2018 Socky Awards Mafia (FINAL PRESENTATIONS!)

Moderator: Community Team

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (NIGHT 5)

Post by juliets »

Congratulations nutella, and also congrats to the nominees and finalists listed below. (Sorry, I can't get the spoiler tags to work for some reason.)

Nominees

nutella
Quin
Russtifinko
speed chuck
MacDougall
JaggedJimmyJay
Epignosis
Turnip Head
Sloonei
Kylemii
dunya
Enrique

Finalists

Russtifinko
Epignosis
Sloonei
MacDougall
Kylemii
nutella

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 165
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 1)

Post by Sloonei »

Luna & DDL:
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:11 pm People who have voted and have not posted a lot:
Nova (5 posts) voting LC and doesn't really say why
Long Con (5 posts) voting colonialbob for only posting in pictures
DDL (5 posts) also voting Long Con because Long Con is voting C-bob for the picture post gimmick. okay.
Includes him in a list of names. Okay. This might not have enough dressing to be classified as salad, but it's close.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:54 pm Ugh, the poll has way too many single votes on it right now.
Maybe you could fix that?
Lol last time someone called Luna out for not practicing what she was preaching she was bad

I don't necessarily suspect her for it here though. Only so much one can do :p

But we only have 4.5 hours so yeah who should we start grouping votes onto? I'd love to hear thoughts other than my own
The way you start the sentence with "lol" before throwing shade at someone then saying you won't "necessarily" vote for them triggered my :eye: senses.
I too, don't feel comfortable trusting nutella.
Joins him in the casting of shade against Best Civilian nutella.

Votes for DDL day 1. Cool. I don't know what the thread was like at the time, if this vote carried any real weight, or anything about the context. It doesn't look bad, but I can't say that with confidence.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:14 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:44 pm Enrique feels like the easy wagon of the day, considering it's coming from the previous day and not much else is happening.
Yeah, Epi calling him "dead weight" just isn't a good enough reason to lynch him. We could lynch MP for the same reason since he seems too busy to play.
Here she agrees with him that Enrique was a weak bandwagon on Day 1. I'm iffy on this. Again, I wasn't here and I don't know the full context. This could be two baddies trying to score townie points by denouncing a mislynch.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:46 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:37 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:32 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:19 pm A bit relieved that Enrique flipped town. That makes me look good.
:huh:
You didn't quote the whole post.

And I said literally this out loud to speedchuck, so I thought I should post it in the thread to be fair.
I know I didn't.

It's funnier if I just quote that part. :grin:
were you around at EOD? Why did you stay on MacDougall?
This looks like a crucial exchange, but again I wasn't here and am probably missing some context. DDL makes a face at a thing luna said, but then they both just sort of brush it off and move onto a different topic (DDL's vote the day before). Nothing really came out of this exchange, which could be because neither of them wanted much to come out of it. But DDL did go through the trouble of calling luna out for what could have been perceived as an odd slip up, but he was taking her quote very far out of context, which would lead me to look favorably on this exchange for luna.

Votes for him again but quickly switches to reywas because ""I don't know if DDL would be quite that obvious."

Another vote

But then she wants to lynch reywas instead:
Lunalee wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 pm and apparently Lunalee moved right as I voted. Neat.
lol, vote reywaS with meeee
(this post follows an exchange where I explain my hesitance regarding a DDL vote, and luna says she can see my point of view, so there's that)
Lunalee wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:59 pm
sabie12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 am If you look at gmans vote spreadsheet speed and ddl consistently voted on all confirmed civs thus far.
I'm thinking we should lynch speed. Nothing about him screams town this game.

linki Hi speed
Pivots to speedchuck the next day.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 pm sabie sure was quick to join my vote on speed. Don't know if I like that too much. I'm switching to DDL though for now because he did look suspicious with the nutella push, and speed posted DDL's quotes in such a way that just really condemns the guy.
Quickly back to DDL. Part of me thinks this vote looks a bit too cautious, like she's over-explaining it, but that's not a major concern. I'd lean slightly town so far on luna based on this exercise.
She then turns sabie's vote against her, which I like.

