Total votes: 11
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 288

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 2

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:45 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:41 pm nijuukyugou is not normally someone who draws a Night 1 Night kill.

And........
And that is something one who cares about finding mafia should consider.
we have no idea
what she might have said or her
suspicions yonder
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 667

Post by DharmaHelper »

Not true. Epignosis can read both tribes' threads.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 431

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:41 pm nijuukyugou is not normally someone who draws a Night 1 Night kill.

And........
Expound upon this. Why should I care whether Bloops is a Night 1 target or not? Who would target her N1, in your estimation? Mr. "Don't just say stuff"
nijuukyugou has never been, in my experience, killed Night 1. She also does not get lynched early, and she likes poetry, so I assume she would have sent in a poem. That means, if we accept the other tribe had the same haiku lynch protections in play, she would not have been in danger of being lynched. That means her BTSC partner would have been under no pressure to tip his or her hand (the rules notwithstanding). In addition, in my experience, nijuukyugou does not typically have a good reason to vote one person or the other Day 1.

Therefore nijuukyugou was a kill that happened because whatever discussion happened in the other tribe was comfortable enough discussion for the mafia faction. It was a clean kill that wouldn't lead to anybody, and one that was unlikely to draw the attention of any protective roles.

Given the above, I am looking for go-along-get-along people here.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Or we could lynch DH, since he seemed more concerned about "keeping our numbers up in case there's a tribal competition or something."
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm Or we could lynch DH, since he seemed more concerned about "keeping our numbers up in case there's a tribal competition or something."
When did I say that? :noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

And........
Expound upon this. Why should I care whether Bloops is a Night 1 target or not? Who would target her N1, in your estimation? Mr. "Don't just say stuff"
nijuukyugou has never been, in my experience, killed Night 1. She also does not get lynched early, and she likes poetry, so I assume she would have sent in a poem. That means, if we accept the other tribe had the same haiku lynch protections in play, she would not have been in danger of being lynched. That means her BTSC partner would have been under no pressure to tip his or her hand (the rules notwithstanding). In addition, in my experience, nijuukyugou does not typically have a good reason to vote one person or the other Day 1.

Therefore nijuukyugou was a kill that happened because whatever discussion happened in the other tribe was comfortable enough discussion for the mafia faction. It was a clean kill that wouldn't lead to anybody, and one that was unlikely to draw the attention of any protective roles.

Extrapolation
and more extrapolation
quite a jump there
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:51 pm From Cecil:

Good Morning Syndicate. Everyone's favorite voice on the radio here to congratulate you on a successful Day One. I have high hopes to continue bringing you broadcasts to our little tribe in the coming days. That is, figuring I myself am alive by the end of tonight. Lots of content coming out of a small cluster of people, some of you slackers better pick it up. This is the game of all games afterall. Im looking to you Dom, DragonDLuffy, Quin, ColonialBob, nutella, and sprityo. A few of you more so. It is in my opinion that with Twenty Three players, and us owning eleven. We should have about two mafia members among us. As the new Day comes upon us, let us remember to not becoming paranoid and hunt the players that are helping us. This is Cecil signing off for the night.
I'm not assuming Cecil is Civvie. It's a pretty good baddie role to have, if you can convince the public you're Civ through it. And come on... PLAYER SALAD, right? :grin:
Player salad?

What benefits would a baddie gain from being Cecil? And does the GOC frequently toss in roles in different alignments regardless of their origin alignment?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:02 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

And........

Extrapolation
and more extrapolation
quite a jump there
You're going to have to get used to extrapolation. I have no other tools to worth with when considering the Night kill target given that I don't know what went on there. But I do know what nijuukyugou does 90% of the time on Days 1, and I know her in real life, and I introduced her to this site, so if I'm going to be comfortable making extrapolations, it will be now.

This was a kill meant to maintain the status-quo in their tribe. Book it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Things have changed so much, I don't even fucking proofread anymore. :noble:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epi what benefit do we get from your thinking process of the N1 Kill?

Linki: status quo?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Do you guys think if I voted Dom he’d be more likely to appear?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:08 pm Epi what benefit do we get from your thinking process of the N1 Kill?

What benefit do YOU think we get from my thinking process? This is not a one-man show. Civilians should bounce ideas off mine rather than dismiss them as "extrapolation and more extrapolation" (of course it's extrapolation- nothing is ever certain).

