67%

Total votes: 12
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 1]

Post by sprityo »

This is me getting back to what i missed, mostly just letting off some steam from earlier, so i wouldnt mind it too much. Since the past has happened and well we cant exactly change it now.

Salt:
Spoiler: show
sprityo wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:As of right now, my vote will not be going to JoH, Soneji, DDL, LC, or Zebra.

I can't say who might have been lurking without posting at all, but the people who posted without commenting on any of the various playstyle arguments that were going on hot and heavy during Day 0. But I can say that Quin posted without participating, as did Glorf and sprityo.
ummmm. okay. let's take a step back here for a second:
sprityo wrote:What I'm getting at is the situation isn't this huge conflict. It's a statement, a joke, and it's only purpose as of now is generating content that we can't even use, it's more so being used to setup boundaries/groups of people for whatever reason
Quin wrote:
sprityo wrote:
Quin wrote:
sprityo wrote:What I'm getting at is the situation isn't this huge conflict. It's a statement, a joke, and it's only purpose as of now is generating content that we can't even use, it's more so being used to setup boundaries/groups of people for whatever reason
Why do you think we can't use it? I've taken quite a lot out of the discussion so far.

What have you taken away, since I just see it as filler
Off the topic of my head:

- I don't trust DDL. I'll probably vote for him today.
- I recall Epi pulling up the names of people who took part in the discussion that also played Monkey Island, so I can analyse their content to see if it's compatible with that.
- Epi put some blind trust for Day 1 in Jack and (someone else), so that's something we can look at in hindsight if one of them flips bad later on.
sprityo wrote:-what about DXL makes him untrustworthy. Is it his playstyle, or something he's said or done thus far?
-I personally don't trust cross analysis of past games since a new game is opportunity for change every single time. Habits are there sure, but nothing can stop a person from changing
-I'm following what you're saying, and I suppose that's about the extent that you can go outside of role claiming day 0.
the comments were there, albeit small.
sig wrote:I've read the thread and am all caught up which is good news, the bad news is I have no mafia reads. Golden, SD, Jack, and Glorf are looking good, I didn't get much from DDL and Snow dog and Zebra arguing. I've also read the thread again and see like nothing. Like plenty happened, just nothing stuck out.

However, I'm also leaning to DDL since the main thing I disliked is a policy lynch I despise these and it seems like it is a more mafiaish thing to do, but I'm still unsure, I feel like that's an easy vote for people who aren''t caught up and mafia.
So if my views were the similar to sig, then where was the suspicion on him, Daisy?

---------------------------------------

Scotty wrote:Cool. Not much to catch up on. I see MM and LC want to join me in voting low posters.

How about sprityo? I've played with him before and my initial impression of him this game is...safe. Not really getting into anything thick.
here's where stuff gets rolling im assuming. I thought you more of a no-poster lyncher guy scotty. tsk tsk. I mean, i generally play safe, although i dont know what being NOT-safe is. If you mean pitch in my 2 cents on a post i dont deem worthy of discussion and generate a line to which i will divide players to either side to be town or naw, then i mean i guess i was playing safe.
Scotty wrote:I voted sprityo. Gotta go but his tone so far is calllllling to me like that bag of mustard and onion pretzels in the pantryyyyy
and please tell me the tone since i'm not following. I'm also still about as salty as those pretzels.

----------------------------------------------

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:I voted sprityo. Gotta go but his tone so far is calllllling to me like that bag of mustard and onion pretzels in the pantryyyyy
That's not a vote I'd oppose. I don't feel fantastic about how he managed to read through everything that had happened and come to the conclusion that none of the content he read through is valuable.
I mean, INH had the exact same response. I stick by my guns by saying nothing discussed/argued about a joke post, aside from what we talked about earlier Quin, is of any use, it just detracts attention from people later in game. also:
Epignosis wrote:
sprityo wrote:Well that was a wonderful catch-up read.

