Jackofhearts2005
No votes
juliets
15%
Michelle
8%
Quin
No votes
I'm running out of villains to name here (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
62%

Total votes: 13
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Re: Girl Genius (Day 5)

Post by timmer »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:57 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:53 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:42 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 am

I suspected you. I probably gave up on the full fledged support of suspecting you some point yesterday while I was still pushing that case.
Why?
Why did I give up a bit? I thought there existed a meta case and I read some of your previous games and it seemed par for the course. At which point I’m basing my entire meta case on a game currently in process.
Sounds like you never had a case in the first place.

Which games did you read?
One with Ancient Greece, one weird one that I couldn’t really track that seemed to take place in several different threads, a few where you posted once or twice a day and then died.
You chose a game where I died on Night 3, a game that was hard to follow, and a game I didn't quite play to base your entire case against me that you pushed hard while I wasn't here?
Do I have that right?
Well I read the games after making the case and you didn’t have many recent ones to choose from. The case I pushed while you were here was not in any way based on those games.

If I wanted to I’m sure I could have found some great examples of what I was looking for but it would have been a little disingenuous.
This exchange has my head spinning. Am I correct that the synopsis of this is that tony made a case based on Dom game meta, but then later admitted that he found the games he cited... after making the case?
My siggie.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 308
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:44 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:07 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:57 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:53 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:46 am
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:42 am
Why?
Why did I give up a bit? I thought there existed a meta case and I read some of your previous games and it seemed par for the course. At which point I’m basing my entire meta case on a game currently in process.
Sounds like you never had a case in the first place.

Which games did you read?
One with Ancient Greece, one weird one that I couldn’t really track that seemed to take place in several different threads, a few where you posted once or twice a day and then died.
You chose a game where I died on Night 3, a game that was hard to follow, and a game I didn't quite play to base your entire case against me that you pushed hard while I wasn't here?
Do I have that right?
Well I read the games after making the case and you didn’t have many recent ones to choose from. The case I pushed while you were here was not in any way based on those games.

If I wanted to I’m sure I could have found some great examples of what I was looking for but it would have been a little disingenuous.
This exchange has my head spinning. Am I correct that the synopsis of this is that tony made a case based on Dom game meta, but then later admitted that he found the games he cited... after making the case?
Yes basically
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

You have a problem with that
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Can you explain how that makes sense? Or more specifically, can you explain how that isn't basically admitting that you made a case up? I feel like I'm missing a key piece, here, lol
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Or you were just really, really sure about Dom's past behaviours in games and made the case, but then only went to find proof of it after?
My siggie.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:39 pm I'm here briefly... so my default vote today will be sabie as my counter-idea yesterday kind of flopped.

I notice that the last 2 things Tony said about me were pro-townie, yet he is voting for me, so that's weird.

I've been reading and following the game more than it might seem, I just haven't had a ton to say at the few times where I've had time to say them.

Right now, I feel like I have zero real pro-town reads..., a huge group of people in the middle meh group, like Epig2, Dom, LC...

Some people I'm gut-reading as bad but can't build much of a case against like juliets, Drag and Owner, and then there are all of the virtually absent players. As for sabie, one thing that is damning imo is that she is making exactly one post a day, which is the exact requirement to not get modblocked. That makes me a bit more comfortable with a lynch in that direction.
I did notice that about Sabie — most townies wouldn’t feel the need to make the necessary post a day but scum has a team to carry.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm Can you explain how that makes sense? Or more specifically, can you explain how that isn't basically admitting that you made a case up? I feel like I'm missing a key piece, here, lol
I ISOed Dom. I came up with a list of complaints, one being that he didn’t pursue some of his cases as much as he should which I noted was especially concerning given that I thought of him (and still do think of him) as a very aggressive player. Then I read some games and found that this was the case but Dom’s posts were still in line with his town baseline.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:04 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:50 pm Can you explain how that makes sense? Or more specifically, can you explain how that isn't basically admitting that you made a case up? I feel like I'm missing a key piece, here, lol
I ISOed Dom. I came up with a list of complaints, one being that he didn’t pursue some of his cases as much as he should which I noted was especially concerning given that I thought of him (and still do think of him) as a very aggressive player. Then I read some games and found that this was the case but Dom’s posts were still in line with his town baseline.
Dom has interpreted this to mean

I made a solely meta case on Dom
I didn’t have any information to back that up
Also my meta case was weak
Also why did I suspect him in the first place
Also I am scum
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Okay, that makes sense enough, thanks
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I can get believing in a certain meta and then finding it to be not what you thought later.

