65%

Total votes: 17
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 396
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Firefly, The Game [Day 5]

Post by nutella »

Wait actually I might buy it. Because I don't recall DDL saying anything about adventures in the yun qui thread.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 521

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 pm The thing about the scum slip is that it's his follow on post that made me stop and take notice.

Like, consider that the original post was indeed a scumslip and he knew it. The "wait what ship are you on" follow up is exactly the kind of "freak out" post that one makes in that situation. Particularly given as speedchuck says, he already knew.

Now of course he's going to have an answer, and of course I may be wrong... so do with it what you please.
I accidentally called your ship the serenity and then realized it right away you ninny. Get off muh balls
You accidentally called my ship the Serenity because it was on Serenity that I had done something worthy of there being BTSC somewhere else about how funny it was.

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] what is he referring to when he says that you told him about Bonnie Mae chat and you all had a laugh?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I still dont get it

What does it all have with Mac talking about a tshirt? I see nothing about tshirts in TH's post.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 735

Post by DharmaHelper »

Absolutely dunked on.

CYA=Cover Your Ass btw.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nvm ddl did tell us stuff. Yeah not buying it
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 84

Post by insertnamehere »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 pm Wait actually I might buy it. Because I don't recall DDL saying anything about adventures in the yun qui thread.
Lol at this 180 once Mac’s post gains traction in the thread.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Now I'm the one who doesn't know what the fuck is happening

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm I still dont get it

What does it all have with Mac talking about a tshirt? I see nothing about tshirts in TH's post.
On Serenity I had done a big jokey song and dance routine about how I deserved higher pay because I had a fancy shirt and was important to the mission at hand. It was all very entertainment.

I am speculating that TH found out about it and accidentally revealed that in the post.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 690

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm Nvm ddl did tell us stuff. Yeah not buying it
Would it qualify as amusing stories?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 pm The thing about the scum slip is that it's his follow on post that made me stop and take notice.

Like, consider that the original post was indeed a scumslip and he knew it. The "wait what ship are you on" follow up is exactly the kind of "freak out" post that one makes in that situation. Particularly given as speedchuck says, he already knew.

Now of course he's going to have an answer, and of course I may be wrong... so do with it what you please.
I accidentally called your ship the serenity and then realized it right away you ninny. Get off muh balls
You accidentally called my ship the Serenity because it was on Serenity that I had done something worthy of there being BTSC somewhere else about how funny it was.

Dragon D. Luffy what is he referring to when he says that you told him about Bonnie Mae chat and you all had a laugh?
Remember when Golden was making a huge point about that debate we had to decide about putting Glorf in the poll?

Well the debate lasted like 1 hour, in the middle of the night, involved only half the crew and was mostly related to Glorf wanting to commit sepukku over the fact his role gave a -1 penalty in a specific mission. So I commented to TH and co. that it was possible Golden was exaggerating the whole thing. It wasn't meant to make fun of anyone btw, not Golden or Glorf.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 84

Post by insertnamehere »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:45 pm Nvm ddl did tell us stuff. Yeah not buying it
:omg:
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm Now I'm the one who doesn't know what the fuck is happening
Nutella and TH are teammates, and Nutella is wildly flailing trying to figure out how to respond
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

and did you all have a good laugh about it?

Also [mention]Golden[/mention] and [mention]speedchuck[/mention] would you consider anything that occurred on the BM before I got there as qualification for "adventure stories" the likes of which another crew "would have a good laugh" about?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm Now I'm the one who doesn't know what the fuck is happening
Nutella and TH are teammates, and Nutella is wildly flailing trying to figure out how to respond
Yeah I mean, I think that my scumslip post is probably a huge wiff but at this point I still want to lynch Turnip Head anyway. :shrug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What’s interesting is nutella said ‘biggest risk in 10 years if he’s mafia’ about how strong town TH is but considered buying macs scumslip. I don’t get that. If I was that sure of someone’s towniness my gut response to Mac is that it’s just shitposting or something and macs overreacting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:49 pm What’s interesting is nutella said ‘biggest risk in 10 years if he’s mafia’ about how strong town TH is but considered buying macs scumslip. I don’t get that. If I was that sure of someone’s towniness my gut response to Mac is that it’s just shitposting or something and macs overreacting.
Valid.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

insertnamehere wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:46 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:44 pm Wait actually I might buy it. Because I don't recall DDL saying anything about adventures in the yun qui thread.
Lol at this 180 once Mac’s post gains traction in the thread.
Not a 180. I figured it was worth checking DDL's content in the yun qui and I did and decided TH was legit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm
Well I recall TH thinking it was funny.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] my would be scumslip points aside, would you rather lynch Golden than Turnip Head?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 pm and did you all have a good laugh about it?

