Sloonei (Host/dead/non)
45%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 316

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 4]

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 am I guess all I can do now is fucking sit on my hands and wait
Not really. Just keep doing your thing and find the bad guys.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am fine with a lynch on Dragomir or RDW today. I've got them both in my POE.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 552

Post by Luxurious »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 am If you jailed me and my action worked then either you're lying or Sloonberg made a mistake.

I expect Sloonberg to clear it up.
There’s the potential for me being roleblocked but idk which actions go first hence my question to the mod
A roadblock would stop your role but usually you would be told
Idk man I’ve never been told unless it’s alignment checking and I just dont get a result
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:10 am I am fine with a lynch on Dragomir or RDW today. I've got them both in my POE.
At least we can agree on RDW.

I kinda made an assumption about who you checked which is why I was about to go crazy
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 am Maybe alignment checks don't get prevented by jailness in Sloonworld on account of them not being damaging to the recipient.
You’re the cop. I’m the jailer. You bring me the bad guys and I lock them up.

Played a joke on you last night and locked you in jail for the meme of it and then left you in there by accident
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I need to respond to Nutella posts but I’m also running errands atm so like, later?

I just got real excited lol
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 am Maybe alignment checks don't get prevented by jailness in Sloonworld on account of them not being damaging to the recipient.

Played a joke on you last night and locked you in jail for the meme of it and then left you in there by accident
Dang you
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:25 am To come back to this too since you’ve stated you dont read isos which is very mrrrr

Dragomir has openly stated before being pressured to give townreads that he doesnt like stating townreads.

How does this affect your opinion on him after you’ve said that he’s being bold now
I sometimes read ISOs. I'm just not a high-effort read-the-whole-game kind of person. Haven't been for months.

And yeah, that's kinda bad. Having to be pressured to state opinions is bad.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am going to go to bed.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 1]

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 am ok here are some scattered thoughts on speed

so first of all I forgot to include in my drago post the whole thing about speed's "no lynch" gambit/trap and DDL's response to it, since drago did mention that and it caught my eye on first glance particularly as an odd mention of speed from drago, like it was somehow contrived to bolster his DDL suspicion. It would be going pretty far to postulate that the whole thing was a setup planned in scum chat or something, it just felt weird how drago took advantage of the whole thing to put speed in a good light and ddl in a bad one.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 pm Basically I voted you reflexively and now I'm trying to save face.
To add to Jack's above thoughts, DDL could have just voted as a disapproval and then moved on. A vote can be just as throwaway as the original line. But he's panicking, doubling down then retreating, trying to sound justified, etc.

I don't feel like I'm the authority on this, as I'm the one who baited the trap and might be biased, and DDL was the first to respond, but he definitely looks worst at first glance.
I may need to do some research on how often speed sets early traps like this as town. It's not something I associate with him but my memory could be failing me. If he's scum it would be an easy way to set up an early mislynch target.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 am
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:16 pm Alright I'm probably being too harsh. But explain to me why No Lynch is a good idea.
Either own the vote or dont vote bro
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 pm I liked the vote but the comment afterwards just left a sour taste in my mouth
I want to town read this because I agree with it really hard.

Don't really see an issue with the rest of the content in this ISO. Lots of off-topic stuff but that's cool.
put it in my pocket put it in my pocket in my back pocket

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.
ok this is hilariously bad. I think Gemma totally hard-read Speed here.

there are various jokey posts in speed's iso that set me off slightly, maybe I'm too detached from the mood of the thread early on but his humor feels unnatural and not quite what I'd expect from him
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 pm Do you have any scum reads outside of, like, DDL
Haven't read the whole game, probably not going to. Finger of suspicion right now is on:

Gemma
Owner
Ultra
Dragomir
DDL

This post comes after two posts of hedging about Gemma, like it sounded like he was going to land on a townlean for her but then he places her in this list. I'm getting hints of romaine.