Luna stuck to the DDL vote when I started proposing alternatives. Granted, hers was the first name I pulled out of the hat, but she didn't budge from the vote at all. I said at the time that yesterday's result was a good look for luna and I stand by that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Post by speedchuck »

I have been playing KHIII all day, but I'll be coming in tomorrow. RIP G-Man.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

how in the world did i get a nomination for best civ
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

RIP gman sorry I accused you in the beginning.

Why are people accusing me exactly? Is it because I agreed with my own suspicion of speedchuck and voted for him? If so that still makes no sense to me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:33 am how in the world did i get a nomination for best civ
Retrocausality? Fiddler on the Roof? DFS mafia? Two Headed Monster Mafia? One Hour Werewolf? I'm just sayin'...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 am RIP gman sorry I accused you in the beginning.

Why are people accusing me exactly? Is it because I agreed with my own suspicion of speedchuck and voted for him? If so that still makes no sense to me.
Process of elimination. I have reason to town-read others. I don't have a specific reason to town-read you. Given that we're in a late-game scenario, that makes you a suspect by default.
Who should we lynch today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 pm Does anyone disagree with my POE of svs, sabie, and luna?
Catching up.

If I'm reading this correctly, G-Man made the argument that SVS and Luna are not on a scumteam together, coming off that last minute voteswitch.

If that is the case, and this POE is valid, then Sabie would have to be teammates with either SVS or Luna.

I'll catch up before I agree with the POE, but I'm just putting things together as I go.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 am Finalists

Russtifinko
[/np][/b]
Wait, Russ played a game this year?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella & ddl
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:29 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:54 pm Ugh, the poll has way too many single votes on it right now.
Maybe you could fix that?
Lol last time someone called Luna out for not practicing what she was preaching she was bad

I don't necessarily suspect her for it here though. Only so much one can do :p

But we only have 4.5 hours so yeah who should we start grouping votes onto? I'd love to hear thoughts other than my own
The way you start the sentence with "lol" before throwing shade at someone then saying you won't "necessarily" vote for them triggered my :eye: senses.
Come on you have played with me in the last year.
The only mention of DDL on page 1 of nutella's ISO is this brief response to a half-hearted Day 1 poke from from the Dragon himself. I don't like either ends of this exchange, tbh.
nutella wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:38 pm do you guys seriously want to lynch me for "weasel words" what is it 2016???

I wonder if DDL really believes what he is saying because he has seen me play a lot in the last couple years and he must know that the "lols" etc are a hallmark of my civ style. He's harping a bit too much on this one thing and then going "well whatever her civ and bad metas are too similar so who knows" like he's soft-pushing an easy target but backing off/not taking responsibility
Here she calls him out a bit later, once the case on her starts to pick up steam. I analyzed their interactions earlier from DDL's perspective and came out saying that he was a bit too aggressive with her in the middle stages of the game for them to look like partners, but seeing them from nutella's end provides a different look, at least through the first couple posts. Maybe I just woke up in a different mood today, but I can see this as a carefully plotted distancing interaction now. I don't need to see it that way, and I've still only got a partial view of it.
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:02 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm [VOTE: DragonDLuffy] aubergine
His "how likely is it that nutella killed Mac for WIFOM" post just feels fishy to me. Almost like DDL is trying to push that as the narrative of what happened when it is just as likely that scum would kill Mac to frame nutella.
Ehh I think that post makes him look less likely to be responsible. He wouldn't so overtly call it out as being wifom, right?....or would he lol

But on the whole I think Rey looks worse. He is going after me for very shallow reasons and every new post has a new fake-looking take.

[VOTE: reywas] aubergine
:suspish:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm I am thinking g is right about ddl. I disagree with him on SVS, I think she is town, but ddl has felt off this whole game, none of his posts feel quite right and I think he is coming from a scummy place. Hope we get this right. [VOTE: ddl] aubergine. And I still would love some elaboration from sloonei about speed. I would be open to a speed vote if there is good reason.
Next day she's on board with DDL. This... seems like typical nutella.
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm Hat trick! :beer:

RIP Kyle.

