U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 296

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Post by sig »

And mm self voting is nia saying scum mm dors it more than cob mm isnt accurate id question those who vote on that.
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 16

Post by novaselinenever »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm Wolbre is gut bad and is weird lets lynch him.
What about is boob quest?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm Wolbre is gut bad and is weird lets lynch him.
Hi sig,

What do you think is weird about him?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I am wary of INH. In Ass Class he posted at the beginning of the game, kind of like he posted Day 0 in here, disappeared but was posting in the Genius thread, then reappeared later in the game. He was bad and made a fool out of us because we should have lynched him and didn't. He has posted in Genius today but has not posted in here. I'm not ready to call him bad yet but I think we should keep an eye on him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]sig[/mention]
Don't lynch Wolbre. I want to kill him.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Gonna park myself elsewhere for now, I find the 3P theory against wolbre compelling but, then again, this set-up is kind of fucked so he could be a ridiculous townie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at least.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Scotty, your tone is very different from the civ I saw in AG. Would you care to respond? Additionally, I see a lot of you asking questions of other people, but what about your own reads? Who do you got?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 282

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm I am wary of INH. In Ass Class he posted at the beginning of the game, kind of like he posted Day 0 in here, disappeared but was posting in the Genius thread, then reappeared later in the game. He was bad and made a fool out of us because we should have lynched him and didn't. He has posted in Genius today but has not posted in here. I'm not ready to call him bad yet but I think we should keep an eye on him.
To be fair, hosting the Genius will be quite intensive and it's possible the posting behaviour isn't linked to that specifically.

On the other hand, in GoC he also posted infrequently and was bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:05 pm @sig
Don't lynch Wolbre. I want to kill him.
Are you a vig?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm Wolbre is gut bad and is weird lets lynch 7him.
No clue what that is tbh
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 pm
Hi sig,

Juuuuuuuliettts i always think there should be another l in your name.

Idk juat like his posting style and his early day 0 posts seemed disingenuous
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Won't be around a tonne today. Sick and clingy child.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm Won't be around a tonne today. Sick and clingy child.
Hmmm sick and clingy kid seens like code for evil and overtalkitive mafia chat therefore golden is mafia and his child is the chat
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

:srsnod:
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm Won't be around a tonne today. Sick and clingy child.
Hmmm sick and clingy kid seens like code for evil and overtalkitive mafia chat therefore golden is mafia and his child is the chat
I wish. An evil and overtalkative mafia chat wouldn't have kept me awake all night.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm I am wary of INH. In Ass Class he posted at the beginning of the game, kind of like he posted Day 0 in here, disappeared but was posting in the Genius thread, then reappeared later in the game. He was bad and made a fool out of us because we should have lynched him and didn't. He has posted in Genius today but has not posted in here. I'm not ready to call him bad yet but I think we should keep an eye on him.
To be fair, hosting the Genius will be quite intensive and it's possible the posting behaviour isn't linked to that specifically.

On the other hand, in GoC he also posted infrequently and was bad.
Yes, I actually kept saying in Ass Class "he's probably just busy with the Genius" because I knew it was intense and honestly it seemed like a good enough excuse so I didn't go after him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:41 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 pm
I wish. An evil and overtalkative mafia chat wouldn't have kept me awake all night.
Awwww kids are icky dw i won't lynch or kill you. :p
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Like the player I'm voting for has a thing going on and i wanna know what that is so i suggest we lynch him to find out.

He's not civ i reckon third party not really gettinf mafia vibes right now from him

A night kill would work but like fundamentally we won't gain knowledge fron that
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:33 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 pm
Hi sig,

Juuuuuuuliettts i always think there should be another l in your name.

Idk juat like his posting style and his early day 0 posts seemed disingenuous
Thanks sig. I'll look back at Day 0.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:45 pm Like the player I'm voting for has a thing going on and i wanna know what that is so i suggest we lynch him to find out.

He's not civ i reckon third party not really gettinf mafia vibes right now from him

A night kill would work but like fundamentally we won't gain knowledge fron that
Oh wait - so you're not getting mafia vibes from him? Is there anyone that you are getting mafia vibes from?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:45 pm Like the player I'm voting for has a thing going on and i wanna know what that is so i suggest we lynch him to find out.

Oh wait - so you're not getting mafia vibes from him? Is there anyone that you are getting mafia vibes from?
At first but a quick iso doesnt seem mafiaish he's posting to many weird things for him as mafia imo.

And no i haven't read the thread close enough. Dunya is a bit off but that's probably just paranoia.
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Y tho
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 pm Have read Nutella’s responses to dunya a case. Still think she’s town. Still think dunya a bad.

