65%

Total votes: 17
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 3]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I just recall TH making a good point about his starting of the Sokoth wagon I thought was fair.

Wilgy is not even playing. So he is barely readable and with the Sokoth post thing he seems lynchable at this stage.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 pm I just recall TH making a good point about his starting of the Sokoth wagon I thought was fair.

Wilgy is not even playing. So he is barely readable and with the Sokoth post thing he seems lynchable at this stage.
Nova also claims to have started it. And I’ve previously linked those two as bad together :ponder:

Which of them did start it? Is either claim unfounded?

If it was a nova/TH deliberate bus job I’m going to poop my pants with glee.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 2]

Post by Lunalee »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:36 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 pm You know after thinking about it further. I can't really drop the hammer on Wilgy just because of lack of Activity and what I have just yet. I think I'll keep him on my list of suspects and : [VOTE: LUNA] for now.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if anyone can give me anything that might swing my vote.
I've gotten this far in my reading.

I'm moving my vote to DrWilgy.
I honestly didn't suspect DrWilgy when I put him on the poll, but seeing Sokoth's post sort of changes my mind. I'm going to [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:05 pm Oh and marmot's on your crew. Why not him? If you wanted to protect DDL and speed, and feel 100%about glorf, and I guess understandably don't want to submit yourself, why not the other guy who doesn't seem to have much going for him either way? I don't think he would have been likely to get lynched, but at least there is a chance he's bad, right?
Here’s the thing...

People can make cases about who is bad. I will engage in them. I will listen. If I agree, I’ll either put them on the poll or I’ll fire them. I don’t see the merit in putting someone on the poll because they are the most lynchable person who I think could be bad. The most lynchable is also the most mislynchable. I’d prefer to have a clear read before throwing someone to the wolves.

Now there’s one thing here I admit that I’ve just thought about for the first time... which is what if all crews win and take my approach. And then I’d agree we have a problem.

But right now, this poll looks juicy indeed. I knew wilgy would be back up. THs form was to put himself up and I didn’t see that changing. That’s two people I actively think are bad and want to see lynched right there. Putting glorf up aids that end.
Okay. The bolded part satisfies me.

I'm still concerned on a more general scale about the challenge of this game setup in that as crews succeed and more people are off the poll we may have a tough time.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 pm I just recall TH making a good point about his starting of the Sokoth wagon I thought was fair.

Nova also claims to have started it. And I’ve previously linked those two as bad together :ponder:

I said started but what he said was that he was second.

But the thing is that he showed other posts from before (I think d1) where he was already giving Sokoth shit.

(I'm saying all of this from memory since Im on phone I hope Im not full of shit lol)
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Enrique »

nova's the one that really got him in the thread, but they alluded to having talked about it on their crew ship previously.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Godanmit Im not finding the TH post about Sokoth I think Im mistaking him with someone.

Ok give me some time I'm kind of mess here. I will look more carefully tomorrow morning and figure this
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by novaselinenever »

Well, thank god I'm Town, I wouldn't want you poop your pants.

Here's the timeline.

D1 -

I started it since I didn't like Mac's lynch, and I had my eyes on Sokoth after his posts on me/you and Glorfindel.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 pm How about Sokoth dude?

I just glanced over his ISO, and I still have a bad vibe about him. His contributive posts have been so far riddled with some good old fence-sitting. He went on about not liking the talks about Glorf, but ended up saying that he's someone we should look after.

Same thing about the Golden/I thing. Liking both posts, and feigning interest with a generic response to what could have been my motivation to not break the tie between Glorf/Golden.
N1 -

TH and I briefly shared the same read on Sokoth in our great ship.

D2 -

TH voted him before I came in the thread. I followed his vote, and these are the posts that secured Sokoth's lynch. You could learn a thing or two from them. A slam dunk.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 pm [VOTE: SokothQultuq] aubergine
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 am
SokothQultuq wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:28 am

I just glanced over his ISO, and I still have a bad vibe about him. His contributive posts have been so far riddled with some good old fence-sitting. He went on about not liking the talks about Glorf, but ended up saying that he's someone we should look after.

