30%

Total votes: 20
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Golden wrote:But at one and a half hours out from the lynch, you have no idea how close things will be, but you are scaring people into the idea that it will be close a long way out. How about you wait until much closer to deadline to bemoan its closeness?
So half the players are afk and there's no time left to prevent the disaster?

I don't like the sound of that.

I will scare people out of doing stupid shit if I feel like. I think I said that back in day 1.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

I agree with DDL and Scotty on this.

Im going to bed now, hopefully we will have caught a cop when I wake up.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by sig »

Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:@SVS Zodiac meta reasons :srsnod:
See I disagree with this, she was inactive in Zodiac and I don't think it has anything to do with alignment. Can you explain to me why you think she is showing this meta a bit more?

@Nero did you role mafia again? I mean 3/3 would be a bit odd. :ponder:

chaindeath Current thoughts?
If you mean mafia as in one of the crime families, then yeah, I did get mafia :hugs:

The only person im reading as slightly scum is Ika. Im waiting for him to talk some more and answer my question from earlier. He has been acting strange in my opinion, though it may just be a meta thing as he claims.

Im going to pressure vote for Ika. Come talk with us buddy.
So this is Llama school of baddie catching, but Nero didn't say no either. We also see a pressure vote on Ika throughtout phase one he prodded Ika/Silver.
Nerolunar wrote:
chaindeath wrote:He is so good at typing.... He didn't do it properly and he offers his sincerest apologies. Long Con
This looks somewhat sheepish to me.

Why does typing mistakes and then apologising for it indicate baddie alignment? Chain I would like you to explain too. I see nothing scummy in LC´s behavior so far.
This is the first time he brought up chaindeath, he ended the day with a vote on Chain, because Chain voted for LC. So I always found this strange even with LC flipping civ. However, I can think of one good reason he thinks LC is civ, could he have some inside knowledge LC is civ? If so this kills my cop theory and nero lynch. Something came up with father so I need to help Mom cook and can't be around sorry about that. DON'T lynch nero I believe he had inside knowledge that LC was civ. Go for Gleam.

linki: thanks Golden. :P
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also I'm puzzled how the guy who literally said he'd eat a camel if Sig was bad wants to back down from his lynch now.

Put your vote where your mouth is, Golden.
Oh, another repeat of day 2. Go after me. Yay.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What happened to you being annoyed with my black and white reads, DDL?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And if you are happy with a gleam vote, why are you telling me to go back to voting sig?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:But at one and a half hours out from the lynch, you have no idea how close things will be, but you are scaring people into the idea that it will be close a long way out. How about you wait until much closer to deadline to bemoan its closeness?
So half the players are afk and there's no time left to prevent the disaster?

I don't like the sound of that.

I will scare people out of doing stupid shit if I feel like. I think I said that back in day 1.
There's no stupid shit going on. I've counted the number of people who have said they would vote gleam if everyone else does in the thread. I've looked and thought about who is going to place their vote where, and what the numbers will look like afterwards.

Have you? I don't think so. You want to spread paranoia and stop change, but it isn't based in what is actually happening in the thread.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:What happened to you being annoyed with my black and white reads, DDL?
Two opposing behaviors can still be equally malicious.

But either way, I'm not accusing you yet. I'm working with the idea that you might just be stubborn as fuck.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Okay who else said it?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Okay who else said it?
I wouldn't mind it.
But I just know that tomorrow we're going to go back to the sig discussion once Korea. That's why I haven't changed my vote yet.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Grrr EBWOP
Korea= more

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

Through page 27...I move so much slower here without multiquote and more direct search functions
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also I like how the votes are utterly and completely scattered.

Let's scatter them a little more.

