33%

Total votes: 15
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Transistor [Day 3]

Post by Quokka »

Scotty wrote:Coming from a member of the process with the tag line "to be recycled" I care not of your silly accusations.

I feel like they put you in the trash pile instead of recycle. Otherwise you would be my toaster right now and I ain't got a toaster dammit
We are not a member of the Process. We align ourselves with Cloudwalk, as did Cell Day One and Cell Day Two.

After reviewing your answer to our inquiry, we believe you should be terminated with extreme prejudice.
To be recycled
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Nerolunar »

Thats illogical. The cell literally turned "bad". :mafia:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Nerolunar wrote:
Scotty wrote:Hello, boys and girls.

I'm behind. Which of the 3 on the poll is a member of the process?

It's ok if you want to confess a bit. I'm a great ear.
Its not me. For real.
Just by looking at votes alone, I would say you look the worst out of the 3 on the poll.

Like, you really tried to help Elo out there at the end of Day 2
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Scotty wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

Its not me. For real.
Just by looking at votes alone, I would say you look the worst out of the 3 on the poll.

I didn´t. I barely considered Elohcin. I was/am detached with the game and afraid to bandwagon, especially after what happened with Zebra. Im still growing as a player and sometimes my judgment sucks. People say that the mafia will always appear more calculated and that civs normally are more laid back - I have not calculated much this game at all and now its ironically biting me in the ass.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

And actually I just downloaded Transistor :beer: Trying it out now. The character designs convinced me, they look awesome!
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Voted Niju. She seems worse to me than MPm, although had it not been for this poll I would read her as civ. Oh well.

I just beat Sybil in the game :beer: It is an amazing soundtrack.
ImageImage

agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by agleaminranks »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and welcome to the game, K4J and MacDougall!

Addressing what gleam said about me today (and his vote for me):
agleaminranks wrote:I voted for Matt because I didn't like his general attacks or discussion style up to that point, but I can't point to one specific post that highlights this uneasiness of mine; rather, it was more of a strong gut feel. I will analyze his posts more thoroughly and attempt to gain some insight into it.

There's also has to be some significance to sig being nightkilled. I will revisit his posts as well. I mentioned that I found it highly suspicious and unlikely that both sig and zebra were silenced and insanified, respectively. MP was one who voiced disdain for my claim, and while I agreed with him about disliking the zebra vote, he did not seem to agree with me. In fact, if sig were lynched after I made such a claim, it might put me in a bad position. If MP were mafia, it seems sensical to me to make such a nightkill to put the doubt upon myself in this case. I feel a little less good about MP all of a sudden. I don't have much concrete evidence other than that theory, but I don't like it much.

JJJ, I am inclined to disagree with llama and Mac. At least from my perspective (again, someone who has had no mafia experience with you before this game, I believe), it feels much more likely that a civilian would be willing to put that much time and effort into extensive ISOs regardless of the day. This game is very clearly serious at this point. There is much to discuss and much to analyze.
agleaminranks wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Going back, Matt has done little but tunnel Elohcin since the last night phase. But his retorts seem a little more serious this time, and he is pressing for serious questions.

I don't know how I feel about Elohcin at this point. She had one post that pinged me but her clarification made me backtrack that thought. I will try to get a read before the day ends.
Just glancing back over her posts, Elo feels like a frustrated civilian to me more than a baddie. I believe her claims about extra-game commitments, it does feel to me like she's just frustrated from answering a lot of the same questions over and over again. I am hesitant to place my vote on her today.

What does worry me more is MP. It's possible he was silenced, it's equally possible he's just busy, but it also seems a little convenient from my perspective his absence and antecedent remarks about speculated abilities and nightkills.

MovingPictures.
gleam, consider me confused with respect to your suspicion of me, so I hope you can elucidate.

Regarding the orange content above: From what I understand, your suspicion of me is coming purely from nightkill analysis (NKA). Is this correct? Can you explain how it would have put you "in a bad position"? I fail to follow you there. I don't see how that would be the case. And yes, I did disagree with you for what I thought were logical reasons; did you not find my speculation logical?