Same thing about the Golden/I thing. Liking both posts, and feigning interest with a generic response to what could have been my motivation to not break the tie between Glorf/Golden.
So this is your "this is why we should lynch Sokoth" post? What else you got? This is pretty weak if you ask me. Just because I didn't come out with guns blazing and couldn't really find someone to latch onto to Wagon train into the stars you find it perfectly okay to just write me off. Nice. Hang on, let me go get my guns. I'll be right back with my own facts.

I'd like to see if you have something more substantial to back up and get a train going on me? Because right now this feels pretty weak to me.

There was a lot of talk about Day Zero Captain Vote manipulation – You along with a couple of others managed to play the “Tie Breaker” Game throughout the entire beginning of this. “I’m going to break the tie” came up more than once. When asked why you didn’t break the tie between Golden & Glorf you left it to a “Higher Power”. Really? Then you tried to play it off by removing your votes and distributing them to random other people, and you gave a weak sauce explanation. Then low and behind, blam you throw your votes around again. Manipulation much?
The flip flop on Golden was real in there. You drew him in because you “Thought his entrance was great, and then because of his antics later decided naaa he’s bad. So you go about railroading him for Captain, saying he’s “bad” essentially and then turn around and drop the hammer on someone else, and at the last minute. So happens to be me, because I didn’t provide you with any substantial substance to the conversation.
Then the pain train continues on Golden. You and him back and forth.
So now here we are coming into the next day and you just unload your vote without even a thought. On me? Throw some substance down, lets see what you got. Because from where I’m sitting, your entirely aggressive, going after people with half assed Suspicions and your arguments barely hold water. Seems like your trying to drive something.
Also looks bad from the perspective that we already lost a crewman, and now your hunting for more on my Captains Ship to weaken his position. We have a solid crew, so I can understand you coming after us specifically. But please. Bring something more substantial.

SO believe me when I say that I will be watching you. And if I continue to see you go on this course your name will most certainly be at the top of my list for a vote. Your lucky your not on it now as I would most certainly campaign to end you.

Don't take my lack of activity or silence for what you think it might be. I'm watching, learning, and I will respond once I have a case. I didn't have one that was solid before. You've made one for me, and I will admit its not 100%, but you just keep digging. You'll end up in that hole deeper than you are now.
Eh, it might be weak but it's something.

Your "own" facts seem to be wrong. You've actually twisted the whole timeline to fit a false narrative. That's not a good look Sokothqulq. I never once switched my votes after explaining why I didn't break the tie between Golden and Glorfindel. I'm not sure where you got that. I played the tie-breaker with less than an hour left in the phase, so I'm not sure where you're getting "low and behold bam you throw votes around again".

Time-line of my votes D0:

Vote Golden and Turnip Head.
Vote people without votes.

With less than 1 hour left,

Vote Luna, TH and DH. Leaving Glorfindel and Golden.

Well, yes it happened to be you because you were one of the people I wanted to lynch. Why? Because you're bad. I couldn't care less if you lost a crewman, I'm not here to lynch from every-ship in order. I'm here to lynch who I believe is bad. I'm not sure where you're going with this angle. It's a non-argument.

Oh, I brought something substantial all right. I have to thank you though, for giving me even more susbtance. This post is awful. You don't even defend yourself, nor your positions on Glorf and Golden/Nova for which I suspect you for. You attack me, and my play last day phase. Your only defense about your play is "this is weak sauce" lol. You're intent isn't to defend yourself, but to make me backdown and attempt to discredit someone who is suspecting you. That's a very wolfy thing to do.

Good luck with your watchlist! I'll be here with my vote on you, and I'll make sure you get lynched.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Enrique wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

nova's the one that really got him in the thread, but they alluded to having talked about it on their crew ship previously.
Or maybe they were referring to that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so nova's early case against sokoth looks legit in my book. Not finding anything from TH but apparently thats night exclusive.

So the issue is that nova showed doubt about it when sokoth wagon caught up, which could mean he wanted to distance with him but not outright bussing.

Am I correct here?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm Ok so nova's early case against sokoth looks legit in my book. Not finding anything from TH but apparently thats night exclusive.

So the issue is that nova showed doubt about it when sokoth wagon caught up, which could mean he wanted to distance with him but not outright bussing.