What I take away from it:

Nothing I personally can use at any point once the game starts.

But I was ever so "glad" to see zebra making text walls for me to read :D

But uh yeah, aside from that, there's enough opinions in the pot about joke posts in a pregame setting to flavor my stew very nicely. It smells like flesh beef for all you cannibals players interested ;)
I don't care what you can personally use.

You read it. What are your opinions on what you read?
sprityo wrote:Currently: nada
insertnamehere wrote:
sprityo wrote:Currently: nada
I concur with spirityo's findings.
oh yea, this too-
Long Con wrote:Lemme go look at sprityo...

Mmm. not a lot there, even within the few posts he has. Ok, sorry sprityo, but it's follow this, or kinda randomly go elsewhere. I'm going to just vote sprityo, and basically cross my fingers. I really have no suspicions right now.
So by no suspicions "right now" you mean, out of the whole game, you
Quin wrote:managed to read through everything that had happened and come to the conclusion that none of the content [you] read through is valuable.
at that moment you voted? hm.

--------------------------------------

Sorsha wrote:Would voting spirityo be a policy lynch since it's because he's usually a low poster?
i suppose.
Scotty wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Would voting spirityo be a policy lynch since it's because he's usually a low poster?
Is he?
I'm not exclusively voting for him for being a low poster. I just literally can't remember a thing he has said, because he hasn't really said anything in the 14 posts he has.
:ponder:
insertnamehere wrote:voting Spirityo, because ties are fun.
:ponder:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Soirityo
:haha:
Scotty wrote:Oh.

Oh no
Long Con wrote:Hope we got a scummy scum in sprityo!

Linki: Oh. :( RIP Sprit, sorry.

Looks up Hal again: fuck fuck fuck fuck
In the end, this was just an unfortunate event where we argue about something dumb all day, get nowhere, and end up hastily lynching someone random off little more than a whim.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [NIGHT 1]

Post by Golden »

Agree with your conclusion sprit. Unfortunately it was a very bad outcome on many levels.

Glad you are back, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

I apologize for missing the vote. Our Internet was turned off.

We now have Internet somewhere else. :nicenod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:I apologize for missing the vote. Our Internet was turned off.

We now have Internet somewhere else. :nicenod:
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Congrats on the move.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Crapweasel. Sorry I missed the vote. After my untimely demise in the other game, I kind of forgot the lynch was ending in this game.

RIP and welcome back sprityo. Sorry to see Glorf gone. I truly hope that it wasn't because other players seemed to be insulting him for the way he chose to play, based on my quick read of posts since last night.

Because, really, players being personally insulted...and for that matter, the game structure of this game or the way mafia is played on this site for that matter...makes me not really want to read the thread. So, that may have also contributed to my forgetting to check this thread and when they lynch ended.

I'll try to be better and get into this game now that I'm only in 1 game, though.

That said, I'm getting on an airplane tomorrow afternoon to fly to Israel That means that I won't be around much tomorrow morning (US Eastern time). I'll then have 10 hours or so on an airplane, for which I'll likely have internet, but during which I'll hopefully be asleep (and by asleep I mean passed out) for most of it). After that, I'll be 7 hours ahead of the time zone that I mostly play during. And on vacation for a week or so (which should actually allow good time for mafia-ing--I've been to Israel many times, and my main plan is to hang out in Jerusalem, eat good food, and bask in my purple haired fabulousness (soon to be blue haired fabulousness but who's counting). After that, I'll be travelling on a study seminar and my schedule will be insane. Anyway, just an update on my schedule. My timing will be insane as always--but differently insane. :)
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Oh look! Sprityo's back!

Let's lynch him again! :grin:
Surely lightning won't strike twice..
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:Oh look! Sprityo's back!

Let's lynch him again! :grin:
Surely lightning won't strike twice..
I'm kidding btw.

