MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 1

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:10 pm SSSSSSIIIIP
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 pm Image
Notice how Ultra got his vote off of Cooler and onto a useless Mac wagon when Cooler was looking baked.

That's a teammate.
Oh, shut it.
You don't think it's reasonable for me to consider it suspicious that you threw your vote away when it was sitting on a Mafia?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 pm I havent read the last couple pages so idk if I would have been persuaded to join the cooler train, I guess if I were in danger I would have. I was strongly considering voting ddl though it wouldn't have mattered.
I didn't realize there was a four way tie including mata at one point. Now that I've read that I think I might have gone for mata but I can't really be sure because that's an alternate universe. But cooler turned out to be bad so it may be a blessing in disguise that I wasn't there in case I would have chosen mata and she's town after all (not that I'm discounting the possibility she still could be).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Night 1

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 pm Agreed, Mac!

That "Checked Cooler's games on NF and he seems to be more active as both alignments although I'd venture to say inactivity here is slightly more scum telling" is wish-to-the-wash in all the wrong ways.

What about DDL and his "Save Cooler" campaign? It worked on me if I weren't so irresponsible.
I believe DDL (and Epi) still opose a Cooler lynch regardless of alignment.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 pm Matahari remains my top suspect. This post now exists:
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm Similarly, Matahari’s response where she singled out Luxurious to offer a weird pseduo-defense which she later claimed was not a defense is many shades of confusing to me. I didn’t like the read she presented, and I didn’t like that she later denounced it as a defense without really explaining what the read itself.
You aren’t as good a judge of civvieness as I hoped you’d be. I can’t accept your other comments about people you think are bad, because I know you’re wrong about me. Either way, I would not place a vote on you today. I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too.
@Matahari we just lynched my second suspect after you and he flipped bad. Does that change the way you view my methods?
But isn't the ironic part that Matahari actually voted for Cooler?
Do we know why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:47 pm
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm Matahari, if you want me to quote you, please don't use the mention feature- it messes with my browser. I know you don't know that though. I do read everything and will respond.

Why do you think Nutella is good?

No reason to think she's bad. I'm not persuaded by Sloonei's thing. It looks good, but it isn't convincing.

Is Cooler bad because he would be posting if he was good?

I don't know Cooler from Adam. Why would him posting more make him good? What a strange question to ask.

Is Sloonei good because he is always pushy when town? Is he different when bad?

Sloonei being a civilian has nothing to do with pushiness. Again, this is a strange question.
sorry about your browser!

You have Cooler down as bad in your list. But last I looked, he only had one post. So I’m not sure why you find him bad.

About Sloonei- I thought you said something earlier about his level of play, but I might be thinking of someone else.
Cooler would be my default lynch if I had no opinions about anything else.
Epignosis wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:21 pm Damn guys I wanted to be a good host.

Sure there was a 70% chance of Cooler joining the ranks of the NF people who come here to be inactive in the first game, but hope is the last one to die.
I have a longstanding rule of not voting for new people in their first game Day 1, so I was never going to vote there anyway.
Right right. Nothing weird about these two posts.
Actually, I take that back about Epi.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

I just...

Why on earth would I push a wagon that I was clearly a compromise, and then do a complete 180, if he was my team mate?

Why wouldn't I just, like, continue to push speedchuck, or whoever else.

Why wouldn't I hard bus for the cred for an obviously useless team mate

I was, and continue to be, irritated by you. You're rather effective at doing this. And I was watching the wagons closely nonetheless. I was going to pull back to cooler's wagon last second but my clock on my computer is actually off by about 2 mins which I forgot.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 pm Matahari remains my top suspect. This post now exists:
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm Similarly, Matahari’s response where she singled out Luxurious to offer a weird pseduo-defense which she later claimed was not a defense is many shades of confusing to me. I didn’t like the read she presented, and I didn’t like that she later denounced it as a defense without really explaining what the read itself.
You aren’t as good a judge of civvieness as I hoped you’d be. I can’t accept your other comments about people you think are bad, because I know you’re wrong about me. Either way, I would not place a vote on you today. I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too.
@Matahari we just lynched my second suspect after you and he flipped bad. Does that change the way you view my methods?
Do we know why?
We do not

We didnt even got a vote post movement
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Not making another post until I'm through my 2nd space kitty
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

Idk man I still think Epi might be town here
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 pm Not making another post until I'm through my 2nd space kitty
My kind of beer.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 pm
Do we know why?
Not to my knowledge.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 pm I just...

Why on earth would I push a wagon that I was clearly a compromise, and then do a complete 180, if he was my team mate?

I was, and continue to be, irritated by you. You're rather effective at doing this. And I was watching the wagons closely nonetheless. I was going to pull back to cooler's wagon last second but my clock on my computer is actually off by about 2 mins which I forgot.
I've done this before. It's pretty obvious really.

People in hindsight would remember you pushing the Cooler wagon. Moving your vote off Cooler when you did could have quite easily resulted in a save for Cooler, particularly given I had said it was a mislynch and suspected nutella. So the only scenario in which a teammate of Cooler version of Ultra actually looks bad from this is based on MacDougall randomly voting Cooler which nobody could account for.

This is all wifom Ultra. Mafia teammates do strange things around Mafia teammates and they are non teammate indicative by design. It's not a good defence.

