Popcorn munchers (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 8
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by novaselinenever »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 am The civilian play would require an incentive for the change. Mac hasn't given me such a thing.

Nice of you to also ignore that it is very civilian to not change one's mind and tunnel. There's nothing inherently scummy about believing your own reads, and I'd have thought a proud fellow such as yourself would know.

Do you have anything else beside "a civilian can change his mind" regarding your Colin read? I've asked you several times about the motives and reasonings, and you're just singing this gospel. It's also a baddie play to keep changing their reads, like of consistency, ya know.
EBWOP -

lack of*
novaselinenever
Hitman

I've been inviting you to change my mind. Ain't my fault you're not taking me up not it. I ain't even mad, and I don't care if I'm wrong. I want to win not fulfill any ego.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 am The civilian play would require an incentive for the change. Mac hasn't given me such a thing.

Nice of you to also ignore that it is very civilian to not change one's mind and tunnel. There's nothing inherently scummy about believing your own reads, and I'd have thought a proud fellow such as yourself would know.

Do you have anything else beside "a civilian can change his mind" regarding your Colin read? I've asked you several times about the motives and reasonings, and you're just singing this gospel. It's also a baddie play to keep changing their reads, like of consistency, ya know.
This is obviously the thing that's up for debate. So you are hanging your hat and your entire alignment on that sentence yeah? It sounds like it.

So the question to everyone else is do you believe that I have not demonstrated anything in my game that looks like civ play or civ Mac at any stage? Is it possible that a civilian could formulate such a read on me based on what I have demonstrated? Because he is saying that I have not and that he has. Is there a single player who has not seen a civilian Mac here?

I am quite certain that he is caught scum.

Anyway your points. Civs can tunnel. Civs tunnel when they have a reason to. When they get fixed on something. You latched on to me from early in the game based on nothing and then insisted upon the read.

I initially tone read Colin good. Then I changed my mind because everyone else looked better and he was spending a lot of time apathetically batting away things rather than actually playing the game. Then I changed my mind again, then I changed it again. Also it's day one and I don't have the benefit of knowing his role so you know, sadly I don't know what his alignment is and was trying to force the play a bit.

"Baddies" show inconsistency across days, you catch bads demonstrating shifts in their position over days, demonstrating that they have no actual motive to identify bad guys and that instead their intent is to just look like they are. Me changing my position on Colin several times in a single day demonstrates an intent to figure him the fuck out.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am

This is obviously the thing that's up for debate. So you are hanging your hat and your entire alignment on that sentence yeah? It sounds like it.

So the question to everyone else is do you believe that I have not demonstrated anything in my game that looks like civ play or civ Mac at any stage? Is it possible that a civilian could formulate such a read on me based on what I have demonstrated? Because he is saying that I have not and that he has. Is there a single player who has not seen a civilian Mac here?

Anyway your points. Civs can tunnel. Civs tunnel when they have a reason to. When they get fixed on something. You latched on to me from early in the game based on nothing and then insisted upon the read.

I initially tone read Colin good. Then I changed my mind because everyone else looked better and he was spending a lot of time apathetically batting away things rather than actually playing the game. Then I changed my mind again, then I changed it again. Also it's day one and I don't have the benefit of knowing his role so you know, sadly I don't know what his alignment is and was trying to force the play a bit.

"Baddies" show inconsistency across days, you catch bads demonstrating shifts in their position over days, demonstrating that they have no actual motive to identify bad guys and that instead their intent is to just look like they are. Me changing my position on Colin several times in a single day demonstrates an intent to figure him the fuck out.
Size it up. Yes, I'm hanging my hat there.

Sadly you haven't. Your hot takes are as bland as they come. Civ Mac usually latches up into one of them and ride it with conviction, he doesn't keep flailing around and go "everyone looks civ". You have had absolutely no conviction, and there is nothing underneath your hot takes.

Do not yada yada yada your changes. I'd like to hear why you changed it at each point 'cause some of the changes came back to back with Colin not posting or posting very little between them.

