Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:06 am Ugh, please don't call me eager-as-a-puppy.
*rubs head*

You’re as eager as a kitten, aren’t you?
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:59 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 am GTH babey

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
Owner of a Lonely Heart - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
>why did you read Jay as Town then scum this DP?
>do you still has same read on MacD? You voted him last DP.
>what made you read lapluie as Town?
Considering how vague Nutella’s suspicions on me are and how her case on Jay is just “fight me,” this rainbow and her current suspicions look made up.
and you quoted me because? Image
Spoiler: show
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:43 am idk if I have it in me to do the remaining Jay/INH interactive read, it is way past sleepy time but I might take a pass at it tomorrow; perhaps more salient imo though is his performance of his signature interactive read exercise itself. I'm not entirely convinced that his conclusions are completely honest and natural. and I'm not just saying that because he ended up suspecting me more than I would like, but I also found several of his other conclusions to be rather wimpy. specifically, in my experience he usually calls out the people who have little to no interaction with the confirmed scum because he sees non-interaction/avoidance as w/w behavior, but here he left most of those as truly neutral conclusions instead of bad-leaning ones, and only gave out a few actual bad-leaning conclusions about people with substantial amounts of interactive content. it sounds like he is treating the people with nonexistent inh interactions as having a blank slate, when really they should have the absence of interaction count as a strike against them. I have a feeling that a scum jay could be using his signature interactive read exercise to manipulate the focus onto the wrong people, because he isn't giving the types of analyses that I would expect.
You're right that in the past I have cited a lack of interactions with mafia members as being a bad indicator. My analytic methods are fluid though, in that they adapt over time as I develop my impressions about which assertions and intuitions of mine are actually productive. I'm not sure I have had better-than-random success with the specific accusation that X didn't interact very much with mafioso Y. It can still be a problem under circumstances which make that lack of interaction stand out, but in a vacuum -- it's only barely meaningful. In this case, we are speaking of INH, a player with a low post count who seemed generally ignored until late in Day 2. Even after I raised my initial gripes against him it took two pages for anyone to give a crap. There wasn't a whole lot to say about him, and his own content was restricted to addressing a small set of players.

Are there any players in particular that you believe should be given a harsher look as a result of their lacking interactivity with INH?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:18 am Anyone remember the wagon before it changed to Soneji? I don't want to track the vote posts and make a list ( ̄▽ ̄)
I believe that before the Soneji wagon swelled, the prevailing two wagons were on Lunalee and Bullzeye. Owner also had multiple votes.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:30 am
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:18 am Anyone remember the wagon before it changed to Soneji? I don't want to track the vote posts and make a list ( ̄▽ ̄)
I believe that before the Soneji wagon swelled, the prevailing two wagons were on Lunalee and Bullzeye. Owner also had multiple votes.
Do you remember Luna voters and Owner's? I only remember Bullz because I made a note of that.
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:37 am
Do you remember Luna voters and Owner's? I only remember Bullz because I made a note of that.
At a glance it appears their voters did not move to Soneji. Soneji's living voters:

Lunalee - previously voted Bullzeye (?) and karavalenge
Jack - previously voted Glorfindel (who also had a two-vote wagon for a bit I think)
timmer - previously voted karavalenge (brief two vote wagon alongside Luna)

The Owner and Luna voters mostly appear to have stayed put (kara, Colin / INH, DH, Soneji respectively). Anyone should correct me on these things if necessary.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], as this day phase began you provided a few examples of mafia-INH from past games to describe his treatment of his teammates. I'd like to see how you apply that information to the present game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 am
At a glance it appears their voters did not move to Soneji. Soneji's living voters:

Jack - previously voted Glorfindel (who also had a two-vote wagon for a bit I think)

