Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 337

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [DAY 4]

Post by Quin »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Quin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Would you agree Quin that we are not team mates?
I would.
:beer:
This is something that I would enjoy doing with a teammate in a game, and I can't be the only one.

I agree, but that's not exactly an interaction I need in my life right now given that people have been baring their teeth at me since Day 2.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

Day 4 - The Terse Termination

Snow Dog was Uncle Monty.

It's now Night 4. You have 20 hours to get your PMs in.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 163
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:I'd like to have Dom catch up and let us know how he feels about what's going on. I really doubt he's going to be able to talk about his findings as the LD as Dom 1.0 but hopefully he can at least say if he genuinely suspects Quin or if it was a heat of the moment outburst before he was lynched. So not voting Dom today.
Dom said he wasn't going to read, so don't hold your breath.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Spacedaisy »

Uncle who? I'm confused...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh! Dr Montgomery. Well crap.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like there's something up between Epi and Eloh, I commented on this last night too but I'll go through it again.

Epi called out Golden, Quin and Eloh as bad. Talked about wanting to lynch Eloh even. Then night happened. Quin and Golden aren't lynch options and so Epi backs off the Eloh suspicion today. Sorry I'm on my phone right now or I'd pull quotes for this.

But I think it's a weird situation.

I could vote for either Epi or Eloh and probably will.
Good observation. Comment, epi or eloh?
I have no comments. I don't knwo why he backed off. Perhaps he got some info on me?
Golden wrote:
The only thing is, what epi does isn't elohs fault...
And yet you voted me. Why?

-------------

Well, that lynch stinks. But I couldn't vote for anyone I wanted to because they weren't on the poll. And there were a lot of quiet people. Hopefully since the holidays are over we will have more activity in the thread and be able to make better decisions. And Yay.....Epi is just Epi again.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like there's something up between Epi and Eloh, I commented on this last night too but I'll go through it again.

Epi called out Golden, Quin and Eloh as bad. Talked about wanting to lynch Eloh even. Then night happened. Quin and Golden aren't lynch options and so Epi backs off the Eloh suspicion today. Sorry I'm on my phone right now or I'd pull quotes for this.

It's not a good observation. It's a poor one.

Sorsha's theory is that one of us recruited the other. That would be foolish on my part. I would never press someone's lynch the same Night I'm trying to recruit him or her- especially her of all people. That's moronic. As for the other way around, I doubt Eloh would recruit me. She likes gabbing with people. If she wants to talk to me, she can holler across the house.

But let's assume Sorsha is right. Why is Sorsha interested in lynching independents? What's wrong with good old fashioned mafia members? You know, the ones civilians need dead to win? The entirety of Sorsha's effort Day 4 was to talk about me and Eloh. The only things she had to say about anybody else was at the tail end of the Day phase and didn't really say anything.

She ultimately voted for one of us because "it's a weird situation." Right. The idea that someone would be hesitant to lynch his wife, given that she voted for Glorfindel and got cursed by the other mafia, and then have to deal with the backlash in the thread if he is wrong is such an unfathomable concept. :rolleyes:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

a2thezebra wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Quin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Would you agree Quin that we are not team mates?
I would.
:beer:
This is something that I would enjoy doing with a teammate in a game, and I can't be the only one.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I will not vote DDL, Epi, Sig as I view them as town.
I am resistant to voting Nacho and Marco (the later because it will tell us nothing).
I have no strong opinion on Son and MP.
I suspect Zebra but as nobody has mirrored these feelings, I suspect it is more culture clash than anything.
I suspect Daisy and especially Eloh for what looks like vague or poorly thought out arguments not taking the full thread into account.

One of those bottom five will get my vote today unless I see a damn good argument for why it should be elsewhere.
Why resistant to voting Nacho? And why suspect Daisy and Eloh for not liking their arguments? Do you think that is in any way alignment-indicative?
Snow Dog wrote:Although zebra's argument for me saying i hadn't read my role was wrong I think her argument was sound for all of that. It is certainly something i might do for the reasons she gave.
Thank you. I don't see why what I was indicating was possible (fishing for opportunistic baddies with ambiguously slimy behavior) was simultaneously far-fetched and wrong-therefore-bad, and I also suspect Jackofhearts for arguing both of those inconsistent positions at once.