"Baddies" also show inconsistency across singular phases and a lack of conviction. Ya know to keep their options open for changes, cover their tracks and distance themselves from the repercussion of lynches.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Funny that your first conviction of a scum read is me. I'm shocked.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am I am quite certain that he is caught scum.
Hilarious.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Count your lucky stars, Mac. I'm having to go off for the day :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

Good morning, and in case I don't see y'all, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I just spent an entire night not sleeping so I might be insane right now, but I think you’re both town.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 pm Hey what the heck juliets thinks I'm bad u guise
I only arrived at that in my GTH because I went through everyone else using POE and you and MP were left. If I had been able to say "I'm not sure yet" that would have been my stance but the GTH exercise forces me to chose between good nd bad. So, in short, I just don't know about you yet. Gossip Girl has ended now and I see you were good there and you're playing here a lot like you did there so that's a good sign.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:57 pm Okay, I read day zero and I want to post some thoughts before I forget them, and then move on to reading Day 1:
ColinIsCool - Nothing of substance. I don't love the aloofness.
dunya - Seems supatown to me. Good, aggressive behavior trying to smoke out baddies. I like.
juliets - The exchange with Mac where he demands she throw out reads and she refuses is interesting. Could go a number of ways, but I'm inclined to read it civ on civ.
Lunalee - Sucking up a little to Dunya, but then again, I can see why.
MacDougall - See juliets.
Mongoose - Her tone seems a little different than what I'm used to. Bears watching.
novaselinenever - I was pinged by her post expressing frustration over not having won in a while. Could be the result of being given a baddie role and feeling outnumbered.
Sloonei - Active posting, good hunting. Leaning town.
I'm really interested in your reads llama especially the Mongoose read. The reason I'm reading her as good is she had the chunk of time where she didn't show up to the game at all. It's hard for me to believe she forgot about the game AND btsc. Otherwise she seems like her normal self to me, slow to condemn and very, very busy. I'll monitor your read on her though carefully. (For those who don't know Mongoose and llama know each other well and for many, many years. Come to Discord sometime and you too can know more about your fellow players!).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 0]

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:07 pm juliets posts:
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:14 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
Do you blame me after the raucous first day I had in Gossip Girl? That was brutalizing.
You got a read on dunya or nova?
Not yet, but I will amend when I do. I've played with them recently, so I could see a cabal thinking "Let's put a little pressure on Mongoose - she will get defensive and act weird and then we can vote her out early." I could also see them just desperate to grab onto any inkling of a ping on Day 0/Day 1 like we all are.

linki - Calibrating my playstyle to more suit this new world of mafia seems not only sensible but prudent. I'd expect anyone to do the same after playing one short game and literally one day period of another. My old style, which you would be unfamiliar with, seems a little antiquated for this new mafia landscape. It's more different than I could have ever realized.
Mongoose, don't feel like you have to change. As dunia said, everybody's style is different. I can't name people on day 0 who look bad or good after one post like Jay, dunia and Mac can do - no way. Be your normal wonderful self.
Mongoose don't need to change
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 am hottake: juliets is bad :p
I love hot takes. Tell me more
she has made a total of 3 posts in between a lot of us already talking about other players as we always do. 3 of those posts had nothing to do with the game content. one was a typical juliets checkin, the second was comforting mongoose's playstyle in the same way i did (and a direct mention to how dunya/sloonei were making reads), and the last is to tell us about her schedule. she was online yesterday and today and that is all she managed to offer. i feel like this is in direct contrast with her usual day 0 conduct where she digs in and asks people for elaborations or some such. and her post to mongoose makes it clear she was up to speed with the game progress...and i know juliets, she reads every post in the game she's in.

at least i don't feel jules/mongoose would be w/w based on her second post directed towards mongoose.

with all that said, i'd sooner lynch myself day 1 than lynch juliets. so let's find her teammate!
I'm not sure what there is to dig in on. The people who normally throw out names for no reason early on in the game are doing so. I've given up asking Mac for reasons when he does this early game. Also, it's Day 0 - in my mind the game hasn't even started yet. I was online yesterday but I was mostly in discord and I was only online this morning for a very brief time before I went to work. Anyway, now that I'm home I'll look back and see if there's anything making me suspicious or convincing me this early that someone is town. Also, I am civ.
Mac's neutrality stands out in a sea of null.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
tell me why you have gathered i'm town
dunya, your town is shining so brightly it hurts. Mostly the way you suspected juliets for her posts. I wouldn't have necessarily noticed anything about her, but you did and said something about it.
So if I'm civ, do you still have a civ read on dunya?
light grilling for luna
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:18 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:11 pm
I assume that if I give any reads you’ll all just tell me that I look like some sort of bird, or that I have nothing to contribute, and that I should just give up trying.
This is a mafia
I don't like this :workit:
What about it? Mac saying "this is mafia?" or Sloonei preemptively giving up?
Mac's. I don't buy what he's selling, and it reads more like him trying to throw a hot take out there and emulate supatown mac rather than being genuinely pinged. It's his only post, and it's the only thing he commented on even though there were stuff before it :workit:
In all the most recent games I've played with Mac he has thrown out names from the beginning that he says are bad or sometimes good. Why does this particular instance look like he's "emulating supatown" instead of being supatown. I just don't see the difference in this game and the others.
Meta defense of Mac.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:24 pm So Sloonei, I'm not sure I understand some things in your post. You give MP credit for not having been here yet give me no credit for not having been here since early this morning. I saw some things worth commenting on this afternoon and so I did. So he gets a C for one post and I get a D?