I agree nutella seems genuinely lost. In FE I read a post of hers in which she ‘appeared’ lost and it read fake to me. I haven’t read any of Nutella’s posts here as fake.
How can nutella be lost? Nothing has happened yet. That’s like getting lost in the kitchen on the way to brush your teeth in the morning
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Spacedaisy »

colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:47 am
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am i'm not sure yet. i like the couple of prods you made and namedrops. you seem like you're high on caffeine too so that's a good thing.
colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:46 am Not voting Quin, turnip, wolbre, epi today
tell me more about these people and why you think they're town.
Didn't say they were town, just that I'm not voting them today.

Quin came in, defended you, seemed genuquin. With two scum teams I doubt he does that as mafia, because you could easily be other team. Potentially you could be w/w but I don't feel he'd be that blatant.

TH and wolbre have quests, which feel real, and make me lean not mafia on them. Thus, not voting there today.

Epi I just want to read more journals tbh. Also he did a bit D1 in Greece and was town so at the very least it's town compatible
TH has a quest? I must've missed this. Can someone fill me in? When does this day end?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 pm Gonna park myself elsewhere for now, I find the 3P theory against wolbre compelling but, then again, this set-up is kind of fucked so he could be a ridiculous townie. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at least.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

Scotty, your tone is very different from the civ I saw in AG. Would you care to respond? Additionally, I see a lot of you asking questions of other people, but what about your own reads? Who do you got?
I’m more in the yolo camp this game. At leart for now. Before the storm of spaghetti-against-the-wall that is going to be N1. This is my D1. I don’t know shit. Dunya and golden have been throwin shit like howler monkies. I’m staying clear of that shit.

I only have seen your bad game, and from my perusal you are playing a slightly different game. That’s a good look for you

What else dost thou want from me

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

Day ends In 24 hours and 43 minutes
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am i'm not sure yet. i like the couple of prods you made and namedrops. you seem like you're high on caffeine too so that's a good thing.
colonialbob wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:46 am Not voting Quin, turnip, wolbre, epi today

Quin came in, defended you, seemed genuquin. With two scum teams I doubt he does that as mafia, because you could easily be other team. Potentially you could be w/w but I don't feel he'd be that blatant.

TH and wolbre have quests, which feel real, and make me lean not mafia on them. Thus, not voting there today.

Epi I just want to read more journals tbh. Also he did a bit D1 in Greece and was town so at the very least it's town compatible
TH has a quest? I must've missed this. Can someone fill me in? When does this day end?
he wants you to sing kooky songs. It’ll probably activate his final form or worse, inflate his ego

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Elohcin »

nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 pm Hot take Eloh is bad kkbye
Not too sure if I comprehend this post correctly. But if nutella is saying I am bad, I don't care. She always sees me as bad so it means nothing to me.
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:07 pm Oh Eloh is in this game. How are you doing @Elohcin?
I'm doing well for now, keeping busy. We will see as I am due a migraine in a few days. The last two I had knocked me out for a week each. I've been on meds for a month and we're (doctor and I) going to see if they keep them away. How are YOU?
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm Also stop posting can't catch up at all
ME! Why are you trying to draw attention?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Kenway is sus. Someon e convince me otherwise

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Elohcin »

I quoted sig wrong. I meant to quote him asking if anyone wanted to ask him a question.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 pm Day ends In 24 hours and 43 minutes
Awesome, I saw the countdown thing and got confused because I thought it said it ended today. Back to catching up on the last five pages. I swear I leave for an hour or two and five more pages spring up!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:50 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

At first but a quick iso doesnt seem mafiaish he's posting to many weird things for him as mafia imo.

And no i haven't read the thread close enough. Dunya is a bit off but that's probably just paranoia.
I might have missed it- do you actually suspect wolbre or was that just a passing fart in D0?

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 pm

Quest was apparently overstating things I guess
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I blame TH, he frequesntly overstates things... :ninja:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 pm Hot take Eloh is bad kkbye
Not too sure if I comprehend this post correctly. But if nutella is saying I am bad, I don't care. She always sees me as bad so it means nothing to me.
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:07 pm Oh Eloh is in this game. How are you doing @Elohcin?
I'm doing well for now, keeping busy. We will see as I am due a migraine in a few days. The last two I had knocked me out for a week each. I've been on meds for a month and we're (doctor and I) going to see if they keep them away. How are YOU?
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm Also stop posting can't catch up at all
ME! Why are you trying to draw attention?
hoky shit, migraines are the worst. And people always downplay it in the workplace or in general because “it’s just a headache”. It ain’t. Obviously. But it’s one of those super annoying problems that people don’t take seriously and it losses me off when I get them and people just roll their eyes.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ah missed this.