Why is Juliet's town? I have also been gut reading her as bad a little bit, but she's on some respectable players' Town list.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 225

Post by Dom »

Catching up now from the store. I'd like to close now pls.
timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:51 pm Or you were just really, really sure about Dom's past behaviours in games and made the case, but then only went to find proof of it after?
Yeah... it's not a good look.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm I can get believing in a certain meta and then finding it to be not what you thought later.

Why is Juliet's town? I have also been gut reading her as bad a little bit, but she's on some respectable players' Town list.
What is it about me that causes you to gut read me as bad a little bit?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You read a game I didn't really play, a game where I died on Night 3, and a game where you couldn't follow the thread and concluded this is consistent with my meta?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:25 pm I can get believing in a certain meta and then finding it to be not what you thought later.

I have no read on her.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention], can you confirm that the reason you want to lynch timmer is that he has a lot of posts but no content?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Girl Genius (Day 0)

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:58 pm
sig wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm I think both Drag abd Sloonie are mafia and this back and forth is a conspiracy. Feels very manufactured.
So I decided to read up on this Dragomir guy since I don't know him and I like his style. I notice that he tangled with Sig, so I'll comment on this... Sig has taken pains to come up swinging with the "I always look bad" thing, and he is absolutely correct in his self-read, even I remember this. But then Sig goes and says things that just... seem shady, like the above. I'd love to hear how this feels like a conspiracy, I don't see it at ALL. And furthur... even though he is correct in his meta read, I'd actually that he seems... bad, lol.
This is timmer only mention of our only confirmed baddie.
What do we think?
Slightly negative read with no action and never followed up before sig's death.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm @TonyStarkPrime, can you confirm that the reason you want to lynch timmer is that he has a lot of posts but no content
He has made 2 fairly townie comments about me since his vote, so I'm a little confused as to why he is voting me, tbh.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Girl Genius (Day 4)

Post by Dom »

Remember the scum buckets?
Notice timmer didn't make one.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:42 am Scum buckets:

Sprityo
Sabie
Creature

Dom
Dys
Drago

LC
Owner
Creature
Drago

Everyone else

I am willing to bet that of these four buckets each has at least one of the remaining mafia members. If I’m wrong which bucket doesn’t have one?

And the two posts that even mention timmer are here:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I was gonna ask you the same thing. Do you want to try to lynch each other?

If not I’m voting for Timmer for now.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 am
juliets wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 am Hey man, what's up? Can you see me even when I'm invisible?
Only scum players go invisible.
Tony, fyi, iirc LC is always invisible whether he's playing a game or not. I don't consider this as alignment indicative.
I am aware and I would never consider that to be valid info towards a player’s alignment. It’s essentially out of game info.
What's up with that?

So two things:
1) [mention]timmer[/mention], what are you talking about? He's said nothing positive about you. But he has interacted with you as if he doesn't suspect you.
2) [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention], What gives?
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Girl Genius (Day 4)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm Remember the scum buckets?
Notice timmer didn't make one.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:42 am Scum buckets:

Sprityo
Sabie
Creature

Dom
Dys
Drago

LC
Owner
Creature
Drago

Everyone else

I am willing to bet that of these four buckets each has at least one of the remaining mafia members. If I’m wrong which bucket doesn’t have one?

And the two posts that even mention timmer are here:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am I was gonna ask you the same thing. Do you want to try to lynch each other?

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:24 am
juliets wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:11 am Hey man, what's up? Can you see me even when I'm invisible?
Only scum players go invisible.
Tony, fyi, iirc LC is always invisible whether he's playing a game or not. I don't consider this as alignment indicative.
I am aware and I would never consider that to be valid info towards a player’s alignment. It’s essentially out of game info.
What's up with that?