I need other people to weigh in on what I offered, not dismiss it as DH and S~V~S seem content to do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

By "status quo," I mean that mafia were satisfied with the existing state of affairs in the other tribe, such that they did not feel the need to take down a loudmouth civilian who was raising hell and pointing fingers.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

In restrospect, probably not. Albeit in my past recollections Dom is a force I don’t like to reckon with when he is present. But he is the lowest of contributions right now.

I feel like I needed to do something for the thread too and I’ve forgotten what it was

Linki: I won’t dismiss you, have no fear.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:11 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:08 pm Epi what benefit do we get from your thinking process of the N1 Kill?

What benefit do YOU think we get from my thinking process? This is not a one-man show. Civilians should bounce ideas off mine rather than dismiss them as "extrapolation and more extrapolation" (of course it's extrapolation- nothing is ever certain).

I need other people to weigh in on what I offered, not dismiss it as DH and S~V~S seem content to do.
But you speak as if
extrapolation were fact.
not variable

Some killers like to
kill randomly, reasonless
harder to trace it

it is possible,
what you say about Niju
not enough info
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So you’re saying that the mafia felt confident about their presence enough that they could kill a random person and then lead another day of misguiding their tribe?

Linki: SVS May have a point, but I don’t feel it’s as likely.

Epi would you say the mafia kill is akin to killing a no show or low poster early on? I mean it wouldn’t be exact since I’d assume people would be trying their best for the GOC
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

But you speak as if
extrapolation were fact.
not variable

Some killers like to
kill randomly, reasonless
harder to trace it

it is possible,
what you say about Niju
not enough info
I am not going to hedge my comments with empty phases like "I think" or "In my opinion" or "It is my solemn belief that..."

That's bad writing. When I write something, it should be understood that this is my opinion. My commentary on nijuukyugou was based on plenty of experience, but it should be clear that the conclusion I drew from that was my perspective. You are welcome to disagree with my perspective, which would be a healthier and more useful avenue of discourse than calling my commentary exactly what it is.

We don't have the luxury of info. It's Day 2. People have to talk about something.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pm So you’re saying that the mafia felt confident about their presence enough that they could kill a random person and then lead another day of misguiding their tribe?
That's my takeaway from the nijuukyugou kill. Again, I am speculating on what happened yesterday in their tribe, and knowing what I know about nijuukyugou, the fact that she likes poetry, the fact that she had BTSC, and so on, I think I'm correct.
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pm Epi would you say the mafia kill is akin to killing a no show or low poster early on? I mean it wouldn’t be exact since I’d assume people would be trying their best for the GOC
That's a tougher question. nijuukyugou can be quiet in a game. Either way, killing nijuukyugou as a low-poster doesn't change my perspective- on the contrary, it would only support it, that mafia were comfortable over there yesterday.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm not dismissing you, I'm just wondering what the point is/was.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 pm

Content generation/topics of discussion?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

There may be a role
redirector, or maybe
a target switcher
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm
We don't have the luxury of info. It's Day 2. People have to talk about something.
I agree, we do
need to talk about something
what topics are there?

Colonial Bob,
Dragon D Luffy, Dharma
Helper, also Dom

Epignosis, l'il
Nutella, quin, and Long Con
Speedchuck and Sprityo

And me, SVS
Those are quite a few topics
About which we know
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S, do you think Epignosis is avoiding talking about these Pikachu topics?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If we assume we have mafia over here (and I can only hope that we do, or we are playing with ourselves), and we agree they have BTSC and can discuss the kill selection, then discussion of the kill selection has merit.

Find reasons to clear people, and then don't lynch those people.

People will roll their eyes and scoff at this, for example, but I would never kill nijuukyugou Night 1. Not only would I not like to do it on the basis that we are friends, I also don't see it as good strategy, since nijuukyugou likes to sit back early on and observe, and I thus would not advise my team to kill her Night 1. If you buy that, and I'm cool if you don't, then you have less reason to suspect me, which should give you more reason to suspect other people.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:27 pm There may be a role
redirector, or maybe
a target switcher
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm
I agree, we do
need to talk about something
what topics are there?

