JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day2] Despair Rising

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 pm Is there incentive for a granny to counterclaim jack?
No, I don't think it would be wise for the granny to claim. Which makes me doubt Jack's claim. If someone claims to be granny, it would make scum hesitant to visit them lest they die. If granny does not claim but instead antagonizes the thread, "fishing" to be visited by scum, they then might get a kill.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm still think someone needs to bit the bullet and shoot jack. I just really don't buy his granny claim.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:05 pm I considered taking jack off, but I don't know if i completely buy his claim.
You considered removing Jack from your POE. Therefore you are not the granny. I had wondered briefly. With that said then, why do you continue to feature Jack as a candidate?

Whatever you perceive the logic to be, nobody else has challenged his claim. Everyone has been around to see it and comment on it short of Audrey. Is she the granny?

Moreover, the reasoning you present can be reversed: if the granny does claim, it prevents civilians from foolishly visiting.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 159

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:44 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm If you were lucky enough to have a gun right now, who would you shoot?
I don't, so I haven't been thinking about it. And I wouldn't just shoot like that. I would make people beg on their hands and knees not to be shot.

I'd probably start with you and nova, see how you guys crack when the tables are turned.

:P If I was shoot the person who should be shot, it would probably be Quin. For the same reason I lynched DDL yesterday.
Why did you lynch DDL?
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:08 pm For the record, I'm voting DDL because I don't see town in his posts, I don't see much engagement in his posts, and he wouldn't even be fun to shoot. That's my ideal D1 lynch.

Mac would be fun to shoot. Dunya too, as well as, Jack, Nutella, Pou, Sloon, Jay, and maybe Quin. (This is not a salad, as these are not scumreads. They are just people that have been discussed and might be fun to point a gun at.)

'Course I still have to get a gun, and not get shot first. But if everything falls into place, I can wave it around like a madman and THEN get shot.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck. My good Syndikat friend, speedchuck. May we have a word?

I keep losing, speedchuck. I play hard, I generally do well, and I lose. All of the townies alongside me? They lose. There's so much losing.

Are you going to keep that pain alive on purpose? Are you going to goof your way to a mislynch without concern for where it leaves us? Are you going to do that, speedchuck? :why:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:44 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm If you were lucky enough to have a gun right now, who would you shoot?
I don't, so I haven't been thinking about it. And I wouldn't just shoot like that. I would make people beg on their hands and knees not to be shot.

I'd probably start with you and nova, see how you guys crack when the tables are turned.

:P If I was shoot the person who should be shot, it would probably be Quin. For the same reason I lynched DDL yesterday.
Why did you lynch DDL?
speedchuck wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:08 pm For the record, I'm voting DDL because I don't see town in his posts, I don't see much engagement in his posts, and he wouldn't even be fun to shoot. That's my ideal D1 lynch.

Mac would be fun to shoot. Dunya too, as well as, Jack, Nutella, Pou, Sloon, Jay, and maybe Quin. (This is not a salad, as these are not scumreads. They are just people that have been discussed and might be fun to point a gun at.)

'Course I still have to get a gun, and not get shot first. But if everything falls into place, I can wave it around like a madman and THEN get shot.
“I don’t see town in his posts” is about as vague as you can get. That’s second only to “something’s off but I don’t know what.” Substantiate that nonsense. Which posts of Quin’s are lacking in town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:05 pm Nova makes me want to shoot Sloonei before Pou though.
explain this post? what does any of this sequence of words mean?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hi sorry I have been away from the thread for several hours and it's way past my bedtime so I don't have a lot of organized thoughts except speed looks pretty bad
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day1] UNheard of Accusations

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 am Lets beef with nutella

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 pm nutella said “grunk” when I asked her to explain her town reads in epi and nova. It wasn’t the response I was looking for.
your post was literally gibberish shut the fuck up

Exaggerated hostility.

dude you've played with me that's how I react to bullshit. how else do you expect me to react to sloonei criticizing me for not answering something that literally wasn't coherent let alone a question
nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:14 pm
ts account wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:47 pm I always find building town circles and lynching by PoE to be the easiest strategy for me since I typically roll vanilla town and can't rely on PR info to make deductions
when ISOing players I employ confirmation bias and read them as though they are a wolf
occasionally they make a post that does not make sense and they cannot be a wolf, which is cool
sometimes you can't find wolves by behavior alone and you have to find who *could* be a wolf

note that this isn't what I did to find my friends
High five my dude you are an upstanding citizen and a right-minded perceptive bloke

ts account gives some general strategic perspectives, and apparently nutella think's he's gold for it.