He comes out strong against Jack pretty suddenly, I'll have to look into what happened with Jack because I don't think speed had even mentioned him before and suddenly was catching up and said "Well anyway Jack is bad." I'm also interested to see when this happened relative to the Ultra wagon bc speed moved off of ultra and perhaps jack did something conveniently suspicious at a convenient time? Sorry I'm lacking in context here and just conf-biasing it, lmk if I'm way off

He doesn't post much day 2, he comments on the role claims a bit, sticks a vote on soneji and that's it
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 pm speedchuck, tell me about your vote.
I've suspected Gemma since late D1. Their playstyle was alien to me, so I didn't depend on that, but around the end of that day I considered Gemma to be a potential Ultra ally. I can't say I remember why.

I probably would have pursued this more D2 had I not been sick.
I love hypotheticals

So why did you move to Jack then in your hindsight bias
I thought I saw something there. I began pursuing it.
Ended up being a nothingburger.

If not for my hypothetical statement, these are two completely separate suspicions, yeah? Not sure how it relates.

I don't know what this is. Speed what was it you thought you saw with jack and why did you completely forget about him for all of day 2? Again I know I'm lacking context here (I did skim the game before I was in it but I missed a lot of details apparently)

Then today there's this post which I already called out for pinging me six ways to sunday
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm As someone who still hasn't read the whole game and doesn't intend to:

Dragomir - I see why people think he's scum, but it's like he's rolling in it. Could be some culture difference there. Still a moderate suspicion regardless.
Dragon D Luffy - scumread him early game for taking my bait, have cooled off since. Slightly lower than null
JaggedJimmyJay - haven't seen the scum ping yet, and Jay's been putting in work.
Luxurious - talks too much to be scum.
Macdougall - I have seen nothing to make me think Mac is town
nutella - seems like town nutella to me so far
Owner of a Lonely Heart - had a town ping, need to investigate it

M Plus 7 - ???
rundontwalk2 - I think I've seen people say he's posted some but [citation needed]
JessieKruger - ???

My highest suspicions without looking back are Drago, then Mac, then DDL. But that's all subject to change today, as the weekend is over and my other game is gone (and lost horribly).
Like... all of his scumreads are extremely weak. There's no heart in it. He tosses up a player list with some mostly hedgey statements, and the three names he calls his "highest suspicions" at the end barely sound like that at all. I don't believe he believes any of this.
I don't often set traps as town, but i have before. That's what made it work, and it set off a lot of conversation. If I was scum trying to mislynch DDL, I probably could have pressured that and succeeded.

Apparently I can't townread someone without buddying them. It's only buddying if they are scum. Which you are clearly assuming at the outset.

I never townread Ultra. Saying that they have done a single towny thing while exhibiting a scummy playstyle is not townreading them. I started the lynch on Ultra, and while I don't need the credit for it, scumreading me for it is a bit much, nut.

I never moved off Ultra. My Jack suspicion came in D2. Nothing convenient about it. You are WAY freaking off.

I wasn't around for much of D2. Nobody agreed with me on Jack. He flipped that night. I ended up voting a no-show because I didn't have time to pursue a Jack suspicion.

Turns out when you leave a game for three days after your biggest scumreads all died off, you have weak reads. Saying I have weak scumreads when I ended my post with 'subject to change, I haven't read anything for crap' is taking my honesty and trying to turn it into fakeness and deception.

-

In conclusion, you are either all the way into confirmation bias and tunnelling (which you've done on me before) or you're trying to twist me into a mislynch. Some of this doesn't make sense unless you're assuming I'm scum and painting every post with that picture. None of this content matches up in context, and the posts that ping you explain why they are the way they are in the posts.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:28 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:18 am

Dang you
:ponder: So Mac was gambitting?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah nah
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Speedchuck your low effort attempts to look like you give a shit are noted.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:33 am Speedchuck your low effort attempts to look like you give a shit are noted.
I am kinda discouraged by this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:33 am Speedchuck your low effort attempts to look like you give a shit are noted.
Okay soz. Find bad guys. I'm not dumb enough to gambit a fake cop claim mate. You must think me foolish or something.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am
Okay soz. Find bad guys. I'm not dumb enough to gambit a fake cop claim mate. You must think me foolish or something.
Guess I'm dumb and foolish then, because I didn't think it'd be a bad idea. Nor scummy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

When I came in with 7 notifications, I thought a lot must have happened.