We gotta take charge y'all we are getting stomped. I say we should try for ddl again.
And the next day. Here is her actual vote.
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:51 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine

Big ass push on DDL is yuck.
I believe speedchuck did the "big ass pushing" with his post of DDL quotes. I simply saw a good case and joined it.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:11 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine

Big ass push on DDL is yuck.
Why blame luna more than g-man or anyone else for that matter? If anything I think Luna looks bad for pushing speed and then going back to ddl, so I think she and ddl are potential teamies. Do you think ddl is town?
I don't blame luna. I just think she's a shady looking person that's not DDL.

The big push against DDL in general has me second guessing the suspicion against him. Luna is an alternative.
Actually, literally everyone else here is an alternative.
Lol ok [VOTE: Luna] aubergine
But then she's the first person to jump on the luna bandwagon with me. This, again, looks like typical nutella. But I can't totally ignore it. I felt like nutella was earnestly thinking about her vote here, but having the knowledge that DDL was scum changes things a little. She seemed to be swayed pretty strongly onto luna, but I've been on the wrong end of enough nutella suspicions to know that she can feel strongly about her reads on a whim. I am struggling to read her here, but the simplest answer is that she's town.

DDL went after her fairly hard, but it was delayed and only picked up momentum once others were also on board with the suspicion. That can be a safe distancing tactic, or it could be a bad guy who wanted a strong civilian voice knocked out. But, if that was the priority, DDL could have just nightkilled nutella.

nutella treats DDL with a bit more reservation. She never initiates anything against him, but supports cases that others have made against him. This is not out of character for a civilian nutella. She supports his lynch when he is the primary candidate, but switches the moment an alternative pops up during a likely MYLO. That's a concern.

Help.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:31 pm nutella treats DDL with a bit more reservation. She never initiates anything against him, but supports cases that others have made against him. This is not out of character for a civilian nutella. She supports his lynch when he is the primary candidate, but switches the moment an alternative pops up during a likely MYLO. That's a concern.

Help.
DDL did mostly the same thing to her as well.

And who initiated that alternative? I know hindsight is 20/20, but it almost looks like you just set a trap for nutella.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 6)

Post by Sloonei »

SVS and DDL

Mentions him in an off-hand post about Day 1 votes. Looks a bit like salad and I don't gain any information about SVS' read on DDL from this post. She just observes that he's participating. Not the best look.
S~V~S wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm Mafia is:

@ Dragon D. Luffy
@ Kylemii
@ S~V~S
Sorry, nope, I am not Mafia. That is about as clear as you can get. You might be right about the other two, but not me. I can't read DDL,I always think he's shady, and Kyle looks pretty civ to me.

I thought I would have more time today than I do, so gonna vote and run.

I think Mac made a good case, but I also think Mac dying when he did (or even Epi, as he also suspected Nutella) smacks of set up. Although both of them ... I dunno.

Why is Rey getting votes? This is civ Ray, he doesn't feel anywhere near slick enough to be bad.

I would rather vote for a no show than reywaS and I am conflicted on Nutella and hoped to sort that out, but a 60* gorgeous day and a dog with cabin fever got in the way.

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
Quite a bit later and she still has nothing to say about him. There's a vague suggestion that he might be bad, but SVS doesn't offer any input one way or the other beyond the simple statement of a hypothetical. Not the best look.

More of the same, but this time she promises to read DDL. Let's see what she had to say...
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:47 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 pm
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:21 am Hrm. It's weird that it's not MYLO right now.
My thoughts revolve around the presence of some kind of indy role. There are still ten of us. If there are three mafia (my assumption for a game this size) and an indy, then that still gives us one more day. Today is critical, however, in determining if the civvies will have a chance to win. In my mind, we’re screwed if this lynch goes wrong. I’m something of an optimist in real life but I’m a tin-foiling pessimist when it comes to mafia.
I would have assumed 4 mafia, is the thing. But I guess a third party could explain things. Maybe even the extra kill.
SVS said something about not starting out vanilla, but she is now.
Yes becasue I used my civvie role power, I had a 2 shot power, and I used them the first two nights. They were not a kill or anything negative, lol. Do you have a question or just implying that I am now vanilla because I killed someone?

