U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 1

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:46 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm me before attempting to speedread 13 pages of this thread

we're lynching you today.

say something that changes our minds.
Who is that guy?
who is that guy? WHO IS THAT GUY?

dude, drop everything you're doing rn and go watch The Room with your missus. you'll thank me later. :p
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 0

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am Actually Elohcin was the ISO I was trying to open. Good call. :noble:
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm I am not reading 12 pages of Day 0. WTF people.
I'm calling this non-alignment indicative. Indeed, I believe she posted something similar in Mortal Kombat expressly because she knew it was something she'd say as a civilian. I gave her erroneous credit then which I will not do now, but nor will I consider this to be an alarm bell. It is nothing.
Elohcin wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:19 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:57 pm Hot take Eloh is bad kkbye
Not too sure if I comprehend this post correctly. But if nutella is saying I am bad, I don't care. She always sees me as bad so it means nothing to me.
This I don't like.

First, the uncertain comprehension is hard to take seriously.

nutella, literally: Eloh is bad

Eloh: if nutella is saying I'm bad...

Then the highlighted bit served as my initial ping. Something I associate with mafia-aligned Elohcin is a tendency to discard suspicion leveled upon her given her genuine belief that it is fallacious and should not indicate her alignment (even when in my opinion it really should) -- she engages in caught for the wrong reasons frequently. In this case it's not a clear parallel, because she isn't speaking to the specific reasons for nutella's suspicion. The immediate discard is bothersome though.
pretty much. i wonder why eloh didn't try to ask why nutella felt that way.
because from previous experience, she HAS no reason. I stopped caring to ask games ago.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Town Reads:
Golden
Kites
Quin

Town Leans:
sig
Turnip Head
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
wolbre04
motel room

neutral/could go either way (yeah this is a vast majority)
colonialbob
Dragon D. Luffy
Long Con
Marmot
juliets
Kenway
Scotty
novaselinenever
Zephyrus
ColinIsCool
Epignosis
Lunalee
Lilefer
speedchuck
sprityo
Spacedaisy

Scum lean
insertnamehere
lapluie
dunya
Elohcin
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I swear, I read and respond to a page and three more have been created :p, haha
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Kites »

i read all the isos and it just gave me a headache. basically i love all the shitposters for making this fun and hate all the lenghty posters who make cases and stuff for making this feel like work :D
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:48 pm because from previous experience, she HAS no reason. I stopped caring to ask games ago.
tell me a game where nutella suspected you without reason?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 am
Quin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:44 am Funny that you see it essentially the opposite way I do. When she does this on the offensive, I see a scum Eloh. When it's on the defensive, not so much.
Elohcin and I have been mafia teammates three times, so she's certainly one I pay attention to. I wouldn't say "defensive Elohcin is bad", but rather "a dismissively or incredulous defensive Elohcin is bad" -- stemming from her handling of my bussing accusations in Syndicate Mafia 1, Matt's accusations against her in Transistor, and dunya's accusations against her in Mountains.
I wish my brain could remember details like you guys. I probably couldn't even tell you 5 games in which I was bad in off the top of my head.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kites wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm i read all the isos and it just gave me a headache. basically i love all the shitposters for making this fun and hate all the lenghty posters who make cases and stuff for making this feel like work :D
i'm in the middle right? you love/hate me? hate that you love me?

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm I am wary of INH. In Ass Class he posted at the beginning of the game, kind of like he posted Day 0 in here, disappeared but was posting in the Genius thread, then reappeared later in the game. He was bad and made a fool out of us because we should have lynched him and didn't. He has posted in Genius today but has not posted in here. I'm not ready to call him bad yet but I think we should keep an eye on him.

I explained this in Ass Class, and I'll explain it again in here. The Genius is the most time-intensive forum game I've ever hosted. Unfortunately, I'm going to prioritize it over any other game I'm playing. To be blunt, I'd say 70% of my time and concentration is on The Genius and 30% is on this game. This is me desperately trying to not disappear like I did in Ass Class.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MP7 is one of the most creative, ambitious, controversial hosts the Syndicate ever saw.

Example 1
Example 2

Does MacDougall have what it takes to acheive the same legacy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

let's fucking pray for at least 10 deaths so we can make this game manageable :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am Actually Elohcin was the ISO I was trying to open. Good call. :noble:
Elohcin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm I am not reading 12 pages of Day 0. WTF people.
I'm calling this non-alignment indicative. Indeed, I believe she posted something similar in Mortal Kombat expressly because she knew it was something she'd say as a civilian. I gave her erroneous credit then which I will not do now, but nor will I consider this to be an alarm bell. It is nothing.
Not too sure if I comprehend this post correctly. But if nutella is saying I am bad, I don't care. She always sees me as bad so it means nothing to me.
This I don't like.