Nope.

Guess it's back to ISOs then.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
Luxurious

Macdougall
Owner of a Lonely Heart

Dragon D Luffy
nutella
Dragomir
rundontwalk2
M Plus 7
JessieKruger

This is what I have after going back and reviewing a few things.
I checked out Jay's progressions on Gemma and Ultra. At one point early on, both were townreads. The progression from there looked natural.
I probably still need to take a closer look at Lux - volume of posts and tone alone isn't enough to make me completely comfortable leaving him there. Need to check interactions and opinions.
DDL is another I probably need to look closer at.
Nutella is a bit of a question mark because while I was pinged by her entrance (in retrospect) and while she's posted a context-less case on me, that latter bit might be a good look. If she was on a team, they would know that half of the things she cased me with factually failed based on the timing and the in-thread actions. Not to mention that she's jumping in as a replacement. These are all reasons to cut slack here, but I want to see what she does moving forward.
Dragomir is only above the bottom three because I have at least one or two positive pings from him, and the same cannot be said for those beneath him.

11 players left, three scum, no vigs. One kill per night unless the night 4 protectives get lucky. Can't count on that. We have two mislynches before MYLO, or one mislynch before MP and JK kill us with inactivity (if they are both town).

POE needs to be four or five players. I have six. Still work to do, but I'll wait and see if anyone says anything today.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Tsaiah / nutella and rundontwalk2 make sense as mafia teammates?

light orange in nutella's rainbow
nutella references RDW as potential low poster/easy target when voicing suspicions of Dragomir

Nothing from RDW. I have no reason to dissociate the two.

Do Tsaiah / nutella and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

nutella:
~ Medium-orange in nutella's rainbow | Clarifies color
~ Projects more on speed later, relates to suspicion of Dragomir
~ Screams about hesitance as bad thing - relevance seems limited to actual game / general hunting methodology, don't care
~ Hates his reads list
~ Chatter about DDL in response to speed prod | More regarding myself
~ Lengthy list of gripes with speed
~ This has all happened today, so I don't feel the need to continue. Y'all can see it.

speedchuck:
~ Replace MP - k | Follow-up poke
~ Seems like town nutella to him so far
~ Gripes with nutella's Gemma vote post
~ Response to nutella suspicions - grants potential for both her being in a tunnel or her twisting him for mislynch prep

~~~

Conclusion: It doesn't strike me as likely that nutella would enter the game and decide that one of her first crusades should be to build a case against her teammate speedchuck. It can be compared with her beefs with Dragomir, who has already endured some measure of suspicion for much of the game and has more apparent "bus" necessity, at least in theory. speedchuck was in a relatively peaceful position before nutella arrived. So, like, why? I'll green it.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do rundontwalk2 and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from RDW.

speedchuck:
~ Generally unaware of RDW's posts - contrasts the question marks for the other shrug reads :shrug2:
~ RDW is compatible with DDL, ISO is icky | Reaffirmed
~ New third suspect
~ Middle orange in the rainbow from moments ago

Conclusion: I'm not inclined to view the recent suspicions as indicators of dissociation given that it's a pretty consensus read. No reason to say they're not teamed. Yeller.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I finished these a bit more quickly than I anticipated. As such I'm going to include Lux and Owner for a more complete picture.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:32 am I finished these a bit more quickly than I anticipated. As such I'm going to include Lux and Owner for a more complete picture.
Will you include the Ultra w/w stuff you did on an earlier day in the spreadsheet?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:32 am I finished these a bit more quickly than I anticipated. As such I'm going to include Lux and Owner for a more complete picture.
Will you include the Ultra w/w stuff you did on an earlier day in the spreadsheet?
I can do that. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't really found a smoking gun interaction that I am inspired to call a red. Once again I call upon the civilian militia to identify the red interactions -- tell me which ones really get your adrenaline flowing. Tell me which ones make you poop in your pantaloons. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: there's a good chance I have overlooked some things pertaining to Dragomir in these analyses when players have referred to him as "Drago". That screws with my searches as it conflicts with "Dragon D. Luffy".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Ah, guess I did have some of the timing wrong on your jack stuff speed, sorry lol. That does change my perspective on some things yeah. That last post still pings me real hard though no matter how you defend it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Luxurious[/mention] I thought the tournament setup established the action resolution order but now I can't find it. I'm p sure a roleblock would prevent your jailkeep though. Also, why did you choose Mac?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Luxurious and Dragomir make sense as mafia teammates?

Luxurious:
~ Can't remember Drago's posts on Day 1
~ Pokes Dragomir for his dissection of Owner's posts
~ I don't know what this question is
~ lol - in response to Drago beefing with Gemma's protection of me over nova
~ Prod about Jack suspicion | Similar prod the next [real time] day | More prodding re: Owner - to this point Lux has been willing to get in Drago's hair. Neat.
~ Epi volunteers vote to Lux and she goes for Dragomir. I don't know if this was her own called vote (as in, if she had placed it by this moment). Nonetheless she was anti-Drago | Wasn't sure she'd stay there
~ "Want to hear more" prod at Drago among others.
~ Agrees with nova that a civilian vigilante would have shot Dragomir
~ I'm going to start putting standard pokes and prods here instead of line-breaking them: Click | Click | Click | Click | Click | Click - okay hell with that, you get the point. Lots of pokes and prods.
~ Day 3 vote for Drago | Another
~ GTH bad
~ Prefers Gemma lynch over Drago
~ Kinda still reads Drago as scum, also kinda feels better about him today
~ Doesn't really have any partners for Drago
~ Too wolfy to be a wolf
~ I see no need to continue. This summarizes the progression.

Dragomir:
~ Drago has spoken with Lux a ton in this game, and essentially all of it pertains to the content I've already covered above. He has dedicated a lot of energy to explaining himself to her and to answering her questions. I get the impression he is seriously trying to impact Lux's opinion of him -- not such a necessary effort for teammates.
~ The only isolated "read" I found - civilian view on Lux based on her role claim