In other news, I don't see why Dom replacing back in is such a big deal in terms of tipping the balance. If DFaraday is confident that it won't interfere with the game's outcome in anyone's favor that I don't see why we should doubt that. Moving on...
Long Con wrote: I think Quin is bad based on his behaviour, and the point Sorsha made is good as well.
What aspects of Quin's behaviour do you find to be alignment-indicative?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Long Con's role analysis here: Golden, I'm looking for your input on this specifically; I was impressed how you looked at his Monkey Island role spec and came away feeling great about it (and was even more impressed when I agreed with your conclusions). I was expecting you to comment on it here because I thought that it was significantly weaker here than it was there (in particular, the part that stood out to me there was his analysis of baddie roles there but I thought it lacked the same depth here); do you not usually comment on his role analysis/do you think this one was particularly neutral/did you decide not to comment on it just so I'd call you out about it later?
This post feels forced and disingenuous to me.
Spacedaisy wrote:So far I don't find anything suspicious in DDL, he reads extremely civ to me. But I am going to finish it to be sure it doesn't change my opinion.
I strongly disagree with you on just about everything you've said in these pages and I'm reading you as town.

I will write my response to the following pages at a later time...I need to crash now, I just had to deliver some content first. :srsnod:

Hi, Zebra. Welcome back to the game.

Why not Nacho? Cause he seems like he's trying to solve and I generally have liked his arguments. Doesn't mean he's town, especially with two scum teams but it's better than a handful of the other players up for lynch yesterday.

Do I think bad arguments are indicative of alignment? Sometimes.

Suppose a wolf is presented with two lynch choices, a townie and a fellow wolf. There is no good reason to vote for the townie. Using a bad reason allows the wolf to place his vote where he wants it, not where the town needs it. Or the scummer could use no argument at all, saying they have a gut feeling. The problem is that this sometimes catches wrong townies, not scum. Or if I'm wrong about the argument being bad, the whole excercise is moot.

There is no end to the list of things that are both far fetched and wrong. I'm not sure if I believe you really believe that is an inconsistent position but I'm not sure you don't believe that, either.

Dom replacing in either proves Dom can double think or he didn't have useful/any night results. I can't double think on purpose. The one game I tried to, I basically argued myself into knowing what I was supposed to not know, not being 100% sure I'd have actually figured it out without the game knowledge I wasn't supposed to have. I'm not saying DFaraday made the wrong call but I am saying it makes a difference and could have made a much bigger one if the culture here regarding replacements was different.

I somewhat agree with you on the Nacho's post feels forced, thing.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

maybe this is why Dom isn't posting. Maybe he is struggling with how to un-know the stuff he knows.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote:maybe this is why Dom isn't posting. Maybe he is struggling with how to un-know the stuff he knows.
More likely we know he missed 4 or 5 days in a row and he is still catching up.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

He's not catching up.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Yeah, I don't ever see his name down there at the bottom and I keep my tab open 24/7.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don't mean he's literally catching up now. :rolleyes:

I mean he hasn't contributed because he knows too little, not too much.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Happy New Year, fellow Mafia players. I rang in the new year by going to a party and missing the vote! I'm lame! Sorry about that. I really intended to just hit up my phone before midnight and get that vote in, but the next time I thought about it, it was an hour too late.

I would have probably ended up voting for Eloh after all... Snow Dog wasn't an option for me at this time because I owed him one from last game. I could see that he was the Eloh counter-lynch that was brewing, and I was hoping that it would go well, but obviously not, as the Civs have lost their Doctor now.

In response to the case that has been made that my role analysis was intentionally weak because I'm a baddie... geez, that's harsh. I don't do that when I'm bad, I analyze the roles the same, Civ or bad. Here is a link to the analysis. Not sure what else I was supposed to say to make it good enough to be above suspicion.

