AMERICAN GODS~ Day 10

Moderator: Community Team

Someone has to be Killing people, right?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Aphrodite
No votes
Ceres
8%
Chronos
38%
Electra
No votes
Helios
No votes
Phoenix
8%
Zeus
No votes
Ceridwen (h/n)
46%

Total votes: 13
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 102

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Three

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Pluto wrote:
Apollo wrote:What do you want to hear from me about, Pluto? I didn't entirely understand your post, but I would be happy to answer any questions.
I'm sorry. I misworded that. It was supposed to read "Apollo's suspicions". I get your reasoning behind Athena, and I could see that being a possibility. But I feel like there was someone else you were looking at today, and I can't remember who it was or what it was for.
The other suspect I am looking at today is Fortuna, because Persephone pointed out that she was saying "yes, I agree" a lot without contributing anything new, which is something baddies do a lot. She has failed to do anything to defend herself, which makes me worry about her as well.

Who are you looking at? I realize you were ketchup-bot-ified for a day, but I feel like you've been chatty without really advancing any theories of who might be bad?
I would vote for you before Tychee.

Especially since I've got a Keno tournament this weekend.

But seriously. :evileye:
What is tychee and what is keno? :sigh:
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:
Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Pluto wrote:
Apollo wrote:What do you want to hear from me about, Pluto? I didn't entirely understand your post, but I would be happy to answer any questions.
I'm sorry. I misworded that. It was supposed to read "Apollo's suspicions". I get your reasoning behind Athena, and I could see that being a possibility. But I feel like there was someone else you were looking at today, and I can't remember who it was or what it was for.
The other suspect I am looking at today is Fortuna, because Persephone pointed out that she was saying "yes, I agree" a lot without contributing anything new, which is something baddies do a lot. She has failed to do anything to defend herself, which makes me worry about her as well.

Who are you looking at? I realize you were ketchup-bot-ified for a day, but I feel like you've been chatty without really advancing any theories of who might be bad?
I would vote for you before Tychee.

Especially since I've got a Keno tournament this weekend.

But seriously. :evileye:
What is tychee and what is keno? :sigh:
I can understand how, not being a god and all, you would not be privy to the Olympian Powers. At the risk of offending my associates, I will acquaint you with one of them:

http://bit.ly/1e76L9l
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Rachel Green »

Apollo wrote:
Pluto wrote:

Okay. Thanks for responding then. I will read back on Fortuna when I get a chance.

Honestly, I'm going off of what others are saying right now. I usually have a much harder time with sockpuppet games, and it takes me longer to get adapted to them and get into the swing of things. I promise I am trying my hardest to get acclimated with everything. And I will contribute more of my own thoughts in due time. But for now, it is what it is and I will do the best I can.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yo, beautiful Gods and Goddesses I think we forgot to remind everyone not to post in any other threads as your sockpuppet account. It's a good way to give away that you are not a God at all, just a simple player named "x" !
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Jack Shephard »

juliets wrote:Yo, beautiful Gods and Goddesses I think we forgot to remind everyone not to post in any other threads as your sockpuppet account. It's a good way to give away that you are not a God at all, just a simple player named "x" !
Who would do such a thing? :lorab:

:derp:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

:daisy:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Paul Stevens »

juliets wrote:Yo, beautiful Gods and Goddesses I think we forgot to remind everyone not to post in any other threads as your sockpuppet account. It's a good way to give away that you are not a God at all, just a simple player named "x" !
I swear it wasn't me this time. :noble: It wasn't, was it? :(

So much to catch up on!! Thankfully images are easy to read.

A lot of discussion going on, but nothing changing my mind about suspicions. I do wonder if Arte is insanified if it was a last ditch effort to save her or a great frame up.

Athena could not be Hinzelman if she didn't vote, but have any of his kills gone through? Would our lovely hostesses mislead us so it wasn't obvious who missed a vote perhaps? :ponder: otherwise it's conclusive proof she is not the SK I think. But if you're the SK, I think you'd make damn sure you voted, especially if you miss it the first time.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Vesta wrote: Athena could not be Hinzelman if she didn't vote, but have any of his kills gone through?
On the first page it says Atlas was killed by the Spookshow and Hinzelmann, so I assume that means he was double targeted and the kill went through? It's somewhat unclear, and seems an awfully strange coincidence for the first NK.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

My lament to Fortuna to summon her forth:

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

O Fortune,
like the moon
you are changeable,
ever waxing
and waning;
hateful life
first oppresses
and then soothes
as fancy takes it;
poverty
and power
it melts them like ice.