The Owner and Luna voters mostly appear to have stayed put (kara, Colin / INH, DH, Soneji respectively). Anyone should correct me on these things if necessary.
[mention]Lunalee[/mention] [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] [mention]timmer[/mention]What's your current read on those you voted before you guys moved to Soneji? Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 am I really appreciate the general aesthetic of the thread right now. A handful of dedicated Mafia players are discussing the way forward, while JJJ is in the back room with his head buried in the books working out the deep cut research. It's a fun mental image. :biggrin:
Keep going.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 pm @Lunalee @Jackofhearts2005 @timmerWhat's your current read on those you voted before you guys moved to Soneji? Image
I didn't think to include myself, but I also voted Soneji. Prior to that I had voted Lunalee and INH.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:58 am Who looks worse in relation to INH: luna or nutella? It seems like they're unlikely to both be partnered with INH, unless they went all in on a bussing triangle.
Nutella. The vague “okay INH is town” and the “lol I forgot INH is in this game cause we are no w/w” bits aren’t great.

With Luna, it’s all about “awkward” exchanges but I think Luna just sometimes comes across as sketchy. Notice the “awkwardness” is from Luna. There’s not really any from INH.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:10 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 pm @Lunalee @Jackofhearts2005 @timmerWhat's your current read on those you voted before you guys moved to Soneji? Image
I didn't think to include myself, but I also voted Soneji. Prior to that I had voted Lunalee and INH.
Soneji wagon was nowhere before I went to sleep, it looks to me like someone from previous wagon needed to be saved and there were people who jumped on that (the other wagons were only 2 and can go to any of them? Soneji ended up with 5) Image
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

...you didn't start the wagon on Soneji for that, right?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Dude, you voted Bullz too before Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am I was curious because maybe part of why I'm picking up good vibes from nutella is simply that she's voting alongside me, so I went back to trace her Jack case prior to this very moment and... well, it doesn't exist.

What does exist is this list of GTH reads:

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum

Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Scum reads in red.

Compare that to her more recent ON NOTICE list:
MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge
Mac and kara are the only consistencies. Three of her initial scum reads are dead and one of her town reads has flipped town, so a little re-shuffling is bound to be in order. I don't fault nutella for that. I am curious as to how these are the names that came out of that shuffling though. I already asked her about Jack and her answer satisfied me in the moment but now that I've got my scrutiny specs on I'm gonna want more. What prompted the initial town read and why has that changed?
Wasn’t her answer just “What Sloonei said + gut?”why did that satisfy you?
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

and Jack answer my question already Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm ...you didn't start the wagon on Soneji for that, right?
I made the initial case against Soneji. I had voted Soneji earlier in the day, then expanded on the vote here. I switched to Lunalee for a bit and ended up returning to Soneji.

I don't typically find X was saved by Y type stuff terribly convincing, because it's the sort of behavior that mafia members often avoid more than pursue just given the way civilians always respond to it. Your theory is as possible as any other though -- which voters do you think are the most likely to have been the savers, and who was the saved?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm Dude, you voted Bullz too before Image
Yup. If I recall correctly my vote trajectory was Bullzeye ~~> Soneji ~~> Lunalee ~~> Soneji.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:32 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm Dude, you voted Bullz too before Image
Yup. If I recall correctly my vote trajectory was insertnamehere ~~> Bullzeye ~~> Soneji ~~> Lunalee ~~> Soneji.
Correction. I vote a lot. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:26 pm ...you didn't start the wagon on Soneji for that, right?
I made the initial case against Soneji. I had voted Soneji earlier in the day, then expanded on the vote here. I switched to Lunalee for a bit and ended up returning to Soneji.

I don't typically find X was saved by Y type stuff terribly convincing, because it's the sort of behavior that mafia members often avoid more than pursue just given the way civilians always respond to it. Your theory is as possible as any other though -- which voters do you think are the most likely to have been the savers, and who was the saved?
You voted Bullz too why didn't mention this? Image

Bullz and Luna as the one to be saved.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 pm You voted Bullz too why didn't mention this? Image
Because I am a nutcase and cannot remember all of the crazy things that I do. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am I was curious because maybe part of why I'm picking up good vibes from nutella is simply that she's voting alongside me, so I went back to trace her Jack case prior to this very moment and... well, it doesn't exist.

