Post by TonyStarkPrime »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:28 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:49 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:46 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:30 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:26 pm

howdy, glad to see you here. how's it going?
Doing pretty good! You?
doin okay

kinda chilling, i'm townreading a lot of people and it's bad for me i think. plus i'm not really devoting that much time to this game anyways.

i want to vote off sprityo. considering a juliets vote or maybe tonystarkprime or something

trying to sort it out
This set off a few red alarms
can you uhh... explain?
No
understandable have a nice day
It’s just tone things, I don’t like the “I’m townreading a lot of people and it’s bad for me I think” but I don’t know exactly what to make of it. The next sentence seems like a preemptive excuse but it’s also just fair. I don’t like the “here are people of whom negative suspicions have been tossed around without much action, is there gonna be any action?” Line
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 318
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Michelle »

Vanity do you read TSP villager? just asking
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Evenstar »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:00 pm like eva, i understand that you find pawn to be right very often but...

why does pawn have to be right in this instance? and more importantly, why is pawn towny to you? and if pawn is a wolf, what does that mean for iaafr and mac's alignments?
... I guess a Pawn/Nutella/[Mac or Iaafr] scumteam could exist, but my gut is saying that's just straight-up not the case here. If only Pawn is scum... mmmmrrrrhhhh. Then Iaafr is the partner and they're pushing me to lynch Nutella? Nah, that's a conspiracy theory, I don't buy that Pawn could control me that well. Maybe Nutella's been pocketed? Sure doesn't feel like it. Mac/Pawn might be doing that and then TRing Iaafr because he's pushing a ML on nutella? Nah, that makes no sense, why push a mislynch on the person you've pocketed?

Maybe Iaafr/Pawn going after Elephant as the ML? The gimmick does make him hatable, I can see Pawn going for that. He wouldn't push Elephant directly, scum pawn tends to work through intermediaries... But Iaafr's push on Elephant is super halfassed. Did some other scum make an opportunity? Who started the wagon? 112. 112/Iaafr/Pawn? I guess I could see it, but I don't like that everybody in it is someone closer to null than scum. Plus that many associatives this early is probably just wrong.

I don't see whatever sinister plot you're trying to get me to consider here, Vanity.
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm Vanity do you read TSP villager? just asking
no i don't
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

scratch the no vote for obtaining reads. Your last post is way to juicy to not be wolfy
[VOTE: Evenstar] aubergine

Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:13 pm Let's all vote jack then, since I'm clearly wrong about it.
The proper response to this is to vote for the person trying to deflect suspicion onto another.

[VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:17 pmSummary pls
Everyone is accusing other people

Me and Juliets and Hyena and to a lesser extent 112 and Sprit are the general “ehh they can be scum reads”

Eva and iaafr are the big brained scum reads

Elephant is elephant

Generally there’s a lot of content which is good but a lot of coordination issues which is a symptom of a 29 player game

That’s about all
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:15 pm Are you people serious?

I missed that the game had started and I have 47 pages to read!?!?!?
Hi welcome to mafia universe
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:36 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:34 pm Vanity do you read TSP villager? just asking
no i don't
okay. me too i have question marks and scum lean for him.

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:13 pm Let's all vote jack then, since I'm clearly wrong about it.
The proper response to this is to vote for the person trying to deflect suspicion onto another.

I don't even merit a chart?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

is not real how much time takes to scroll down that poll -_-

vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:35 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:00 pm like eva, i understand that you find pawn to be right very often but...

why does pawn have to be right in this instance? and more importantly, why is pawn towny to you? and if pawn is a wolf, what does that mean for iaafr and mac's alignments?
... I guess a Pawn/Nutella/[Mac or Iaafr] scumteam could exist, but my gut is saying that's just straight-up not the case here. If only Pawn is scum... mmmmrrrrhhhh. Then Iaafr is the partner and they're pushing me to lynch Nutella? Nah, that's a conspiracy theory, I don't buy that Pawn could control me that well. Maybe Nutella's been pocketed? Sure doesn't feel like it. Mac/Pawn might be doing that and then TRing Iaafr because he's pushing a ML on nutella? Nah, that makes no sense, why push a mislynch on the person you've pocketed?