:shrug: struck me as a genuine hunting mindset. what's your beef with this?

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:26 pm Sure. The accusation came six minutes after the vote while Jack was catching up, so that may represent Jack justifying the vote by force (while yucking a post that multiple others had already yucked).
LIKE!

this goes for dunya's original post as well, this is just a nice summation of why Jack's vote was sketchy and I hadn't really been considering him suspicious until this was pointed out but this is a great point

Her eagerness in this hop-along doesn't read as entirely genuine to me.

what the hell am I supposed to do to come across as genuine anymore? apparently just posting what's on my mind doesn't cut it, even though that's literally what being genuine is. screw all the way off

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:36 pm i really don't care about this whole lynch deal. can we just start shooting people?
okay you know what forget i ever suspected you

Nor does this.

i changed my mind on dunya that's really it, there's not some huge mystery behind it. i just changed my goddamn mind

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 am The Mafia are Epi, JJJ, Dunya, Jack, Sloonei and Nutella.

Gameset.
Has there ever been a game where all of the mafia were the top posters? I don't think so. This is exposure bias. You are forgetting that there are several low-lying players in this game who could easily have scum role cards and have not had occasion to bare themselves in the open yet. The day 1 thread environment so far has funneled attention onto a few select people, making it a piece of cake for others to slide by unscrutinized.

Mac's barely-serious mafia list didn't warrant a response really, and nutella crammed a bunch of words into a response anyway that amount to "low-posters can be scum too". Duh.

that pushed a specific annoying button for me, it's a thing that comes up game after game and if he was kidding it wasn't clear cause he makes posts like that on d1 every game and the fact that he just included the highest posters really set me off because it's a bias that has messed up too many games for me to let it slide

nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:50 pm Why are people voting for dunya lol

I don't know lol maybe some of the reasons you provided earlier in your post history about how she looked bad lol

no? first of all i thought it was pretty clear by this point that i townread her, second of all i don't think they were the same points lol

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:01 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

speedchuck's recent observation about her in GTH was good. Her salad was against the law.
Speed was incorrect and that was not salad.

Instead of "shut up about salad already", I get "that was not salad". Is that even worth a denial? She fought pretty hard against my salad jabs even as I did little to act on them.

can't even respond to this. the salad argument is so empty, let it go.
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:48 pm Man why the hell are y'all lynching pou
Like I really don't want to lynch Mac now either, but pou really shouldn't be in the lead. What a pathetic poll

"What a pathetic poll" again sounds like overdoing it.

what do you mean overdoing it? have you met me?

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm *nutella completely ignored it not Nova
I haven't ignored it. He hasn't given me anything substantial to respond to though. He pulled a bunch of my quotes and summarized their content and repeatedly called for my lynch but I don't know what his actual gripes with those posts are.

Here you go. :)
k do you have any actual questions for me or did you just decide to forget everything you know about me as a player and pull random quotes to make it look like you have a suspect

I'm beginning to side with mac here, you are not actually hunting. none of this is even a case.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:37 am nutella at EOD1, re: nova:

nutella wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm Nutella is bad.
y
She said "lol" too many times.
:rolleyes:
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:23 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:20 pm There is significantly less time remaining than I thought. @novaselinenever do you have those nutella citations yet?