Regarding the yellow content above: How was my absence "convenient"? You didn't give me any chance to respond to your accusations considering I was silenced, which is something you mentioned right in here. I find this contrasts with what you said about me earlier:
agleaminranks wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think this is crazy interesting. If we all decided to work together, civ and scum, and get rid of the process by voting his element each day, we could rid ourselves of him completely (or at least make him vanilla) so we don't have to deal with him at all really.
How much commitment would you be willing to offer to this notion of consistently lynching Process terms rather than players? You seem to be fully on board in your language here without must hesitance or consideration, which is a curious thing in the face of any suggestion that town and baddies openly coordinate on anything.
Elohcin, I don't think this is the right strategy to take. I'm thinking the Process is a single lynchable person with formes. I'll explain in a bit.

Catching up, DrumBeats, I am extremely against this idea of the scum and the civilians secretly teaming up. Roles are scarce but given that it's a side mission it's probably safe to assume that mafia has some nightkill ability. What the hell is there in the promise of not killing civilians? Ring of Gyges, folks. Even if given the opportunity to act in unison with the whole group, they have the option of completely screwing over the civilians with a nightkill from the anonymity of this arrangement. Civs could pretty easily be getting themselves into a bind. It sounds like an inherently bad situation where the civilians are going to get the short end of the stick.

Also, thoughts re: Cell. So, Cheerleader won the poll yesterday is my guess. Host says the Process will manifest itself in many ways. I'm guessing the Process is manifest in the Cheerleader form now, and it has that ability, and this is why it was revealed.
The Cheerleader role also specifies that it can protect a Process element from being nightkilled. And here Cell shows up in the daily lynch section.
It seems most likely that possibly the Process is either able to change elements on a daily basis and this will be what reveals the role, is my guess.
My original guess was that perhaps by voting the element it would force the Process to change to that element, but given that the Cheerleader role mentions nightkill protection from elements, they're capable of being killed, and this would then prevent the Process from becoming that element. So, we have one element on the lynch list which we could eliminate. But I wonder why Cell specifically shows up, versus other elements, or elements as a whole. Something to do with the Process's selection, or Host's discrimination? Maybe it's what element the Process is planning on taking tomorrow?

So, tl;dr, I think the elements are formes that the Process takes, rather than someone being behind it, as someone speculated earlier (don't remember who at the moment, sorry). I think we can vote to kill the element to prevent the Process from taking that forme later, but the Process is still someone out there amongst our ranks. Given that we don't know what the hell the role does and if this is true we're lynching essentially nobody, it's giving the civilians fewer opportunities to nab a baddie early on. In a bigger game I would want to focus more on preserving civilian life without eliminating indiscriminately, but I don't think we have that luxury here. Gotta get on the hunt, or the civs are in trouble. Look at Barry Lyndon.

I propose we skip the Cell voting for now. Focus on baddy hunting. Right now, the Process has a defensive element and is less able to do anything serious. This is the moment to strike.

Initial reads on the few actives on here have been pretty good. I can follow up more on that if anyone wants. DrumBeat's post about strategy seems to favor the baddies but it only strikes me as marginally pingy. I would be tempted to vote for them, but it's a little too early to have more than just a sinking suspicion on little evidence. Elohcin glomming on to that strategy might be something of note too.
You never elaborated on this point (so that would be nice), but considering I've had far and away the most posts of anyone all game, I presume by "few actives" that included me.

If so, then why did you feel pretty good about me then, and what about that feeling went away? The only reason I can find for your suspicion of me now is nightkill analysis, so I'm very confused as to why I would be deserving of your d2 vote over everyone else, especially if you had a positive view of me on d1.

Please explain ASAP.

Lastly, I voted for Jerk (again, because why not?), and I'm tired now, so I'm going to sleep on this and provide a new rainbow list and related thoughts on folks tomorrow before Night 2 ends.
Sure. I'll address the third point first about active discussers. At that point it was mostly yourself, JJJ, Drumbeats, and Elo leading the discussion for the day. I did feel good because (again, I mentioned it before, I didn't like DB's strategy but I wasn't inclined to read him as bad) all of those people, yourself included, felt like they were trying to encourage positive, strategy-oriented discussion. But it is also Day 1. When I say I'm feeling good about someone, I'm leaning like 10% civ at most. To say I'm more confident of alignment on day 1 is absolutely ludicrous and unfounded.

