Psych Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

[THIS IS LYLO -- VOTES ARE NOT CHANGEABLE!!!] Who will you feed to Billy's pet panther?

BigDamnHero
No votes
birdwithteeth11
23%
Elohcin
No votes
Clizby!!! (hosts, deadies, non-players)
77%

Total votes: 13
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144

Re: Psych Mafia [Day 6]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Epignosis wrote:Image

Keep reading.
Oh I am. I just finished catching up.

For now, I'm leaving my vote on Scotty. I'm nervous about it, especially given how wrong we've been. But I just don't yet have another case on someone else that makes me feel strong enough to change my vote.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

BigDamnHero wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If you want to go in that direction, I will support you. I went through (half of) bwt and gave my opinion, but if you feel differently, I'm willing to back you up.

Plus it'd be a relief for someone else to get shit if you're wrong. ;)

FUck it...I'm just throwin' it out there: I have a STRONG indication that BWT is a role with secrets attached to him...it's the ONLY explaination I can come up with. That leaves me to believe thag if he's not civ, then he's a crooked cop or Despereaux (who may or may not be able to assist the civs). The problem is all the damn secrets and we don't know what we don't know...
What makes you think my role has secrets? I'd prefer to hear your thought process on this, because right now there's NOTHING I can say to any of this.

I mean, if you really do think I'm bad, I'd at least prefer to hear why before you stick a vote on me. :shrug:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:I vote more people follow Epi and vote me. In fact, I'll be the first. One of the longest weeks of my life, and I don't have energy to try to save this game. So lynch me, and please, for the love of God, do 2 things when I die:

1) Lynch timmer. THat way we'll have done at least one thing right this game.
2) Dethrone Epi as King of the Thread. I mean, it was a pretty inactive game, and someone had to fill the void, so in that respect Epi is helping. But he's wrong, and the vast majority of the thread is treating his word like gold. It lets baddies skate by when 2/3 of voters say "Oh sure, whatever Epi said. That'll be good."
Well if you really are civ, then wouldn't you at least try to find a replacement?

Is there anyone else you think would be worthwhile for us to vote for today? I have my own top suspicions, but given how pisspoor most of the votes have gone so far, I'm trying to keep an open mind about this.

And I do agree with the last statement to an extent. Especially if we dealt with early inactive baddies. Because if we have players who are simply following his lead, then it gives the baddies an avenue to follow for sure.

I just happen to agree with him a lot this game is all. Which given our track record so far may or may not be a good thing. :sigh:
Why I'm not being replaced: I'm still able to be active in the game. I just don't have the emotional energy to make the long, impassioned speeches that would change people's minds, and frankly, I think it's too late for the civs regardless. Best case, we can just play spoiler for one of the baddie factions.

Also, if I got replaced, Epi would just insist that any role that got replaced twice is even MORE likely to be bad and that poor schmo would take 5 instant votes.

I've already stated I think we should vote timmer. Are people seriously not getting that I suspect him? Because I feel like I've been abundantly clear. Is anyone even reading my posts? Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb....

Yeah, it's one thing to agree with Epi some of the time. It's another thing for 3-4 people to be taking every word he says as gold when he's already led one mislynch and is on his way to #2. I honestly don't know if he's bad or good, but the blind following is absolutely bad. He's human and subject to making errors like the rest of us, and he needs to be treated as such even though he writes very convincingly.

Linki: BWT, vote for me instead! I'm bad for the same reasons as Scotty (being a replacement and Scotty not suspecting me when he replaced in), and I've led a mislynch (Scotty 1.0), which Scotty hasn't done. Plus if I get lynched someone might be able to convince people to stop following Epi and to lynch timmer. Whereas if/when Scotty dies, either everyone will drink more of Epi's Kool-Aid (if Scotty is bad), or, if he's good, no one will quite know what to do next - enter Epi, Master Idea-Haver and Bestower of Cases.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:And I do agree with the last statement to an extent. Especially if we dealt with early inactive baddies. Because if we have players who are simply following his lead, then it gives the baddies an avenue to follow for sure.
That's not true and now you're making a mockery of yourself.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Russtifinko wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:I vote more people follow Epi and vote me. In fact, I'll be the first. One of the longest weeks of my life, and I don't have energy to try to save this game. So lynch me, and please, for the love of God, do 2 things when I die:

1) Lynch timmer. THat way we'll have done at least one thing right this game.
2) Dethrone Epi as King of the Thread. I mean, it was a pretty inactive game, and someone had to fill the void, so in that respect Epi is helping. But he's wrong, and the vast majority of the thread is treating his word like gold. It lets baddies skate by when 2/3 of voters say "Oh sure, whatever Epi said. That'll be good."
Well if you really are civ, then wouldn't you at least try to find a replacement?