Maybe Iaafr/Pawn going after Elephant as the ML? The gimmick does make him hatable, I can see Pawn going for that. He wouldn't push Elephant directly, scum pawn tends to work through intermediaries... But Iaafr's push on Elephant is super halfassed. Did some other scum make an opportunity? Who started the wagon? 112. 112/Iaafr/Pawn? I guess I could see it, but I don't like that everybody in it is someone closer to null than scum. Plus that many associatives this early is probably just wrong.

I don't see whatever sinister plot you're trying to get me to consider here, Vanity.
hmm.

i feel like you... didn't answer the question.

but maybe it's me, not you.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

i see again the non read 'Elephant is elephant' care to explain TSP?

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok I finished the ISO for [mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] and have a few comments/questions for Tony. Some are necessarily about his vote for me because I find it odd. I apologize in advance if you find this too long.

Maybe this is nothing but what does he mean here? Tony, why are you saying you'll respond on day 3? It reads to me like you want to get a feel for iaafr's reads first so you can meld with him, but thats just my interpretation. Better that you tell me what you meant.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm just iso'd you and you're really chipper and agreeable

so maybe mac was onto something with you

im never townreading you in this game unless you produce multiple mindmelds

since our analysis styles are supposedly similar

gl tony stark prime
I consider this a challenge to which I will respond to around day 3

This is supposed to be a summary for Michelle but it looks like TSP is just making a list that he can pass off as a reads list. Note he only gives reads on 4 of us and the rest are just descriptors.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:17 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am Morning everyone, can't say i'll gladly catch up, can someone tell me if is worth reading all the last 7 pages?
Ah Michelle ma belle blah blah blah French stuff

To be honest no but it also can’t hurt?
Summary:
Juliets: bad
Nutella: good
Drago: weird
Jack: good for now
Nova: scary after cats and dogs
elephant: elephant
Mac: very positive
Creature: creature
iaiaafrair: my new favorite

TSP what did you mean below when you said you were "uncomfortable"? Were you kidding? If not what was there to feel uncomfortable about?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:20 am
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:16 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am okay guys no more of uhh whatever this is until we figure out who’s trying to do the bad thing

I don’t know what that is cause I haven’t seen inception in a long time but something with brains and dreams

My first candidate is Juliets. Yes / no fight
Tony I just can't figure you out lol

...aka this post reads awkward and bad at face value but like also probably has good intentions? :shrug:
I am currently uncomfortable

Ok this is yikes. How could you not know 112? It makes me think you are not reading the thread closely which I associate more with scum. Or were you just kidding and if so why would you kid about that? It sounded real though.
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:19 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am Morning everyone, can't say i'll gladly catch up, can someone tell me if is worth reading all the last 7 pages?

Summary:
no mention of 112?

also just looked in your iso and you actually haven't acknowledged 112 once even though they've had lots of posts and attention so basically you're officially w/w now congratulations
No who’s 112

The post below has already been discussed so I'm including it just to be complete.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:32 am
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 am

Summary:
no mention of 112?

also just looked in your iso and you actually haven't acknowledged 112 once even though they've had lots of posts and attention so basically you're officially w/w now congratulations
No who’s 112
how do you have a strong favorite read of iaafr but "who dat" 112 when all of iaafr's meaningful posts/interactions were with 112 lol this read fake

I've been reading and avoiding posting until I finished catching up, bc sleepy and not feeling chatty tbh. but this one stuck out enough to need to reply in the moment.
This one? This is what it was? Of all the posts you latched on to this? I mean I quoted the point I liked from iaafr and it was about Mac. And then he challenged me to a duel and I liked that too. So not all of the meaningful posts/interactions are about 112.