Fate – monstrous
and empty,
you whirling wheel,
you are malevolent,
well-being is vain
and always fades to nothing,
shadowed
and veiled
you plague me too;
now through the game
I bring my bare back
to your villainy.

Fate is against me
in health
and virtue,
driven on
and weighted down,
always enslaved.
So at this hour
without delay
pluck the vibrating strings;
since Fate
strikes down the strong man,
everyone weep with me!

Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sockys2023 »

Just checking in. Not sure what to think.

Just didn't want any of you to think I had forgotten about you lovely gods and goddesses.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

I will probably vote Fortuna today. She is not defending, she is not contributing, and I'm unsure about Athena. I wouldn't vote Artemis even if she had not been pranked today, because I don't see a real case on her.

I am going to reread a few players, like the 2 who said they were suspicious of Persephone but didn't bother to explain why.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Ned Flanders »

Chronos wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Medusa wrote:Just trying to figure out Apollos suspicion. Athena could be on either bad team, but she couldn't be Hinzelmann, due to missing the lynch votes.

It's not totally damning of course, but a point to remember.
Yes, I think that's right. She was targeted by Tech Boy, so my suspicion is that she is on the other baddie team. I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions about Hinzelmann, because I'm guessing he is quite a powerful and secret role, but I guess we have to take the hostesses at their word for now.

linki: Ceres makes a bunch of good points. We don't know whether the two indies are civ friendly or not.
Apollo, what secrets are you talking about with Hinzelmann. I copied and pasted this from the first page...

Hinzelmann He loved his adopted American Home of Lakeside, WI. He loved it so much, he made a secret deal with it; nothing bad or harmful would ever come to Lakeside as long as Lakeside never really looked into the one young person who mysteriously disappeared each year with the arrival of Spring. Hinzlemann has the opportunity to kill every night, or to self protect, but he cannot do both on one night, and he cannot self protect two nights in a row. He CAN kill two nights in a row.

I am just wondering if you know something that the rest of us don't?

Also, other than being a little bit less than stellar in terms of contribution... is there anything else about Fortuna?
No mention of a Hinzelmann NK, so self-protecting? Can't self-protect twice so he must be on the prowl tomorrow night :eek: ... Athena missed the vote, but was still protected, ruling out Athena as Hinzelmann, yes?

RL is a crusher :(, post more videos!
Assault
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

The player list on the first page says Atlas was killed by Hinzelmann and the spookshow. The actual night post sounded like Hinzelmann got there first, because when the spooks how got to the atlas statue, it was gone. I don't know if the hosts were being tricky or not, but Athena didn't vote that day, and Hinzelmann did something that night, so it would be unlikely for Athena to be Hinzelmann. I don't see a way she could be, but who knows? :shrug:
It doesn't rule her out as mafia though. I don't know, I have some notes about Athena, but I'm not going to look over them until tomorrow.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Re: AMERICAN GODS~Day Two

Post by Grand Scheme »

Persephone wrote:
Eros wrote:
Persephone wrote: But maybe we should look at those who have just latched onto this without adding any of their own originality to the discussion aka Fortuna. here is her post:
Fortuna wrote::ponder: Interesting. I agree with Athena. Can you explain yourself Artemis?
So what was interesting? What do YOU think about what Arte said? What Athena said? You have just jumped in on this but yet added nothing yourself if it is so interesting I would think you would tell us what is so interesting.

Sure baddies will say "There are a lot/several civs who voted X" I have seen it happen but I have also seen players like Fortuna latching on without putting themselves out there in the limelight like Athena did. I am going to be very interested to see what happens with these three as this day progresses.
This post makes me way more nervous about its author than its subject.
Elaborate please. I am glad to hear Fortuna, Arte and Athena are nothing for you to be nervous over.

