Total votes: 16
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am MP provided a reason someone else might think something he would have no knowledge of.

why?
I'm confused. What are you talking about?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am
Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 am I also would like to say that if any of you all think I'm distancing with LC, then I have no idea what to say to that. My behavior surrounding him is not indicative of the way I would handle a teammate, but I suppose I can understand why the conclusion would arise.
"This is not how I would distance with a teammate. But this is exactly what distancing with a teammate looks like"
I mean, if MP7 is civilian, what would you expect him to say here?
Not a thousand qualifiers in the event that LC is bad
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 am I also would like to say that if any of you all think I'm distancing with LC, then I have no idea what to say to that. My behavior surrounding him is not indicative of the way I would handle a teammate, but I suppose I can understand why the conclusion would arise.
"This is not how I would distance with a teammate. But this is exactly what distancing with a teammate looks like"
Pretty much, yeah. I don't distance like this. It's sloppy.
Is it?
I'm the only one who noticed it.
Noticed what specifically?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am I can see all the logic in your explanation MP and totally missed the posts you quoted.

Now my question is why LC didn't actually do what you just did?
This is how I feel too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 am
But I think LC is bad, you dingus.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 am
What?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:29 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 amAlso, MP said he was moving his vote to Jack, but didn't.
But I did move my vote to Jack? I voted you, then Jack, then back to you again.
My brain is frying. I don't see a slip.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 288

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am
Pretty much, yeah. I don't distance like this. It's sloppy.
Is it?
I'm the only one who noticed it.
Yes and Marmot and I were both very impressed. And LC was very :rolleyes:.

Linki paralysis!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:40 am I can see all the logic in your explanation MP and totally missed the posts you quoted.

Now my question is why LC didn't actually do what you just did?
I have no idea, but my guess is that he's going to flip bad and wants me to be mislynched.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Either that or he was genuinely lost in the conversation, but I would guess then that he would have asked for clarification and not just written you all off.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:30 am Where did you tell him you were going to do that?
In my vote post?
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am That has to be the most manufactured suspicion of me I've seen in quite some time, and boy have I seen a lot of it over the years. Congrats, LC. You're now blood red in my rainbow.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am [VOTE: VOTE: LONG CON] aubergine

You're full of shit.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am For the sake of truly letting this LC thing go until I return, the last thing I'll do (promise) is move vote to Jackofhearts2005. I feel like of every player in this game that hasn't been really quiet, he's the one I just cannot get any handle on whatsoever. What say you, Jack? Where's your head at? Show us that supatown Jack we all want to see.

But just know that I also still think LC is bad (even if I have my doubts) and I want to know what you all think. :feb:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am Oh, whoops. Keep forgetting these vote tag things.

[VOTE: VOTE: JACKOFHEARTS2005] aubergine
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 pm I'll move my vote back to LC for now. Before I left I was afraid I was unfairly tunneling him, but having returned to all of this and seen subsequent posts from him, I don't think I was. What is bugging me right now actually is this post, which LC made right after I left earlier today. What bothers me about it is specifically the second section the most, where he simultaneously is backtracking on me but also doubling down on his perspective that I'm strawmanning. It reads inorganic and forced, like LC's trying to still be consistent in his suspicion of me (which mafia tend to do) while also putting his foot off the brakes a bit.

[VOTE: LONG CON] aubergine

I'd still like to engage with Jack though. ;)
That's the train of events. I voted LC, then felt like I was tunneling him unfairly so I moved to Jack shortly thereafter, then came back into the thread a few hours after that and decided to vote LC again.

I have no idea why anyone would think I'd be then moving back to Jack again. There's nothing in my behavior or post history to suggest that. I'm assuming LC's post comes from a lack of realizing my vote was on Jack for a few hours.

The fact that he didn't clarify any of this though and just acted pissed off with you all means I'm totally fine with lynching him. But I'm certainly not involved in this.
Hey, LC, here's your out.