I am going to vote for DDL, I have had a long day at work and it's not over yet. I will be back before EOD, though.

[VOTE: Dragon D Luffy] aubergine
:stare:
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:47 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 pm and apparently Lunalee moved right as I voted. Neat.
lol, vote reywaS with meeee
Should I though?
go look at how he responded to Mac's case on nutella after Mac died. It looks very opportunistic.
I read that differently than you did, but this is a good point. I reread Nutella today and am leaning towards she was being framed.

I am not thrilled that he isn't here, but the DDL case is a lot vaguer.

[VOTE: reywaS] aubergine
S~V~S wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:08 pm Sorry so quiet, I should not play 24/24 games, lol.

Voting for DDL again. Although I still feel in the night where Mac and Epi died, MAYBE one was to frame her, but both? I still think she may have killed Mac (one off killer?) although that would be more likely to make her civ than bad. Meh.

[VOTE: Dragon D L] aubergine

In conclusion, SVS made exactly 0 noticeable attempts to read DDL. Every time she mentioned him, it was either to shrug at his existence, or to cast an unsubstantiated bandwagon vote against him. Not the best look.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:31 pm nutella treats DDL with a bit more reservation. She never initiates anything against him, but supports cases that others have made against him. This is not out of character for a civilian nutella. She supports his lynch when he is the primary candidate, but switches the moment an alternative pops up during a likely MYLO. That's a concern.

Help.

And who initiated that alternative? I know hindsight is 20/20, but it almost looks like you just set a trap for nutella.
Go ahead and look into me for that. I know my alignment. I don't know nutella's. I am speculating about her involvement, but there's nothing for me to speculate about regarding myself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck
nutella
Sloonei
Lunalee
S~V~S
sabie12

Pretty simple rainbow. G-Man put in a lot of work, and I agree with the conclusions he and Sloonei posited.

Most likely case is that Sabie is scum with SVS or Luna, in that POE. That makes Sabie the most likely scum, and I will vote there for now.
DDL's death did basically clear nutella in my book, initially. I established beforehand that I was sure one of those two was scum, but not both. Sloonei makes some really good point, but damn it I want someone out my my POE. Sometimes a horse is just a horse. Besides, would DDL/Nutella make a long con in a game as low-effort as this one was for the first four days?
Sloonei feels town to me, but that's all I have to clear him. His vote doesn't look good, and on top of that, he's put forward a case where Sabie is most likely scum and yet he's voting SVS? I may have missed why he did that. I wouldn't discount a Sloonei pairing with someone in his POE.
linki: Sloonei appears to be doing a thing right now, so I'll withhold judgement on his vote until he finishes.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:43 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Help.

Go ahead and look into me for that. I know my alignment. I don't know nutella's. I am speculating about her involvement, but there's nothing for me to speculate about regarding myself.
I'm not saying you can't investigate it, of course. Hypocrisy is a staple of the town picnic. Or something. :beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:44 pm speedchuck
nutella
Sloonei
Lunalee
S~V~S
sabie12

Pretty simple rainbow. G-Man put in a lot of work, and I agree with the conclusions he and Sloonei posited.

Most likely case is that Sabie is scum with SVS or Luna, in that POE. That makes Sabie the most likely scum, and I will vote there for now.
DDL's death did basically clear nutella in my book, initially. I established beforehand that I was sure one of those two was scum, but not both. Sloonei makes some really good point, but damn it I want someone out my my POE. Sometimes a horse is just a horse. Besides, would DDL/Nutella make a long con in a game as low-effort as this one was for the first four days?
Sloonei feels town to me, but that's all I have to clear him. His vote doesn't look good, and on top of that, he's put forward a case where Sabie is most likely scum and yet he's voting SVS? I may have missed why he did that. I wouldn't discount a Sloonei pairing with someone in his POE.
linki: Sloonei appears to be doing a thing right now, so I'll withhold judgement on his vote until he finishes.
I have not put the pieces together in the same way you have to point to sabie as the most likely scum. SVS is the player who feels the most like scum independent of association with any other players, so I'm voting for her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 3)

Post by Sloonei »

Sabie and DDL
sabie12 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:16 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm Mafia is:

Dragon D. Luffy
Kylemii
S~V~S
And your reasoning is? The one thing that got me with svs was her saying bye epi and mac rather than RIP. Like who cares we just lost 2 more civs. That nonchalance over who cares we lost civs thing was also why I was suspecting gman.