Is there anyone else you think would be worthwhile for us to vote for today? I have my own top suspicions, but given how pisspoor most of the votes have gone so far, I'm trying to keep an open mind about this.

And I do agree with the last statement to an extent. Especially if we dealt with early inactive baddies. Because if we have players who are simply following his lead, then it gives the baddies an avenue to follow for sure.

I just happen to agree with him a lot this game is all. Which given our track record so far may or may not be a good thing. :sigh:
Why I'm not being replaced: I'm still able to be active in the game. I just don't have the emotional energy to make the long, impassioned speeches that would change people's minds, and frankly, I think it's too late for the civs regardless. Best case, we can just play spoiler for one of the baddie factions.

I understand that feeling. I've been in the same boat myself multiple times. And mathematically, it's still not over for the civs! But I think we're in big trouble if we don't get this lynch right.

Also, if I got replaced, Epi would just insist that any role that got replaced twice is even MORE likely to be bad and that poor schmo would take 5 instant votes.

While I did agree with Epig about a lot of things, I'm with you on this one as I stated previously. I don't get the logic myself.

I've already stated I think we should vote timmer. Are people seriously not getting that I suspect him? Because I feel like I've been abundantly clear. Is anyone even reading my posts? Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb....

I get why you suspect him. I suspect him myself. I just think based on some of what he's said in this phase, that I think it's less likely that he's bad.

Yeah, it's one thing to agree with Epi some of the time. It's another thing for 3-4 people to be taking every word he says as gold when he's already led one mislynch and is on his way to #2. I honestly don't know if he's bad or good, but the blind following is absolutely bad. He's human and subject to making errors like the rest of us, and he needs to be treated as such even though he writes very convincingly.

Yep. Stated my feelings on this earlier as well. Just because I agree with him a LOT this game doesn't mean the man is infallible.

Linki: BWT, vote for me instead! I'm bad for the same reasons as Scotty (being a replacement and Scotty not suspecting me when he replaced in), and I've led a mislynch (Scotty 1.0), which Scotty hasn't done. Plus if I get lynched someone might be able to convince people to stop following Epi and to lynch timmer. Whereas if/when Scotty dies, either everyone will drink more of Epi's Kool-Aid (if Scotty is bad), or, if he's good, no one will quite know what to do next - enter Epi, Master Idea-Haver and Bestower of Cases.

I understand your point of view here. But the part that concerns me is if this actually happens. Say you get lynched and come up civ. And then say Epig takes the heat for your death and gets lynched on Day 7, then turns up civ. Wouldn't that defeat the entire point of this argument?

If you really are civ, then I implore you to try and save yourself. Because if you are, and we mislynch again the following day, then the game probably IS over. And I want to do anything to keep that from happening right now.
Linki: Epig, how is that not a possibility of being true?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:And I do agree with the last statement to an extent. Especially if we dealt with early inactive baddies. Because if we have players who are simply following his lead, then it gives the baddies an avenue to follow for sure.
I tagged the wrong bit.
Russtifinko wrote:Also, if I got replaced, Epi would just insist that any role that got replaced twice is even MORE likely to be bad and that poor schmo would take 5 instant votes.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Okay. Nevermind with my linki part then.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Okay. Nevermind with my linki part then.
BDH has expressed suspicion of you despite my opinion. That means something to me. You need to convince you are not the way to go.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143

Post by BigDamnHero »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If you want to go in that direction, I will support you. I went through (half of) bwt and gave my opinion, but if you feel differently, I'm willing to back you up.

FUck it...I'm just throwin' it out there: I have a STRONG indication that BWT is a role with secrets attached to him...it's the ONLY explaination I can come up with. That leaves me to believe thag if he's not civ, then he's a crooked cop or Despereaux (who may or may not be able to assist the civs). The problem is all the damn secrets and we don't know what we don't know...
What makes you think my role has secrets? I'd prefer to hear your thought process on this, because right now there's NOTHING I can say to any of this.