Then the highlighted bit served as my initial ping. Something I associate with mafia-aligned Elohcin is a tendency to discard suspicion leveled upon her given her genuine belief that it is fallacious and should not indicate her alignment (even when in my opinion it really should) -- she engages in caught for the wrong reasons frequently. In this case it's not a clear parallel, because she isn't speaking to the specific reasons for nutella's suspicion. The immediate discard is bothersome though.
Yeah, IF she was calling me bad. "Hot take"? What does that mean? I am old, remember. And yes, nutella often calls me out for no reason at all. Literally....there was NO reason in her post. I think she does it to see if she can stir me up. I was just letting her know she wasn't getting a rise out of me.

You are correct that whether I am bad or good, I mostly believe that what people are calling me bad for is silly. You are also correct that I am not speaking of silly reason this time, of course, because nutella gives no reasons here.
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:48 pm because from previous experience, she HAS no reason. I stopped caring to ask games ago.

I have reasons, they're just hard to articulate. I have this problem often, I'm not so good with describing my thought processes. But based on my experience with you in recent games I'm getting a fishy feeling. You do well as a baddie, like you said you have a great track record, whereas you tend to get lynched as a civ. I have some trepidation that's maybe what's happening here and perhaps putting pressure on you early has put you in a bad spot in which you have no choice but to be defensive and that is what tends to lead to your mislynches, but your aura of confidence is making me wary. Maybe I'll look at some recent civ games of yours to compare :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:53 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm I am wary of INH. In Ass Class he posted at the beginning of the game, kind of like he posted Day 0 in here, disappeared but was posting in the Genius thread, then reappeared later in the game. He was bad and made a fool out of us because we should have lynched him and didn't. He has posted in Genius today but has not posted in here. I'm not ready to call him bad yet but I think we should keep an eye on him.

I explained this in Ass Class, and I'll explain it again in here. The Genius is the most time-intensive forum game I've ever hosted. Unfortunately, I'm going to prioritize it over any other game I'm playing. To be blunt, I'd say 70% of my time and concentration is on The Genius and 30% is on this game. This is me desperately trying to not disappear like I did in Ass Class.
Ok [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] I have to give you credit for posting. I still want to consider what JJJ had to say though - you'll come to that eventually and answer it.

I'm tempted to move my vote to Epi but I realize I don't have a reason besides gut to think he's good. I'd like to help him out if he is though. And if you don't want votes Epi please let us know that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:03 am
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 am {Oh, and I don't lurk. I leave up the tab to the thread at all times.)
we can see when you were last active itt by visiting the who's online link :feb: it gives us a time stamp so not just "an open tab" but an active one. :p
I understand. But I often switch between tabs and click the incorrect one, or I often read a post and then have to get up and get someone milk, or go wipe an ass. I come back for 5 minutes and then have to get up to take laundry from the washer and put it in the dryer. I will also read the thread WHILE folding clothes, so it will take me longer to get through the posts as I am not just staring at the laptop. I am not trying to be defensive, just honest. The only time I can actually sit and read posts for a legnthy amount of time is if I take my laptop into the bathroom and close the door and pretend to poop. Shhhh, don't tell Epi I told you so. But I am freakin' serious. Even in the bathroom for 20 minutes, I will get a "Hey mom" every 5 minutes. And epi is home!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

jk you don't seem to have any recent civ games lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Bop it.

Twist it.

Shout it.

I am voting the next person who posts a cat gif/image/video

Bop it.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Marmot wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am
sprityo wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:37 am Bop it.

Shout it.

I enjoy seeing how we don’t have a wagon higher than two people

It opens up vote analysis if mafia is greedy or in a pickle

Or jay is probably gonna mess up the nice pattern somehow

Tsk tsk

Bop it.
How does one player (specifically Jay at that) mess up this pattern?
Bop it.

Pull it.

It doesnt, im just being cheeky

Bop it.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:00 pm jk you don't seem to have any recent civ games lol
the only ones I could find were street fighter and night vale, and in both from a cursory glance it looked like you were contributing reads and trying to solve the game and not super focused on defending yourself, even when you were lynched in wtnv. actually i'm not sure how that helps me here since it could go either way in that you were confident there as you are now, or that you are a bit more defensive here and focused on yourself more than giving reads on other players. idk honestly cake lady you are an enigma.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:18 am
Marmot wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:26 pm I wonder how Epignosis would feel if we straight up lynched him?