What does exist is this list of GTH reads:

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum

Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Scum reads in red.

Compare that to her more recent ON NOTICE list:
MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
Glorfindel
karavalenge
Mac and kara are the only consistencies. Three of her initial scum reads are dead and one of her town reads has flipped town, so a little re-shuffling is bound to be in order. I don't fault nutella for that. I am curious as to how these are the names that came out of that shuffling though. I already asked her about Jack and her answer satisfied me in the moment but now that I've got my scrutiny specs on I'm gonna want more. What prompted the initial town read and why has that changed?
Jack's jokey/gimmicky style had me figuring he was town for the first couple phases, but as time went on I started to notice that he hadn't really been contributing real content alongside the jokes, and so I decided I have no legitimate basis on which to townread him and that he could be coasting on the flow of the thread.
Hogwash.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm
poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 pm You voted Bullz too why didn't mention this? Image
Because I am a nutcase and cannot remember all of the crazy things that I do. ;)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 am

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Considering how vague Nutella’s suspicions on me are and how her case on Jay is just “fight me,” this rainbow and her current suspicions look made up.
Because I didn’t want to mess with the quote on mobile to only have Nutella’s rainbow?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], I believe you raised the first accusation of player salad in this game (against Owner I think?). When I went after INH for his prototype salad, you were clearly not comfortable following the lead. This stands out especially because that sort of hesitation doesn't really seem to exist often or at all elsewhere in your post history. Why did INH deserve that?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Like Moses I will walk through the desert of shit I didn't read and emerge into the promised land.

What? Moses didn't get to go to the promised land? Says who?

Shit.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:45 am

@Lunalee @Jackofhearts2005 @timmerWhat's your current read on those you voted before you guys moved to Soneji? Image
My vote was iirc a placeholder vote when I decided to move it off someone else. Changed my opinion of Luna? Doesn’t really matter. I had a slight suspicion of Glor and still do. Nothing Glor said after I voted for him really changed that read.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And there was never a second Glor vote.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:41 pm

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
Because I didn’t want to mess with the quote on mobile to only have Nutella’s rainbow?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:41 pm

ColinIsCool - town
DharmaHelper - town
insertnamehere - town
JaggedJimmyJay - town
Kylemii - scum
Bullzeye - town
Epignosis - town
Glorfindel - town
poutanko - town
Soneji - scum
juliets - scum
Long Con - town
Lunalee - scum
MacDougall - scum
Quin - town
Jackofhearts2005 - town
karavalenge - scum
lapluie - town
timmer - town
You know I'm yet to decide my read on her and you quoted me while giving your opinion about her. You can just click the arrow and get her original post to quote if that's what you're after :noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Okay thanks for the tip?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I coulda sworn I said more things about INH but they were probably in my floochat with Kyle :/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:52 pm I coulda sworn I said more things about INH but they were probably in my floochat with Kyle :/
Oh. The dead guy. :|

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm Wasn’t her answer just “What Sloonei said + gut?”why did that satisfy you?
Because I didn't need a detailed and concrete answer, I just wanted to see evidence that she wasn't faking. Part of it was trusting that there'd be more in her post history to back it up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:52 pm I coulda sworn I said more things about INH but they were probably in my floochat with Kyle :/
You got something to say, come out and say it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:54 pm
You got something to say, come out and say it.
That's all I had to say. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:11 pm I looked over Luna's posts in U-Pick and Mega Man (mafia in both). It's difficult to identify any tonal differences with this game. In terms of content, I do observe that in her mafia performances she was inclined toward individualized player analysis, in the forms of large quote compilations, ISOs, or thorough reads lists, in a way that isn't quite as visible here. Her hunting activity is more reactive and less self-constructed.
Luna is definitely reactionary right now. It reminds me of my earlier mafia career where I would freak out once I realized that I was being eyed. But she seems to be flailing with no idea of an overarching goal. Vote bullz. Don't vote bullz. But vote bullz. But maybe Kara. But no bullz... it's dizzying.
This. Her 3 targets that she's focused on, Bullz, Kara, and me, have all been easy suspicions to come by, and mostly feel like her hopping onto easy suspects already mentioned by others. She criticized me for having too few/weak reads, and only providing "commentary" to the thread, while she herself has been guilty of all of that.