I dont know on kyle and ddl. Nutella I could see as being bad. Very over zealous about the Enrique thing. She is very defensive and accusing epi who ended up being good.

Idk about spirit he's posted literally twice and once only to say epi was bad when he wasnt. It would suck if we lynch him and hes not bad but theres no way to know really because he has said nothing and never voted. If hes not going to be replaced then I guess I see why people want to get rid of him.

I don't like lunas comment on Enrique being good making her look good. And shes kinda following whatever nutella says. Idk if that's a teammate thing or an unsure what to do thing.

Gman says he is vanilla on the chart but we dont actuall have that confirmed. If he were bad it would be a great way to make civs look bad by saying he was good when he wasn't.

I'm really at a loss this game. Don't feel like I have any idea what to do. Those are some random thoughts. Idk
Gives the same shrug as SVS in a wide-ranging post of reads. Okay.
sabie12 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:43 pm I agree with kyle going with ddl
I'm guessing this refers to kyle's DDL vote right above her own post. Kyle defers to the voters on the DDL bandwagon at the time, and sabie defers to kyle's deference. Okay. Like SVS before her, I still don't actually know anything about sabie's thoughts on DDL.
sabie12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 am If you look at gmans vote spreadsheet speed and ddl consistently voted on all confirmed civs thus far.
This post pinged me slightly at the time because we had not lynched a single scum at this stage of the game. For all we knew, every single person in the game had voted exclusively for civilians. It strikes me as a potentially convenient and ready-made excuse for suspicion. BUT, it is at least a justification for her to suspect DDL, and that's better than nothing. She lumps him in with speedchuck though, which diminishes the townie points she could have received for just going straight after DDL.
sabie12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:35 am Also RIP kyle and reywas and congrats winners!

So speed started off going after inactives which is always a good way to mislynch someone so not a great idea early in the game. He speculates on how many mafia members there are. He says he will vote ddl but quickly changes to reywas who ended up being civ. Maybe ddl is a teammate he didnt really want to vote for but had to seem like he was going to. So I can see where the suspicion comes from.
DDL is a secondary figure in this post. Her emphasis is on shading speedchuck, and DDL just happens to be in the same area at the time.

There is nothing here that directly suggests a civilian sabie. There's a bit more substance to her read than SVS's, but that's still not a lot, and I can't ignore the fact that she chose to purse speedchuck instead of DDL after identifying the two of them as potential suspects. It's not enough to condemn her, but it definitely does not move her closer to the civilian tier of my reads list.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 4)

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck and DDL
speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:43 pm Who's supposed to get lynched this time?
I think it was... DDL? I'm down, I think. Will have to go over it.

Also ayyyy I'm a nominee! Though it's "Best Mafioso," not "got tons of mafia wins that year by virtue of having good teammates." Can't wait to see the reveal, cbob!
I didn't like the language of this post at first, but now I think it's a good look for speedchuck. He throws DDL's name out somewhat casually, but still firmly enough as to direct attention onto him.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:01 pm This DDL lynch seems as 'easy' as every other lynch that's happened up till now. Sloonei's like, the only one trying to start up discussion and it's falling flat. Makes me nervous, like the flow of the thread is just gonna bury DDL and people are sitting back and letting it.
These were my exact thoughts at the time. I am slightly concerned, but I don't think this was an unnatural position for him to take at the time.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm
reywaS wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:47 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:47 pm
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:40 pm Man O’Day! Are you kidding me? We’re taking the non-participant option on Day 3 after two consecutive mislynches AND down four confirmed civs? He better flip mafia or else it’s game over for the civs.
I agree. This sounds like the easy path to baddie victory.