Am I correct here?
I never showed doubt. I said that it felt weird that after 46 hours of people not paying much attention to my case, 5 people voted Sokoth in quick succession. That was genuine stuff, and I always feel that when a wagon catch steam that fast even though I'm on it and I read the player bad.

In the dying minutes of the day, a post of Luna pinged me hard when she tried to justify her vote on Wilgy using Mac's flip, and alluding that everyone pushing Golden must be bad. I called her out on it but scum!golden is painting that as me trying to switch votes on her after Sokoth's lynch materialized. I'm sorry but I always call bad stuff when I see it. That's just me.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

I like nova.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 pmI like nova.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Well, thank god I'm Town, I wouldn't want you poop your pants.

Here's the timeline.

D1 -

I started it since I didn't like Mac's lynch, and I had my eyes on Sokoth after his posts on me/you and Glorfindel.

N1 -

TH and I briefly shared the same read on Sokoth in our great ship.

D2 -

TH voted him before I came in the thread. I followed his vote, and these are the posts that secured Sokoth's lynch. You could learn a thing or two from them. A slam dunk.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:27 pm [VOTE: SokothQultuq] aubergine
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:43 am

So this is your "this is why we should lynch Sokoth" post? What else you got? This is pretty weak if you ask me. Just because I didn't come out with guns blazing and couldn't really find someone to latch onto to Wagon train into the stars you find it perfectly okay to just write me off. Nice. Hang on, let me go get my guns. I'll be right back with my own facts.

I'd like to see if you have something more substantial to back up and get a train going on me? Because right now this feels pretty weak to me.

There was a lot of talk about Day Zero Captain Vote manipulation – You along with a couple of others managed to play the “Tie Breaker” Game throughout the entire beginning of this. “I’m going to break the tie” came up more than once. When asked why you didn’t break the tie between Golden & Glorf you left it to a “Higher Power”. Really? Then you tried to play it off by removing your votes and distributing them to random other people, and you gave a weak sauce explanation. Then low and behind, blam you throw your votes around again. Manipulation much?
The flip flop on Golden was real in there. You drew him in because you “Thought his entrance was great, and then because of his antics later decided naaa he’s bad. So you go about railroading him for Captain, saying he’s “bad” essentially and then turn around and drop the hammer on someone else, and at the last minute. So happens to be me, because I didn’t provide you with any substantial substance to the conversation.
So now here we are coming into the next day and you just unload your vote without even a thought. On me? Throw some substance down, lets see what you got. Because from where I’m sitting, your entirely aggressive, going after people with half assed Suspicions and your arguments barely hold water. Seems like your trying to drive something.
Also looks bad from the perspective that we already lost a crewman, and now your hunting for more on my Captains Ship to weaken his position. We have a solid crew, so I can understand you coming after us specifically. But please. Bring something more substantial.

SO believe me when I say that I will be watching you. And if I continue to see you go on this course your name will most certainly be at the top of my list for a vote. Your lucky your not on it now as I would most certainly campaign to end you.

Don't take my lack of activity or silence for what you think it might be. I'm watching, learning, and I will respond once I have a case. I didn't have one that was solid before. You've made one for me, and I will admit its not 100%, but you just keep digging. You'll end up in that hole deeper than you are now.
Eh, it might be weak but it's something.

Your "own" facts seem to be wrong. You've actually twisted the whole timeline to fit a false narrative. That's not a good look Sokothqulq. I never once switched my votes after explaining why I didn't break the tie between Golden and Glorfindel. I'm not sure where you got that. I played the tie-breaker with less than an hour left in the phase, so I'm not sure where you're getting "low and behold bam you throw votes around again".

Time-line of my votes D0:

Vote Golden and Turnip Head.
Vote people without votes.

With less than 1 hour left,

Vote Luna, TH and DH. Leaving Glorfindel and Golden.

Well, yes it happened to be you because you were one of the people I wanted to lynch. Why? Because you're bad. I couldn't care less if you lost a crewman, I'm not here to lynch from every-ship in order. I'm here to lynch who I believe is bad. I'm not sure where you're going with this angle. It's a non-argument.

