U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 0

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm
Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 pm She's saying it's handpicked because the player sends in the role, so Mac knows who it is if he constructs particular roles into particular teams.
Oh.

Before the game began I actually believed there'd be a good chance I'd end up on a mafia team, or at least non-civilian, because of the role I submitted. I didn't envision Mac specifically selecting JJJ for such an alignment, but the role I selected. And if all the selected roles are mixed up in a cauldron and extracted for alignments, they don't necessarily have to be attached to the submitting player as Mac is building the game.

We know now that it was all randomized. I couldn't be confident of that though until I saw my own civilian alignment. dunya, I don't think you had the same luxury because Lizzy the cat does not imply any kind of morality or alignment posture.
I believe the roles are randomised simply because I believe they should be. Handpicking player alignments is a kind of taboo for me as a host. I have no problems with dunya's view on it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Post by Quin »

I might be misunderstanding her perspective.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

No I'm not. Good day.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Dear Diary,

It's been four days since we left Colorado. And there's still a stretch ahead of us on the road. Our time in San Diego was rough, and now San Fransisco is before us.

Shark has been tough throughout the years, but the years have been weighing on him. I hate to say that about anybody, but a lefty like me can knock someone like Shark around if he gets sloppy.

DJ is hurt, but I think we'll get along okay. We've got Nolan and Trevor. The wind is blowing out about 19mph. I know that doesn't mean much here in San Fran, but we're going to try to make it work for us all the same.

Wish us luck.

XOXO
Charlie
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 pm I believe the roles are randomised simply because I believe they should be. Handpicking player alignments is a kind of taboo for me as a host. I have no problems with dunya's view on it.
I agree that they should be. That doesn't mean it's completely obvious that they are. Do you disagree with that?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epi is playing Oregon Trail?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 pm I believe the roles are randomised simply because I believe they should be. Handpicking player alignments is a kind of taboo for me as a host. I have no problems with dunya's view on it.
I agree that they should be. That doesn't mean it's completely obvious that they are. Do you disagree with that?
Out of baseless expectation, yes. "It should be, therefore it is." dunya is not being unreasonable. And from her posts she's not stopping you from pushing the alternative either.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm Out of baseless expectation, yes. "It should be, therefore it is." dunya is not being unreasonable. And from her posts she's not stopping you from pushing the alternative either.
I don't care about any alternative being pushed or not pushed. I just care about a player knowing more than she should. She knew way more than she should about the Hellenic League and nobody called it out. I'm here to fix that this time.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:28 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm Out of baseless expectation, yes. "It should be, therefore it is." dunya is not being unreasonable. And from her posts she's not stopping you from pushing the alternative either.
I don't care about any alternative being pushed or not pushed. I just care about a player knowing more than she should. She knew way more than she should about the Hellenic League and nobody called it out. I'm here to fix that this time.
Is this your interpretation of her argument or do you have posts you can pull that tell you this?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:45 pm jay going after me, the most vocal in the thread, on day 0....and breaking his monotonous roleplay....is probably civ jay tho.

he probably hated me calling him lame for choosing an easy role that makes one intentionally apathetic to the game. like how he hated me for calling his detective work in seinfeld weak and going after me for it. these little silly things make jay an angry jay bear. it's fun. :p
Also agree this is an indicator of civ Jay, incidentally.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Hey, I have reads.

dunya
3j

golden
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 pm Hey, I have reads.

dunya
3j

golden
GenuQuin. :nicenod:

(gets lynched)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 pm

dunya
3j

golden

(gets lynched)
Quinfoil
GenuQuin
Quindar

These will sure be added to the Syndicate dictionary with time.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

dunya
3j

golden

(gets lynched)
Quinfoil
GenuQuin
Quindar

I'm responsible for those second two I think. The first one is genius.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm Roles that can kill should start doing it right away. Like immediately upon reading this post if you can do it. I'm not going to be able to keep up with a 300 page thread by the time I get out of work tomorrow so we better thin the ranks now.
this
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 pm

dunya
3j

golden

(gets lynched)
Quinfoil
GenuQuin
Quindar

I'm responsible for those second two I think. The first one is genius.
We can thank Sloonei for that one.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 pm Roles that can kill should start doing it right away. Like immediately upon reading this post if you can do it. I'm not going to be able to keep up with a 300 page thread by the time I get out of work tomorrow so we better thin the ranks now.
this
Disagreed.