~~~

Conclusion: I don't get the impression that these two share a mafia BTSC. The wide breadth of poking, prodding, and responding indicates dissociation to me on both sides. Green.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:57 am Luxurious I thought the tournament setup established the action resolution order but now I can't find it. I'm p sure a roleblock would prevent your jailkeep though. Also, why did you choose Mac?
I wanted to use my roleblock side of my action > my protection, and since Gemma flipped town the more i thought about it, the more I thought Mac could be scum because of it and might carry mafia kill.

I had kinda the same thought about JJJ. DDL i targeted first as a protection, realized I should go Nova, and then scrapped the idea of protecting for the night because the best protection would just be to stop the kill
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My face when every search of every page of Lux's posts nets 7,329 results.

:why:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:38 am
Guess I'm dumb and foolish then, because I didn't think it'd be a bad idea. Nor scummy.
I think it has scummy potential since it looks like a “I’m gonna wait until my buddy is being shaded and then alignment claim him town. Ez”

But the jury is still out on the matter
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 pm My face when every search of every page of Lux's posts nets 7,329 results.

I dont even have that many posts wtf happened
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:17 am speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
Luxurious

Macdougall
Owner of a Lonely Heart

Dragon D Luffy
nutella
Dragomir
rundontwalk2
M Plus 7
JessieKruger

This is what I have after going back and reviewing a few things.
I checked out Jay's progressions on Gemma and Ultra. At one point early on, both were townreads. The progression from there looked natural.
I probably still need to take a closer look at Lux - volume of posts and tone alone isn't enough to make me completely comfortable leaving him there. Need to check interactions and opinions.
DDL is another I probably need to look closer at.
Nutella is a bit of a question mark because while I was pinged by her entrance (in retrospect) and while she's posted a context-less case on me, that latter bit might be a good look. If she was on a team, they would know that half of the things she cased me with factually failed based on the timing and the in-thread actions. Not to mention that she's jumping in as a replacement. These are all reasons to cut slack here, but I want to see what she does moving forward.
Dragomir is only above the bottom three because I have at least one or two positive pings from him, and the same cannot be said for those beneath him.

11 players left, three scum, no vigs. One kill per night unless the night 4 protectives get lucky. Can't count on that. We have two mislynches before MYLO, or one mislynch before MP and JK kill us with inactivity (if they are both town).

