Jackofhearts2005
No votes
juliets
15%
Michelle
8%
Quin
No votes
I'm running out of villains to name here (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
62%

Total votes: 13
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 308
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Girl Genius (Day 4)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:56 am A post I wanted to make last night.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:32 pm Okay Dom in the other game which we can now talk about you were town and pursued a case about another townie aggressively. Here you "lead" the case against Nutella except that was basically an ISO and a vote; you put more substance into the case here but to me it seemed like it lacked the same passion. Maybe I'm wrong. Obviously different circumstances and all that, but someone said something I think in this game that gave me the impression that you are in fact generally a very aggressive player and that is not the impression I've gotten so far. Again, maybe I'm wrong.
I think its fairly aggressively to pursue a player for several days and then create a massive iso which results in their lynch.
Who else got nutella lynched?
You?

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:32 pm On the "vague case" thing. Yes it's vague. Oh well. I think you're scum. I don't have a wall of evidence. Most good players aren't going to leave behind a wall of evidence. Also Nutella would still have full interest in hunting scum given her role; the fact that she was neutral doesn't make that case any less viable.
"Most good players aren't going to leave behind a wall of evidence" doesn't quite square with "Basically an iso and a vote"
Which is it? Am I a bad player or a good player? Am I bad because I didn't try enough or am I bad because I left behind a wall of evidence? Why is your standard different than mine?

You're not just not throwing strikes, bro. You're pelting the batter.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:32 pmOn the "whatever to whoever" thing. Fair I guess. I tried to define "off" but it didn't really go so well. To clear things up I didn't intend for equal opportunity attacker to be negative and when I reviewed some of your games I saw a lot of posts of the same style so I'm going to call it NAI.
But you didn't say that. And you spent the day trying to lynch me.
So... what does "off" mean? It didn't go well, you're right. Why? Let's unpack that.

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:32 pmOn the salad thing (which I'm getting very defensive about and if when the game is over I was in fact correct you guys are gonna be hearing about it): it's not? I don't think? I don't see the connection between my attempt to generate discussion on mafia teams and me giving any sort of non-committal preferences on lynches, which is what I thought salad is. Please enlighten me if I am in fact wrong.
Weird that I didn't accuse you of salad-ing, but rather, Jack.
Any reason why you're defensive on that?

Okay fine. You lynched Nutella. Here’s a star. I’m sorry for attacking you for not adequately lynching Nutella. (Yes you actually did do a lot of effort to the end of lynching Nutella I’m not going to dispute that and there’s a chance that I have a distorted hindsight view which is leading me to believe that you didn’t actually care).
You’re a good player that’s why I wouldn’t expect to find a lot of information that would clue me into your affiliation.
It didn’t go well because maybe I was wrong is probably the correct assessment. Or else no one who’s better at articulating these things picked up on the same vibes that I did. I don’t know.
I’m defensive cause I thought it was a good idea and no one else liked it and I was sad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 225

Re: Girl Genius (Day 5)

Post by Dom »

So who do we lynch, Tony?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]Long Con[/mention]
who do you want to lynch?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey man, what's up? Can you see me even when I'm invisible?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I was gonna ask you the same thing. Do you want to try to lynch each other?

If not I’m voting for Timmer for now.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 am Hey man, what's up? Can you see me even when I'm invisible?
Only scum players go invisible.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I voted sabie last lynch and I preferred her to Creature... I was pretty meh on the Creature lynch. His constant complaining about how we play Mafia grated on me enough that I didn't give a damn. He was great for the mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 am Hey man, what's up? Can you see me even when I'm invisible?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Right now I'm totally down with Dom over Tony for the Civ side of things. That is to say Dom has impressed me in the Civ fashion. Whereas Tony is alluding to scumminess because of my invisible, plus he did engage in the Chess, which could have been a scum distraction on his end somehow. :haha:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 am Right now I'm totally down with Dom over Tony for the Civ side of things. That is to say Dom has impressed me in the Civ fashion. Whereas Tony is alluding to scumminess because of my invisible, plus he did engage in the Chess, which could have been a scum distraction on his end somehow. :haha:
Yeah Dom is winning the war I know when I’m beat.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I voted sabie last lynch and I preferred her to Creature... I was pretty meh on the Creature lynch. His constant complaining about how we play Mafia grated on me enough that I didn't give a damn. He was great for the mafia.
I do not like these situations we’re in where all of the lynched are “meh”.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Um, what else? Dyslexicon and Epignosis, I don't see them both being baddies and putting on this big show or something. I am concerned about one of them being bad. Of course my mind puts Epignosis there... it could be such a smooth plan to sub in for a baddie role to berate the Civvies for low-posting and keep the posting engine generally revved up enough that it's very difficult to find reason to lynch him. Paranoid? Maybe. Or maybe not. We'll see at endgame.