Oh, I brought something substantial all right. I have to thank you though, for giving me even more susbtance. This post is awful. You don't even defend yourself, nor your positions on Glorf and Golden/Nova for which I suspect you for. You attack me, and my play last day phase. Your only defense about your play is "this is weak sauce" lol. You're intent isn't to defend yourself, but to make me backdown and attempt to discredit someone who is suspecting you. That's a very wolfy thing to do.

Good luck with your watchlist! I'll be here with my vote on you, and I'll make sure you get lynched.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:58 pmI like nova.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I didn't notice before that the poll title pays tribute to my space mageness, thank you
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Spacedaisy »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm I didn't notice before that the poll title pays tribute to my space mageness, thank you
:hugs:

Meds have eased the pain a bit. I will add items to the shop after I get some food in my stomach.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Glorfindel »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 pm Ship loyalty seems to run thicker than blood atm. Prolly should have seen that coming. Tho I might need to dump sig off at the nearest dumpster planet
:haha:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm really not feeling this Wilgy lynch, and I'm not sure I've seen a compelling case against him. I know it's not much but from the his few posts so far, he reads somewhat genuine/innocent lol. I don't know how to put it, but he has a certain care-free/relaxed attitude spiting Golden, and trying to bait him that I'm not really associating with scum.

The Sokoth potential link is making me rethink my read on him, but I'm not entirely sold. I'll have to see where the votes were at that exact moment where he decided between Luna/Wigly. It could have been a simple saving my ass moment.

I get that he wouldn't be big loss with his lack of contribution so far, but that just feel wrong tbh. Not surprising that it's coming from scum!DDL.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] what do you think we should do? INH hasn't been around much today but I was feeling okay about him when he was here
novaselinenever
Hitman

Anyone got a clue why isn't Sokoth marked dead in the OP?

DDL? Golden? Mind shedding some light on your buddy's role.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My guess is our host is traipsing across the continent and sorting out headaches
novaselinenever
Hitman

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:37 am @novaselinenever what do you think we should do? INH hasn't been around much today but I was feeling okay about him when he was here
One thing we shouldn't let happen is you getting lynched :nicenod:

Otherwise, I'm clueless. I'm rethinking my read on Wilgy since I trust some people on that wagon, and the Sokoth thing might be there but I'm just blind or too stubborn/bias.

I don't feel great about INH. He's been only going after me and Luna when he was here. The part on me felt like just shadowing Golden's read, a player read as Town throughout the board and a Town leader. Not sure I felt any conviction in his posts about me, and I only got back to him when I was a bit tilted from his view on me (more as a player than this game in particular).

The Luna thing had some merit tbf, but he pushed it like a robot lol. I never really felt like he had any intention to get to the bottom of things with it, nor was he willing to let it develop. A feeling you get with Townies, because sometimes they're unsure. He just stuck with " Luna = Bad " and he's been going with it, and it helped him from having to contribute to other discussion. He's EoD1 is pretty interesting, and it's what I'm talking about. He was willing to vote only me and Luna. He allegedly didn't like Mac's lynch, but wasn't willing to compromise to save him. It can be seen as a baddie that got two flashy, developed fake reads (me and Luna) and he's sticking to them lol. You know, to prevent any inconsistencies. His change of read on DDL was an interesting bit as well. Not sure I agree with his assessments of DDL's behavior, and I cannot fathom how he "understood" DDL's logic.

All this to say, I think INH is a lynch I can get behind. I can vibe with an Enrique one, since I'm fairly neutral on him. I wouldn't vote DH over these two.

If I put my tinfoil hat on, I lynch MacDougall lol. Sokoth mentioning Lapluie's absence was weird. Teammate alert. *takes tinfoil hat off*
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:ponder: I'd defo like to hear from [mention]insertnamehere[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm I will probably be voting for Wilgy based on my limited awareness of what is going on here. Turnip Head too but only because he took too much satisfaction out of the woes of Serenity.
Serenity is walking that fine line between underdog and colosall failure. I'm glad you've been given a second chance to fail more spectacularly :beer:
:suspish:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 pm I decided I'm tired of waiting for Wilgy to come and play. Voting for him.