BADDIES (8)

COUNT OLAF'S TROUPE (4) Kill every odd night. Need the civvies and Ghastly Guardians dead to win.
Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET
There's a number of rolecheckers in play... watch out for this guy.
Not much more to say here. He's a basic Mafia Godfather with some sort of secret. It has been theorized that he could be a Seemer at death, appearing as a Civvie even then, but that's not something I thought of when doing the analysis. Sorry.

The Hook-Handed Man – He may discover the identity of a dead player every night. Would be useless if the nightkills weren't janitored... bitches! :haha: The "...bitches!" comment was because I was involved in a discussion of the merits of janitored nightkills around that time, and that's what stood out to me about this role, that it can only exist when nightkills aren't role-revealing. Otherwise, what is there to say? "The Troupe might roleclaim a dead Civ's role"... except they can't, because no claiming.

The Powder-Faced Women – Their vote counts for two as long as at least one other member of the Troupe votes the same way. I suppose I could have done a PSA about tied votes and using this to narrow down Troupe members, so I accept that was something I neglected to think of. It ain't because I'm on this team. If you think I'm a Troupe member, then I refer you to the Glorfyo lynch. I'm not 'cleared' like those who voted for me, but I think it's a pretty nice look.

The Person of Indeterminate Gender – This huge androgynous person will block a player every night. I got nothing here, just like before. Roleblocker. The end.

THE GHASTLY GUARDIANS (4) Kill every even night. Need the civvies and Count Olaf's Troupe dead to win.
Esme Squalor – Esme is obsessed with fashion and high society. She won't allow herself to be lynched unless she gets at least two-thirds of the votes. SECRET This should only save her once, then we should be able to rally and get 2/3 going. Of course... we have to be aware of Justice Strauss' power here as well. I guess Strauss would have to take the lead if it comes up. I think this was a strong enough analysis.

Vice Principal Nero – Nero is the tyrannical authority at Prufrock Preparatory School. He will dole out a different punishment to a player every night. Umm... I'll not assist the evil creativity here. I'm comfortable with this.

Carmelita Spats – Carmelita is a spoiled, obnoxious rich kid. Her wealth allows her to buy a player off every night. If that person attempts to target Carmelita, it will fail on the first attempt. Ok, here's one where I droipped the ball. What I should have said here, instead of saying nothing, is that you all might experience this during the game: if your power fails, then be aware that you might have targeted Carmelita, and it should absolutely inform your cases and voting in the future. Of course, don't be fooled by the roleblocker, because the result would probably look very similar.

Sir – Sir is the co-owner of the Lucky Smells Lumbermill and a ruthless businessman. Every night Sir can redirect a player's power. Power redirecter. Anything I can think of saying feels redundant , like "Be aware of this guy when you use your night powers!" :shrug:

So... if you want to accuse me based on a weaker-than-Civilian-inspired role analysis, I'd appreciate it if you be more specific, like "He's suspicious because he should have told us more about Carmelita Spats' power", because I don't really accept that I dropped the ball in any way otherwise.

ALSO, how about the stuff I said about the Civs? I think there are a few there that are both strong and helpful. I think there are ideas there that, employed correctly, could win the Civs the game. I would never try to refer to my own role analyses to claim Civ, but if you're accusing me based on them, then it's only fair to take that into account.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:i haven't read since the post from forever ago

someone catch me up pls i'm not reading.
No, Dom is literally not going to catch himself up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Would others have expected Klaus to have lead a baddie lynch by now?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Would others have expected Klaus to have lead a baddie lynch by now?
Bo soup for you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ebwop: no

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Marmet

Huh?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Marmet

Huh?
There's a player named soup who only posted once. That's what I was referring to.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I don't mean he's literally catching up now. :rolleyes:

How do you know this?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elohcin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I don't mean he's literally catching up now. :rolleyes:

How do you know this?
I don't know it but it's a better working theory than "The player who went MIA for five days sent in night actions, does have information and he's being quiet cause he's not sure what to do."

You can't give good content if you don't know what's going on. Plus the mod would be more likely to let Dom replace in if he didn't have to use doublethink.