As things currently stand, I'd vote DDL purely to save Mac. Mac's town. DDL is null at best. I'd prefer either half of Lunachuck.
I'm working on her defense of others citations. Please ISO her. Read on you is Page 1, instances I talked about and read on Jack are on Page 2 and 3 towards the beginning.
What do you mean by my read on jack? My views on him have changed a few times over the course of the game. I currently lean town on him.
nutella wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:32 pm Lynch Nutella yo
You just quoted a random smattering of my posts with no indication of what you think is sus about them

This the extent of nutella's handling of nova around EOD1. Votes were in flux, players were frantic, and nova was a continuous drone through it all:

Lynch nutella

This man was trying his best to murder her forever in a thread environment where it was reasonably plausible, and this is all we get from her on that?
excuse me?? are you hearing yourself???? he was "trying his best" by repeatedly saying "lynch nutella"? with no actual explanation of his reasons?!?!? i'm sorry but this is bullshit. if he had given me literally anything coherent to respond to, i would have. but he didn't. I did exactly as much as i could and should have in this situation. I responded to the things that were even possible to respond to, asked for clarification on what his reasons were, and the day ended. Please find me some other post of his that you think I should have responded to and missed or this point is completely null and void.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nova's case on me: "read nutella's iso or hey at least look at this selection of her posts. look, she's bad! ta da! vote for her!"

I mean what
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that you're looking past the glaring nonexistence of nova's reasons for suspecting me kind of makes me think that you are choosing to look past it. in what universe does jay not see that of course I didn't defend myself because there was literally nothing to defend against?? I didn't think I would tinfoil you this game but mac was right. you are not looking for actual suspects here. you are coasting on the tailwinds of other people's bullshit suspicions, and most likely nova is your teammate
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh wait hmm there was the whole fake gun/vest thing so he's most likely not bad though I want to tinfoil him so hard now. I think there could be a possible scenario that would explain that but I think it would also require pou to be bad? eh seems far-fetched I guess, but jay if you're town i am seriously disappointed in your thought process re: me vs nova
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:05 pm Is there incentive for a granny to counterclaim jack?
No, I don't think it would be wise for the granny to claim. Which makes me doubt Jack's claim. If someone claims to be granny, it would make scum hesitant to visit them lest they die. If granny does not claim but instead antagonizes the thread, "fishing" to be visited by scum, they then might get a kill.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:31 pm still think someone needs to bit the bullet and shoot jack. I just really don't buy his granny claim.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:05 pm I considered taking jack off, but I don't know if i completely buy his claim.
You considered removing Jack from your POE. Therefore you are not the granny. I had wondered briefly. With that said then, why do you continue to feature Jack as a candidate?

Whatever you perceive the logic to be, nobody else has challenged his claim. Everyone has been around to see it and comment on it short of Audrey. Is she the granny?

Moreover, the reasoning you present can be reversed: if the granny does claim, it prevents civilians from foolishly visiting.
once again your thought process is flawed lol. I also thought luna might be soft-countering jack's claim, but why do you think her merely saying she "considered" removing jack discounts that? couldn't she just say that to further distance herself from it?

idk, just spitballing here, but like if luna actually is the granny there would be motive for her not to overtly counterclaim. I don't have particular reason not to think jack is the granny but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that it's luna just because she said this one thing that she could have been exaggerating for the sake of making you think this lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:37 pm He has been on your ass all game?
Nova is the only Long Con suspicion that I can recall, and it has been a few times.
Maybe! I don't have perfect memory. Going out right now.

Linki: nutella shot a bad guy with the gun I gave her.... and I gave it to her because I thought she was very Civ. She spoke Truth.
I gave Nutella a gun too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention]

If Luna is the granny, Jack is confirmed mafia. She isn’t treating him like he’s confirmed mafia. That is way more important than masking oneself as the granny, so I doubt it’s her.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 am excuse me?? are you hearing yourself???? he was "trying his best" by repeatedly saying "lynch nutella"? with no actual explanation of his reasons?!?!? i'm sorry but this is bullshit. if he had given me literally anything coherent to respond to, i would have. but he didn't. I did exactly as much as i could and should have in this situation. I responded to the things that were even possible to respond to, asked for clarification on what his reasons were, and the day ended. Please find me some other post of his that you think I should have responded to and missed or this point is completely null and void.
There you go. Even to this point in the dialogue, your entire perception of how this dynamic is "supposed" to work is focused on "how does nutella defend herself?"

