It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Nerolunar »

Okay Im confused now. What do you want me to explain Sloonei?
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

That was meant for SVS, sorry.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Nerolunar wrote:That was meant for SVS, sorry.
I think I figured it out.

And sig saying he won't flip bad makes me realize why we are having a discussion about Seemers....
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:

And sig saying he won't flip bad makes me realize why we are having a discussion about Seemers....
:grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:Sometimes a strong set of baddies can push a thread into new directions and make people forget pings. Since some of us are seeing the game with new eyes we aren't beholden to that. I strongly think Enrique/BoomsLang is bad and needs to be lynched.
I'm looking into this myself. Enrique's behavior was overly indignant, to the point of being dubious, in the aftermath of Fuzz flipping mafia. On that front I find myself agreeing with your suspicion. His voting behavior on Day 2 was straight up wrong, and after being shown that his only response was to insist that everyone responsible for the lynch was still ridiculous. This means to me that Enrique was either completely oblivious to the value of vote changes to a town team (he did whine about them for unknown reasons), or he was outwardly showing his frustration that what looked like a safe lynch arbitrarily fell onto his team mate at the last minute.

I'm feeling decent about that lynch option too. I'm going to compare his behavior here with what he referenced in Trees Mafia, where he also threw a freaking fit and then also his toys out the car window (as a townie). I'll see whether there are telling parallels.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

S~V~S wrote:

:shifty:

Seriously I'm not mafia, I thought Golden might have figured it out, but he is back to voting for me so. :shrug2:

I looked over Enrique's posts he seems to have the same playstyle as in Star Wars when he was caught out as scum. II'm not sure if I'd lynch on that alone. Boom hasn't posted in five days it seems. He only had three posts so not much to see with him.
ImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Enrique in Tree Mafia

He was lynched as the cop. It made him angry. I don't think this individual likes receiving votes in general, and this makes twice that he essentially calls everyone who suspects him stupid directly or indirectly. I'm not here to criticize, I'm only drawing the meta comparison. In this case he really didn't provide a good reason that I can readily identify to town read him. My mind keeps returning to this post, which I think can be read at face value to decide whether he's a candidate:
Enrique wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:lol enrique and sig just look like they are co-ordinating a plan to take sloonei out, to me. Thats what it looks like.

Sloonei would for me be at 'confirmed civ' on the rainbow. He was first in and a critical piece of the Fuzz lynch. I will be astonished if he ends up being a cop. Astonished! It would probably be the most astonishing flip I would ever have seen! But I'm sure he isn't.
Golden you have bad, bad views lmao.

Lynch me tomorrow I don't have the time to play anyway. But Sloonei is bad, I called it already.

btw I was the first Fuzz voter

linki- as a game mechanic Golden, this isn't new
And this is another huge reason you're so suspicious. You were the first Fuzz voter, away from all the other bandwagons before the CFD was even on anyone's mind. As soon as it started you bailed. Why? What was your vote doing there if you didn't actually want to lynch him?
I was creating an unnecessary connection to my teammate on Day 2 because I fell like it.
Was he, in his frustrated state, waving his WIFOM around in plain sight? Or was this sarcasm indicative of his playing trait which shows him treating everyone who suspects him like idiots?

I don't struggle to lean toward the former.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

sig wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Seriously I'm not mafia, I thought Golden might have figured it out, but he is back to voting for me so. :shrug2:

I looked over Enrique's posts he seems to have the same playstyle as in Star Wars when he was caught out as scum. II'm not sure if I'd lynch on that alone. Boom hasn't posted in five days it seems. He only had three posts so not much to see with him.
My instincts tell me you'd be a bad lynch. I don't know if I'm right about that, so let's chat. Who among the people who have called for your lynch do you feel is most likely to be capitalizing on an opportunity (resulting from your staunch defenses of Fuzz)?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

So you DON'T suggest Enrislang as an alternative to you?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrislang, I like it. :slick:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Draconus »

:disappoint: I had something typed up, had to go back to work, came back to post, and it disappeared. FML.
ika wrote:in that case im voting draconous for now

im saddened that silver thinks my budding is scum. shes should knwo thats the nullest of null tells
Why?

I had a comment on DDL because he's being brought up as a lynch candidate: I feel good about him because of his actions surrounding the Fuzz situation.