To address the other points: I was the only one that cast significant shade on sig before he was nightkilled. You were the only person that rebutted my accusation of him. Sig then proceeds to get nightkilled. It felt like it would have been a good opportunity to set the ball rolling against me. People were voting for Elohcin and I felt slightly more sure about her being good than bad. I was wrong, but I still stand by that statement in hindsight. She was good at acting like a civilian in my eyes. So I voted for you because I did not have any stronger suspicions on anyone playing the game, and if I were in your position and I were bad, I would have used my misjudgment of sig to try and set up a wagon against me. If I were a baddy playing against myself in this game, your position would be the most likely to try and set up such a nightkill after voicing your opinion on me. Is it somehow illegal for someone to change reads?

I also was not entirely convinced you were silenced. I thought it possible some people could be faking it, like yourself, to try and not arouse suspicion. In fact, after Matt was nightkilled last night (the person I suspected first), I thought it even more likely that you would have been faking it by setting up two of my suspicions as nightkills and attempting to frame me. In fact it really does feel like someone now is trying to frame my position.

I was all set to come back and accuse you again until I saw this role revealed on the front page:
Royce Bracket
Flood ( )- Sometimes…people can be…contagious. People can be contagious. Whoever targets your target the same Night will be silenced and unable to vote while they recover.
So with that revelation in mind I'm suddenly feeling like I cannot hold that suspicion on you anymore. Given that (if memory serves me correctly, I'll have to go back and reread the votes) you were on one of the vote trains the first day, it's entirely possible you were legitimately silenced. So I am forced to recind my analysis of your position in light of this evidence. I daresay I think slightly better of you now, even.

I'm frustrated, so I'm going to stop speculating and look at the facts in light of the new role. If we believe you were silenced, which I think I now can believe with less doubt, someone else who voted for Elo on Day 1 is a baddie and was bussing, probably the baddie here in question, unless there's another silencing role in that crowd.

I do see nijuukyugou on that list. I will go back to check and see their posts as well as who else may have been possibly silenced/missed a vote the previous day.

So someone forced these three into the spotlight
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I went though everything MP said about Elo leading up to her almost lynch and her actual lynch and have a very strong suspicion that he is bad because of it. On the surface he looks town for trying to start that CFD before EoD but I don't buy it and actually think he's trying to look town instead of being town.

Are these votes changeable?

im in a show right now so I will not be around to respond with expediency

agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Oops my last post got cut off. Someone forced those three into the spotlight. I'm also inclined to think it must have been some night activity. The only thing I can think of is that they were right next to each other alphabetically.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

@Scotty, nah not a doctor. Im just the process.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I know your whole spiel is to be ridiculous and confusing, Wilgy, but we've already got a Vompatti for that. And it makes me frustrated when even someone who is possibly a civilian makes it difficult to get a good read on them. Sure as hell isn't helping our team out.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

agleaminranks wrote:I know your whole spiel is to be ridiculous and confusing, Wilgy, but we've already got a Vompatti for that. And it makes me frustrated when even someone who is possibly a civilian makes it difficult to get a good read on them. Sure as hell isn't helping our team out.
Vote me then m8. I feel like I'm plenty helpful.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

agleaminranks wrote:Oops my last post got cut off. Someone forced those three into the spotlight. I'm also inclined to think it must have been some night activity. The only thing I can think of is that they were right next to each other alphabetically.
'Twould appear that way. Maybe selecting any chunk of 3 people in the poll. Makes sense. Whether this is a Mafia, process or town role I can't tell.

Now, I like that you were indicting MP, because I agreed with you, but here's a question: don't you think being silenced is 1) not indicative of alignment and 2) something that can easily be faked?

A Mafia member, knowing that he didn't silence anyone that day, could make up a silence easily.

That being said, what are the odds that they selected a player that no one with a night action also selected? I mean, it does sound like the odds are more in favor of him actually being silenced, but one can never be too sure. :shrug2:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also, can someone give me a heads up if votes are changeable?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

They aren't.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy... r u gud
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Wilgy... r u gud
Nah, just a spectator.
Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by kneel4justice »

RIP Matt.
I'm going to try catching up. The poll sucks.
nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
nutella wrote:Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
So, what do you make of DF suspicion of Nero? Do you think they're teammates? I don't recall a lot of opinions from DF (if I missed something, please let me know)...so I would be inclined to believe that the few suspicions that DF does share, if he were bad, wouldn't be a teammate. Especially considering Nero was not really under fire.
I do actually think DF and Nero could be teammates. DF already seems to be participating more than he usually does (usually barely at all), and I guess I see your point that his few contributions must be legit but I could also see him cleverly fabricating a suspicion on a teammate that might not have seemed likely to go anywhere. His "case"/comment on Nero was pretty weak and he ends up classifying it as a "mild baddie" read, not a very committed suspicion, and misses the vote anyway. And now he says he's rethinking the suspicion in light of Elo's flip. Idk, it might be a stretch but I could see it.