Dear Diary,

Last night went well. Even though I was only successful once, it was a success that had people scrambling for a keepsake, and it was enough to buy us some much needed insurance at a critical point. Hopefully we keep the momentum going today.

I've been meaning to write about this, but I've been so busy here in San Francisco. People have asked me what I think about DJ being in the lead for a time before he went down, and of course I smile and give them the platitudes I'm expected to give, that it was a group decision and what have you. The truth is, it wasn't, and I don't think things went as well during that shift.

The thing is, I believe in sitting back and letting everyone have their say before I jump in with my perspective. The problem with that is people tend to get so worked up in the debate that they don't listen to what I have to say, and I end up being an afterthought. It's frustrating, but I guess I'm not very assertive and tend to goof off and not be taken seriously. What can I say? I guess I'm on like a third-grade personality level. What I should have said was- and I'm going to underline this for emphasis- I should be in the lead today.

I hope this isn't coming across as prideful, but we're just a much more effective unit when I'm in the lead at the start. This is not to say anything against DJ- I love him. He's great. I hope he recovers soon. But I should be in the lead. Good things happen.

Still windy in San Francisco.

XOXO
Charlie
I've seen Epi hide behind his role before. If he doesn't begin to give good content, he will be on my lynch list.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:03 am Apart from merely being quiet, I've a reason for concern regarding INH.

U-Pick Vol 1 (INH is unknown)
insertnamehere wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 pm Dunya being annoyed by Golden is reminding me of my treatment of Golden waaaay back in Red vs. Blue, which might've been the last game I played with him. Lots of "stop trying to get the thread to strictly buy into certain viewpoints," followed by "that's not what I'm doing, you obviously don't know my meta." After a bunch of non-stop thread sniping and bickering, it turns out we were potential civvie BTSC partners. (Weeeell, that wasn't the whole story. He was actually an undercover LMS indie. That game really fucked me over.)

Nevertheless, I'm currently reading both Dunya and Golden as town.
Assassination Classroom (INH is mafia)
insertnamehere wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:46 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 pm Who is we lynchin INH?
Dunno. I utterly suck at early-game read divination, so I plan on following people I think seem like gen-u-ine townies. I've been getting good vibes from you, JJJ, and Dys. Someone not checking their role PM before posting would draw my ire if it was anyone other than Scotty.
Evil INH has shown a willingness to hand out easy civilian reads to highly active players in the earliest stages -- something I don't recall seeing much of from his civilian self.
Eh, it varies from game to game. Certain things pique my townie-meter, and certain things don't. As you said, I didn't townread anyone early on in the GOC. However, I was more or less present for the entirety of that game, while I was AWOL for a large chunk of Ass Class, and the townreads were a way of deflecting possible attention.

TBH, I feel like the inability to really townread people is a weakness of my civ game, so I'm trying to shake things up a little.

In the spirit of that, here are some people who seem alright to me:
Wolbre
Nutella
Turnip
Daisy
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

OK, now I'm "caught up" on whatever this game is. As I said earlier, Daisy seems genuine to me, and the case against her feels weeeak. Elo is someone who I find damn hard to read, and I'm not sure whether I should trust the people who say she's betraying her town meta or the people who say she's fitting into her town meta. Prolly not gonna vote for her. I might just help Marmot or Epi fulfill their dreams of being lynched. It's nice to try and help someone with a vote instead of hurting them.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm I like the argument I've seen put forth against Elohcin.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
Why? (And I thought you were cool. SMH)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention], how has your read of me and Golden developed since you last chipped in?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:37 pm insertnamehere, how has your read of me and Golden developed since you last chipped in?
It's remained more or less static. As you pointed out earlier, this is the first game I've played with you, and you're a bit of an, ahem, unsubtle and idiosyncratic presence. I'm a little bit confused on how to read you.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:48 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 9:56 am
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:34 am so i read up. here's where my new head is at:

Golden is civ tinfoiling cos I flipped scum and he doesn't deal with people giving him emotion to his robotic voice well. actually, the reason I discredit Golden from being scum is that he's playing a pretty lousy scumgame to not ping me if he was scum. he's just so focused on me, it's uncanny. does he usually tunnel like this? he says i want him off my back to get rid of the heat: nah. idc. I'd feel differently if I was scum, but since this is a case of omgussing that turned into "she said he said", i'm gonna give him a civ-read or at the most he's s/a.

i think spacedaisy is scum and here's why: she's defending every post she makes with really wordy and thought-out explanations. it just feels like someone trying to justify every move and show people why she is doing what she's doing and why she's civ, like she has to. i do that sometimes when i'm scum (justifying my actions before i have to or immediately when someone asks me something about it). i don't do it as a civ because my thoughts don't need justification.
Not caught up but as I read, I agree with the bolded/underlined part. In fact, I was going to post this myself. I think being defensive is a sign of being mafia.