Dizzy, Epi, Jack, and Dom are all good in my books, for reasons and maybe optimism?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 pm I voted for Jack.
You must be daft.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:29 pm My vote is on Dyslexicon now.
Double daft.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:21 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 am Right now I'm totally down with Dom over Tony for the Civ side of things. That is to say Dom has impressed me in the Civ fashion. Whereas Tony is alluding to scumminess because of my invisible, plus he did engage in the Chess, which could have been a scum distraction on his end somehow. :haha:
It's a taste of peak Mafia virtuosity that I'm glad to see Dom displaying. Dom, don't stop playing Mafia when you can make posts like that, you are lifeblood.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I voted sabie last lynch and I preferred her to Creature... I was pretty meh on the Creature lynch. His constant complaining about how we play Mafia grated on me enough that I didn't give a damn. He was great for the mafia.
All the lynched were "meh"? Is that the situation we're in? Help an old man out here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:42 pm Look, if sabie is a civilian, then whatever.

We have sabie six posts.

Creature "I am bored with this site I wish I was out of this game"

sprityo has a whopping four posts.

What am I to do with that?
Let’s ping them constantly.

[mention]sprityo[/mention]
[mention]sabie12[/mention]
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:46 pm I despise the argument that we lynch on the basis of gathering information.

Number one, it means you don't actually suspect sabie, but you want to lynch her anyway. That's how mafia get away with bullshit lynches.

Number two, you don't get information. You get circumstantial evidence.
Lynch lynch Sabie for knowledge. :rolleyes:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am
It's a taste of peak Mafia virtuosity that I'm glad to see Dom displaying. Dom, don't stop playing Mafia when you can make posts like that, you are lifeblood.
All the lynched were "meh"? Is that the situation we're in? Help an old man out here.
lynches
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:32 amLynch lynch Sabie for knowledge. :rolleyes:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:34 amlynches
Lynch lynch lynches, lynch lynch the lynches.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:36 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:32 amLynch lynch Sabie for knowledge. :rolleyes:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:34 amlynches
Lynch lynch lynches, lynch lynch the lynches.
twin peaks meets buffalo
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

:phew:
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 am Um, what else? Dyslexicon and Epignosis, I don't see them both being baddies and putting on this big show or something. I am concerned about one of them being bad. Of course my mind puts Epignosis there... it could be such a smooth plan to sub in for a baddie role to berate the Civvies for low-posting and keep the posting engine generally revved up enough that it's very difficult to find reason to lynch him. Paranoid? Maybe. Or maybe not. We'll see at endgame.

Dizzy, Epi, Jack, and Dom are all good in my books, for reasons and maybe optimism?
My paranoia is still on Dizzy of those two; I’m not willing to clear Dom out of some whimpering sense of pride but I think he’s probably fine; Jack posted something yesterday that made me think he was town for a really weird reason but outside of that I have no reason to let him go.

I am rarely in this position but I just need someone to be a voice of reason and tell me what to do.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:31 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:42 pm Look, if sabie is a civilian, then whatever.

We have sabie six posts.

@sprityo
@sabie12
:suspish:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:sigh:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I was gonna ask you the same thing. Do you want to try to lynch each other?

Why
So let's change that.
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am
Hey LC--

I appreciate the nice words.

But... uhh... this post didn't do you any favors in my book.

[VOTE: LC] aubergine
sprityo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:31 am

We have sabie six posts.

@sprityo
@sabie12
:suspish:
Just wondering-- do you think this is cute?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Huh? Why?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You have a history of flattering me when bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Starting in Dexter on LP
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 am Starting in Dexter on LP
Staaaaaap
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:01 pm I really really want lurkers to post a lot today.

@sabie12 @sprityo @Owner of a Lonely Heart
Please catch up and give your input when you can.
I’ll try :beer:
I'll hold you to it :beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:36 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:07 am Starting in Dexter on LP
Staaaaaap
You have any actual thoughts on the game or you just gonna shit on all my posts in particular, bro?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 amWhy juliets and timmer for not mafia?

And why the light town reads on LC and Jack?

Also, why are you not paranoid of me?

I guess I'm debating if dizzy 2.0 is in your scum range or not. Cause your scum range play is less active than your town play.

You also didn't die or don't remember you getting voted aside from what Epi 2.0 said today. I guess him having thoughts to vote for you might lean you townish, but l'm not sure if I like all of Sloonei's posts.

I think Sloonei was the one you replaced...right?!?!?
Derps for Juliets and Timmer:
juliets wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm This whole time I thought we lynched Luna, lol.
Juliets is only mafia if the whole team didn't know the lynch was Nut and not Luna (or they didn't talk about it at all), or if this is fake, but I don't think it is.
timmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm Fuck, I had a whole thing about how it seemed like juliets and Luna were linked but that's because I thought Luna was on the baddie team but now I see she was an indy so it makes no sense.
This is Timmer's derp, and looking at it now I don't like it as much. Cause how do you not know Luna was not mafia. Also Timmer straight out tells me that he could pull out fake derps so yay all the wifom. I don't know

How does everyone read these derps?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] -- soo did you ever actually suspect me or did you just think you could beat me?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 amWhy juliets and timmer for not mafia?

And why the light town reads on LC and Jack?

Also, why are you not paranoid of me?

I guess I'm debating if dizzy 2.0 is in your scum range or not. Cause your scum range play is less active than your town play.