I’m not generally one for individual post construction, but it’s ... interesting ... (someone kill me) that the first half has no punctuation and the latter half does. That shows different curator styles, or that both parts were written separately, or its a player thing I don’t understand because I’ve never played with spiny creature before. Slight lean scum though for the first possibility: in a normal world town would never make such a mentality shift from one half to another, but there are conceivable reasons. The second and third possibilities are NAI.

I did not see this as the stupidest argument ever. And I think saying you don't have a play style is off. Maybe you could explain that a little and I would feel better about it:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:49 am

Summary:
no mention of 112?

No who’s 112
how do you have a strong favorite read of iaafr but "who dat" 112 when all of iaafr's meaningful posts/interactions were with 112 lol this read fake

I've been reading and avoiding posting until I finished catching up, bc sleepy and not feeling chatty tbh. but this one stuck out enough to need to reply in the moment.
Good callout from Spiny, TSP has been weird overall and I haven't been sure wether it was playstyle - but this feels like a smoking gun to me. TSP scum.
Okay first off I have no playstyle and second off literally I don’t know 112 I did not get a read on them that’s it this is the stupidest argument I have ever heard in... well a long time

As someone else pointed out, Jack I think, this was a good post up to the very last line. With the last line included I don't like it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:47 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:34 pm
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 pm
@PawnLelouch (hopefully that has no spaces, if it does i give up on tagging) not to repeat d1 of finals, but what's your read on Eva rn? I see that you are in more heat than she is but I am far from caught up and left before you showed up at all.
Right here. :P

(via Google translate) "Pawn has more heat, so let me give my scum partner, who I'm townreading, a chance to be towny by talking about Eva right now."
[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine

This spiny case is bullshit and I don't see what you're doing otherwise. Also you dropped off the Epi vote super fast as soon as it started to gain traction.

That ain't a hyena, it's a wolf.
No u
Sorry mate, you've been pinned. :v

And yeah, if you are scum then Epi is a major source to look at tomorrow. Eva raises a good point on wagon momentum.
Super don’t like this on principle for half a dozen reasons but I think the data would show that town tries to set up lynch chains like this more than scum does. I cannot tell you how many times I build a case off something like this and it’s complete garbage because WIFOM scum knows better than to put themselves in that trap. However when combined with the “Eva raises a good point” thing I’m still inclined to call it a very scummy post.

In all fairness I also want to include your response to Pawn's objection:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

(via Google translate) "Pawn has more heat, so let me give my scum partner, who I'm townreading, a chance to be towny by talking about Eva right now."

This spiny case is bullshit and I don't see what you're doing otherwise. Also you dropped off the Epi vote super fast as soon as it started to gain traction.

No u

And yeah, if you are scum then Epi is a major source to look at tomorrow. Eva raises a good point on wagon momentum.
Super don’t like this on principle for half a dozen reasons but I think the data would show that town tries to set up lynch chains like this more than scum does. I cannot tell you how many times I build a case off something like this and it’s complete garbage because WIFOM scum knows better than to put themselves in that trap. However when combined with the “Eva raises a good point” thing I’m still inclined to call it a very scummy post.
Okay, jokes aside for one moment. :v is generally meant to be a joking manner or tone, so when I was saying Hyena is pinned it was meant to be a joke.

However, I already independently scum read Hyena at this point considering my vote on him. So while while it is a joke, there is undertones of my belief scattered through it.

And on the lynch train idea? Hell no, I don't ever finalize lynches a day beforehand. Actually auoting out lynches is how town loses games.

That was me pointing out a conditional associative based on something that another player pointed out, that once I saw, I agreed with.

1) jokes aside is bad Town don’t put aside jokes and act calm
2) nothing wrong with first sentence or suspicion on Hyena though I guess what I was calling into question was not made clear
3) yes duh on lynch train but the suggestion was there. Town has no reason to make a suggestion they don’t believe (well I mean they do but not in this case), scum wants to at least check the grounds for priming an Epi lynch is my thinking.
4) sure I guess it’s fine I just don’t like the phrasing but for players I’m unfamiliar with again I’m not going to die on a phrasing case

I'm going to stop there and discuss his suspicion of me.