Even if you can't keep up. Give everyone a chance to meme.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 pm
Is this your interpretation of her argument or do you have posts you can pull that tell you this?
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 am second of all, what the explicit does your character have to do with your actual role? mac built roles for every character but where you're scum or town is always randomized on here so the argument "my character looks so townie" is moot.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 pm I already told wolbre that characters we chose =/= alignment.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm i wrote it off because mac uses a randomizer. why are you trying to distract us into theorizing about whether mac handpicked scum teams? eh no thx. that's lame. mother teresa could be on the scum team for all i care and i'm not budging from that. if you're so concerned about it, why don't you push that conversation into the thread? why are you acting like i'm silencing you? it's ridiculous.

i don't buy your arguments. i don't buy your logic. i don't buy your fake outrage. you're a bad bullshitter. but pls consider that a compliment cos you were an amazing townie last game.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm dude, what are you smoking? is it the weekend in new zealand already?

i simply dismissed your theory that "you're squeaky clean" cos of your "super duper town sounding role". you're bitter about it, obviously, but that won't help me change my mind.

i told you Mac would randomize that shit. handpicking is the lamest poop on earth, if it's not a player draft, and i refuse to play a game where people were specifically chosen into their alliances. sorry, not sorry. that's a crappy way to determine luck and chances. you're set on proving that you picked a town role that can never not be town, under any circumstances, and you don't think that sounds bad? like, put yourself in my shoes, and imagine i was doing what you're doing right now.

theorize about it all you want, with people who agree with you. i'm not wasting my time on that. and stop acting like i'm bulling you into silence. you're free to say whatever the hell you want and i'm free to disagree with you as much as i like.
Apparently Mac is a predictable host. He falls into obvious cookie-cutter tendencies.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 am yea, my human slave has known mac for 8 years and she says he's batshit crazy so it actually sounds like something he could do...
Er.

Okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 pm Dear Diary,

It's been four days since we left Colorado. And there's still a stretch ahead of us on the road. Our time in San Diego was rough, and now San Fransisco is before us.

Shark has been tough throughout the years, but the years have been weighing on him. I hate to say that about anybody, but a lefty like me can knock someone like Shark around if he gets sloppy.

DJ is hurt, but I think we'll get along okay. We've got Nolan and Trevor. The wind is blowing out about 19mph. I know that doesn't mean much here in San Fran, but we're going to try to make it work for us all the same.

Wish us luck.

XOXO
Charlie
new phone who dis?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm
this
Disagreed.

Even if you can't keep up. Give everyone a chance to meme.
I'm clearly memeing ^^ so I'm well within the rules of this circus affair
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 am second of all, what the explicit does your character have to do with your actual role? mac built roles for every character but where you're scum or town is always randomized on here so the argument "my character looks so townie" is moot.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 pm I already told wolbre that characters we chose =/= alignment.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm i wrote it off because mac uses a randomizer. why are you trying to distract us into theorizing about whether mac handpicked scum teams? eh no thx. that's lame. mother teresa could be on the scum team for all i care and i'm not budging from that. if you're so concerned about it, why don't you push that conversation into the thread? why are you acting like i'm silencing you? it's ridiculous.

i don't buy your arguments. i don't buy your logic. i don't buy your fake outrage. you're a bad bullshitter. but pls consider that a compliment cos you were an amazing townie last game.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm dude, what are you smoking? is it the weekend in new zealand already?

i simply dismissed your theory that "you're squeaky clean" cos of your "super duper town sounding role". you're bitter about it, obviously, but that won't help me change my mind.