The being mad at me stuff is a good look for you though. :bighug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:16 pm Idk man I still think Epi might be town here

Of course he might. What a hot take.

Dragomir's Cooler comments, while being less fleshy than the others are actually the most dodgy looking. Reminds me a bit of the way that Elohcin handled my wagon in Steely Dan.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 pm

People in hindsight would remember you pushing the Cooler wagon. Moving your vote off Cooler when you did could have quite easily resulted in a save for Cooler, particularly given I had said it was a mislynch and suspected nutella. So the only scenario in which a teammate of Cooler version of Ultra actually looks bad from this is based on MacDougall randomly voting Cooler which nobody could account for.

This is all wifom Ultra. Mafia teammates do strange things around Mafia teammates and they are non teammate indicative by design. It's not a good defence.

No, what you said is all wifom.

There is a vast disparity in assumptions and likelihood between me being civ and whatever your scenario is.

Now speaking of theories of motive - I suspect you're intentionally blowing your own credibility to help you fly under the radar.

If this isn't the case, at least I can have a hardy chuckle over the grave of your credibility Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Oh heck yeah

And people moved off of me onto cooler apparently. That makes me feel good about myself despite me doing literally nothing. Move off of me onto another scum tomorrow, friendos!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:25 pm

There is a vast disparity in assumptions and likelihood between me being civ and whatever your scenario is.

Now speaking of theories of motive - I suspect you're intentionally blowing your own credibility to help you fly under the radar.

If this isn't the case, at least I can have a hardy chuckle over the grave of your credibility Image
Does flying under the radar seem like something that I am want to do based on the one game you played with me in which you had the benefit of seeing Mafia me?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:27 pm Oh heck yeah

And people moved off of me onto cooler apparently. That makes me feel good about myself despite me doing literally nothing. Move off of me onto another scum tomorrow, friendos!
Oh got eem.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Does flying under the radar seem like something that I am want to do based on the one game you played with me in which you had the benefit of seeing Mafia me?
Still operating under the SK assumption atm
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

anyway at least we got a D1 scum lynch, and not one of the two unlynchables either
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari remains my preferred Day 2 lynch.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Still operating under the SK assumption atm
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 pm anyway at least we got a D1 scum lynch, and not one of the two unlynchables either
we?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 pm anyway at least we got a D1 scum lynch, and not one of the two unlynchables either
we?
Yeah me and my green pal
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 pm
we?
Yeah me and my green pal
:haha:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

I moved my vote to Cooler as a self pres. I had four votes, Cooler had 4, and Lux had 3 or 4.
Sloonei- okay, you get it right sometimes. But you’re wrong about me.
Epig- I hope you change your mind.
Cooler
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Cooler »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 pm @Cooler I want you to know that I hammered you simply because Sloonei and Juliets were voting for you. I basically just gave them my vote. Even in my most chaotic moment I still deferred to the sensible centre.
Lol didn't even notice.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

This worked better than I would have expected.

Rest in pieces [mention]Cooler[/mention], and I hope I see you in more games here.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

I'm not happy.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Nutella is still scum.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Please let me by right!
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Its hard to figure out who Cooler's buddy is as hardly anybody interacted with him.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 pm @Dragomir I want your point of view. Who is the most uneased by this circumstance?
Matahari.
Who's in 2nd?
Idk.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:05 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 pm Holy shit, a 3-way tie.
>4/5/4
>tied
It used to be 5v5v5
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If Nutella survives the night, a friendly reminder that there are two bulletproof baddies.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:44 am If Nutella survives the night, a friendly reminder that there are two bulletproof baddies.
Inb4 the vig ignores nutella.

Also the SK kills tonight too, so there is a big chance at least one of the 3 kills may be stopped and we won't know which one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Man I wouldn't want to be the speedster mafia rn. They just lost a member and now there are 3 kills unrelated to them about to hit somewhere.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am I'm not happy.
I will never understand you sir.

Why not be happy?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:31 am

Why not be happy?
Nutella wasn't lynched.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It’s okay, she’s taking a diamond arrow to the knee tonight I bet. 🧐
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:34 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:31 am

Why not be happy?
Nutella wasn't lynched.
But we lynched scum tho

Nutella can die tonight or be lynched tomorrow

:shrug:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't see an odd vig though?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also nks don't flip so if I die at night you don't get to find out that you're wrong about me :pout:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh you're right the vig only kills even nights.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 am I moved my vote to Cooler as a self pres. I had four votes, Cooler had 4, and Lux had 3 or 4.
Sloonei- okay, you get it right sometimes. But you’re wrong about me.
Epig- I hope you change your mind.
Why did you choose cooler over lux?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I will stay current in here during this phase and comment if I see fit but I have two other games I've totally neglected that I will be working on today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Good job guys! Sorry I wasn't able to be here end of day. I'm always a little iffy on lynching low participating people early on but I'm glad it worked out this time.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 am I don't see an odd vig though?
Green Arrow doesn’t play by rules set by fat cat hosts.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 am Also nks don't flip so if I die at night you don't get to find out that you're wrong about me :pout:
Oh right. Hating this forum more and more and at the same time I'm loving it.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

nutella wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:41 am Also nks don't flip so if I die at night you don't get to find out that you're wrong about me :pout:
aw shit

why
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Day flip is better than no flip
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”