Total votes: 4
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 4

Post by Sloonei »

insertnamehere wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:24 pm Scotty is my top town read because I get a stronger sense from him than anyone else that he's trying to solce the game. He's here, he's engaged and he's not afraid to state his mind. His previous role is the only slight complication.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's stated case against sig right now. My own thoughts on him havd shifted to a town lean. He looks to me like a player who doesn't care about how he is being perceived, which I take as a good thing.

I'm still not inspired by a single word of any case against spacedaisy.
Your reads seem to be solely driven by emotion. And, as you've shown with your suspicion of Boomslang, you seem to be emotionally favorable towards people attempting to work with you and who also agree with your reads, while being judgmental towards those with whom you disagree.

This response just knocked you down a couple of places on my rainbow list.
In spite of all that i just said, this post set off alarms left and right for me. It feels calculated and it's off base. INH is, I think, referencing my post from earlier when I observed that I've seldom agreed with Boomslang in this game and, in that same post, that I was unsure what this meant for Boom's alignment. In various other posts I've expressed unrelated reasons for suspecting Boomslang. Also in various other posts I've expressed strong townreads on players who disagree with me. Jack was my probablt my strongest town read on Day 1, and the basis of this was that he was aggressively pursuing me as his top suspect. I currently list Spacedaisy as a top town read while she is campaigning to lynch DrWilgy, a player who I also read as town. I have no idea where INH is pulling this interpretation of me from.

I also don't know what he means when says my reads seem to be driven by emotion, or why that is to be considered a bad thing. I try to read people emotionally, I guess. It's part of my approach to the game.

This post felt like it was conceived of for the purpose of arriving at a negative conclusion about me, rather than an honest progression of thoughts. "This response knocked you down a couple of places" after referencing a couple of points that are nowhere near the response in question seems to betray a bit of pre-planning and forethought passed off as spontaneity.

Now imagine I said all of this in front of strobe lights and some spacey techno dance beat.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Day 3

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:44 pm Jack feels town to me. His suspicion of me feels genuine. He's not overdoing it and he's not straining to manipulate others to see his point of view; he's just stating his concerns and talking about things. He's probably my strongest town read in the thread.
:blush:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:44 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

If what you muse about is correct Scotty, that means you have a higher likelihood of being anti-town than any other player in this thread.
Yuck.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 am

If what you muse about is correct Scotty, that means you have a higher likelihood of being anti-town than any other player in this thread.
Yuck.
Cause if Scotty is bad, why toss out a theory that he is bad? He’s wrong or Marmot misinterprets (I fall here, with “misinterpret” including margin of error). Vote feels bullshitty.

Marmot follows this up by channeling Jimmy, making demands and pushes. I think the follow up demands and pushes likely mean more than this vote but idk how I feel about them right now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
Sig's treatment of me is the primary reason I suspect him as well. I keep going back and forth from suspecting him to approaching his lynch with caution. I think I should just commit to it. I've convinced myself while typing this post to put my aubergine on sig.

vote sig
If you haven’t already elaborated on this, talk to me about how Sig has been treating you and why it makes you suspect him. If you have, assume I’ll find it and disregard.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 2

Backing up a bit cause memory suck.
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 am
“sig” wrote:Also since Speed was lynched and revealed does that mean he's died twice? Since I seem to recall it saying you don't flip on your first lynch.
Your alignment isn’t revealed in your 1st death, only your role.

Which is why people were wondering if nijuu was a mafia sacrifice.

Speedchuck is most definitely town or at least civ-leaning, because there aren’t enough people in the game to warrant a mafia doctor.
Eeeeeeeeh. I wouldn’t make that assumption outright.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 2

Especially weird to say cause Scotty had an anti town lookin role. So why assume town role = town alignment?
Golden wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:52 pm
MacDougall was hunched in a corner, musing to himself about how best to put his plans into actions. His acolytes were waiting for instruction.

"Those fools" said MacDougall "They actually believe the Citadel Council put MacGoogle into the system. And did they really think I would be hired to be a train engineer? This lot are so naive. They couldn't even tell that I'd faked my own death.

But we have a problem. The Citadel Council have clearly got plants, people in the system who are doing their bidding. It's getting in the way of my plans for world dominance. Or at least, for dominance of the Syndicate once and for all. I see no other option, devotees. It's time to be ruthless."

"We know what we must do." said an acolyte. They stood up and departed.

Night 2 has ended. Scotty has been killed. He was:
Infinity: The Reapers (Mass Effect). You are only here to influence the minds of all sentient beings and then reap their souls. You can insanify a player of your choice each night.