So two things:
1) timmer, what are you talking about? He's said nothing positive about you. But he has interacted with you as if he doesn't suspect you.
2) TonyStarkPrime, What gives?
Why didn’t Timmer make a bucket? Doesn’t fit in the LC/LC voters train and hasn’t roused my suspicions as much as those in the talky bucket.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm TonyStarkPrime, can you confirm that the reason you want to lynch timmer is that he has a lot of posts but no content?
No. Because I don’t really want to lynch Timmer. Did I ever say I want to lynch Timmer?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:57 pm
You read a game I didn't really play, a game where I died on Night 3, and a game where you couldn't follow the thread and concluded this is consistent with my meta?
Was I supposed to conclude that it is not in fact consistent? That you are not behaving like your town baseline? Also for the record I read a few games you didn’t “really play”.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:51 pm Or you were just really, really sure about Dom's past behaviours in games and made the case, but then only went to find proof of it after?
My assumption was literally Dom=aggressive

Is someone gonna tell me this is wrong
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 am I don't really think Dom is very scummy, but I also don't know Dom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dom is not likely with sig the mafia.

Judging by this post:
sig wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:50 pm Doms in the game so let's lynch hom first for reasons
It could have been just a joke, but saying that day 0 is hella risky if teamed as you don't know if someone will latch onto that and be gunho to make that the lynch for the day.

So in association with sig flipping mafia, I think Dom is town. (or at least not likely mafia)
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 am Don't like that Drag and Owner didn't break the tie.
I was either at work or getting ready for work at the time of end of day. I don't carry my phone on me while working. I wait til a break, but even then I really don't like phone posting.

Personally speaking, I don't like being the tie breaker unless maybe one is town read while the other is a scum read. But dude, I was just not around.

I guess there are technically other times where I won't even touch the main wagon or wagons.

Like so many people voting for x person so quickly -> my thought -> well there's like scum on that wagon or the person flipping is likely an indie or townie who's alone -> so yeah, sometimes I won't get involved with that.

It's not my duty to be the tie breaker. It's my duty to lynch scum.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:31 am Is owner predicated entirely on his vote for you?
ahem, I'm a female though.

I have yet to vote for today.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:29 am
juliets wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:43 am

I think someone already asked you why, I just want to reinforce that. What are you seeing about timmer at this time?
Timmer has a post count in the 70s, but the only things I remember from that are a weird idea on Creature / Owner / Drago being w/w/w (which actually is pretty townie now that I think about it cause scum wouldn’t make claims like that if Creature was gonna flip town) and a fight with Rej day 1.
Dom, this is a supportive post I was referring to, "actually pretty townie" is not synonymous with voting for me.
My siggie.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

[VOTE: Tony] aubergine

I probably should have kept pushing him since day 1.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

I do like the wagon on sabie though. But I'm thinking that sabie is likely another indie. I think we have one of those left?!?!
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Hmm, but Tony is really active...could he be so active as scum?

I guess he could be an indie though...idk my bff jill...um hmmm
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm
Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:09 pm TonyStarkPrime, can you confirm that the reason you want to lynch timmer is that he has a lot of posts but no content?
No. Because I don’t really want to lynch Timmer. Did I ever say I want to lynch Timmer?
And he has also said this, which is why I don't get his vote.
My siggie.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

timmer wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 pm
And he has also said this, which is why I don't get his vote.
Okay who should get my vote?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:43 pm Hmm, but Tony is really active...could he be so active as scum?

I guess he could be an indie though...idk my bff jill...um hmmm
Yes. I’m just not.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm cool with Tony or sabie going.

Really Tony is completely nonsensical at this point.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Imo Dom comes off as civ in this afternoon's conversation. His questioning was pointed and aggressive which is what I've seen out of civ Dom in the past.

I'm going to read Owner to find out more about her vote for Tony. [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] why is your vote still on timmer?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wait, [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] I missed your post where you asked timmer who should get your vote so never mind my question. You're looking to move it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 239

Post by Epignosis »

Today took a violent shove from "not very busy" to "holy shit, today is week 1 of NFL preseason."