Here is his original statement of suspicion of me:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 pm @the post I’m responding to from Juliets

I think I’ve only ever played with scum Juliets that post looks and sounds like that in that game. I’d Lynch but that’s not a strong meta argument.

So he's played with me once and admits he doesn't have a strong argument.

Then:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am okay guys no more of uhh whatever this is until we figure out who’s trying to do the bad thing

I don’t know what that is cause I haven’t seen inception in a long time but something with brains and dreams

So now he's ready to fight for me being scum, even though he doesn't have a strong argument.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
No new reason, just coasting on my one scum read from the players I’m almost familiar with
And now he votes me saying I'm his one scum read from the players he's almost familiar with.

I didn't see any attempt to examine my posts or reads or progress his read on me - he even says he's coasting. This is something scum do, using weak reasoning and riding that reasoning. Now he has since changed his vote so I have to give him some credit for that, but his reasons for voting Pawn also seem weak.

Looking at it all together I can see a scum read at this point. There may be some things I left out as I didn't want to make this any longer. Maybe someone else could take a look.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:26 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:17 pm
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm
Texas: Has a bad habit of not voting until the last minute, so their lack of a vote so far is probably NAI. Still gonna start side-eyeing them if they continue to not put their vote where their mouth is.
This is a very unusually large amount of shade towards me, disproportionate to anything I've actually done

Given I only started reading the thread today and idt I've expressed any scum reads both of Eva's criticisms fall very flat

Not really prepared to vote right now since I don't have a handle on the game state but unofficially voting Eva
This also isn't true at all, which now that I think about it Eva would know that I use my vote liberally given I voted her multiple times on WC1

[VOTE: Evenstar] aubergine
ah great

is this another "mac doesn't post charts"

can someone confirm this behaviour of texas'?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

For now I'm putting a vote on TSP.

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm
Spiny Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:31 pm Jimmy has said I can let you guys know that I've requested a replacement for my slot.

NAI, just have RL stress kicking my ass right now and it's making this game feel more like yet another chore to get to and making me grumpy and stressed whenever I am here.

Have fun tho, and thanks for inviting me @MacDougall ! I'd like to come back and try out Syndicate games some other time, I like this place.

My final request is for there to be more thirsty gifs of both Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt. This is an Inception game, people, get your act TOGETHER.
Oh my goodness he’s in this movie?
It’s the most Christopher Nolan movie ever.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Fuck it.

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Can someone explain to me what a Plinko board is as it relates to mafia?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 876
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

I don't get your guys' issue with those radishes posts but as long as you don't wagon him...
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

also I refuse to read posts and I don't even want to be in wagons today
Master Radishes
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:53 pm I don't get your guys' issue with those radishes posts but as long as you don't wagon him...
I find it funny that the two voting me are Eva and Nute, who I thought were supposed to be arguing with each other. They might be getting their signals crossed. #hottake
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:52 pm Can someone explain to me what a Plinko board is as it relates to mafia?
P L I N K O B O A R D S

W A T E R F A L L S
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hi, Eva. <3
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm Hyena: ... I was going to back off my read here on the basis that the Epignosis thing was NAI if he's town, but it still must be said that his case on Spiny was utter bullshit. That kind of prank doesn't strike me as Town!Hyena. But his tone has been good otherwise, and he's doing the prodding thing he does when he's town.

@Hyena: Can you explain what you were doing WRT Spiny?
So, the first time I mentioned Spiny, I was comparing her way of just mentioning me in her post to Dragomir's way of asking me about it directly. I liked the way Dragomir approached me about, and plus, I figured it might get Spiny's attention if I spoke up about it. However, I think I got sidetracked with something or someone else because I forgot I had prodded her until she spoke up again while I was around.