I mean, if you really do think I'm bad, I'd at least prefer to hear why before you stick a vote on me. :shrug:
We'll that's the trick, isn't it...IF I received any info or Intel, I couldn't says so as it would be in violation of the rules. As it stands, I received NO INFO WHATSOEVER on you...of this were a 5 question pop quiz, I got ZERO. And that's why I'm concerned...and that's why I think your role has secrets. And your avoidance, while neither confirming nor denying the claimed role secrets does not instill confidence in my of your civiness. I think I have to vote you this round...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

BigDamnHero wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:

We'll that's the trick, isn't it...IF I received any info or Intel, I couldn't says so as it would be in violation of the rules. As it stands, I received NO INFO WHATSOEVER on you...of this were a 5 question pop quiz, I got ZERO. And that's why I'm concerned...and that's why I think your role has secrets. And your avoidance, while neither confirming nor denying the claimed role secrets does not instill confidence in my of your civiness. I think I have to vote you this round...
So because you know something you can't publicly reveal, you have to vote for me?

I mean, I'm not really sure what I can say to defend myself against that. And there's nothing in-thread that you can point to that has made you come to this conclusion?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Okay. Nevermind with my linki part then.
BDH has expressed suspicion of you despite my opinion. That means something to me. You need to convince you are not the way to go.
How though? He planted a vote on me and it's entirely based off of something he can't publicly reveal in-thread.

If there's something he can point to, I can comment on that. But I'm not sure what I can do to convince someone to not vote for me if they either won't or can't reveal what it is.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I tagged the wrong bit.
Russtifinko wrote:Also, if I got replaced, Epi would just insist that any role that got replaced twice is even MORE likely to be bad and that poor schmo would take 5 instant votes.
Sorry, meant to use sarcastic orange and forgot. Please forgive me, Divine Leader!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Also, I didnt say that first quote you quoted. :?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: So because you know something you can't publicly reveal, you have to vote for me?

I mean, I'm not really sure what I can say to defend myself against that. And there's nothing in-thread that you can point to that has made you come to this conclusion?
You're right...there's nothing you really can say...not do I expect you to...but at the same time, I'm not taking up a call to arms and rallying everybody to vote the same way either.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by insertnamehere »

BigDamnHero wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:

So, you're a type of role who can check for a certain type of information, but when you tried to check BWT, you got no result back?

Blink twice if I'm right.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

insertnamehere wrote: Blink twice if I'm right.
:huh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I moved my vote to birdwithteeth11.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

:huh:

:disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm wrong, talk to me. Why am I wrong? Who is bad?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have locked this thread to prevent further discussion while I write this post to address this issue...

There has been a clear violation of the rules here. I find myself in a position where I have to decide do I mod kill someone for this infraction (which in turn is essentially helping the baddies and unduly influencing the game) or do I allow this player to continue playing I have decided I am going to allow this player to continue playing, with the understanding that info dumping is against the rules and I will not allow this to occur a second time. I believe that outing their role will balance itself out by nature of the game itself.

However, BWT is now in a position where the the only way he can defend himself against an infodump would be to allow him to respond in kind. He has not done so because he is not violating the rules. I am sending him a message now allowing him to talk about this particular situation only, and I want it to be clear that this in no way means anyone can just reveal info on their roles or items as they please.

Additionally, the host posts are written for flavor, i would discourage you from reading into them too much.

I will now unlock the thread again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

voting for Elo, as I'd like to give BWT a chance to come back from this
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I will comment on what has happened. But I am PMing the hostess first to make sure I don't create any further rule violations by what I say.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I will comment on what has happened. But I am PMing the hostess first to make sure I don't create any further rule violations by what I say.
She just said you wouldn't, though, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Russtifinko wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I will comment on what has happened. But I am PMing the hostess first to make sure I don't create any further rule violations by what I say.
She just said you wouldn't, though, right?
Correct. But I just want to cross my T's and dot my I's so I know all is good.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm honestly not sure if what BDH said is necessarily alignment indicative in a game with a bunch of crazy weird items.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

BDH, I know how you think you got info on me. The item I was holding at the time was the necklace. It was an item that was auto-activated based on you using your ability on me. I did not actively choose to use the item at that time, so it wasn't like I was holding it for some strategical moment to happen and then me use the item because it benefited me in a certain scenario.

Based on what information you received, what specific part of it makes you believe I am bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't understand what any of this means.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And of course, this would happen now...

