Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 7

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 am I mean I guess I could but no one would believe me if I did :P

Well except maybe Juliets.

And mafia have Hogwarts abilities so that means nothing POE-wise.
This isn't making me feel any less suspicious of you dude.
Nothing would :shrug:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Here is me btw:

Night 1 - Prepared the Elixir of Life
Night 2 - I forgot to put an action in
Night 3 - I gave the Elixir to Timmer
Night 4 - I used Prior Incantato on Sloonei and saw him use Wingardium Leviosa on Nutella
Night 5 - I used Prior Incantato on Colin and saw that he used no action (was roleblocked by Nutella)
Night 6 - I tried to use Prior Incantato on Nutella by posting it in the thread instead of PMing Luffy and haven't receved a result so I am presuming he just thought I was messing and didn't give me a result.

Have we reconciled the fact that Colin was roleblocked by nutella and didn't know it? Roleblocks are revealed to the user in this game (according to DDL answering my question in DM). Colin claimed he used his wingardium leviosa and when I scanned him it said he didn't use an action and initially he didn't say he was roleblocked just that I must have been redirected or some such. If he was a civ that was genuinely roleblocked wouldn't he have just said he was roleblocked straight away given that Luffy tells people when they are roleblocked?

Is it possible that Colin really did just not submit his Hogwarts night action because in doing so he would be roleblocking his scum teammate hence why he actually wasn't roleblocked?

It's hard to rationalise this in my head. Help.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:06 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 am I mean I guess I could but no one would believe me if I did :P

Primo Garbo. I am entirely capable of pivoting. I am an instinct based player. If you give me a reason to unravel my current feelings they will unravel.

You just seem like someone who doesn't want to get caught making something up that's easy to refute. You have no choice but to role reveal right now imo.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 am Here is me btw:

Night 4 - I used Prior Incantato on Sloonei and saw him use Wingardium Leviosa on Nutella
Night 5 - I used Prior Incantato on Colin and saw that he used no action (was roleblocked by Nutella)
Night 6 - I tried to use Prior Incantato on Nutella by posting it in the thread instead of PMing Luffy and haven't receved a result so I am presuming he just thought I was messing and didn't give me a result.

Have we reconciled the fact that Colin was roleblocked by nutella and didn't know it? Roleblocks are revealed to the user in this game (according to DDL answering my question in DM). Colin claimed he used his wingardium leviosa and when I scanned him it said he didn't use an action and initially he didn't say he was roleblocked just that I must have been redirected or some such. If he was a civ that was genuinely roleblocked wouldn't he have just said he was roleblocked straight away given that Luffy tells people when they are roleblocked?

Is it possible that Colin really did just not submit his Hogwarts night action because in doing so he would be roleblocking his scum teammate hence why he actually wasn't roleblocked?

Anything is possible.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:10 am

Primo Garbo. I am entirely capable of pivoting. I am an instinct based player. If you give me a reason to unravel my current feelings they will unravel.

You just seem like someone who doesn't want to get caught making something up that's easy to refute. You have no choice but to role reveal right now imo.
Eh, do I tho? Must I? I genuinely don't like to role claim or infodump, and the game is 100% solvable without my contribution to the roleclaiming and infodumping.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:12 am

Eh, do I tho? Must I? I genuinely don't like to role claim or infodump, and the game is 100% solvable without my contribution to the roleclaiming and infodumping.
If you are a civ you also have a responsibility to prevent your own death. If you are a civilian the only thing you will cause by refusing is your own lynch. The only player right now with a modus operandi for hiding their night actions is the hidden Mafia.

Also I doubt that it is 100% solvable without it if you are the one who is the deepwolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For what it's worth I tend to to agree with you in that I generally prefer a game that doesn't have infodumping or role claiming, but this one does and the fact is that you are the only person who hasn't so now we are in a position where if you refuse it's as bad as posting your role card.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 am

If you are a civ you also have a responsibility to prevent your own death. If you are a civilian the only thing you will cause by refusing is your own lynch. The only player right now with a modus operandi for hiding their night actions is the hidden Mafia.

Also I doubt that it is 100% solvable without it if you are the one who is the deepwolf.
But nobody aside from you wants to lynch me :/

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:58 am Night Actions -

N3 - Phoenix
N4 - made a potion
N5 - sent it to DH - you're welcome DH
N6 - made a potion

Is that enough or do you need more?
Well you could definitely be more specific.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 am

But nobody aside from you wants to lynch me :/
I am assuming here but I imagine if you keep refusing to post your night actions that'll change in a hurry.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Peer pressure :(

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you are a civ and you're just being stubborn for no reason that'd be a pretty shitty way for us to lose the game.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:18 am If you are a civ and you're just being stubborn for no reason that'd be a pretty shitty way for us to lose the game.
:sigh: Such a bully.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just trying to ensure that we don't lose this unloseable game for dumb reasons.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 am Just trying to ensure that we don't lose this unloseable game for dumb reasons.
I really don't like infodumping and outing myself ever but I'm strongly considering it just to see your reaction meh....