Tranq
Not to say this is exactly an implication of DDL, I just found it amusingly noteworthy.
chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath walks into the forum after listing from afar, half torn between his loved ones and his need to participate. He is not entirely sure who is a good candidate to vote for, however he is sure that the voting for everyone strategy is not a good way to go. Based on his gut feeling, he respectfully votes for Long Con as the one who feels off. No hate, no animosity, just business babe :keys:

He was home with his family this weekend which is why he haven't posted, just trying to keep up on the posts quite hard when his family is being loving and fun and junk :hugs: . He should be more active as time progresses provided that his schooling doesn't overwhelm and completely pull him under in a tide of work.
Sloonei wrote:Hey chaindeath, thanks for joining us. And also thanks in advance for sharing those reasons for why you voted Long Con.
chaindeath wrote:He is so good at typing.... He didn't do it properly and he offers his sincerest apologies. Long Con
This was a peculiar interaction to me. Going with a straight gut vote after saying hes not sure whose a good candidate to vote for, Sloonei thanking chaindeath in advance for sharing the reasons for his LC vote, then CD making a strangle worded post because he didn't bold+underline LC's name. I understand that its considered proper to announce who you are voting for but the poll is whats official and his previous post made it clear LC was his vote even if he didn't format it the standard way.
Mongoose wrote:I'm a little confused that I'm being seen already as an inactive player because I feel like I've posted several times, and not just fluff. This isn't being defensive by the way, I'm just trying to talk out loud in case it helps a bit. I just don't have the time anymore to check in multiple times a day, especially when I absolutely cannot check in on the site during work hours (vaguely between 8am and 8pm -- I'm an attorney and I've got a pretty big caseload, which honestly is the only reason I don't play anymore).

THat said, I certainly don't take offense or it to heart that someone votes me on day 1 for not making dozens of posts. Just letting y'all know that I'm doing the best I can, and warning you it's not likely going to get much better (in terms of quantity -- I'll always aim for quality).

I read through the arguments to and for finding the traitors, which I found pretty intriguing at first. But then I was glad that discussion more or less ceased. Basically the way I feel about Jurassic World. I'm going to continue to catch up in the limited time I can (I've got company coming tonight and staying most of the week), so there's a bit of a time pressure situation.

linki x 15 (seriously)
I tried to find these non-fluff posts of Mongoose and they amount to a post commenting on the traitor issue(without any significant changes from what she posted about it above):
Mongoose wrote:
Scotty wrote:I will bet my [hopefully] unborn child that the 30 person coordinated vote will not work out. There will be too many no-shows. There always is in these games.
I hate ploys like that because there's always one alpaca that won't fall in line. Great in theory though. I feel like it's worked before though. A la Minimalism Mafia. Who could forget that great hit from 2014?

I'll think about this traitor activation issue. Any more opinions on downsides?

It's good to be back around all y'all.
along with thinking it transcendent that there was talk of lynching inactives and that she enjoys the tactic(she makes sure to include a preemptive defense on the possibility of more concrete lynch cases):
Mongoose wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:

Oh wow, imagine seeing you in these parts!

In other news, I think it's transcendent that we are having the Voting a Non-Participant discussion again, and on my first day back!. Historically, I am very fond of this tactic (that is, in the absence of anything meatier -we've certainly had meat in the room on day 1, so to speak).
Mongoose wrote:Before I vote ika for the odd post on Silverwolf, is that something we do around here now? Vote for people to get their attention?

Sloonei - no worries, I saw -- I always try to respond directly to anyone who's made a comment or query my way. Thanks to the ole handy Ctrl+F
This post stands out to me since it seems like Mongoose is trying to confirm whether or not behavior she is stating is odd is scummy in the eyes of others.

Draconus

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:What happened to you being annoyed with my black and white reads, DDL?
Two opposing behaviors can still be equally malicious.

But either way, I'm not accusing you yet. I'm working with the idea that you might just be stubborn as fuck.
If I'm as stubborn as fuck, why did I just change my vote.

Have you tried working with the idea that I'm actually not stubborn at all?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Of those who aren't already on, at minimum indiglo and TH, plus I gotta believe if its close sig gets on.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:2 vote difference. Chances of cops buying a vote and using it to off a civ are increasing as we speak.
I don't like this post at all. The second time you have posted an oppositional post in the face of a changing vote towards end of day. If Gleam ends up lynched and comes back bad, expect my eyes tomorrow.
Lynch Dragon?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was counting you too, DDL, since you had indicated that you were happy to.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

I think gleam is more likely to be bad than sig, but less likely to be bad than Dragon or Quin.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That leaves sig at 4 and gleam at 8...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't like that Gleamsicle hasn't responded to any of the recent pressure on him. He was around when he started to get indiglo's attention (and mine), but then he disappeared, and I don't know what to make of that. But I wish we had some sort of response from him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You're not stubborn about votes, you are stubborn about winning arguments with me.