I agree with you on some others. Colin for example speed and Mongoose. Mac I don't give an F at this point because I haven't seen him do anything that he doesn't do when he's civ. dunya I'm not sure about, you make the point she throws out reads whether she is good or bad so I really can't tell yet.
Supports suspicion against colin and speedchuck. Supports neutrality on Mongoose.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:24 pm So Sloonei, I'm not sure I understand some things in your post. You give MP credit for not having been here yet give me no credit for not having been here since early this morning. I saw some things worth commenting on this afternoon and so I did. So he gets a C for one post and I get a D?

I agree with you on some others. Colin for example speed and Mongoose. Mac I don't give an F at this point because I haven't seen him do anything that he doesn't do when he's civ. dunya I'm not sure about, you make the point she throws out reads whether she is good or bad so I really can't tell yet.
I don't give MP credit for his absence, I just don't discredit him either. He hasn't played in forever because he's been too busy. That he's only made one post on Day 0 does not alarm me. Like dunya said, you were in the thread for an extended period of relative activity, but you did not jump in at the time.

I was mostly being cheeky with Mac's F because he went after me. But you've defended him twice now because you "haven't seem him do anything that he doesn't do as civ." Do you read him as civ here, then?
Where do you get the impression I was in the thread for an extended period of time? The window is always open on my computer.

I don't read Mac right now. I need to see more. My point is he throws out names at the beginning of every game regardless of alignment.
Soft defense of Mac.
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:29 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm i think you're an excellent mafia player, easy to town read and very good intuition and your line of questioning always takes you good places. you'd never be an easy mark for scum dunya to get mislynched, trust me on that.
ok thanks, I feel better about your questioning me, that it comes from a real place.
dunya feels good
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm speedchuck and colin have given me 0 reasons to town read them. discuss.
One thing I remember about speed is he doesn't post very much on the weekends because he is usually very busy. But I agree I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's civ yet. Same for Colin. Hopefully they show up soon.
pokes colin and speedchuck
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:09 pm You guys just go ahead and vote for me. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm fine dying on night 1 again.
Day 1 started a little over 3 hours ago. We’re all just throwing crap at the walls. Join us.
I think Colin or speed or maybe both are bad. Colin was here but didn't make posts to further the game. I gave speed a bye for not posting much yesterday but he's had plenty of time today. For the time being I'll put my vote on Colin since he's actually been here more than speed.
Colin and/or speedchuck are bad
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 am I need to start identifying town so I can work my POE. Right now my strongest town read is Sloonei. I liked his post where he gave everyone grades, shows he is approaching the game analytically, and I like the post where he asked everyone to get moving and vote. Voting early is not really my style but he convinced me it was the right thing to do. I won't be putting a vote on Sloonei today unless something big happens to convince me he is bad.
Sloonei is emphatically town.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 am I'm not as comfortable voting Colin now so I'm moving my vote to speedchuck. He was online here yesterday but didn't post which makes me antsy.
Colin's status has improved so she votes for speedchuck.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 am Oh wow speed asked for a replacement. So I'm moving my vote to placeholder.
:shrug:
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm (Town pile)
dunya
Mac
Mongoose
Sloonei

That leaves:
Colin
speed
Luna*
MP
Nova
that I'm not ready to rule out yet.

* Luna always looks bad to me. I have to find better ways to differentiate bad Luna from good Luna, but since I can't rule her out at this point she stays in my POE.