I always read willful hypocrisy as a scumtell. Other folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
OK I've decided to comment-as-I-go type deal and this pretty much clears Luna does it not?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm Hmm... glor has a sort of theatrical way of posting that I can't read much into. I'm leaving glor and Jack for another day. But while I'm ISO ing purple with votes... soneji! Holy interesting case!

TH suspects soneji. Soneji suspects luna. Luna votes owner. So soneji uses this as an excuse to vote for...TH. who suspected soneji . So soneji pulled a clever no U.

Now today soneji is back on Luna, but with no apparent attempt to break down how the lynch result may have affected the case. If soneji felt strongly that Luna was protecting th with a vote on owner, where are the thoughts now that the lynch went how it did?

I think I may join jjj on a soneji vote. Yes, in fact I am.

[VOTE: soneji] aubergine
Yikes Timmer m'boy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:58 pm Hmm... glor has a sort of theatrical way of posting that I can't read much into. I'm leaving glor and Jack for another day. But while I'm ISO ing purple with votes... soneji! Holy interesting case!

TH suspects soneji. Soneji suspects luna. Luna votes owner. So soneji uses this as an excuse to vote for...TH. who suspected soneji . So soneji pulled a clever no U.

Now today soneji is back on Luna, but with no apparent attempt to break down how the lynch result may have affected the case. If soneji felt strongly that Luna was protecting th with a vote on owner, where are the thoughts now that the lynch went how it did?

I think I may join jjj on a soneji vote. Yes, in fact I am.

[VOTE: soneji] aubergine
Plus, Luna looks town af to me.

[VOTE: Kyle Sonjei] aubergine
Hibblety Skibbilty, Jack m'boy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:46 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:44 pm the difference between this game and the last game as far as number of opinions from me goes is that in the previous game the few opinions I had were confident and also correct with little basis required up until maybe like day six.

I defended players I knew were civs and voted for my own teammates because I could, and because it was easy, and it made me seem trustworthy to basically everyone except long con. In this game I have few opinions because I've only read like 1/3 of the pages
Did Kylemii just scum-slip?
whaddya mean
He gives a comparison:
Last game (scum): confident opinions, defended players who were civ, voted for his teammates, acted trustworthy
This game (unknown): I have few opinions because I haven't been around.
Not: I have few opinions because I'm town.
So... Ugh... Luna, is that a serious case? Like, you legit think his word choice here is a scumslip? Or is this a desperate attempt at a case to take pressure off of you...
Luna's Kyle comment is stretching it but Timmer's post here is a bit much in the way of calling it out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:58 pm
timmer wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:55 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:46 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:44 pm the difference between this game and the last game as far as number of opinions from me goes is that in the previous game the few opinions I had were confident and also correct with little basis required up until maybe like day six.

I defended players I knew were civs and voted for my own teammates because I could, and because it was easy, and it made me seem trustworthy to basically everyone except long con. In this game I have few opinions because I've only read like 1/3 of the pages
Did Kylemii just scum-slip?
whaddya mean
He gives a comparison:
Last game (scum): confident opinions, defended players who were civ, voted for his teammates, acted trustworthy
This game (unknown): I have few opinions because I haven't been around.
Not: I have few opinions because I'm town.
So... Ugh... Luna, is that a serious case? Like, you legit think his word choice here is a scumslip? Or is this a desperate attempt at a case to take pressure off of you...
Honestly, no. My use of the term "scum slip" was a little heavy. I just wanted to point out that Kylemii's excuse for not "being on top of things" was because he's "busy."
JUST when I thought I could clear Luna :/

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:14 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:59 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:21 pm So who was last to vote Soneji? @juliets ? Did ya get a hallow?
I didn't but was I the last one to vote?
why would you ask this nutella? If juliets did get a hallow and tell you, she would become a target. The mafia could kill her to get the hallow.
Well that didn't occur to me because I'm not mafia, sorry
Oof..

