juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by juliets »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 pm Okay listen up. I have use of the divination spell and here are my results:
N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N3 - used another ability
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

I didn't want to claim already. But it's day 5 and I don't want to knowingly watch a townie get lynched. So @timmer @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool @Jackofhearts2005 make a better choice and get off Sloonei.

If you need further proof, look at my first rainbow read post. I listed Epi and Owner in dark green, since I had checked them by then.
So do we have consensus on whether Divination can be used in this manner (consecutively)?
I don't see why it couldn't be.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:34 pm For those of you voting Sloonei, please tell me again why you think Owner did not vote TH as self-pres. Why leave it to LC when it would have been so much more understandable if Owner had done it. Just seems like a bad scum move if they are both scum.
Wifom? Idk. I’m not voting Sloonei because of LC’s save.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:49 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:34 pm For those of you voting Sloonei, please tell me again why you think Owner did not vote TH as self-pres. Why leave it to LC when it would have been so much more understandable if Owner had done it. Just seems like a bad scum move if they are both scum.
Wifom? Idk. I’m not voting Sloonei because of LC’s save.
Well there's something bigger out there now - Luna's divination.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:39 pm Okay listen up. I have use of the divination spell and here are my results:
N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

I didn't want to claim already. But it's day 5 and I don't want to knowingly watch a townie get lynched. So @timmer @DharmaHelper @ColinIsCool @Jackofhearts2005 make a better choice and get off Sloonei.

If you need further proof, look at my first rainbow read post. I listed Epi and Owner in dark green, since I had checked them by then.
This is poop why would you have copped epi or DH
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:48 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:46 pm Sloonei’s putting up a hell of a fight but if he’s not scum I’ll eat G-Man’s dictionary.
You're excessively confident for someone who's not even trying to figure out what's going on.
I don’t know why you keep saying that. I have read every post in this thread, which is more than you can say, and I am very aware of the arguments being put forth. Get outta here with this baseless “Colin isn’t paying attention” shit.
I’m waiting for you to prove it. According to you I haven’t done anything all game. Get out of here with that shit.
No.
Why not?
I don’t mean to say that you’ve done nothing and I think you’ll actually find that’s a misrepresentation of what I did say. To add what I’ve said, though, you’ve mischaracterized most other things I’ve put forth when referring to them and that feels deliberate. We will have to agree to disagree until our alignments are revealed.
No we won’t. My mind can be changed. I am doubting my suspicion of you right now.

My issue is the supposed confidence in your vote, which is paired with a seeming unwillingness to discuss it (which this entire conversation is highlighting again). Your initial accusation was that I’m “doing my best to appear disengaged” and that it’s “an act.” You followed that up by saying I’ve done nothing other than “pop in to say I haven’t read the thread, deflect from Owner arguments, and defend myself.” All of this tells me that you aren’t actually reading my posts too closely. For one, I don’t recall ever deflecting anything about Owner until a moment ago. But more importantly, it ignores all of the things I have had to say, which is a pretty substanital portion of my posts which you’re conveniently not adressing. Sure I’ve defended myself and said that I haven’t read the whole thread. Those are things that have needed to be said in the course of conversation. I’ve said a lot of other more productive things around that.

I’ll repeat myself for clarity: I don’t like the amount of confidence you seem to have in this vote, considering you can’t seem to produce a read about the player you’re voting for. Your read is about something that happened to Owner on Day 1. You are voting for Sloonei on Day 5, and yet your acknowledgment of him is to say he’s done nothing substantial.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

Spicy.

[VOTE: Pout] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm
N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

So do we have consensus on whether Divination can be used in this manner (consecutively)?
I’m able to use wingardium leviosa every night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@karavalenge where are you??? Please contribute, no need to hide
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm not buying Luna's claim for the simple reason that her targets are shit. [VOTE: luna] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 pm
N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

Spicy.

