No votes

Total votes: 0
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Re: MAD MAX: Day 9

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:Permission to go to WIFOM land, sir!
If that's where you must go to answer my request, permission granted. :noble:

I don't mean to be a bossy ass y'all. It's just that I'm mister confirmed townie and I have the advantage of being able to focus solely on figuring out the game instead of convincing people I'm not Satan like I would be in most Day 9s.
Dom
I voted Dom the last three days. I constructed a case of my own that people did not disagree with and I kept pushing it and letting it evolve even when it had the most momentum. He has literally not left my sights, which I guess you picked up on in your earlier analysis of my votes.

Epignosis
I do not avoid my teammates when I'm bad. I try my best to have elaborate conversations with as many people and topics as I can so that my interactions with my teammates are as difficult to identify as possible. I think I am a smart baddie.

I'm not talking about Sloonei, at least until I've looked at his interactions to see whether he actually could be Dom's teammate.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Quin and I are not baddie teammates. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Quin wrote:I'm not talking about Sloonei, at least until I've looked at his interactions to see whether he actually could be Dom's teammate.
*chews fingernails off*
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:linki: We lynch Dom. That absolutely has to happen.
Why is Dom an absolute must lynch?
Because he is the only person I have a clear-cut case for. The strength of my case against Epi hinges on Dom's flip, otherwise it's just a PoE thing. I don't even have a scum case for Sloonei or LoRab right now.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Quin's confidence about Dom is not sitting well with me right now. He is encouraging me to be skeptical and open-minded about everyone right now, and that's a good townie mindset, but I'd expect him, and other townies, to be approaching a Day 9 lylo with the same level of skepticism. But Quin has put all his eggs in the Dom basket and I do not like it. I'm not sure I town read Dom or scum read Quin, but this is a thing that's happening right now and I don't like it.
I am trying to earn your Dom vote. Dom will not talk to me about my case. I have repeatedly questioned him and he will not do it. There is no feasible reason why I would consider not reading him as bad right now. I have never been this confident about a read before, but I know that it's being met with doubt.

linki: We lynch Dom. That absolutely has to happen.
Earn my vote by convincing me. I know you've already said plenty about him, so feel free to just point me in the direction of your highlight posts.
I'll set tonight aside to hammer out the best possible case I can.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think you both look town. You just look town. I already said why I feel good about LoRab and I really haven't been inspired to reassess that. INH is never on Glorfindel's team.

So... I feel like this is finished. I'll see what Epi has to say tomorrow, and I'm always willing to hear Dom out too. That's where I'm at though.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm too paranoid to dismiss Quin or LoRab right now. But I'm also running on no sleep and still recovering from an election that happened, so I don't think I'm in prime mafia playing condition. I won't be doing any extensive digging tonight, but I can answer questions to the best of my abilities/energy level.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Best available indicator that each of you is town:

insertnamehere -- He survived a lynch which nobody was likely to stop, and he is confirmed not to be Cundalini. -- Very strong

LoRab -- She looked sterling, perhaps better than anyone, in her interactions with both Glorfindel and Elohcin. -- Strong

Sloonei -- He has nearly 700 posts, and he makes an awkward team mate of each other candidate. -- Good

Quin -- One of his first moves after rejoining the game was to go after Elohcin. -- Decent

Epignosis -- Zebra was a huge contributor and sounded genuine. -- Questionable

Dom -- At moments he has looked earnest and invested. -- Questionable

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epignosis -- Zebra was a huge contributor and sounded genuine. -- Questionable
"The best I've got for Epignosis is the person he replaced."

Sounds about right.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epignosis -- Zebra was a huge contributor and sounded genuine. -- Questionable

Sounds about right.
Yep.

Is there anything you've done that you feel warrants more credit?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Sounds about right.
Yep.