Also @Golden and @speedchuck would you consider anything that occurred on the BM before I got there as qualification for "adventure stories" the likes of which another crew "would have a good laugh" about?
I wouldn’t personally. There’s not much of note in there.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lmao that's exactly the story the mafia (aka probably you inh) are gonna jump all over.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm
Lmao that's exactly the story the mafia (aka probably you inh) are gonna jump all over.
For that to be true Turnip Head would need to flip scum? Are you saying TH is gonna flip scum?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm
Well I recall TH thinking it was funny.
Fair enough. My scumslip point is probably wrong.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 pm Dragon D. Luffy my would be scumslip points aside, would you rather lynch Golden than Turnip Head?
I can't decide whether Golden made a very unoriginal case as a baddie or if he actually thinks he's the king of fuck mountain for repeating what DH said in the previous day with different words.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:50 pm Dragon D. Luffy my would be scumslip points aside, would you rather lynch Golden than Turnip Head?
I can't decide whether Golden made a very unoriginal case as a baddie or if he actually thinks he's the king of fuck mountain for repeating what DH said in the previous day with different words.
Are you serious? Of course Golden would do that. He's the hurricane of self assurance after all.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:49 pm What’s interesting is nutella said ‘biggest risk in 10 years if he’s mafia’ about how strong town TH is but considered buying macs scumslip. I don’t get that. If I was that sure of someone’s towniness my gut response to Mac is that it’s just shitposting or something and macs overreacting.
I was exaggerating a bit earlier about the risk thing and decided to consider I might be wrong. So I did what I could to check for evidence for or against the slip rather than discount it out of hand. I still think it's not a slip and I still think th is town. K?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 pm

Dragon D. Luffy what is he referring to when he says that you told him about Bonnie Mae chat and you all had a laugh?
Remember when Golden was making a huge point about that debate we had to decide about putting Glorf in the poll?

Well the debate lasted like 1 hour, in the middle of the night, involved only half the crew and was mostly related to Glorf wanting to commit sepukku over the fact his role gave a -1 penalty in a specific mission. So I commented to TH and co. that it was possible Golden was exaggerating the whole thing. It wasn't meant to make fun of anyone btw, not Golden or Glorf.
I’d like you to find the time I said we’d had a ‘huge point’ about it. I just said it’s what happened. If you disagree with any of my assessment of what happened in the ship chat you’re welcome to publicly respond to that and say so.

Why did you think the best response was saying that in ship chat but never saying the same in the main thread?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:47 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:33 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:31 pm Yeah, screw it. Golden is bad. We've been on to you for a while and you keep weaseling your way out of the spotlight with your supatown reputation. I'm done falling for the act. We should have lynched you and your buddies days ago and we can't afford to let you last longer.
If yall wanna jump on Golden I guess I'd do that.
:haha:

You know Golden is destined to flip town here right? Like this is just a bunch of people hoping to get their revenge on him for years of owning you.

Turnip Head said that he has spoken at length about his scum read of Golden.
I asked him to point at the good bits and his just made a new post summarising a vague read.
Nutella offers no argument.
You just sheep vote.

I would love to be able to contribute to a correct lynch of Golden (it'd be a dream come true for me) but this one is a witch hunt, pure and simple.
My problem is that Golden's case against me is fake as hell.

Hes defending me for the whole game. Then suddenly he comes here and says "Guys, guys. I had an epiphany. What if... DDL tried to save Sokoth? And what if he pushed the CFD on Wilgy to lynch him? I think I just solved the game".

Eh... DH has been saying the same thing since d4?
Boy is this a big ass misrepresentation of what I said.