DF, why do you think you need to reconsider your suspicion of Nero based on the result?
Thanks for explaining. I could see this being a possibility. Especially with the fact that he said he needs to rethink the suspicion on Nero.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

kneel4justice wrote:RIP Matt.
nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
nutella wrote:Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
So, what do you make of DF suspicion of Nero? Do you think they're teammates? I don't recall a lot of opinions from DF (if I missed something, please let me know)...so I would be inclined to believe that the few suspicions that DF does share, if he were bad, wouldn't be a teammate. Especially considering Nero was not really under fire.
I do actually think DF and Nero could be teammates. DF already seems to be participating more than he usually does (usually barely at all), and I guess I see your point that his few contributions must be legit but I could also see him cleverly fabricating a suspicion on a teammate that might not have seemed likely to go anywhere. His "case"/comment on Nero was pretty weak and he ends up classifying it as a "mild baddie" read, not a very committed suspicion, and misses the vote anyway. And now he says he's rethinking the suspicion in light of Elo's flip. Idk, it might be a stretch but I could see it.

DF, why do you think you need to reconsider your suspicion of Nero based on the result?
Thanks for explaining. I could see this being a possibility. Especially with the fact that he said he needs to rethink the suspicion on Nero.
Is it not commonplace to reevaluate your suspicions in light of a baddie being lynched? I thought everyone did that. :keys:

I'm probably going to vote for Nero anyway since he's still my most suspicious of the three, but I want to hear more about why Scotty suspects MP, whom I've been reading pretty strongly as civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

DrumBeats wrote:And based on that idea, I have a question for everyone. EVERYONE SHOULD ANSWER THIS:

If that is the case, and the three available on the poll are one town, one mafia, and the Process, who do you think is each?

My opinion:
Town-MovingPictures07
Process-nijuukyugou
Mafia-Nerolunar
I actually disagree with this theory...I don't think that Epi would include a mechanic that exposes players' alignment as this would be doing. Especially not the process seeing as that is an independent role and I'm operating on the assumption that lynching the player with that role would eliminate the faction (though perhaps that is somehow false, considering all of its manifestations and their place on the polls??). Regardless of that fact, I still think it would be a mechanism with hindrance to the fairness of the game and don't see Epi doing that.

As for my opinions on each player on the poll:
MP: I feel pretty good about him. There has been much quality and quantity when it comes to his posts. I haven't had the chance to interact with him yet, as he was seemingly silenced, so hopefully I will get to do that this phase.
Nero: I've had problems with Nero's posts. For me, he has come off using appeal to emotion to avoid/excuse him out of making decisions in regards to voting. That being said, it could be coming from a true and genuine place of not having enough confidence in their scum-hunting abilities. There are times I've wanted to not vote at all as a civilian because I truly do not know who is bad. So while I'm suspicious, I'm not anywhere near sure.
Niju: I haven't paid much attention to Niju. Just briefly looked back at her posts and at the tallies, I get the feeling she at least isn't mafia from her interaction with Eloh.

With that being said, I guess the person I would feel most comfortable voting for from this list is Nero. But even then I'm not as sure as I would like to be. I wonder if all three of these are actually civs.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

DFaraday wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:RIP Matt.
nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Is it not commonplace to reevaluate your suspicions in light of a baddie being lynched? I thought everyone did that. :keys:

I'm probably going to vote for Nero anyway since he's still my most suspicious of the three, but I want to hear more about why Scotty suspects MP, whom I've been reading pretty strongly as civ.
I understand needing to reevaluate things after a player is lynched. It was just that earlier I was thinking that you and Nero would not both be bad because of you sharing suspicion of him, but with Nutella's explanation, I see how that could've been the case and am now not as reluctant to the idea of both you being mafia. However, that isn't to say I do feel you two are working together, I have no reason to believe that. I was just more so curious as to how Nutella found both of you suspicious and understood the explanation.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

nutella wrote:RIP Matt.