And cya Glorf! I sincerely hope he didn't leave because of the feeling of being personally attacked. I actually don't see the personal attacks that may have been made, but then again that's just wild assumptions. Either way, I'm sorry to see you go Glorf!

grats on the move, Epi/Elo! Hopefully you won't even need to lock your doors at this new place :beer:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Because of course the cop dies day 1.

Your parents may have walked uphill both ways in the snow barefoot to school, but now we have to do all of that without pants.

I'm sorry sprityo. What a shitty way to go. I take responsibility for that one. :disappoint:
Did I mention that I'm townreading Scotty?
I did, right? Good.
No, don't townread me. Putting that damn target on my back.

I'm bad, dammit! Bad!

...at this game

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

Night 1 - The Sensationalized Slaughter

DAILY PUNCTILIO - EVENING EDITION

by Geraldine Julienne

Madness! Chaos! Red shirts! The gruesome events which took place earlier this evening are too horrible to be told anywhere except right here in the Daily Punctilio!

Officials were notified of high pitched screams and sounds of commotion coming from the estate of one Doctor Montresor Montefort earlier tonight. Polic arrived in his Lizard Lounge to find a crowd of former beachgoers, each claiming that someone else was a killer. Lying in the pit with the Incredibly Deadly Viper (which, I can assure my readers, lives up to its name) was the body of a man later identified to be part of some spaceship crew or something. As none of the beachgoers confessed to the murder, the police saw fit to let them all go without further questioning. This was a simple case of accidental poisoning, which my readers now know how to avoid.

Read tomorrow's edition for more life-saving tips!

Scotty has been killed. It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. PMs are currently going out, so let me know if I haven't gotten to you shortly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

god dammit

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:god dammit
:puppy:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 2]

Post by sig »

24 hours? That's new right?
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

sig wrote:24 hours? That's new right?
Supposed to say 48...let me just fix that and move along...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

All PMs are out. Let me know if I missed you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Very sad to see you go Scotty. Merry Christmas!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oh the Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

But on to business, bye Scotty! Hope to see you later this game hopefully, if you're lucky!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I randomised and voted DDL, k?
Whether or not this vote was random or not, I disliked it - Snow Dog didnt seem the type to throw his vote around weakly like this and Luffy is a name that's been tossed around plenty as a possible lynch.
It's a shame you dislike it. I don't really care though. I likes it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm sorry to the host and you all; I just do not have any time for this game until I'm back in San Antonio. I don't want to replace out though because that will be Saturday.
Voting myself for now because I don't want to be punished for missing it and I have not read anything.
:beer:
I didn't know that you were playing but am really excited to see you here and trust me that I'm doing the same travel catch up juggle you are (although yours probably is a whole lot worse than mine); hold on!!
Similar boat here. My traveling is finally winding down, but GY!BE hasn't quite ended yet.
Spacedaisy wrote:@ MM & Jack: mostly gut, but I think it is based on the fact he seemed more present and Posty than say sprityo, but he didn't seem to be contributing much which is dead on what I was looking for. I don't understand what you are saying about qualifying or whatever.

@ Dom: is the SD in your post referring to me or Snow Dog? If me, please call me Daisy for clarity. I am not on a baddie or Indy team, if Sorsha is civ then we are teammates. And I see a drastic difference between her day 1 play in Lost Again and here. Frankly I'm surprised you think otherwise.
I will get into this game more soon. Until then. :beer:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Alright list updated.
  • Dom
    DrWilgy
    Elohcin
    Epignosis*
    Glorfindel**
    LoRab
    Marco
    Nachomamma8
    soup
    sprityo
*Promised to read and vote. Appears to be unfaithful.
**Deliberately withheld vote.
Thanks for the list!
Are you just going to leave it out here or are you going to do something interesting with it?
I'm just going to leave it there. Feel free to do something with it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

Your parents may have walked uphill both ways in the snow barefoot to school, but now we have to do all of that without pants.

I'm sorry sprityo. What a shitty way to go. I take responsibility for that one. :disappoint:
I did, right? Good.