Colonial Bob,
Dragon D Luffy, Dharma
Helper, also Dom

Epignosis, l'il
Nutella, quin, and Long Con
Speedchuck and Sprityo

And me, SVS
Those are quite a few topics
About which we know
Player salad. :ponder:
:p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No messing around. Assume I'm right. You don't have to agree with me:

Who would be a go-along-get-along mafia member who would have no reason to object to a nijuukyugou kill given our particular thread climate?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You wanted to spend
most of yesterday talking
about mechanics

then scrambling
to vote at the last minute
for weakish reasons

Now today you want
to talk about the other
thread, and speculate

When we probably
have baddies right here in the
tribe of Pikachu

Can we guess who the
bad here are based on Nijus
unfortunate death?

sorry this sounds so
hostile, haiku is rather
staccato in feel

Linki ha ha ha
Thats an alphabetical
player list ha ha ha

of the members of
Pikachu tribe, i made a
List of the topics

available to
us without speculation
Hope you were joking
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm Maybe the mafia is spread across tribes and the only nightkill was over there?

But no, they had a lynch as well.

I am thinking there was a failed nightkill on Pikaside.
Were you going anywhere with the "failed nightkill" theory?

And if the other side had a lynch as well, wouldn't we find out who was lynched, like we found out about the nijuu nightkill? I think that kind of works against the idea that this was a slip.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 pm You wanted to spend
most of yesterday talking
about mechanics

then scrambling
to vote at the last minute
for weakish reasons

Now today you want
to talk about the other
thread, and speculate

When we probably
have baddies right here in the
tribe of Pikachu

Can we guess who the
bad here are based on Nijus
unfortunate death?

sorry this sounds so
hostile, haiku is rather
staccato in feel

Linki ha ha ha
Thats an alphabetical
player list ha ha ha

of the members of
Pikachu tribe, i made a
List of the topics

available to
us without speculation
Hope you were joking
The "player salad" thing is a joke, yes.

If you want to talk about something, I am not preventing you from doing so. I am talking about what I want to talk about. If someone wants to talk about something else, by all means.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It astounds me how much resistance I'm getting over, yes, speculation and extrapolation, which is part of what makes Mafia Mafia. Of course I know I may be off-base. I don't care. I ultimately have to vote somebody here don't I? So I'll eventually get to talking about other people once the points I've raised have run their course.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm S~V~S, do you think Epignosis is avoiding talking about these Pikachu topics?
Possibly, you know
I do not love thread steering
and this feels like it

I copied player
list and now he makes suspish
face :ponder: gimme a break

Killers could have made
a random kill, there could be
a target switcher

Maybe this was the
one time she did make a splash
on day one, who knows?

in any case I
do have a haiku headache
So for realz bedtime
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I didn't make a suspicious face...look in the spoiler!

And you're damn right I'm going to be steering the thread. Somebody has to.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I saw DharmaHelper with the Devil.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 pm It astounds me how much resistance I'm getting over, yes, speculation and extrapolation, which is part of what makes Mafia Mafia. Of course I know I may be off-base. I don't care. I ultimately have to vote somebody here don't I? So I'll eventually get to talking about other people once the points I've raised have run their course.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Perhaps its an off on situation where since we're separated into tribes, the mafia can only kill on certain nights

So we have the even night deaths? I mean we wont be able to learn if that theory is true until another night has passed

linki: i dont like thread steering when it's overwhelming. Lets try a better word like, thread-guiding. where we dont follow like sheople around JJJ the person most prominent in thread
:p im just messing with you jay
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm

If we assume we have mafia over here (and I can only hope that we do, or we are playing with ourselves), and we agree they have BTSC and can discuss the kill selection, then discussion of the kill selection has merit.

Find reasons to clear people, and then don't lynch those people.

People will roll their eyes and scoff at this, for example, but I would never kill nijuukyugou Night 1. Not only would I not like to do it on the basis that we are friends, I also don't see it as good strategy, since nijuukyugou likes to sit back early on and observe, and I thus would not advise my team to kill her Night 1. If you buy that, and I'm cool if you don't, then you have less reason to suspect me, which should give you more reason to suspect other people.
Three most vital players to kill on Night 1 when you are Mafia?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

People would rather mock and dismiss rather than discuss. Y'all have at it. I'm heading over to Fire Emblem.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

SVS, have you agreed with anyone so far? like really gelled with the way theyre playing or is everyone suspicious to you? maybe its just how you sound. (minus the haikus of course)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:15 pmI’d assume people would be trying their best for the GOC
fwiw, I am definitely not doing this, lol. I'm feeling some mafia burnout and starting a new full-time job on wednesday and I'm just really not getting into the groove of this game or finding the motivation to put a ton of time and effort into it. I'm still really excited about it and want to play a successful game, but I'm not going to be making big iso cases or analyzing everything, just going to go with my gut and stuff.