It was at that point I just figured I'd return to that earlier point to see what she'd say. However, I didn't realize she had said that she wanted to catch up first before commenting (yes, I didn't read the entire post, lol). I still wanted to prod her, though, so I just started being troll-y. That's where the "over explanation" and "fence sitting" stuff came from. As for saying she was townreading Pawn, I wasn't completely paying attention to her posts, but it felt like a good thing to say. :3

I already posted what I thought about the interaction earlier. Just to repeat, I did find it odd how eager she was to make me understand what was going on with her and what she was doing. I don't even know if she was scumreading me or not. If she was, I don't know why she didn't just tell me to shut up, lol.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:17 pmSummary pls
Everyone is accusing other people

Me and Juliets and Hyena and to a lesser extent 112 and Sprit are the general “ehh they can be scum reads”

Eva and iaafr are the big brained scum reads

Elephant is elephant

Generally there’s a lot of content which is good but a lot of coordination issues which is a symptom of a 29 player game

That’s about all
kinda like this summary lol
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Nope, you don't.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

to answer Eva's mention of me: yea nut was basically a toneread and I still don't fully trust her. I also got vibes that her fear of me townreading 112 too easily was a bit overblown and performative. but then longcon added a sketchy vote there and people kept telling me Nutella is obvtown

so I don't care anymore, do whatever
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

the towniest thing about nut is her calling other people's reads shit lol
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:58 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Nope, you don't.
No chart --> clearly not a vote you care about --> I shan't waste my digital breath responding

That's my chart. :shrug:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:18 pm There’s a 0% chance of me reading 47 pages
That's the spirit. <3
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:41 pm

hmm.

Sorry, I got off-track considering Pawn!scum.

1: He doesn't have to be right.

2: He's (maybe) town because he actually posted a readlist. Scum pawn tends to try to slide under the radar.

3: I don't think him being scum would impact my reads much. The point was to check against someone good, not against someone town.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:01 pm 3: I don't think him being scum would impact my reads much. The point was to check against someone good, not against someone town.
wut
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I'm going to say I still don't trust 112 but I don't wanna vote em cuz I like em. if I were trying hard in this game, well I'd read more, but if I were trying hard while refusing to read, I'd probably vote 112 rn, but I don't wanna tryhard so I won't
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:11 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:01 pm
Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:53 pm @TL you catched up, do you have some reads?
Asking like someone who is at half way from catching up -_-
Just call TL scum. :P
negative sir, i need to talk to him before i read him
Okay, then fake townread him then. He'll be more likely to talk openly with you then. :3
this will not be either. I am patienly waiting to form an oppinion after he will post and interact itt.
I can already tell you how he's going to interact with me. He's gonna say that I'm playing similarly to how I played the last time I played with him when I was scum. He might call other people town or scum, but most of all, he's probably going to push me, which is perfectly fine. :P

Now that you know that, I want you to call him scum or town to his face when he returns to the thread. :3 It'll be fun.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

oh yea tl is probably scum

let's go

[VOTE: trustworthy liberal] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:59 pm the towniest thing about nut is her calling other people's reads shit lol
lol, it's gotten a chuckle out of me everytime she has done it this game
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:26 pm dom's entrance is okay but it's never alignment indicative i don't think

people liking him is weird
the fuck is this
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:05 pm oh yea tl is probably scum

let's go

What if I told you TL was town? :P
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:27 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:19 pm I like this dom guy btw, I’m sorry for RNG voting you.
using RNG to vote between 28 people posting and randomly choosing the zero poster? I don't believe your 'RNG' is town motivated.
I mean I hadn’t read the thread, I had no idea who was posting or not for the most part lol. If I were scum I either wouldn’t have bothered or, if I were lying about my thread awareness, picked someone that had more than no posts.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:26 pm dom's entrance is okay but it's never alignment indicative i don't think

the fuck is this
That is fucking town, and I will fight you good sir if you disagree. :3
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm

let's go

no reaction

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:27 pm oh it was only nanook that liked him

well nanook seems like the type that reads into things like that strongly so... no thoughts there
I mean I just like him on a personal level tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:19 pm I like this dom guy btw, I’m sorry for RNG voting you.
using RNG to vote between 28 people posting and randomly choosing the zero poster? I don't believe your 'RNG' is town motivated.
I mean I hadn’t read the thread, I had no idea who was posting or not for the most part lol. If I were scum I either wouldn’t have bothered or, if I were lying about my thread awareness, picked someone that had more than no posts.
[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Hi Nanook. <3
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm

let's go

no reaction
What if I told you that you were scum?