JJJ, I have already explained my Nero vote. I know that it looks bad for me but I genuinely felt better about Elo.

Now this poll is weird... :confused:

DrumBeats wrote:And based on that idea, I have a question for everyone. EVERYONE SHOULD ANSWER THIS:

If that is the case, and the three available on the poll are one town, one mafia, and the Process, who do you think is each?

My opinion:
Town-MovingPictures07
Process-nijuukyugou
Mafia-Nerolunar
I agree with this completely, in the case that it is indeed one of each (I have no particular reason to think niju is the process, although Matt thought so, and she very well could be). I do think that MP is town and Nero is mafia. With that I'll go ahead and vote Nero
I do have to say that I am a bit concerned with this straight-away vote. Even with your previous suspicion of Nero, I would think that with only 3 players on the poll, a civ would want to be more cautious.

Question for Epi...if there were no votes cast at all, would that mean no one would be lynched or would it have been randomized?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

nijuukyugou wrote:Well, hot damn.
DrumBeats wrote:Conspiracy theory: What if it is 1 town, 1 mafia, and 1 independent (Process)?
Could be.
Nerolunar wrote:I think it´s 2 town, 1 mafia. I don´t think we will have 33% change to lynch the Process at any point in this game except for maybe Lylo. Would be too easy to lynch the Process then.
Could be.

OR

What do these names have in common? They are three names in alphabetical order, taken from the player list. I think it's random in regards to alignment, because Epi is an evil bastard who I know is getting a kick out of this. Those combinations above could be correct. One could be Process, two civ. Two could be mafia, one could be civ. Hell, all three could be civ. Regardless, this is a most unfortunate poll, and I (and everyone) will need to think carefully about this.
I didn't realize it was alphabetical. Now I am even more confident in the belief that the idea that the poll consists of one of each faction is wrong. I'm just trying to think of what makes most sense to have caused this and I guess that's a guessing game, but I just wonder if this is a pointless round or if at least one of you is indeed bad.

Also, JJJ: While you went back and evaluated my posts on Eloh, you forgot to put me on your list.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

kneel4justice wrote:
nutella wrote:RIP Matt.

JJJ, I have already explained my Nero vote. I know that it looks bad for me but I genuinely felt better about Elo.

Now this poll is weird... :confused:

My opinion:
Town-MovingPictures07
Process-nijuukyugou
Mafia-Nerolunar
I agree with this completely, in the case that it is indeed one of each (I have no particular reason to think niju is the process, although Matt thought so, and she very well could be). I do think that MP is town and Nero is mafia. With that I'll go ahead and vote Nero
I do have to say that I am a bit concerned with this straight-away vote. Even with your previous suspicion of Nero, I would think that with only 3 players on the poll, a civ would want to be more cautious.

Question for Epi...if there were no votes cast at all, would that mean no one would be lynched or would it have been randomized?

For one thing, when I voted, the poll end time was set to Sunday evening (24 hours), I'm pretty sure. I guess that was an error that Epi fixed. Still, with only three choices I'm pretty confident voting the one who is already my top suspect over two players I think are likely town.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Scotty wrote:I went though everything MP said about Elo leading up to her almost lynch and her actual lynch and have a very strong suspicion that he is bad because of it. On the surface he looks town for trying to start that CFD before EoD but I don't buy it and actually think he's trying to look town instead of being town.

I don't recall anything suspicious about his interaction with Eloh. I just remember he was one of those willing to vote for her over Zebra in D1 which had gave me a good feeling. I'll have to go back and see this.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Just looked back briefly at MP's posts on Eloh (thanks to JJJ for making that easier). Not quite sure why MP was getting a town-read on Eloh in the first place, as in I would have disagreed with that, but I can't say the particular point in which he became suspicious of Eloh was all that unreasonable or bothersome. I'd like to see some clarification from MP on why exactly he felt good on Eloh and if I missed that -- my apologies, it is 1 in the morning here, lol.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I thought the poll was only 24 hours too.
ImageImage

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

heads up that I'm flying across the country today and will be spotty at best. But I'll be back before EoD to place my vote.