re: epi's insights, I usually don't feel like I can read much into night kills, and that's especially the case here when the victim was in the other tribe and I don't know what went on over there, but his insight is still a contribution that I definitely wouldn't dismiss as useless, especially if it leads to particular thoughts on pikachu peeps
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will do my level best to post as in-depth as possible a breakdown of my thoughts on people tomorrow.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

For now, a couple gut reads

colonialbob - CIv
Dragon D Luffy - Medium Bad
Dharmahelper - Medium Civ
dom - Civ
Epignosis - Medium Bad
Long Con - Medium Civ
nutella - Light Bad
Quin - Light Civ
speedchuck - Bad
sprityo - Light Civ
S~V~S - Civ

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 pm For now, a couple gut reads

colonialbob - CIv
Dragon D Luffy - Medium Bad
Dharmahelper - Medium Civ
dom - Civ
Epignosis - Medium Bad
Long Con - Medium Civ
nutella - Light Bad
Quin - Light Civ
speedchuck - Bad
sprityo - Light Civ
S~V~S - Civ
can you explain your civ read on Dom for me? The man has all of 10 small posts or so
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

He seems like civ Dom to me, just on a gut level. None of his 10 posts or so have pinged my flawless radar.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:26 pm He seems like civ Dom to me, just on a gut level. None of his 10 posts or so have pinged my flawless radar.
fair enough. ill leave Dom aligned with you for now
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 320

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm Maybe the mafia is spread across tribes and the only nightkill was over there?

And if the other side had a lynch as well, wouldn't we find out who was lynched, like we found out about the nijuu nightkill? I think that kind of works against the idea that this was a slip.
1. Not explicitly.

2. They were under Haiku law as well.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:37 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 pm I haven't a read
on Dom, but you voted for
the lowest poster

Dom, who said that your
rainbow was bullshit, and now
you voted for him

No u much Chucky?
Why do you suspect him, Dom,
specifically?
I'm willing to vote for anyone in the four that I mentioned.

Dom is the one that I want to see more from at the moment.

Granted, Dom isn't the only one who dissed my beautiful rainbow. I forgot he did that. Are you sure that wasn't DH? Regardless.

If you've got a single reason for me not to vote Dom, please provide.
Voting Dom is not
my problem and I think that
you know this Speedchuck

My problems the vote
right off the bat for a guy
for a weak sauce reason

I am haikued out
I am going to vote now
Aubergine Speedchuck

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

I think it is your problem. I think this is Buffy all over again. And I think you're town for it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pm By "status quo," I mean that mafia were satisfied with the existing state of affairs in the other tribe, such that they did not feel the need to take down a loudmouth civilian who was raising hell and pointing fingers.
To be fair, it wouldn't get rid of the player.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 pm Perhaps its an off on situation where since we're separated into tribes, the mafia can only kill on certain nights
Then town would have 2 lynches for each mafia kill. Presumably.

Look at where we are in the game. 2 lynches each day. 2 kills per night. 2 lives per player. I'm hardly making assumptions. This is basic, assuming that the people in the other thread have something to do. The lynches sure as heck aren't alternating, so the kills aren't either.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm

1. Not explicitly.

2. They were under Haiku law as well.
Oh yeah, Haiku law. Righty-ho.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epi's nightkill analysis assumes that mafia teams have chat across the divide. I'm not willing to rely on it entirely, but I am willing to use it.

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] Who would you consider a go-along-to-get-along mafia player?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:36 pm I guess I can eliminate the following options:

colonialbob -- immune I guess
Long Con -- off the poll
sprityo -- I am very confident he's town
S~V~S -- votes against her presumably won't count

And I think I most likely won't vote for Epi, I think he's civ though not quite as confident as I am on sprityo.

That leaves DDL, DH, Dom, Quin, and Speed.

DDL and DH are high contributors, I lean town on them but I think there have been a couple things that made me feel iffy about each of them, but unless something convincing comes up I'm much less likely to vote for either of them than any of the remaining three. Dom I never know what to think of, he could be anything. Quin... idk, kinda suspicious from yesterday but I'll have to reread. Speed, I'm really waffly on, there have been some really good points against him but I have found his points in defense pretty compelling.

So it's probably between Dom, Quin, and Speed. :shrug:
hey I'm at work and not even reading haha but this is the first I'm hearing of this suspicion nutella what's going on haha
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”