Is there anything you've done that you feel warrants more credit?
Not really.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hey 3J.
I'm not bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll take your testimony into consideration, thank you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll take your testimony into consideration, thank you.
:beer:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Here's my Dom case. It's a mess written over the course of a night while I watch my shows, but hopefully you can keep up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Epi, who you gonna vote for now that Mr Mac is dead?

Quin, who's your supposed 3 person scum team?
Glorfindel, Dom and Wilgy.

Mac didn't like the first two very much. I'm partial to your argument against Wilgy. They all need ISO's.

What's yours?
Dom began his 'Quin lied' thing here. The lie entails that I knowingly tried to go for an easy lynch against him based on the incorrect fact that Mac scum-read him. It's a case that could have been and was easily proven incorrect within a very small time-frame, and even if it weren't, it would hardly have been the thing that 'set him up' for the lynch, which is something he painted earlier here:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:Quin have you seen me lynched before?
I don't remember if I have.
So you had no idea how hard I fight back for survival.
You tried to set me up for an easy lynch because you saw me as low hanging fruit.
Answer my question. What is the advantage of lying that Mac scum-read you when I was able to be proven wrong so easily?
You didn't think I'd prove you wrong.
You thought I'd be an easy lynch.
Again, I've spelled this out. Just because you choose to ignore my pertinent posts doesn't mean that I didn't make them.
He's twisted a mistake into a case that assumes that I (and by extension, anyone) would be so sloppy a baddie that I would make up patently false cases just because I don't know the track record of the person I was 'setting up'. He also tried to push the case to suggest that I'm suspicious because I didn't research reads made in a GTH scenario:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Quin lied about me tho
Is there no possible reality apart from "Quin deliberately promoted falsehoods about me"?
i think he could have just not researched it at all bc he thought it'd be an easy lynch
------------------------------------------------------------------

I questioned Dom about the contradiction that he saw within Sloonei's decision to withhold more scum-reads than he had. He responded by flinging poop at both me and Sloonei for performing a coordinated attack on him when neither of us had expressed suspicion for his thoughts on the matter.
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:I do not understand why Dom is connecting open-mindedness with lack of scum hunting.
Because he is literally contradicting himself?!?!?!

No one is listening to me at all. If you're really interested in hearing me out, you'd read my damn posts and NOT suddenly decide it's lynch Dom day and ignore half the things I've said. How many people keep saying they're going to "give me a read"? I've yet to see one ISO.
Please show me the contradiction.
1) you never answered my question
2) you did not vote for Glorfindel
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:I do not understand why Dom is connecting open-mindedness with lack of scum hunting.
Citation needed.
^

This is all so blatantly coordinated.
In hindsight, this dialogue is suspicious given that Glorfindel was bad. I can interpret this dialogue as though Dom was trying to get Sloonei to give more names so that he could push against someone who wasn't his teammate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also noted a trend in Dom's posts in that he would lash out when:

1) He was pressed for ill-explained answers
2) He received answers to questions that he didn't like

Occurences of that happening are in this post

His only response to this was to discredit it by suggesting that his dialogue with LoRab was 'not comparable', even though the themes were identical:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:Here's that ISO Dom was itching for. Every occurrence of one of the two codes I mentioned earlier in his posts:
<<SNIP FOR BREVITY>>

I voted for Dom. I would like him to talk about his case against me.
I don't really think the LoRab case is comparable in any fashion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other not-really-part-of-the-major-case-against-him-but-are-still-of-note include:

This post is suspicious on its own, for the reasons I've underlined.
Dom wrote:I do not suspect Elohcin.
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorry folks, I forgot this game had started! :D
Glorf, I hope your mum feels better soon. :)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
You are bad.
Reason?
You have no logical or rational inner gameplay personality here. You are doing what you believe will get people to stop suspecting you, not what you think will catch baddies.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Rico, this isn't some kind of in-depth investigation. You were correct about Mac in the most recent game you two played together. You seemed to be, to me anyway, inevitably fixating on him to an unhealthy degree. It appeared very possible to me that you were generating content for the sake of it. I now believe that explanation to be less likely given your hyperfocus on this.