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:08 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm
[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Hi Nanook. <3
Hello fellow town
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:57 pm Hi, Eva. <3
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm Hyena: ... I was going to back off my read here on the basis that the Epignosis thing was NAI if he's town, but it still must be said that his case on Spiny was utter bullshit. That kind of prank doesn't strike me as Town!Hyena. But his tone has been good otherwise, and he's doing the prodding thing he does when he's town.

Hyena: Can you explain what you were doing WRT Spiny?
So, the first time I mentioned Spiny, I was comparing her way of just mentioning me in her post to Dragomir's way of asking me about it directly. I liked the way Dragomir approached me about, and plus, I figured it might get Spiny's attention if I spoke up about it. However, I think I got sidetracked with something or someone else because I forgot I had prodded her until she spoke up again while I was around.

It was at that point I just figured I'd return to that earlier point to see what she'd say. However, I didn't realize she had said that she wanted to catch up first before commenting (yes, I didn't read the entire post, lol). I still wanted to prod her, though, so I just started being troll-y. That's where the "over explanation" and "fence sitting" stuff came from. As for saying she was townreading Pawn, I wasn't completely paying attention to her posts, but it felt like a good thing to say. :3

I already posted what I thought about the interaction earlier. Just to repeat, I did find it odd how eager she was to make me understand what was going on with her and what she was doing. I don't even know if she was scumreading me or not. If she was, I don't know why she didn't just tell me to shut up, lol.
Aight, cool, Hyena is town. Scum!Hyena would be having too much fun to explain the joke like this.

[mention]Pawn Lelouch[/mention], [mention]Epignosis[/mention]: Put your votes elsewhere.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’ll respond as necessary though I applaud Juliets for putting in the work
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 pm Ok I finished the ISO for @TonyStarkPrime and have a few comments/questions for Tony. Some are necessarily about his vote for me because I find it odd. I apologize in advance if you find this too long.

Maybe this is nothing but what does he mean here? Tony, why are you saying you'll respond on day 3? It reads to me like you want to get a feel for iaafr's reads first so you can meld with him, but thats just my interpretation. Better that you tell me what you meant.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm just iso'd you and you're really chipper and agreeable

so maybe mac was onto something with you

im never townreading you in this game unless you produce multiple mindmelds

since our analysis styles are supposedly similar

gl tony stark prime
I consider this a challenge to which I will respond to around day 3
I’m not going to conduct good analysis right now there are 30 people and I’m theoretically busy

This is supposed to be a summary for Michelle but it looks like TSP is just making a list that he can pass off as a reads list. Note he only gives reads on 4 of us and the rest are just descriptors.

Summary:
It’s literally just a joke summary for Michelle

TSP what did you mean below when you said you were "uncomfortable"? Were you kidding? If not what was there to feel uncomfortable about?
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:16 am

Tony I just can't figure you out lol

...aka this post reads awkward and bad at face value but like also probably has good intentions? :shrug:
I am currently uncomfortable
Drago

Ok this is yikes. How could you not know 112? It makes me think you are not reading the thread closely which I associate more with scum. Or were you just kidding and if so why would you kid about that? It sounded real though.

Summary:
no mention of 112?

No who’s 112
super joke

The post below has already been discussed so I'm including it just to be complete.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:32 am

Summary:
no mention of 112?

No who’s 112

This one? This is what it was? Of all the posts you latched on to this? I mean I quoted the point I liked from iaafr and it was about Mac. And then he challenged me to a duel and I liked that too. So not all of the meaningful posts/interactions are about 112.