I still think Enrique is bad but the little voice in my head tells me I could be full of shit. Wilgy has done shady stuff and is also less valuable based on his contribution so far.

Sorry Wilgy.
DDL and Turnip Head are scum teammates. Wilgy is town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 pm
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 pm You know after thinking about it further. I can't really drop the hammer on Wilgy just because of lack of Activity and what I have just yet. I think I'll keep him on my list of suspects and : [VOTE: LUNA] for now.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see if anyone can give me anything that might swing my vote.

I honestly didn't suspect DrWilgy when I put him on the poll, but seeing Sokoth's post sort of changes my mind. I'm going to [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
:omg:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 pm Ok so nova's early case against sokoth looks legit in my book. Not finding anything from TH but apparently thats night exclusive.

Am I correct here?
Counterpoint. Golden is right that they bussed him and in fact you are bad with both of them.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:21 am

Am I correct here?
Counterpoint. Golden is right that they bussed him and in fact you are bad with both of them.
Do you believe that I made up the case on Sokoth, and bussed him?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:24 am

Am I correct here?
“I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should be malleable and progressive, working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth. New ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.”
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:39 am

Am I correct here?
“I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should be malleable and progressive, working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth. New ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant.”
Come on now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have not read the details of the case you made against Sokoth so you are basically asking me whether I think you can bus people and the answer is of course i do.

Believe it? Eh nah I wouldn't say I believe you did it.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Am I correct here?
I swear, this is probably the deepest thing I’ve ever read in any game in which I’ve played on this site...

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 1]

Post by Glorfindel »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:09 am
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 am

If anybody’s interested in my two cents, I think the case against Dan (SokothQultuq) is pretty flimsy and lacks substance. His defence (above) is reasoned, rational and effective. Right now my level of interest in voting for him might be best described as lower than a snake’s belly...
> His defense is reasoned, rational and effective

That isn't what I would call a reasoned, rational and effective defense. He didn't address the point held against him, mainly his stances on you and the Colin/Me interactions. He just qualified them of "pretty weak", and then proceeded to attack my posts even though he liked at least one of them last phase (according to him), and never talked about me nor about my D0 votes before I raised my suspicions of him.

- He's lying about the timeline of my D0 votes.
- He's using an argument that he's being targeted in order to weaken his crew since they already lost a crewman. This argument doesn't make any sense. We're here to hunt baddies, not to adequate to all ships. Also, for what's worth I raised my suspicions on him before his crew had lost any member.

I can not fathom how anyone would think that this is a reasoned, rational and effective defense when he didn't address any point against him (at first), he lied and he's attacking stuff that he appeared not have a problem with prior to me calling him out. This isn't a defense. It's a no u.
@novaselinever: Is this the post to which you wanted me to respond? Seems to me you are refuting my assessment of Dan’s defence - which you are entitled to do. You’ve asked me no direct question/s here so I’m not entirely sure what it is that you are expecting from me. Would you please care to elaborate, my friend?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I’ll confess, I’m a little conflicted about the poll as it is at present. The TH wagon itself looks kinda OK but I can’t quite fathom why friend Turnip Head is a wagon in the first place. If I was TH (Captain of a ship) and was Mafia and I knew that we’d have a potentially limited poll today (effectively 6 but it could’ve been less) I think it’d be a pretty ballsy (read idiotic) move to put myself on the poll as my team’s representative. Mind, I’m perplexed why he would do that if he were Town...?

Wilgy? OK, I’ll agree that mention of Dan’s is not a good look but on its own, I’m not sure how conclusive it is. I find the fact that Epi dropped that vote on Wilgy as he did and then promptly disappeared back into the inky void to be a trifle disconcerting.

Selecting someone from this list today is something of a conundrum...