This is mafia. I appreciate hard evidence, but I don't need to go back and visit other games to see whether the premise is true or not. I just made a gut assessment on what I thought was happening in the moment.
....who tf is this guy????

I doubt that you are sincerely formulating an opinion based around someone's ability to read someone with a data set of 1 game. This is not logical, rational MP talking.
You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Joke MP. Zero logic. Not taking allegations seriously.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
Logical MP. Out to take an easy target out.

No coherent personality, doing whatever is most expedient in the moment.
MovingPictures07 wrote:a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
LoRab
Neil Hartley
Ricochet
Sloonei
S~V~S

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
motel room
Scotty
sprityo
Straight out of his Romance Playbook-- buddying up to me.
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:jjj i can see your perspective, but you're wrong. :sigh: i'm civ.
Why did you have so little to say about Glorf on Days 1-5?
idk tbh
Honestly, because I found nothing of note. It's not a good answer, or a helpful one, but it's a true one.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

He's also been avoiding discussing really any of this in a discourse that can actually be defined as that. I want to be careful not to paint him taking the backseat in the thread as suspicious, because he seems to be going through some stuff, but I am keeping it in mind.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:It is interesting that we aren't being told who the target was this time. My first thought is that G-man simply doesn't want to clear anyone at this stage in the game. Two confirmed townies walking around at lylo makes this a tough job for the baddies.
I find it more odd that we were explicitly told that the target was protected. Not that the kill failed, but they were protected.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin: I want you to show me why I shouldn't consider you a team mate of Sloonei, Dom, or Epignosis.

Sloonei: I want you to show me why I shouldn't consider you a team mate of Quin, Dom, or Epignosis.

Dom: I want you to show me why I shouldn't consider you a team mate of Sloonei, Quin, or Epignosis.
Sloonei - Day 6
Quin - Day 6
Epignosis - I would like to lynch him.
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote: Quin, what is substantial about this
You tell me. That post had nothing to do with my read.
Right. Only my posts need be substantial.
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Quin's confidence about Dom is not sitting well with me right now. He is encouraging me to be skeptical and open-minded about everyone right now, and that's a good townie mindset, but I'd expect him, and other townies, to be approaching a Day 9 lylo with the same level of skepticism. But Quin has put all his eggs in the Dom basket and I do not like it. I'm not sure I town read Dom or scum read Quin, but this is a thing that's happening right now and I don't like it.
I am trying to earn your Dom vote. Dom will not talk to me about my case. I have repeatedly questioned him and he will not do it. There is no feasible reason why I would consider not reading him as bad right now. I have never been this confident about a read before, but I know that it's being met with doubt.

linki: We lynch Dom. That absolutely has to happen.
Dom has responded, you just don't like his responses. Dom has asked you to repost questions-- you do not comply. You seem to be uninterested in a dialogue with Dom and more interested with lynching Dom.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:Here's my Dom case. It's a mess written over the course of a night while I watch my shows, but hopefully you can keep up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Epi, who you gonna vote for now that Mr Mac is dead?

Quin, who's your supposed 3 person scum team?
Glorfindel, Dom and Wilgy.

Mac didn't like the first two very much. I'm partial to your argument against Wilgy. They all need ISO's.