But let's not start that shitstorm again, please. Focus on the problem at hand. Who else is going to change?

I've looked at the last page and didn't find any outside the 5 who have already voted for gleam.

linki: sig already got on. Indiglo said she's lynch him next day, so I'm not sure of that. I didn't see TH.

But okay let's do this then.

gleam

You better be right about those changes, or I'm switching back to Sig depending on the poll.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Fine let's see where this rabbit hole goes...

Voting gleam

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:I was counting you too, DDL, since you had indicated that you were happy to.
I am, but I'm afraid we might not get enough gleam lynchers to pull it off.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Gleamsicle hasn't responded to any of the recent pressure on him. He was around when he started to get indiglo's attention (and mine), but then he disappeared, and I don't know what to make of that. But I wish we had some sort of response from him.
He called me a hack, assuming that counts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well I guess Scotty proved my point wrong.

Can we make a compromise then?

LYNCH GLEAM. NOT SIG. PLEASE DO NOT TIE THE VOTES AT THE LAST MINUTE
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@DDL - perhaps I just think you are bad? I'm not interested in winning an 'argument'. I'm just interested in lynching baddies.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This shit is bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:This shit is bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Somehow I managed to skip a large post by Soneji.

He makes a good point on Mongoose, though in the last quote, I have to say the fact she is asking about how mafia is played here is because she is back after a long hiatus, during which a lot of people from different communities came here and change the usual playstyle.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

I'm here and catching up. Got a couple more pages to go, I think. I will be here until EoD. But I'll have to jet pretty quickly after that.

My friend's daughter is having a concert (she plays clarinet) and I'm going. Lord help me. Middle School band concert. Earplugs? Yay or nay? :haha:

Ok, enough goofing off, back to catching up. :noble:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:I just feel I have far less in the way of a sense that gleam is trying to catch bad guys.
As opposed to sig, who has named everybody in the phone book twice?
Yep, basically.

Don't forget I'm trying to rank who I think looks worse, not who I think looks great.
:haha: I know, right? This has been a funny game that way.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Somehow I managed to skip a large post by Soneji.

He makes a good point on Mongoose, though in the last quote, I have to say the fact she is asking about how mafia is played here is because she is back after a long hiatus, during which a lot of people from different communities came here and change the usual playstyle.
See I didn't feel great about that Soneji post. And looking at his 7 post ISO he seems to pick a different target every day. Odd.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:
Of those who aren't already on, at minimum indiglo and TH, plus I gotta believe if its close sig gets on.

I'll go ahead and do it now, in case my catch up takes longer that I imagine.

Switching to Gleam.

Sure didn't think that would happen today, but you just never know.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Gleamsicle hasn't responded to any of the recent pressure on him. He was around when he started to get indiglo's attention (and mine), but then he disappeared, and I don't know what to make of that. But I wish we had some sort of response from him.
Ditto that. I saw he was around too. Well, it looked like he was around, I'll say that.

I always prefer to hear from someone before voting, but if it doesn't work out that way then oh well. Still netted us Fuzz last time. :nicenod:

I am linki-ing myself! :eek: Too many tabs open with replies pulled up!

Nothing personal, Gleam. :hug:

XOXO Epi Girl
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

Turnip Head wrote:

See I didn't feel great about that Soneji post. And looking at his 7 post ISO he seems to pick a different target every day. Odd.
I would like to lynch Soneji and Draconus next in whatever order.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote: Btw, way to be Zeebs! Let's get that ika! Also, don't like that I'm orange on your list. :(
Your behavior during the previous lynch...
Awww, can't a guy have some fun at EoD? If it makes you feel better, I believe you and sig are either good or baddie btsc, and based on how strongly you've been defending him in thread, I'm guessing the former.