I don't give a shit about you defending yourself. I give a shit about you responding in any capacity that bears some spark of emotion. You handled nova like a frightened puppy. You didn't engage him to discern his motives. What if the guy shouting to lynch you throughout EOD1 was bad? I see no interest from you in attacking that question. Instead, your interest is in whether you should be obligated to respond.

I don't think that's the right mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 am :shrug: struck me as a genuine hunting mindset. what's your beef with this?
What is civilian about sharing some generic strategic preferences? It may be a hunting "mindset", but it isn't a hunt. Anyone can say that shit.
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amwhat the hell am I supposed to do to come across as genuine anymore? apparently just posting what's on my mind doesn't cut it, even though that's literally what being genuine is. screw all the way off
Maybe it was genuine. I don't live inside your brain though and am forced to make that judgment for myself for every single post you generate.
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 ami changed my mind on dunya that's really it, there's not some huge mystery behind it. i just changed my goddamn mind
Did you change your mind about her because she said she didn't care about the lynch and wanted to start shooting people?
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amthat pushed a specific annoying button for me, it's a thing that comes up game after game and if he was kidding it wasn't clear cause he makes posts like that on d1 every game and the fact that he just included the highest posters really set me off because it's a bias that has messed up too many games for me to let it slide
Okay.
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amno? first of all i thought it was pretty clear by this point that i townread her, second of all i don't think they were the same points lol
My point there was that the "lol" gave your post a disingenuous character. Whatever your read on dunya may have been in that moment, you had reasons to at least conceive of why she may draw suspicion.
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amcan't even respond to this. the salad argument is so empty, let it go.
Oh, now you say that. :goofp:
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amwhat do you mean overdoing it? have you met me?
"Everything that I say and do is a direct product of the fact that I am indeed nutella." Such a Jackian mindset. :meany:

I know that sometimes you voice your perspective with harshness or severity. I am then charged with identifying moments that might be a caricature of that tendency and as such suggest deliberate mimicry by you of yourself. Got me?
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amk do you have any actual questions for me or did you just decide to forget everything you know about me as a player and pull random quotes to make it look like you have a suspect
What I did was scan through your posts and share anything I didn't like for any reason. My thoughts don't have to come in the form of "questions" either, so I don't know why that question is here.
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:14 amI'm beginning to side with mac here, you are not actually hunting. none of this is even a case.
Allow me to express for you in the form of human expressive emotion how much I care about that:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:23 am that you're looking past the glaring nonexistence of nova's reasons for suspecting me kind of makes me think that you are choosing to look past it. in what universe does jay not see that of course I didn't defend myself because there was literally nothing to defend against?? I didn't think I would tinfoil you this game but mac was right. you are not looking for actual suspects here. you are coasting on the tailwinds of other people's bullshit suspicions, and most likely nova is your teammate
In what universe does nutella believe the only possible response to someone attacking her is to defend herself?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:26 amme vs nova
Is this a thing? Is it nutella versus nova? That suggests a two-way relationship, which is frankly what I would expect. It's a good summary of why I view this as a concern. Lets review.

All examples of nutella providing any manner of read on novaselinenever

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 am I'm liking both epi and nova so far
nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:53 pm why are nova and epi town?
they had some solid contributions and genuine interactions and overall look like they are making an honest effort to play. I was hesitant to put leetic in this category as well at first but I think he's fine too.
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm Gth read

Nova
Sabie
Town
.... sabie is in this game??
nutella wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:26 pm *nutella completely ignored it not Nova
I haven't ignored it. He hasn't given me anything substantial to respond to though. He pulled a bunch of my quotes and summarized their content and repeatedly called for my lynch but I don't know what his actual gripes with those posts are.
Is he bad?
Could be. I don't remember any meta on whether nova tends to tunnel like this as town, but he's sure not putting in a lot of hunting effort if he is.