Why don’t you explain why you went from suspecting nova and TH at the start of the day to trying to work with nova to lynch anyone but TH at the other end?

And why don’t you tell me why you agree with my case day 3 but now all I’m doing is ‘complaining about TH’.

I don’t understand these things. I also don’t understand why you’d call my case fake as hell and ignore them. For me it was an epiphany. The stuff linking you to sokoth, I never really saw the case there before. Suddenly it clicked because of your comment about the way I’m handling TH.
I'm pretty sure there is a post between the two events you mentioned where I commented on how TH's explanation about the Sokoth vote made me feel somewhat better.

I recall it was about both nova and TH and you focused on the nova part while still suspecting TH for the same thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 pm
For that to be true Turnip Head would need to flip scum? Are you saying TH is gonna flip scum?
I don't know. I don't think so. But apparently I'm the only one.

I miss Nova.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can only imagine the Yun Qui has been some kind of anti-Gden religious cult based on the stories coming out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 pm Yeah I mean I'm suspicious of Enrique but don't have much to say about it, he seems snappy and opportunistic >

DDL has a friendly disposition even as he's slinging crackpot theories which is arguably the coolest way to play as town imo.

INH on the surface feels like he's hiding but then when he does show up I feel like he's exercising real brain muscles to post
Is this still your opinion on these three btw?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 pm
I don't know. I don't think so. But apparently I'm the only one.

I miss Nova.
I mean to say that you literally said that he's gonna flip scum because you said that the Mafia are gonna chain you to his lynch. That means he's Mafia. How do you know that he's Mafia?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 pm

I’d like you to find the time I said we’d had a ‘huge point’ about it. I just said it’s what happened. If you disagree with any of my assessment of what happened in the ship chat you’re welcome to publicly respond to that and say so.

Why did you think the best response was saying that in ship chat but never saying the same in the main thread?
You said it about 10 times while arguing with Mac about captaincy stuff. Made it sound like it was the congress of Athens.

As for the other question, I dunno, it just came up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And given that we've confirmed that you know that he's Mafia (jks) why are you defending him so much? Would that not also make you Mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you strip away all the arguing and anger this game has actually been pretty damn entertaining and I feel like the Mafia are doing a fucking amazing job.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 pm
Are you serious? Of course Golden would do that. He's the hurricane of self assurance after all.
What words did DH even use? He just posted clips of posts and said 80% teammate, at least when I looked for it.

He also... never linked DDL to TH at all which was 90% of my case?

I hate the minimisation, dismissal stuff.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Why does Mac avatar only appear in my phone but not on PC?

This is also happening with a bunch of other images, like the ones Epi posts.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok I'll stop because Golden is getting offended and I actually didn't read most of his post.

I just saw some points that were a repeat of DH's points and thought it was unoriginal. So yeah the case isn't that strong tbh.

Also the DF sudden vote and then disappear. I mean WTF
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 pm Why does Mac avatar only appear in my phone but not on PC?

This is also happening with a bunch of other images, like the ones Epi posts.
Stop using windows ME
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 pm

You said it about 10 times while arguing with Mac about captaincy stuff. Made it sound like it was the congress of Athens.

I don’t believe I made much of a deal about a ‘debate’. I just said I asked the crew and went with what I felt was the best consensus available - both times. The point is that don’t attack my choices as though they are just mine.

Are you saying I didn’t solicit opinions? Are you saying I ignored those opinions?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's funny because I can send PMs to multiple people on PC but not on phone.

Maybe if I fuse both I'll get a device that is syndicate-compatible.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm Ok I'll stop because Golden is getting offended and I actually didn't read most of his post.

I just saw some points that were a repeat of DH's points and thought it was unoriginal. So yeah the case isn't that strong tbh.

No no not offended. Please don’t take it that way. I’m just trying to make sense of your responses to me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:01 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:57 pm

I don’t believe I made much of a deal about a ‘debate’. I just said I asked the crew and went with what I felt was the best consensus available - both times. The point is that don’t attack my choices as though they are just mine.

Are you saying I didn’t solicit opinions? Are you saying I ignored those opinions?
No you did but it was like

Golden: we putting Glorf on the poll because I think everyone is a civ
Speed: Ok but be careful about not reading crewmates as civs
Golden: Don't worry I'm confident about it.