Mechanics question: can someone help me on how to read the matrix? Am I looking at A, B, or C as the possibilities or 1, 2, or 3?
dunya, mac, mongoose, and sloonei are town.
Colin, speedchuck, luna, MP, & nova are suspects. Luna has a caveat.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm Why is nova a suspect?
I didn't like his post about Mac "emulating" supatown Mac and his explanation didn't hold water for me. I also don't know what he's talking about re: my behavior in World Asunder. I was asking questions early on in that game, nothing anyone said changed my behavior. I also didn't like this post:
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
Mongoose's comment "Third time's the charm" sounds just like something she would say. It's talking about her history here since she's been back. I don't think it's a bad look at all and it seems like he's nitpicking.

So, all that keep him in my POE for now.
Elaboration of nova scum read and mongoose town read.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm I was the first one to draw a connection between your behavior here and your behavior in A World Asunder. Why is it a bad look for nova but not a bad look for me?
I looked again at your ISO and found it and you're right it's a bad look for both of you. But, there are posts of yours that I pointed out that I like whereas there is nothing he has said that makes me thing "hmm, town". So, he remains in one pile and you remain in the other.

linki: my posts are safe? I do think you are tunneling dunya
Drops a singular bad look on sloonei before reaffirming a town read on him.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:02 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:09 pm You guys just go ahead and vote for me. Just don't say I didn't warn you. I'm fine dying on night 1 again.
Day 1 started a little over 3 hours ago. We’re all just throwing crap at the walls. Join us.
I think Colin or speed or maybe both are bad. Colin was here but didn't make posts to further the game. I gave speed a bye for not posting much yesterday but he's had plenty of time today. For the time being I'll put my vote on Colin since he's actually been here more than speed.
do you attribute low posting for scum behavior?
I played in or co-hosted several games in a row where low posters were scum and got away with it so I am certainly sensitized to it. In some cases though, like MP who usually posts a lot regardless of alignment, I attribute the low posting to rl reasons. Mongoose is another example, I knew from discord she was crazy busy so didn't suspect her for low posting. Mac is another example - his employee quit and the work got dumped on him. So it really depends on the person and the circumstances.
Mongoose, MP, and Mac are all excused. juliets likes the letter M.
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:30 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:08 pm checking all his "recent games" is a mammoth of a commitment. i didn't mean it literally.

but after i refreshed myself on how he conducts himself, i feel i'm leaning more town tbh.
so yeah you're right, in Community he only had 3 pages of posts for 5 days - he lasted till the end. I'll look at one more game just to make sure but if it lines up like Community I will likely not vote for him.

@sprityo welcome to the game! I can tell you from experience the thread reads quickly - I've read it twice just this evening - so I'm hoping you will be able to contribute soon.
Returns to a position of not wanting to lynch Colin.
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:19 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:38 pm juliets: how do you feel about colin?
After looking at him in Community and Asunder (he only had 4 pages for 7 days) I'm inclined to heed your point and not vote him today.
Reaffirms her Colin stance.
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:58 pm welcome to the game, sprityo. dig in.
I’m the trash man

I get in the ring and throw a garbage can

And then I EAT the Garbage
This is your entry into the thread when we are approaching a EOD today? You're going to have to do better.
sprityo needs to do better.
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 am I will be at work today until late this afternoon. I put a vote on sprityo because I don't like the way he entered the thread and speed before him didn't do anything.

If you are considering voting for me because you think this is my baddie meta I beg you to go look at a game where I was civ. My behavior in Asunder was my civ behavior because I was hunting another team. You will see in other games that I question and prod and ask opinions because as I said earlier, that's the way I assimilate the game as well as hunt. I don't always do something right away in the thread with the information I glean but every answer I get informs my opinions and next steps. This is just the way I play.

Ok I'm off for the day. I should be back before EOD but I won't have much time.
A vote for sprityo.
juliets wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:16 pm GTH -

dunya - good
Sloonei - good
nova - good
colin - good
Luna - good
Mongoose - good

MP - bad - I did everyone else and was left with MP and Mac - where did I go wrong?
Mac - bad - dunya talk to me, I was left with Mac and MP after I did everyone else
Now Mac and MP are the two baddies.
The late development in the GTH reads is interesting. I'd like juliets to talk more about what prompted those two reads specifically.
I'm also curious about the development of her read on Colin. She went from suspecting him, to not suspecting and then back without really talking about him at all. Then she cleared him on the basis of another game. I'm not sure what exactly juliets thinks about Colin.
Sloonei I think I've answered your first question in other posts but in case you didn't see it, I approached my GTH by going through my strongest civ reads and at the end I was left with MP and Mac. But since that time I saw that Gossip Girl ended and Mac was civ in that game. His game here is a lot like that game. Had I not been doing GTH and instead just saying what I thought I would have said "Haven't decided yet" for Mac, and now after Gossip Girl I'm starting to lean town. MP was also leftover after I did my stronger town reads. We're not allowed to talk about him being replaced but I will say that llama's performance so far doesn't lead me to suspect him.