[VOTE: Pout] aubergine
To Vig, shoot this dude. He didn't even question her claim Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:57 pm I'm not buying Luna's claim for the simple reason that her targets are shit. [VOTE: luna] aubergine
So INH bussed her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Seriously who the fuck cops DH on night 4 of this game. So many better options. Literally anyone else we had reason to suspect and would have been a better choice. Luna talkin out her ass.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:29 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:48 pm

You're excessively confident for someone who's not even trying to figure out what's going on.
I don’t know why you keep saying that. I have read every post in this thread, which is more than you can say, and I am very aware of the arguments being put forth. Get outta here with this baseless “Colin isn’t paying attention” shit.
I’m waiting for you to prove it. According to you I haven’t done anything all game. Get out of here with that shit.
No.
Why not?
I don’t mean to say that you’ve done nothing and I think you’ll actually find that’s a misrepresentation of what I did say. To add what I’ve said, though, you’ve mischaracterized most other things I’ve put forth when referring to them and that feels deliberate. We will have to agree to disagree until our alignments are revealed.
No we won’t. My mind can be changed. I am doubting my suspicion of you right now.

My issue is the supposed confidence in your vote, which is paired with a seeming unwillingness to discuss it (which this entire conversation is highlighting again). Your initial accusation was that I’m “doing my best to appear disengaged” and that it’s “an act.” You followed that up by saying I’ve done nothing other than “pop in to say I haven’t read the thread, deflect from Owner arguments, and defend myself.” All of this tells me that you aren’t actually reading my posts too closely. For one, I don’t recall ever deflecting anything about Owner until a moment ago. But more importantly, it ignores all of the things I have had to say, which is a pretty substanital portion of my posts which you’re conveniently not adressing. Sure I’ve defended myself and said that I haven’t read the whole thread. Those are things that have needed to be said in the course of conversation. I’ve said a lot of other more productive things around that.

I’ll repeat myself for clarity: I don’t like the amount of confidence you seem to have in this vote, considering you can’t seem to produce a read about the player you’re voting for. Your read is about something that happened to Owner on Day 1. You are voting for Sloonei on Day 5, and yet your acknowledgment of him is to say he’s done nothing substantial.
You say I can’t produce a read but dismiss my read as “not following your posts closely.” And I’m not interested in arguing because I don’t really care if I convince anybody of my genuine feelings when I am being genuine, especially someone whom I suspect. :shrug:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:58 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:57 pm I'm not buying Luna's claim for the simple reason that her targets are shit. [VOTE: luna] aubergine
So INH bussed her?
That does give me pause. I await her response but idk how she can defend those cop choices to me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

@LunaleeWhy didn't you check me/Colin or one of PoE? Why didn't claim earlier about your result on Owner/Sloonei?
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I was a little peturbed on this note as well.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Oof the brashness
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am staying put on Sloonei I think. The three Sprit voters are people who won’t be here at EOD and Sloonei. Don’t want to fuck around.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@DharmaHelper
:omg:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So let me say what I’m seeing real quick:

Quin is suspicious cause he contradicted Speedchuck who also flipped town. Did we get past that cause I don’t remember?

Meanwhile Sloonei is under suspicion because??? But he’s also one of three hufflepuffs that could be mafia following the one mafia per house theory.

Lunalee has poor targets so now people are suspicious of her?

Am I following correctly?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:02 pm I am staying put on Sloonei I think. The three Sprit voters are people who won’t be here at EOD and Sloonei. Don’t want to fuck around.
Alternatively if a wagon does form on Luna lynching her would solve all that but if she is a cop that’s a bigger risk.

