U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Day 3

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella, Cbob, and Scotty are the current Eloh voters that I have my turnip eyes on
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:24 pm nutella, Cbob, and Scotty are the current Eloh voters that I have my turnip eyes on
Why cbob?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:27 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:24 pm nutella, Cbob, and Scotty are the current Eloh voters that I have my turnip eyes on
Why cbob?
Because he tried to take my beans.

Zephyrus
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Zephyrus »

Okay. So this Eloh situation. Generally, when someone claims, I think that believing them is preferable to straight up lynching them so that you can give them a chance to prove their role, and, in this case, lynching Eloh is the only way to prove it. I personally buy the tardigrade story, but I don't understand the defeatist attitude. The whole point of defending, of convincing people not to lynch you, is stupid if you supposedly don't die. Yes, other people could be lynched instead, but we still get information from you not dying, so it's not completely useless. Overall, a scummy look to me.
That being said, I'm not going to switch over to her, because Colin still smells fishy to me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm Scum are going to have such an easy time bandwagoning on Eloh with a lead like that for now, no matter what her alignment is. We can do more.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 pm I’m not saying Eloh directly picked her role. But her role had an obvious Mafia connotation, IF it is that. Certain roles in the game probably do. Mine does. So it’s possible she’s telling the truth. It doesn’t stop her from being scum, and I never said it did.

Eloh is very far away from a townread for me, so go ahead and lynch her. But let’s not just have 25 people on one wagon, right? That’s as much a wasted day as any.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm [VOTE: ELOHCIN] aubergine
Character development at its finest.
1) "Scum can easily bandwagon Eloh, so try not to do it."
2) "She looks scum to me, but I'm not going to lynch her just yet."
3) "It appears this lynch is going to happen, better get on while I still can."
The use of stuff like "We can do more" and "That's as much a wasted day as any" to try and suggest that we aren't trying hard enough and that the lynch will not help us at all is really scummy to me, so I'm sticking with lynching Colin.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

You can try to make my words look like other words as much as you want, but it won’t make that the case.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Post by wolbre04 »

[mention]dunya[/mention] I saw ppl want to lynch you, destroy the haters like this
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Show me where I changed my mind on Eloh between those 3 statements (or “developed my character” as you portray it) and I’ll PayPal you $10.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zephyrus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 pm Okay. So this Eloh situation. Generally, when someone claims, I think that believing them is preferable to straight up lynching them so that you can give them a chance to prove their role, and, in this case, lynching Eloh is the only way to prove it. I personally buy the tardigrade story, but I don't understand the defeatist attitude. The whole point of defending, of convincing people not to lynch you, is stupid if you supposedly don't die. Yes, other people could be lynched instead, but we still get information from you not dying, so it's not completely useless. Overall, a scummy look to me.
That being said, I'm not going to switch over to her, because Colin still smells fishy to me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:49 pm Scum are going to have such an easy time bandwagoning on Eloh with a lead like that for now, no matter what her alignment is. We can do more.
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 pm I’m not saying Eloh directly picked her role. But her role had an obvious Mafia connotation, IF it is that. Certain roles in the game probably do. Mine does. So it’s possible she’s telling the truth. It doesn’t stop her from being scum, and I never said it did.

Eloh is very far away from a townread for me, so go ahead and lynch her. But let’s not just have 25 people on one wagon, right? That’s as much a wasted day as any.
Character development at its finest.
1) "Scum can easily bandwagon Eloh, so try not to do it."
2) "She looks scum to me, but I'm not going to lynch her just yet."
3) "It appears this lynch is going to happen, better get on while I still can."
The use of stuff like "We can do more" and "That's as much a wasted day as any" to try and suggest that we aren't trying hard enough and that the lynch will not help us at all is really scummy to me, so I'm sticking with lynching Colin.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Zephyrus is officially in the smelly part of my rainbow :srsnod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 736

Post by dunya »

Hey [mention]Zephyrus[/mention] how was your final exam!? (:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:02 pm Zephyrus is officially in the smelly part of my rainbow :srsnod:
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 pm Hey @Zephyrus how was your final exam!? (:
Not too bad. :p
I've got some left to do after next week but I'm not worrying about them just yet.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Zephyrus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:08 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:03 pm Hey @Zephyrus how was your final exam!? (:
I've got some left to do after next week but I'm not worrying about them just yet.
are you from the UK? :biggrin:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I like Zephyrus a lot. I'm giving him a green townie card. Yep. sorry sig, I know you're probably angry at me but...a girl's intuition is never to be ignored.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Sloonei is hosting a Community game. I may or may not be playing. I may or may not see you there.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dunya and Zeph look like Troy and Abed from the Darkest Timeline tbh

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pmSloonei is hosting a Community game. I may or may not be playing. I may or may not see you there.
It's my favorite show :)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pmSloonei is hosting a Community game. I may or may not be playing. I may or may not see you there.
You sir have earned yourself a green townie card with Sloonei for the rest of the game, enjoy.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Zephyrus[/mention], my friend. Elochin has received some criticism beyond her roleclaim.