i told you Mac would randomize that shit. handpicking is the lamest poop on earth, if it's not a player draft, and i refuse to play a game where people were specifically chosen into their alliances. sorry, not sorry. that's a crappy way to determine luck and chances. you're set on proving that you picked a town role that can never not be town, under any circumstances, and you don't think that sounds bad? like, put yourself in my shoes, and imagine i was doing what you're doing right now.

theorize about it all you want, with people who agree with you. i'm not wasting my time on that. and stop acting like i'm bulling you into silence. you're free to say whatever the hell you want and i'm free to disagree with you as much as i like.
Apparently Mac is a predictable host. He falls into obvious cookie-cutter tendencies.
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:36 am yea, my human slave has known mac for 8 years and she says he's batshit crazy so it actually sounds like something he could do...
Er.

Okay.
I would say Mac is chaotic neutral. If Macdougall is the host, I'd think he'd tweak alignments to avoid an overwhelmingly powerful team. But this is also a bastard game through and through. I don't think he'd bother because of that. Do you?

The coloured is why I suspect Golden, by the way. I also felt him trying to buddy me earlier.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 pm I would say Mac is chaotic neutral. If Macdougall is the host, I'd think he'd tweak alignments to avoid an overwhelmingly powerful team. But this is also a bastard game through and through. I don't think he'd bother because of that. Do you?

The coloured is why I suspect Golden, by the way. I also felt him trying to buddy me earlier.
I don't care what Mac would or wouldn't do. That doesn't help us solve. He already told us he randomized.

What I'm trying to get across is that dunya had no reason to be so certain that Mac randomized before he told us that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 pm I would say Mac is chaotic neutral. If Macdougall is the host, I'd think he'd tweak alignments to avoid an overwhelmingly powerful team. But this is also a bastard game through and through. I don't think he'd bother because of that. Do you?

I don't care what Mac would or wouldn't do. That doesn't help us solve. He already told us he randomized.

What I'm trying to get across is that dunya had no reason to be so certain that Mac randomized before he told us that.
Didn't know he confirmed it. But I still don't fault dunya. I'd have dug my heels in too.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Dear Diary,

Off to a GREAT start.

XOXO
Charlie
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] myJay you're implying she had some *naughty* help coming to that conclusion?

I mean we're obviously dealing with a sociopath here. Would she make the same misyaje twice? :ponder:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm Dear Diary,

Off to a GREAT start.

XOXO
Charlie
Where did I find this book and how do I return it?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
Very little. I had some mild suspicion of him stemming from his interaction with Colin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm So @JaggedJimmyJay myJay you're implying she had some *naughty* help coming to that conclusion?

I mean we're obviously dealing with a sociopath here. Would she make the same misyaje twice? :ponder:
I'm concerned she may have already known the answer because she has a teammate whose goodly-inclined role made it clear that alignment and role submission did not correlate. She couldn't have guessed from her own role since Lizzy the cat comes with no implications.

She'd make the same mistake twice if she didn't realize it was a mistake the first time. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:59 pmShe'd make the same mistake twice if she didn't realize it was a mistake the first time. :dark:
sxandalous
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
Very little. I had some mild suspicion of him stemming from his interaction with Colin.
What exactly in his interaction with Colin piqued your scumdar?

Also, what do you make of Colin from the same interaction?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm

I felt their argument was more semantic than substantive, and Golden's accusations that Colin was misrepresenting him fell flat with me.

I have no issue with Colin to this point.

What are your own reads on both?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm

I felt their argument was more semantic than substantive, and Golden's accusations that Colin was misrepresenting him fell flat with me.

I have no issue with Colin to this point.

What are your own reads on both?
Overall, I like both of them so far. Golden more than Coling, though. Townies that are calling out what they see and aren't scared of being wrong. I don't enjoy much the mechanical aspect of solving the game since it's very NAI for me, but they seem to be taking it to heart.