What's yours?
Dom began his 'Quin lied' thing here. The lie entails that I knowingly tried to go for an easy lynch against him based on the incorrect fact that Mac scum-read him. It's a case that could have been and was easily proven incorrect within a very small time-frame, and even if it weren't, it would hardly have been the thing that 'set him up' for the lynch, which is something he painted earlier here:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:Quin have you seen me lynched before?
I don't remember if I have.
So you had no idea how hard I fight back for survival.
You tried to set me up for an easy lynch because you saw me as low hanging fruit.
Answer my question. What is the advantage of lying that Mac scum-read you when I was able to be proven wrong so easily?
You didn't think I'd prove you wrong.
You thought I'd be an easy lynch.
Again, I've spelled this out. Just because you choose to ignore my pertinent posts doesn't mean that I didn't make them.
He's twisted a mistake into a case that assumes that I (and by extension, anyone) would be so sloppy a baddie that I would make up patently false cases just because I don't know the track record of the person I was 'setting up'. He also tried to push the case to suggest that I'm suspicious because I didn't research reads made in a GTH scenario:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Quin lied about me tho
Is there no possible reality apart from "Quin deliberately promoted falsehoods about me"?
i think he could have just not researched it at all bc he thought it'd be an easy lynch
We came to a conclusion on that. I still think you either:
A) didn't care about the truth
B) explicitly lied
I don't know what to tell you. it wasn't really GTH. GTH-- you don't normally supply reasons for your reads.
Quin wrote:------------------------------------------------------------------

I questioned Dom about the contradiction that he saw within Sloonei's decision to withhold more scum-reads than he had. He responded by flinging poop at both me and Sloonei for performing a coordinated attack on him when neither of us had expressed suspicion for his thoughts on the matter.
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:

No one is listening to me at all. If you're really interested in hearing me out, you'd read my damn posts and NOT suddenly decide it's lynch Dom day and ignore half the things I've said. How many people keep saying they're going to "give me a read"? I've yet to see one ISO.
Please show me the contradiction.
1) you never answered my question
2) you did not vote for Glorfindel
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Citation needed.
^

This is all so blatantly coordinated.
In hindsight, this dialogue is suspicious given that Glorfindel was bad. I can interpret this dialogue as though Dom was trying to get Sloonei to give more names so that he could push against someone who wasn't his teammate.
That was not my intention. i thought Sloonei was pushing Epi for more reads simply because he wanted to set Epi up for a lynch. At the time, I was not suspicious of him yet.
Now, I felt very ganged up on this whole night. Throughout DAy 6, i felt very attacked and that no one was trying to listen to me. That is frustrating. I made some lousy conclusions based on that.
Quin wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also noted a trend in Dom's posts in that he would lash out when:

1) He was pressed for ill-explained answers
2) He received answers to questions that he didn't like

Occurences of that happening are in this post

His only response to this was to discredit it by suggesting that his dialogue with LoRab was 'not comparable', even though the themes were identical:
Dom wrote:
Quin wrote:Here's that ISO Dom was itching for. Every occurrence of one of the two codes I mentioned earlier in his posts:
<<SNIP FOR BREVITY>>

I voted for Dom. I would like him to talk about his case against me.
I don't really think the LoRab case is comparable in any fashion.
I don't see the the LoRab case as comparable in any fashion.
Quin wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other not-really-part-of-the-major-case-against-him-but-are-still-of-note include:

This post is suspicious on its own, for the reasons I've underlined.
Dom wrote:I do not suspect Elohcin.
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorry folks, I forgot this game had started! :D
Glorf, I hope your mum feels better soon. :)
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Glorfindel. Wishing the best!

I'll hop on the MacDougall policy lynch. Why not? :slick:
Let's start with "why". What's the policy behind your vote to lynch Mac?
Shits and giggles. :nicenod:
You are bad.
Reason?
You have no logical or rational inner gameplay personality here. You are doing what you believe will get people to stop suspecting you, not what you think will catch baddies.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Eh? I don't think we're seeing eye to eye here. I was merely expressing agreement that it seemed like you were trying to generate content.

Yes, that's the hypothesis. Based on the implication that all I'd need to do to hunt Mac is just that, given a good history of "reading him well". But that implication is false.

So how can you merely express agreement at something not backed up by its logic?
Rico, this isn't some kind of in-depth investigation. You were correct about Mac in the most recent game you two played together. You seemed to be, to me anyway, inevitably fixating on him to an unhealthy degree. It appeared very possible to me that you were generating content for the sake of it. I now believe that explanation to be less likely given your hyperfocus on this.