Linky Yes Medusa both are suspicious of me though neither has elaborated why. Idk about the Atlas thing.
Eros' post didn't imply that he isn't at all suspicious of those other players, it sounds like you're twisting his words a bit tbh. And I kind of agree with him (which is weird since he tried to lynch me the other day), in that you seem rather aggressive simply because someone has been going with the flow. I've seen many low-flying civs get lynched for nothing more than that.

Also, I'm pretty sure at least one of these insanifications is faked.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

That's noyed like exas who whon theration teammat that that's noyed that sounded teammate erost said liked looked like a baddie erse. Perse. It sounded their te annoyed liked that's proxy. It sounded then by I sounded annoyed looke erost sounded thate wasperee was no was being looke exas being liked looked thationes by proxy. I agre was no why pos. That's noyed like wheir te waspere wherost I a baddie who who was no whersepho cas pros. Persepho caspersepho cas anno was proxy. That was by I said lik
To be recycled
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:I will probably vote Fortuna today. She is not defending, she is not contributing, and I'm unsure about Athena. I wouldn't vote Artemis even if she had not been pranked today, because I don't see a real case on her.

I am going to reread a few players, like the 2 who said they were suspicious of Persephone but didn't bother to explain why.
I don't understand this. You're willing to vote for Fortuna for inactivity, not because you think she's bad? And then in the same breath say you wouldn't vote Artemis because you don't see a "real" case on her?
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Good morning!
Eight hours to the vote, and I've been thinking about Hinzelmann a lot. If I understand it correctly, Hinzelmann must have voted on Day 1 in order to kill Atlas on Night 1. That narrows it down a little. Hinzelmann didn't kill on Night 2. Now, he may have self protected, or he may have been role blocked, but what if he missed the vote on Day 2 and therefore couldn't use his power?

There are three people who voted on Day 1 but didn't vote on Day 2: Fortuna, Phoenix and Poseidon. Fortuna voted for Atlas, and Atlas was the one who was killed. Too obvious, or just poor playing? I feel like a Fortuna vote from me is becoming more likely.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Medusa wrote:I will probably vote Fortuna today. She is not defending, she is not contributing, and I'm unsure about Athena. I wouldn't vote Artemis even if she had not been pranked today, because I don't see a real case on her.

I don't like the thought of someone already wanting to go after someone for being a non-participant or low poster. I think there are other, more valid reasons to vote for Fortuna. Sounds like you're just trying to latch onto an easy case to me.

I thought the case against Artemis was spelled out fairly clearly. Maybe I missed something there? But given Artemis is insanified today, I think I'm leaning toward a Fortuna vote for other reasons. The most likely because I could see her being Hinzelmann or mafia.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Gunther »

Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Kent Brockman »

Vesta wrote:My lament to Fortuna to summon her forth:

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

O Fortune,
like the moon
you are changeable,
ever waxing
and waning;
hateful life
first oppresses
and then soothes
as fancy takes it;
poverty
and power
it melts them like ice.

Fate – monstrous
and empty,
you whirling wheel,
you are malevolent,
well-being is vain
and always fades to nothing,
shadowed
and veiled
you plague me too;
now through the game
I bring my bare back
to your villainy.

Fate is against me
in health
and virtue,
driven on
and weighted down,
always enslaved.
So at this hour
without delay
pluck the vibrating strings;
since Fate
strikes down the strong man,
everyone weep with me!

:lorab:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

To answer your question about what my favourite Rube Goldberg machine might be, it is the breakfast machine shown in the opening of Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Medusa, do you think if Fortuna had teammates that they would tell her to respond to the claims against her?
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Pluto and Eros, not contributing is not a jab at low posters. It means, not giving opinions or asking questions about posts, not actively searching for suspects, etc. can you two give reasons why you think it's more likely that Fortuna is a civ? Can you give reasons why you think that being suspicious of Fortuna makes someone bad?

And no, the only point I saw brought up about Artemis was a 'possible' slip, which she defended, and was even defended by another civ, Prometheus. Admittedly, I was a bit suspicious of Prom, but when he flipped civ, I stopped debating the whole 'possible slip' thing. If there was something more compelling about Artemis, then I must have missed it. Surviving a lynch could be due to a civ role, so Im holding off on her. The slip idea just didn't cut it for me.