It is now day 3. It will last for 48 hours.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This is stupid. I think Scotty is good regardless plus literally nightkilled by what we can assume was the mafia.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Boomslang says: I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Sloonei says: I'm not uite sure what he is referring to when he says "whoever did the kill is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created." Every kill carries an element of wifom. That's kind of the nature of nightkills. I don't know why this nightkill has to be exceptionally wifomy, Blooper relationship and all.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that post. In my experience, it’s scum that talk about scum laughing at the town. It’s a tick. Boomslang is kinda full of little ticks.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:26 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 am

Yuck.
Cause if Scotty is bad, why toss out a theory that he is bad? He’s wrong or Marmot misinterprets (I fall here, with “misinterpret” including margin of error). Vote feels bullshitty.

Marmot follows this up by channeling Jimmy, making demands and pushes. I think the follow up demands and pushes likely mean more than this vote but idk how I feel about them right now.
Typical Marmot with some light joke votes followed up by putting on his suit and tie and getting to business. I think he’s a civ lean for me at this point for his desire to get to down to business as the game progresses.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:46 am This is stupid. I think Scotty is good regardless plus literally nightkilled by what we can assume was the mafia.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:23 am Boomslang says: I strongly suspect that whoever did kill her is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created. I'm betting it's one of the older players who understands the couples meta. Coupled with sig's good point about a ballsy scum team being willing to NK their own for the wifom...

Sloonei says: I'm not uite sure what he is referring to when he says "whoever did the kill is laughing their asses off at the WIFOM they just created." Every kill carries an element of wifom. That's kind of the nature of nightkills. I don't know why this nightkill has to be exceptionally wifomy, Blooper relationship and all.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that post. In my experience, it’s scum that talk about scum laughing at the town. It’s a tick. Boomslang is kinda full of little ticks.
So let’s vote Boomslang k?

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 44

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:24 pm Scotty is my top town read because I get a stronger sense from him than anyone else that he's trying to solce the game. He's here, he's engaged and he's not afraid to state his mind. His previous role is the only slight complication.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's stated case against sig right now. My own thoughts on him havd shifted to a town lean. He looks to me like a player who doesn't care about how he is being perceived, which I take as a good thing.

Your reads seem to be solely driven by emotion. And, as you've shown with your suspicion of Boomslang, you seem to be emotionally favorable towards people attempting to work with you and who also agree with your reads, while being judgmental towards those with whom you disagree.

In spite of all that i just said, this post set off alarms left and right for me. It feels calculated and it's off base. INH is, I think, referencing my post from earlier when I observed that I've seldom agreed with Boomslang in this game and, in that same post, that I was unsure what this meant for Boom's alignment. In various other posts I've expressed unrelated reasons for suspecting Boomslang. Also in various other posts I've expressed strong townreads on players who disagree with me. Jack was my probablt my strongest town read on Day 1, and the basis of this was that he was aggressively pursuing me as his top suspect. I currently list Spacedaisy as a top town read while she is campaigning to lynch DrWilgy, a player who I also read as town. I have no idea where INH is pulling this interpretation of me from.

I also don't know what he means when says my reads seem to be driven by emotion, or why that is to be considered a bad thing. I try to read people emotionally, I guess. It's part of my approach to the game.

This post felt like it was conceived of for the purpose of arriving at a negative conclusion about me, rather than an honest progression of thoughts. "This response knocked you down a couple of places" after referencing a couple of points that are nowhere near the response in question seems to betray a bit of pre-planning and forethought passed off as spontaneity.

Now imagine I said all of this in front of strobe lights and some spacey techno dance beat.
* Darude sandstorm plays in background *
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:26 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:14 pm @Spacedaisy in what way is INH my teammate?
When I read that post it just read as super non-committal can go either way on INH kind of feel. Odder still when you consider how hard you defended INH from Sloonei at game start. It just struck me as odd. But that said, I don't have a strong feel on this, it was a gut response to one comment as I was reading through while at work. I wouldn't really even consider basing any kind of vote on this. Just laying out as much of my thoughts as I can.
Omoshiroi desu ne?

I didn't think I was defending INH at the start. I was more so focused on Sloondog. I just remembered that I saw opportunism and didn't like that.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I do feel as though it is a distinct possibility that there is only a pocket of mafia. Daisy brought it up too, but the syntax of the rules is tricky.
It is possible for players to change win conditions or affiliations, however any mafia player who has BTSC with their team for role one will continue to have the same affiliation and win conditions for role two.
The purple highlight leaves it open to interpretation as to whether or not all mafia have BTSC.
The yellow highlight then also leaves it open as to whether or not there is only one team.