I cannot stay around and comment anymore. One of my fellow assistant store managers just sent me a text and our store just lost half of our refrigeration. I have to drive back in (and be back at 6AM tomorrow no less), so I need to get going. Sorry I can't say any more but at this point my store comes first.

I swear I can't make this stuff up... :evileye:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm completely clueless what's going on.

Some people know things, and can't info dump, but might have provided too much to "help the baddies" which leads me to question if the player in question is actually cleared.

The items? I dunno.

I'm just voting to save myself.

Although, bwt going through the motions of looking at the information that I have provided, is fine standing pat with a vote on me.

Cool, I'll move my vote over to him.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also @RUSS
you can't vote yourself, Chico. Might as well vote somewhere else instead of inviting a lynch. I know you seem to have given up, but the civs have not lost yet.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Fwiw, I believe BWT's explanation. Not to say that makes him good per se, but if I'm reading this right,it's not alignment indicative and people should disregard the evidence BDH is putting forth.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Scotty wrote:Also @RUSS
you can't vote yourself, Chico. Might as well vote somewhere else instead of inviting a lynch. I know you seem to have given up, but the civs have not lost yet.
I guess....

Voting Elo for now. I don't see anything separating her and BWT if we disregard the info dump, and maybe the votes should reflect that? I also don't have any reason to vote Scotty.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

i just think it's shitty to lynch BWT right now.

I've been on the receiving end of info dumps like this as a civ and a baddie, and it's never fair.

From what I've been able to piece together, it sounds like BDH checked BWT and got no result back. BWT has what sounds like a reasonable explanation to me, especially because of the crazy items in this game.

Even if BWT was bad, I wouldn't feel good about lynching him for BDH's infodump. It feels unsportsmanly.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Russtifinko wrote:
Scotty wrote:Also @RUSS
I guess....

Voting Elo for now. I don't see anything separating her and BWT if we disregard the info dump, and maybe the votes should reflect that? I also don't have any reason to vote Scotty.
I hate to say "This" when I've been attacking people for doing the same, but I gotta do it here.

THIS
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

I'm in b the middle of a football game...BWT explaination satisfies my quarries. Changing my vote to timmer...I'll post a longer explaination later...if I'm still around. Apologies for any part I may have played in the current situations.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Fudge nuggets.

Changing to Elo to save myself.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Anyone wanna CFD to timmer to join BDH?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So Eloh is going out after all that.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DharmaHelper »

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:So Eloh is going out after all that.
Not my first choice.

Who would you rather vote for? Would you follow BDH down timmer highway?

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DFaraday »

I don't see the case on Eloh, and that it came out of nowhere makes me think it's a save attempt. Voting Scotty.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:So Eloh is going out after all that.
Not my first choice.

Who would you rather vote for? Would you follow BDH down timmer highway?
On the basis of what? I trusted BDH based on what he said about bwt. His vote for timmer is a last minute second placed vote.

And now there's a tie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:I don't see the case on Eloh, and that it came out of nowhere makes me think it's a save attempt. Voting Scotty.
Of course it's a save attempt. IM TRYING TO SAVE MYSELF

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not moving. Let this decide who dies.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not moving. Let this decide who dies.
:sigh:

This would be quite the anticlimactic way to go

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If I die, I got nothing on who to lynch next.

Also, wonder who yin and yang are going to kill today. Please be nice and kill a cop.

Scotty out.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Night 6 - Parent Teacher Conferences

Abigail hummed to herself as she sat behind her desk, looking over the homework handed in by her students. She was just a kindergarten teacher so it's not like she was grading ten page essays, it was pretty much just seeing if they could identify colors and the like. There was a banging on her classroom door and she looked up in surprise as a small group of very angry looking people burst in. "It's time for a parent teacher conference, you evil baddie you," declared birdwithteeth11. They quickly bludgeoned her to death with her own three hole punch. It was bloody. The janitor was displeased later when he had to clean up the mess, especially given the fact that she wasn't even bad to begin with. Now Shawn had managed to lose two girlfriends in one game. What a shame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scotty 2.0 has been lynched. He was Abigail Lytar.

No one was killed by Yin & Yang.

You have until 10 PM EST to turn in your night actions, safe codes and any gifting or using of items to both hosts please.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Psych Mafia [Night 6]

Post by Scotty »

lol cya. Good luck civs. Ya gonna need it

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

At this point I would like to request everyone does a quick refresher of the rules, here is the link for easy access. Also, the original post has been updated with revealed role information.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”