This is mafia. I appreciate hard evidence, but I don't need to go back and visit other games to see whether the premise is true or not. I just made a gut assessment on what I thought was happening in the moment.
....who tf is this guy????

I doubt that you are sincerely formulating an opinion based around someone's ability to read someone with a data set of 1 game. This is not logical, rational MP talking.
You're right, it isn't logical, rational MP. I killed him.
Joke MP. Zero logic. Not taking allegations seriously.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
Logical MP. Out to take an easy target out.

No coherent personality, doing whatever is most expedient in the moment.
MovingPictures07 wrote:a2thezebra
Dom
MacDougall
LoRab
Neil Hartley
Ricochet
Sloonei
S~V~S

birdwithteeth11
DrWilgy
sanmateo

Elohcin
Epignosis
Glorfindel
insertnamehere
motel room
Scotty
sprityo
Straight out of his Romance Playbook-- buddying up to me.
Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:jjj i can see your perspective, but you're wrong. :sigh: i'm civ.
Why did you have so little to say about Glorf on Days 1-5?
idk tbh
Honestly, because I found nothing of note. It's not a good answer, or a helpful one, but it's a true one.
I've been wrong. A lot.
I am sorry for it, but I'm not bad for it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Epignosis - I would like to lynch him.
This doesn't mean much to me. Is there anything else you can think of? Also consider Zebra.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom's defense is uninspiring.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:Dom's defense is uninspiring.
What do you feel it lacks?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Conviction. I read everything he says as a figurative shrug. And he and Quin are continuing to insist that the other is refusing to engage in some sort of a dialogue about some aspect of their respective suspicions. I've seen more effort out of Quin to be open and receptive to that sort of thing. I am still paranoid about the low hanging fruit possibility, but I'm also beginning to wonder if Dom is intentionally cultivating that by coming off so disengaged. For all my back and forth paranoia, he seems most likely to get my vote right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What is preventing you from voting Epignosis or LoRab?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What is preventing you from voting Epignosis or LoRab?
Like I've said the biggest town mark I give to Epi is his big theory about Eloh not having active BTSC partners. This lead me to Glorfindel and it might work in theory for either Dom or Quin (or LoRab). He is still a suspect himself, but that's a thing I give him credit for.

LoRab has been a town read all game long with the exception of that one little hiccup on Day 3. I owe her a closer look here on Day 9 though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Epignosis - I would like to lynch him.
This doesn't mean much to me. Is there anything else you can think of? Also consider Zebra.
I got on well with Zebra if I remember correctly. I wasn't convinced Zebra was civ or bad, but leaned civ.

Here's the thing: I know I look bad. It's hard to defend against evidence that does (incorrectly) implicate you.
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Conviction. I read everything he says as a figurative shrug. And he and Quin are continuing to insist that the other is refusing to engage in some sort of a dialogue about some aspect of their respective suspicions. I've seen more effort out of Quin to be open and receptive to that sort of thing. I am still paranoid about the low hanging fruit possibility, but I'm also beginning to wonder if Dom is intentionally cultivating that by coming off so disengaged. For all my back and forth paranoia, he seems most likely to get my vote right now.
Let me clarify: I think Quin is willing to engage with me, but isn't willing to LISTEN to me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Let's return to this:
Elohcin wrote:Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
We've talked plenty about what this means for Glorfindel, but less about what it means for Quin. The wording of the sentence is awkward, but I read it this way:

Quin replaced a non-participant before Glorfindel was replaced. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.

Obviously she misspoke about Glorfindel being replaced, but that doesn't mean anything to me with regard to Quin. She specifically attempted to make Quin look worse than her team mate because of the order in which they were replaced.