MP, why did you provide LC with an excuse if you truly have no idea why LC thought that you planned on moving your vote back to Jack?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:42 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 amAlso, MP said he was moving his vote to Jack, but didn't.
can't tell if serious
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There was no slip. It looked like LC accidentally let slip that MP told him he was changing his vote in btsc but MP has shown the posts LC should have pointed at.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I actually looked for that post, didn't find it, and thought I must have remembered wrong.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't either, but from what I can gather (someone correct me if I'm wrong), I'm supposing they took what LC said ("MP said he would move his vote to Jack" or something to that effect) as the slip, as if I was going to move to Jack in the future. When in reality, I assume LC got confused with respect to my multiple vote changes within the span of 5-6 hours or so.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 am I actually looked for that post, didn't find it, and thought I must have remembered wrong.
I keyword searched his post history for the word change but he wrote move in the post.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:43 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:30 am Where did you tell him you were going to do that?
In my vote post?
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am That has to be the most manufactured suspicion of me I've seen in quite some time, and boy have I seen a lot of it over the years. Congrats, LC. You're now blood red in my rainbow.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am [VOTE: VOTE: LONG CON] aubergine

You're full of shit.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am For the sake of truly letting this LC thing go until I return, the last thing I'll do (promise) is move vote to Jackofhearts2005. I feel like of every player in this game that hasn't been really quiet, he's the one I just cannot get any handle on whatsoever. What say you, Jack? Where's your head at? Show us that supatown Jack we all want to see.

But just know that I also still think LC is bad (even if I have my doubts) and I want to know what you all think. :feb:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am Oh, whoops. Keep forgetting these vote tag things.

[VOTE: VOTE: JACKOFHEARTS2005] aubergine
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 pm I'll move my vote back to LC for now. Before I left I was afraid I was unfairly tunneling him, but having returned to all of this and seen subsequent posts from him, I don't think I was. What is bugging me right now actually is this post, which LC made right after I left earlier today. What bothers me about it is specifically the second section the most, where he simultaneously is backtracking on me but also doubling down on his perspective that I'm strawmanning. It reads inorganic and forced, like LC's trying to still be consistent in his suspicion of me (which mafia tend to do) while also putting his foot off the brakes a bit.

[VOTE: LONG CON] aubergine

I'd still like to engage with Jack though. ;)
That's the train of events. I voted LC, then felt like I was tunneling him unfairly so I moved to Jack shortly thereafter, then came back into the thread a few hours after that and decided to vote LC again.

I have no idea why anyone would think I'd be then moving back to Jack again. There's nothing in my behavior or post history to suggest that. I'm assuming LC's post comes from a lack of realizing my vote was on Jack for a few hours.

The fact that he didn't clarify any of this though and just acted pissed off with you all means I'm totally fine with lynching him. But I'm certainly not involved in this.
Hey, LC, here's your out.

MP, why did you provide LC with an excuse if you truly have no idea why LC thought that you planned on moving your vote back to Jack?
It's not an excuse; it's an attempt to explain what transpired. Don't you care about that, or do you just want to blindly lynch two people?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Damn, and here I thought you guys actually had something amazing. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm all for an LC lynch though. Sloonei and Colin are good choices as well. But LC is my first choice still if I had full control over the outcome.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am Damn, and here I thought you guys actually had something amazing. :p
Well .... we figured out that wolbre and Sloonei are indie! That's something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think what's apparent to come out of this situation too is, instead of trying to come to some kind of clarification with Mac and Dom, LC just rolled his eyes and continued to let the chaos ensue. I don't think that's town behavior. So add it to the fire and let's lynch this guy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am Damn, and here I thought you guys actually had something amazing. :p
Oh, I skimmed over that, didn't quite get it. What's the reason, because of reads spew basically?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I mean discerning characters such as Thebes and Marmot saw what Dom saw too so it's not like it was bananas.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:49 am
Oh, I skimmed over that, didn't quite get it. What's the reason, because of reads spew basically?
Wolbre is overprotective of Sloonei and outright indie read him. How could he be that sure he is indie? Because he recognised his btsc partner.

Quin is the other.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, no, I totally get why the situation came to be. I think the confusion is a believable byproduct of my changing mind yesterday.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I want to lynch Colin today and give LC some more rope to hang himself with tomorrow :nicenod: Long Con's energy might be off right now, y'know? :smoky:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:51 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:49 am
Wolbre is overprotective of Sloonei and outright indie read him. How could he be that sure he is indie? Because he recognised his btsc partner.

Quin is the other.
That's believable, especially considering Sloonei's behavior this game is sort of like Sloonei-lite. Why would he really care to hunt if he was indie anyway?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LCs explanation as to why he didn't defend himself is sound to me because I too couldn't find the post.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:48 am Image

remmebering when i used to be funny
That was the game where I trolled everyone by enforcing insanities from games I hadn't played, right?