You also didn't die or don't remember you getting voted aside from what Epi 2.0 said today. I guess him having thoughts to vote for you might lean you townish, but l'm not sure if I like all of Sloonei's posts.

I think Sloonei was the one you replaced...right?!?!?
And LC and Jack are more gut town than anything. I don't think I can read Jack very well tbh, but I haven't had negative reactions to their post. Not sure I would do if they were scum. LC I think I have been ok at reading in the past, I feel their reaction to being voted seemed town. Just the "lay off take a break" attitude.

I replaced Sloonmeister and I'm town, so there's that. I don't get scum roles Owner =p Also I thought you were town ever since you posted that suspicion on Tony D1 tbh. I still think you've posted like your town self, but please post more.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:25 am Um, what else? Dyslexicon and Epignosis, I don't see them both being baddies and putting on this big show or something. I am concerned about one of them being bad. Of course my mind puts Epignosis there... it could be such a smooth plan to sub in for a baddie role to berate the Civvies for low-posting and keep the posting engine generally revved up enough that it's very difficult to find reason to lynch him. Paranoid? Maybe. Or maybe not. We'll see at endgame.

Actually I have a thought about Epi:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:11 pm The good news is the mafia whiffed on this. I don't know why Quin is more of a threat than I am, but there are you are.
Would Epi say this as mafia? I read the "haha I'm alive" as a town thing to say
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

If Juliets, Timmer, Owner, LC, Jack and Epi are all town then scum is among
Michelle, Sabie, Drag, Sprit, Tony and Dom

Some of the town reads are maybe a bit generous, but still I prefer to lynch among the second line here, and probably the first four.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't really think Dom is very scummy, but I also don't know Dom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 am You have a history of flattering me when bad.
This is not as bad as suspecting me for an RIP post, but it's down there. Leave this one in the trash; it's not a real tell.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:19 pm Well, the post says he was a hero so I guess RIP Quin. Also apologies to you Creature, I won't try to meta read you again.

I will start my day with a vote for sabie12

And goodnight!
Why though+ Because of the "slip" that still may or may not be a slip?
sabie has really done nothing except for that one post that you quoted. Other than that post when she's been here she's just been telling us why she can't post instead of taking those opportunities to give us some content. I especially hate that she told us she was on her way home from vacation and would be in a place where she had internet and then didn't post for 3 whole days.

The one post where she had content had that statement about nutella being wrong about her reads. I admit that still bothers me given nutella had indeed given 9+ reads prior to her statement. I know you disagree with the way I am looking at that and I will go back and re-read your concerns.

I will still be looking at others during the day. I see you've voted Michelle so I will look at her for example along with some others.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am
Tony, fyi, iirc LC is always invisible whether he's playing a game or not. I don't consider this as alignment indicative.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I was gonna ask you the same thing. Do you want to try to lynch each other?

I think someone already asked you why, I just want to reinforce that. What are you seeing about timmer at this time?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok I'll join on Sabie. Sabie/Michelle/Drag + ?

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

Someone who knows people here well, please answer about the derps and my thoughts on Epi?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jimmaaaaaay viewing the thread! <3
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine

[mention]Michelle[/mention]

What do you have to say for yourself? Why did you sheep me on Creature yesterday?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 am You have a history of flattering me when bad.
This is not as bad as suspecting me for an RIP post, but it's down there. Leave this one in the trash; it's not a real tell.
Doesn't mean my vote will end up there.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:45 am Ok I'll join on Sabie. Sabie/Michelle/Drag + ?

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine

Someone who knows people here well, please answer about the derps and my thoughts on Epi?
i forgot drag was playing lol
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Don't like that Drag and Owner didn't break the tie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 am
Doesn't mean my vote will end up there.
That doesn't worry me much. I'm just saying, I'm Civ this time, you will know I'm Civ at the end of the game, you shouldn't try to make this into a tell in the future. I was just impressed, that's all. And a little drunk.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 am Don't like that Drag and Owner didn't break the tie.
Let's lynch Owner. Owner jumped right on Creature's bogus accusation of me, too easily. Owner is bad. [VOTE: Owner] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] I read through Michelle's posts and though there aren't a lot of them I see a difference between her behavior and Sable's. As an example, Michelle took a pretty strong stand on timmer and had one post where she had several posts from him and gave her thoughts on those posts. I wish she would post more but at least I saw more meat on her posts. I will stay with sabie for now, but I would like to hear what others think of Michelle.

Aaaand I see you have changed to sabie so this probably doesn't matter anymore.

Also, sprityo. He only has maybe 3 posts so I don't know what to think about him. I have voted to lynch him for lurking or low posting in other games and have been wrong more than right. What is everyone else thinking about him?

linki, ok I see what you are thinking Jack and I had forgotten you took issue with her sheep post. I'd like to hear her answer as well.

linki again will read after

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 am Don't like that Drag and Owner didn't break the tie.
Especially given the only reason I could see they were on LC was the RIP post. I have been reading Owner as civ but need to take another look at both.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] what do you think of Tony?

Return to “Previous Jobs”