Sig: I don't think Silver answered my question, but this to anyone who wants to answer. Why is Sig a suspect? I've read some of the more recent discussions surrounding him but I still don't know.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

My wariness of Epignosis stems primarily from this:
Epignosis wrote:I am most suspicious of sig because of his frantic defense of Fuzz, his willingness to allege anybody and everybody, and accusing people for doing or saying things he himself has done and said.
I think this kind of thinking is more the type that most of the thread adopts in games while Epignosis focuses on less "obvious" or "easy" angles, something which he does a great job of as a civilian. He doesn't bite the low-hanging fruit. I could be wrong about sig, but my reads on these two right now are pretty intertwined.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dropping a vote on Boomslang. I'm currently also open to a DDL vote, and perhaps a Scotty or Nero vote. I need to check back on their responses to my earlier queries/ISOs.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

This is perhaps the most suspicious single post to emerge from the CFD sequence:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of starting another wagon, when we already have 3, with less than an hour for the phase to end.

This is the PERFECT opportunity for scum to save each other if they need to.

If you don't like the current wagons then tough luck. Try to push another one earlier next day.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Point is: I'm more worried about the people currently on the wagons wanting a way out, than the ones outside of them who are not satisfied wanting to create a new one.
This is a direct contradiction of DDL's prior stated beef with a CFD. He said it was a "perfect time" for baddies to save their team mates, which is obviously a reference to players voting on the bandwagons and not the players being bandwagoned. I read this as an uneasy step-back from his staunch resistance to a CFD, particularly as the votes for Fuzz started to pile in. DDL is my top suspect.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Voting for Dragon D. Luffy now. His CFD behavior was really bad, and his interactions with Fuzz are also less than inspiring. This will make me the only vote on DDL right now, despite numerous people suspecting him to some degree. Why?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Question for other active players: how much stock are we putting into what the prisoners are saying? It seems to me that they're only going to be hre a short time. If that is the case, what is their motivation? Are there teams among them? I would expect that at least some of them are here to help, and in that case I think a fresh set of eyes on the events in the game can be a great thing. They might see things that we all overlooked.
For that reason I am willing to be on board with an Enrique/Boomslang lynch. I have not stopped reading him as bad since Day 2, but I admit I largely forgot he was even here until today, and now at least two prisoners are saying he looks bad as well, presumably without any bias.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
sig wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

My instincts tell me you'd be a bad lynch. I don't know if I'm right about that, so let's chat. Who among the people who have called for your lynch do you feel is most likely to be capitalizing on an opportunity (resulting from your staunch defenses of Fuzz)?
Golden and Sloonie off the top of my head. I also think DDL pushed for my lynch. I'm back and forth with Golden he seems townie, but at the same time he has helped to lead multiply mislynches and is trying to get me lynched. Sloonie his push for Matt still bothers me. DDL seemed to have also taken advantage of my situation quite a bit.

I'd put some stock in it, but not to much. If they make a good case sure, even some of their gut reads however, we don't know if they are actually helping us or not.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Voting for Dragon D. Luffy now. His CFD behavior was really bad, and his interactions with Fuzz are also less than inspiring. This will make me the only vote on DDL right now, despite numerous people suspecting him to some degree. Why?
I've been reading him as town, but the above contradiction you bring up is something I want to see him reply too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
sig wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Golden and Sloonie off the top of my head. I also think DDL pushed for my lynch. I'm back and forth with Golden he seems townie, but at the same time he has helped to lead multiply mislynches and is trying to get me lynched. Sloonie his push for Matt still bothers me. DDL seemed to have also taken advantage of my situation quite a bit.

I'd put some stock in it, but not to much. If they make a good case sure, even some of their gut reads however, we don't know if they are actually helping us or not.
is there anything besides my Matt vote that bothers you about me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

To question our motives is understandable. We're some kind of weird game mechanic personified, and it's an unusual circumstance. Still, to disregard our input would be a huge waste. I implore everyone to at least give us a fair chance, and if you disagree with our perspectives then that's fine.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Voting for Dragon D. Luffy now. His CFD behavior was really bad, and his interactions with Fuzz are also less than inspiring. This will make me the only vote on DDL right now, despite numerous people suspecting him to some degree. Why?
It's fair for you to believe that, but did you read my response to your points?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh nvm I didn't read the posts above. Give me some time. Sorry.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Your efforts are much appreciated, Mr 509378.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

sig wrote:Golden and Sloonie off the top of my head. I also think DDL pushed for my lynch. I'm back and forth with Golden he seems townie, but at the same time he has helped to lead multiply mislynches and is trying to get me lynched. Sloonie his push for Matt still bothers me. DDL seemed to have also taken advantage of my situation quite a bit.