Y'know, if I had come into this thread confirming that Sloonei was a failed arrest, I think I'd be leading the lynch poll right now. My mind is blown that nobody wants to vote ika today.
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:

I agree with this assessment. It feels like he's attempting to iso people that have no traction so as to appear involved while not actually commenting on the big events of the past few days.

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:I was counting you too, DDL, since you had indicated that you were happy to.
I am, but I'm afraid we might not get enough gleam lynchers to pull it off.
I'm always afraid. Let's Thelma & Louise the shit outta this! And then cross all our fingers and toes.

Oof, sure wish I had a Thelma & Louise smiley. :sigh:

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote: Btw, way to be Zeebs! Let's get that ika! Also, don't like that I'm orange on your list. :(
Your behavior during the previous lynch...
Awww, can't a guy have some fun at EoD? If it makes you feel better, I believe you and sig are either good or baddie btsc, and based on how strongly you've been defending him in thread, I'm guessing the former.

Y'know, if I had come into this thread confirming that Sloonei was a failed arrest, I think I'd be leading the lynch poll right now. My mind is blown that nobody wants to vote ika today.
I don't think its btsc. He rejected the letter C and replaced it with the letter M.

I am, however, taking zebra's vouch at face value and it is a big part of why I switched. I don't think zebra is bad. If they are baddies teammates its a big gambit.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Soneji, who else do you think is bad besides Draconus? Based only on what you've read?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

I understood the context of how she was trying to come across(as naive of possible new habits), its just that the context in which the question was asked(as a prerequisite to a stated desire to vote lynch Ika) is rather scummy. If the question about voting people to get their attention came prior to a vote on Ika/stated desire to vote Ika, I likely wouldn't find the behavior suspicious. Lack of confidence in your own reads is also more indicative of scum, who don't want to be seen as going after the wrong people or having weak reasoning. If Ika's behavior was in any way normal in the community as it is now, people wouldn't have been suspecting him for it as much as they did D1, which should have clued Mongoose in. Even so, she felt the need to be sure that her reasoning was sound in the eyes of others.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was hoping to hear from Gleam, but it looks like this is happening, and the points against him are solid. Gleam
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Well gleam isn't going to be too pleased about this, I can tell you.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Soneji wrote:

I understood the context of how she was trying to come across(as naive of possible new habits), its just that the context in which the question was asked(as a prerequisite to a stated desire to vote lynch Ika) is rather scummy. If the question about voting people to get their attention came prior to a vote on Ika/stated desire to vote Ika, I likely wouldn't find the behavior suspicious. Lack of confidence in your own reads is also more indicative of scum, who don't want to be seen as going after the wrong people or having weak reasoning. If Ika's behavior was in any way normal in the community as it is now, people wouldn't have been suspecting him for it as much as they did D1, which should have clued Mongoose in. Even so, she felt the need to be sure that her reasoning was sound in the eyes of others.
That's pretty sound logic. But I don't know Mongoose at all to know if meta can be overlayed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Well gleam isn't going to be too pleased about this, I can tell you.
How pleased are you about it?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Soneji wrote:

Have you ever met Mongoose before?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I thought I just saw his name at the bottom of the page as being in the thread. Maybe it was a fly by, but I'd still like to hear from him too.

Epi, I am sure you are not wrong about that.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

indiglo wrote:I thought I just saw his name at the bottom of the page as being in the thread. Maybe it was a fly by, but I'd still like to hear from him too.

Epi, I am sure you are not wrong about that.
Linki ~ That first one was to TH.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

I just got up and I'm seeing all the gleam votes - what happened?

Well, I'll figure it out.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:I just got up and I'm seeing all the gleam votes - what happened?

Well, I'll figure it out.
ISO my last few posts, if you're low on time. The case is in there. Then you can think about it as you catch up. :nicenod:

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Well gleam isn't going to be too pleased about this, I can tell you.
How pleased are you about it?
None too. I'd rather lynch sig.

Return to “Previous Jobs”