With Colin I was first pinged by the fact that he posted a few posts but didn't seem to be contributing. dunya asked me (or maybe she asked everyone) to look at some of Colin's games where he was civ so I looked at Community and Asunder. His posting there was similar to here so I changed my read to good. I haven't changed my read back to bad since then so if I implied that somewhere I apologize.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 am

Size it up. Yes, I'm hanging my hat there.

Sadly you haven't. Your hot takes are as bland as they come. Civ Mac usually latches up into one of them and ride it with conviction, he doesn't keep flailing around and go "everyone looks civ". You have had absolutely no conviction, and there is nothing underneath your hot takes.

Do not yada yada yada your changes. I'd like to hear why you changed it at each point 'cause some of the changes came back to back with Colin not posting or posting very little between them.

"Baddies" also show inconsistency across singular phases and a lack of conviction. Ya know to keep their options open for changes, cover their tracks and distance themselves from the repercussion of lynches.
I don't have to justify why I change my mind on things dickbutt
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

^ Nova
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

1. The thread cracked me up today

2. Woke up to a work emergency so I’ll do the best I can

3. I realized I have not been using Mac’s preferred personal pronouns and I am horrified. Using someone’s preferred pronouns is very important to me, so I wanted the thread to know I wasn’t using the wrong ones on purpose (I hate it when people do that, I find it cruel), I just didn’t notice Mac had others listed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i absolutely hate the narrative nova is trying to push in "i threw shade at mongoose" in his second post on day 0 as rationale on why he scum reads her. it's a lie.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by dunya »

Not a good look madam
nova's second post in the game.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am did mongoose forget this game was going on? :o

and did mp disappear into the voids of the earth again?

is speedchuck going to be replaced before eod?

stay tuned and all this and more will probably never be answered.
Demotivating us? Not a good look.
nova later threw this BS at me and i responded, to which he tried to downplay as a joke and now says that the entire thing with me was a joke since the start, but the first one (directed at mongoose) was totally NOT a joke.

i ask the thread is: do you see that one is clearly a joke, and one clearly isn't by reading these posts alone?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:13 am

Not a good look madam
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am did mongoose forget this game was going on? :o

nova later threw this BS at me and i responded, to which he tried to downplay as a joke and now says that the entire thing with me was a joke since the start, but the first one (directed at mongoose) was totally NOT a joke.

i ask the thread is: do you see that one is clearly a joke, and one clearly isn't by reading these posts alone?
I don't see the difference and read them both as serious when posted.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nova has echoed reads people have had on other players, to appear like he has "well-rounded" suspicions, but all he's done is try to get mac lynched because it doesn't sound like "civ mac" and i have no idea what nova thinks civ-mac sounds like in the first place. weak.

nova bad. lynch immediately.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm Hi! I'm nova and I'm tired of losing
nova's first post and alleged "town slip" -- clear sarcasm, he had literally JUST won community as scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm Hi! I'm nova and I'm tired of losing
This post is why I town read nova. He just won in Community as scum like three days ago. With that in mind, I think this post looks like a genuine statement of his recent dissatisfaction with town performances, and his eagerness to turn that around right here.
apart from the peter game, is nova even in the losing town streak?
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 am

Not a good look madam

One is followed by this pun dog,
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am

have i demotivated you?
Completely. I can't keep playing knowing those questions will probably never be answered
The other is followed by this,
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 pm no but seriously, i really did feel mongoose's entry was a little more stiff than her previous two.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am Really liked her Mongoose stuff early on, and the later's response read to me like some appeal to emotions lol. I'm not sure I have the heart to go through with a lynch on her though, I'd feel really bad especially with her post about contemplating changing her play style.