One thing about Colin, though. I'm not following Colin's attempt to enter the interaction between Dunya and Golden. I didn't like that and it felt out of place. It was also as non-committal as it can be, because he admitted not having followed it entirely. So he didn't know the origin of their disagreement and thus whole conversation.

Golden narrative that about Dunya trying to control the flow of the game, and not letting other vocal townies lead, rubbed me wrong tbh tbf. I didn't get that from her posts and he might have been doing what he accused her of.

What about Dunya?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I see I'm not the only one up for a lynching of me. :shifty:

Also, I'm crossing the US to visit my family tomorrow through Monday, so my availability might be intermittent.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

:slick: :ohyeah:

:epig:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
novaselinenever
Hitman

What's the deal with DDL? What does this entrance mean, lol?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm I feel good about Kyle's contributions. I was worried he'd be burned out, but I feel like I have the real Kyle here with us atm.
Not Burnout. :\ Mario Party 6.
Underappreciated joke here
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm I feel good about Kyle's contributions. I was worried he'd be burned out, but I feel like I have the real Kyle here with us atm.
I know you're up to something whimsical, this is me biting early.
Turnip Head... do you want to play a game?
can I play, too? :o
you can but you'll have to wait your turn, i didn't bring enough controllers
>Mario party
>only 2 controllers

:evileye:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm
dunya wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm
I know you're up to something whimsical, this is me biting early.
Turnip Head... do you want to play a game?
can I play, too? :o
you can but you'll have to wait your turn, i didn't bring enough controllers
>Mario party
>only 2 controllers

wowwwwwwww this is def a scumslip.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Golden wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm People can make all the reads they want.

What I see from dunya is an unwillingness to let other strong personalities drive the town narrative.

In particular, the 'you pick your role, not your affiliation' line that she's trotting out multiple times is terrible. I've pointed out to her how you can use your choice of role to influence your likely affiliation, and she wrote it off with a dismissal. For a town player who asks a lot of questions, that ought to have been a feast for thought and an avenue for genuine consideration and prodding.
Do not like
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm I am entertaining dunya and Golden as being on opposing mafia teams.
Most interesting read I've seen so far

You're gonna destroy that aloof French existentialist vibe if you keep this up
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:42 pm But I would like more input re: wolbre and the alleged Boobquest please and thank you.
Why would he lie about this?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Scotty wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Mac wrote:10. I will probably not reveal the roles and alignments of the deceased. Haven't decided yet. I might with lynches only.
Just saw this. Janitored kills are bad enough, please don’t leave lynches blind too. It’s what I crave
Lol rip this game if there's no reveals on a random set of roles
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 am
Underappreciated joke here
thank you :')
colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 am>Mario party
>only 2 controllers

actually, this is a little unrelated but i used to play mario party 6 alone against the cpus all the time when i was... wow i guess i was 15? i probably spent like 200 hours on that game cus i was a huge weirdo, but i remember it being a little fun.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm I've never played a bastard game before to my knowledge so I really don't know what goes and what doesn't in them, btw.
Basically, roles that could be called “bullshit.”

Vig that can take out three players in a night, goon that’s part of a mason team, cops that only get “mafia” results, etc.
Civ/mafia BTSC is one of my favorite things :(
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am
Mac wrote:10. I will probably not reveal the roles and alignments of the deceased. Haven't decided yet. I might with lynches only.
Just saw this. Janitored kills are bad enough, please don’t leave lynches blind too. It’s what I crave
You are also in trouble now.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Not voting Quin, turnip, wolbre, epi today
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 am
colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 am
You are also in trouble now.
I deserve this

real talk though, sorry if this was insulting. I didn't mean it that way and sincerely apologize if I was an ass.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's fine just learn from your lessons and be a good boy and I won't have to put you in Time Out.

Trust me. You don't want to go to Time Out. :feb:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Does anyone know how to fix the time on the poll? It's sort of locked into the time that I originally created it because it goes up in days not hours/minutes and you can't set the time it finishes specifically?

It needs to not be what it is.

Return to “Previous Jobs”