In my unique position as a prisoner, observing your situation, I've found myself more suspicious of Epignosis's treatment of you than Sloonei's. How do you feel about Epi? I need to look into Golden's, I do admit I wouldn't expect him to go for the typical "sig defended a bad guy" angle without a good reason. I don't know the full context of his argument though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Point is: I'm more worried about the people currently on the wagons wanting a way out, than the ones outside of them who are not satisfied wanting to create a new one.
This is a direct contradiction of DDL's prior stated beef with a CFD. He said it was a "perfect time" for baddies to save their team mates, which is obviously a reference to players voting on the bandwagons and not the players being bandwagoned. I read this as an uneasy step-back from his staunch resistance to a CFD, particularly as the votes for Fuzz started to pile in. DDL is my top suspect.
Dude when I wrote that post, it has been 30 seconds since I had first heard of the idea of CFD.

My immediate reaction was to think of it as some slimy attempt at redirecting the lynch.

Then people started arguing with me and I understood where they were coming from, so I became a little more neutral on the idea. Yes I stepped back, because my idea of it went from "scummy counter-wagon" to "stupid plan".

I still think it's a stupid plan, btw.

Also, did you read my response to your ISO?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I can't believe there are 8 pages to catch up. I think I hate this prisoner mechanic. Ugh.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Golf »

Sloonei wrote:Your efforts are much appreciated, Mr 509378.
Yeah, fuck the others. :pout:
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I still think it's a stupid plan, btw.
Why?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also, did you read my response to your ISO?
Yes. It didn't really inspire me I guess. I don't see much evidence that the progression you're describing in your mindset regarding Fuzz was reflected in your efforts in this thread. The exchanges elapsed a few brief posts and was just very soft in general. I'm reminded of my own interactions with baddie team mates I've had in past games. It's rather textbook.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'd also like to state that from now on, I'll oppose every CFD in every game I play, regardless of alignment.

Just the fact that thing managed to make me so angry during the past week is already bad enough.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting Quin for now, based on lynchability, but pleased to see a vote on Dragon.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

The validity of CFDs as a strategy was literally proven in this game. It happened. They're not always great, perhaps not even usually, but there's a time and a place. :shrug2:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting Quin for now, based on lynchability, but pleased to see a vote on Dragon.
If you'd voted for DDL then both he and Quin would be at 2 votes right now. Why's Quin more lynchable, and why should that matter with so much time remaining in the day phase? Anything can happen here, especially with a bunch of less-than-predictable prisoner votes in the mix.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?
Maybe ISO my posts. I'm pretty sure I had a long debate with Golden on Night 2 about it.

I'm not gonna reproduce every response I made during this game because suddenly there are 15 new players who hadn't been playing with me before. It's not the idea I make of a fun game. If you guys want to lynch me for that, go ahead.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
sig wrote:Golden and Sloonie off the top of my head. I also think DDL pushed for my lynch. I'm back and forth with Golden he seems townie, but at the same time he has helped to lead multiply mislynches and is trying to get me lynched. Sloonie his push for Matt still bothers me. DDL seemed to have also taken advantage of my situation quite a bit.

In my unique position as a prisoner, observing your situation, I've found myself more suspicious of Epignosis's treatment of you than Sloonei's. How do you feel about Epi? I need to look into Golden's, I do admit I wouldn't expect him to go for the typical "sig defended a bad guy" angle without a good reason. I don't know the full context of his argument though.
I did find Epi pingy, his sudden interest in me and his avoidance of all major wagons until last phase seems weird. However, I have a very hard time reading Epi so I could be wrong.

@Sloonie yes that is my reasoning for why you could be bad.
ImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting Quin for now, based on lynchability, but pleased to see a vote on Dragon.
What does "lynchability" mean? Are there players who are not "lynchable"?

Also, yeah, you voted Dragon D. Luffy twice before, but now insist on Quin, I see. Why?
Fractal
sprityo
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6

Post by NurseWilgy »

I hope I didn't miss the opportunity to cast a vote. Are we lynching sig or ika?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Dude when I wrote that post, it has been 30 seconds since I had first heard of the idea of CFD.