I'm soft like that.
Do you spot the joke one, and the one that has more to it and reads serious?
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 am
nova's first post and alleged "town slip" -- clear sarcasm, he had literally JUST won community as scum.
That'd be pretty distasteful.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm
This post is why I town read nova. He just won in Community as scum like three days ago. With that in mind, I think this post looks like a genuine statement of his recent dissatisfaction with town performances, and his eagerness to turn that around right here.
apart from the peter game, is nova even in the losing town streak?
Sockys Mafia, and games outside TS :)
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:15 am nova has echoed reads people have had on other players, to appear like he has "well-rounded" suspicions, but all he's done is try to get mac lynched because it doesn't sound like "civ mac" and i have no idea what nova thinks civ-mac sounds like in the first place. weak.

nova bad. lynch immediately.
Nova ain't getting lynched. Deal with it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Nova is good.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Thank god, I didn't go too far away. The damage that could have happened with dunya out for my blood, pheewww
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 am
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 am

Not a good look madam

One is followed by this pun dog,
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am

have i demotivated you?
Completely. I can't keep playing knowing those questions will probably never be answered
The other is followed by this,
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:21 am Really liked her Mongoose stuff early on, and the later's response read to me like some appeal to emotions lol. I'm not sure I have the heart to go through with a lynch on her though, I'd feel really bad especially with her post about contemplating changing her play style.

I'm soft like that.
Do you spot the joke one, and the one that has more to it and reads serious?
huh, I never saw a dog. I'll go back and look at it. Are you saying that dog means "pun"? (I'm terrible at memes.).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:21 am
nah. sending mac nudes would be distasteful though. :grin: (pls do it)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nova saw an opportunity to not get on my bad side, and instead get on my good side. i'm crazy active. would you rather try to befriend the crazy active person, or the reserved quiet person who forgot about the game?
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am
I'm going shopping for a grey trench coat, and long hat to honor his fanart of me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am
dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am
I'm going shopping for a grey trench coat, and long hat to honor his fanart of me.
i look forward to receiving pics too :biggrin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i still want to know: what does CIV MAC look like if he were playing, nova?
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am nova saw an opportunity to not get on my bad side, and instead get on my good side. i'm crazy active. would you rather try to befriend the crazy active person, or the reserved quiet person who forgot about the game?
I never buddy so please don't try that crap with me. Last time someone accused me budying a crazy active player (JJJ in Stockhead), they got lynched D1 and D2 flipping bad ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:27 am
dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 am nova saw an opportunity to not get on my bad side, and instead get on my good side. i'm crazy active. would you rather try to befriend the crazy active person, or the reserved quiet person who forgot about the game?
I never buddy so please don't try that crap with me. Last time someone accused me budying a crazy active player (JJJ in Stockhead), they got lynched D1 and D2 flipping bad ;)
is that an accusation? :dark:

cos if you got something to say, i'd say it LOUD and CLEAR and not shy away.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am i still want to know: what does CIV MAC look like if he were playing, nova?
Convictions behind some of his hot takes, and pushing them around. Civ Mac is full of himself, and proud like that.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am

I'm just making an observation. Feeling guilty? :grin:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I see the dog now, it was in a spoiler that I didn't even notice.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am
dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 am i still want to know: what does CIV MAC look like if he were playing, nova?
Convictions behind some of his hot takes, and pushing them around. Civ Mac is full of himself, and proud like that.
examples of this? you're saying it like it's an undisputed truth, but i don't at all agree with you and i've been playing with mac for years. if anything, his arrogance comes out full force when he's bad imo. cos he's sneaky bad.

mac makes loads of bad reads when he's town, and sometimes he nails all the baddies on day 0 (mac you won Jay for a siggy spot on GG day 0 gut reads). but even when he nails all the baddies on day 0, he will spend the rest of the game going back and forth. that's civ mac. scum mac targets, his targets are way more pointed.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 am

i just have a very adverse reaction to people who blow hot air without doing any actual legwork and pushing something. ;)
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am going to try to read at least 2 pages an hour until I get out of work. :charlieblackmon:
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 am
examples of this? you're saying it like it's an undisputed truth, but i don't at all agree with you and i've been playing with mac for years. if anything, his arrogance comes out full force when he's bad imo. cos he's sneaky bad.

mac makes loads of bad reads when he's town, and sometimes he nails all the baddies on day 0 (mac you won Jay for a siggy spot on GG day 0 gut reads). but even when he nails all the baddies on day 0, he will spend the rest of the game going back and forth. that's civ mac. scum mac targets, his targets are way more pointed.
Take community for example. He threw a bunch of reads but there was conviction behind them and followed a few. He was on bob's ass all D1 lol. And when he changed them it read natural 'cause there was a reason for it. Buffy scum!mac would argue otherwise, so would Ass class. His targets weren't more pointed, nor did he have the conviction of his civ self.