[VOTE: Reywas] aubergine

I'll take the non-lazy option. At least there is some precedent to mafia faking meltdowns.
lmao

please do tell where was i faking a meltdown?
G-Man wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:17 pm Meandering about town tonight for a few errands. If I die, you’ve got my spreadsheet to evaluate. You’re welcome.

If I live, I’ll expound upon the following points:

Dragon D. Luffy hasn’t triggered my usual auto-sus for him. For that reason, I suspect him. Many of his posts are short and to the point. There are just a few in his ISO of any considerable length. That suggests a cautious approach, which seems abnormal to me.

S~V~S is the opposite. She’s gotten a little explainy, a trait seen more often when she’s bad. She likes to shut people down by poking right back. She’s a slick, measured baddie, who can all but talk you into self-voting if you’re not careful. She’s not displaying busted SVS tone yet though. She dropped her suspicion of me too quickly and she’s come close to using her perceived expectations of others’ meta to plant seeds in the minds of others.

Kylemii is my weakest read of the three. I have two others in mind as alternates for the third baddie but I want to see if either of them die tonight, thereby helping me along the way.
Original DDL case stuff, from what I can tell. Everything else spawned from these points.

It's not great, but... at least there's a case?
Offers dejected support for the DDL case. I, again, kind of like this post, even if it's not the strongest stance. He digs this post up for the sake of discussion. If he's DDL's partner and wants to keep him from being lynched, there's no reason for him to do that, especially in a dormant thread.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:19 pm 40 minutes left. Do I drop on DDL and solidify that or help a counter wagon?

Hm.

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine

Between DDL and Reywas, DDL comes off more structured and careful. Reywas is the more likely mislynch.
This looks authentic.
At this point speedchuck looks the best of anyone based on these interactions.

Just when I say that, I am reminded that he changed his vote to reywas and left it there. OH WELL, I still think he looks good.

speedchuck promises to look at DDL and he does. He comes out with a firm case and a vote against him, so I like that. Unlike some of us, he actually left his vote there. I felt good about speedchuck before this exercise, and I feel even better about him after it. Town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: 2018 Socky Awards Mafia (DAY 5)

Post by Sloonei »

The point which would render all of that analysis moot is the theory that DDL was somehow separated from the rest of the mafia team.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:14 pm You are a 2-shot inventor aligned with a/the mafia. Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. That player will receive a 1-shot ability selected at random from the following set: tracker, double vote, redirect, bodyguard, anonymous message). If you have questions about what these abilities do, let me know.

Separately, you are a 1-shot vigilante. Once during the game during any night phase, you may select a player. That player will be killed. This is separate from the faction night kill.

You may use these abilities separately or concurrently.

Looking at this role card, I see no reason to think that is the case. Why was that idea raised at all? It caught me off guard when I saw it, and on re-reading his role I am no less confused. Is it the "a/the mafia" bit? That just seems like a red herring to suggest there may be multiple mafia teams (I doubt that's the case)? Or is it the 1-shot vigilante? I doubt that means he's separated from the rest of his team as well. I read that as an extra kill for the mafia team so long as DDL's alive and wants to put it to use. His inventor role is useless to the mafia if he does not know who his partners are.

Did anyone receive an anonymous message at any point?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 178

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: sabie] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't object to a sabie lynch, but I find the evidence against SVS more compelling. Why do y'all feel different?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Speed's point based on G-Man's assertion that SVS and Luna can't both be bad. If we accept that premise then Sabie is the most likely baddie out of the three of them.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But I do think SVS is significantly more likely than Luna anyway. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by reywaS »

rez
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:32 pm Speed's point based on G-Man's assertion that SVS and Luna can't both be bad. If we accept that premise then Sabie is the most likely baddie out of the three of them.
I suppose so. I feel like SVS is more like to be bad than Luna, but I can see sabie as the safest option.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leaving my vote where it is for now for the sake of keeping things open.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 am Finalists