I don't think this is an angle she is likely to take if they're both her team mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Let me clarify: I think Quin is willing to engage with me, but isn't willing to LISTEN to me.
Would you say you've shown a willingness to listen to Quin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am going to have a lot less time tomorrow than I do today. I hope we can move this discussion more than we have so far this Day 9.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I could get behind an Epi vote. His posts are consistent with how I could see him playing as a baddie. And looking back on Zebra, I could see that Zebra was bad, as well. Also, numbers.

Putting my vote there for the moment.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I was looking back at Zebra's posts and finding some renewed suspicion from our Day 2 argument. I called her out for taking the easy Rico bait, and she insisted I wasn't being genuine in that -- but she didn't actually call me suspicious until I'd noticed the discrepancy: calling me disingenuous without calling me a suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm fine being lynched. I really have no time to go through people's posts and say this or that about them. I was just able to log in now and I won't be home for most of tomorrow. I see I have three votes already.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:I could get behind an Epi vote. His posts are consistent with how I could see him playing as a baddie. And looking back on Zebra, I could see that Zebra was bad, as well. Also, numbers.

I'm not sure why my posts are consistent with how you think I play when I'm bad...I'm hardly playing.

Also numbers? The book of the Bible? Is there some verse about smiting me that I missed?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I get 3J's vote for me. I've been useless and apparently I fit his teammate model the best (although I'd like to think I'm a good enough bad guy to be teammate compatible with anyone at any time :dark: ).

Dom voted for me...why, I cannot tell. He didn't offer any clarifying reason when asked. I'll probably vote him back.

Lorab voted for me but didn't give any specifics, so that's not helpful.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game is probably over if this lynch goes awry.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: MAD MAX: Day 8

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

If Glofindel is bad, he's inert. Useless at this stage. He can be left alone for now.

If he's good (somehow), then lynching him is a bad deal.

Someone tell me I'm wrong about this. I'd rather lynch people who have votes that count.

I'm inclined to move my vote. :feb:
This is a smelly post.
Go on.
"Let's lynch someone who isn't my teammate!"
Who is my teammate Dom?

Answer that.
I haven't thought it through, but I don't like this post.
Has Dom thought it through yet, or does he still not like my post?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

@Dom - I tried to answer to your actual post but the post format just wasn't having it. Hopefully this will do.

Case one: You can call it what you will, the fact is that I made an on-the-spot read based on what information I could recall at that moment.

Case two: I could understand you drawing conclusions out of frustration if it weren't for the fact that neither I or Sloonei had actually suspected you. We wanted a dialogue. 'Antsy' would be a better way to describe your actions than 'frustrated', and they hold different connotations.

Case three: Why is the LoRab case not comparable? The themes are the same.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote:
LoRab wrote:I could get behind an Epi vote. His posts are consistent with how I could see him playing as a baddie. And looking back on Zebra, I could see that Zebra was bad, as well. Also, numbers.

I'm not sure why my posts are consistent with how you think I play when I'm bad...I'm hardly playing.

Also numbers? The book of the Bible? Is there some verse about smiting me that I missed?
Well, that you're not much playing is part of it.

And I'm so tempted to dig up a verse that makes a relavent point, but I'm way too tired. But let's just say something about a census, and knowing who is in which group, and there only being so many people who can be civies, and so many people who have to be baddies, and it being more likely that you're bad. Thus saith The G-Man.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Well, that you're not much playing is part of it.

And I'm so tempted to dig up a verse that makes a relavent point, but I'm way too tired. But let's just say something about a census, and knowing who is in which group, and there only being so many people who can be civies, and so many people who have to be baddies, and it being more likely that you're bad. Thus saith The G-Man.
That's fine. I can live with that.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:Let me clarify: I think Quin is willing to engage with me, but isn't willing to LISTEN to me.
Would you say you've shown a willingness to listen to Quin?
Lately-- yes.
Epignosis wrote:I get 3J's vote for me. I've been useless and apparently I fit his teammate model the best (although I'd like to think I'm a good enough bad guy to be teammate compatible with anyone at any time :dark: ).