I'm bad, dammit! Bad!

...at this game
Alright, the timing here is hilarious. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm here. Stll alive, I think. Had a crazy week at work, I had to work from 8 AM to 10 PM on Thursday to finish my project. And then traveled to my parent's house on Friday night.

I'm home now, ready to catch up these couple hundreds of posts I missed.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

How in the world do I have the second-most posts of anyone? I guess it helps that Jay's not playing and Sockface is indisposed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wait, did I dodge a lynch by one vote? Wtf?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Wait, did I dodge a lynch by one vote? Wtf?
i sure saved your ass
i also save my own too
you're very welcome

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Alright, the timing here is hilarious. :haha:
Yeah... poor Scotty. That's why I always like to be a little suspicious. :feb:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Me too. And it works. I usually get heat. You are definitely civ though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah, man, you're way more Civ than me. Everyone knows it. I'm, like, Indy at best, yo.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Long Con wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah, man, you're way more Civ than me. Everyone knows it. I'm, like, Indy at best, yo.
Yeah? And I'm Indy's father, Junior!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Incidentally, sorry to see you go Scotty, I like playing with you. sorry for killing you.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

:ninja:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think Snow Dog just slipped.

Incidentally, I still have my pitchfork. :dark:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think Snow Dog just slipped.

Incidentally, I still have my pitchfork. :dark:
Don't you mean shovel?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

(Note: that font color is called pedantic pink for those of you keeping score at home)

Linki: I just wanted to give it to Long Con. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

hm Glorf replaced out, that is interesting.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:(Note: that font color is called pedantic pink for those of you keeping score at home)

Shit, you want another shot at Alpha Wolf? Where's Lorab with her Hoe of Justice?

Or am I getting the reference wrong?

I don't think Glorf left due to harassment about his "beliefs". There wasn't really any harassment. More likely it's Christmas-related.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:hm Glorf replaced out, that is interesting.
What do you make of it?
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:(Note: that font color is called pedantic pink for those of you keeping score at home)

Shit, you want another shot at Alpha Wolf? Where's Lorab with her Hoe of Justice?

Or am I getting the reference wrong?

I don't think Glorf left due to harassment about his "beliefs". There wasn't really any harassment. More likely it's Christmas-related.
I died clutching my shovel in Monkey Island Mafia. I tried to give it to you the night I died.

What in the world are you talking about?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scotty wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:

I did, right? Good.

I'm bad, dammit! Bad!

...at this game
I'm so sorry.
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Well if you two are trying to be suspicious you're doing a fantastic job so far!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Well if you two are trying to be suspicious you're doing a fantastic job so far!
Flattery will get you everywhere! :D
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I died clutching my shovel in Monkey Island Mafia. I tried to give it to you the night I died.

What in the world are you talking about?
Shit... I'm just getting old, Marshy. Memories all fuddling up in there. :blush:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 0]

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Additionally, if "scum is passive" then I'm terrible when I'm Mafia. If you really believe that DDL, then you would be eager to lynch someone who hadn't posted at all at that point (like me or Eloh), but you went for Snow Dog. Why?
They are. It's the basic nature of the game. Multi-faction games kind of damp that, but generally, mafias are passive.

The game thread is about finding scum. It's what everyone is either doing, or pretending to be doing. The side that is not doing it is the passive one.

Mafias can do things (like manipulate players to act their way and such), but most of them are just smokescreen so civs don't realize they are not actually doing jack shit. Mafias want the day to end already so they can kill players faster and get to LyLo.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Also when I say "passive", it's not about number of posts. A player can make 100 posts a day and still not do anything. The scariest baddies are the ones who can do exactly that and still be hard to read, imo.
So, really, "passive baddies" equals people whose cases DDL doesn't agree with?

This just feels very subjective, and not warranting grand statements like calling it the "basic nature of the game."