That should have been my best role use.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:53 am I want to lynch Colin today and give LC some more rope to hang himself with tomorrow :nicenod: Long Con's energy might be off right now, y'know? :smoky:
Is this a product of your earlier expressed town read on LC as well? Can you maybe explain to me where that's arising, or anything I should reconsider specifically?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 am I think what's apparent to come out of this situation too is, instead of trying to come to some kind of clarification with Mac and Dom, LC just rolled his eyes and continued to let the chaos ensue. I don't think that's town behavior. So add it to the fire and let's lynch this guy.
I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior

Be quiet the coitus up with this fecal matter
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:54 am LCs explanation as to why he didn't defend himself is sound to me because I too couldn't find the post.
That's fair.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

This is going to bite me in the ass later
(I'm not indie I swear)
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:54 am
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:53 am I want to lynch Colin today and give LC some more rope to hang himself with tomorrow :nicenod: Long Con's energy might be off right now, y'know? :smoky:
Is this a product of your earlier expressed town read on LC as well? Can you maybe explain to me where that's arising, or anything I should reconsider specifically?
I'm simply tone-reading him as sincere and it's working for me so far.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Back to Colin?

Alright angry mob. Back to Colin.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 am
Well, I was tone-reading him as sincere earlier in the game and even very occasionally since then, so I can understand that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:54 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 am I think what's apparent to come out of this situation too is, instead of trying to come to some kind of clarification with Mac and Dom, LC just rolled his eyes and continued to let the chaos ensue. I don't think that's town behavior. So add it to the fire and let's lynch this guy.
I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior I don't think that's town behavior

Be quiet the coitus up with this fecal matter
I ... don't think they're teammates.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:54 am LCs explanation as to why he didn't defend himself is sound to me because I too couldn't find the post.
I started from the posts where we both calmed down a little... I haven't looked back to see if I missed it because it was before those posts, or because I just missed it. Should have searched for 'Jack'... I was just scrolling through his ISO from that point. It was a bit half-hearted because I trusted that you witch hunt motherfuckers would exercise due diligence, but that trust was severely misplaced. You were all more interested in stroking each other's 'egos' than finding the truth.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:56 am
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 am
Well, I was tone-reading him as sincere earlier in the game and even very occasionally since then, so I can understand that.
LC the scum who is sometimes sincere and his rival Golden the civ who is sometimes insincere.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't think it's prudent for me to engage with that right now anyway. Too many other players to consider. My thoughts on LC are clear. I still think the guy is bad though I have my doubts. So in the end, I can see the sense in going with one of the other two main wagons, even if I'm afraid we have too much groupthink going on. They're sensible wagons.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:57 am
I started from the posts where we both calmed down a little... I haven't looked back to see if I missed it because it was before those posts, or because I just missed it. Should have searched for 'Jack'... I was just scrolling through his ISO from that point. It was a bit half-hearted because I trusted that you witch hunt motherfuckers would exercise due diligence, but that trust was severely misplaced. You were all more interested in stroking each other's 'egos' than finding the truth.
Lol oh shut the expletive deleted up we were just excited and having fun. Go have a warm glass of milk and a lie down old man.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 amIt's not an excuse; it's an attempt to explain what transpired. Don't you care about that, or do you just want to blindly lynch two people?
This post is wise.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I still don't understand why you just didn't say this earlier, but I guess it doesn't matter much. Thanks for the explanation.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 am
Lol oh shut the expletive deleted up we were just excited and having fun. Go have a warm glass of milk and a lie down old man.
Why are Macs post so amusing to me
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MP has used vote tags for all his votes.

I'm really not understanding this.

He said that before he voting Long Con... agian.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 am
No. You are going to have to lynch me to get rid of me now.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:11 am Also, what's trading? I don't recall seeing any trading. We talkin' items here?
Genuine ignorance? Would suggest town.

Unless the scumsters aren't communicating about the trades. It's a pretty important mechanic in this game.

linki x6
Guys I'm not going to catch up if you make posts as fast as I can read them
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

As soon as it was actually explained rationally I immediately backed off. So your tone is not welcome in my place of business Mr. Con.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:11 am Also, what's trading? I don't recall seeing any trading. We talkin' items here?
Genuine ignorance? Would suggest town.

Unless the scumsters aren't communicating about the trades. It's a pretty important mechanic in this game.

linki x6
Guys I'm not going to catch up if you make posts as fast as I can read them
Avoid linki by opening a Google doc during your catch up and building your post in it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:01 pm MP has used vote tags for all his votes.

I'm really not understanding this.

He said that before he voting Long Con... agian.
Well, that's probably not quite true; I think I failed at least once or twice to use the tags earlier in the game. I keep forgetting. But I'm trying to remember, and I did use them the most recent few times I believe.

Return to “Previous Jobs”