Dom voted for me...why, I cannot tell. He didn't offer any clarifying reason when asked. I'll probably vote him back.

Lorab voted for me but didn't give any specifics, so that's not helpful.
Because you don't care who dies. Only thatt it hasn't been your teammate.s
You continually suggested we don't lynch the confirmed baddie in a LyLo situation.
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:CUNDALINI: A loyal member of Toecutter's gang and lucky too. He will survive his first brush with death (lynch or NK) but his vote will not count after that. He takes over if both Toecutter and Bubba are dead.

If Glofindel is bad, he's inert. Useless at this stage. He can be left alone for now.

If he's good (somehow), then lynching him is a bad deal.

Someone tell me I'm wrong about this. I'd rather lynch people who have votes that count.

I'm inclined to move my vote. :feb:
This is a smelly post.
Go on.
"Let's lynch someone who isn't my teammate!"
Who is my teammate Dom?

Answer that.
I haven't thought it through, but I don't like this post.
Has Dom thought it through yet, or does he still not like my post?
Not a fucking clue.
Don't need to knwo that to know you're bad though? This is fallacious at best.
Quin wrote:@Dom - I tried to answer to your actual post but the post format just wasn't having it. Hopefully this will do.

Case one: You can call it what you will, the fact is that I made an on-the-spot read based on what information I could recall at that moment.

Case two: I could understand you drawing conclusions out of frustration if it weren't for the fact that neither I or Sloonei had actually suspected you. We wanted a dialogue. 'Antsy' would be a better way to describe your actions than 'frustrated', and they hold different connotations.

Case three: Why is the LoRab case not comparable? The themes are the same.
1) I think this is just a misunderstanding at this point.

2) See that's not how I read it at all. I read it as you both trying to gun me down out of no where.

3) I don't think they are. I felt like I was being hanged in the public square wtih you two. LoRab and I were just shooting the breeze.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I voted 3J. At least there won't be a tie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis is clearly bad, so let's find that team mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epignosis is clearly bad, so let's find that team mate.
:beer:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quick question Jay- if I'm bad, does that mean I can stop posting?

Thank God.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:Quick question Jay- if I'm bad, does that mean I can stop posting?

Thank God.
I'm not your boss. If you'd like to divulge your team mate's identity though that'd be worth a post. :nicenod:

Good game, Mr. Gnosis.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Quick question Jay- if I'm bad, does that mean I can stop posting?

Thank God.
I'm not your boss. If you'd like to divulge your team mate's identity though that'd be worth a post. :nicenod:

Good game, Mr. Gnosis.
Thanks.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Based on my prior work, I think the likelihood of each other player being the last baddie can be ranked as follows (most to least likely):

Dom
Quin
Sloonei
LoRab
INH

There are four townies in that pile. If y'all put in the work, we'll win this game. And it'd be a heck of a comeback. Let's give it our best shot, eh? Don't let the last baddie outplay us.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Based on my prior work, I think the likelihood of each other player being the last baddie can be ranked as follows (most to least likely):

Dom
Quin
Sloonei
LoRab
INH

There are four townies in that pile. If y'all put in the work, we'll win this game. And it'd be a heck of a comeback. Let's give it our best shot, eh? Don't let the last baddie outplay us.
Oh, he will.

Or should I say she?

I don't know. :feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

idk how else to tell you i'm not bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:idk how else to tell you i'm not bad.
A good first step would be to stop trying. Defending yourself is less useful than finding the last baddie. That should be our only concern.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't struggle to see a reality where Quin is the last baddie and over the last two day phases he's been trying to force the win by mislynching Dom. I'm open to talking about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't struggle to see a reality where Quin is the last baddie and over the last two day phases he's been trying to force the win by mislynching Dom. I'm open to talking about that.
I have been voting for Dom since before we were in Lylo, so that's not it.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”