The first two posts were quite early in the game. You were cool with him. You remained cool with him during the GTH reads. That is, in a vacuum, fine. You don't state a stance on him again though (unless I missed something) until very recently in response to Mac giving you shit about this. And that is only barely a "read". In that fourth post, you basically absolve nova of any responsibility merely for being unsure about his meta and your memory of it. I mean, what the hell even is that? Who cares about his meta? He "could be" bad, but you have not personally investigated that possibility to any depth whatsoever. That is not what I would expect from nutella.

And it's what would be necessary for this dynamic to be a "me vs nova".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Lunalee »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm I wonder if the person who gave Jay the bunk gun would also be bold enough to urge him to use it in thread. Was anyone other than speedchuck super vocal about jay taking his second shot?
Second shot?
Wait, I thought for a second he made the first shot. My bad. That was nutella.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 am

Because it is really hard for me to trust jack of hearts. I know he's good, and I don't want to get duped by him. But you're right. Him being the granny is probably the most logical option.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I feel like the case on nutella sprung up because she shot leetic. It made people think, "wait town would do that or someone from the other scum team." So nutella is suspected because we can't clear her. Her earlier game hasn't look bad at all though (in my opinion). But she could have been genu-hunting then as either alignment. Ugh.

Jay (who i thought was supposed to be working on a thesis) also made a "beef with nutella" post. It doesn't really make her look worse though (other than maybe the salad thing, but that's debatable). It just sort of looks like nutella.

I would rather lynch someone else today. Nutella looks town-ish.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 484
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:00 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:05 pm Nova makes me want to shoot Sloonei before Pou though.
explain this post? what does any of this sequence of words mean?
Is that any way to speak to your elders?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:40 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:37 pm He has been on your ass all game?
Nova is the only Long Con suspicion that I can recall, and it has been a few times.
Maybe! I don't have perfect memory. Going out right now.

Linki: nutella shot a bad guy with the gun I gave her.... and I gave it to her because I thought she was very Civ. She spoke Truth.
I gave Nutella a gun too.
Can she receive two guns? Maybe you give me a gun and I give you a gun tonight.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:05 pm I considered taking jack off
Sound like some Borat crude phrasing. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:26 am oh wait hmm there was the whole fake gun/vest thing so he's most likely not bad though I want to tinfoil him so hard now. I think there could be a possible scenario that would explain that but I think it would also require pou to be bad? eh seems far-fetched I guess, but jay if you're town i am seriously disappointed in your thought process re: me vs nova
Why couldn't it be this: Jay is bad, the other team gave him a fake gun, Civ pout gave him a vest, he tried to shoot Civ speedchuck.

I kinda like JJJ as a baddie here. Mr. "Tell me who to shoot"... Civs have their own suspicions; baddies want Civs to trust them.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 308

Post by novaselinenever »

The other teams fabricator got lynched D1.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Saboteur? Too soon?
novaselinenever
Hitman

The vest would have been sabotaged as well. It wasn't.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I was sabotaged I’d be dead. The dictators couldn’t have given me a fake gun. I had a fake gun. speedchuck didn’t lose any vest. I didn’t die.

Ergo I am a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and DFaraday are civilians barring the following:

1. Anyone else claims to have given nutella a gun

2. Either of them is a communist with nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

PoE got reduced to 5,

Nutella
Sloonei
Quin
Audrey
Speedchuck
novaselinenever
Hitman

Luna and Mac could have slipped through the cracks but I feel good about them
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]DFaraday[/mention]

Each of you please explain why you chose nutella to receive your guns.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:18 am nova's case on me: "read nutella's iso or hey at least look at this selection of her posts. look, she's bad! ta da! vote for her!"