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

24 hour lynch? What a gyp! I thought I had another day.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all! Sorry for not being around. I had a 20 hour workday yesterday and I have a lot more to do before next week, so yeah. I'm also pretty tired. I'll pop on ASAP, probably later this afternoon for a break, but just in case I don't I'm going to cast my vote for Nerolunar now.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

thellama73 wrote:24 hour lynch? What a gyp! I thought I had another day.
It was a 24 hour lynch until it was changed to 48.

Why did you vote for me? :mafia:
ImageImage

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Lame
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

I don't think I'll be back before the poll closes, so voting for Nero now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Niju is getting my vote. MP, check my post in response to yours.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady dislikes that Wiggly is posting like.
This Young Lady also dislikes the poll options Ursula, Mooney, or Picture of Motion.
Supervisor
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy didn't elaborate on my vote either... an interesting thing to overlook during his effort posting. Just throws out there that it doesn't inspire him but doesn't say why.

It's a ruse. A trap.
The parenthetical bit I included right after mentioning the vote itself (1st of 1, Elohcin at 2 votes) displays the timing of the vote relative to the Elohcin wagon. At that point it was plausible for the final lynch to end up in a number of places, as she was tied with Young Lady at just two votes. Your vote could have moved the momentum to DrWilgy, who I think enters most games as a relatively easy lynch given the "zany" play people always talk about. I was also reading him more town than not. So your vote didn't inspire me.

That wasn't the only point I made against your player slot. I don't expect you to speak for Illyria, but her treatment of Matt wasn't terribly different to Elohcin's treatment of Matt. Discredits and criticism of his instincts were her means of resisting him based upon some completely different game, and I don't think that's as likely to be coming from a town-mindset. It's actually been a bit of a trend in recent memory around here -- baddies indignantly discrediting townies whom they think people might not listen to for their reputations (it has happened to Silverwolf multiple times lately and Matt in this game). Illyria called Matt a town read and still completely shat in his Corn Flakes as he was eviscerating a confirmed baddie. I don't think that's ideal.

I gave Matt the opportunity to provide his own input about Illyria's reference to a different game to justify her discrediting. He didn't seem inspired either:
Matt wrote:3J - I mistakenly hounded Illy for days in "Downton" Mafia because of an initial ping I had on her having btsc. I mistakenly took "btsc = bad" when in her case, in that particular game, it wasn't.

Short story. I was wrong on her being bad. I was 100% correct on her having btsc.

Elo and Illy BOTH, in this game, discredited my instincts by saying how wrong I was in Downton, without acknowledging that I was in fact, kinda right. When I brought this up, neither of them responded and Illy was shortly replaced by Mac thereafter.

Question - Why say I have bad instincts (which, to be fair, I absolutely do) while citing a game in which I was actually pretty much right on the money (with the exception of alignment) ?

Derp.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nijuukyugou wrote:Well, hot damn.
DrumBeats wrote:Conspiracy theory: What if it is 1 town, 1 mafia, and 1 independent (Process)?
Could be.
Nerolunar wrote:I think it´s 2 town, 1 mafia. I don´t think we will have 33% change to lynch the Process at any point in this game except for maybe Lylo. Would be too easy to lynch the Process then.
Could be.

OR

What do these names have in common? They are three names in alphabetical order, taken from the player list. I think it's random in regards to alignment, because Epi is an evil bastard who I know is getting a kick out of this. Those combinations above could be correct. One could be Process, two civ. Two could be mafia, one could be civ. Hell, all three could be civ. Regardless, this is a most unfortunate poll, and I (and everyone) will need to think carefully about this.
I concur. That they're alphabetical makes me think it's a bad idea to draw conclusions about the alignment-distribution in this three player set. They could be anything -- all bad, all good, some of each, whatever. We're reduced to this pool of options though. Based on my interactive analyses, Nerolunar would seem the best choice. There's still time to review and field a conversation though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Young Lady wrote:This Young Lady dislikes that Wiggly is posting like.
This Young Lady also dislikes the poll options Ursula, Mooney, or Picture of Motion.
Scans Young Lady

Results: This is true. We believe Young Lady is in league with one of these options, and Town should eliminate all three in the next few phases just to be safe.