My immediate reaction was to think of it as some slimy attempt at redirecting the lynch.

Then people started arguing with me and I understood where they were coming from, so I became a little more neutral on the idea. Yes I stepped back, because my idea of it went from "scummy counter-wagon" to "stupid plan".

I still think it's a stupid plan, btw.

Also, did you read my response to your ISO?
But those two posts were 6 minutes apart, and this was your only post in between:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I don't like the idea of starting another wagon, when we already have 3, with less than an hour for the phase to end.

This is the PERFECT opportunity for scum to save each other if they need to.

If you don't like the current wagons then tough luck. Try to push another one earlier next day.
Every post you make is making you look more scummy, imo. Why shouldn't we try to push one now, when so many people think all of the current wagons don't have a lot of merit?
If people don't like any of the 3 wagons then sure, go ahead.

But inviting people to look for a fourth one reeks of an attempt to deflect this lynch into something else.

I don't like the timing of this at all. Because all the scum who are seeing their possible teammates get lynched will take the chance to jump out.
Who or what changed your mind in those couple of minutes?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?
Maybe ISO my posts. I'm pretty sure I had a long debate with Golden on Night 2 about it.

I'm not gonna reproduce every response I made during this game because suddenly there are 15 new playerswho hadn't been playing with me before. It's not the idea I make of a fun game. If you guys want to lynch me for that, go ahead.
Technically, a few of them have played with you before.
Fractal
sprityo
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:

Also, yeah, you voted Dragon D. Luffy twice before, but now insist on Quin, I see. Why?
It means that I don't think there is a realistic chance of getting enough votes on Dragon to lynch him, but people are more sympathetic to a Quin lynch. Since I suspect both of them, I will go for the easier kill.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Warden wrote:I hope I didn't miss the opportunity to cast a vote. Are we lynching sig or ika?
WHAT

How can you vote as well?!
Fractal
sprityo
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Ew, don't speak to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:

It means that I don't think there is a realistic chance of getting enough votes on Dragon to lynch him, but people are more sympathetic to a Quin lynch. Since I suspect both of them, I will go for the easier kill.
There's no chance, like... ever? Shouldn't you... convince others to vote the person you'd like to lynch?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Ew, don't speak to me.
What dideth I doeth wrong by thee?
Fractal
sprityo
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:Who or what changed your mind in those couple of minutes?
Understanding of what was going on. The people who were arguing with me warmed me up to the idea.

That's another reason I'm skeptical about CFDs. The premise is that players who are bad tend to react badly to it. Well, I'll go ahead and say that everybody who has never heard of them before has a good chance of reacting badly to it. So it might work on a heavily method-based community like RYM where people use those things on a regular basis, but here those things scare people off.

I saw a flash counter-wagon happening and my first reaction was to yell at people to stop.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?

I'm not gonna reproduce every response I made during this game because suddenly there are 15 new players who hadn't been playing with me before. It's not the idea I make of a fun game. If you guys want to lynch me for that, go ahead.
I'm not asking you to reproduce any responses. I honestly don't believe you. I think you're holding steadfast to a perspective you espoused prior to the CFD, and then you felt like you had to stick to your guns after the fact to alleviate the bad looks it'd produce. To think it was "a stupid plan" after the results it produced is frankly nonsense and I don't think you really believe that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:

There's no chance, like... ever? Shouldn't you... convince others to vote the person you'd like to lynch?
I've been trying to do that for the entire game. There comes a time when you have to take the victory you can get over the one you want.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?

I'm not gonna reproduce every response I made during this game because suddenly there are 15 new playerswho hadn't been playing with me before. It's not the idea I make of a fun game. If you guys want to lynch me for that, go ahead.
Technically, a few of them have played with you before.
I mean during the game. And also the whole game.

If you were lynched during day 1 and has no idea what has been happening since them, you have a more limited idea of me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Anyway, votes are changeable. If people start agreeing with me on Dragon, I will move there.

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Warden wrote:I hope I didn't miss the opportunity to cast a vote. Are we lynching sig or ika?
WHAT

How can you vote as well?!
This might actually work to our advantage.

I'm assuming whoever the warden is can't vote as both the sock warden and the real player. So we can limit who the warden might be based on which named players don't vote today.

Everyone should vote.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”