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

IDK [mention]nutella[/mention] Do you want me to out my night actions or what.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 am Just trying to ensure that we don't lose this unloseable game for dumb reasons.
I really don't like infodumping and outing myself ever but I'm strongly considering it just to see your reaction meh....
You are considering it because my reaction will be meh, or wow?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am
I'm considering it because once I do you'll hop off my jock and find the last mafia

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

This is what I thought. Even if I blocked him I would think DDL would tell you who he tried to target but I could be wrong about that. So I thought maybe he just didn't do anything but who knows :shrug:

Tbf Mac I disagree with you on revealing abilities. I've been hesitant to reveal mine as well because it's dangerous for civs to reveal their stuff to the scum and also as I pointed out more than once I'm pretty sure outing night actions helped my scum team win FE (which had a similar setup in terms of scum having the same ability set as town with enhancements).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:23 am
I'm considering it because once I do you'll hop off my jock and find the last mafia
Then do it because that'd be a good thing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:24 am

This is what I thought. Even if I blocked him I would think DDL would tell you who he tried to target but I could be wrong about that. So I thought maybe he just didn't do anything but who knows :shrug:

Tbf Mac I disagree with you on revealing abilities. I've been hesitant to reveal mine as well because it's dangerous for civs to reveal their stuff to the scum and also as I pointed out more than once I'm pretty sure outing night actions helped my scum team win FE (which had a similar setup in terms of scum having the same ability set as town with enhancements).
Oh word.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella also disagrees on revealing abilities, an interesting situation we find ourselves in where our two townie leaders both somehow find themselves in an infodumping and role revealing game on day 7 with either all or most of their night actions hidden. Definitely no reason to tinfoil or suspect them. None at all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let's all just act like good lemmings and walk off the cliff now. Cool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 am Nutella also disagrees on revealing abilities, an interesting situation we find ourselves in where our two townie leaders both somehow find themselves in an infodumping and role revealing game on day 7 with either all or most of their night actions hidden. Definitely no reason to tinfoil or suspect them. None at all.
:grin:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:22 am IDK @nutella Do you want me to out my night actions or what.
Maybe if Colin flips town I would then request it. But not now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 am Nutella also disagrees on revealing abilities, an interesting situation we find ourselves in where our two townie leaders both somehow find themselves in an infodumping and role revealing game on day 7 with either all or most of their night actions hidden. Definitely no reason to tinfoil or suspect them. None at all.
I would reveal mine if I absolutely had to, but please go read the end of Fire Emblem and tell me you still think it's a good idea.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:22 am IDK @nutella Do you want me to out my night actions or what.
Maybe if Colin flips town I would then request it. But not now.
:noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"[Divination]: The one who uses this art will learn whether another student is innocent or guilty.

If used by a guilty student, it will instead make them obtain a list of Hogwarts Abilities the target knows."

Why am I posting this? I ask Nutella and DH specifically because they are such good students.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:29 am "[Divination]: The one who uses this art will learn whether another student is innocent or guilty.

If used by a guilty student, it will instead make them obtain a list of Hogwarts Abilities the target knows."

Why am I posting this? I ask Nutella and DH specifically because they are such good students.
IDK Mac it seems like with Jack being a cop, the people who are/have revealed their powers are more suspect than the ones who haven't.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:05 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:10 pm When I flip, refocus your attention on [VOTE: LUNALEE] aubergine. She interceded on Sloonei’s behalf because he was barking up the wrong trees but could earn towncred by saving him. It’s as easy as that.

I was blocked last night.

I’m using canary cream tonight on juliets. Jack and Luna will not be able to use dark arts abilities.

See ya.
did you block my action last night as well? If so that was very dumb, as I would have gotten a reading on Mac otherwise.
Colin was roleblocked himself last night apparently. We know nutella has a roleblock. I presume she roleblocked him. You were probably roleblocked by the scum. Which is of no surprise really if you are a cop.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:32 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:10 pm When I flip, refocus your attention on [VOTE: LUNALEE] aubergine. She interceded on Sloonei’s behalf because he was barking up the wrong trees but could earn towncred by saving him. It’s as easy as that.

I’m using canary cream tonight on juliets. Jack and Luna will not be able to use dark arts abilities.