I mean what
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm Nutella is bad. Has this been discussed?
Off and on, from what I've seen. Feel free to turn it on again.
Would that help save your teammate? :p
We are without a clear leader in the poll right now. I want people to talk about any names that intrigue them. You specifically brought up nutella of all the players in the game. Why?
Hmm I've been catching up isoing players that pinged me during the tid bits of live interactions I've caught throughout the day. Her reason for suspecting you were pretty weak, she was branding you "nervous" a few hours into the day phase and without much votes on you. I don't think she believes scum!sloonei would be nervous. What pinged me earlier was her apparent problems with Pou's wagon and the state of the "pathetic" lynch poll. It reads disingenuous, and she didn't seem to be making any effort to "not lynch Pou" or Mac. There's been other similar instance throughout the phase like her questioning Dunya's voters. She's basically just narrating the direction that takes the lynch poll without doing anything about it. She's safe in everything she does. Her read of Jack is fake. She's fake.
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm @novaselinenever elaborate on what you mean when you say "how he handled" it?
He had me running like a puppy dog chasing quotes and what not from nutella while he was "hmm I could see that" throughout it.
I just wanted a couple posts so I could visualize what you were talking about. By the time you got back with them, other gears were turning and time was scarce.

Do you have any updated things to say about her today?
That's the thing. Felt like you were binding time trying to see how things develop rather than being genuinely interested in the case on nutella, and figuring her out.

Hmm I didn't like how she navigated herself towards a scumread on Pou using others, especially coming back to points made by Dunya the previous day that I don't think she agreed with at the time. Otherwise haven't seen much of her except that she wanted Jay to shoot Jack, gave him a fake gun perhaps? :grin:

what
novaselinenever
Hitman

It broke :pout:
novaselinenever
Hitman

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm Nutella is bad.
y
She said "lol" too many times.
This as well [mention]nutella[/mention] :grin:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Nutella, Sloonei and Quin?

That looks like a possible team
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 am

"Everything that I say and do is a direct product of the fact that I am indeed nutella." Such a Jackian mindset. :meany:

I know that sometimes you voice your perspective with harshness or severity. I am then charged with identifying moments that might be a caricature of that tendency and as such suggest deliberate mimicry by you of yourself. Got me?
no. no. no. absolutely not. I have never done anything of the sort. I don't fake anything, especially tone. I don't even understand the concept of doing that. I post with the mindset that I have when I'm posting. I can't imagine going "oh I better make it look like I have a different mindset here lol" no I post what's on my mind and let the typing flow naturally
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:22 am
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:17 am excuse me?? are you hearing yourself???? he was "trying his best" by repeatedly saying "lynch nutella"? with no actual explanation of his reasons?!?!? i'm sorry but this is bullshit. if he had given me literally anything coherent to respond to, i would have. but he didn't. I did exactly as much as i could and should have in this situation. I responded to the things that were even possible to respond to, asked for clarification on what his reasons were, and the day ended. Please find me some other post of his that you think I should have responded to and missed or this point is completely null and void.
There you go. Even to this point in the dialogue, your entire perception of how this dynamic is "supposed" to work is focused on "how does nutella defend herself?"

I don't give a shit about you defending yourself. I give a shit about you responding in any capacity that bears some spark of emotion. You handled nova like a frightened puppy. You didn't engage him to discern his motives. What if the guy shouting to lynch you throughout EOD1 was bad? I see no interest from you in attacking that question. Instead, your interest is in whether you should be obligated to respond.

I don't think that's the right mindset.
I have addressed that though. I haven't explored it a lot because I haven't had time, but I am considering that he's bad and I brought that up (albeit maybe just in connection to you in that recent post, but I have been wondering about his alignment on an individual basis for a while).
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:26 am no. no. no. absolutely not. I have never done anything of the sort. I don't fake anything, especially tone. I don't even understand the concept of doing that. I post with the mindset that I have when I'm posting. I can't imagine going "oh I better make it look like I have a different mindset here lol" no I post what's on my mind and let the typing flow naturally
What happens when you're a mafioso on a lone team and are incapable of hunting sincerely? That may not entirely apply here, but I am asking anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:48 am
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:26 amme vs nova
Is this a thing? Is it nutella versus nova? That suggests a two-way relationship, which is frankly what I would expect. It's a good summary of why I view this as a concern. Lets review.