That sentence can also be used in describing a normal BTSC 1 team mafia though, so who knows

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]Golden[/mention] "Dragon D. Luffy has had his first life restored, but to be fair to all he will remain in his second role for both lives. His role will not be revealed upon his first death."

I see that you removed the original Day 3 lynch post with DDL's 1st role. Is that role meant to be forgotten or can we talk about it since it was out in the open for a full 3 days?

I only ask because I have forgotten it and would like to unforget it for my own sanity.

Thanks! Sincerely,

A Curious Scotty

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 pm Quick non-insanified explanation of my Sig vote yesterday.

I didn't like his statements on the haiku situation, it kinda felt like covering for possible liars.

I sided with Boomslang on the whole 70% comment. Thought it was weird, and didn't like how people jumped to sig's defense and attacked Boomslang simply for pointing it out.

Then there's his flippity floppity treatment of Sloonei which just felt disingenuous. TBH, I might end up voting for him again today.
Sig's treatment of me is the primary reason I suspect him as well. I keep going back and forth from suspecting him to approaching his lynch with caution. I think I should just commit to it. I've convinced myself while typing this post to put my aubergine on sig.

vote sig
If you haven’t already elaborated on this, talk to me about how Sig has been treating you and why it makes you suspect him. If you have, assume I’ll find it and disregard.
I didn't like how sig transitioned from town reading me to suspecting me. It was like he waited for somebody else (you) to build a case for me first that he could latch onto.
I'm no longer following this line of thought.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 3

Post by Boomslang »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:13 am
Maybe that self vote was because I wanted to see what the other thread was up to.

:suspish:
What does this even mean? Sloonei is the one who got to see the other thread, and surely you could hold off on your vote until you've had a chance to read his comments.
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 pm
I cemented the vote for Sloonei because he already had 2 votes and didn’t want, *cough* no offense Wilgy, but other people to start putting their names in. At that point, I didn’t see a need to “talk about it”. I think Sloonei was a good choice but I also think we didn’t need to already have 3 votes out there without consultation. So yeah, I stand by my vote.
You didn't want other people to put their names in? Do you trust Sloonei that completely that you didn't feel any extra discussion or candidates were necessary? And I'm curious why you specifically mention Wilgy here.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:13 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:54 pm
I still don't think Boomslang is bad. And I didn't want to vote on a bandwagon, because I didn't suspect the people with multiple votes on them. So, I gave a vote to a player that I had some suspicion of, knowing that they wouldn't likely be lynched with 1 vote. I'm not sure why you see that as suspicious. (other than the fact that you suspect Boomslang)
What was the basis of your suspicion of me, why have you not mentioned it elsewhere, and why was it preferable to cast a vote that was not going to result in anything happening?
Why is it preferable to lend your vote to a bandwagon you don't agree with for the sheer pleasure of "making something happen?" This reads like frustration about being unable to completely control the thread narrative.

Which INH just put far more elegantly than I could.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's better to cast a vote that has a chance of impacting the lynch results. Votes are one of the strongest weapons civilians have in this game. They shouldn't be wasted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you distrust me? Who would you have preferred to send to the other tribe?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Cerberus Tribe - Night 3

Post by Scotty »

Boomslang wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 pm
I cemented the vote for Sloonei because he already had 2 votes and didn’t want, *cough* no offense Wilgy, but other people to start putting their names in. At that point, I didn’t see a need to “talk about it”. I think Sloonei was a good choice but I also think we didn’t need to already have 3 votes out there without consultation. So yeah, I stand by my vote.
You didn't want other people to put their names in? Do you trust Sloonei that completely that you didn't feel any extra discussion or candidates were necessary? And I'm curious why you specifically mention Wilgy here.
[/quote]
I guess I didn’t answer as elegantly as I could have. I meant that of the options currently on the table, I would rather have had Sloonei go than Wilgy. I had to leave later and seeing as how fast people had volunteered names, I didn’t think we were going in a direction of conferring with each other.

I mentioned Wilgy because he put his own name in.