Easiest coin of the year if you do your homework.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 pm Today took a violent shove from "not very busy" to "holy shit, today is week 1 of NFL preseason."

Easiest coin of the year if you do your homework.
Oh I forgot! Thursday night football! Welcome to my favorite time of the year.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I read back on Owner and her biggest suspicion of Tony is that he called her slight town after she expressed an opinion that players who make excuses or complain turn out to be scum (she indicates her opinion that he had done that).

He says her case is contrived but he leans slight town on her because she is willing to place a vote on a ping when he thinks there is more damning evidence against him. ([mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] what were you talking about when you said that?)

I don't see this as a strong reason to vote for him. Owner felt like he might be buddying her and I guess for her it is a strong enough reason, coupled with her opinion of his behavior today. I don't think she is trying to set him up, but I'm not seeing a strong enough case even with his awkwardness today to move me to vote him at this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Where are [mention]Dragomir[/mention] and [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] ? And [mention]sprityo[/mention] and [mention]Michelle[/mention] ? I really want to hear your thoughts guys. Am I crazy to not change my vote to Tony? Who are you seeing as bad? What do you think about Dom and timmer? Come on people let's play!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well, everyone seems to be gone so I'm off to watch tv.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I voted Sabie, not that it makes a gauge difference.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Huge
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle, Sprityo and Tony can all go imo.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

yo jack i haven't gotten the inkling of a clue why you suspect anyone or that you suspect anyone but myself.

that's strange, don't you think?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 pm I read back on Owner and her biggest suspicion of Tony is that he called her slight town after she expressed an opinion that players who make excuses or complain turn out to be scum (she indicates her opinion that he had done that).

He says her case is contrived but he leans slight town on her because she is willing to place a vote on a ping when he thinks there is more damning evidence against him. (@TonyStarkPrime what were you talking about when you said that?)

I don't see this as a strong reason to vote for him. Owner felt like he might be buddying her and I guess for her it is a strong enough reason, coupled with her opinion of his behavior today. I don't think she is trying to set him up, but I'm not seeing a strong enough case even with his awkwardness today to move me to vote him at this time.
I don’t remember that was day 1. I just remember feeling that she had chosen something dumb and if scum wanted to set me up they could apparently just ask me the same stupid questions over and over again and pretend that I was saying something different.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay it’s weird to me that between sabie and sprityo Sabie has 6 votes and none are on the replacement who’s done even less.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

(That indicates to me he might not be bad)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:44 pm (That indicates to me he might not be bad)
How so? Baddies always willing to dump one of their own?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fun fact: Active Syndicate regulars have been getting killed off on the regular.

Not so fun fact: sabie isn't here.

Therefore: sabie isn't doing the killing.

Question for the field: Who is?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom: Would Dom kill active Syndicate regulars? Perhaps. I don't presently regard sig and Dom as teammates, and I don't view Dom as a nutella recruit for obvious reasons.

Dragomir: Would Dragomir kill active Syndicate regulars? In the words of Snape, "I have no idea."

Sloonlexicon: Would Sloonei kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes.

JackofHearts2005: Would JoH kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes.

juliets: Would juliets kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes.

Long Con: Would LC kill active Syndicate regulars? I don't think he'd make a career out of it- I believe what he said on the matter to an extent. That doesn't prove anything, of course.

Michelle: Would Michelle kill active Syndicate regulars? Maybe. I have some reasons to believe Michelle is not mafia, however.

Owner of a Lonely Heart: Would Owner kill active Syndicate regulars? Maybe. Same boat as Michelle minus reasons.

sabie12: Would sabie kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes, but sabie isn't here, man.

sprityo: Would sprityo kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes, but sprityo isn't here, man.

timmer: Would timmer kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes, that bastard would.

TonyStarkPrime: Would TSP kill active Syndicate regulars? Yes- see Fallout (although to be fair, "active Syndicate regulars" made up most of the field). In looking at that one, I was killed Night 1 there (Night 2 here), LC was killed Night 2 there (still alive here), sprityo Night 3 there (subbed in here). I don't see much correlation unless TSP hates me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”