Linki- Chronos, I have no clue. I don't know how to interpret Fortuna's silence. She apparently has defenders, which could also be a civ situation. It might be coming down to one group of defenders vs. another. :shrug:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

It could also be that she knows she has a protection and is not worried about being lynched.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Saito »

I looked into the Fortuna case and she has 8 posts and missed Night 1 and Day 2 votes. On Day 1 she voted for Atlas because Atlas voted for her - not necessarily a baddie move, but the only situation of its kind so far - please correct me if I am wrong, then jumping on a potential bandwagon against Artemis and lastly not even trying to address the accusations made against her. Apollo might have a point about her being protected.

About low posters - I really don't think they should be ignored.

1. Aphrodite - 3 posts, 1 vote D0 and 1 vote N2 - no lynching votes.
2. Ares - 1 post, 1 vote D0.
3. Electra - 3 posts, 1 vote D0 and 1 vote N1 - no lynching votes.
4. Helios - 3 posts, 1 vote D0 and 1 vote N2 - no lynching votes.
5. Pandora - 3 posts, 1 vote D0 and 1 vote D2 for Prom.
6. Poseidon - 8 posts, 1 vote D0 and 1 vote D1 for Herpes.

and some special* cases of low posters who have been insanified, but have managed to vote on a regular basis.
1. Mars - 5 posts, missed only N1 vote
2. Herc - 7 posts, missed N1 vote
3. Phoenix - 9 posts, missed D2 vote

*Note that I have not included the insanified posts. These are all players that have less than 10 posts.
If you spot any mistake or if I missed someone, let me know.

At the other end of the spectrum, I think Apollo is the most talkative.:P
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I won't be around later so I have to vote now. Going to go with Fortuna on this one.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Pluto wrote:I won't be around later so I have to vote now. Going to go with Fortuna on this one.
I don't think that was very wise.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

WHo do you think Pluto should have voted for, Eros? You haven't exactly made a case for any alternatives.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Apollo wrote:WHo do you think Pluto should have voted for, Eros? You haven't exactly made a case for any alternatives.
I mentioned something on Artemis that no one said anything about, but I'm under the impression that no one will vote for a bewitched individual anyway.

Perseophone's going after Fortuna seems awfully opportunistic and Medusa's echoingof it is just ironic.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hmm. Interesting. I have been reading Persephone as thoroughly civ, but I do not have a good track record of that so far.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, to put it bluntly, you sound as though you are vouching for Fortuna. You are not giving reasons why you believe that Fortuna is a civ. Is there anything you can say that would give confidence to the rest of us? The maths/logics/feels, anything?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Medusa wrote:Pluto and Eros, not contributing is not a jab at low posters. It means, not giving opinions or asking questions about posts, not actively searching for suspects, etc. can you two give reasons why you think it's more likely that Fortuna is a civ? Can you give reasons why you think that being suspicious of Fortuna makes someone bad?

And no, the only point I saw brought up about Artemis was a 'possible' slip, which she defended, and was even defended by another civ, Prometheus. Admittedly, I was a bit suspicious of Prom, but when he flipped civ, I stopped debating the whole 'possible slip' thing. If there was something more compelling about Artemis, then I must have missed it. Surviving a lynch could be due to a civ role, so Im holding off on her. The slip idea just didn't cut it for me.

Linki- Chronos, I have no clue. I don't know how to interpret Fortuna's silence. She apparently has defenders, which could also be a civ situation. It might be coming down to one group of defenders vs. another. :shrug:
Just wondering if you thought it was possible....

I'm placing my vote on Athena today... but tomrorow I'd like to ehar from ARtemis.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Medusa wrote:Eros, to put it bluntly, you sound as though you are vouching for Fortuna. You are not giving reasons why you believe that Fortuna is a civ. Is there anything you can say that would give confidence to the rest of us? The maths/logics/feels, anything?
You aren't giving reasons why she's not, either.
dunya
Turnip Head
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Celeste »

I understand the case on Artemis but what is the case on Fortuna? If anyone could quickly explain...
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Chronos wrote:
Medusa wrote:Pluto and Eros, not contributing is not a jab at low posters. It means, not giving opinions or asking questions about posts, not actively searching for suspects, etc. can you two give reasons why you think it's more likely that Fortuna is a civ? Can you give reasons why you think that being suspicious of Fortuna makes someone bad?