I’m not generally one for individual post construction, but it’s ... interesting ... (someone kill me) that the first half has no punctuation and the latter half does. That shows different curator styles, or that both parts were written separately, or its a player thing I don’t understand because I’ve never played with spiny creature before. Slight lean scum though for the first possibility: in a normal world town would never make such a mentality shift from one half to another, but there are conceivable reasons. The second and third possibilities are NAI.

I did not see this as the stupidest argument ever. And I think saying you don't have a play style is off. Maybe you could explain that a little and I would feel better about it:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:49 am

Summary:
no mention of 112?

No who’s 112

Good callout from Spiny, TSP has been weird overall and I haven't been sure wether it was playstyle - but this feels like a smoking gun to me. TSP scum.
Okay first off I have no playstyle and second off literally I don’t know 112 I did not get a read on them that’s it this is the stupidest argument I have ever heard in... well a long time
if someone can define my playstyle I’d like to hear it, I just think I don’t play consistently in any manner as town or scum

As someone else pointed out, Jack I think, this was a good post up to the very last line. With the last line included I don't like it.
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 pm
@PawnLelouch (hopefully that has no spaces, if it does i give up on tagging) not to repeat d1 of finals, but what's your read on Eva rn? I see that you are in more heat than she is but I am far from caught up and left before you showed up at all.

No u

In all fairness I also want to include your response to Pawn's objection:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm

No u

Okay, jokes aside for one moment. :v is generally meant to be a joking manner or tone, so when I was saying Hyena is pinned it was meant to be a joke.

However, I already independently scum read Hyena at this point considering my vote on him. So while while it is a joke, there is undertones of my belief scattered through it.

And on the lynch train idea? Hell no, I don't ever finalize lynches a day beforehand. Actually auoting out lynches is how town loses games.

That was me pointing out a conditional associative based on something that another player pointed out, that once I saw, I agreed with.

1) jokes aside is bad Town don’t put aside jokes and act calm
2) nothing wrong with first sentence or suspicion on Hyena though I guess what I was calling into question was not made clear
3) yes duh on lynch train but the suggestion was there. Town has no reason to make a suggestion they don’t believe (well I mean they do but not in this case), scum wants to at least check the grounds for priming an Epi lynch is my thinking.
4) sure I guess it’s fine I just don’t like the phrasing but for players I’m unfamiliar with again I’m not going to die on a phrasing case

I'm going to stop there and discuss his suspicion of me.

Here is his original statement of suspicion of me:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 pm @the post I’m responding to from Juliets

I think I’ve only ever played with scum Juliets that post looks and sounds like that in that game. I’d Lynch but that’s not a strong meta argument.

So he's played with me once and admits he doesn't have a strong argument.

Then:

So now he's ready to fight for me being scum, even though he doesn't have a strong argument.

thats right no one took me up on it

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
No new reason, just coasting on my one scum read from the players I’m almost familiar with
And now he votes me saying I'm his one scum read from the players he's almost familiar with.

I didn't see any attempt to examine my posts or reads or progress his read on me - he even says he's coasting. This is something scum do, using weak reasoning and riding that reasoning. Now he has since changed his vote so I have to give him some credit for that, but his reasons for voting Pawn also seem weak.

Looking at it all together I can see a scum read at this point. There may be some things I left out as I didn't want to make this any longer. Maybe someone else could take a look.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:06 pm

the fuck is this
That is fucking town, and I will fight you good sir if you disagree. :3
why are you answering for vanity?

also-- who the hell is eva? I can't find their name anywhere...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:01 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:41 pm

hmm.

Sorry, I got off-track considering Pawn!scum.

1: He doesn't have to be right.

2: He's (maybe) town because he actually posted a readlist. Scum pawn tends to try to slide under the radar.

3: I don't think him being scum would impact my reads much. The point was to check against someone good, not against someone town.
Haven't the only two games you've really seen me scum it up been Witches and Thaumiel? IE one where I was mainly focused on subtle QT control and got shot by the other scum team N1 and the other where I was trying to blatantly play jester? Legitimate question about your sample size + quality.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

also juliets making a wallpost on tsp and apparently taking multiple posts seriously is legitimately scummy, so says my intuition

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”