DDL, when you are bad, do you not try to play as closely to your civ game as possible? Thinking that "aggressive" = civ, and "passive" = scum, wouldn't you try to be as aggressive as possible regardless of alignment?

It feels like a system where you'll always be townread, regardless of actual alignment.
The first statement is putting things in my mouth. I didn't say that.

My baddie game is a work in progress since I'm usually pretty terrible at it and I've only recently played my first game where I lived until the end as bad. So I can't really say much about how I play as baddie, I change it every game. What I can say is, if someone is bad, they will try to look like they are scumhunting, but other than those games with two or more factions, baddies can't scumhunt. So they have to pretend they are doing it. Since that's the number one thing the game thread is for, baddies are passive in the game thread by nature. They have to pretend they are doing the one thing everyone is doing.

And yes, my opinion are subjective. Problem? I refuse to change them because some people think having them makes me a baddie.
You underestimate good mafia. When I'm bad, I can do nothing and still make you think I'm your only hope.
Epignosis wrote:I can do nothing
Exactly the point I was making.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*picks up microphone* Oh, hey, DDL, you dropped this...

oh, ok...

I'll... I'll just hold onto it for you.

:ninja:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I won't be voting DDL, Long Con, or Snow Dog today.

DDL because of that one post, and arguing game theory shouldn't get you lynched (unless of course I disagree ;) )
Snow Dog because I think he's having fun and messing with us, the first part an important part of mafia, and the second part I can sympathize with.
Long Con because, well, he's Long Con. It's too early for me to form a read on him yet, because that would read would likely lean mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dom wrote:I don't see the merit in the discussion.
Same here. There are people who are just unconfortable with lying.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Actually, why am I even bothering with PoE. There are two mafia teams.

Who's scum, raise your hand please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Soneji wrote:The easy route doesn't allow you to paint people as scum. For all the angles Zebra expects DDL and Jack to have considered, at a time when no decision or claim can even be close to final, she overlooks angles herself like culture clash and approaches their statements as definitive in terms of Snow Dog being their day one lynch.

I'll be voting Zebra for now.
Their statements were incredibly definitive. DDL said Snow Dog should either be policy lynched if not lying or, if lying, there was a 99% chance of being bad.

JoH listed three possibilities, truthful scum, truthful town, lying scum, but did not consider lying town. That's not 'all the angles zebra expects them to consider'. It was one - and a pretty blatant one at that. It's not hard to look at that list and see JoH as potentially deliberately not considering one option.

Zebra did not (although others did) expect them to consider the 'it's just day zero banter, referencing monkey island' angle, which might be what you would call 'culture clash'. By the way, DDL has been at this site nearly as long as me, and he's an ambassador, so I hardly think his views can be construed as 'culture clash'. He knows what to expect.

And in all of that, I did not see zebra rushing to call either Jack or DDL as scum. She just engaged them in a dialogue about why their perspective was limiting (which it was). I haven't really got a sense of how firmly Jack or DDL have stuck to their guns yet since I haven't finished a catchup, but I'd hope that they'd listen to the many people who (correctly) identified that Snow Dog was referencing Monkey Island.

Also, votes are permanent, so forget 'for now'... you voted zebra.

This is the most suspicious thing I've seen. It's incredibly misrepresentative of what occurred, and it's just a bizarre vote, almost like 'I'm voting zebra because I also experience culture clash at this site, and zebra doesn't seem to consider that'. I'm going to be strongly considering a vote for soneji.
The fact I'm a veteran in this site doesn't mean you should expect me to abandon my opinions and just accept whatever the meta here is. I will protest against what I think is bad play whenever I see it.

And Zebra said I was her first suspect at the time.