And it was like 3 AM where I live. So I wasn't there. Marmot wasn't there. Glorf was just there was to talk about sepukku but he left afterwards. I actually replied to it without noticing the thread was locked and deleted it right after lol.

I mean, I'm not building a case on you based on that. It was a snide comment about how I thought you were overdramatizing the whole thing (which you probably were, I mean, we all know the arguments with Mac and Epi really stressed you).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 pm Ok I'll stop because Golden is getting offended and I actually didn't read most of his post.

No no not offended. Please don’t take it that way. I’m just trying to make sense of your responses to me.
I didn't like the turn. It was so fast. One moment you were tone reading me and the next moment you have me as your biggest suspect because of something everyone was already talking about. It feels like you had an agenda and was forcing the matter. Teammates with Enrique, perhaps?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:48 pm and did you all have a good laugh about it?

Also @Golden and @speedchuck would you consider anything that occurred on the BM before I got there as qualification for "adventure stories" the likes of which another crew "would have a good laugh" about?
I wouldn’t personally. There’s not much of note in there.
Yeah, pretty boring. You should be able to read it all. There isn't much.
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm Lmao that's exactly the story the mafia (aka probably you inh) are gonna jump all over.
That's how many people that Nutella has called mafia after they suspected her?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:58 pm If you strip away all the arguing and anger this game has actually been pretty damn entertaining and I feel like the Mafia are doing a fucking amazing job.
Yeah, this game has been good. I keep having to second guess everything.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so Mac I've decided your "scumslip" doesn't make sense and I'm not convinced.

I have no idea how to read TH rn.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 282

Post by speedchuck »

GTH

DFaraday
DharmaHelper
Dragon D. Luffy

Enrique
Epignosis
Glorfindel
Golden
insertnamehere
lapluie - replaced by Mac 2.0
nutella
Juliets
speedchuck
Turnip Head

I'm actually pretty confident in this. Epi might be 3P, and he's my weakest town-head-gun-read.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:04 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm Anybody dicks up this three way tie and I'll come getcha.
But I want to vote Golden.

DDL is reading totally genuine to me and his outbursts feel like genuine civ frustration, while Golden's reactions feel more manufactured. I'm not really examining things in-depth at this point, just going off reads.

I don't have much of an opinion on Enrique one way or another, but I could vote there if someone sums up why I should.

Linki: Golden's legacy post isn't making me feel better about him. Votes [VOTE: Golden] aubergine
You still ain't rich yet? What is you waitin for?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 412

Post by Epignosis »

I cannot recall a single solitary instance of nutella ever "wildly flailing" trying to figure out how to deal with a teammate about to be lynched. Hell, she goes shopping for the rope (loyalty discount or something).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have invented a new, extremely controversial scum detection device. It's called the "Butthurt 500 Series".

So the Butthurt 500 Series detects butthurt in players who are under suspicion. The higher the level of Butthurt. The more likely they are to be town. Now be warned this is extremely controversial so I will test it on myself.

Now of course I am very aware that I, the great shirt wearing Hoban, am a civ, so I do have some confirmation bias. But when I run the Butthurt 500 Series over my posts you will see that this green light right here comes on. That means that adequate levels of butthurt exist inside my posts for the Butthurt 500 Series to correct guess I am scum. Now moving on...

DFaraday - Extremely low levels of butthurt
DharmaHelper - Trace levels of butthurt, might just be a G
Dragon D. Luffy - Extreme levels of butthurt, high likelihood of being a civ
Enrique - Significant butthurt detections - most likely civ
Epignosis - Trace levels of butthurt, might just be a G
Glorfindel - Conditions not suitable for use
Golden - Significant butthurt detections - most likely civ
insertnamehere - Butthurt levels suspiciously low, warning, possible Mafia
nutella - Butthurt levels suspiciously low, warning, possible Mafia
juliets - Conditions not suitable for use
speedchuck - Butthurt levels suspiciously low, warning, possible Mafia
Turnip Head - Trace levels of butthurt, might just be a G

It takes a while for it to print a report. Please wait.

Return to “Previous Jobs”