Russtifinko
[/np][/b]
Wait, Russ played a game this year?
He played DFS mafia and was on the winning Civ team.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Maaaaaan I wish I had teammates then I may have actually been more into this game and not nearly as depressed. Like seriously. I feel like I'm floating on an island by myself with no idea what to do. Then even if someone actually reads what I say to agree with me it changes in an instant. I don't understand the case against me and I have a hard time reading and comprehending the super long posts. I'll have to read Luna and SVS again. Luna seemed more sketchy to me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 pm Maaaaaan I wish I had teammates then I may have actually been more into this game and not nearly as depressed. Like seriously. I feel like I'm floating on an island by myself with no idea what to do. Then even if someone actually reads what I say to agree with me it changes in an instant. I don't understand the case against me and I have a hard time reading and comprehending the super long posts. I'll have to read Luna and SVS again. Luna seemed more sketchy to me.
Why does Luna seem more sketchy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 pm Maaaaaan I wish I had teammates then I may have actually been more into this game and not nearly as depressed. Like seriously. I feel like I'm floating on an island by myself with no idea what to do. Then even if someone actually reads what I say to agree with me it changes in an instant. I don't understand the case against me and I have a hard time reading and comprehending the super long posts. I'll have to read Luna and SVS again. Luna seemed more sketchy to me.
Her all over the place behavior. Quickly following other people right after making a case on someone else. Like trying to agree with everyone so no one suspects her? The statement that Enrique being good makes her look good. She had even said oh maybe I'll follow everyone and vote for him beforehand. The thing where she agreed with me about speed then when I voted she was like oh that must mean sabie is bad never mind no speed now. I just found it all to be kind of weird but maybe that's just her style
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm
Her all over the place behavior. Quickly following other people right after making a case on someone else. Like trying to agree with everyone so no one suspects her? The statement that Enrique being good makes her look good. She had even said oh maybe I'll follow everyone and vote for him beforehand. The thing where she agreed with me about speed then when I voted she was like oh that must mean sabie is bad never mind no speed now. I just found it all to be kind of weird but maybe that's just her style
I don't tend to look at being "all over the place" as a bad thing. But your point about "trying to agree with everyone" has some merit for sure. If there is a concern with that playstyle, that's it. What gives me the most pause right now is that her interactions with DDL don't look like that of a teammate. She was on his case for a while and it didn't look fabricated to me. I tried to move votes off of DDL yesterday, giving his partners a nice chance to sway the votes in any other direction (as Luna pointed out, everyone was an alternative), but she did not budge.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

okay, skimmed sabie's iso and she really sounds genuine. I feel worse about both SVS and Luna but if I have to choose it's gonna be [VOTE: svs] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

if sabie is town though, one of sloonei/speed is bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:59 pm if sabie is town though, one of sloonei/speed is bad
I am town. What makes you suspect sloonei or speed?
Also I think I missed it but what is the reason we think lina and SVS cannot be teammates? I just looked through svs and she does deny it but also she accused Luna and then defended her. Not saying that means anything for sure but just wondering.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

That was supposed to say Luna not lina. Weird autocorrect
~Darren Shan~
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Lunalee »

I don't feel confident about this SVS wagon. She literally role-claimed early on that she had a two-shot ability and is aligned civ.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm running a dnd game tonight, but I'll see if I have time to step in. I'm cool with a SVS or Sabie lynch. Unless Sloonei is bad, those two are pretty likely. Or Luna, but I don't think she's been guile-y enough this game to be bad.

