Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:03 pm TH is voting Owner. Owner is not voting TH.

Iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnteresting
Why should I self-pres? It won't help unless TH is really a baddie. If I have to help myself in order to survive day 1, I'm surely getting lynched in the future. There would be too much wifom/distraction around my existence.
I don't think so, not in this game. Because there are cops and lie detectors and stuff everywhere.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:33 pm I think Gryffindor is suspect since the murder occured in front of their common room.
a bit reaching . . . potentially a joke . . .still what are you trying to suggest here?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by speedchuck »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:38 am
karavalenge wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:53 am
Who is ready to learn? :D
Those comics are the best thing to come out of Harry Potter.

speedy's picture might make him town xD, among other reasons
:| I literally quoted the same comic tumblr as Kara, yet they're scum and I'm town? ??? ?????
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:51 pm so who's mafia other than glorfindel and karavalenge
hmm would nutella point out partners...or just an observation? probably an observation? not sure
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:13 pm
:| I literally quoted the same comic tumblr as Kara, yet they're scum and I'm town? ??? ?????
The mindset was different though.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I hope your jollies are short lived Nutella, just like me
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:12 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:03 pm TH is voting Owner. Owner is not voting TH.

Iiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnteresting
Why should I self-pres? It won't help unless TH is really a baddie. If I have to help myself in order to survive day 1, I'm surely getting lynched in the future. There would be too much wifom/distraction around my existence.
I don't think so, not in this game. Because there are cops and lie detectors and stuff everywhere.
I agree.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Soneji »

My Lunalee lynch isn't going anywhere so it seems it's between Owner and TH. Owner had a potential scumslip but it's so slight that I'm not willing to bank on that. TH's push on me is bad and they have had some odd interactions. What edges things out for me is that Luna and TH are voting Owner, while Owner is not voting TH, scum would have to be really unmotivated to not self-pres.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
I'm not crazy about jack either. He might be okay, but I don't like how he's roleplaying this vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

By Gryffindor's Hammer I shall be avenged
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

catching up on

tell me about th and owner
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

give me the "quick enough to read in the last 14 minutes of my lunch break" version please
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 pm So who’s going to ask Glorfindel if he’s bad?
Nobody do that shit. Let the man play the way he wants to play.

This will not appear in this game again.
Nobody is telling Glorfindel how to play.

ColinisAddressing others on how they will address Glorfindel, which is perfectly valid.
Does Epi usually give a summary of what everyone is doing? Or should I suspect that he's just trying to look like he's doing stuff?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm catching up on

tell me about th and owner
hey hello hi its ya boi turnip, save me and i'll explain everything
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Or would Quin be with Epi? hmm
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.

This is my 2nd game with DH. Certain behaviors, I'll find scummy most of the time. I'm not sure if they are alignment indicative, but working to figure out what the edges of his meta look like.

He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.

If I'm alive, DH gets a fresh look at tomorrow based on the posts he makes tomorrow.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I am considering voting Bullzeye because his posts are mostly jokes, about video games, etc. He did have one post that had some content but it was pretty weak. Then he voted without giving much thought to it while it seems like the rest of us seem to be putting a lot of thought into our votes. I think Soneji has a good point about a bad Owner not protecting herself by voting TH. I get her answer post to me in linki so I will read it next.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

This Day ends at a bad time for me. I can't read the thread at work and I just got home.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I understand the case against owner more than I understand the case against turnip so I'm voting [VOTE: there] aubergine
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:47 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:18 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 pmMy comment was that we are not mafia partners because I like to discuss things with my mafia teammates, and I "spoiled" something for juliets (even though I PUT THE DAMN THING IN SPOILER TAGS), so we are not bad together in BTSC.
This logic seems unsound. Do you mean that you pre-discuss everything you say in the thread with your teammates when you're bad?
There isn't any logic to it. I've been bad with juliets before, and juliets loves chat (see: discord). We would have been talking this stuff up, and juliets asks questions about things even when bad.

So my point is this:

juliets and I are not bad teammates together.

Use that. Work with it. Bye.
Geez. Okay. Sorry I asked.
I wasn't aiming to be rude. I thought all the cool kids said "Bye" at the end of their posts, indicating they had summed up their points.

I didn't mean to offend by initiating shitty cultural norms.
Is Epi being appeasing a good thing? Like is he generally a helpful scum or not really?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:08 pm So who’s going to ask Glorfindel if he’s bad?

ColinisAddressing others on how they will address Glorfindel, which is perfectly valid.
Does Epi usually give a summary of what everyone is doing? Or should I suspect that he's just trying to look like he's doing stuff?
My interpretation of what Epi is doing is standing up for what Colin said, pointing out that Colin is not doing what JJJ is accusing him (rather harshly) of.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Get Nutella first then look at Soneji and maybe Lonely Heart still. Why do you muggles insist on calling her Owner, what kind of thoughtless nickname is that. Always a pleasure to be mislynched by your friends :llama: So reads the last will and testament of Turnip Head.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Soneji »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:33 pm Get Nutella first then look at Soneji and maybe Lonely Heart still. Why do you muggles insist on calling her Owner, what kind of thoughtless nickname is that. Always a pleasure to be mislynched by your friends :llama: So reads the last will and testament of Turnip Head.
I only call her Owner so people know who I'm referring to, in my head she's Ooh La La.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Vote th
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:33 pm Get Nutella first then look at Soneji and maybe Lonely Heart still. Why do you muggles insist on calling her Owner, what kind of thoughtless nickname is that. Always a pleasure to be mislynched by your friends :llama: So reads the last will and testament of Turnip Head.
Why do you sound desperate?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry for The Rush vote, just made it here on time to see turn its head and owner tied, and I don't think owner is bad, and turnip head just might be. Also I want his Hallows if possible.