Once the day is over, we believe our existence will cease or will be taken over by the Process. Again, we beg of you, do not trust any Cells, Young Ladies, or Socks in general. Up to and including us.
To be recycled
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:I doubt that Epi would put one of each on the poll, thus narrowing down the Process to one of three. I also agree with Nero that it's probably not all civs. I think MP is civ, and JJJ made a pretty good case for Ninja not being Elo's teammate, so Nero is looking the worst of the three to me right now.
What did you like about what I had to say in my niju review?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nerolunar wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

Its not me. For real.

I didn´t. I barely considered Elohcin. I was/am detached with the game and afraid to bandwagon, especially after what happened with Zebra. Im still growing as a player and sometimes my judgment sucks. People say that the mafia will always appear more calculated and that civs normally are more laid back - I have not calculated much this game at all and now its ironically biting me in the ass.
Who would you want to see lynched today if we had all of the players in the poll?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

A process element. I know it´s the easy way out but I believe the time is ripe.
ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

agleaminranks wrote:I also was not entirely convinced you were silenced. I thought it possible some people could be faking it, like yourself, to try and not arouse suspicion. In fact, after Matt was nightkilled last night (the person I suspected first), I thought it even more likely that you would have been faking it by setting up two of my suspicions as nightkills and attempting to frame me. In fact it really does feel like someone now is trying to frame my position.
To ensure I understand you: you feel you're being framed because players you have suspected have been nightkilled? That would suggest baddies are inclined to kill the people they claim to suspect in the game and that you're being smeared to bear that appearance. This is a curious concept to me, because typically discussions of whether someone has been framed come from the opposite mindset: when players are night killed after having themselves suspected the player in question.

I do think baddies kill their pretend suspects sometimes, but I don't think it's such a common strategy that it should be reason to be concerned about being framed. Please expand on your mindset here and try to illustrate exactly what you think the baddies are trying to do with you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Also, Mac maybe. Based on some things that have been said about Illyria I don´t feel good about that spot.
ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm glad the 24-hour phase wasn't accurate, assuming the current poll deadline is correct. I didn't even notice that in the night post, I would have completely missed the vote. :ninja:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:I went though everything MP said about Elo leading up to her almost lynch and her actual lynch and have a very strong suspicion that he is bad because of it. On the surface he looks town for trying to start that CFD before EoD but I don't buy it and actually think he's trying to look town instead of being town.

Could you point to the specific posts that inspire this reaction from you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

kneel4justice wrote:Also, JJJ: While you went back and evaluated my posts on Eloh, you forgot to put me on your list.
I tacked you on verbally after I realized I'd forgotten you. I called you a slight town read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Also, JJJ: While you went back and evaluated my posts on Eloh, you forgot to put me on your list.
I tacked you on verbally after I realized I'd forgotten you. I called you a slight town read.
We would disagree.

kneel4justice has stated he does not agree with Drumbeats' proposal that the poll is one mafia, one civ, and the Process, because that would be outing players and would be unfair. Yet, he also wonders aloud if all three could be civilian. In our opinion, that would be unfair.

We believe kneel4justice is attempting to protect one of these options. Watch him, and his vote, closely.
To be recycled
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Report on Errors

According to our most recent poll, 97% of citizens claim they have experienced some manner of hosting error. These errors range from entire outages to automatically inputting the incorrect clock setting to demarcate the end of the Day. Fortunately, 89% of respondents say they are satisfied with the corrective efforts made following these issues. Satisfaction is always the goal, even if your questions have gone unanswered.

Errors made: 1

Comment? >_
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

Badcell wrote:
Young Lady wrote:This Young Lady dislikes that Wiggly is posting like.
Scans Young Lady

Results: This is true. We believe Young Lady is in league with one of these options, and Town should eliminate all three in the next few phases just to be safe.

Once the day is over, we believe our existence will cease or will be taken over by the Process. Again, we beg of you, do not trust any Cells, Young Ladies, or Socks in general. Up to and including us.
This Young Lady dislikes Probeys opinion of her.
This Young Lady has been the same since her existence was created to destroy the Dark Master.
This Young Lady distrusts Probey and believes it would be beneficial to terminate it.
This Young Lady believes Ursula, Mooney, or Picture of Motion is Probey and serves the Dark Master.
Supervisor
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'm here! Going to catch up shortly.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”