See ya.
did you block my action last night as well? If so that was very dumb, as I would have gotten a reading on Mac otherwise.
Colin was roleblocked himself last night apparently. We know nutella has a roleblock. I presume she roleblocked him. You were probably roleblocked by the scum. Which is of no surprise really if you are a cop.
Nutella's roleblock she claimed was a one shot that she claimed to have used on Colin

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If the scum have a diviner. Which Jack claimed to be and really still could be, and if you (DH) or you (Nutella) are actually a civ. Do you really think they don't know your abilities by now? Especially given your stature and the fact that you are alive. You are probably alive because they do in fact know what you can do.

So given that, the only people who wouldn't know what you can do is in fact the rest of the civilians.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:34 am

See ya.
Nutella's roleblock she claimed was a one shot that she claimed to have used on Colin
You know it'd be hella easy to solve a lot of the game if everyone just admitted what they can do. We'd probably be left with a Mafia wearing an "I am Mafia" shirt. But instead our valiant town leaders think that it's a dumb idea for some reason.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

See ya.
I roleblocked Colin on night 5, not night 6. It was a one-shot (Petrificus obv) and I've already said this so whatever
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 am Image
I'm getting this tattooed on my butt
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:34 am If the scum have a diviner. Which Jack claimed to be and really still could be, and if you (DH) or you (Nutella) are actually a civ. Do you really think they don't know your abilities by now? Especially given your stature and the fact that you are alive. You are probably alive because they do in fact know what you can do.

So given that, the only people who wouldn't know what you can do is in fact the rest of the civilians.
I have now revealed two out of three of my abilities in the thread anyway, and two of my specific night actions. Whatever.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't know why are you both making me out to be some sort of weirdo for wanting all the cards on the table here on day 7 in a game where role revealing is allowed, infodumping is allowed, the scum have a rolecop and a way to redirect night actions etc. etc. etc.

Any argument you can make not to is just flat out wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You know who wouldn't want to reveal their roles?

The Mafia.

You know why?

Getting caught in a lie.

You know who doesn't care about revealing their roles?

The town.

You know why?

Helps find the Mafia lying.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 am I don't know why are you both making me out to be some sort of weirdo for wanting all the cards on the table here on day 7 in a game where role revealing is allowed, infodumping is allowed, the scum have a rolecop and a way to redirect night actions etc. etc. etc.

Fucking think about what you just said. This is LITERALLY how my team won FE. Everyone just fucking stated what they were doing and we got to redirect shit to our heart's content.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 am You know who wouldn't want to reveal their roles?

The Mafia.

You know why?

Getting caught in a lie.

The town.

You know why?

:shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 am You know who wouldn't want to reveal their roles?

The Mafia.

You know why?

Getting caught in a lie.

The town.

You know why?

Again, this won't work here for the same reason it didn't work in FE -- the mafia have the same abilities to claim truthfully, they just have to leave out additional details. You are ignoring the scum angle here which I understand from experience from a similar game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 am I don't know why are you both making me out to be some sort of weirdo for wanting all the cards on the table here on day 7 in a game where role revealing is allowed, infodumping is allowed, the scum have a rolecop and a way to redirect night actions etc. etc. etc.

Fucking think about what you just said. This is LITERALLY how my team won FE. Everyone just fucking stated what they were doing and we got to redirect shit to our heart's content.
You think the scum don't know everyones roles by now? You two are the only ones who haven't revealed it in the thread! As if they haven't divined you!

Fucking THINK Nutella.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Right now Jack and his ally know the roles of everyone left in the game I have zero doubt of that.

Careering down my rainbow list are both of you right now.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 am

You think the scum don't know everyones roles by now? You two are the only ones who haven't revealed it in the thread! As if they haven't divined you!

Fucking THINK Nutella.
There's a chance they haven't. And even if they did, I don't need to confirm anything or specify which actions I've been using and how. But whatever, like I said I already have revealed two.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Maybe if you actually read my posts you would know what two of my abilities were and what I did the last two nights.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:40 am

Fucking THINK Nutella.
There's a chance they haven't. And even if they did, I don't need to confirm anything or specify which actions I've been using and how. But whatever, like I said I already have revealed two.
You expect me to believe that the scum wouldn't have divined you and DH yet in this game if you are civs?

I don't expect the Mafia to tell us their Mafia roles, but if they tell us their Hogwarts roles and what they have done with them we're gonna invariably see some really questionable decisions there right? Not to mention we THE TOWN will be able to coordinate the Hogwarts roles to some extent or at the very least narrow the way they can be used by the remaining Mafia players through coordinating.

You might have one example of a game in which this caused a scum win but there are many games I have played over the years where the town infodumped their roles and abilities and it contributed strongly to town wins. It's not an unusual occurance.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:43 am Maybe if you actually read my posts you would know what two of my abilities were and what I did the last two nights.
I havee read every post in the game, some I have even thought about and placed in my memory banks, some I have even read twice!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well I'm gonna finish watching Dr. Who but this has been fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
You know what, I think that this is a scum slip.

Return to “Previous Jobs”