POE needs to be four or five players. I have six. Still work to do, but I'll wait and see if anyone says anything today.
Hey weird flex but why isnt RDW included there
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

ESPECIALLY since he’s the highest one in your list
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Another weird flex is putting me as high as you do and then coming back and saying you need to actually read my posts, which I agree you do but like...

I dont see why I’m that high if all I got going for me is highest poster?

Especially when you come back and say you need to do DDL too, and place him midrange.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm ESPECIALLY since he’s the highest one in your list
*your list of inactives
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am I haven't really found a smoking gun interaction that I am inspired to call a red. Once again I call upon the civilian militia to identify the red interactions -- tell me which ones really get your adrenaline flowing. Tell me which ones make you poop in your pantaloons. :goofp:
I think some of your yellow alignments could be green but like

I dont really have any red
Outside of ultra and speedchuck maybe
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 pm My face when every search of every page of Lux's posts nets 7,329 results.

I don't understand how you can have 50 posts per page, and somehow have 30+ mentions of everyone on every page. :meany:

I've barely begun tho

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I noticed a thing when I was being a narcissist and going through my own iso and that’s the Ultra discussion stuff
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:25 pm Outside of ultra and speedchuck maybe
Tell me more

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:25 pm
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 pm

I don't understand how you can have 50 posts per page, and somehow have 30+ mentions of everyone on every page. :meany:

I've barely begun tho
I’m chatty but that seems like a stretch lmao
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 0]

Post by Luxurious »

I meant ddl not speed i was remembering it wrong
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:30 pm I meant ddl not speed i was remembering it wrong
moar

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:29 pm Interactions of Ultra and Dragon D. Luffy

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:03 pm DDL taking opportunities to answer soft questions and discredit early effort before it exists. bad
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:01 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 am What is the point of D0 if we can't lynch anyone?
With this mindset you ensure that it cannot have a point. bad
Eh. D0 isn't useless, but it does present a lot of opportunity to shade people over NAI.

By the way, your powerpoint is unintentionally hilarious.

This one can actually be tacked into the previous Dragomir interaction too. I threw poop at the two Drags and Ultra responded by suggesting that I was shading people over "NAI". It's implicitly defensive of DDL and Dragomir.

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmPossibly, by you.
I don't need "possibly". What are you referring to?
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmDefend someone by attacking their accuser.

Since you're here elaborate on that vote
I think DDL got snagged by a booby trap. No lynches are horrendous, and I thought it looked evident that speedchuck wasn't serious in his recommendation.
I think holding someone accountable for saying Day Zeros are less valuable is a bit pushy, especially considering they in fact are. Now, if someone was using "Wait, I said that D0, it doesn't count!" as a defense, or as a reason to dismiss a case, that is categorically scummy. But outside of that context, there's no apparent scum motive to stating the obvious, other than perhaps appearing blendy.

Reaction posts can also carry a scum motive, so this sounds like TMI on speedchuck

This post is worded in such a way that I struggle to follow it, fake or not. Either way it's again an implicit defense of DDL by way of shitting on me.

Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 am
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:41 pm @novaselinenever

Reads please
I'm currently beefing with Rundon'twalk and Soneji. I'm not really buying the formers concern with Jay sticking him as good early on, and the whole "he knows I play the same as both alignments" is whack. That has never stopped people from forming read, let alone gut ones. If what he claims is true and Jay knows him well, he should also know Jay well and that flinging poo early on alongside sticking people with an alignment based on first impression is his bread and butter. I think I talked about Soneji's entrance sometime earlier.

The whole no lynch thing is hilarious, and I'm more intrigued by DDL jumping on Speed than the latter making that claim. I took it as him messing around, 'cause I don't believe for a second that he's serious about it.

I can't say I'm a fan of you calling out the vote on DDL, nor throwing around fancy words like "chainsaw defense". Feels like over-compensating :grin:
If that was a bait post it's a pretty bad one. A player with low presence makes a very bad suggestion and then leaves. I can't reflexively blame someone for voting for that. I will blame a player for jumping on that player without explanation.