JaggedJimmyJay redirected any actions Elochin performed last night onto speedchuck (his 2 biggest scum reads at the time). Today, we learned that speedchuck is in a coma (I was in a coma for the duration of Day 2 and Night 2). speedchuck was a highly surprising choice, considering people were already suspicious of him and he wasn't really stepping on anyone's toes (except Scotty's maybe). Now, Elohcin denies that she is the person putting people in comas, and that her only role is to be unlynchable. It would make sense for Eloh to want to silence me after day 1/night 1, and with the evidence that JJJ has revealed, it also makes most sense she was caught silencing someone else who got redirected onto speedchuck.

What do you think of that?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You can't say speedchuck was an odd choice for someone to target because obviously Jay targeted him, so then why couldn't somebody else have done the same? (A non-Elohcin coma-maker who picked chuck)

It doesn't seem like a stretch to me to view this as circumstancintial evidence at best and a meaningless councidence at worst, with respect to Eloh's civvieness.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

see, I don't have a problem with Elohcin roleclaiming what she did, but I have a problem with her roleclaiming what she did and being caught as the coma-person and denying the latter completely. She could have come up with a stronger defence, imo. She was in the middle of giving us some reads (better lynched) in her catchup before she saw Jay's videos and then she just gave up. If she was town, she would have a stronger defence and she would have been more assertive in who she thought was scum. She didn't even call Jay's allegations bullshit, which is a thought I would certainly have had if I was innocent of the accusations he was throwing my way. Not once did she say that. It took Epi to connect some dots and question Jay's authenticity but not Eloh..who is the target of all of this. That's the problem I have with believing in Eloh's innocence.
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:01 pm Show me where I changed my mind on Eloh between those 3 statements (or “developed my character” as you portray it) and I’ll PayPal you $10.
sure

Talk about wasting a day.

My whole point is that you've maintained that you think that she's scum while you've tried to subtly urge people off the wagon, and then you suddenly decide to lynch her. It just looks odd to me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I feel weird being the only person to apparently interpret it this way .

Linki I would give up too if I were in her shoes. No one is giving her the benefit of the doubt here.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:24 pm You can't say speedchuck was an odd choice for someone to target because obviously Jay targeted him, so then why couldn't somebody else have done the same? (A non-Elohcin coma-maker who picked chuck)

It doesn't seem like a stretch to me to view this as circumstancintial evidence at best and a meaningless councidence at worst, with respect to Eloh's civvieness.
I believe Jay is civ. Jay redirected his top 2 scum picks onto each other. Hence, his choice of speedchuck (which I also questioned initially) makes sense.

Why would any member of the scumteam put speedchuck in a coma?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

IDK why someone would out speedchuck in a coma, it's not really relevant to me :shrug2:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My point is that I don't think Elo did it. I think Elo has an unlynchable town role and is playing like it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm IDK why someone would out speedchuck in a coma, it's not really relevant to me :shrug2:
it's relevant to me, because I can't see a clear scum motive for it, hence the implication that Jay's redirect on Elohcin was the cause of it. How is this not relevant to you?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Zephyrus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:26 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:01 pm Show me where I changed my mind on Eloh between those 3 statements (or “developed my character” as you portray it) and I’ll PayPal you $10.
sure

Talk about wasting a day.

My whole point is that you've maintained that you think that she's scum while you've tried to subtly urge people off the wagon, and then you suddenly decide to lynch her. It just looks odd to me.
Yeah, transparently no. I never said “get off Eloh’s wagon.” I said, let’s not let people blindly jump on. Let’s talk about other suspects. Let’s keep scumhunting. $10 is staying with me bucko.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

And don’t you dare use Griffin McElroy against me!
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm @Zephyrus, my friend. Elochin has received some criticism beyond her roleclaim.

JaggedJimmyJay redirected any actions Elochin performed last night onto speedchuck (his 2 biggest scum reads at the time). Today, we learned that speedchuck is in a coma (I was in a coma for the duration of Day 2 and Night 2). speedchuck was a highly surprising choice, considering people were already suspicious of him and he wasn't really stepping on anyone's toes (except Scotty's maybe). Now, Elohcin denies that she is the person putting people in comas, and that her only role is to be unlynchable. It would make sense for Eloh to want to silence me after day 1/night 1, and with the evidence that JJJ has revealed, it also makes most sense she was caught silencing someone else who got redirected onto speedchuck.