Vote turnip-head
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dang I missed it
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:28 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 pm
So you are voting DH because he was a civilian in the a completely different game and you suspected him there?
I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (that could be a thing; I would need to have played more games with him to test this theory).

But I think he's being different.
So Owner, I am reading through your posts and I didn't see any further explanation but my apologies if you've already answered this. You say:
1. You "have your reasons" - so what are those reasons?
OR
2. DH reads scummy in every game but you haven't played enough games with him to know (I personally don't think he reads scummy here)
OR
3. You think he's being "different". Different from what? The game you played with him where you thought he was scummy but he was civ? What differences do you see and are you talking about differences from Firefly or some other game? If it's another game what game is that?

I know people have already commented about your suspecting DH for his play in another game where you thought he was bad but he was really civ, but I'll just add to the comments anyway: if you have other reasons (item number 1) please state them because the reasons you give here don't make a lot of sense to me. If you've already stated what "my reasons" are just point me to that post.
No one is gonna lynch him today even if I state my reasons, that has become perfectly clear.

This is my 2nd game with DH. Certain behaviors, I'll find scummy most of the time. I'm not sure if they are alignment indicative, but working to figure out what the edges of his meta look like.

He's being different from last game where he was town that game. But not everyone plays the same way game to game. I figuring out how far it stretches.

There are a few instances where DH is approaching the situation as I should know better. As if I someone is silently saying are you really gonna play this way again? Which, I've run into in the past when I have tunneled others, but it's difficult to know if someone is still within a particular meta.

If I'm alive, DH gets a fresh look at tomorrow based on the posts he makes tomorrow.
Thanks Owner of a Lonely Heart I appreciate your responses to my questions.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

LC was indeed the last vote. I thought I had till the end of the minute. Fail.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:35 pm
Why do you sound desperate?
I don't... Please have some respect for the dead :pout:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Owner is probably town because, even if it isn't ideal, she has the self preservation of a lemming. The video game kind.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

No way would scum even fake that in this situation. Owner was tied with th until 3:34.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

*puts on music to start getting ready for game night*
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OH NO! I never even looked at the poll time figuring it ended somewhere around 9 - how did I get that into my head. I'm so pissed, and so sorry Ravenclaw and other players.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Heading to work now, I'll find out the Lynch result and catch up in a few hours, and hopefully claim my Hollows.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In mafia-related news, Whitey Bulger is dead.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 pm gut read: Epi and Owner are scum mates
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:58 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm I suspect these people: JJJ, TH, DH, and timmer in no particular order.
Enlighten me about the JJJ read.
Engages with Epi in his player salad post.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 pm This sounds like a bullshit act to me.
Which part? And who?
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:39 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:34 pm
I think you're trying to set DH up.
A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it.
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 pm
That was a joke.

Or was it.
Hmm. You really aren't helping your case. But then again, I can be pretty annoying too.
Epi tries to distance himself from Owner
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm
I respect you, but that doesn't mean I'll stop being critical of you.
Seems like you're constantly and exclusively critical of me, but hell I've got pretty thick skin I'll be fine. Anyway good luck with that I guess.
JJJ seems alright. I want to look at Quin. Epi is null. Speedy, I'm slightly worried about.

I think yourself, JJJ, nova, and poutanko are the players I feel like I might have some meta on.
Owner produces their own player salad post and lists Epi as "null"
If I'm ordering a salad, it better have more than four items in it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

About how many votes did Owner have at about 3:44pm EST?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm Or would Quin be with Epi? hmm
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm About how many votes did Owner have at about 3:44pm EST?
I think it was 3.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It was 5-4 after Soneji's vote for me, Kylemii tied it up and then LC broke the tie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm About how many votes did Owner have at about 3:44pm EST?
I think it was 3.
I would have said 4 but I can't tell exactly when JJJ took his vote off of her. It was somewhere around that time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Even though I didn't vote there...hmm. It's kind of funny how one-sided this is.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:10 pm It was 5-4 after Soneji's vote for me, Kylemii tied it up and then LC broke the tie.
Okay, yeah, probably 4
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Don't give OoaLH a free pass for no self-preservation imo, tis a dangerous assumption and she has allies if she's bad.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:10 pm It was 5-4 after Soneji's vote for me, Kylemii tied it up and then LC broke the tie.
This is correct. I think we were still tied at 5 at 3:33-3:34.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:12 pm
Okay, yeah, probably 4
It was 5.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
Then what’s the point of saying this?

Return to “Previous Jobs”