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 2

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:56 am Okay, now that I’m caught up, USE THE FUCKING REZZES TONIGHT
Not to piss in the lemonade here but would the lack of rezzes indicate either nobody has any, whoever does have them died, or whoever does have them is inactive/bad?

Yikes fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm Gryffindor won the House Cup again on Day/Night2 (yep, just like the books).

@ColinIsCool
@DharmaHelper
@JaggedJimmyJay

Pick an item. Remember you can't pick the same item as yesterday.
Elite
Floo powder. My house. :nicenod:

Kyle and I made up a secret code and now it's going to waste.
You mean to tell me Kyle DIDN'T drop ~~!~!@~#SUSHI!@!#~@!~~# on his floor?!?!?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Indirectly relevant. I don't think this was intended as defensive of INH, which warrants saying since the interpretation is possible.
I defending INH by being pinged that Luna *wouldn't* vote for INH? Nerp.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:56 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:03 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm Oh wow I was wrong about all three of those people. RIP juliets and kyle, bye baddie inh!
I was right about inh! :D
Yet you lacked conviction to lynch him.
Yeah here's the crux of it. Luna put a token vote on INH and switched to the more popular options, and now is taking INH's flip as a way to essentially give herself civ credit. Nah, Goofy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm Gryffindor won the House Cup again on Day/Night2 (yep, just like the books).

@ColinIsCool
@DharmaHelper
@JaggedJimmyJay

Pick an item. Remember you can't pick the same item as yesterday.
Elite
Floo powder. My house. :nicenod:

Kyle and I made up a secret code and now it's going to waste.
You mean to tell me Kyle DIDN'T drop ~~!~!@~#SUSHI!@!#~@!~~# on his floor?!?!?
The secret code is for after we lose btsc you....*jots down secret code ideas*
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

poutanko wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:09 am ...and I thought dealing with Luna in Outpost was quite something ( ̄▽ ̄)

Tbh nutella, you look very sus due to your reaction after DH questioning you and you kept changing your vote as if you're having panic attack because you're caught (with 1 saying you voted MacD but in the poll it's still on timmer which made me think you're not serious with your suspicion against him)+asking Juliet if she has a Hallow. But then you must be suicidal if you're scum and be so blatant asking Juliet about Hallow and next thing we know we get dead Juliet. Frame attempt because of your epic derping+scum attempt to get Hallow - could be. I'll reread again later to decide what you are <_<
This here is a fun post that uses a bunch of words to say "Nutella is suspicious but maybe not but maybe"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.
I noticed that as well - your ideas sounded sure, and believable, though I haven't checked it out for myself in Luna's other games yet.

I'm happy to put a vote on [VOTE: INH] aubergine instead.
here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but @Long Con I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
I thought your defense of Luna sounded like something real, and deserved looking into. Your characterization of her "more cool and manipulative" baddie game didn't look like her game here. For INH, I'm a big believer in Player Salad as a tell, which you referenced elsewhere in your post. I didn't want to leave my vote on Luna, and JJJ's catch of Player Salad made for a good new place to put my vote. I didn't vote him as a bussing move, I voted him because he looked bad to me. I was surprised no one else chose to put a vote on him.
Technically you voted for him because he looked bad to other people.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 am Alright folks, I've decided I got to patch the House Cup.

From now on, no Houses can win the Cup two consecutive days. This starts having effect right now, so Gryffindor is out of today's cup.

This is because I think the current system allows for a snowball effect a little more than I had predicted. Like, killing/lynching inactives actually helps the house. And I want everyone to have a shot at buying those items.

Also an addendum: if you get the "Use all of your 3 abilities" bonus in the day your house is not allowed to win, the bonus will be transferred to the next day's cup.
TFW You ball too hard.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

All caught up here's who I will look at tomorrow/vote for probably, not in any particular order of suspicion just from what I read:

Jay
Timmer
Luna
Nutella
Jack
Long Con

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”