I'm assuming this is off the videos (which I haven't been able to watch). Do we know who he redirected on night one and onto who?
If this is true, it is certainly odd and a bit scummy to me. Denying evidence like that is definitely scummy.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:29 pm My point is that I don't think Elo did it. I think Elo has an unlynchable town role and is playing like it.
k, let's lynch Colin instead. :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:29 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm IDK why someone would out speedchuck in a coma, it's not really relevant to me :shrug2:
it's relevant to me, because I can't see a clear scum motive for it, hence the implication that Jay's redirect on Elohcin was the cause of it. How is this not relevant to you?
You're asking me to poke my turnip brain into a baddie chatzoid, see who's in there, see what powers they have, and then deduce why one or all of them would want to use some of those powers on speedchuck.

I can't do that... Mac didn't give me a role that cool
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Zephyrus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm Zephyrus, my friend. Elochin has received some criticism beyond her roleclaim.

I'm assuming this is off the videos (which I haven't been able to watch). Do we know who he redirected on night one and onto who?
If this is true, it is certainly odd and a bit scummy to me. Denying evidence like that is definitely scummy.
JaggedJimmyJay does not have a regular redirect role; he had to do something to earn that power. He got it for Night 2 and used it on Elohcin --> speedchuck.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Why are you so quick to believe Jay, dunya?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:29 pm
You're asking me to poke my turnip brain into a baddie chatzoid, see who's in there, see what powers they have, and then deduce why one or all of them would want to use some of those powers on speedchuck.

I can't do that... Mac didn't give me a role that cool
Mac clearly does not love you as much as he loves me. :meany:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

HMMMMMMMM
dunya wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:05 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:26 pm I’ll roledump if people really don’t understand what I mean, but I think it’s in town’s best interest if I don’t.
you think we're believing everyone's claims?
cos we're not.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pmMac clearly does not love you as much as he loves me. :meany:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:35 pm Why are you so quick to believe Jay, dunya?
Why would scum Jay make that up, and lie about it? Eloh had plenty of heat as it was.

things about Jay I am certain of:

1. as scum, in a game with 2 scum teams, he wouldn't out himself with his power role and make himself a target to being NKd if not absolutely necessary to share information with the rest of us.
2. he has no motive to lie about Eloh. Indeed, if we lynched her and she wasn't the coma inducer, Jay would look pretty bad.
3. Jay wouldn't fake role claim in a closed role madness game on Day 3 unless it was necessary. Did Jay have to post that video about Eloh?

I have to go for a while can't continue. But youget the drift
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pm HMMMMMMMM
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:26 pm I’ll roledump if people really don’t understand what I mean, but I think it’s in town’s best interest if I don’t.
cos we're not.
clearly because I townread him and scumread you. It doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. :meany:
Zephyrus

Post by Zephyrus »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 pm And don’t you dare use Griffin McElroy against me!
I only wanted the money, sometimes the big guns have to be used.
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:20 pm Zephyrus, my friend. Elochin has received some criticism beyond her roleclaim.

JaggedJimmyJay does not have a regular redirect role; he had to do something to earn that power. He got it for Night 2 and used it on Elohcin --> speedchuck.
What did he have to do? I'd find his claim easier to believe if I knew that.
I'm from the UK, yes. :p
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:41 pm
cos we're not.
clearly because I townread him and scumread you. It doesn't take a scientist to figure that out. :meany:
I would like to call the Tunnel Victims Crisis Line, please
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Zephyrus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:42 pm
Spoiler: show
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 pm And don’t you dare use Griffin McElroy against me!

I like your hesitation in believing his claim. Nice, very nice. You have earned more green townie points. Use them wisely.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:45 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:41 pm
cos we're not.
I would like to call the Tunnel Victims Crisis Line, please
If I'm tunneling you, I'll owe you all the pizzas and all the beers. :beer: I'm sorry, I just can't unsee it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’ll PM you my address so you can FedEx them over, thanks
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 166

Post by wolbre04 »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:13 pm
Omg ima play that
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:46 pm

I like your hesitation in believing his claim. Nice, very nice. You have earned more green townie points. Use them wisely.
Vomit o'clock
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

colonialbob wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm
dunya wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Vomit o'clock
Me too thanks
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Kites »

[VOTE: colin] aubergine

i dont trust all of them elo voters

offtopic
[mention]dunya[/mention] today was her bday and i made her so happy she full on started crying :biggrin: am i good or what

Return to “Previous Jobs”