Apparently I forgot to vote Sabie earlier, but I'll vote SVS now. Good to consolidate wagons.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:26 pm I don't feel confident about this SVS wagon. She literally role-claimed early on that she had a two-shot ability and is aligned civ.
She never said what it was. :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:26 pm I don't feel confident about this SVS wagon. She literally role-claimed early on that she had a two-shot ability and is aligned civ.
DDL was a 2-shot role that could function perfectly fine as a civilian ability. Role claiming is allowed, and Jay is our host. He wouldn't make the game so easy that anyone can clear themselves just by suggesting they have a certain role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, also maybe that was just a convenient claim for her to make when really DDL had given her a one-shot :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 pm
DDL was a 2-shot role that could function perfectly fine as a civilian ability. Role claiming is allowed, and Jay is our host. He wouldn't make the game so easy that anyone can clear themselves just by suggesting they have a certain role.
So you think she could have been claiming DDL's ability? I don't remember the circumstances of her claim. Was she under lynch pressure?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Or, sloonei's bad and has orchestrated this whole thing :shifty:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I doubt that Sloonei's bad at this point.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 pm
So you think she could have been claiming DDL's ability? I don't remember the circumstances of her claim. Was she under lynch pressure?
No. My point is just that claiming to have a 2-shot ability in this game is by no means conclusive evidence of anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:38 pm I doubt that Sloonei's bad at this point.
Same.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm I'm running a dnd game tonight, but I'll see if I have time to step in. I'm cool with a SVS or Sabie lynch. Unless Sloonei is bad, those two are pretty likely. Or Luna, but I don't think she's been guile-y enough this game to be bad.

Apparently I forgot to vote Sabie earlier, but I'll vote SVS now. Good to consolidate wagons.
I was playing d and d today too

I missed svs claiming other than just saying she was a civ which I mean people can say whatever they want when role claiming

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 pm Or, sloonei's bad and has orchestrated this whole thing :shifty:
Which part are you saying sloonei is orchestrating? I mean I could maybe see him doing that since hes so vocal about what everyone does.
~Darren Shan~
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Just from this post, gut-read is SVS is town. But I could be very wrong.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:27 am
G-Man wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:43 pm Who's supposed to get lynched this time?
Mad money is on S~V~S and DDL.

CBob was one of the ones I was considering as baddie-possible. The lack of a flip doesn’t help but I no longer have to worry about him, which is nice.
No, YOUR money is on SVS. You had a gut feel day one, and you have been trying to make the facts fit your narrative ever since. Like that crack yesterday,
G-Man wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:50 pm Mama Bear and Puff the Magic Dragon, splitting their votes up again? How convenient.

Sorry- no time for details before the deadline. I’ll elaborate in a little bit.
Did you ever elaborate? You keep making these little digs, and then not backing it up.

I am sure other people have split votes, I did not pay alot of attention to the vote analysis (I think they are useless without vote order, especially with changeable votes) but you pulled out me and the other person you suspect and found a way to tie us together. You could be right about DDL, but you are wrong-o about me.

I don't like to role claim (I didn't start vanilla, but I essentially am vanilla now) but I will if I must.

FWIW, I agree with you about Bob. He was hiding behind that schtick.

Today, reading DDL, Chuck and rereading Nutella again, I am having issues getting past both Epi and Mac dying (especially given Epis role)
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

why did sabie vote for speedchuck yesterday instead of joining a side on the me vs. DDL lynch?

[mention]sabie12[/mention]
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Actually, nvm about sabie. I guarantee there is more scum than just DDL in this list below:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm Let's try this again
Poll ended at Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

Dragon D. Luffy
27%
Voters: Kylemii, reywaS, sabie12, nutella
G-Man
No votes
Voters: None
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
nutella
No votes
reywaS
33%
Voters: speedchuck, Dragon D. Luffy, Sloonei, Lunalee, S~V~S
S~V~S
7%
Voters: G-Man
sabie12
No votes
Sloonei
No votes
speedchuck
No votes
Whoever put extra cheese on my pizza just now when I asked for light cheese, fuck (host/dead/non)
33%
Voters: juliets, Epignosis, sprityo, colonialbob, JaggedJimmyJay
Total votes: 15
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I can see svs being bad and I could see her and Luna being teammates. I know that was a suspicion earlier and is still a possibility. At this point if we are moving towards an svs lynch I'll go along with it. If that's the only option. We don't have a lot of time left and I'm about to go to the store.

Luna still trying to make me look bad to take suspicion off of herself. I've explained why I thought speed was bad and then I didnt get an opportunity to come back and change votes. Sorry I wasnt around to participate in the Luna vs ddl debate. Maybe there isn't really a debate because they're both bad? I don't know
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Socky Threads”