All examples of nutella providing any manner of read on novaselinenever

nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 am I'm liking both epi and nova so far
nutella wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:53 pm why are nova and epi town?
they had some solid contributions and genuine interactions and overall look like they are making an honest effort to play. I was hesitant to put leetic in this category as well at first but I think he's fine too.
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm Gth read

Nova
Sabie
Town
.... sabie is in this game??
nutella wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 pm
Is he bad?
Could be. I don't remember any meta on whether nova tends to tunnel like this as town, but he's sure not putting in a lot of hunting effort if he is.

The first two posts were quite early in the game. You were cool with him. You remained cool with him during the GTH reads. That is, in a vacuum, fine. You don't state a stance on him again though (unless I missed something) until very recently in response to Mac giving you shit about this. And that is only barely a "read". In that fourth post, you basically absolve nova of any responsibility merely for being unsure about his meta and your memory of it. I mean, what the hell even is that? Who cares about his meta? He "could be" bad, but you have not personally investigated that possibility to any depth whatsoever. That is not what I would expect from nutella.

And it's what would be necessary for this dynamic to be a "me vs nova".
Well sorry I haven't had time to do much more than consider that he might be bad without further exploration, whatever the hell you mean. Somehow you have time to go pull quotes like this even though you said you shouldn't be playing at all right now. Forgive me if I don't go perusing ISOs when every time I come to the thread you've left four thousand other prods for me to answer to.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 am Well sorry I haven't had time to do much more than consider that he might be bad without further exploration, whatever the hell you mean. Somehow you have time to go pull quotes like this even though you said you shouldn't be playing at all right now. Forgive me if I don't go perusing ISOs when every time I come to the thread you've left four thousand other prods for me to answer to.
Irrelevant snark. I don't need you to peruse ISOs or do whatever else you're shoving in my mouth. It's really quite simple:

I say you look off for having been lenient in your handling of your accuser. You say you didn't have time for anything else. I am now forced to judge the sincerity of that. Being short on time is believable, but you still have 160 posts. Do I think they'd look different re: nova than they do from a civilian nutella? I do think so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:26 am no. no. no. absolutely not. I have never done anything of the sort. I don't fake anything, especially tone. I don't even understand the concept of doing that. I post with the mindset that I have when I'm posting. I can't imagine going "oh I better make it look like I have a different mindset here lol" no I post what's on my mind and let the typing flow naturally
What happens when you're a mafioso on a lone team and are incapable of hunting sincerely? That may not entirely apply here, but I am asking anyway.
Idk man look at any of my scum games. I call out things that I think look suspicious even if I know them to be town or my scum teammate. I guess you could call that faking a read since if I'm bad I would sometimes push for the lynch of someone I knew to be town (though I do love bussing as well). Whatever, I guess I can't entirely say that I never fake anything when bad because obviously those suspicions would have to be fake to some extent, but that's not what I said anyway, I said I don't fake tone.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:18 am nova's case on me: "read nutella's iso or hey at least look at this selection of her posts. look, she's bad! ta da! vote for her!"

I mean what
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 pm Nutella is bad. Has this been discussed?
We are without a clear leader in the poll right now. I want people to talk about any names that intrigue them. You specifically brought up nutella of all the players in the game. Why?
Hmm I've been catching up isoing players that pinged me during the tid bits of live interactions I've caught throughout the day. Her reason for suspecting you were pretty weak, she was branding you "nervous" a few hours into the day phase and without much votes on you. I don't think she believes scum!sloonei would be nervous. What pinged me earlier was her apparent problems with Pou's wagon and the state of the "pathetic" lynch poll. It reads disingenuous, and she didn't seem to be making any effort to "not lynch Pou" or Mac. There's been other similar instance throughout the phase like her questioning Dunya's voters. She's basically just narrating the direction that takes the lynch poll without doing anything about it. She's safe in everything she does. Her read of Jack is fake. She's fake.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:22 pm @novaselinenever elaborate on what you mean when you say "how he handled" it?
He had me running like a puppy dog chasing quotes and what not from nutella while he was "hmm I could see that" throughout it.
I just wanted a couple posts so I could visualize what you were talking about. By the time you got back with them, other gears were turning and time was scarce.

That's the thing. Felt like you were binding time trying to see how things develop rather than being genuinely interested in the case on nutella, and figuring her out.