Another defense, this time explicit. Ultra was comfortable planting his flag in DDL's camp early and often. My immediate interpretation is that he wanted to capitalize on my "chainsaw defense" thing as the origin of a case by discrediting my suspicion of a guy who would eventually be shown as civilian -- an extended sort of TMI. Decent for DDL.

There are a few other mentions of DDL. They appear incidental to me as they're just associated with his attacks against me. Moving on.

I don't see any mentions of Ultra by DDL.

~~~

Conclusion: Have your dollop of WIFOM -- it's a consistent defensive message by Ultra on behalf of DDL, sometimes implied and eventually explicitly stated. I am inclined to say this reflects well enough on DDL. I was Ultra's punching bag, and those punches can be directly tied to my attack on DDL; it seems as though he knew I was wrong.
[/spoiler
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:56 pm Hmm... we dont have any information to work on yet, so we should probably no lynch d1.
[VOTE: Speedchuck] aubergine
[VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine
This reeks of chainsaw defense.
Add this to the DDL/ Ultra things

There was some discussion about how what Ultra said was also a Chainsaw defense, which would be for DDL
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I thought i fixed the spoiler ;(
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:30 pm I meant ddl not speed i was remembering it wrong
Damn, thought I was on to something. :p Seriously though realizing I was wrong about speed's role in the ultra lynch is making me reconsider how bad he actually looks. He might hard bus a completely inactive teammate, but ultra was not absent so it would be a bold move and speed doesn't feel particularly bold this game lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm
Damn, thought I was on to something. :p Seriously though realizing I was wrong about speed's role in the ultra lynch is making me reconsider how bad he actually looks. He might hard bus a completely inactive teammate, but ultra was not absent so it would be a bold move and speed doesn't feel particularly bold this game lol.
Nutella all excited for my interactions and then got nothing and is doing reconsideration which is good
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Does anyone else have familiarity with the "chainsaw defense" concept, i.e. have they seen the accusation hurled before in other games? A little clarity on the precise context and meaning of the thing would be super.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:41 pm Does anyone else have familiarity with the "chainsaw defense" concept, i.e. have they seen the accusation hurled before in other games? A little clarity on the precise context and meaning of the thing would be super.
I have an issue re: being scum and chainsaw defending my buddies so YES I do.

It’s kinda hard to explain so lemme get a post or two so give me 5
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Luxurious and DDL make sense as mafia teammates?

Luxurious:
~ Banter | Banter
~ Either own the vote or dont vote bro - regarding DDL's handling of speed's no lynch thing
~ Found his saving face scummy but was fine with his posts thereafter.
~ lol at DDL's self-vote
~ Prods speedchuck for scum reads other than DDL
~ Gives DDL the town sticker when he gripes about Owner's suspicion of me
~ On the town list
~ Semi-banter
~ Generic prod about Gemma
~ There's too much here. I'm going to have to be more selective in what I talk about or these posts will take all day.
~ Would hound him but sees the town point of view
~ Lux is displeased with DDL's perception of the mafia trying to kill nova Night 1
~ DDL on the town list on Day 2
~ Suggests Mac's case may have more "equity" - In context I think this amounts to some support of Mac's case against DDL, though I am uncertain of Lux's precise meaning
~ Day 2 vote for DDL - moved to Dragomir five minutes later
~ Reads DDL as civilian but is interested in Mac's theory to the contrary
~ GTH good | Reiterated in response to Jessie query
~ Waffling on DDL today | Could be w/w with RDW
~ Prefers RDW lynch over DDL
~ Believes DDL can be associated with Ultra

Dragon D. Luffy:
~ There are a lot of posts DDL makes in response to Lux. Highlighting them all serves little purpose. Here's the ISO if you like. I'll focus on reads.
~ Lux is fine but not super fine
~ GTH good
~ Lux is posting a lot - k

~~~

Conclusion: Unsurprisingly there's a crap load here. Lux's read on DDL can be difficult to track at points; she has covered a pretty wide gamut from assertive civilian reads to multiple votes for DDL. DDL's responses to Lux tend to come with a neutral tone, one of comfortable chatter. I think they're compatible as teammates / orange.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”