I am thinking dunya could be bad too, but not enough to vote her yet.
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 am and i still think eloh is bad. if scotty is going to lynch non-contributors, i'd like to see a lynch eloh movement too cos she self-admits she won't read the thread. she's done this several times as a baddie and while i love eloh like the stars love the moon, i don't wanna be outplayed by a lurky eloh who makes the same self-justification of not knowing what's happening and that we post too much and she can't keep up. :p
First of all, I only said I wasn't reading all of Day 0. Second, I talk about how crazy long the thread is as a civ or a baddie. You are just afraid of me because I am a good baddie. My record of winning as a baddie proves that. This doesn't make it right for people to automatically assume I am bad. Give me the benefit of the doubt, man. The game just began. What specifically have I done that makes you think I am bad already? (Oh, and I don't lurk. I leave up the tab to the thread at all times.)

Alright, gotta go grocery shopping. I will be back and catch up later.
"being defensive is a sign of being mafia"

*proceeds to be defensive in the very same post*

Either you are civ who just got defensive, making your bit invalid, or you are scum who just got defensive after attempting to jump on a wagon.

Which is it Eloh?
I think there is a difference between being defensive and pointing out where someone wrongly restates what you have said previously. I wouldn't call me defensive, but being corrective.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 pm
Lilefer wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 am Hello hello, checking in, I have 18 pages to catch up on but I'm free all day unlike yesterday so that's good !!
7:00am - checking in
Lilefer wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 am Okay I got to page 17 I'm sure my knowledge of the situation is good enough for now.
8:13am - on page 17

17! and posted a few times too.
Something don't smell right here.
is it that he read 6 pages in an hour?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I like the dunya slip accusation. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 pm I like the argument I've seen put forth against Elohcin.

[VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
mmmmmm I hate this post!! please elaborate on your thoughts colin
Long Con wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 pm I like the dunya slip accusation. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
on the other side of the coin, i think LC looks town for this actually.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:12 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 pm JaggedJimmyJay, do you think I scumslipped?
I already spoke on that. I can’t easily reference on my phone, refer to my recent ISO.
[mention]Scotty[/mention] This forkin guy
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:33 pm
sig wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:20 am
Lilefer wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 am Hello hello, checking in, I have 18 pages to catch up on but I'm free all day unlike yesterday so that's good !!
That's the hello of a mafia member.
What about this sounds mafia to you?

7:00am - checking in
Lilefer wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 8:13 am Okay I got to page 17 I'm sure my knowledge of the situation is good enough for now.
8:13am - on page 17

Something don't smell right here.
An hour and thirteen minutes to read 17 pages? I don't see anything unusual there. Of course, I come from the perspective of many distractions.
nah eloh I think he meant he had 18 pages from where he left off up until page 28 which that post was on, implying he read about 7 pages in an hour. I think you're overreacting and/or misinterpreting and anyway people have different reading speeds so don't read too much into it
Oh, maybe you're right about the page numbers. I know people have different reading speeds, but I also know baddies will catch up with their baddie partners and then pretend to read the thread in that time. That is all. And 17 pages in an hour 13 min seems a little too fast to be humanly possible. But like I said, you could be correct that it was only 7.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 pm on the other side of the coin, i think LC looks town for this actually.
:rolleyes:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm Oh, maybe you're right about the page numbers. I know people have different reading speeds, but I also know baddies will catch up with their baddie partners and then pretend to read the thread in that time. That is all. And 17 pages in an hour 13 min seems a little too fast to be humanly possible. But like I said, you could be correct that it was only 7.
dudette, i wish my scum buddies filled me in on the thread when i was scum :p they made me read all that shit and look behind when i didn't have time. some scumbuddies i had.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:10 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 pm on the other side of the coin, i think LC looks town for this actually.
:rolleyes:
not because it's about you, drama queen :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm
:haha: :haha: :haha: I can tell you what my kids had for lunch. I can tell you how to get the smell of cat urine out of the carpet. I cannot list specific games where certain incidents occurred. I am sorry. Ask JJJ, I bet he can tell you what games nutella and I were recently in together and then you can go look at those games.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:13 pm [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
you're a terrible boyfriend. bye. :p
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Marmot wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:10 am
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 am and i still think eloh is bad. if scotty is going to lynch non-contributors, i'd like to see a lynch eloh movement too cos she self-admits she won't read the thread. she's done this several times as a baddie and while i love eloh like the stars love the moon, i don't wanna be outplayed by a lurky eloh who makes the same self-justification of not knowing what's happening and that we post too much and she can't keep up. :p
Good point.