What makes you think Dom DOES have info he can't share?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Would others have expected Klaus to have lead a baddie lynch by now?
Maybe he has or is actively trying to? Or is super inactive/dead :shrug:
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I've said this already. But the fact that he came back and is now quiet makes me think he had info and doesn't know how to act in the thread now as a baddie. Why would a busy-in-RL Dom agree to replace back in?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:

I have no comments. I don't knwo why he backed off. Perhaps he got some info on me?
Golden wrote:

-------------

Well, that lynch stinks. But I couldn't vote for anyone I wanted to because they weren't on the poll. And there were a lot of quiet people. Hopefully since the holidays are over we will have more activity in the thread and be able to make better decisions. And Yay.....Epi is just Epi again.
Because you are suspicious in your own right - like your constant insistence in reading into doms replacement which is very dangerous. I usually feel very trusting in you but in this game I don't at all.

And also because I didn't see any strength in or agree with the case on snow dog. He was an easy mark from the beginning.

It's really time people start looking at the manipulators - people like soneji, for instance.

But I don't hold out much hope for the town in this game. There were so many genuinely suspicious people in that lynch, and we ended up lynching one of the least suspicious in my eyes. There's no way a baddie snow dog draws attention to himself the way he did with his first post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:

Golden wrote:

-------------

Because you are suspicious in your own right - like your constant insistence in reading into doms replacement which is very dangerous. I usually feel very trusting in you but in this game I don't at all.

And also because I didn't see any strength in or agree with the case on snow dog. He was an easy mark from the beginning.

It's really time people start looking at the manipulators - people like soneji, for instance.

But I don't hold out much hope for the town in this game. There were so many genuinely suspicious people in that lynch, and we ended up lynching one of the least suspicious in my eyes. There's no way a baddie snow dog draws attention to himself the way he did with his first post.
I posted an opinion about every person who was eligible to be lynched. Snow Dog drew the short stick in my analysis. That was at 2:12pm my time. That left plenty of time for people to raise objections.

Please, show me one post of yours from that time onward until before the deadline in which you attempted to dispute anything I had to say about Snow Dog (which, by the way, had nothing to do with the Day 0 role PM business, which is the only thing you cite above).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing. I needed a cooldown from this game.

That makes me a super hypocrite since I was just attacking people for not posting back then, so I apologize for that too.

I'll catch-up slowly in the next couple days.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

And yeah, sorry Golden for being childish. I shouldn't let other games' experiences to affect how I play this one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:

Golden wrote:

-------------

I posted an opinion about every person who was eligible to be lynched. Snow Dog drew the short stick in my analysis. That was at 2:12pm my time. That left plenty of time for people to raise objections.

Please, show me one post of yours from that time onward until before the deadline in which you attempted to dispute anything I had to say about Snow Dog (which, by the way, had nothing to do with the Day 0 role PM business, which is the only thing you cite above).
I don't give a rats ass about your opinions in this game epi. I'm not around a lot and using my time on you would be a waste. It's not on me that you were wrong.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:

Golden wrote:

-------------

I don't give a rats ass about your opinions in this game epi. I'm not around a lot and using my time on you would be a waste. It's not on me that you were wrong.
I didn't say it was.

Your words about Snow Dog after the lynch are hollow and worthless. You were here beforehand. You didn't talk about Snow Dog. So don't give me some bullshit about not being around a lot. You were here. You talked about other things. Snow Dog wasn't one of them.

You are evil. I am coming for you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And yeah, sorry Golden for being childish. I shouldn't let other games' experiences to affect how I play this one.
You're one of the good ones ddl (I don't mean civs, I mean players). Never let me get to you. I was angling for a nk in turf wars.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:
In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!" But seriously....this is mean. Why so mean, Golden?

This doesn't seem like civilian behavior.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:

Golden wrote:

-------------

I didn't say it was.

Your words about Snow Dog after the lynch are hollow and worthless. You were here beforehand. You didn't talk about Snow Dog. So don't give me some bullshit about not being around a lot. You were here. You talked about other things. Snow Dog wasn't one of them.

You are evil. I am coming for you.
I talked about snow dog plenty. I didn't know snow dog was looking likely to be lynched until half an hour before the lynch, at which point I immediately tried to get it to go another way but it was too late.