Also you’re bad.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 amI see that you removed the original Day 3 lynch post with DDL's 1st role. Is that role meant to be forgotten or can we talk about it since it was out in the open for a full 3 days?
I don't think you see that. For one thing, seeing that I have removed something is an oxymoron. You wouldn't be able to see that I had removed it. Secondly, and perhaps some would say more importantly, it's still exactly where it always was. You probably made the mistake of forgetting there were two hosts and isoing my posts looking for it...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:13 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:08 amI see that you removed the original Day 3 lynch post with DDL's 1st role. Is that role meant to be forgotten or can we talk about it since it was out in the open for a full 3 days?
I don't think you see that. For one thing, seeing that I have removed something is an oxymoron. You wouldn't be able to see that I had removed it. Secondly, and perhaps some would say more importantly, it's still exactly where it always was. You probably made the mistake of forgetting there were two hosts and isoing my posts looking for it...
:ponder: :noble:

I think you’re bad. Why can’t I vote for you in the poll?

(Sorry, my bad)

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:26 am Another point I meant to make about wilgy: He's given me most of his focus and has firmly expressed his suspicion, but he's not yet placed a vote on me at any time that I know of. :chickendance:
Didn’t someone also say that one of wilgy’s metas when he’s bad is that he becomes less ‘silly’?
Yeah but we keep testing that and he keeps flipping town. Nai imo.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi game! Who wants to be lynched?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Insertnamehere has died. He was:
39: Tina Wesson (Survivor). Each night, you will choose one player to inject with an innoculation to a particular virus. Any player who is given the innoculation will be unable to catch the virus and will be cured if they already have it. You may not target the same player twice.

Carry on.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lol what

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RIP insertnamehere.

And also, welcome to the game insertnamehere.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Won't be voting for insertnamehere today.

Anyone else want to be lynched?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Whaaaaaaaa

I don’t see that as a mafia role, either. :(

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll contine voting for boomslang.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]Boomslang[/mention] why not go check what I was voting for?

I don't think I'll be changing my vote. Apparently you haven't been genuine in your hunting.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm @Marmot the other tribe has a role thay forces one player each day to post in haiku. Other than that, they didn't appear to have any post restrictions present in their thread.

As for the discussion about the votes that sent me there, I had no say in it. I didn't get home from work until about 6 hours after I'd been given the privilege. So if the desire was to send someone there right away, I wasn't the best choice. I did devote a big part of my morning yesterday to going through their thread and I'm grateful that y'all picked me for the task. I have no concerns about the voters who sent me there for doing so, but I can see why we might want to discuss those things in more detail if it comes up again.
I didn't really have time to discuss, even, so I just placed my vote and left.

After reading their thread, did you gather any takeaways for our thread?

Right now, this game feels like Cerberus vs Pikachu more than civilian vs mafia. Every role that's flipped has potential to be civilian, or independent, and as everyone in Cerberus is aware, we seem unable to lynch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:37 pm @Marmot the other tribe has a role thay forces one player each day to post in haiku. Other than that, they didn't appear to have any post restrictions present in their thread.

As for the discussion about the votes that sent me there, I had no say in it. I didn't get home from work until about 6 hours after I'd been given the privilege. So if the desire was to send someone there right away, I wasn't the best choice. I did devote a big part of my morning yesterday to going through their thread and I'm grateful that y'all picked me for the task. I have no concerns about the voters who sent me there for doing so, but I can see why we might want to discuss those things in more detail if it comes up again.

Right now, this game feels like Cerberus vs Pikachu more than civilian vs mafia. Every role that's flipped has potential to be civilian, or independent, and as everyone in Cerberus is aware, we seem unable to lynch.
If you vote for Boomslang, there is a higher chance that we will be able :srsnod:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

In other news. I've been stuck as a juror for the past day and a half with this song stuck in my head the entire time.

This is pretty much my own personal hell
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

What do you currently think about insertnamehere?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:28 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:26 pm

If you vote for Boomslang, there is a higher chance that we will be able :srsnod:
Yes sir. Anything you say sir.

:noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So Tina as a character is intriguing in that we already had a pure doctor role in the midst over in Pikachu while over here we seem to have someone that is basically a curer, not a doctor entirely.

I figure the virus mechanism (I would assume it would be a role counter to Tina, probably the Chemist from Survicor Mafia) is someone’s first role, and not necessarily on this tribe. If it weren’t someone’s first role, INh’s Impact on the game is pretty useless if he dies right away, like happened here.

No, I’d think the Chemist or whatever role is responsible for releasing a virus is mafia and is on this tribe.

What’s even scarier is I think that INH was inflicted with it, and either a) he didn’t know about it or b) he couldn’t target himself. If it’s A, then... :omg:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:30 pm [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

Are you trying to make sure we never lynch anyone or are you actually not suspicious at all of Boomslang?