I'm placing my vote on Athena today... but tomrorow I'd like to ehar from ARtemis.
You actually placed your vote for Artemis, just FYI.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Apollo wrote:
Chronos wrote:

You actually placed your vote for Artemis, just FYI.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Chronos wrote:

Nice. But I see you voted Artemis instead. Which I am glad for as I see no case against Athena.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Zeus wrote:I understand the case on Artemis but what is the case on Fortuna? If anyone could quickly explain...
I can't speak for others, but here are my reasons for thinking she might be Hinzelmann.

1) She has contributed little, agreeing with others but adding nothing. Blendy.
2) She refuses to defend herself at all
3) She voted Wisconsin, which is likely where Hinzelmann would have voted.
4) She voted on Day 1 for Atlas because he voted for her. Hinzelmann killed Atlas on Night 1.
5. She didn't vote on Day 2, Hinzelmann didn't kill on Night 2.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ceres wrote:I looked into the Fortuna case and she has 8 posts and missed Night 1 and Day 2 votes. On Day 1 she voted for Atlas because Atlas voted for her - not necessarily a baddie move, but the only situation of its kind so far - please correct me if I am wrong, then jumping on a potential bandwagon against Artemis and lastly not even trying to address the accusations made against her. Apollo might have a point about her being protected.

and some special* cases of low posters who have been insanified, but have managed to vote on a regular basis.

*Note that I have not included the insanified posts. These are all players that have less than 10 posts.

Thanks mom for doing this I was going to link up Fortuna`s posts but you have put it very well. I agree with your assesments of low posters. I agree just because they are low posters does not make them non contributors.

How do you feel about Apollo - I know we both voted him - are you still feeling the same way?
Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:WHo do you think Pluto should have voted for, Eros? You haven't exactly made a case for any alternatives.
I mentioned something on Artemis that no one said anything about, but I'm under the impression that no one will vote for a bewitched individual anyway.

Perseophone's going after Fortuna seems awfully opportunistic and Medusa's echoingof it is just ironic.
And somehow even though you are not Fortuna this feels like a no u.

How is it opportunistic to try and find baddies?

Why do you think she is civ?

Why just because I find her suspicious am I bad?

If not Fortuna who you so blatantly defend then who should we be discussing? (and you are right so early in a game I will not vote for someone cursed but later yes I would consider it)

You and Mars have put yourselves front and center with your open defense of Fortuna. It is something that needs explanation imo. I mean why isn`t she defending herself?

And I shouldn`t be suspicious lol!

Look at me all you want I am trying to find baddies I am not infallible. I am a God but I still can make mistakes. Right now I don`t feel I have, but you have given me pause.

I also worry when others jump on a case I have made without adding any of their own thoughts. Like Fortuna did with Athena. Thats oppotunistic imo.

Linky Apollo - thats what I have been saying minus the Hinzelman angle. :)
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Apollo wrote:
Zeus wrote:I understand the case on Artemis but what is the case on Fortuna? If anyone could quickly explain...
I can't speak for others, but here are my reasons for thinking she might be Hinzelmann.

4) She voted on Day 1 for Atlas because he voted for her. Hinzelmann killed Atlas on Night 1.
Where did she vote Wisconsin?
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:

My bad. I was thinking of Athena, who I was considering voting for earlier.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Apollo wrote:
Eros wrote:
Apollo wrote:

My bad. I was thinking of Athena, who I was considering voting for earlier.
Ok, thanks for that.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eros, here is where I said why I was looking at a Fortuna vote. She has had time to join in the discussion, but hasn't. My opinions are not set in stone. You could actually ease my mind about Fortuna if you sounded less angry and more reasonable.

I see a civvie way (a result of certain civvie night powers) that might cause a player to trust another player. But your tone and Fortuna's lack of defense/contribution, don't fill me with confidence.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I would like to point out that sitting back and picking holes against other people's cases is a very easy thing to do, especially for a baddie who has a better idea who is civ and who is not. It's spectacularly easy for a baddie to say "Oh, don't vote for that person!" and then when they flip civ say "See? I told you so!"