I'm not omnipresent, epi. Stop treating me as though I should be. But if you want words about snow dog, ISO me and look at day one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:
In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!" But seriously....this is mean. Why so mean, Golden?

This doesn't seem like civilian behavior.
Epi decided I was bad on day one and has done nothing but a) fit everything into his theory and b) ignore everything to the contrary. Epi doesn't care what I say, why should I care about what he says? I'm just giving him what he's giving me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:I talked about snow dog plenty. I didn't know snow dog was looking likely to be lynched until half an hour before the lynch, at which point I immediately tried to get it to go another way but it was too late.

I'm not omnipresent, epi. Stop treating me as though I should be. But if you want words about snow dog, ISO me and look at day one.
I'm not interested in Day 1. Did you seriously clear someone Day 1 because he said he didn't read his role PM? And Snow Dog wouldn't do that?

Please. You didn't clear him. You knew he wasn't on your team.

Here's every post you had with the word "snow" in it for Day 4.
Golden wrote:I think the right question for epi is - do you disagree with jacks assessment about how that statement is able to be checkable, and that it could only be checked if ddl or snow was Quinn teammate?

I agree with Daisy's point on quin. I wouldn't have a clue if I've made any ld statements, but I certainly wouldn't have been trying to avoid making them - quite the opposite, putting a whole lot of stakes in the sand maximises the chance that an ld can find something to check me with.
Golden wrote:The reason for suspicion of snow dog has eluded me (my phone wanted to call him snow god)
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:I kill Sboq sig!!
what
Snow dog. Sboq sig is snow dog. I think.
And that's it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm done with you epi. Lynch me if you wish.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:I'm done with you epi. Lynch me if you wish.
You haven't even started with me.

You ignored anything I had to say about Snow Dog Day 4. Then after the fact you act like we should have all known better despite not saying a word in Snowy's defense.

When I raise this point, you get snooty.

"I don't give a rats ass about your opinions in this game epi."

Which is funny, because you cared a lot about my opinion regarding Eloh. :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And yes, snow dogs first post was sufficient for me to disagree with the case on him on day four (along with the fact that the case seemed limited at best).

I'm mostly, though, sick of being treated like I'm your keeper. I'm not bad because I don't interact with you in the manner in which you wish. And the idea that I felt good about snow dog 'because he's not on my team' is laughable. Why should that matter in the slightest? There is another team out there that I'd be hunting for even if I wasn't bad, there's no reason for me to think that he is good merely because he's not on my team.

I'm beginning to think more and more that you are bad. Rethink eloh based on ???? But rigid on me despite the fact you've literally never seen me phone it in as a baddie because I never do.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:

You ignored anything I had to say about Snow Dog Day 4. Then after the fact you act like we should have all known better despite not saying a word in Snowy's defense.

ok, that's fair. I do give a rats ass about figuring out if you are genuine or not, and in that sense I care about your opinions.

I just don't care about your opinion that I'm bad. Go on, lynch me! I dare you. I've given you a simple reason that ought to be sufficient for you and the fact it's not means you are choosing to ignore a large chunk of evidence, dismiss it outright without thought in fact. When you refuse to examine evidence that you know to be accurate, why should your opinion be trusted?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:And yes, snow dogs first post was sufficient for me to disagree with the case on him on day four (along with the fact that the case seemed limited at best).
Huh. You never objected to his lynch Day 4.
Golden wrote:I'm mostly, though, sick of being treated like I'm your keeper. I'm not bad because I don't interact with you in the manner in which you wish. And the idea that I felt good about snow dog 'because he's not on my team' is laughable. Why should that matter in the slightest? There is another team out there that I'd be hunting for even if I wasn't bad, there's no reason for me to think that he is good merely because he's not on my team.
You're not a keeper. You're a killer.
Golden wrote:I'm beginning to think more and more that you are bad. Rethink eloh based on ???? But rigid on me despite the fact you've literally never seen me phone it in as a baddie because I never do.
"I'm beginning to think." :rolleyes:

No the hell you're not.