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Oh, I see INH is in the mix too? In my opinion he’s nothing like the player he was when I first encountered him in Mad Max and has grown immensely. I respect his ability and if he’s Mafia, he would be formidable. I can’t see that he’s really done anything though to deserve suspicion. Is it his activity? He’s not the kind of player to go silent because he’s Mafia - I think his activity level is entirely NAI.

novaselinenever
Hitman

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:26 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:09 am
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 am

If anybody’s interested in my two cents, I think the case against Dan (SokothQultuq) is pretty flimsy and lacks substance. His defence (above) is reasoned, rational and effective. Right now my level of interest in voting for him might be best described as lower than a snake’s belly...
> His defense is reasoned, rational and effective

That isn't what I would call a reasoned, rational and effective defense. He didn't address the point held against him, mainly his stances on you and the Colin/Me interactions. He just qualified them of "pretty weak", and then proceeded to attack my posts even though he liked at least one of them last phase (according to him), and never talked about me nor about my D0 votes before I raised my suspicions of him.

- He's lying about the timeline of my D0 votes.
- He's using an argument that he's being targeted in order to weaken his crew since they already lost a crewman. This argument doesn't make any sense. We're here to hunt baddies, not to adequate to all ships. Also, for what's worth I raised my suspicions on him before his crew had lost any member.

I can not fathom how anyone would think that this is a reasoned, rational and effective defense when he didn't address any point against him (at first), he lied and he's attacking stuff that he appeared not have a problem with prior to me calling him out. This isn't a defense. It's a no u.
@novaselinever: Is this the post to which you wanted me to respond? Seems to me you are refuting my assessment of Dan’s defence - which you are entitled to do. You’ve asked me no direct question/s here so I’m not entirely sure what it is that you are expecting from me. Would you please care to elaborate, my friend?
Yep, that's the one. Yep, I was refuting your assessment and while, I asked no direct question, I wanted to know how exactly you came up to your conclusion. Like which part made you feel that it was a reasoned and rational defense. My apologies for the tone of that post :p

As of now, I don't expect anything from you regarding this. I accepted your meta and alignment claim. I moved on.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:47 am

Am I correct here?
I swear, this is probably the deepest thing I’ve ever read in any game in which I’ve played on this site...
It's a line from the film Dogma.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by ColinIsCool »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm You know it's really annoying to see people calling me "fucking terrible" and "inconsistency and contradictory".

Yes my playstyle is loose and crazy. I change my votes all the time. I do things for personal reasons and don't bother to explain them. I post whatever random thoughts come to my mind without worrying if that's consistent with my previous posts or whatever. I don't care, I like to be free to do whatever I feel like, specially because I'm a way more controlled person irl and here is where I get to be random.

You wanna point out that I'm being scummy, fine. Look at my posts and find for things that look like lies, or fabricated, or artificial, or buddying, or bussing, or things that are, you know, actually related to a guy who got a baddie role card and must pretend he's a civ. But don't say I'm bad because I'm being random. I am random.

/rant
Could it be? An “if you’re gonna call me scum, at least get it right” post in the wild?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Folks, Turbup could easily have put Nova on the poll or me on the poll and rode the bad feelings folks have all the way to pound town, but he didn’t. He’s putting himself there. He’s not scum.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I will switch to DrWilgy if I have to save Turbup. Hands off my captain.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:09 am As of now, I don't expect anything from you regarding this. I accepted your meta and alignment claim. I moved on.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 pm

oops, thought day ended last night. Looks like I have more time to figure things out today.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 am Folks, Turbup could easily have put Nova on the poll or me on the poll and rode the bad feelings folks have all the way to pound town, but he didn’t. He’s putting himself there. He’s not scum.
Turnip Head put himself on the poll? That makes me not want to vote for him. I don't think scum would be willing to put themselves on the poll.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turbup has put himself on the poll every night.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 am Turbup has put himself on the poll every night.
Do you know his reasoning for that? Just to keep you all from getting lynched?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 am Turbup has put himself on the poll every night.
I think so. He townreads us, same as Golden townreads his folks. Obviously one of them has to be wrong, but I also townread my crew (those that are posting anyway).
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:42 am
I think so. He townreads us, same as Golden townreads his folks. Obviously one of them has to be wrong, but I also townread my crew (those that are posting anyway).
Wow. I don't know if I can trust all these captains handing out town-reads like candy.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

The only way Turbup is scum is if he

A. is protecting townsfolk with his ship choices
and
B. Went along with the SQ bus straight up

In other words, scum Turbup is YOLOWIFOM scum, if he's scum.

Con someone remind me what the case is for YOLOWIFOM Turbup?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”