How likely do you think my theory that Mac gave him a bad role just because he asked in signups for the WIFOMLOLS of it all? Because it wouldn’t surprise me,

Do you just suspect him for being too ‘nice’ again? Because I don’t see it this go round, tbh. What he’s said so far this game is basically fluff but until we see a flip and shit I’m not sure it’s AI

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:09 pm Oh, I realize I just outright skipped 6 pages.

Oh well. I care 0 percent.

Let’s get to the part where 12 people are killed tonight from a rabid bologna sandwich
I mean, I don't want to read all these posts either, but wanting to hurry and kill with with a rabid bologna sandwich is not very civ-like my dear.
hi elo, nice to see you in a game again, my dear.

But I didn’t say it was my bologna sandwich, now did I? Don’t put words in my mouth kthnx

Let me know when you catch up

lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 34

Post by lapluie »

who dares vote for beloved marmot???
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 34

Post by lapluie »

whew [mention]Elohcin[/mention] helloo happy to see you :lorab:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think at least one of the persons complaining about the pace of the game/not knowing about things that have been discussed in great detail are scum. We saw people employ it as a strategy to great success in AG; it’s a great way to post without posting anything risky or engaging anybody in particular. As the game goes on, I implore the town to not buy it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 pm I think at least one of the persons complaining about the pace of the game/not knowing about things that have been discussed in great detail are scum. We saw people employ it as a strategy to great success in AG; it’s a great way to post without posting anything risky or engaging anybody in particular. As the game goes on, I implore the town to not buy it.
Which of your team did it there?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei and dunya and maybe even speed? Granted, they had pretty good reasons from time to time, but I am on red alert for it now.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:49 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 am when are you gonna post about anything unrelated to me, Golden? there's 2 scum teams. chop chop.
how does the red statemeny relate to the pink statement
golden thinks i'm scum. i'm telling him to scum hunt some more because the game doesn't end when i'm lynched, there's many more to look for.
This is a really weird way to say this, I want to believe you meant for the implication to be "if he is right" but you didn't say that.

Marmot wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:16 pm Important note.

The last time Jay talked about boobs in a mafia game, he was an Indy who won with scum.

Lynch this man!
Epi talks about boobs all the time and no one lynches him over it. :suspish:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am troubled by kites asking to be NKed. If Kites were civ, this seems less likely to be a civ power. Most civs who need to die are a village idiot type role where they need to get lynched to activate some ability or win con or whatever.

If I were civ, I would town it up if I were Kites and try to draw the baddie kill that way, instead of asking for it. Asking for it makes the baddies less likely to kill them, because why make a civ (or even a possible opposing mafia team member) more powerful?

[mention]Kites[/mention] can you tell me why you went about it this way please?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am out for the evening and making this post so I can pick up easily from my own ISO. I have my own quest to go on. It could be a Boobquest but really I’d be happy for some nice conversation and a couple of beers. Anyway, I don’t know why I’m telling you all this, but I’m glad you’re here. I love you. Bye.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Looking abck at Kites posts it seems as though requesting death was kind of in there all along, but... I don't know how I feel about the way it has been presented.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Dear Diary,

Shark wasn't sharp, and we were on our way. We managed well enough without DJ, although we could sure use him tonight. He has the skills needed to manage Holland, but so does Chris, so hopefully Chris helps us out.

Me? I'm not worried, even here. It's still very windy in San Francisco. I realize the engineers who designed this accounted for the heavy winds, but even their skills may be overcome by Mother Nature.

God I miss being home. We won't go back for another week.

I miss hearing about Josie.

One more week.

XOXO
Charlie
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by speedchuck »

Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:07 pm Oh Eloh is in this game. How are you doing Elohcin?
I'm actually pretty fantastic! Got good things going on.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Lunalee »

Golden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:29 pm @lunalee just do what I do when there’s lots of people. Choose about 20 and decide you won’t bother trying to read them until later. Just focus on about 10.
Thanks, that's helpful.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Barring some major change in the game, I think I'm going to vote for either kites or Kenway today. Unless Kenway comes in and engages. Then I will likely vote Kites.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Post by wolbre04 »

sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:52 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:43 pm Wolbre is gut bad and is weird lets lynch 7him.
No clue what that is tbh
Sig if you're still on page 3 I would suggest that you catch up because I think everyone is aware of my boobquest. I'm not a mafia role ffs and idk why you always scum read me :meany:
Sig also does this as mafia. He literally went after me one game on our home forum for several day phases and eventually flipped scum in a lynch.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”