Hmm I didn't like how she navigated herself towards a scumread on Pou using others, especially coming back to points made by Dunya the previous day that I don't think she agreed with at the time. Otherwise haven't seen much of her except that she wanted Jay to shoot Jack, gave him a fake gun perhaps? :grin:

what
Well I did respond at least to the points in the second post. The progression of my read on pou happened naturally in response to various circumstances.

As for the first quote, dude I absolutely believe scum sloonei would be nervous. I've caught him before. He didn't show his town spark for most of day 1 and he didn't really contribute anything remotely substantial for a while (though apparently he was busy in a different game). I called out the tells of a scum sloonei like I saw them.
I did make an effort to prevent pou from getting lynched. Idk what more you wanted from me there. I kept a close eye on the poll numbers and repeatedly encouraged the thread not to get stuck in the leading wagons and instead consider ddl/quin/etc and I believe I was fairly instrumental around EOD in ensuring ddl was lynched instead of Mac (enough people had moved off of pou by that point that I wasn't worried about her anymore). Idk what you mean by the dunya thing, and how else did I "narrate" the poll and why do you think that's bad? I did what I could when I was around. And my progression on jack was not fake. I scum read him early and then things changed.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], present read on nova?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:35 am
nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 am Well sorry I haven't had time to do much more than consider that he might be bad without further exploration, whatever the hell you mean. Somehow you have time to go pull quotes like this even though you said you shouldn't be playing at all right now. Forgive me if I don't go perusing ISOs when every time I come to the thread you've left four thousand other prods for me to answer to.
Irrelevant snark. I don't need you to peruse ISOs or do whatever else you're shoving in my mouth. It's really quite simple:

I say you look off for having been lenient in your handling of your accuser. You say you didn't have time for anything else. I am now forced to judge the sincerity of that. Being short on time is believable, but you still have 160 posts. Do I think they'd look different re: nova than they do from a civilian nutella? I do think so.
No because they are from a civilian nutella :meany:

What you want me to no u him? Like he's in my POE but I don't really have a case on him just because he suspects me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 pm If you do shoot me, lemme tell you who I gave the gun to first and then go ahead. If you’re serious. Could be meaningful that they haven’t shot it, could not.
Without saying who it is, could you indicate whether you feel this player is a suspect otherwise in the current climate?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Well here you go, have a hot take. Nova is sloonei's scummate.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:18 am

I mean what

what
Well I did respond at least to the points in the second post. The progression of my read on pou happened naturally in response to various circumstances.

As for the first quote, dude I absolutely believe scum sloonei would be nervous. I've caught him before. He didn't show his town spark for most of day 1 and he didn't really contribute anything remotely substantial for a while (though apparently he was busy in a different game). I called out the tells of a scum sloonei like I saw them.

Then if you think you had caught him this game as well, why was there no follow up? There is no apparently, the game he's busy with is the only current game running lol.
I did make an effort to prevent pou from getting lynched. Idk what more you wanted from me there. I kept a close eye on the poll numbers and repeatedly encouraged the thread not to get stuck in the leading wagons and instead consider ddl/quin/etc and I believe I was fairly instrumental around EOD in ensuring ddl was lynched instead of Mac (enough people had moved off of pou by that point that I wasn't worried about her anymore).

If you call calling the poll pathetic while laughing making an effort, I think we have different on the latter. Also what happened with you voting DDL? I recall you reading him as Town in the GTH and wanting to lynch Mac over Pou, how did DDL jump over Mac?

Idk what you mean by the dunya thing, and how else did I "narrate" the poll and why do you think that's bad? I did what I could when I was around. And my progression on jack was not fake. I scum read him early and then things changed.

It's a bad thing because it's a cheap way to make it look like you care, but when you do nothing about it, it shows that you had no interest in seeing a good result for the civilian. What changed in your read of Jack? I recall you saying that you feel better about him while throwing shade on him because he can fake effort. I mean the latter is obvious for anyone that has played with him. It's bland and fake.
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:04 pm Well here you go, have a hot take. Nova is sloonei's scummate.

Return to “Previous Jobs”