I gave reasons why I was careful in my treatment of Eloh this phase. You disregarded those too and now you're reducing it to "???"

I don't care about you phoning anything in. I don't care about how quiet you are. That has nothing to do with why I suspect you, and you've mentioned it twice now.
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:I cannot see how anyone such as epi could legitimately associate my quietness with me being bad. I wouldn't mind if he died. His suspicion of me shouldn't be trusted.
His suspicion of you doesn't come from you being quiet though, it was from your suspicion of Soneji. You've got that part incorrect.
It doesn't matter. My quietness is all the evidence he should need that I am not bad.

I would happily have voted soneji again yesterday, but no one else ever does. Perhaps I'll vote epi instead...

I'll take back the bit about his sprit vote, though, since it proved correct - but I did not like anyone's sprit vote at that time. It just so happened that my chief suspect was among them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

"You never objected to his lynch day 4" bullshit.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm confused by your hostility, Golden. This is the behavior I show when I am a caught baddie. I just hope you aren't really upset.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:Another runaway. I like the people on it but not the fact of it. Pretty hard to keep it close now though.
What do you call this epi? Not an objection?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

ok, that's fair. I do give a rats ass about figuring out if you are genuine or not, and in that sense I care about your opinions.

I just don't care about your opinion that I'm bad. Go on, lynch me! I dare you. I've given you a simple reason that ought to be sufficient for you and the fact it's not means you are choosing to ignore a large chunk of evidence, dismiss it outright without thought in fact. When you refuse to examine evidence that you know to be accurate, why should your opinion be trusted?
Golden wrote:My quietness is all the evidence he should need that I am not bad.
Well damn. That's pretty airtight stuff. :eek:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Golden wrote:Another runaway. I like the people on it but not the fact of it. Pretty hard to keep it close now though.
No. It's an observation followed by what you like followed by another observation.

No objection.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
No. It's an observation followed by what you like followed by another observation.

No objection.
And regardless, the fact that it took it becoming a "runaway" before you saw fit to comment on it shows you had no objection when it really mattered.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Elohcin wrote:I'm confused by your hostility, Golden. This is the behavior I show when I am a caught baddie. I just hope you aren't really upset.
I don't like being held to a higher standard than everyone else. I'm not here, which I've made abundantly clear multiple times. I'm doing my best. But epi continues to treat me as though I have time for detailed rebuttals. I don't. His whole case for why I am bad is not based on what I've done but what I haven't done - well, I can't do very much and it's a waste of my time spending what little time I have responding to epi pushing me every single day, and even gone so far as to claim I didn't tell people I wouldn't be around much, which is a blatant lie.

I don't like his angles, and I particularly don't like the persistence of them in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I don't get hostile when I'm bad. I get hostile when I'm civ. I can't remember the last time I was lynched when bad that wasn't near the very end through process of elimination. I even pulled the wool over epis eyes in btsc completely when I was bad. Of all people, he should no I can be a silver tongued snake when I need to be. It galls me when he (once again) spends a whole game, day after day, incorrectly on my ass. Maybe it would change if he was a) even slightly thoughtful and hesitant rather than persistent or b) ever recognised that he's never done it to me and been correct. There's a first time for anything. This isn't it.

Also, if I were bad, epi would be dead by now, having called me out on day one. Because I know he is never convinced otherwise when it comes to me.

if I'm mad about anything, it's the fact I'm wasting my time on stupid defence when I don't have much time. I'm not upset at epi.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:

No objection.
And regardless, the fact that it took it becoming a "runaway" before you saw fit to comment on it shows you had no objection when it really mattered.
I literally did not visit the site 'when it really mattered' to know there was something to comment on. I thought we had another 24 hours. Which I said at the time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't care about your schedule. It has no bearing on the role you have.

Stop pretending like I find your schedule a reason to suspect you. This makes three times now.

"Also, if I were bad, epi would be dead by now."

3J said the same thing last time. He was bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Anyway, seriously done this time. Hold me to whatever standard you like, think whatever you like. Vote for me if you want, you've not yet done it once despite suspecting me since day one. I'll continue to think that your suspicion is false.

Return to “Previous Jobs”