Nut, go back to Sloonei and we can test Luna’s honesty without risking lynching a cop.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Yea so can anyone tell me why we moved away from speedchuck vs Quin?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I’m still operating under that there was a blatant controversy that is unsolved still
Banners:
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

FWIW Luna attempted a fakeclaim of sorts to stave off a lynch in Retro when we were scum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scum use the cop power to find out a player's ability kit. Luna claims to have copped epi n2. The next night epi dies. Coincidence?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

N1 - Owner/Sloonei TOWN
N2 - Epi TOWN
N4 - DharmaHelper TOWN

You waited until there was 3 hours left in the day for this? Oy...
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Guys please just vote Luna with me this reeks in all kinds of directions.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:59 pm Seriously who the fuck cops DH on night 4 of this game. So many better options. Literally anyone else we had reason to suspect and would have been a better choice. Luna talkin out her ass.
@Lunalee why did you do this? nutella is right it doesn't seem reasonable to cop DH this late but I'll wait for your explanation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Colin, it’s that you aren’t interested in engaging with me because you suspect me that bothers me most of all. It suggests that your read is final and that you don’t want to talk about why that’s the case. It’s bullshit and unhelpful and I don’t like it. If you’re a civilian you should want to talk about your reads.

But whatever. This is no longer helping and I want hs to be able to look at other options. I still town read luna. I’m interested in her Mac vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

I'll be on break in a bit, I'll have to think on this.
My siggie.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 pm Guys please just vote Luna with me this reeks in all kinds of directions.
I just think Sloonei is the more sensible move but I’ll do it if the wagon can win.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm I’m still operating under that there was a blatant controversy that is unsolved still
Which is?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epi did die at a weird time.

Linki: Luna flipping scum shows sloon is likely bad

Town flip means he’s confirmed town. Unless there’s reveal shenanigans on lynches?

Linki2: something about Speedchuck night actions contradicting Quine night action and neither refused to change their stance saying the other is lying, Speedchuck flipped town. I don’t think any items or abilities were figured out to make it make sense either
Banners:
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I don’t understand the Quin/Speed stuff. Any of it.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei do you think there is mafia in house hufflepuff?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:16 pm Epi did die at a weird time.

Linki: Luna flipping scum shows sloon is likely bad

Town flip means he’s confirmed town. Unless there’s reveal shenanigans on lynches?

Linki2: something about Speedchuck night actions contradicting Quine night action and neither refused to change their stance saying the other is lying, Speedchuck flipped town. I don’t think any items or abilities were figured out to make it make sense either
For sure on the last bit. I’ve suspended my efforts to solve that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I would go look for Quin/speed stuff if I wasn’t on mobile :shrug:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@everyone: i’d like to an exercise with all of you. This involves going down the list of players and stating the strongest reason you have for town reading each player. The point of the exercise is that you produce a town read on everybody, so no skipping around because you suspect a certain person. It only works if everyone gets a town read.

Who’s down?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by dunya »

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm if I wasn’t on mobile :shrug:
one day, i'll know enough code to make a really easy to use mobile version of this website. right after i create a vote tally robot for us :p
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

My connection is poor and I don’t have reasons, I’m useless to the exercise so I’ll pass

Linki: youre doing the lords work dunya
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mkay who keeps pinging me and why.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@DharmaHelper if two astronauts killed eachother in space and no one knew, would that be fucked up or what?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@DharmaHelper vote for Luna, she off the shits
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm My connection is poor and I don’t have reasons, I’m useless to the exercise so I’ll pass

Linki: youre doing the lords work dunya
You just need to make one post
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei I would but I'm at work now and shouldn't be making long posts on my phone lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I guess I could work on it bit by bit but I don't really feel like it/ don't actually see the value right now since I'm focused on Luna right now and still await her response
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lol Luna y u trippin
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:26 pm Lol Luna y u trippin
._...__.._._.___..._._..._.;
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's probably because I have the privilege of knowing my alignment, but Luna makes no sense as scum to me. She was under no pressure at all when she claimed. If she has a reason for claiming, it's because she doesn't want me to be lynched. If she's scum, that makes no sense.

Which, I guess, is to say that you need to suspect Luna and me as a pair. And remember that there's only two bad guys left, I told you all so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”