I think INH was good based on that role reveal. I have no idea as of now.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm In other news. I've been stuck as a juror for the past day and a half with this song stuck in my head the entire time.

lol are you and LoRab at the same trial?

Is it a civil or criminal trial? If civil, im so sorry that’s boring as shit

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:37 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm In other news. I've been stuck as a juror for the past day and a half with this song stuck in my head the entire time.

lol nah.

It's civil. 2 old fuckers arguing. If this continues for the entirety of the 3 days I may break my skull against a wall.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Are you trying to make sure we never lynch anyone or are you actually not suspicious at all of Boomslang?

I'm interested in knowing the cause of his death.

I recall Spacedaisy expressing recent suspicion of him, though yes she was not the only one. Additionally, inh is voting for her.

What do you think? It's possible that the virus is what killed inh, and that'd be rather sad for the thing that he was protecting us from is what became the death of him. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:37 pm

DrWilgy and LoRab have BTSC! :eek:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I recall Spacedaisy expressing recent suspicion of him, though yes she was not the only one. Additionally, inh is voting for her.

What do you think? It's possible that the virus is what killed inh, and that'd be rather sad for the thing that he was protecting us from is what became the death of him. :(
I’m wracking my brain for a mechanism that would kill at a random time in the day.

A glaring one is probably a one-shot vig kill. Pretty ballsy to do that when someone you suspect still has a life left, but I guess that’s plausible and could have worked out if INH was a role that screamed mafia.

I mean shit, he could still be mafia and “virus” could very well be “save” in a weird opposite bizzarro world. So in essence a strongman type role.

I choose to believe he was a doctor-lite tho

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't understand the concept of civil juries. I have enough of an issue with criminal juries, and at least they make sense.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm So Tina as a character is intriguing in that we already had a pure doctor role in the midst over in Pikachu while over here we seem to have someone that is basically a curer, not a doctor entirely.

I figure the virus mechanism (I would assume it would be a role counter to Tina, probably the Chemist from Survicor Mafia) is someone’s first role, and not necessarily on this tribe. If it weren’t someone’s first role, INh’s Impact on the game is pretty useless if he dies right away, like happened here.

No, I’d think the Chemist or whatever role is responsible for releasing a virus is mafia and is on this tribe.

What’s even scarier is I think that INH was inflicted with it, and either a) he didn’t know about it or b) he couldn’t target himself. If it’s A, then... :omg:
Why do you think he was inflicted?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Our "inability to lynch" so far probably stems from our lack of consensus on the polls. The other tribe has simply been out-voting us so far. It we want to lynch somebody, we need to all agree on a name.

LoRab and Boomslang are my top suspects. I remain open to other names, but we are running out of time. Splitting the vote means another day of not lynching one of our suspects, and losing another one of our town reads. Or having one of our town reads lose a life, at least.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 pm

I’m wracking my brain for a mechanism that would kill at a random time in the day.

A glaring one is probably a one-shot vig kill. Pretty ballsy to do that when someone you suspect still has a life left, but I guess that’s plausible and could have worked out if INH was a role that screamed mafia.

I mean shit, he could still be mafia and “virus” could very well be “save” in a weird opposite bizzarro world. So in essence a strongman type role.

If Boomslang is a vig of some sort, today would be the perfect time to use that shot. But considering his interactions with inh, I don't see him suspecting inh at all, I doubt a civ-minded Boomslang would target inh.

Still, I believe the virus got him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:34 pm So Tina as a character is intriguing in that we already had a pure doctor role in the midst over in Pikachu while over here we seem to have someone that is basically a curer, not a doctor entirely.

Why do you think he was inflicted?
Just the role itself reminded me that there was someone in survivor who made people sick. That stagnated hunger to kill someone at the end of the phase, but I don’t see why this couldn’t be a timed thing (like the Chemist inflicted INH with a virus exactly 72 hours ago and exactly 72 hours later, he dies).

But it could just as likely be a vig shot, tbh

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:53 pm Our "inability to lynch" so far probably stems from our lack of consensus on the polls. The other tribe has simply been out-voting us so far. It we want to lynch somebody, we need to all agree on a name.

LoRab and Boomslang are my top suspects. I remain open to other names, but we are running out of time. Splitting the vote means another day of not lynching one of our suspects, and losing another one of our town reads. Or having one of our town reads lose a life, at least.
I don't plan on lynching Spacedaisy today, I'm using my vote for other reasons.

Why do you suspect LoRab?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 pm

Day kills aren't an uncommon thing. I feel like I see them more frequently than civilian silencers, for instance. That's usually the explanation when a player drops dead mid-phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”