@Scotty your move.
I repeat. I said I wasn't going to read all 13 pages (or whatever) of Day 0. Despite what y'all think. I read everything from Day1 on in every game I am in with one exception and that was CC123. No offense to G.
I later discovered that Scotty did the same thing you did, so frankly he should be treated equally.
Good point.

*continues not voting Elo or scotty*
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:15 pm
:haha: :haha: :haha: I can tell you what my kids had for lunch. I can tell you how to get the smell of cat urine out of the carpet. I cannot list specific games where certain incidents occurred. I am sorry. Ask JJJ, I bet he can tell you what games nutella and I were recently in together and then you can go look at those games.
They were on opposing sides in Mountain Mafia.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

gug i hate being in this situation where the two people i am most likely to vote for are people i will feel reeeealllyy bad for mislynching if they flip civ. I'm hesitant enough about both dunya and eloh that I might just go for marmot since it looks like he's claiming some kind of benefit from it?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

it's just that the way you talked to her, and they way you came up with these reasons...looks like it was with a lot of conviction. I've played with you and her in a few games, and I don't recall any instances where this was an issue (I have a good memory), so it seems a bit over the top.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm
I have had numerous concerns with your posts since Day 0 and you didn’t address my last concern. :pout:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Dear Diary,

I saw something weird when I used the facilities just before we got started. Some vandalism in one of the stalls that said:

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

I have no idea what that means. Maybe it's a good sign.

XOXO
Charlie

P.S. Maybe it was a good sign- off to a great start against Chris! xoxo
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm
I have had numerous concerns with your posts since Day 0 and you didn’t address my last concern. :pout:
...which was?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm gug i hate being in this situation where the two people i am most likely to vote for are people i will feel reeeealllyy bad for mislynching if they flip civ. I'm hesitant enough about both dunya and eloh that I might just go for marmot since it looks like he's claiming some kind of benefit from it?
Why would you feel more bad about those two in particular?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm gug i hate being in this situation where the two people i am most likely to vote for are people i will feel reeeealllyy bad for mislynching if they flip civ. I'm hesitant enough about both dunya and eloh that I might just go for marmot since it looks like he's claiming some kind of benefit from it?
He claimed no such thing. I'm voting for him because he's acting shady.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:17 pm
...which was?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:12 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 12:11 pm JaggedJimmyJay, do you think I scumslipped?
I already spoke on that. I can’t easily reference on my phone, refer to my recent ISO.
you said the scumslip was a terrible accusation, but I'm confused why you're asking me to talk about it if you think it's terrible. I explained what I was saying with the post at Kyle's request: I have nothing more to add to that. I don't like being the broken record.
Even terrible accusations can be met with terrible responses. You handled that timidly despite it being the silliest accusation you’ve faced to this point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 pm
They were on opposing sides in Mountain Mafia.
as far as I can remember I went back and forth on her a couple times in that game with actual reasons and eventually caught her more or less via PoE
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

What do you think about Golden?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nutella wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:45 pm
This I don't like.

Yeah, IF she was calling me bad. "Hot take"? What does that mean? I am old, remember. And yes, nutella often calls me out for no reason at all. Literally....there was NO reason in her post. I think she does it to see if she can stir me up. I was just letting her know she wasn't getting a rise out of me.

You are correct that whether I am bad or good, I mostly believe that what people are calling me bad for is silly. You are also correct that I am not speaking of silly reason this time, of course, because nutella gives no reasons here.

I have reasons, they're just hard to articulate. I have this problem often, I'm not so good with describing my thought processes. But based on my experience with you in recent games I'm getting a fishy feeling. You do well as a baddie, like you said you have a great track record, whereas you tend to get lynched as a civ. I have some trepidation that's maybe what's happening here and perhaps putting pressure on you early has put you in a bad spot in which you have no choice but to be defensive and that is what tends to lead to your mislynches, but your aura of confidence is making me wary. Maybe I'll look at some recent civ games of yours to compare :shrug:
"that's maybe what's happening here" - what? I'm living too long as a baddie? :haha: It's Day 1.

I'm not confident. I am apathetic. I thought this was a supposed to be a SMALL game. I didn't think Epi would tell me to sign up for a game with this many players fully knowing I despise them. Lynch me. I don't care. It will free up my time for things I feel are more important and deserve my attention more.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have to conserve phone charge and probably won’t be around at the deadline, which I believe is in 3.5 hours.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”