Bad reads =/= conviction and following one's reads.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 am
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 am

i just have a very adverse reaction to people who blow hot air without doing any actual legwork and pushing something. ;)
I'm a man of my word. I promised a re-read and a rework of that gth. Haven't got around to it.

Who knows what might happen.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:22 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:36 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:21 pm Glad to be playing with you all again! :yay:
MP a civ
Why?
something authentic about his excitement to be playing with us again. i feel like drawing a scum role after a long hiatus wouldn't be something that made MP especially happy.
I think that was Generic MP Introduction v.1.0. It tells me nothing about his alignment.
Agree
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:13 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:58 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:37 pm
3rd time mafia?

speedchuck/ mongoose maf team.
Third time in the recent past. And I was civ in the other two recent games, let the record reflect.
i know. so probability of rolling mafia is more likely than 3 civ roles in a row, no?
Not true? Not sure what dunya is doing at the start here tbh
Nova just won as scum, so if he means “as civ” then I guess I buy that.
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:09 am anything, juliets will always find something to dig into. "why are you town reading sloonei dunya? i must have missed it" "is there any other reasons why you think mongoose is bad?" "sloonei can you tell me why you think dunya is bad?" you get the idea.
I’m not sure I buy this explanation from dunya. The first page is really just people posturing and poking for the sake of getting something moving, but not everybody likes to do that. I know I don’t.
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm So I've gathered that dunya is town. That's always a plus.
tell me why you have gathered i'm town
dunya, your town is shining so brightly it hurts. Mostly the way you suspected juliets for her posts. I wouldn't have necessarily noticed anything about her, but you did and said something about it.
Pretty early for proclamations like “so town it hurts” ain’t it?

That is the first 2 pages. 1/8!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

You can respond to anything I raise or fight me if you like but I won’t be responding until I’m caught up.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:11 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm I'm adding nova to my town list:
dunya
novaselinenever
Updated town reads:
dunya
novaselinenever
Sloonei
juliets

Still a bit hesitant about voting Colin. He does look bad if you look at Sloonei's post analysis of him, but also I'm bad at reading Colin and literally just mis-lynched him in another game.

I'm between staying on Colin and switching to Mongoose. I want to trust dunya's hunch there.
What are your own original thoughts about Mongoose?
Mongoose has mostly defended herself, and given reads when asked. When she does provide her own thoughts, there is no real conclusion on if anyone is good or bad. Actually going through her ISO, I have yet to see her suspect anyone. She tends to defend rather than suspect. That can be a scum trait. I know because I've done it. I feel really bad suspecting anyone when I'm scum, so it's difficult to do.

linki: also dunya
Luna, there has been a lot more Mongoose behavior since you posted this read and voted for her. Has your view changed at all?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm somewhat concerned that we haven't seen Luna since mid-day yesterday.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

in no specific order, this is my town pile
dunya
juliets
Sloonei
MacDougall
llama (mp7)

in no specific order, this my scum pile
ColinIsCool - i see he's catching up. he hasn't done anything beyond act so scummy he can't be scummy and that's not good reasoning to town read someone. he stays till i see what he comes up with.
Lunalee - i still think her read of me was not genuine, despite how sloonei felt about it. i would lynch her the most if i was lynching today.
novaselinenever - i have concerns with how serious he is about his mac read. as much as i'm giving nova shit, i like his responses to me today. i'm going to wait to see what he comes up with in his reread.
Mongoose - llama's take on her solidifies my earlier suspicions, tbh. he's as unbiased as it gets and he noticed something amiss in her posts so i wasn't delusional.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

p.s. don't call a list of good and bad players GTH. that ain't GTH. that's a damn list of players you think are good and bad.

GTH is when it happens spontaneously and everyone does it on the spot without having time to mull over their decisions or do any "planning".
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am p.s. don't call a list of good and bad players GTH. that ain't GTH. that's a damn list of players you think are good and bad.

GTH is when it happens spontaneously and everyone does it on the spot without having time to mull over their decisions or do any "planning".
Oh! then I did that all wrong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”