It seems to me like this is what Eros is doing, and I am much more inclined to trust those of us actually trying to find baddies, conducting analysis and making cases. We may get it wrong sometimes, but at least we are trying.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Apollo wrote:

Of this list, since 3 wasn't correct, I find reasons #2 and #5 the most compelling, odd, and suspicious. #4 I think would be an argument why she might not be Hinzelmann. Why would Hinzelmann kill the person that he voted for too? It seems too blatant, however it could be the case. I am more curious why suddenly Eros is defending her so vehemently.

Fortuna was called forth by the dulcet tones I played to her, but gave no response to the accusations against her. :ponder:
Wherefore art thou Fortuna? :noble:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Apollo: I agree with your latest sentiment. But I also want to give the Defenders Of Fortuna a chance to post why she is the civviest of civ`s. To also explain why it makes me opportunistic and therefore a baddie.

I almost doubt Eros will respond as I made my post ahead of his by a few minutes yet he ignored my post completely.

I also may have misremebered who was part of the Defenders Of Fortuna - it may include Hercules as well but I cannot be sure since he is cursed. So I look forward to hearing from: Eros, Mars and Hercules before the lynch ends.

I hope its not in the last hour before the lynch ends as then it will be too late for us to weigh all options.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Persephone wrote:Apollo: I agree with your latest sentiment. But I also want to give the Defenders Of Fortuna a chance to post why she is the civviest of civ`s. To also explain why it makes me opportunistic and therefore a baddie.
Oh absolutely, I think there should be vigorous debate. But simply saying "Don't vote that way." is not debate and it is not useful. If anyone has a better suspect than Fortuna or a good reason why we should not vote for her, I certainly want to hear it. My mind is not made up, which is why I haven't voted yet.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Persephone wrote:
Ceres wrote:I looked into the Fortuna case and she has 8 posts and missed Night 1 and Day 2 votes. On Day 1 she voted for Atlas because Atlas voted for her - not necessarily a baddie move, but the only situation of its kind so far - please correct me if I am wrong, then jumping on a potential bandwagon against Artemis and lastly not even trying to address the accusations made against her. Apollo might have a point about her being protected.

Thanks mom for doing this I was going to link up Fortuna`s posts but you have put it very well. I agree with your assesments of low posters. I agree just because they are low posters does not make them non contributors.

How do you feel about Apollo - I know we both voted him - are you still feeling the same way?
Eros wrote:

If not Fortuna who you so blatantly defend then who should we be discussing? (and you are right so early in a game I will not vote for someone cursed but later yes I would consider it)

You and Mars have put yourselves front and center with your open defense of Fortuna. It is something that needs explanation imo. I mean why isn`t she defending herself?

Look at me all you want I am trying to find baddies I am not infallible. I am a God but I still can make mistakes. Right now I don`t feel I have, but you have given me pause.

I also worry when others jump on a case I have made without adding any of their own thoughts. Like Fortuna did with Athena. Thats oppotunistic imo.

Linky Apollo - thats what I have been saying minus the Hinzelman angle. :)
That's an awfully long post you are expecting me to respond to, but I will do so.
If that's how you like it. NO U. There ya go.
If Fortuna isn't one, then you aren't "find[ing] baddies."
None of posts seem team-oriented to me. Nor votes. Day 1 she voted Atlas with me- before poor Hermes took on a barrage of votes. Day 2, Fortuna missed the vote. Some are arguing that since there was no kill, that means Fortuna could have lost the power to kill, but that's 1) awfully circumstantial (FIVE people missed the Day 2 vote) and 2) would it make sense for a last man standing person to miss the vote? Considering the serial killer can self-protect instead of kill, these are terrible odds.
Because expressing agreement with Athena is a lousy reason to suspect someone. Others have expressed an agreement without adding anything else to a given subject. It's just a poor reason.

[/quote]
If not Fortuna who you so blatantly defend then who should we be discussing? (and you are right so early in a game I will not vote for someone cursed but later yes I would consider it)[/quote]

I have already answered this. Your parenthetical comment indicates that you did indeed read the post where I named you, Medusa, and Artemis.
Defend herself against what exactly? Not defending herself? :haha:
Why not?
Okay. :eye: :eye:
Fortuna didn't jump on a case. She agreed with an observation. That is all.
dunya
Turnip Head

Return to “Previous Jobs”