he did indeed have a role-related agenda so okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

juliets wrote:Hamburger Boy can you talk a little bit about your suspicion of DH? DH, do you know why you are orange on Ham Boy's scale? I probably just missed the basis of a suspicion.
Part of it involves his treatment of RadicalFuzz; he was one of the first to throw suspicion that way (in a fairly joking way admittedly) and then later went the other way, looking at people who had suspected Fuzz. Then he singled out DFaraday for being anti-Fuzz, which I saw as the easy-button target, and of course DFaraday has now flipped town regardless. I also thought his treatment of Rico was silly, especially now in retrospect, being more critical of rainbow lists than anything else, but later referring to Rico's posts as a non-civ gimmick, which doesn't really jive with his initial criticism. Also, that golden apparently even did Rico's exact joke (including Dharma in all layers of the rainbow) and Dharma apparently not remembering that further looks like acting/falling back to a jovial meta.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
sig wrote:hello HB how are you doing?

You just said that you thought there was a good chance LoRab (or llama) was scum though. Why do you think that?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Burger is no longer Superman. The notion that I am on Zebra's team is beyond tinfoil. It's crackpot.
Why did you call me Superman earlier to begin with?
Partly since I suspected Llama already, but also since the size of the rico wagon. Not to mention Zebra refused to switch from Rico to llama, after her flip I think this looks bad for Llama. She didn't say she thought he was clean, just that she wasn't going to vote for him while Rico was alive. The amount of people unwilling to switch off of Rico or consider one of the other two wagons is suspicious and makes me think on of the other two was a scum.

@juliets, okay I didn't think it had anything to do with alignment, but figured it was worth mentioning anyway.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
juliets wrote:Hamburger Boy can you talk a little bit about your suspicion of DH? DH, do you know why you are orange on Ham Boy's scale? I probably just missed the basis of a suspicion.
Part of it involves his treatment of RadicalFuzz; he was one of the first to throw suspicion that way (in a fairly joking way admittedly) and then later went the other way, looking at people who had suspected Fuzz. Then he singled out DFaraday for being anti-Fuzz, which I saw as the easy-button target, and of course DFaraday has now flipped town regardless. I also thought his treatment of Rico was silly, especially now in retrospect, being more critical of rainbow lists than anything else, but later referring to Rico's posts as a non-civ gimmick, which doesn't really jive with his initial criticism. Also, that golden apparently even did Rico's exact joke (including Dharma in all layers of the rainbow) and Dharma apparently not remembering that further looks like acting/falling back to a jovial meta.
Thank you Ham Boy. DH has been more toward the other end of my scale but that's mostly based on vibes. I will consider what you said here as I continue to look at him (and everyone else).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Dey da ones kicking your asses. With a literal kicker.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
juliets wrote:Zebra, I would also like to know why I am on your list if you have time right now to tell me. If not now, later would be fine.

I'm still waiting to hear (see) from Lorab before i vote but i'm getting uneasy about the time squeeze.
I'm the least confident about my baddie read of you, but you have made some posts that have stood out to me as waffly in a careful-baddie sort of way. I can't remember who said it but someone said that your posts were just mimicking others' observations and opinions, and that's not my issue because like you said yourself, it isn't alignment-indicative. However, I do think some of your suspicions are "safe" for lack of a better word. You've given me a sense that you're aiming to follow what trains are going to be the most prominent by the end of the day. In other words, following the pack while making it look like you're borderline leading it.
I understand what you are saying here. At the beginning of games regardless of my affiliation I am not very confident about lynching people. Some people are comfortable with that ambiguity but I am not. Therefore I come off as always following. As the game goes on I become more confident and i think you will see a change in my demeanor (if I make it that far). I will do my best to expose myself more earlier in the game than normal for me regardless of the consequences. Usually that comes out in the form of questions, one of which I've already asked and it hasn't been answered. My questions tell you where I am suspicious.

Thanks for your answer to my question.
This is the most suspect and nervous looking interaction with Zebra. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Zebra just threw juliets in her scum list as her requisite wifom scum teammate and this interaction is them softly trying to flesh it out without it going down a path serious enough for juliets to get any serious attention on her.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
Dey da ones kicking your asses. With a literal kicker.
hey shut the fuck up

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Also, I want to formally apologise to Eloh for most likely driving her away.
I'll pass the word along.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You know what, I think Rico wants to be lynched.

I don't think we should give that to him. Discuss.
You voted zebra and I followed. That was the only vote ever placed on a confirmed baddie during this phase. I'm sorry if that's the best I could do. :shrug2:

Put yourself in my shoes (wash your feet first, tho) and tell me what I should do right now. Vote properly and achieve a 1 vote on a confirmed baddie. Much achievement. You're a notorious self-voter. And known to like apples. Discuss.
Zebra is confirmed town though.
Can you please explain this post?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DFaraday »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”