Soneji is voting Zebra because he thinks her opinion is bullshit, and you are doing that thing where you divide the players of the site in two groups depending on whether they agree with you or not (the former being civ, and the later being bad). Protip: it doesn't work. The last time I saw you do it you left a trail of lynched civvies behind your arrogance.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm still reading Day 1 and I already want to punch Golden in the face. That's a good sign, he's probably a civ.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:hm Glorf replaced out, that is interesting.
What do you make of it?
:
I think it could mean Sprityo is mafia, in fact I'd be willing to lynch on it. Glorf was alreayd a suspect of mine, for not giving reads not talking much and a general gut read. Two things to know about Glorf is he hates lying, even in a game he won't do it and he hates being mafia. His refusal to answer the good/bad question was a tip off, he wouldn't lie about it, he'd just not say it either way. I'm thinking his BTSC mates told him that. He went with it, but hated it and asked to be replaced. Since even if he was bad, he wouldn't want to let his team down. So he replaced out since he couldn't be a mafia member and he did this soon enough that most people wouldn't consider it.

He attempted to do the same thing in Star wars mafia when he was bad as well.

So I'm voting there and I'll be voting there now, since I am 80% sure Sprityo 2.0/Glorf are mafia and that is why Glorf acted the way he did day 1 and was replaced.

I'm feeling good about the SDs and Golden. I won't be lynching Jack today since he is a civ lean, or Epi/LC since I need time to read them.
I never saw the case on MM so he won't get my vote either.
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 128

Post by insertnamehere »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:
Soneji wrote:The easy route doesn't allow you to paint people as scum. For all the angles Zebra expects DDL and Jack to have considered, at a time when no decision or claim can even be close to final, she overlooks angles herself like culture clash and approaches their statements as definitive in terms of Snow Dog being their day one lynch.

I'll be voting Zebra for now.
Their statements were incredibly definitive. DDL said Snow Dog should either be policy lynched if not lying or, if lying, there was a 99% chance of being bad.

JoH listed three possibilities, truthful scum, truthful town, lying scum, but did not consider lying town. That's not 'all the angles zebra expects them to consider'. It was one - and a pretty blatant one at that. It's not hard to look at that list and see JoH as potentially deliberately not considering one option.

Zebra did not (although others did) expect them to consider the 'it's just day zero banter, referencing monkey island' angle, which might be what you would call 'culture clash'. By the way, DDL has been at this site nearly as long as me, and he's an ambassador, so I hardly think his views can be construed as 'culture clash'. He knows what to expect.

And in all of that, I did not see zebra rushing to call either Jack or DDL as scum. She just engaged them in a dialogue about why their perspective was limiting (which it was). I haven't really got a sense of how firmly Jack or DDL have stuck to their guns yet since I haven't finished a catchup, but I'd hope that they'd listen to the many people who (correctly) identified that Snow Dog was referencing Monkey Island.

Also, votes are permanent, so forget 'for now'... you voted zebra.

This is the most suspicious thing I've seen. It's incredibly misrepresentative of what occurred, and it's just a bizarre vote, almost like 'I'm voting zebra because I also experience culture clash at this site, and zebra doesn't seem to consider that'. I'm going to be strongly considering a vote for soneji.
The fact I'm a veteran in this site doesn't mean you should expect me to abandon my opinions and just accept whatever the meta here is. I will protest against what I think is bad play whenever I see it.

And Zebra said I was her first suspect at the time.

Soneji is voting Zebra because he thinks her opinion is bullshit, and you are doing that thing where you divide the players of the site in two groups depending on whether they agree with you or not (the former being civ, and the later being bad). Protip: it doesn't work. The last time I saw you do it you left a trail of lynched civvies behind your arrogance.
100% agree with this.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm still reading Day 1 and I already want to punch Golden in the face. That's a good sign, he's probably a civ.
Not sure that I feel the same way about this.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote:I'm gonna put my vote down on Luffy. I've got other plans for this afternoon that don't involve waiting around to talk to someone who might not even show up.
I think that was the fourth time you said that in D1. Do you really need to feel vindicated or something?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

As promised I voted for sprityo I'd be very surprised if he isn't mafia based around Glorfs behavior.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting for sig because I 100% disagree.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”